Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 14, 2019 11:55 AM

Feb 2014
The most boring looking anime is back. I've seen hentai with more interesting and creative direction and cinematography (and with actual animation) than this cheap ass literal animated manga. Couldn't care less about anything that happened in this episode. Fuck this shit. I'll marathon the rest of this trash after the season is done.
Oct 14, 2019 12:33 PM
Jul 2019

this is the only silver lining around here and everything else is boring shit.
Oct 14, 2019 7:08 PM

Oct 2017
So, I could feel the emotion through this new season episode.
It seems it's gonna be a good begenning till a new development of each one and Yukihira too.
-¡Give yourself to me!
Oct 14, 2019 8:45 PM

Jan 2013
Finally, it's back! I missed this so much.
Gotta appreciate the fact that this season continues straight up where the last one ended.

The OP is really good.
About the results....i expect 2-1 from the elite to 10, the ramen guy is the only one who is going to win, probably... xD
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Oct 15, 2019 7:45 AM

Aug 2007
FInally he continuatuion of the arc. I really want to know how it ends!. Too lazy to read manga.
Oct 15, 2019 1:06 PM

Dec 2016
What a great episode! :D So happy the series are back! I missed those intense matches with everyone's dedication of making meals <3 Amazing and I will support Rindo for her adventurous and mischievous recipes ^.^

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Oct 18, 2019 3:21 AM

May 2018
Good start, things are still getting interesting now that rebels vs central starts now. Loved Megishima and Rindo's fight here, especially when the things go red because of the peppers. Looking forward to the other contestants too.

Oct 18, 2019 5:21 AM

Sep 2017
i cant help but remember when someone once said "this just looks like a slide show" when 2nd or 3rd season aired and i just cant stop seeing it like that now.
it BARELY does anything animation/movement wise its always just a slideshow with the mouth moving,picture sliding up/down or the knife cutting.
please dont get me wrong i absolutely still love this show and im hyped for this season i just wish they would do more for it like it deserves

"those who aren't able to find a more miserable person than themselves turn to the internet and call others losers,even though they've never met"- Satou from nhk
Oct 18, 2019 9:57 AM

Mar 2014
I don't want to watch this anymore...
Oct 18, 2019 1:11 PM

Jul 2019
CondemneDio said:
Another tournament arc, more still-shots and minimal animation.
No surprises there.

Business as usual.

But I do feel like everythings speeded up a little.
Nov 3, 2019 5:52 PM

Jan 2011
CondemneDio said:
No surprises there.
No shit the tournament arc is no surprise. It left off right at the start of it last season.
Nov 3, 2019 11:53 PM

Jan 2013
ReaperCreeper said:
CondemneDio said:
No surprises there.
No shit the tournament arc is no surprise. It left off right at the start of it last season.

Excuse me for not remembering what happened in the previous season of this shitshow.
Nov 5, 2019 2:11 AM

May 2009
CondemneDio said:
ReaperCreeper said:

Excuse me for not remembering what happened in the previous season of this shitshow.

Why are you forcing yourself to watch it then?
Nov 5, 2019 3:02 AM

Jan 2013
bastek66 said:
CondemneDio said:

Why are you forcing yourself to watch it then?

Because why not? Gotta watch shit to appreciate the good shows.
Nov 8, 2019 11:01 PM

Jul 2013
Yeah baby shokugeki is back. I just finished Kimetsu no Yaiba and damn I can't help but compare the comedy between the two.
Dec 31, 2019 5:15 PM

May 2012
Great catchup where the last season stopped and well the battle is still on! So I'm quite interested to see what this season will bring!
Jan 12, 2020 12:19 AM

Mar 2015
Great start to this one, jumping straight back into things!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jan 12, 2020 11:14 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Very good first episode for this season, I see we have some really interesting battle here.
Jan 18, 2020 3:49 PM

Aug 2017
This has become straight up battle shounen anime. I miss the early episodes with lighthearted stories, like going to the market with Nikumi and frolicking at Totsuki.

Outstanding production value, ecchi and hot babes though.

Apr 8, 2020 10:59 PM

Aug 2017
The show did not explain to me why Megishima chose to help Souma in the end lol.

I like the opening as always.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
May 19, 2020 7:13 PM

Aug 2014
OP song is weak compared to others from this anime. I dislike they blurred out what Rindou was eating, I dislike killing live aligator like that it was cruel. I dislike that when Souma said to Megishima he will give ramen first place all the ramen were the same as it is not true there are different toppings in each region.
Ed was ok, but what does mean that Neshin word made from them as letter? ネ申 ?

Anyway they totally wasted my beloved ramen potential episode....
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
May 28, 2020 9:36 AM
May 2020
opening is very enjoyable
Sep 13, 2020 8:43 PM

Sep 2017
no one will probably answer since it's so long after airing but it's been more than a month since they challenged Azami? Am I mistaken or is that an insane amount of time to travel through Hokkaido by train? the train ride took that fuckin long? They must have stopped constantly or had more exam trials that just weren't important to show.

the idol girl and kuga are my favorite characters, they're hilarious.

In the preview, megumi says "i can't get married anymore" bc her skin is too exposed. idk if its just the shows im watching but ive been seeing anime girls say a lot lately and like its got me pissed. whatever man that wouldnt marry you bc of something like that can fucking die.
Oct 19, 2020 2:38 PM

Mar 2010
Lol that big guys back story and how he made it to the top was funny. Eek and oof I only wanted to learn how to cook.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Feb 2, 2021 7:09 AM

Mar 2013
Good new opening, as always I liked them Shokugeki opening eventhough animation is pretty eh. Ending is pretty good too.

The part where Tsukasa shine on top make me realize how lookalike he is with Light Yagami. Both looks like they're a nice person outside but actually is a selfish asshole. Also metaphor with holy knight. I feel like Tsukasa is basically inspired by him lol

Rindo cute and hilarious as always

That end credit lmao Megumi
Mar 8, 2021 3:55 AM

Dec 2012
1 month ago.
Erina fine self.
Kotowaru.
Kuga. Tsukasa.
1 hour break? More like 1 year.
Oh shit! Dat matchup.
Time to get your Shokugeki on!
An alligator?
SHAFT headtilt.
RIP Alligator-kun.
lol at Souma.
African ramen?
Dat flashback.
I want to make Ryoko squirm.
Dem peppers.
Dat ending.

Dat next episode preview. And we're back to the battle. OP and ED are good as expected of SDF and nano.RIPE.

RIP Alligator-kun.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jul 13, 2021 12:15 PM

Jul 2017
God bless Megishima cause the part with him and Soma on paper is good, but this episode took so many flaws that this franchise's anime has experienced the previous few seasons and just amplified that to create such a dull experience overall. The pacing is too fast, the visuals continue to really have no cinematography whatsoever and create a visually monotone and frustrating experience and the storyline's not even there much for this season since its all Shokugekis for this season. This definitely was a rough episode to get through, despite how much I like Rindou and love the fact that I finally get to see her cook for once. JC Staff man.

Also, the problem with this arc already shows with the premiere episode along with the final couple episodes of the previous season. Shit is too formulaic. 3 of the Elite Ten lost in the previous round, now its obvious that 3 of the Rebels will lose this round to even up the playing field and the show does nothing to hide that fact and actually create some unexpected matches. It's so lame.
Aug 28, 2021 9:36 PM

Mar 2009
4th season started airing on Toonami, so it reminded me that I never finished Food Wars. Might as well finish it I guess.

This series has long overstayed its welcome, like 90% of all manga in Shonen Jump. Only watching for Rindo, but once upon a time, it was a fun show.
Oct 17, 2021 6:01 AM

Jan 2021
Holy shit, what's with that pacing.

But, we got Rindō so I will forgive them.
Nov 20, 2021 5:44 AM

Apr 2013
That episode felt incredibly rushed. In addition to that I didn't even remember who that 3rd seat dude was, gues it's been a bit too long. Also the animation is... sub-par at best.
Aug 12, 2022 4:20 PM
Sep 2014
Got weird sexual tones to it, but if I remember right it doesn't go too far. Just kind of a weird shock humor thing, that this anime uses a lot. I do think its funny, but it didn't catch my attention enough to binge it.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Shin no Sara Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2019

170 by MITO134 »»
Today, 5:29 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Shin no Sara Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2019

64 by DrFeelGood887 »»
Dec 22, 2023 3:46 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Shin no Sara Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2019

107 by aod-kun »»
Nov 6, 2023 3:45 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Shin no Sara Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2019

69 by aod-kun »»
Nov 6, 2023 3:13 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Shin no Sara Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 22, 2019

64 by Btnet »»
Nov 5, 2023 11:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.