Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 9, 2019 11:26 PM
Dec 2012
Damn how this weird show can become one of my favourite this season ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚. well animated and love the slapstick comedy.
Oct 10, 2019 12:30 AM
Mar 2011
This season's isekai batch is soooo much better than numerous bad ones we had last season.
My Karma ran over your Dogma
Oct 10, 2019 1:12 AM

Jan 2015
I'm really digging this series. This episode gave me many moments to smile.
Oct 10, 2019 2:02 AM
Sep 2015
Litora said:
Piromysl said:
I was expecting this guy to be vegetarian, yet there was poultry decorating his table. Is this a plot hole or what?

Just because someone loves animals doesn't mean they can't eat animals, a short aside - the anime Silver Spoon demonstrates this very well---
But there's a big difference with animals who are sold as pets and animals raised to be sold as meat. Nothing is stopping the MC to eat flesh that's already has been killed, he just wouldn't do the killing himself.
Besides, in some native cultures, when you take a life of an animals for survival; you would use all or most of the animal as a sign of respect for the life it lived.

I think this anime is a low-key pro-vegan. Remember the lizard princess scene? She read a book about delicious cake and donut and then disgust at her meal which is troll/goblin/orc meat. The anime is not clearly state that she turn vegan but this scene subconciously create value that cake > meat to the audience. Cinema language.
Oct 10, 2019 2:21 AM

Jan 2017
ButtSlapper said:
i cant believe i can see naito tetsuya's finisher destino in anime.

TRANQUILOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Oct 10, 2019 3:33 AM
Jun 2017
Did you just call him an ANIMAL BEAST KILLER? ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ BE ready to be wrestled or being punched.
Oct 10, 2019 3:43 AM
Sep 2019
That lake scene was really cute though, so was the salamander part.
Oct 10, 2019 4:38 AM

Jul 2017
LeSponge said:
Did you just call him an ANIMAL BEAST KILLER? ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ BE ready to be wrestled or being punched.

This shook me hilariously goofing bad.

More on Genzo's shenanigans to build his pet shop. But by defeating more animals of course and raking in the earnings.

And this have the audacity to involve goblins lolz. The fighting animation never felt so surreal, plenty good for a studio backed by Kadokawa. Nice job!

To have the nerve of the goblin king receiving the same German Suplex as the Princess, that was wholesome. "Real men fight with fists" as Genzo's role to reconcile.

This salamander princess...guess we'll see her next episode.
Oct 10, 2019 5:36 AM

Jun 2016
damn .. this anime make me laugh and i very enjoyed watching this anime
Oct 10, 2019 6:18 AM

Feb 2017
phantomfandom said:
Litora said:

Just because someone loves animals doesn't mean they can't eat animals, a short aside - the anime Silver Spoon demonstrates this very well---
But there's a big difference with animals who are sold as pets and animals raised to be sold as meat. Nothing is stopping the MC to eat flesh that's already has been killed, he just wouldn't do the killing himself.
Besides, in some native cultures, when you take a life of an animals for survival; you would use all or most of the animal as a sign of respect for the life it lived.

I think this anime is a low-key pro-vegan. Remember the lizard princess scene? She read a book about delicious cake and donut and then disgust at her meal which is troll/goblin/orc meat. The anime is not clearly state that she turn vegan but this scene subconciously create value that cake > meat to the audience. Cinema language.

She's a little girl that all she eat is meat, of course she'll get sick of it, even pizza lovers would get sick of pizza if that's all they eat.
Oct 10, 2019 9:41 AM
Anime Cat

Aug 2017
Another anti-mainstream scenes

I think Genzo will give the monkeys banana, but give them apples instead.
Genzo saw Shigure bath in the lake, but ran into unicorn behind her instead.
Don't ever call him beast killer or you'll get knocked out

Also that fight against Orc King is great.......My good thoughts about this anime just getting a justification
Oct 10, 2019 9:58 AM

May 2018
One rule to follow before meets Genzo: never said anything bad about animal. Guild staff, Random adventurer, and a party leader is ended on ceiling or wall because of that.

The wrestling between Genzo and Orc king is cool. That's how muscle men talk to each other. I think putting supplex as a signature finisher is a good idea.

And hello loli demon...
Oct 10, 2019 10:13 AM

Jan 2013
This shits amazing
Oct 10, 2019 10:37 AM

Jun 2013
Holy crap that match was epic even the animation was amazing
Oct 10, 2019 2:02 PM

Oct 2018
A really good episode!

That match at the end was amazing!
Oct 10, 2019 3:14 PM

Oct 2011
Amuzing show but kinda slow paced. I skip trough most of it, so I'm gonna watch it without marking it on MAL. If the episodes were 5 mins long the pacing would be fine

Oct 10, 2019 7:06 PM

Jan 2011
Now that was a pretty cool match. Also that Shigure hissing.
Oct 10, 2019 7:38 PM
Jan 2019
The fight between Genzo and the leader of the orcs was great and fun. What a good animation ๐Ÿ‘Œ. A new King of the Orcs is born, hahaha ๐Ÿ˜‚โœŠ. They should call it "monster tamer."
Oct 11, 2019 12:33 AM
Aug 2014
Newest episode is superb, funnier than the cautious hero. But, from the first to the second episode, this series pretty much different from the manga, but it's great and i love it.
Oct 11, 2019 4:28 AM
Jan 2019
ButtSlapper said:
i cant believe i can see naito tetsuya's finisher destino in anime.

Thats what I was thinking
Oct 11, 2019 6:22 AM
Jul 2017
This is by far the stupidest show I've watched in a long time.

I love it! I haven't laughed this much for ages.
Oct 11, 2019 9:13 AM

Aug 2019
All I need in this season of anime is one german suplex every week!
Oct 11, 2019 6:11 PM

Jul 2019
Time to start questing! I'm glad they're not just staying in one place the entire time, instead they're showing the world. I love this type of low-level fantasy. I'm glad they toned down some of the ๆฐ—ๆŒใกๆ‚ชใ„ stuff this episode. Also, I really love all of the female character designs, can't wait for the doujins.
โœ—
Oct 11, 2019 9:58 PM
Oct 2019
This is a surprise. I thought it was a one-joke comedy show (as the manga was). But the anime adaptation do have a strong action element. This is great! Can't imagine this is a new studio.
Oct 12, 2019 12:23 AM

Oct 2008
most hilarious part was the Orc King was voiced by Ono Daisuke! i never even thought about that but it suits! lolz!
5/5.

Oct 12, 2019 5:46 AM

May 2009
That fight was fucking awesome

matias067 said:
most hilarious part was the Orc King was voiced by Ono Daisuke! i never even thought about that but it suits! lolz!
5/5.

OnoD besides voicing Ikemen also is great at lunatics like Jyushimatsu
Oct 12, 2019 9:07 AM

Apr 2015
YO, That fighting scene was LIT!!! Liking the animation.

When Shigure stole that sword kinda remind me when Kazuma stole that sword from the Hero and then sold it. Lmao. Wonder if Shigure sold it too.

Really like this Anime.
Oct 12, 2019 2:19 PM

Aug 2013
Better episode than the first -- felt less pervy and more cutesy. Hope it keeps this vibe throughout.
Oct 12, 2019 11:24 PM

Aug 2016
I wonder what instructions Yuki Yagi (Hanako's VA) received for that ending scene.

To end your perverted thoughts, most likely it was her drinking soup very delicious.

OnoD!
Oct 13, 2019 8:53 AM

Feb 2015
The animation is top notch but i think it's wasted on this series. The MC is bland and one dimensional. It's going to be 12 episodes of him feeling up animals and furries.
Oct 13, 2019 11:32 AM

Jul 2014
Why did the orc kind had such a smooth voice? lmao

Also, the fight was so well done, when he drop kicked the orc kind I was surprised by the angle they decided to show to describe how his fall and how much detail they added to the whole fight scene, noticeably the put a lot of effort on it.
HealmeplzOct 13, 2019 11:37 AM
Oct 13, 2019 5:53 PM

Jun 2015
i knew the orc king had a smooth voice, didn't pin it to be ono daisuke right away though. this is adorable.
Oct 13, 2019 11:08 PM

Sep 2011
phantomfandom said:
Litora said:

It's probably more like goblins and orcs taste awful.
Oct 14, 2019 2:01 PM

Mar 2017
Love the faces she makes
Oct 14, 2019 6:57 PM
Oct 2019
Healmeplz said:
Why did the orc kind had such a smooth voice? lmao

Also, the fight was so well done, when he drop kicked the orc kind I was surprised by the angle they decided to show to describe how his fall and how much detail they added to the whole fight scene, noticeably the put a lot of effort on it.

For the orc king, I believe this is a meme referencing JOJO if you look at the voice actors.
Oct 14, 2019 8:32 PM

Jul 2010
Superns18 said:
i'm kinda forcing myself to watch this, but i lowkey don't find it funny.

Kinda agree, compared to Konosuba that made me laugh out loud with just the first episode. It just kinda lacks the fun and charm so far.
Oct 15, 2019 1:10 AM

Feb 2019
Tenth said:
Superns18 said:
i'm kinda forcing myself to watch this, but i lowkey don't find it funny.

Kinda agree, compared to Konosuba that made me laugh out loud with just the first episode. It just kinda lacks the fun and charm so far.

I feel weird because everyone else was laughing their asses off when watching this, but I just didn't get it
Oct 15, 2019 12:26 PM

Aug 2018
A good continuation from the first episode. Genzou certainly loves punching people into walls doesn't he? Good luck to him with his setting up a pet shop. Sounds like a good idea.
I hope we continue to get some more wrestling every episode too.
Are we ever going to find out who this ant is that keeps showing up?!
Oct 15, 2019 3:00 PM
Mar 2017
This episode was quite funny and it didn't feel as weird as the previous one.

Genzo earns a favorable reputation, this to raise the money to fulfill his dream and Shigure smells an opportunity to have money in heaps and she decides to join Genzo, I knew that Shigure is obsessed with money, I want to see her all happy with the money she loves so much, she is so cute.

I laughed too much when Genzo listened to his new nickname and ended up throwing his offenders to the air, this surpassed me in how Genzo defeated the other adventurer who invited him to his group and then Shigure stole his sword to sell it, her smug face is so hilarious.

Genzo is not resisted by any demonic beast, the salamander was caressed and carried and the monkeys formed a friendship with the wrestler, in the end Genzo managed to capture a lot of demonic beasts, but he still does not have a place where he can hide them and then open his dream pet store.

The werewolf was traumatized with Genzo and his close encounter, now he has no desire to go out for fear of meeting the wrestler.

The scene with Shigure bathing in the lake made me laugh a lot, for a moment I thought that Genzo would attack Shigure to touch her ears or her spongy tail, but fortunately Genzo had his eyes focused on the unicorn that was in the lake, although it seems that Shigure was offended in some way.

The meeting of Genzo and the orcs was incredible, a fight of muscular males where the strongest will win the respect and leadership of the orcs, although I must admit that I had my doubts if Genzo would win, the leader of the orcs would see an opponent strong, but what a surprise it was to see how Genzo beat up the leader and now Genzo has a group of orcs as friends.

We finally had a glimpse of the dragon loli and apparently she wants to taste the sweets that humans make and the vampire girl is in charge of caring for this loli, which is now in town, I can't stand the desire to see how it will be the encounter between the loli and Genzo (I hope he doesn't do anything weird to the loli)
Oct 16, 2019 5:58 AM

Dec 2016
Superns18 said:
Tenth said:

I feel weird because everyone else was laughing their asses off when watching this, but I just didn't get it

I'm already expecting this title to be this season's MILFsekai. A show that got a lot of attention in the early episodes because of meme potential, but people got sick of it's shtick very soon after
Oct 16, 2019 4:11 PM

Apr 2012
Superns18 said:
Tenth said:

Y'all dead inside, that's why.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Oct 16, 2019 4:18 PM

Apr 2012
Luxeraph said:
phantomfandom said:

She's a little girl that all she eat is meat, of course she'll get sick of it, even pizza lovers would get sick of pizza if that's all they eat.
I agree, my friend worked at a KFC for 4 yrs and he gets mad when all of us decide to go to one when we eat out.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Oct 16, 2019 11:12 PM

Jul 2016
Shigure didn't even give back the dagger she received in the previous episode yet she stole another weapon now xD

Quite good episode overall. It was far better and less cringy than the first one, that's for sure.

And on a side note, I never expected this series to have such good animation and choreography. Really impressed by ENGI's first work so far.
Oct 17, 2019 1:04 AM

Feb 2019
Janethan23 said:
Superns18 said:

Y'all dead inside, that's why.

it's funny cause it's true
Oct 22, 2019 8:29 PM
Feb 2016
I don’t get how an Orc (basically a talking, intelligent pig) is not an animal while a Werewolf (a talking, intelligent wolf) is one. Same for Cat girls and Wolf girls.
Oct 22, 2019 8:30 PM
Feb 2016
phantomfandom said:
I also don't understand Genzo, in the previous episode he pet and touch the talking werewolf but in this episode he fight with talking orc. What's the difference between werewolf and orc that make Genzo treat them differently? Fur?
Also, other guys in the guild are quite hot and muscular...
I don’t get it either. Kinda ruins MC a bit when his ideals aren’t consistent.
Oct 22, 2019 8:31 PM
Feb 2016
RobinTheKing said:
phantomfandom said:
I also don't understand Genzo, in the previous episode he pet and touch the talking werewolf but in this episode he fight with talking orc. What's the difference between werewolf and orc that make Genzo treat them differently? Fur?

the werewolf is an animal, while an orc is not
How is an Orc not an animal while a Werewolf is? Whats the determining difference? Kinda ruins MC imo.
Oct 23, 2019 4:51 AM

Jun 2017
Damn, Genzou and Orc King's fight was quite exquisite! It was well animated, Genzou has some crazy strength. Anyway, we'll get more of Dragon Loli next episode.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
โ€• Lelouch Vi Britannia
Oct 24, 2019 2:31 PM
Jul 2018
Manga readers: should I drop this series?
I feel torn on this series. It's incredibly refreshing to see an isekai where the MC is not only an adult, a wrestler, but someone with no powers. However, the humor is extremely...one dimensional. Every joke at this point revolves around the MC's love for animals, making the MC one dimensional.
When I'm watching this series, I keep thinking of how Konosuba is 100x funnier, where the humor was more varied, the characters had more dimension and chemistry.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hataage! Kemono Michi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2019

181 by rhythmico »»
Apr 12, 4:27 PM

Poll: » Hataage! Kemono Michi Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2019

39 by kdushxbdbejw »»
Nov 22, 2023 12:11 AM

» any romance in this anime?

Stoorainclaire - Dec 30, 2019

2 by provat_haque »»
Nov 12, 2023 10:43 AM

Poll: » Hataage! Kemono Michi Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2019

49 by GooseHybrid »»
Oct 18, 2023 5:51 PM

Poll: » Hataage! Kemono Michi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2019

80 by __FK__ »»
Jul 13, 2023 8:20 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.