Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Carole & Tuesday
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Oct 19, 2019 7:14 AM

Jun 2013
Those 7mins did evoke some feelings from me. Pretty touching so to say, definitely reminded me of “We Are The World”. Though the plot was somewhat lacking, it was still enjoyable.
Oct 19, 2019 9:59 PM

Apr 2017
So nobody else noticed any of the cameos throughout that last performance? The Weeknd. Travis Scott. No? Just me?
Oct 21, 2019 10:09 PM
May 2019
DANG IT! Cant wait for the new season if there actually is!?!? WHAT AN AWESOME ENDING. It made me cry😢
Oct 28, 2019 1:00 AM

Jun 2009
Eh...it was okay I guess. 7/10

Bit of a letdown, to be honest.
Oct 28, 2019 6:33 PM

Apr 2009
Wait... so were Tao and Angela technically siblings or....?

That part was SUPER confusing lol
Nov 14, 2019 4:42 AM

Jul 2009
Oof... It ended up being disappointment. Finale aside, second part of the season was so focused on politics imitating the current state worldwide. That's big oof. Also lots of lazy camera work, like you have some awesome futuristic backgrounds interior, and so on but every single time from the same damn angle, like cmon that's such a waste.
Music was enjoyable, characters felt real beside when they were trying to appear too deep - and this happened not once or twice. I know it's something like ideal to aim for but.. you can't force it

Overall first part is great, there's lot of parody like detail in both characters and story. Second is disappointing, taking turn to a serious instead of comedic

Surprisingly I don't know how to score this
Nov 15, 2019 7:22 AM

Aug 2017
Anyone else laughed so hard when the robot of Desmond was sitting in the stands when it was his turn to sing? lol

Remember when they said C&T is gonna have romance? I really like the final song but the writing is a mess (not so much in Angela's case) especially in the second half. Not nearly enough to redeem rest of the series. Too little too late. I guess the only interesting thing in this episode (besides the final song) was the fact that Tao was Angela's genetically modificated brother like her.

Mother, Mother, Mother. First half is 7/10, second half 4.5/10 5/10 for the anime
NurguburuNov 15, 2019 7:30 AM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Nov 15, 2019 7:59 AM

Nov 2015
Nurguburu said:

Remember when they said C&T is gonna have romance?[/b]

It was never said that it was a romance. MAL added the tag when the synopsis never said romance.
HACKs! 🤢🤮
Nov 19, 2019 4:06 AM

Jun 2019
That ending was so lit "Will be continued... In your mind" well done. :O
One of my favorite anime of this year :D
lettuce<3
Nov 25, 2019 8:08 AM

Jul 2015
One of the best anime of this genre I've watched so far, pretty good considering most anime originals are mediocre

Damn that end screen, why u tease me like that "To be continued.." made me so happy but then the "In your mind".....don't do me like that....

Dec 4, 2019 4:27 AM

Mar 2015
That performance in the end was really nice!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Dec 15, 2019 6:21 AM
Jul 2008
Quequel said:
It really upsets me that the girls never said a single thank you to Roddy. He put them on the map with that video and helped them a lot, with nothing in it for him and never asked for anything in return.

He lost his robot collections, danced 120 times, sheltered Ertegun, became bait then electrocuted, and bought the expensive tree. Too bad joke character will forever be a joke.
Dec 19, 2019 10:40 PM

Mar 2017
Y'all are crazy, this show is at least a 9/10 and is easily AOTY. Such a unique experience is so rare in this medium that it at least deserves that.
Dec 25, 2019 8:52 AM
Master Otaku

Mar 2009
Wow, just wow.

Greatness personified.
- Justin T. Poindexter
Dec 27, 2019 10:04 AM

Aug 2015
Loved this anime! I've seen people dislike the presence of political topics in it, but for me that made me appreciate it even more.
Dec 27, 2019 6:54 PM

May 2018
This was really good. I would love a second season!

"Are you intoxicated, or just insane?"
Dec 29, 2019 6:11 AM

Mar 2010
Was really surprised when tao told he was her genetic brother like whoa didnt expect that.. i saw them as a couple now i def cant xD

7/10 for me as there were many loose ends and most got rushed to enclosure and some stuff made no sense but it had many endearing good moments too. Wouldnt have minded the politics if they were less rushed and executed well but tbh i preferred just more SoL and chill stuff like the first part...

Unique it sure was, so def would love another season neverthless
Dec 30, 2019 12:40 AM

Oct 2013
Well... things got wrapped up real quickly in this episode. The situation with the mom did a 180 after not caring what was a happening to Tuesday... and then what was up with the background between Tao and Angela?! I have so many unanswered questions!! Otherwise it was enjoyable.
Dec 31, 2019 7:37 PM
Mar 2018
I honestly have no idea why people in this thread are giving this low scores. Are you guys high?? This series truly is a hidden gem for 2019 that should be remembered.
I haven’t been so invested in a series in a while. Watanabe knows how to pull viewers in with music and raw emotion.
This was a great time to watch these final episodes during New Years Eve RIGHT NOW! The ending was absolutely touching and I couldn’t stop tearing up. Having every talented artist Carole and Tuesday met over the course of the series was incredible. I couldn’t help but cry when Angela started to sing. Poor girl has suffered so much. This was a character I didn’t care too much about in the beginning because I thought she was a spoiled brat. But, she was only misunderstood.
I had fun watching this series and as 2019 wraps up, Carole and Tuesday is without a doubt ONE of my favorite animes to be released this year AS WELL as the entire 2010s decade. It’s so magically and it made me think deeper about musicians, their position in the entertainment world, and music in general. Music is more than just music. It’s a feeling and an experience.
Jan 3, 2020 7:15 PM

Mar 2012
if i had to describe this series i would say it was underwhelming and anticlimactic. don't get me wrong, i actually liked it. the problem wasn't the themes it brought up or even the characters but it was the journey and the goals. the political plot was interesting but it went nowhere, angela's downfall could be touching, carole and tuesday's friendship could be more warm, but i'm leaving this feeling that absolutely everything was underdeveloped.
it's a case of an anime i like not because what it actually but for what it could have been.
that being said, visuals and music were really really good, i have no complaints there and my favourite characters were probably gus and roddy (or maybe roddy could have been it, but i digress...)
Jan 4, 2020 8:23 AM

Nov 2009
Fantastic finale, it's a shame the 2nd half of the show is a pretty big drop in quality but it was an up and down ride from the very beginning.

Good show though, an easy 7 but I think it had potential to be great.
Jan 5, 2020 7:20 PM

Nov 2015
The start felt a little slow but it really did pick it's self up. Great anime with a lot of talent behind it. The animation, voice actors/tress and of course the music it's self. My MVP of the show has got the be Tao, rather mysterious at the beginning, I thought he would be a villian. But became a pillar for Angela and we got a nice twist at the end regarding her past and Tao's.

Got excited when it said "to be continued" but got baited by the "in your mind". Still hopeful of a sequel of some sort. Would be nice for Carole and Tuesday to visit earth and play there.

Katsura janai, Zura da

Jan 6, 2020 12:01 AM

May 2015
Great finale. I also agree they could have added another episode to wrap things up. It's hard to decide the score for this one since it's unique and well executed. However I feel like it missed something. Not sure what it is.
9/10 Easily top 10 of 2019.
Jan 6, 2020 12:33 AM

Feb 2019
Most slept on masterpiece of the decade.
Jan 6, 2020 12:35 PM
Oct 2019
I want to ask a question, why did the police arrive at the theater in the end? I dont get it did I miss something?
Jan 6, 2020 11:28 PM

Dec 2016
Ending was kind of anti-climactic imo but overall a really fun, interesting, and unique show that is definitely worth the watch
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Jan 9, 2020 12:43 PM
Sep 2007
The song was nice. Too bad the ending is little dissapointing... I hardly see how Tuesday's mom resignation would change things, since arresting immigrants was already in motion. And we don't know if president won't be someone with similar (if not worse) attitude towards Earth's immigrants. Also, what the police did after the song?

"To be continued - in your minds" *flips the table*

The show overall was nice, first episodes were even funnier than I expected (I was kinda afraid it would be something like "Your Lie in April", since Netflix' preview fragment contained melody from quite sad song "The Loneliest Girl"). Galactic Mermaids were perfect meme material :D .
Jan 14, 2020 8:45 PM

Mar 2019
MiiyoSon said:
Animaniaig said:

Just because she was a politician, it doesn't mean they need to force it into the story and change the focus so badly.

But you're saying that there was no transition between the two. Valerie was still in the middle of her campaign during the first half. There was also the fact that during the first cour the show kept bringing up Carole was a refugee so you knew they were going to touch in the subject at some point. I least I did.

More importantly, each and every episode we were given a reminder that Carole and Tuesday would do something, perhaps a show, a miracle, that would CHANGE MARS

How the fuck
would that not be political

I'm really stupefied at some comments here, it's like people are living by inertia
my dark magical girl webseries
https://unsafemahoushoujo.wordpress.com/blog/
Jan 15, 2020 2:52 PM

May 2015
The overall series was lackluster… Few good episodes, lots of mediocre ones. The potential was there for something better, but…

Best thing about the show was the OP#1 animation sequence.

5/10

We ultimately fear what spawns from within us ~Shinsekai yori
Music is freedom. ~Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Jan 19, 2020 6:29 PM

Sep 2017
The ending was really beautiful, the song and everything very emotional, this series gave several moments like that and beautiful songs.
Jan 20, 2020 10:22 PM
Feb 2016
A great show. Tbh, i wasnt expecting much when they were collaborated with netflix but oh boy how wrong i was. Im glad i watched this. The song are catchy altho i really dont get how they judge the songs. Some felt repetitive but okay some just weird fuck yeah. The characters are great. Not too bland but not too dramatised. The ed felt rush tho and felt incomplete but nevertheless i enjoy it. The change from jap va to english singers sound weird sometimes tho but the catchy song make up for it. I'm just glad there aren't much westernization in this anime. Still feels like watching an anime tho. Really glad it didn't turn out into shows like big mouth when they were produce by netflix.
Jan 28, 2020 7:54 AM
May 2016
Eh, the final episode was crap. Don't get me wrong, the song was good, but it was the same pop shit that the duo technically swore against making. What, did they really think that a song could change the world's political views? I expected more from Tobe, who was shown to be a hyper-critical personality. How idealistic of them to do this, not to mention casting aside the unresolved subplots like why there were illegal immigrants in the first place. Context is important and yet they completely forgot about that. 6/10 in my book.
Jan 29, 2020 8:43 AM

Jan 2014
I feel that they kinda wasted potential of this series
it's still a good show, but it could have been better
Feb 5, 2020 3:01 PM

Jun 2019
Mich666 said:
Hmm. The song itself wasn't half bad but whole ending where everyone were magically brought together by love to solve the problem and lived happily ever after was. What was even the message of the show?
Everything went just way too easy, swat team was pushover and there was no character growth for both main protagonists.

I guess the only interesting thing in this episode was the fact that Tao was Angela's genetically modificated brother like her.

It started well but with politics (that had no real meaning in the end) and rather average music it's pretty forgettable anime. Let's move on, guys.

meh/10

You are the reason a lot of anime have so much unnecessary drawn out drama that completely artificially lengthens the plot, and leaves shit on a cliffhanger or bad note, only to never be continued, or be continued in a mediocre season 2.

Anyway, this show is one of the few 10/10s I've ever given. A powerful message, incredible music, fantastic characters (even side characters got love and interesting stories), and one of few 24 ep animes with a proper resolution and a happy ending. Top.

Feb 10, 2020 11:18 AM

Mar 2017
Overall I thought this was an enjoyable anime and I really liked the message it portrayed and the way it reflected what's going on in the real world.

My only issue with it is that I didn't give a shit at all about Carole and Tuesday; they were very 2-dimensional characters and didn't feel like the protagonists at all. I also feel like the first half of the season wasn't that interesting. HOWEVER, the second half was amazing and there were other characters that made this anime entirely worth watching. And of course, a majority of the music in it was beautiful!
Feb 13, 2020 2:16 AM

Oct 2018
Pretty good show, not gonna lie and angela ended up being one the best character.
Feb 13, 2020 10:29 AM

Jun 2015
Nice We Are The World moment in the end.
This has been a nice ride. Despite the pacing and incomplete personal arcs, this is still a 9 for me. They were clearly focusing in music and animation here, as well as some social criticism, with the drama being like a glue. Even though, we could use some OVAs or spin-offs featuring the secondary characters.
Feb 20, 2020 10:25 PM

May 2010
My man Tao better live through this.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Feb 23, 2020 3:38 PM
Aug 2014
Beautiful anime. This is a anime that warms the soul and heart. The ending is beautiful done and I couldn't think of a more perfect way to end such a beautiful anime. This will definitely make my top 10. Loved it
Mar 24, 2020 7:44 PM

Jan 2020
I'm so glad I watched this, what an amazing show. It's a bit too idealistic, the girls get extremely lucky, it gets a bit melodramatic and cliche at times, and in the end the power of music solves everything. But I wouldn't want it any other way, I'd even say the message of inclusion and acceptance wouldn't hit as hard otherwise.

Maybe I watched it at the right time with the right mindset, but it's an easy 9/10 because I can't bring myself to hate anything aboout it despite it's flaws.
Also, all the songs by C&T gained a permanent spot in my playlist.
Mar 26, 2020 11:06 AM
Jul 2015
better than bebop 😊

and the prefect anime to watch during the coronavirus / COVID-19
Apr 8, 2020 2:45 AM

May 2017
This was a beautiful last episode and such a good song to end.
It's been a while since an anime ending has left me this satisfied!

I really loved the second half of the anime, sadly I didn't like the talents show arch too much...
Apr 19, 2020 12:57 PM

Apr 2017
I rarely write posts, but this anime is too wonderful not to write anything.

At the beginning, the road was steep, and for the main characters as well as for me.

However, I didn't even notice when I got soaked in this anime. I don't regret any second dedicated to this title. It was beautiful... 9/10.
Jul 5, 2020 1:48 AM
Sep 2019
Spectacular season finale. Though I have to say that the show went downhill on the second part of the season. The music is what kept me watching as the politics pretty much ruined things for me. Anyhow, I don’t regret watching this show as it was well worth it.
Jul 23, 2020 7:11 PM

Apr 2013
I kinda wanted to know what happened to the album but i guess it's asking us to make up our own minds lol

Was enjoyable to watch.

Aug 6, 2020 9:06 PM

May 2018
An almost perfect series, that might end up in my favorites, I don't know, I havent fully decided yet. But man, THIS is what more anime need to aim to be. Everything about it is what anime is lacking.

"Will be continued... in your mind." Like holy shit... I felt goosebumps
Aug 9, 2020 10:22 PM

Dec 2014
such heart warming songs and overall a great song til the very end. Hard to not support carole and tuesday. everything turned out how i wanted it!

I have small reviews for almost ALL anime I've seen. Unlike any regular MAL page you've seen.

Ever wondering what I've watched and what I think about it? Check my List out below!

https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Iam_Jermaine
Aug 30, 2020 2:07 AM

Nov 2019
A show like this one, that uses a common template for its primary event developments, lives or dies on the quality of its music and... unfortunately it all seemed very 'Billboard Top 100' to me with the characters looking more like lip-syncers than actual vocalists.

Of course that will be much less of a negative if you happen to enjoy this sort of slower, heavily-produced house/pop/R&B music.

More of an issue is the way the politics subplot comes to dominate the ending. Even if pulled off flawlessly that kind of bait-n-switch is nothing to be proud of, and here it comes across as incredibly forced.
Oct 22, 2020 2:41 PM

Apr 2015
Hmm there was too much going on. Do not mind the politics but i don't know how i feel about the execution, though i did like the diversity and inclusion.
I just expected it would be more about the two girls and how they bond over the struggle to achieve their musical dreams, but there were only like 3 episodes of entire 24 that actually focused on the girls so it was hard for me to feel depth of their friendship and also their music career did not have too many hurdles.

I would have personally liked it better if it was a slice of life of just 12 episodes of their friendship where they slowly bond over the episodes, but obviously that's not what the creators intended. At the very least, there should have been more episodes focused on the girls together than the side characters, i mean the series is titled 'Carole & Tuesday' after all.
Anu_Hearts_AnimeOct 22, 2020 2:48 PM
Dec 4, 2020 10:50 AM

Apr 2012
Good show with an impressive cast, songs and visuals, but surprisingly hard to engage with at times due to its writing.

Thankfully still a very unique series like all of Watanabe's.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Carole & Tuesday Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2019

73 by Shikkakku »»
Yesterday, 8:34 PM

Poll: » Carole & Tuesday Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2019

82 by Shikkakku »»
Apr 25, 9:35 PM

Poll: » Carole & Tuesday Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2019

77 by Shikkakku »»
Apr 23, 8:43 AM

Poll: » Carole & Tuesday Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2019

85 by Shikkakku »»
Apr 23, 7:37 AM

Poll: » Carole & Tuesday Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2019

81 by Shikkakku »»
Apr 22, 8:37 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.