Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Sep 27, 2019 12:07 PM

Apr 2014
Ugh, worse than the spinoff..
Sep 27, 2019 12:14 PM
Nov 2018
A very nice, calm conclusion. Overall I liked it more than S1, still 7/10 but closer to 8/10
Sep 27, 2019 12:19 PM
Dec 2015

Having read the novels, I can say that season three will be huge if it's done right. The next arc is what sent Is it Wrong to my must-read pile (before that is was just a "fun" read). Everything up to this point was just table-setting and getting Bell and Hestia Family to the right place to influence what is to come.
Sep 27, 2019 12:34 PM
Jul 2019
Ok, so in the end it kida looks like that Bell chooses Hestia over Ains, but who was that girl that just came out from the rock????
Sep 27, 2019 12:40 PM

Feb 2015
A nice episode to end on with some good character development between Bell and Hestia. Looking forward to season 3, I think it was as good but not better than season 1. A solid 8/10
Sep 27, 2019 12:58 PM

Jun 2014
This season was pretty average for me just like season 1. There were a couple fights that were animated pretty well but other than that nothing really wowed me or stood out to me this season. At least we won't have to wait another 4 years for the next season.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 27, 2019 1:10 PM

Jul 2014
Damn, this was a great ending full of feels. I cried :'(

Nice to know more about Ais. It seems that she has a connection with the black dragon, the first thing that comes to mind is that it is responsible for the death of her parents.

Ais looked good in those clothes.

Same with Hestia. That was a really nice moment.

Lili and Hestia's faces when Haruhime hugged Bell were hilarious.

New waifu in sight? I hope so.

So, about this season, I think I liked it less than the first one. And my two biggest complaints would be:

The first arc should have been a little longer. First with Lili's rescue that was too fast/easy? It would have been nice to know a little more about Soma and his familia.

Then you have the War Game that although it wasn't bad, I feel it didn't pay off the hype it built up. Each one's moment to shine was too short, including the final fight which wasn't as exciting as I was expecting.

2. Haruhime. I really feel like that arc lacked a flashback of how she went from being the pure girl that Mikoto remembered to a prostitute. Of what she suffered in that span, something that makes me understand her better and feel bad for her because while I came to believe in her words that she was a prostitute, I didn't really feel them.

*About her finally being a virgin, I'm ok with that. Although I believed in her words, I honestly always expected that at some point they would reveal that. Though, I hope that at some point they'll tell her or somehow find out.

All in all, this series is always fun and it was one of the ones I expected the most every week so I'm very excited about that third season and OVA....... beach episode!

Hestia best girl!
SkyLETVSep 27, 2019 9:25 PM
Sep 27, 2019 1:13 PM

Jul 2017
well it was better than the 1st season at least, although that wasn't too hard to beat

did I mention I'm a prostitute?/10
Sep 27, 2019 1:15 PM

Oct 2010
massive letdown compared to S1
Sep 27, 2019 1:27 PM

Oct 2015
This anime used to be about exploring dungeons, it became another shitty harem.... i might watch season 3 only for Ais & Hestia... just being honest tho.....

i hope S3 gets better.
Sep 27, 2019 1:28 PM

Nov 2015
LAST SCENE! Whats the girls name?
You cannot spell Light without L
Sep 27, 2019 1:31 PM

Apr 2015
S1 was superior overall, but this season wasn't bad. I quite enjoyed it. Ishtar arc was definitely the best, rest was alright. The ending scene looked promising and with the S3 announcement, it's good we don't have to wait too long for it to continue.

7/10
Sep 27, 2019 1:36 PM

Jul 2017
Oh shit... i wasn't expecting the feels in this final episode! It still was a great episode imo, cool finale. That moment between Bell and Hestia was golden.

Overall, really slow paced season, but for what i've heard, the next arc is going to be one of the best in the entire series, and because of that, i am happy that JC Staff didn't rush this season. 3rd season hype!!

It's an 8/10 (first season was a 9/10), still pretty good, loved it!
Sep 27, 2019 1:36 PM

Dec 2014
It was actually a nice episode to close out the season.

Ais was looking really cute in those clothes. Would definitely love to see her in different outfits. xD

Hestia and Bell's conversation at the end was sweet.

Overall, I felt this was a very lackluster season especially compared to the first. The action sequences weren't all that great and the plot was nowhere near as interesting as the first one which had some really nice development especially for Bell. Presentation felt dead compared to the last season which had a lot of exciting moments. Hestia and Ais are pretty much the only reason I continued watching, I hope next season gets better.

6/10, even the movie and Sword Oratoria were better than this season. :(
I genuinely hope S3 will be better.
Sep 27, 2019 1:39 PM
Jul 2015
So it ended.

Where did the anime end in relation with the novel?

I want to continue reading the story but I'm not sure where it ended.

PS: Pls don't tell me to read it from the beginning
Sep 27, 2019 2:07 PM
Mar 2014
3rd Season!
when is it coming?
I want to see how the story develops with that Dragon Girl "goddess" or whatever it's supposed to be.

Most likely another one that will end up in Bell Kun harem circle.
Sep 27, 2019 2:11 PM
Mar 2019
I DON'T CARE ABOUT ANY OPINIONS,
I loved this season of Danmachi :D
Season 3 , YES ! :D
Sep 27, 2019 2:17 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Oooh volume 9 content teased at the end there and a third season coming. That's pretty cool

Alex_TheBest said:
So it ended.

Where did the anime end in relation with the novel?

I want to continue reading the story but I'm not sure where it ended.

PS: Pls don't tell me to read it from the beginning
This covered up to the end of volume 8 (though they kinda only did an abriged version of v8 in the last two eps)
Sep 27, 2019 2:20 PM

Apr 2012
Decent ep: had Aiz show emotions towards the dragon scales, a sweet old villager dying, and Bell's fear of loss kept in check.

Overall decent season. Don't remember S1 well but S2's pacing felt more balanced. And this was leagues better than the spin-off that had the most boring and generic story ever, so waiting for more.
Sep 27, 2019 2:25 PM
Sep 2011
It was a quick and quiet wrap-up. This season didn't have enough of Ais...
Sep 27, 2019 2:33 PM

Nov 2016
Liked how emotional this finale was.

Overall I slighlty enjoyed it more than the first season. Not due to improved quality or something along those lines, it's me who changed.

S3 we will get back to business, kinda looking forward to it.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 27, 2019 2:44 PM

Apr 2019
That final dialog about love between mortals and gods had strong Spice & Wolf vibes. I don't think it is accidential that Hestia's dress, the head cover in particular, looks a lot like Holo's outfit.

Sep 27, 2019 2:54 PM

Jun 2017
I think it was an okay season. I was pretty surprised they ended with an episode like this but at least I hope Bell will be able to see Hestia as a woman now otherwise all this "development" was just trolling lol.
Sep 27, 2019 3:01 PM

Jan 2017
Generally an alright episode, but best girl has to be Haruhime, she's just better than Ais in every way... and they look exactly the same -but Haruhime comes with a cute character and ears (I feel strange for saying such a thing)
Sep 27, 2019 3:18 PM
Nov 2016
Worse than season 1, i would've liked more rpg and dungeon crawling instead of familiar wars. But it was still one of the few shows i was always looking forward to this season.
6/10
Sep 27, 2019 3:25 PM

Mar 2010
Don't know if I am going to watch season 3 . 10 seconds of Bridgid and i would rather watch her then Hestia, Bell also has too many girls after him lol
Sep 27, 2019 3:26 PM

Jan 2008
It was an alright episode. This mini arc could have used one more episode, honestly. I prefer the "show, don't tell" method of storytelling. Would have liked to have SEEN Ais rescue the others instead of being told she did. SEEN them interact with the mayor and daughter, or villagers, or whomever, and gotten set up in the house. This season could have used 13 instead of 12 episodes, but whatever.

Season's over, and another is announced. Hopefully we'll see more dungeon crawls.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Sep 27, 2019 3:31 PM
Jun 2016
TBH, this felt more like a middle episode then a finale. Kind of disappointed. It was very touching at the end and I teared up when Hestia did her Goddess duties. I hope season 3 gives us less drama and more dungeoneering.
Sep 27, 2019 3:42 PM

Feb 2015
I feel like I'm crazy, this season was getting so much hate on each and every episode, now everyone is acting like it was A okay and is happy it's getting a second season. Guess only the fans managed to make it through. This was a dumpster fire. Shit animation, awful story telling, dreadful dialogue, and cheap characters / emotional bait both in the villains and the allies. The high points of this were mediocre and the lowpoints, IE the majority of the season, were awful.
Sep 27, 2019 4:07 PM

Apr 2013
Season 1 was definitely better but this season was okay to watch, nice to see Season 3 already confirmed.
That cliffhanger about the Hybrid Monster? Girl in the dungeon at the end though, looking forward to season 3 to find out what's the deal with her
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Sep 27, 2019 4:43 PM
Dec 2018
I like this season a little more than the first one but their story arc conclusions are sh*t. I hate harem stuff too but still I enjoy it so 8/10 for me.
Sep 27, 2019 4:52 PM
Mar 2017
Well, Danmachi has finished it second season, personally it was not a bad season, it had slow moments, but I think it helped to see how Bell grew from the other perspective, not as an adventurer, but as a person.
This episode was very moving, more than anything because we finally understood why Bell is afraid of loving Hestia and this through the history of the mayor of the village that welcomes them.
Bell's fear of dying and leaving Hestia alone is what does not allow him to return Hestia's feelings, but the adorable Hestia was very understanding and knew how to comfort and calm Bell.

I loved when Hestia and Ais were dressed in the outfits of the festival, they both looked really beautiful and I must admit that when Ais and Hestia were alone it made me laugh a lot, so Ais sees Bell as her pet rabbit, how funny and sad for Bell .

The scene of the death of Mayor Karm was very sad, it had me on the verge of tears to see how Hestia helped him to go in peace, it was fun to see how Hestia managed to meet the goddess of the family to which Karm belonged.

Anyway, the trio returns to Orario safely and everyone returns to reunite with their respective families, Haruhime hugging Bell was very adorable and I laughed a lot as the jealousy of Hestia and Lili looked on their faces, but already at the end of the episode A girl with what appear to be crystal scales appears in the dungeon, who will she be?
I guess this means that we already have the beginning of what will be the third season that was announced for the summer season next year and the news did not end and announced an Ova, that makes it clear that they did quite well with this season.

I give 9/10 to this season, I would have liked to see more of the war family and have enjoyed more of Apollo's defeat, but at least the Haruhime arc was not bad, besides this arc allowed us to see the terrifying power that He owns the Freya family.
Sep 27, 2019 5:03 PM

Apr 2019
this season was pretty much so, there could only be 8 episodes so it wouldn't get boring

5/10
Sep 27, 2019 5:23 PM

Sep 2016
well that was an utterly tonedeaf death scene.
Objectivity doesn't exist. Subjectivity is an excuse. Beautiful world of online discourse.

Sep 27, 2019 5:30 PM

Apr 2019
Who is that girl in the last ? can't find her on wiki
Sep 27, 2019 5:37 PM
Sep 2016
Bronos23 said:
LAST SCENE! Whats the girls name?

Wiene, she will be relevant for S3.
Sep 27, 2019 5:38 PM

Oct 2016
By the looks of the ending it seems likely that there will be another season :D
Sep 27, 2019 7:03 PM

Jan 2011
as a anime only these arcs were kinda bad, and hardly served much development for most the characters besides a few moments in between them at least the arc with saving the new character ended up with them actually staying and not being a one and done deal.

sorta ended on a good note with bell and hestia though they had to put bell to dense harem mc meter to max for the start and it still feels like it's gonna be there.

would be lying if i didn't say i missed this show and wanted more but that was the problem , i wanted more than what we got and hearing we are already getting a S3 has me worried so not holding my breath until it's out .

6/10 needed more dungeon-ing
Sep 27, 2019 7:05 PM

Jun 2008
Season 1 was definitely better...

But I still enjoyed this season.

IMO...Hestia is the big winner here, Bell is probably a dense Harem MC...but he does have a valid reason for worrying about being with Hestia.

But no doubt he wants to be with her...and ultimately I believe that’s what will happen.

7.5/10 for this season....can’t wait for Season 3!!!
Sep 27, 2019 7:11 PM

May 2015
Ehhh, this season just wasn't it for me. The first season wasn't a masterpiece or anything, but it was a fun little show I watched when I first started getting into anime. I thought this season would be similar, but it felt like such a downgrade. I highly doubt I'll watch the third season when it comes out.

Overall, 5/10. Hestia with her hair down was truly *chefs kiss* though.

♡ artist
サコ
Sep 27, 2019 7:46 PM
🐰KawaiiDaikaiju🐲

Nov 2017
kevin_video said:
It was an alright episode. This mini arc could have used one more episode, honestly. I prefer the "show, don't tell" method of storytelling. Would have liked to have SEEN Ais rescue the others instead of being told she did. SEEN them interact with the mayor and daughter, or villagers, or whomever, and gotten set up in the house. This season could have used 13 instead of 12 episodes, but whatever.

Season's over, and another is announced. Hopefully we'll see more dungeon crawls.

Yeah, i was wondering if there was an episode 11.5 i somehow missed, cuz that “wow, we sure did manage to escape that situation we were in” sum-up was pretty bad 😐
Definitely a step down from s1, but now it kinda makes sense that it had an almost filler-like feel to it, seeing as how s3 is already on deck 🤔
Hopefully it will return to s1-levels of awesomeness 😁
“SAITO! YOU NEED TO EXPLODE! FOR THE WORLD’S SAKE!”
Sep 27, 2019 7:53 PM

Jan 2008
gappasaurus said:
kevin_video said:

Yeah, i was wondering if there was an episode 11.5 i somehow missed, cuz that “wow, we sure did manage to escape that situation we were in” sum-up was pretty bad 😐
Definitely a step down from s1, but now it kinda makes sense that it had an almost filler-like feel to it, seeing as how s3 is already on deck 🤔

It did have filler aspects to it, which is sad because it's not. I stopped reading the light novels a while ago, but I know they skipped some stuff. I'll just have to hope that the manga fills in the gaps when it finally catches up.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Sep 27, 2019 8:11 PM
🐰KawaiiDaikaiju🐲

Nov 2017
kevin_video said:
gappasaurus said:

It did have filler aspects to it, which is sad because it's not. I stopped reading the light novels a while ago, but I know they skipped some stuff. I'll just have to hope that the manga fills in the gaps when it finally catches up.

I do hope to read the novels and/or manga for this series someday... just dunno when that may ever happen 😅
“SAITO! YOU NEED TO EXPLODE! FOR THE WORLD’S SAKE!”
Sep 27, 2019 9:28 PM
Jun 2017
love the final episode:
- Ais serving food to Hestia-sama
-the karm and brigid-sama story
- the bell and hestia-sama moment

its just sweet and touching moment... love this one. and im glad it will have season 3... yeah
Sep 27, 2019 10:03 PM

Jan 2012
They hit us with an emotional concept then play a cheery song
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Sep 27, 2019 10:05 PM
Mar 2016
Did nobody realise that they used instrumental acoustic version of Oregairu's OP/ED during Karm's scene?

JC staff is what made this season like shit. LN 6-7 is so good that you wouldn't be able to stop reading it, tho Omori's bad writing in describing the fight scene made me cringe a lot.

Ep 11-12 covered only 1 chapter out of LN volume 8 which has around 350-400 pages if I'm not mistaken, so they skipped side character's character development, which is understandable but well..

The girl from the last scene is a monster, as you saw that it can talk so that will be the premise for the 3rd season, definitely better if you like the essence of dungeon adventuring. But again it's JC so I'm not going to expect too much.
Sep 27, 2019 10:14 PM

Mar 2018
So a village party, old man dies and Hestia plays her best friend so Karm can pass away happy
Got a teaser for season 3 at the end there too. New girl to the harem i guess

What I found interesting was Ais' resentment towards the black dragon. She looked really furios there. Scary

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Sep 27, 2019 10:16 PM

May 2018
I can say, while Season 1 is more about "Dungeon" word in the title, Season 2 is more about "Familia Myth". I think that's good for me, as a non-novel reader, because I also want to know the story behind some familia around Orario.

So, as expected, last two episode is not as intense as the rest, and more about "Is Love between child and goddess okay?" things. The story from village head is an evidence that this thing is really happen. And that's a brave sacrifice from Brigid to her child, memorable scene from this episode.

So, ready for Season 3 ? Yeah, I'm ready. Although I don't know what part of the title will be told on S3. And, I want to know about that girl who came out fron the rock. Anybody want to share an idea about her ?

Final score: 9/10
Sep 27, 2019 10:59 PM
Oct 2017
Hopefully we actually get to see the dungeon next season since thats what the whole show is about...
Sep 27, 2019 11:15 PM

Feb 2014
Hm, even after these last 2 episodes to develop their relationship I didnt see much development coming from it. For me, it remained the same in the end. Like... Bell's thoughts dindt seem to change or whatever. Maybe these 2 episodes were just about a bit of Bell and Hestia moments together; a semi-filler / filler (even though we had those rushed episodes... -.-" )

I confess that it has been painful watching Bell when it comes to love / romantic relationships. Though it's kind valid why Bell is so hesitant in returning Hestia's real feelings.

I would bet Bell liking Ais due to admiration (not love) and in deep loving Hestia (but he hasn't noticed yet).
Though now I am curious why Freya is so obsessed over him, though it is probably another "loving the MC without any major reason or just because he's kind or something" lol

I think this season can be roughly resumed in: family wars, new family members and a better place to live.

Anyway, despite it being rushed in some moments it was an enjoyable ride in general, and I had a few good laughs.

7/10
TechOtakuSep 27, 2019 11:44 PM
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka II Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2019

116 by Donkunsan »»
Feb 27, 5:35 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka II Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2019

121 by amlg »»
Jan 31, 9:41 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka II Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2019

167 by amlg »»
Jan 31, 9:28 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka II Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2019

125 by amlg »»
Jan 31, 9:04 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka II Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2019

139 by amlg »»
Jan 31, 8:43 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.