Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 19, 2019 12:02 AM

Jul 2016
Another beach episode to conclude the series? Yeah, please and thank you.

And also damn it, I thought those last seconds with Hibiki were going to be some kind of announcement for a possible second season. And though that wasn't the case, I wouldn't say I was disappointed since seeing her reacting so happily after getting off the scale was way too adorable.

Overall, super entertaining final episode. I enjoyed every second of it but I must say the scene with Jason and the producer was easily, the best part. So dramatically portrayed I couldn't stop laughing, especially with the whole "Chanjay" thing xD

As a whole, this series ended up being quite nice. The productions values were surprisingly good, which was really appreciated and I really liked how well the fanservice was balanced with the more SoL aspect of the show.

7 - 7,5/10 - I totally wouldn't mind a second season... actually, it would be quite welcome. Hope Doga Kobo can make it possible.

NICE BULK EVERYONE!
SouthRzVaSep 19, 2019 12:13 AM
Sep 19, 2019 12:11 AM

Jul 2016
Uhh... and by the way, I didn't know that seeing Ayaka with loose hair was something I actually needed. Thanks again, Doga Kobo.

Sep 19, 2019 12:32 AM

Jul 2014
This season had many standout anime like Vinland Saga, Fire Force, Dr.Stone, and Demon Slayer, but honestly it was this show that brought the most laughter and joy.

As a fan of lighthearted anime, Danberu is pretty much the perfect series. It has everything you could possibly ask for from a slice-of-life comedy.

• interesting premise and topic
  • extremely cute and attractive character designs
  • colorful artstyle
  • amazing animation
  • surprisingly fire soundtrack (not just the OP and ED)
  • unique, memorable, and lovable characters
  • nonstop gags and humor that really bring out each characters' personality
  • fanservice that is incorporated in funny and creative ways
  • educates the viewer, but is so fun and entertaining that it doesnt detract from the enjoyment of the show
  • great message that encourages weebs to go out and improve themselves

I know this show isn't the type that most anime fans would consider AOTY or AOTS since its "just" a cute-girls-doing-cute-things slice-of-life without the typical type of plot or character development, but its really rare for a series to be so... in tune with its own strengths and goes all in on it.

It doesnt attempt to tell any serious dramatic plot or develop its characters in any deep or meaningful way because doesnt need to. It just wants to make you laugh and shower you with fanservice while giving you tips and advice to better yourself, and its perfect the way it is.
KazuyaKiyoshiSep 19, 2019 12:36 AM
Sep 19, 2019 1:30 AM

Aug 2013
Gonna miss this series, it was actually pretty damn fun. Very solid 12 weeks overall. 7/10
Don't believe the hype.
Sep 19, 2019 6:40 AM
Aug 2018
Chanjay!!!!! QnQ
Sep 19, 2019 7:57 AM

May 2015
They left out Nice Bulk at the end but added Hibiki being happy about her weight which is a nice closure, really.

I enjoyed this anime overall, very positive and motivating.
Sep 19, 2019 12:53 PM

May 2018

Man all of the sudden Akemi becomes this steroid juicing Miss Physique kind of woman.

ph great the suppose Mr Nikushima becomes a lame bikini contest.

ok so akemi can do a hand stand push up, big deal.

So overall, who was the hottest in a bikini.

Hibiki great 8

Gina Very Good 8

Akemi fair 6

Ayaka Poor 4
Sep 19, 2019 12:55 PM

Sep 2011
Totally didn't expect to enjoy it this much, but then again, it's done by Doga Kobo, so I shouldn't be surprised.

Very entertaining show with a hilarious ending.
Sep 19, 2019 6:47 PM

Sep 2017
Can we talk about how fucking wholesome that last scene with Hibiki was? I can't handle how cute this is. SEASON TWO WHEN?

As someone who usually a fan of ecchi shows, this was an example of ecchi done right. There were obviously ecchi elements to the show, but they never felt distracting from the otherwise comedic and wholesome message the show sought to deliver, and I applaud it for that. Doga Kobo was able to deliver a show with surprisingly competent animation and sound design, handicapped only by the only decent characters and plot possessed by the show. I can't even really blame Dumbbell for its weak story and characters, as they clearly weren't meant to be something on the level of a drama like March Comes in Like a Lion. I never thought I would recommend a show about anime waifus lifting weights, but here we are in 2019. 7/10.

Sep 19, 2019 7:26 PM

Jul 2019
good beach ep and good ending
Sep 20, 2019 1:35 AM

Jan 2010
MythSphinx said:
... THIS WAS SO CUTE!!

Yeah I love a good cat face ^_^ .

The song at the end was beautiful and the show in general was really nice, only the muscle dudes were a bit too silly for my taste.
(|__/) Never give up, aim for the top!
(='.'=) Top wo nerae!
o(")(") Anime music: http://myanimelist.net/blog.php?eid=777199
Sep 20, 2019 3:15 AM

Jan 2016
Would normally give this a high 7/10 but I had a blast watching this because a lot of my friends watched it for some reason which just amplified the experience somehow. It also helps that it was a great learning experience along with some delicious fanservice.

Also, Hibiki is character design is stunning! I mean you take prominent female lead features such as the twin tail, blonde, green eyes, tan (brown) and put them all into one character! That's genius

8/10
Sep 20, 2019 6:20 AM

Mar 2019
I do hope for a season 2 ! Really enjoyed this one <3

Sep 20, 2019 11:01 AM
Jan 2018
I see why Jaxblade loves this series so much lol . Time to watch his trainer reacts vids

The girls are great and macho lol

the contest was fun and the art style change joke was funny as well

trust hikibi to get hungry lol still wondering if the boxing bit will be brought up more , i have to check the manga for that

Loved the characters and thier interactions and banter

Mattinator95Oct 7, 2019 11:10 AM
Sep 20, 2019 2:20 PM

Jul 2019
There it is the beach episode and it had everything I hoped for. The censored scenes came out of nowhere and were really funny. Also thankfully Barnold the beast swam across the Pacific to save his brother Jason.

I am really going to miss this series. Watching it was refreshing and motivated me to do more exercises. Maybe there will be more?
Sep 20, 2019 5:50 PM
Jul 2015
Fuck, that little Hibiki clip at the end was so adorable.
I never would've thought that this was an anime I was going to miss when I started watching it, but I will miss it.
Sep 20, 2019 7:52 PM
Mar 2017
Incredible that the last episode is a beach episode, without a doubt the weeks will not be the same without my girls doing their sensual exercise routines and the good Machio teaching exercise routines using the beautiful girls as the models.

The trip to the beach already promises a lot when Machio says that Ayaka's older sister, Kure, Aina and Satomi sensei will attend, but after seeing the girls in swimsuit it was the most glorious thing that could be seen, my favorite was Ayaka followed by The adorable Hibiki.

The last section of Machio where he explains the Shrug routine was interesting and the cutest thing was that Hibiki was the model to teach how this routine is done and at the end of the explanation Hibiki look damn hot in that image.

Seeing the disappointed faces of Akemi and Hibiki made me laugh a lot when they found out they canceled the Mister Nikunoshima contest, but Akemi regained her spirit when she saw Miss Nikunoshima's awards and she joins to participate and the same with her friends.

Zina is so funny with her confidence that she will win, but I felt very sad for her when the other Russian girl did the same routine she was going to show and Ayaka also made a very daring maneuver when she decides to wear that very sexy bikini and she ended up disqualified, poor thing.
Akemi stole the applause with her risky presentation by doing push-ups standing over her hands

Machio takes out his second exercises section and this time it is about the push-ups and the spectacular Ayaka was the model, the explanation itself was the best, especially with Ayaka doing push-ups, but that final image where Ayaka is with her hair down was the best Farewell gift, she looks so hot and cute.
But Hibiki was incredible, one punch Hibiki came back and her overwhelming strength made her tie in the first place with Akemi and now to decide the winner, they will have a Bench Press competition, but I felt so sad for Hibiki losing because she was hungry.

The end where we see Hibiki, Ayaka, Akemi and Zina enjoy the fireworks was beautiful, but when Akemi and Hibiki have that conversation in the end was very moving, the best friends joined by the muscles they were training.

Last postcredits routine were push-ups and that last scene where we see that Hibiki finally achieved her ideal weight was a gift too cute to finish this anime her happy face was too adorable.

Anyway, one of my favorite anime is gone and I give it 10/10, at first I was skeptical to see it, I thought this anime would have a lot of fanservice and i would end up getting bored, but then I saw that this anime was made by Doga Kobo and my doubts disappeared.
The character design is excellent, the girls have a design that makes them stand out both physically and for their unique and beautiful personalities. I loved the art department in this anime, the detail in the machines and gym tools fascinated me. and as for the VA, I should give Sakura Hibiki VA a big applause, she did a phenomenal job, she really made me fond of our cute glutton Hibiki.
I hope some Ova for this anime, it would be excellent news, I don't have much hope with a second season, but who knows.
salbery755Sep 20, 2019 7:55 PM
Sep 20, 2019 8:05 PM

Jan 2017
There is no more SAIDO CHESTO

I'm gonna miss this show
Sep 20, 2019 10:58 PM
Feb 2017
Came in expecting a somewhat bad ecchi show, walked away with a hilarious, informational, and entertaining show. I’ll be missing my muscle girls and muscle man. That final end scene was cute, glad Hibiki finally got to a weight she liked. 9/10

And as always...

NICE BULK
Sep 21, 2019 1:28 PM
Jul 2018
I grew very fond of all the characters, they were hilarious. Lol at Akemi turning into a jojo character or a very ripped woman. I also was laughing a lot when jason and that other dude were on the boat hugging. I would love for them to get a second season but I guess I will read the manga for now, not sure if it is ongoing or finished.
Sep 21, 2019 11:24 PM

Oct 2008
I'm gonna miss this NAISU BALKU & SAIDO CHESTO!
5/5.
hope for S2!

Sep 22, 2019 4:20 PM
Jan 2016
A beach episode, it was funny how fast Akemi and hibiki decide to join in that trip, all girls where cute, but Akemi's swimsuit was so perfect, she was even more cute and beautiful!

Hibiki and Akemi reaction because guys audiences being cancelled was epic!

The competition was really funny, Akemi did na awesome push-ups, and i am glad to see another punch scene by Hibiki, was funny why other girls got disqualified! obvious it would end with Akemi and Hibiki, but i was funny that Hibiki couldn't do nothing cause she was hungry!

Ayaka's shot with loose hair was so damn good, it suit her well!

That ending was just masterful, i liked everything about that ending, that fireworks scenes between everyono wa sjust epic, and that background sound aswell!

Akemi and Hibiki last scene was just wonderfull, they turned into great friends for sure!

I will miss that funny show, and at same time this awesome
educational tips and how it motivate for workout, also dont forget that awesome and cute girls, will miss they especially! Hope for a second 2!
Sep 24, 2019 4:11 AM

Jul 2015
Ah... I'm sad now. This was an anime I never knew I needed until it appeared. Not only has it assisted in my excising, but Hibiki is freaking adorable and strong and I love her, as well as the other girls, they all great and I'm gonna miss seeing them animated. Was one of the best of the season. Back to the manga for me now.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Sep 24, 2019 4:46 AM

Apr 2013
SouthRzVa said:
Uhh... and by the way, I didn't know that seeing Ayaka with loose hair was something I actually needed. Thanks again, Doga Kobo.

Best shot of her out of the whole show for me.
Sep 24, 2019 8:01 PM

Jun 2016
I really enjoyed this anime! I hope it gets a second season.
Sep 26, 2019 1:49 PM
Dec 2018
Hey can someone please tell me which chapter this episode adapted? Thank you very much!
Sep 26, 2019 5:01 PM

Dec 2008
I loved this show, one of my 2 guilty pleasures this season. I'm gonna miss it.
Life Is Short But Intense.
Sep 29, 2019 7:43 AM

Apr 2018
So they had to end it with a beach episode huh. Sad to see my exercise tutorial ending lmao. Hoping for a second season. Also hoping someone to create a playlist of Machio Lessons on YouTube
Sep 29, 2019 12:07 PM

Jan 2014
- Thanks to heavy fast forwarding i was able to complete this show.
- Comedy/jokes was dry at best but mostly made me cringe.
- Way to much info dumps that was a grind/boring to watch most of the time, because i opted most of the time to fast forward past them some episodes felt like 5min long(a good thing) :D
- Muscle guy should have been killed off in the first ep.
- Besides the main girl, mostly very boring characters.
4/10 should have dropped it earlier.
Oct 2, 2019 1:22 PM

Nov 2014
Such a nice show. It took me way longer than it should coz I saved episodes for workout days in case I needed some motivation lol.
Oct 3, 2019 10:25 PM

Oct 2008
Enjoyed the comedy and fanservice, appreciated the educational side of the workouts and the diet as well, but the whole macho thing was a huge drawback.

A series so serious about working out shouldn't have went with 100% male cast of impossible physique. I couldn't let that slide when body improvement was the main focus of the show. I understand not wanting to bring up a dark subject like steroids, but it is even worse to spend years working out and then learn that you can never get as big as you were aiming for naturally. They really should have toned the body sizes down for all of the scenes that were not clothes ripping comedy related.
Oct 9, 2019 12:47 PM
May 2018
The final scene reminds me Franco Columbu ;_;
Oct 12, 2019 5:56 AM

Mar 2015
Funny edutainment series in the end!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Oct 14, 2019 6:38 PM

Feb 2019
this was such a great finale. Never expected to be emotional for an ecchi educational exercise slice of life
I'm Going to Miss Hibiki and that cute little fang. Heres to a season 2.

It’s okay to look back at the past, just don’t stare too long

Oct 21, 2019 5:09 AM

Dec 2013
I'm going to miss my weekly reminder to work out. Definitely one of the better edutainment anime out there 8/10
Oct 21, 2019 5:40 AM
Jul 2018
I always watched this after a workout. Wish there was more fan art around of Hibiki Sakura though.
Oct 31, 2019 5:08 PM

Apr 2016
I Gave 9/10, I love strength training and the info it's so accurate, the show so enjoyable... wow.
Btw open gate to an arm-wrestling anime?
Nov 1, 2019 2:30 PM

Sep 2010
Not amazing by any stretch, but enjoyable nonetheless. Would watch a S2
Nov 4, 2019 4:41 AM

Oct 2013
It was fun and informative series, the boat scene cracked me up so bad

Overall score 6/10
Nov 14, 2019 3:12 PM

Jul 2014
Another beach episode and this time a complete one to finish the series? FUCK YEAH! Too bad we didn't see Sensei in a swimsuit this time :'(

My favorite swimsuits were Akemi's and Gina's.

Gina YES! I mean, Gina, no!

I love Akemi's thirst xD. But poor girl, no muscles today lol.

Akemi best girl!

Sakura punch!!!!!

All that epic build up just for Akemi to win by default xD.

That ending was so cute <3

I loved the show, I hope to see more of it.
Nov 22, 2019 2:22 AM

Jul 2015
Really thought they would do some arm-sumo in the finals

Loved this season, glad that it didn't just stay with normal workouts but went much further into it by being over the top

Can't wait for a next season of Hajime no Hibiki...erhm.... I mean Muscle the anime, will Chanjay recover after such an ordeal? will the idol project succeed? Will Hibiki ever slim down without rebounding? and most important of all, will they become the most macho macho people of the world?

Dec 15, 2019 4:44 PM

Dec 2015
This anime was lighthearted fun definitely don't regret watching it. 6.5/10
Dec 21, 2019 4:23 AM

Jan 2016
'What if the real treasure was the friends we made along the way' lmfaooo. Overall I think it's an alright show. Definitely some entertaining moments and being into fitness a fair amount myself, I found myself learning new things in a few of the episodes. But I felt it get kind of grating after some time with the same jokes being reused over and over again. I'd probably watch a season two tbh. That last cut with Sakura was so cute too.
Dec 30, 2019 10:26 PM

Jan 2012
Congrats on the weight loss Hibiki! Well that was fun. I read the manga for this as it came out weekly well before the anime was announced so I knew more or less what to expect and it was a pretty good adaptation I'd say. Not sure the ecchi shots quite lived up to the manga though, which was admittedly always the main attraction for me personally. Still, if fitness is your thing I imagine you'd find this very educational, though I can't really speak to just how accurate it is, but I digress. Yeah, fun enough, 7/10.
Jan 3, 2020 10:51 AM

Jul 2008
Love this anime. As someone who is a gym rat, I was amazed at how accurate their description of exercises and nutrition were. Really well done.

I'd give it an 8.5/10, will round up to a 9.

Come on 2nd season
Jan 4, 2020 2:44 AM
Mar 2012
Thx fixed stiff shoulders and did pushups today. I follow post ED exercises they're so motivational & the show's been very educational.
That Irisviel...? What this barbell turned into some dragon gundam fight.
Lol Chanjay...epically ironic English song & fireworks just perfect.
Such a fun edutainment show, ending on Hibiki reaching her weight goal with that perfect voice acting.
Jan 9, 2020 11:57 PM
Jul 2017
I want a second season of How Many Kilos Are The Dumbbells You Lift. A lot of fitness to be done. And to help people lose weight and feel good about themselves being athletic, lean, and toned. From Stick to Thick to Brick. And also I wanna see the girls become fitness trainers and have new folks entering Silverman's Gym. Don't care which physical shape they're in as they wanna put their minds into it. Both Japan and U.S need to get healthy lifestyles because nobody wants to be freakishly obese or having their bones showing out being fragile and skinny.
Feb 10, 2020 12:46 PM

Mar 2014
Ugh that song at the end was awful. Why do they have to sing like they're a disney princess
Also fuck push ups
Feb 14, 2020 2:08 PM

Apr 2019
That cute little ending... Hibiki's my kinda gurl :3
Feb 14, 2020 2:08 PM

Apr 2019
That cute little ending... Hibiki's my kinda gurl :3
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dumbbell Nan Kilo Moteru? Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2019

161 by Cyroro »»
Apr 12, 5:17 PM

Poll: » Dumbbell Nan Kilo Moteru? Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2019

45 by 5hadow17 »»
Apr 8, 8:53 AM

Poll: » Dumbbell Nan Kilo Moteru? Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2019

294 by AltF4Magic »»
Jan 24, 5:24 AM

Poll: » Did you guys do the exercises at the end of the episodes?

JaniSIr - Apr 17, 2023

29 by dezhavhu »»
Jan 1, 1:32 PM

Poll: » Dumbbell Nan Kilo Moteru? Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2019

52 by WELLERM »»
Dec 4, 2023 9:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.