Forum Settings
Forums

Boston's Straight Pride Parade draws hundreds of marchers and even more counter protesters

New
Sep 3, 2019 11:16 PM

Jun 2008
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/2167020001

So yeah, this actually occurred.

And let’s get the facts right....this was orchestrated by Far-Right idiots who wanted to bash gays and Promote Trump.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 4, 2019 12:07 AM

Feb 2017
As a straight man, I'm completely disappointed in this. It's completely disrespectful to people throughout history who were threatened, attacked, or even killed for not being straight.

Just some guy who likes anime

Sep 4, 2019 12:21 AM

Dec 2016
Shit, if I didn't have a job I would have went myself.
I would have worn my mighty penis hat.

Except, you know, I am like a MacGyver Fascist. I would have rigged that hat to spray pepper spray into the crowd after I stroked it enthusiastically. Very symbolic.
SoverignSep 4, 2019 12:40 AM
Sep 4, 2019 12:45 AM

Sep 2018
I don't see anything wrong with it unless you hate straights.

The protestors were stupid, they should have just ignored it but now they have shown the world their massive hypocrisy.
Sep 4, 2019 1:12 AM

Jul 2007
Imagine being proud of something that requires no effort on your part.
Sep 4, 2019 1:31 AM

Jan 2009
Scud said:

lol relevant comment
Ocasio-Cortez on Straight Pride: “Seems More Like a ‘I-Struggle-With-Masculinity’ Parade to Me”
https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2019/09/ocasio-cortez-straight-pride-parade-struggle-with-masculinity.html
Sep 4, 2019 1:43 AM

Nov 2012
Scud said:

So it takes effort to be gay? I thought they say there were born that way.... and please gay people are the most vain and prideful people on the planet. HYPOCRISY!
Sep 4, 2019 1:47 AM

Jul 2019
Once pride was the sin and humility the virtue. Were people always this self-obsessed?
Sep 4, 2019 1:49 AM

Nov 2009
QPR said:
I don't see anything wrong with it unless you hate straights.

The protestors were stupid, they should have just ignored it but now they have shown the world their massive hypocrisy.

There is no hypocrisy, do you understand why gay prideses event exist? They are literally built on the blood of LGBT people.

Anime-is-King said:
Scud said:

So it takes effort to be gay?

Given it's illegal in many parts of the world, in some others you don't have rights, and many religions straight up tell people gay people go to hell, and until like and gay people still have to fight for respect to this very days in many parts of the world, I would say yes?
Sep 4, 2019 2:11 AM

Nov 2009
Lux_Lucis said:
Seygneur said:
Once pride was the sin and humility the virtue. Were people always this self-obsessed?

Are virtues even relevant in this day and age?
Lux_Lucis said:
Seygneur said:

Are virtues even relevant in this day and age?

Gay pride doesn't even have anything to do with actual pride...
Sep 4, 2019 2:16 AM

Sep 2018
Bernrika said:

Given it's illegal in many parts of the world, in some others you don't have rights, and many religions straight up tell people gay people go to hell, and until like and gay people still have to fight for respect to this very days in many parts of the world, I would say yes?

Yet all these gay pride event take place in the west. I don't see why anyone would be proud of being gay, straight, white, black, left or right handed or ginger. Especially as none of them are a choice.

It strikes me as really pathetic, especially the respect part when there are protests at a straight pride event but none at a gay pride event.

We get it, you're gay, no one cares. I will treat them like I would a match for anything like I listed above.
Sep 4, 2019 2:30 AM

Nov 2009
QPR said:

Yet all these gay pride event take place in the west.

Are you implying the LGBT people in the west don't suffer discrimination? Gay marriage wasn't legalized in the USA until some years ago, in many European states it still is illegal, gay conversation therapy is still legal in many countries and religions is still very much a thing. Conservative parents who kick their child for being gay still exist, they didn't stop existing because... reasons?

Beside, how can gay people in Rome or Berlin or New York march for gay people in Saudi Arabia? Go there and hope they don't get killed?

I don't see why anyone would be proud of being gay, straight, white, black, left or right handed or ginger. Especially as none of them are a choice.

Actual pride has nothing to do with pride. It exists because gay people can't go one week without having to deal with homophobia, they fought (and still are fighting) for their rights, often have to escape crappy backgrounds if they come from conservative households that won't accept them and generally life is harder if you are the 5% compared to the 95%.

They also exist as a celebration of how far LGBT rights have come, google Stonewall.

It strikes me as really pathetic, especially the respect part when there are protests at a straight pride event but none at a gay pride event.

Because you don't understand what gay pride is about, it's a bunch of minorities coming together to celebrate their right to exist. Straight people were never oppressed (for their sexuality, inb4 someone moves the goalpost) and didn't have to fight with their blood for their right.

Also if you actually took a look at the rally, it was a bunch of Trump supporters marching for their president, implying gay people are abnormal (In the negative connotation of it) and pretending their are oppressed.

We get it, you're gay, no one cares

I'm not gay, but given what I know from my work and my friends I'm pretty sure a lot of people care, often in negative ways.
BernrikaSep 4, 2019 2:34 AM
Sep 4, 2019 2:58 AM
Sep 2019
I like how people don't know that the purpose of this is to mock IdPol.

It's similar to Trump sending in POC into cities and strong Nordic ANTIFA descended from KKK members beat them up because they are "White Supremacists" or how people like David Duke made NAAWP to mock how NAACP treated Blacks with all kinds of special rights and wasn't considered racist.

People are so brainwashed.
yarowowo1Sep 4, 2019 3:20 AM
Sep 4, 2019 2:58 AM
Jul 2019
@QPR

You realise that you sound like a terrible person, right? Heh i mean i shouldn't have to be asking you this, you are a literate person no. You know what these words mean very well.

The whole mindset of " I don't have it bad , that means it's not important" or " It doesn't concern me" . Is objectively bad and unethical. You can try or not try at all, either way it won't matter in the end. People will know the moment they see it.
Sep 4, 2019 2:59 AM

Dec 2012
Imagine getting outraged by a Milo meme in 2019.
Sep 4, 2019 3:08 AM

Feb 2015
Bernrika said:
QPR said:
Yet all these gay pride event take place in the west.
Are you implying the LGBT people in the west don't suffer discrimination? Gay marriage wasn't legalized in the USA until some years ago, in many European states it still is illegal, gay conversation therapy is still legal in many countries and religions is still very much a thing. Conservative parents who kick their child for being gay still exist, they didn't stop existing because... reasons?

People were once killed for owning books as well. Should we have a book reader parade because of that reason? What about the people who were tortured for not believing in a god? Do we need an atheist parade for them? Or, maybe people could just move on with their lives and be happy they can do or believe in what they want now and not make a big fuss about it. I know, it's a crazy thought.
People will do bad things to each other, regardless of whether there's a parade somewhere in the world or not.
Sep 4, 2019 3:08 AM

Feb 2019
Heh they are allowed their 'pride' parade and I'm allowed to think it's one of the most stupid things I've seen all year. Milo is really desperate for that spotlight again, isn't he? He's a living meme at this point. Goddamn.
Sep 4, 2019 3:14 AM
Jul 2019
@QPR

If you don't care about it, stay out of it. (Yes, it's the definition of not caring.)

If you didn't give it much thought or have spent very little time studying the issue, correct that in order to have a say in the matter.

If you know about and still treat it with disrespect for whatever reason. Stop, better yourself.

Opinions are well and good, but we have to recognize and separate the bad from the good to see any positive change. And proritize factual knowledge we already have at our disposal.
Sep 4, 2019 3:16 AM
Jul 2018
Milennin said:
Bernrika said:

People were once killed for owning books as well. Should we have a book reader parade because of that reason? What about the people who were tortured for not believing in a god? Do we need an atheist parade for them? Or, maybe people could just move on with their lives and be happy they can do or believe in what they want now and not make a big fuss about it. I know, it's a crazy thought.
People will do bad things to each other, regardless of whether there's a parade somewhere in the world or not.
Idk about you, I've not seen people being beaten walking down the street because they look like a book reader or like an atheist in the past few years... Or rants about how they are the reason of the moral decline of society... Or that they are disgusting... Or that they should just not look like they read books or are atheists...
Sep 4, 2019 3:20 AM
May 2019
If they want to have their parade let them have it. As long as they are not hurting anyone I couldn't care less about it.😒😒😒😒
Sep 4, 2019 3:22 AM
Jul 2019
The LGBT isn't going anywhere. The community that is. We don't know where the actual organization is headed. I am not very pleased with their ways.

The straight parade has zero justification behind it. Straight/Cis dominates the media and entertainment on the whole. Human history, series of literature and most knowledge ever created and documented is. There's no denying that the oppression is real, they just are not given much to work with. How could they?

People will put into preference that which is the most convenient for them. Not what's the most accurate and right. We're seeing this in other areas too. History just has a habit of repeating itself.
Sep 4, 2019 3:31 AM

Jul 2015
Anime-is-King said:
Scud said:

So it takes effort to be gay? I thought they say there were born that way.... and please gay people are the most vain and prideful people on the planet. HYPOCRISY!
it doesn't take effort to BE gay, it takes effort to live as a gay person in a society where some people still don't view you as being fully equal.
The same isn't true for straight people. No hypocrisy there.

QPR said:
Bernrika said:

Yet all these gay pride event take place in the west. I don't see why anyone would be proud of being gay, straight, white, black, left or right handed or ginger. Especially as none of them are a choice.

We get it, you're gay, no one cares. I will treat them like I would a match for anything like I listed above.
Straight pride is a movement that exists in opposition to the constant shaming and discrimination that gay people face. It's a movement for civil rights and equal treatment.
The message is as follows: "we won't allow others to shame us for who we are, we are proud (as opposed to ashamed) for being gay."
That's the narrative.

What straight pride does is to misrepresent the movement on purpose to push a homophobic agenda instead. Straight prides message is this: "gay people are conceited for wanting to be the only ones that can be proud of their sexuality! Look they are even protesting against us! Straight people can be proud too!"

Except as we just established, gay pride isn't about that at all. Gay pride is about opposition to being shamed. Now stop and think for a second. Who benefits from having the narrative changed from "gay people rally for equal treatment and civil rights" to "gay people are conceited and we should be proud for being straight"?

THINK.
What is the narrative that you are pushing right now? You are being manipulated.
"my life at this state could be transposed into a pretty massive biography"

- Cneq, "the guy who was literally using BTC in 2012 to make deals in the first main instance of a digital itemized economy forming naturally in all human history (also the precursor of NFTs) and who had 20k+ total trades.", 23 years old

MAL's most prolific antivaxxer, Noboru.
Sep 4, 2019 3:45 AM

Sep 2018
Railey2 said:

THINK.
What is the narrative that you are pushing right now? You are being manipulated.

No I am not, I have mentioned several times how retarded the US right wing is.

Pride events just piss people off and have the exact opposite effect, eventually it will become like the blacks and whites in the US or the left and right wingers where the country will be irreversibly split.

I don't care if anyone is gay, but I will if all the do is bang on about it then it will just piss me off, you know how a vegan has to tell everyone they are a vegan and everyone just groans.
Sep 4, 2019 3:53 AM
Jul 2019
QPR said:
Railey2 said:

THINK.

Pride events just piss people off and have the exact opposite effect, eventually it will become like the blacks and whites in the US or the left and right wingers where the country will be irreversibly split.

I don't care if anyone is gay, but I will if all the do is bang on about it then it will just piss me off, you know how a vegan has to tell everyone they are a vegan and everyone just groans.

The pride parade was a mistake. The way it's worded is easily abused. LGBT should've aimed to humanize it's members. Not promote "pride". That way further alienation could've been reduced. It's part of the issues i have with the movement mentioned in one of my other comments.

Sep 4, 2019 3:55 AM

Apr 2017
Imagine feeling oppressed because you are straight. Manbabies at their finest.
Sep 4, 2019 3:58 AM

Sep 2018
Zoldra0 said:

People have won court cases for being straight, one recently where a man was not accepted to the police for because he was a straight male. He won his discrimination case and was illegally oppressed.
Sep 4, 2019 4:01 AM

Jul 2007
QPR said:
Zoldra0 said:

People have won court cases for being straight, one recently where a man was not accepted to the police for because he was a straight male. He won his discrimination case and was illegally oppressed.
I'm amazed this wasn't discussed in depth on MAL with a reliable source.
Sep 4, 2019 4:03 AM

Sep 2018
Scud said:
QPR said:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/police-white-heterosexual-male-discrimination-job-cheshire-matthew-furlong-a8793331.html

https://www.itv.com/news/2019-02-22/police-force-discriminated-against-white-heterosexual-male-tribunal-rules/

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-47335859

It happened but we aren't like Trumpers where we would bang on about it for months.
Sep 4, 2019 4:04 AM
Jul 2019
Scud said:

And i am amazed that human inequality is still ongoing in this day and age.
Sep 4, 2019 4:06 AM
Jul 2019
@QPR

Heterophobia exists. I've met individuals that expressed it. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/heterophobia
Sep 4, 2019 4:07 AM

Apr 2017
QPR said:

Being straight is still the norm. People are being murdered for being LGBT. "Straight parades" is manbabying 101.
Sep 4, 2019 4:09 AM
Jul 2019
Zoldra0 said:

Being straight is still the norm. People are being murdered for being LGBT. "Straight parades" is manbabying 101.

I don't think you understand. They're not manbabying. They're probably trying to make a mockery out of LGBT's parades and counter them. It was bound to happen eventually.
Sep 4, 2019 4:12 AM

Sep 2018
GatesOfOblivion said:

I don't think you understand. They're not manbabying. They're probably trying to make a mockery out of LGBT's parades and counter them. It was bound to happen eventually.

They wanted the march banned so they could say they are worse off than gays, the Trumpers tried it when the big baby Trump balloon was flown. They said they were going to fly a Khan balloon thinking it would be banned but it wasn't.

Everyone should be treated equally so all were correctly allowed.
Sep 4, 2019 4:17 AM

Jun 2008
The American Far-Right: Insecure, mostly White males, who unironically believe that being White, Straight, Christian, and non-Trans are being oppressed in the United States by the Evil Leftists...meanwhile the current President, Senate, and Supreme Court are all on their side on the political spectrum.

Oh and the majority of shootings and domestic terrorism are perpetrated by people who share their beliefs.
Sep 4, 2019 4:19 AM
Jul 2019
QPR said:

They wanted the march banned so they could say they are worse off than gays, the Trumpers tried it when the big baby Trump balloon was flown. They said they were going to fly a Khan balloon thinking it would be banned but it wasn't.

Everyone should be treated equally so all were correctly allowed.

Except they are. Last i checked, straight people are not under any oppression. They are the default sexuality type on earth. So unless i been under a rock and heterophobia did somehow escalate enough to warrant this, i see no good reason for this parade's existence.
Sep 4, 2019 4:23 AM
Jul 2019
--ALEX-- said:
The American Far-Right: Insecure, mostly White males, who unironically believe that being White, Straight, Christian, and non-Trans are being oppressed in the United States by the Evil Leftists...meanwhile the current President, Senate, and Supreme Court are all on their side on the political spectrum.

Oh and the majority of shootings and domestic terrorism are perpetrated by people who share their beliefs.

That's so mindblowingly stupid, it might just be the truth.
Sep 4, 2019 4:26 AM

Sep 2018
GatesOfOblivion said:

Except they are. Last i checked, straight people are not under any oppression. They are the default sexuality type on earth. So unless i been under a rock and heterophobia did somehow escalate enough to warrant this, i see no good reason for this parade's existence.

I see no point in any of them, but there you are admitting gays should be treated better than everyone else.

That is exactly what I am against and it's no different to not allowing gays to do something. It's bigoted and will set back gays more than you can imagine.

Sep 4, 2019 4:30 AM
Jul 2019
QPR said:

I see no point in any of them, but there you are admitting gays should be treated better than everyone else.

No no. This is not how we're going to go about this.

I won't tolerate placing words into my mouth that i have not said. Everyone is equal. We're all but human. The key difference is that straight people are NOT in need of a movement's help.

If you are saying they should have a parade for a parade's sake. That is still going to undermine the validity of the LGBT's pride parade. There needs to be a good reason for the things we do.

Sep 4, 2019 4:31 AM

Jan 2017
Zoldra0 said:
QPR said:

You do realize this entire discussion is about the west? There are literally 0 gays being killed in the west just for being gay. I know you probably want to sound bombastic that "oooh LGBT people are getting killed left and right! the humanity!" but this is entirely false in western countries and makes anything you say questionable. You probably know well enough most of the killings happen in middle eastern, african and asian countries but you leave that out to suit your argument. Yikes.
Sep 4, 2019 4:34 AM

Dec 2012
--ALEX-- said:

Oy vey, Alex. No thread is ever complete without your inane ramblings about how Milo is literally Richard Spencer is literally Donald Trump is literally Hitler is literally Satan is literally Cthulhu is literally Dinesh D'Souza.
Sep 4, 2019 4:36 AM

Jan 2017
GatesOfOblivion said:
QPR said:

I won't tolerate placing words into my mouth that i have not said. Everyone is equal. We're all but human. The key difference is that straight people are NOT in need of a movement's help.

If you are saying they should have a parade for a parade's sake. That is still going to undermine the validity of the LGBT's pride parade. There needs to be a good reason for the things we do.

GatesOfOblivion said:
QPR said:

GatesOfOblivion said:
QPR said:

Says everyone is equal then immediately throws one of these out there:
"That is still going to undermine the validity of the LGBT's pride parade."
So straight people can't have a parade but LGBT people can because they deserve it more? Yikes.
Sep 4, 2019 4:36 AM
Jul 2019
@QPR

If ever a genuine need arises. And straight people need defending. Of course i would be supportive. It places a bad example. All of this back and forth does.
Sep 4, 2019 4:41 AM
Jul 2019
@Cneq

I am not saying a straight parade is universally bad. Read my follow up directed at QPR.

Sep 4, 2019 4:49 AM

Nov 2013
From what I've seen of gay pride parades, they can be pretty cringey. I'm doubtful about the overall positive effects they provide for themselves.
Straight pride parades are the equivalent of child yelling because they want attention. You can't even justify it with a false sense of oppression. It's just self-indulgent attention whoring.

I can see you

Sep 4, 2019 5:01 AM
Jul 2019
IMPORTANT: This is my last message on this topic.

I am going to write this because otherwise i run the risk of getting more excuses/false accusations thrown at me about how i am such a bad person. And that would act as distractions to get this topic off-course.

If there ever comes a time where we need a straight pride parade. With good reason and intent behind it. I will be OK with it!

And honestly, like i said before. I am not sure that the idea of having such parades was good to start with. From my perspective it looks like it caused more trouble than it was worth.
GatesOfOblivionSep 4, 2019 6:08 AM
Sep 4, 2019 5:08 AM

Apr 2017
Cneq said:
You do realize this entire discussion is about the west? There are literally 0 gays being killed in the west just for being gay. I know you probably want to sound bombastic that "oooh LGBT people are getting killed left and right! the humanity!" but this is entirely false in western countries and makes anything you say questionable. You probably know well enough most of the killings happen in middle eastern, african and asian countries but you leave that out to suit your argument. Yikes.

You really need to check facts before you claim there are 0 hate crimes against LGBT people in the west. Your whataboutism reeks of ignorance and desperation. Yikes.
Sep 4, 2019 5:36 AM

May 2018
Yikes so many bigoted heterophobic people in this thread. I am disappointed in you, MAL.
Sep 4, 2019 5:47 AM

Jan 2017
Zoldra0 said:
Cneq said:

You really need to check facts before you claim there are 0 hate crimes against LGBT people in the west. Your whataboutism reeks of ignorance and desperation. Yikes.
I said killing, not a single thing about generalized hate crimes. For someone who claims I'm ignorant and desperate you sure know how to look desperate yourself by argueing against a point no one even spoke about.
Sep 4, 2019 5:54 AM

Jul 2015
QPR said:
Railey2 said:

THINK.

"I am not pushing homophobic narratives but [gay pride is just gays attention-whoring like everyone knows you're gay jeez can you please stop]"

Even better: ["Gays rallying for civil rights and equal treatment will just split the country in two irreversible (they should just stop!)"]

Do you really not see it? The things you're saying is exactly what homophobes want the public to believe about gay people.

1) they are loud and obnoxious
2) them wanting equal treatment hurts the country
3) them wanting rights infringes on your rights

THAT is the narrative that straight pride is pushing, and you're 100% playing into it. I believe you that it's unintentional, but you really gotta pay more attention to what you're saying man. Don't be a useful idiot.
"my life at this state could be transposed into a pretty massive biography"

- Cneq, "the guy who was literally using BTC in 2012 to make deals in the first main instance of a digital itemized economy forming naturally in all human history (also the precursor of NFTs) and who had 20k+ total trades.", 23 years old

MAL's most prolific antivaxxer, Noboru.
Sep 4, 2019 5:58 AM

Apr 2017
Cneq said:
I said killing, not a single thing about generalized hate crimes. For someone who claims I'm ignorant and desperate you sure know how to look desperate yourself by argueing against a point no one even spoke about.

You really should check facts regardless, since these hatecrimes also include killings.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.