Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 21, 2019 1:29 AM
Aug 2019
I want to cleanse my eyes with wholesome magical girl anime after watching mai Chan’s daily life live action movie, I heard precure was a good magical girl series..SO In what order should I watch precure?
DanLikesAnimuAug 21, 2019 11:43 AM
Aug 21, 2019 1:36 AM

May 2014
Whatever order you want to. Just jump into one of the Precure anime you think looks good. There isn't a required viewing order as each series stands up on it's own. Although there might be a few cameos from previous precure characters now and again and if you're interested in watching all the movies as well, then it's basically a requirement to have seen Precure from the beginning to know all the characters.

The only one i finished was Heartcatch Precure, so i recommend that one in particular.
Aug 21, 2019 1:45 AM
Aug 2019
fancyjasper said:
Whatever order you want to. Just jump into one of the Precure anime you think looks good. There isn't a required viewing order as each series stands up on it's own. Although there might be a few cameos from previous precure characters now and again and if you're interested in watching all the movies as well, then it's basically a requirement to have seen Precure from the beginning to know all the characters.

The only one i finished was Heartcatch Precure, so i recommend that one in particular.
Thanks.
I’m off to watch the one you recommended and Star☆Twinkle Precure.
Aug 21, 2019 3:24 AM

May 2009
Of the earlier seasons, Futari wa, Fresh, and Heartcatch are probably the best-regarded. I don't know much about the reception of the newer seasons.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Aug 21, 2019 4:08 AM
Haruna Sairenji

Jan 2017
I posted this last year so the latter serie and movie have been released, except for the Star☆Twinkle Precure movie.

KushHaze said:
The order doesn't matter overal, but if you want the normal release order (I think every entree is in here now, but there is a chance some are missing):
1. Futari wa Precure
2. Futari wa PreCure: Max Heart
Futari wa Precure: Max Heart Movie 1 (After episode 10)
Futari wa Precure: Max Heart Movie 2 - Yukizora no Tomodachi (After episode 40)
3. Futari wa Precure: Splash Star
Futari wa Precure: Splash Star Movie - Tick Tack Kiki Ippatsu! (After episode 42)
4. Yes! Precure 5
Yes! Precure 5 Movie: Kagami no Kuni no Miracle Daibouken! (After episode 38)
5. Yes! Precure 5 GoGo!
Yes! Precure 5 GoGo! Movie: Okashi no Kuni no Happy Birthday (After episode 37)
6. Fresh Precure!
Precure All Stars Movie DX: Minna Tomodachi Kiseki no Zenin Daishuugou! (After episode 6)
Fresh Precure! Movie: Omocha no Kuni wa Himitsu ga Ippai!? (After episode 38)
7. Heartcatch Precure!
Precure All Stars Movie DX2: Kibou no Hikari Rainbow Jewel wo Mamore! (After episode 6)
Heartcatch Precure! Movie: Hana no Miyako de Fashion Show... Desu ka!? (After episode 37)
8. Suite Precure
Precure All Stars Movie DX3: Mirai ni Todoke! Sekai wo Tsunagu Nijiiro no Hana (After episode5)
Suite Precuren Movie: Torimodose! Kokoro ga Tsunaku Kiseki no Melodyn (After episode 36)
9. Smile Precure!
Precure All Stars Movie New Stage: Mirai no Tomodachi (After episode 6)
Smile Precure! Movie: Ehon no Naka wa Minna Chiguhagu! (After episode 36)
10. Dokidoki! Precure
Precure All Stars Movie New Stage 2: Kokoro no Tomodachi (After episode 6)
Dokidoki! Precure Movie: Mana Kekkon!!? Mirai ni Tsunagu Kibou no Dress (After episode 37)
11. Happiness Charge Precure!
Precure All Stars Movie New Stage 3: Eien no Tomodachi (After episode 6)
Happiness Charge PreCure! Movie: Ningyou no Kuni no Ballerina (After episode 35)
12. Go! Princess Precure
Precure All Stars Movie: Haru no Carnivaln (After episode 6)
Go! Princess Precure Movie: Go! Go!! Gouka 3-bondate!!! (After episode 38)
13. Mahoutsukai Precure!
Precure All Stars Movie: Minna de Utaun - Kiseki no Mahou (After episode 6)
Mahoutsukai Precure! Movie: Kiseki no Henshin! Cure Mofurun! (After episode 38)
14. Kirakira Precure A La Mode
Precure Dream Stars! Movie (After episode 6)
Kirakira Precure A La Mode Movie: Paritto! Omoide no Mille-Feuille! 2 (After episode 37)
15. Hug tto! Precure
Precure Super Stars! Movie (?)
Hug tto! Precure♡Futari wa Precure Movie: All Stars Memories (?)
16. Star Twinkle Precure (not released yet)
Precure Miracle Universe (not released yet)
Star☆Twinkle Precure: Hoshi no Uta ni Omoi wo Komete (not released yet)
Aug 21, 2019 4:41 AM

May 2018
Why people are always ignoring the rule of the thumb - watch in release order.

It's doesn't work only in very few cases like Suzumiya Haruhi or the last two Votoms OVAs.
Aug 21, 2019 9:05 AM
Aug 2019
alshu said:

It's doesn't work only in very few cases like Suzumiya Haruhi or the last two Votoms OVAs.
Yeah.. and there could be chronological order for this anime, so that’s why I asked bitch.
Aug 21, 2019 9:17 AM

Jun 2014
I'd start from the beginning, with "Futari wa Precure." It's still one of my favorite Anime, because Cure Black kicks ass.

Aug 21, 2019 9:19 AM
Sep 2018
You can really start anywhere you want in Precure as every series aside from Futari wa Max Heart and Yes GoGo are stand alone entries.
Aug 21, 2019 9:27 AM

Apr 2018
alshu said:

I'm curious, why doesn't the release order method work with Haruhi? I thought the series was meant to be watched in a non-chronological order?
Aug 21, 2019 10:19 AM
Jul 2018
Which precure series don't have references to other series? Eg I was annoyed when in Hugtto characters from other series jumped in. Had only watched Heart catch which did not have any crossovers. Or was Hugtto an exception due to the 15th anniversary?
I don't mean the movies, only the TV srries

@Dreamingbeats
I see. Thanks
removed-userAug 21, 2019 12:52 PM
Aug 21, 2019 11:23 AM

May 2018
DanLikesAnimu said:
Yeah.. and there could be chronological order for this anime, so that’s why I asked bitch.

Not enough will power to check this info on wiki I guess...
Or to be polite.

Stygian_Prisoner said:

I'm curious, why doesn't the release order method work with Haruhi? I thought the series was meant to be watched in a non-chronological order?

Because the TV station messed up the intended non-chronological order for the first season and rendered the series a bit more chaotic, a bit hard to understand (but not much) and spoiled some surprises...
Thus there are 3 orders - the TV releasee order, the intended TV order and the chronological order. I like better the chronological order.
Aug 21, 2019 11:35 AM
Aug 2019
alshu said:
DanLikesAnimu said:

Not enough will power to check this info on wiki I guess...
Or to be polite.

Stygian_Prisoner said:

Because the TV station messed up the intended non-chronological order for the first season and rendered the series a bit more chaotic, a bit hard to understand (but not much) and spoiled some surprises...
Thus there are 3 orders - the TV releasee order, the intended TV order and the chronological order. I like better the chronological order.

Do you really expect people to be polite on the internet?... wow
Aug 21, 2019 11:39 AM

Apr 2013
You can watch them in any order you want aside from the Yes! Precure 5 and Futari Wa series since they have sequels the other ones don't and are placed in their own universe so you're good if you pick any of the ones that appeal to you. Well Huggto does have a crossover ep but this is due to it being the 15th anniversary installment of the franchise hrm there's also the allstar movies which have characters from different series into one so ye you'll need to watch the other ones to at least get a feel for it.
Aidoru-OjisanAug 21, 2019 11:44 AM

Ascended Taste
I only came back to this site for the forum sets and to promote my RYM list... Anilist ftw still :dab:
Aug 21, 2019 12:29 PM

May 2018
DanLikesAnimu said:

Do you really expect people to be polite on the internet?... wow

But you did expect people to answer you properly when you asked a simple question on the internet...wow indeed.
Aug 21, 2019 12:42 PM

Nov 2011
petran79 said:
Which precure series don't have references to other series? Eg I was annoyed when in Hugtto characters from other series jumped in. Had only watched Heart catch which did not have any crossovers. Or was Hugtto an exception due to the 15th anniversary?
I don't mean the movies, only the TV srries

hugtto was an exception, but it may or may not happen in the currently airing star twinkle.
before the opening in the first few episodes of happiness charge, the previous cures appear and say a congratulatory message for the precure 5th annoversary, but otherwise dont appear in the actual series.

starting with mahou tsukai precure, the last episode show a glimpse of the upcoming precure series.
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Aug 21, 2019 2:10 PM
Dec 2018
If you want a recommendation, check Heartcatch Precure.
Aug 22, 2019 3:32 AM

Dec 2018
Pick witch ever you want .They dont have a chronological order for what i know . I can recommend my favourite Mahoutsukai Precure! I wrote a review about that one spoiler free . That anime is one of my favourite of all time

https://myanimelist.net/reviews.php?id=315169

Aug 22, 2019 7:51 AM

Nov 2011
regardless of which series you start with, i recommend eventually watching yes!, splash!, fresh!, heartcatch! and suite! in addition to futari, they are the girls featured in the first 3 collab movies (Precure All Stars DX). Smile, Dokidoki and Happiness Charge! appear in the movies Precure All Stars New Stage, which are also fun to watch.
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Aug 22, 2019 9:38 PM

Nov 2011
alshu said:

Futari wa Precure and Max Heart are the most bland seasons I’ve seen, so I actually would not recommend starting there.

It’s not that they’re bad. They’re decent, but unless you’re already into mahou shoujo pretty heavily and know you have the patience, you’re better off starting elsewhere. Even if you’re looking for a more traditional mahou shoujo experience, I’d recommend starting with Fresh instead of Futari wa.

It’s like telling people they have to watch the original Mobile Suit Gundam before they can watch anything else in the franchise; it’s neither necessary nor necessarily advisable. It depends on the individual as to whether it’s a good idea.

Edit: Also, this is completely unrelated, but I just realized your username has an L instead of an I in it. I’ve been incorrectly reading it with an I sound for ages. .-.
TripleSRankAug 22, 2019 9:44 PM
Aug 22, 2019 11:34 PM

May 2018
TripleSRank said:

Futari wa Precure and Max Heart are the most bland seasons I’ve seen, so I actually would not recommend starting there.

Well but the OP didn't ask for recommendations which PerCure titles are worthy and which are not.
He simply asked how are they connected and is there any specific order to watch them all.

And it's like the 1000-th post "In which order should I watch X?". I am curious why people don't assume by default that the release order is their safest bet?

TripleSRank said:
It’s like telling people they have to watch the original Mobile Suit Gundam before they can watch anything else in the franchise

Actually this is a valid idea because everything after upgrades on it or references it...It's even mandatory to watch it first (preferably the movies version) or The Origin (self-explanatory title) if said person is interested mainly in Universal Century.
But if someone tells you "This franchise is huge, could you recommend me something from it that is self contained and could demonstrates its powers?" yes you can do some more specific recommendations.

Also Gundam is way more diverse franchise than PreCure (which is mainly mahou shoujo + sol):
- real robot military action shounen, but some UC titles switch to seinen (IGLOO and Thunderbolt)
- super robot battle shounen (Fighter G Gundam),
- shoujo-ish stuff (SEED)
- sports (Build Fighters and Divers)
- kodomo (SD Gundam)
- ect
Navigating in it's a bit confusing and external help would appreciated. PreCure is more straightforward and easy to start.

TripleSRank said:
Also, this is completely unrelated, but I just realized your username has an L instead of an I in it. I’ve been incorrectly reading it with an I sound for ages. .-.

Yes, some people make this mistake but I don't think that pronouncing it correctly is that important.

More topics from this board

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 3 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

130 by -YaoiBoy- »»
14 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

216 by Coaghim »»
22 minutes ago

» Is it weird to be attracted to anime characters under the age of 18?

bluefin2004 - Today

33 by FanofAction »»
25 minutes ago

Poll: » Which is your favourite Anime in this list?

PushedCaraway - 2 hours ago

7 by BitChilly »»
33 minutes ago

» Who are your enemies in the anime industry/fanbase?

Catalano - 7 hours ago

24 by Coaghim »»
34 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.