Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 27, 2019 8:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
We got Lord El-Melloi II arriving at the mansion with his apprentice. Not only that but one of the guests managed to get trapped on arrival. This episode also seems to make Lord El-Melloi II remember his own promise about trying to get back to the Holy Grail War.

Really interesting to see Kairi show up in this show. I wasn't expecting that but he's still a badass as I remember.
Stark700Jul 27, 2019 9:40 AM
Jul 27, 2019 9:59 AM

Apr 2016
Hello Hishiri, last time i saw you you were kinda .. dead, you know problems are in order when department of law is involved. And i actually thought the blonde dude is from the first book but he aint, just some other rando :/

Also i like how the tanned girl is just casually wearing only bra lol.
Jul 27, 2019 10:12 AM

Aug 2013
So we have Waver Velvet and Gray going off to a mansion with him doing some detective work. Overall, not a bad episode. Waver Velvet still wants to participate in the Holy Grail War.

Nice to see Kairi Shishigou making an appearance in this episode.

Jul 27, 2019 10:54 AM

Dec 2015
Hey! It's Shishigou!

Poor Waver, he just wanted to see Iskandar once more :(

I really love Reines teasing Waver in the bedroom lol
Jul 27, 2019 11:38 AM

Jul 2013
Seeing my man Shishigou here was a surprise, but a welcomed one nonetheless.
Jul 27, 2019 12:03 PM

Aug 2009
Waver doesnt know how lucky he is that he didnt get Command Seals for the 5th War.Rider would be able to win only against the Assassins(and if somehow FSN Rider was also summoned he would lose against her too).

Jul 27, 2019 12:24 PM

Dec 2013
Illyricus said:

Fate/Apo is stronk here!
PS: noice avatar.
Jul 27, 2019 12:27 PM
Jul 2019
Well then , the Guy in shade is back, so where was his Saber???
Jul 27, 2019 2:16 PM

Feb 2017
Didn't expect to see Shishigou, really glad we did.

Really love Reines teasing Waver. Hope we get more of that in the future.

Horn_dawg_2019 said:
Well then , the Guy in shade is back, so where was his Saber???

This and Fate/Apocrypha take place in different timelines
Jul 27, 2019 3:15 PM

Jul 2013
Kamiyan3991 said:
Illyricus said:

Fate/Apo is stronk here!
PS: noice avatar.
So far we have Caules (+ Fiore, who didn't appear but was mentioned), Sishigou and Gordes's son/relative (he appeared last episode arresting the bad guy). Wonder how many other Apo characters they will add by the end of this.
I'm glad you like my avatar too ;)
Jul 27, 2019 4:37 PM

Apr 2015
So good to see Kairi Shishigou show up.

Reines sure loves to teaste Waver a lot, I like their interactions with each other.
Jul 27, 2019 5:45 PM

Jul 2016
Great episode its 2part case this time. Waver accept the case of the death of grand necromancer. Gray and Reines dynamic this episode is nice, and that maid is good too. Go Lion cameo this episode is amazing. And that after credits another is killed? To the next episode.

Jul 27, 2019 6:04 PM

Feb 2015
Much, much better. Said it twice before and now I know I'm right. Taking things slower and splitting up the arcs makes things flow much better.

Seeing Shishigou is amazing. He and Moerdred were the best parts of Apocrypha. Shame we won't see her though/
Jul 27, 2019 6:10 PM
Feb 2013
I screamed when i see the first scene in this episode. Can relate why he thinks that, but please. Why he can't get over it like a normal person? I mean, it's not that i don't want them to meet again. You can make a drinkgame everytime, Waver mentioned Iskandar in every way possible. I feel sorry for gray, in many ways - but that's how it is.

The rest of the episode was not bad. Enjoyed the cameo of that guy that way Mordreds master, really liked him in Apocrypha. So ... i'm not that hyped for the next episode, but this will work out in some way.
Thanks for nothing~
Jul 27, 2019 7:39 PM

Feb 2017
That reines teasing waver was priceless ! XD
Good to see shishigou!
Jul 27, 2019 8:09 PM

Oct 2015
This mystery is interesting, I only wish they stop it with the magical terms we hardly know. It makes it harder to understand. They should at least explain them or use them to the minimum.

But I doubt Blondie killed his father though, Adashino is just tripping.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jul 27, 2019 9:36 PM

Jul 2016
Reines teasing Waver was hilarious. I'm really liking her character so far. Definitely more than I originally expected, which is nice.

So there actually was a chance for Waver to take part in the 5th. HGW, uh? Honestly, I'm glad he didn't since he wouldn't have lasted long.

Overall, it was another enjoyable episode. Seeing Kairi again sure was a surprise but a pretty pleasant one. It's nice to know he still looks and acts as badass as always, easily one of the few characters I truly liked from Apocrypha.

Other than that, the case seems interesting enough as well so I'm really looking forward to seeing its resolution next week.
Jul 27, 2019 10:42 PM

Sep 2008
Gonna assume Kairi's an anime-exclusive character at least for the current mystery Waver and the gang are tackling. Continuity-wise, Fate/ Apocrypha's set in an alternate timeline from Stay Night and Kairi's not present in the Stay Night timeline for other source material from what I gather.
Jul 27, 2019 10:44 PM
Mar 2017
Known faces of the Fate / Stay Night franchise also appeared in this episode, this time was Shishigou and Bazett (although it was a minor glimpse).

Sometimes Reines is very intimidating and she also loves to tease people, especially Waver which is too funny, but she should be careful who she wants to make fun of.

Waver must take a case about a mansion that is wrapped in an unusual weather phenomenon and the murder of the owner of the mansion, his client Wills travels with him, Gray and Reines to the mansion, but they meet Miss Adashino Hishiri who is charge of an investigation made by the deceased's main family.

Reines is very curious and disobedient and that ended up being expensive, her mystical eyes began to react violently in that underground cemetery and when the situation became more dangerous, she and Gray were saved by Shishigou, who is friends with the deceased

In the end this seems to be a family dispute for the Mansion and apparently Wills does not have a very encouraging future, but as things go I think that Waver managed to find clues to reveal the truth of this mansion, but the post-credit scene made it clear that The case will be harder to solve.
Who will be the person who died? From what I saw was a woman, but who? Adashino, Waletta or anyone else?

Shishigou is still as cool as I remembered him from Fate / Apocrypha, I'm glad to see him and I hope he can cooperate in the investigation, I was also very curious about the fairy that Wills presented to Waver, what will be his true purpose?

Personally speaking I believe that Waver more than obsessed with the Holy Grail War, he is regretful of his decisions during his participation when he was young and that meant the death of his servant Iskandar (I have not seen Fate / Zero)
Jul 27, 2019 10:51 PM
Jun 2017
Horn_dawg_2019 said:
Well then, the Guy in shade is back, so where was his Saber???

Mordred is not in this timeline, which follows Fate S/N, UBW and HF, she is part of the Apocrypha timeline which is different from this.
Jul 27, 2019 10:53 PM
Jun 2017
Looks like Wills is bein framed by the Policies Dept. for his lab.
Jul 27, 2019 11:24 PM

Feb 2014
Damn Reines is getting better with every tease. Best imouto right there. Trashing and teasing at the same time. XD
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jul 28, 2019 12:05 AM
Jul 2013
Waver is so fucking gay lmao thats amazing.

Glad he didnt participate in that shitty 5th war ngl, also he wouldnt last long unfortunately.

The ep was ok, i too think they throw a lot of magical terms that the viewer is probably not familiar with so i think its easy to get lost sometimes.
Jul 28, 2019 1:12 AM

Oct 2017
Lol Reines sure loves to teas Waver a lot. She is freaking adorable. Also didn't expect kairi to show up here. He was a bad ass in apocrypha , looking forward to see him kick ass here too.Also looks like waver found out smthng.
Jul 28, 2019 1:30 AM
Nov 2018
Slow but could be very good if we get a payoff
Jul 28, 2019 2:22 AM

Aug 2009
People still complaining about stuff that the should have known before starting the series.

But it is the series' fault not theirs....

ggultra2764 said:
Gonna assume Kairi's an anime-exclusive character at least for the current mystery Waver and the gang are tackling. Continuity-wise, Fate/ Apocrypha's set in an alternate timeline from Stay Night and Kairi's not present in the Stay Night timeline for other source material from what I gather.
There is no reason for him to not to exist in this timeline.Caules is for Apocrypha too, that doesnt stop him from existing...
Jul 28, 2019 8:14 AM

Apr 2016
lihle808 said:
Adashino is just tripping.

That is her job description yes.
Jul 28, 2019 9:26 AM

Sep 2017
felt really slow but I hope we get to see more in the next episodes. I do enjoy this anime so I do expect more of it.
Jul 28, 2019 4:02 PM

May 2016
Interesting turns of events Wills is still hiding things.

not to mention the ed is perfect.
Jul 28, 2019 4:50 PM

Oct 2012
Don't really know what to think about bringing chracters back from Apocrypha when it was so bad and forgettable series.. but well, at least he was probably one of the best characters out there.

Other than that, this was pretty solid episode with nice atmosphere, almost like Hound of Baskerville's one. And even Reines finally got into spotlight, with some interesting developements (I also like how Minase is playing her with her smug voice). Nice enough mystery going on and I only hope the following resolution would be as good as this part.

Sidenote: they really like their whodunit and howdunit words, eh? Maybe way too much, probably don't even know the correct way of using them.
Jul 28, 2019 9:46 PM

Aug 2015
Good episode. I liked this one the best so far. Feels like a pretty well developed mystery compared to the last two.

Fairies, huh? I feel like that's going to be the defining theme of 2010s anime in retrospect.
Fate is going after that Ancient Magus Bride money with this anime lol
Jul 28, 2019 10:38 PM

Aug 2009
glassknuckles said:
Good episode. I liked this one the best so far. Feels like a pretty well developed mystery compared to the last two.

Fairies, huh? I feel like that's going to be the defining theme of 2010s anime in retrospect.
Fate is going after that Ancient Magus Bride money with this anime lol

Fairies being a thing in Fate since 2004...1998 if we count KnK....

But sure.
Jul 29, 2019 1:43 PM

Jan 2016
I can't be the only one who got HYPED ASF seeing Bazett?

Also, they're looking to break my wallet in 2 years time when Reines comes out on global in grand order. She's going head to head against Grey for the best girl title. I think they should just share it
Jul 29, 2019 3:49 PM
Jul 2019
The culprit probably is in the vicinity of Waver...that's how it has been so far but let's hope it won't end that way... the interactions waver had with reineis were funny and his longing for his king is quite sweet. I hope the next episode is so out of the blue, it makes a whole lot of sense.
Wonted666Jul 29, 2019 4:00 PM
Jul 29, 2019 5:49 PM

Jul 2017
Hmm.. so they are bringing up Apocrypha and Fate Kaleid characters here, interesting to see their involvement with this side of the story. That bedroom moment between Waver and Reines was so damn funny lol. Overall, cool episode, climax of this little arc next week i believe, let's go!
Jul 29, 2019 9:22 PM

Aug 2009
WaterLord said:
Hmm.. so they are bringing up Apocrypha and Fate Kaleid characters here, interesting to see their involvement with this side of the story. That bedroom moment between Waver and Reines was so damn funny lol. Overall, cool episode, climax of this little arc next week i believe, let's go!

Fate Kaleid characters.....

I a mad
Jul 30, 2019 5:55 AM

Mar 2009
Whoa. Did not expect this to have a connection to Fate/Apo. Give me more Mordred pls.

EDIT: Different timeline? What? Fate is so confusing.
Jul 30, 2019 6:16 AM

Aug 2010
Mormegil said:

I mean, they literally explained that in the first episode of Apocrypha...
Jul 30, 2019 3:49 PM

Mar 2010
I think this show might be trying way too hard but it's just 13 episodes so it won't kill me to have hopes. The setting isn't really growing on me though...
Jul 31, 2019 6:32 PM

Dec 2013
when a character from apomemes makes the episode better, you know there is something wrong with a story.

not enough gray in this episode

also not flat

Reines still doesnt understand that waver is gay LOL

random totally not suspicious character is dead, wow, that was nothing.

3/5
Jul 31, 2019 9:20 PM

Dec 2014
If i recall correctly, El Melloi is happen just before FSN timeline because
KeihatsuJul 31, 2019 9:24 PM
Aug 1, 2019 2:50 AM

Aug 2009
Keihatsu said:
If i recall correctly, El Melloi is happen just before FSN timeline because
that is correct..
Aug 1, 2019 7:59 AM

Apr 2016
Mormegil said:

It isnt really, you just need to understand that it's a multiverse.
Aug 1, 2019 6:34 PM

Jul 2015
AH, I KNOW KAIRI SHISHIGOU, I like him, it's nice to see him again.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Aug 4, 2019 4:25 AM

Nov 2017
i think that was only me that notice Bazet cameo on this episode... i was wrong
Now Loading.....
Aug 10, 2019 1:36 AM
Mar 2012
Nice to see Shishigo & Bazett. Reines smug level too high lol. As always, the architecture & furnishing are beautiful.
Good Waver moments, but need clearer mysteries/politics surrounding Bram.
Aug 15, 2019 9:51 AM

Jul 2009
Seeing Bazett and Kairi here is an unexpected surprise. Their appearance probably indicates this show takes place prior to Fate/Stay Night and Fate/Apocrypha. Unless, of course, there's the whole multiverse aspect which I'm still not familiar with.

I gotta say, though, a lot of mages here seems to have Mystic Eyes for some reason. Thought it'd be a power unique to Shiki.

Also, a nod to the Wild Hunt? Waver doing supernatural investigations like what Geralt does? These Witcher 3 references make me grin lol.
SkittlesAug 15, 2019 10:13 AM
Aug 15, 2019 10:23 AM

Aug 2009
Skittles said:
Seeing Bazett and Kairi here is an unexpected surprise. Their appearance probably indicates this show takes place prior to Fate/Stay Night and Fate/Apocrypha. Unless, of course, there's the whole multiverse aspect which I'm still not familiar with.

I gotta say, though, a lot of mages here seems to have Mystic Eyes for some reason. Thought it'd be a power unique to Shiki.

Fate/Apocrypha cant happen in the Fate/Zero-Fate/Stay Night timeline, but yes this is a few months before the 5th war of FSN.

Shiki isnt even the only one in her story that has such eyes.It is the the power of her eyes that is unique.
Aug 15, 2019 10:30 AM

Jul 2009
ssjokg said:
Fate/Apocrypha cant happen in the Fate/Zero-Fate/Stay Night timeline, but yes this is a few months before the 5th war of FSN.

Shiki isnt even the only one in her story that has such eyes.It is the the power of her eyes that is unique.

Ah okay, thanks for clearing things up about the timeline. If I remember correctly, Fate/Apocrypha is a 'what if' story if the other two never occured.

Also lol, completely forgot that a few other characters also had Mystic Eyes. Been nearly ten years since I've watched the Kara no Kyoukai movies.
Aug 25, 2019 9:43 AM

Sep 2014
Love that Reines smug and what a tease wew ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Waver should've just jumped on the offer
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Lord El-Melloi II Sei no Jikenbo: Rail Zeppelin Grace Note Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2019

86 by Karva1 »»
Feb 24, 2:22 PM

Poll: » Lord El-Melloi II Sei no Jikenbo: Rail Zeppelin Grace Note Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 13, 2019

126 by Karva1 »»
Feb 24, 12:05 PM

Poll: » Lord El-Melloi II Sei no Jikenbo: Rail Zeppelin Grace Note Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 6, 2019

102 by Karva1 »»
Feb 24, 9:30 AM

Poll: » Lord El-Melloi II Sei no Jikenbo: Rail Zeppelin Grace Note Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2019

100 by Trinity_07 »»
Jan 21, 4:19 PM

» Does anyone know why it’s called Grace Note?

the7threvival - Sep 7, 2023

3 by the7threvival »»
Sep 8, 2023 1:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.