Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jul 19, 2019 4:16 PM
Jul 2019
literally can't wait to see Bell destroy that family by himself :0

also anyone wanna pm and talk abt the show?
Jul 19, 2019 4:27 PM

Oct 2011
deprityderp said:
literally can't wait to see Bell destroy that family by himself

Same. And although we have 2 objectives to achieve at the same time, I hope this Apolo battle arc doesn't take up all the episode this season

Jul 19, 2019 4:41 PM

Oct 2012
Well, definitely better than the first episode. Even Minase Inori's way too high-pitched voice at first got normalized to usual Hestia throughout the episode. Her confession was great (although Bell-kun needs to be dense as ever) and the tempo of the action was thrilling. Kinda worried about Lili but can't wait for the moment they kick this Apollon's butt.

But really, the story is bit.. I don't know, unreal maybe? To think that one god would do whatever he wants in the city and others are okay with it was just weird. Although he didn't attacked Hestia directly so it's all just their plays with humans I guess. Still, there could be at least some reprecausions from the Guild for this behavior... like forcing Apollon warriors out of it or something. If the allow battles like this, soon there would be a lot more problems than just this. Even though the Hestia clan is tiny.. but she's still a goddess, first-born one at that, she stands a lot higher than Apollon ever imagined, daught of Cronos like Zeus, Poseidon or Hades.

One thing I hope though is that they slow the pacing a bit, the anime really needs some breathing space.
Jul 19, 2019 4:55 PM

May 2010
neonie said:
Aapjuh said:
ugh, screw lili, i cant stand characters that are stuck in the past. let her stay there and move on.

How the hell is it her fault Soma's a complete asshole?

Then why not leave.. its not like hestia wouldn't accept her, nvm the "it looks bad/taboo when you leave a familia etc" everyone and the dungeon monsters know whats going on.
its a gimmick, she leaves with soma ppl, bell will have to save her ooooooh sooooooo dramatically....
she could have solved "leaving soma" ages ago, but naaaah let the baddies make the first move, that will go over well....

she should have just told them "f-off and join welf/bell in continueing to flee/fight.

but nah she still lives in the past, is insta stunned by whatever memories, obediently goes along with any baddies, it has to be solved either way, why not do the smart thing and be already by the side you want to be instaid of just letting yourself be a hostage making yet again more problems and an advantageous position for the baddies.
she should have just thrown herself off the building, it would have made a better outcome whether alive or dead. and no its not edgy or dark, she already resigned herself AGAIN and just lets herself be captured, what she thinks they gunna do? put her in a luxury prison?

Jul 19, 2019 5:30 PM
Jun 2012
I feel like the story is regressing. How is Bell getting his ass kicked and saved by everyone again? What happened to the Bell that beat the Minotaur or the monster thing from the end of last season? It feels like he's just strong enough to beat no name minions but no one of consequence.

Also, he's going to train with Ais again? He already did that last season too! I know he's going to get stronger and win but I feel like he's made no progress since last season at all, still just a weakling. Just doesn't feel right to me.
Jul 19, 2019 5:37 PM

Nov 2011
Man I was hoping Ryuu would slide in and Help Bell out during those attacks. I miss her dearly.

Dude Lili!!! where are you going?!?! Dont be brain washed!!

I cannot wait for the OST to be released. Holy crap it is amazing
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jul 19, 2019 5:56 PM
Jul 2019
I can't believe and for the 1st time my best anime get a season 2
It's the ep 2 and I want them to make a season 3 already this is the best anime I have ever watched in my life good worck jc staff
Jul 19, 2019 5:59 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Well the pervert god Apollo finally got his war game after having his familia chase Bell and Hestia all over town causing a riot in the process. Poor Hestia for being tossed in the friend zone by Bell after confessing to him. She still the best girl though.
Jul 19, 2019 7:02 PM

Jun 2010
Aapjuh said:

Then why not leave..

Because, again, Soma is an asshole. Different gods have different requirements for leaving their Familia.

Soma's requirement is a fuck ton of money.

An amount of money of money Lilly was getting pretty close to having before her original arc in the first season.

Remember the fat fuck who made Lilly give him her key? Yeah, that Key was to the savings Lilly had to try to leave her shitty guild. That savings is gone now and that fat fuck got killed by a Minotaur. So the savings that Lilly had been building up for literally years to try to leave her guild is now gone.

And if you ask, "Well why bother with asking them to leave?" It's because the blessing can't be transferred or removed without the gods help, and as long as Lilly belongs to Soma's guild, he has ownership over her.

Unfortunately, Soma is an asshole. So he doesn't care at all what happens to his children. He only cares about making wine. So he left literally all matters of what happens to his children in the hands of a certain person. The person who came to get Lilly in this episode was that person.
Jul 19, 2019 7:03 PM
Aug 2016
Ahahaha, Bell really hit Hestia with that "I respect you!!"
I personally don't really ship the two so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I'm guessing by the title of the next episode someone/a few people might step in and aid Bell in the war game... or something. He can't possibly fight a whole familia on his own, right?????
Can't wait for the next ep, lol
Jul 19, 2019 7:14 PM

Sep 2011
It's difficult to watch this when its so painfully obvious Apollo was written to be hated. There is no depth to anything that is happening and no reason for it other than to move the story from point A to point B in as straight a line as possible. Hell, that line isn't even solid - it is dotted line with loads of gaps. Any time I see Apollo or his family I hear the trolololo song in my head.

The guildmaster is the epitome of American culture as well which also rubbed me the wrong way. "No matter how much we fine them they can pay it, so let's not bother doing anything at all." Talk about a half-assed reason to keep out of it.

Given season one (and that side-story we got a few seasons ago), I was really excited for this season. Not only did season 2 NOT start off where season 1 left off, the writing is leagues below what we got in the first season. I'm jealous of the people who can enjoy this, but I am sad that my expectations for this series were betrayed.
Jul 19, 2019 7:19 PM

Dec 2014
Damn, Apollo in the anime really is a scumbag.

Hestia was so cute this episode, that Hestia and Bell scene when they were hiding under the canal was so heartfelt and sweet. Goddamn it Bell-kun, was I respect you really the only thing you could think of saying there? XD

Loved the scene where Hestia threw the glove at Apollo's face, that was such a sweet scene.

Bell-kun's gotta become stronger than them all if he wants to win.
Looking forward to next week.
Jul 19, 2019 7:38 PM

May 2018
Lots of action scenes going on. Love it. But I just hope Lili part can be over soon. I really hate those cliche where character decided to leave MC and MC need to convince them to come back to the team then we go back to the War Game. Respect for Takemikazuchi team for having the balls to interfere.
Jul 19, 2019 8:12 PM

Oct 2015
I guess let the war games begin!

Now I think know why this show got popular, it's the long name or the words "picking up girls"! I bet that got popular with them boys. Or maybe it's both the name and the words, otherwise nothing is special about this show after watching good anime. I get why SNK or Death note or One punchman are popular but this, ayayaya it's just plain anime with a plain cast! Even BNHA is better than this plain Jane! I'm watching this show like I watch shows like Million arthur or Log horizon or any other plain crap. I'm not expecting any great things. I watched the first season because when I started anime watching, I watched every title thrown as an anime.
lihle808Jul 19, 2019 8:16 PM
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jul 19, 2019 8:32 PM

Jan 2013
What an intense episode! And what a great start of this new "adventure".
Now we will see Bell leveling up for real (at least i hope so).

Poor Hestia xD
Great episode!
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jul 19, 2019 8:47 PM
Feb 2018
ghtyujkkpkohkjb said:
What was the most important and interesting thing in the first season that got you interested in the series? For me it was RPG and adventure elements. Even characters developing seemed at least decently performed. Do I get this in the second season? "Ha-ha, F*CK YOU!!" (c) J.C. Staff
it’s been 2 episodes, it’s supposed to run for 12 if I’m correct, you’ll get plenty of your RPG fantasies fulfilled.
Jul 19, 2019 9:06 PM

Feb 2015
What's the estimated episode length on this arc? I already dislike this shit, it's so ridiculous. Like anyone could openly commit attempted murder with out punishment. None of them are even particularly strong, so this makes even less sense. This seems so hamfisted and melodramatic.
YautjaJul 19, 2019 9:10 PM
Jul 19, 2019 10:04 PM
Jan 2018
BrianMX34 said:
I feel like the story is regressing. How is Bell getting his ass kicked and saved by everyone again? What happened to the Bell that beat the Minotaur or the monster thing from the end of last season? It feels like he's just strong enough to beat no name minions but no one of consequence.

Also, he's going to train with Ais again? He already did that last season too! I know he's going to get stronger and win but I feel like he's made no progress since last season at all, still just a weakling. Just doesn't feel right to me.

he may have beat the minotour at level 1 but be was the strongest level 1 with all S ranked stats he's only level 2 now and his stats get reset after each level up , but this time round he's facing a level 3 who is stronger then him and has more experience and is smarter then a monster and the dudes whole familia is after him so he cant do much

with the Goliath he didn't get a lot of falana to rank up again because he wasn't the only one fighting it there was a whole war party with him and lyuu and astfi ( Hermes girl) got most of the falna as they held it back all bell did was finish it off with his Argonaut skill that charges up and is basically a one shot kill move depending on his desire sort of . if he beat it alone then maybe he might have ranked up again , nothing changed at the end of season 1 he will still level 2 the only difference is he has a bigger reputation and a god starts to take interest and plans to take him for himself

Why wouldn't he train with ais again she was the whole reason he could beat the Minotaur and level up , just by training with her most of his stats reached SSS due to the Liaris Freese , hestia knew that bell would go to find aiz which is why she encouraged him to prepare to get stronger
Mattinator95Jul 20, 2019 4:18 AM
Jul 19, 2019 10:52 PM

Jul 2017
Shirasho said:
It's difficult to watch this when its so painfully obvious Apollo was written to be hated. There is no depth to anything that is happening and no reason for it other than to move the story from point A to point B in as straight a line as possible. Hell, that line isn't even solid - it is dotted line with loads of gaps. Any time I see Apollo or his family I hear the trolololo song in my head.

The guildmaster is the epitome of American culture as well which also rubbed me the wrong way. "No matter how much we fine them they can pay it, so let's not bother doing anything at all." Talk about a half-assed reason to keep out of it.

Given season one (and that side-story we got a few seasons ago), I was really excited for this season. Not only did season 2 NOT start off where season 1 left off, the writing is leagues below what we got in the first season. I'm jealous of the people who can enjoy this, but I am sad that my expectations for this series were betrayed.

I echo your worries, not just because this long awaited season has been hyped too much, but it's introduction, backed by the strong foundation that is Season 1, started out on the wrong foot.

To the issue of Hestia, all that Bell had from her was a home and support, at least in Season 1. Other than her godly status, I could have written her off this season. But considering her wise decisions to help Bell, she has to make-do plans. And I certainly DID NOT expect her momentary confession to Bell.

Old enemies come back, and the War Game issue is too big to ignore. To make a bad situation even worse, the War Game is on.

Welp, Bell must enlist the help of Ais Wallenstein once again. Even though they have their Familia rules, they exempt Bell and decide to aid him.

The 1st part was a pain to go through the sudden attack from Apollo, but it's a payout in the 2nd half to realize that this time, Bell wasn't gonna have this issue easy. Hyped? Yes I am. To fight Apollo and his treacherous family.
Jul 19, 2019 10:57 PM

Dec 2018
Apollo is a fucking pedophile. Bell's what, 14? *checks wikipedia* yep, he's 14. That face Apollo made while talking about him was incredibly creepy. Also, when Bell was being attacked and almost killed, why wasn't Hestia doing anything? She's an immortal goddess! Couldn't she have done something other than scream ''BELL-KUN!!!'' and cry? At least try to punch the dude. Complaints aside, the moment with Hestia and Bell under the bridge was cute and funny. I ship them. I had also completely forgotten about Bell's crush on Ais (the blonde girl) and was one of his main motivations for becoming an adventurer. I had totally forgotten she even existed. Good episode, overall. I hope the War Game starts next week.
Jul 20, 2019 12:32 AM
Jan 2018
Shirasho said:

It DID start off where season 1 left off . 3 days later . But of course they cut and ignored that piece of information, this season is missing alot of context

and i cant remember much about it but The guild can and has intervened before. The loophole this time around was Apollo was able to get the whole barfight staged, thus he has an excuse to try and "peacefully" settle the dispute with a War Game, and since Hestia declined it, there is technically an on-going feud between the two familias. The Guild can penalize familias that outright do things wrong, but between the combo of having somewhat of an excuse and the money to pay off the fines, they couldn't do much here.

at this point the guild doing anything to stop it as it pointless all the other gods want the war game , may need to get someone else to explain it better
Mattinator95Jul 20, 2019 4:08 AM
Jul 20, 2019 12:41 AM

Jul 2014
Well, this is getting interesting, I suppose, now that the War Game is going to get underway, but I still have a few issues with how we got here. But more annoying is the fact that Lili has left again for the Soma familia, when we all know that this will be solved simply by Bell rescuing her in supposedly dramatic fashion. Only question is when that's going to come, as I assume this latest batch of training and the War Game comes first.
Jul 20, 2019 12:49 AM

Oct 2008
The ED by sora tob sakana was really NOT fitting this 2nd season of DanMachi
Well, Bell got totally wrecked by the minions of Apollo Familia.
time for Bell to get stronger so that he can counterattack and wreck them all as well!
4/5.

Jul 20, 2019 12:57 AM

Sep 2016
Nice new ending, High Score Girl vibe coming through
Jul 20, 2019 1:09 AM

Apr 2013
Superboy1996 said:
Question: Who was that so called "sniper" who saved Bell during the 1 vs 1 fight? (idk if this is a stupid question but i got no clue who that was)

Nahza from Miach family, she makes potions.
Jul 20, 2019 1:24 AM

Apr 2013
MomoSinX said:
Oh my fucking god Bell is denser than the most powerful black hole. Looks like Hestia only has the "just push him down already" way left to get her point across because words are useless lmao.

It's just a really, really badly adapted scene from the book. After Hestia asking Bell to leave Orario, he doesn't answer, but from his expression she realizes he wouldn't be satisfied with that, that his real desire lies in catching up to Aiz. And that's what makes her accept the war game.
Jul 20, 2019 1:38 AM

Apr 2012
Thought this was getting interesting but then
>obstacles will be removed by cheated OPness as per usual
guess I forgot I was watching Danmachi for a sec
but yeah it's not like I've been watching this show for the plot either
EratiKJul 20, 2019 4:06 AM
Jul 20, 2019 2:52 AM

Aug 2013
Interesting to see the pacing move so damn fast...but as expected of LN adaptations. Hestia got the fucking Rem treatment though. Girl totally confessed to the boy of her dreams and he knows he wanted to say "I love Ais" or some shit XD. Gonna be interesting to see how this War Games arc unfolds though.
Don't believe the hype.
Jul 20, 2019 2:53 AM
Jun 2017
Yeah!!! War games, war games, war game... im excited for this one
Jul 20, 2019 2:59 AM

Feb 2018
War game has come.
Jul 20, 2019 3:02 AM

Oct 2017
Bell and Hestia's moment was super cute. Thou I knew it wont go smoothly XD. Also Apollo and his whole family is tottaly super annoying af.That last scene where Hestia threw that glove on his face was satisfying.
Jul 20, 2019 3:14 AM

Jul 2014
I can't take Apollo seriously at all... his ridiculous expressions are too over the top to take seriously, creepy ass bastard.
That being said, Bell keeps on getting his ass handed by the same guy 2 eps in a row now.
Hestia getting cock blocked from that confession tho.
Jul 20, 2019 4:03 AM

Oct 2017
Mhm then Bell starts training,i'm wondering how powerful he will become

I've hope that it wouldn't be fight Bell vs everyone in Apollo Family...
Jul 20, 2019 4:16 AM

Jul 2017
It's on! The War Game will begin and i'm looking forward to seeing Bell train with Ais and then shut up all of those Apollo fuckers. But damn, those guys are strong, Bell really needs to step up his game. Meanwhile, Lily is another problem now... Her eyes were so dead when she found out the Soma Family. And who knows where she will be going for now..

Looking forward to next week!
Jul 20, 2019 5:53 AM
Nov 2018
Superboy1996 said:
Question: Who was that so called "sniper" who saved Bell during the 1 vs 1 fight? (idk if this is a stupid question but i got no clue who that was)

It is someone who they skipped over in season 1 who I believe was in LN 4 which only was one episode in the first season.
Jul 20, 2019 6:29 AM
Jan 2018

neonie said:
Gosh this adaption is just so fucking good already. As I expected, this is definitely J.C. Staff's priority for this season, if not for this entire fucking year. DanMachi is probably the biggest most hyped thing they are going to release this year, so they damn well better do it justice.

And no, there wasn't any brainwashing or hypnotism going on with Lilly. It didn't matter what she did at that point. She couldn't run, she couldn't fight, she had no recourse other than to try and cut ties with Welf and Hestia Familia to reduce any damage done to them once she had been found out. The opponent in front of her was not a fight she, a level one who hasn't been able to level up for a very long time, could possibly win, and it came at the worst possible time when Bell and anyone else who would have been able to help her was already wounded and running. When it rains, it pours.

a lot of context has been skipped it seems , not sure what they are doing wouldnt be surprised if they gave a whole episode dedicated to lilly and add her backstory ( wait when was her backstory anyway ) or fill all the gaps like why she seemed off at the start and why she just went with them , otherwise it wont make sense and will leave people with the wrong impression.

haven't they also cut a few things about the guild and how they can or can not handle matters when it comes to two familias etc

i swear i could remember that hestia asked bell for his knife before bell ran off to find ais for help in training or does that come later ?
Jul 20, 2019 6:53 AM
Apr 2016
So, the big boobed loli confessed her feelings...and got rejected! I can see everyone going all Subaru on Bell now. Training time it seems.
Jul 20, 2019 7:28 AM
Jun 2014
it's getting good just sad that it's not 2 cour, 12 eps series is always so rushed
Jul 20, 2019 8:08 AM
Jan 2019
Got damn! Damn Apollo. That guy is really insane. So much he wants to get Bell that he even hired another family, the Soma family, to catch him. That is playing dirty.
I loved seeing the friends of Hestia and Bell working together so that they could flee. These are true friends.

Hestia's declaration to run away from Orario and that she loves Bell, in a romantic way, made me think that she would see a scene similar to when Rem was told to Subaru, which by the way, was one of the greatest declarations of love I've ever made. seen: 'v.
But the Apollo family interrupted Hestia, Bell was saved by the xD bell.

I did not expect Hestia to accept war between families. It was very funny to use the glove to do it. She is a woman of culture 😂👌.
How the hell will Bell go to become so strong in just a few hours? Unless you use that weird power that you have as a last resort to upload your statistics. Well, he has the beautiful and strong Ais to train him until then. I'm kind of excited 😁

For some crazy reason, I thought Ais would disguise herself in this way to help Bell xD ....

"A wounded rabbit jumps over the moon and devours the sun." I guess it means the defeat of the Apollo family.

Ps: Noooo .... Lily
Jul 20, 2019 8:39 AM

Jun 2017
It was an okay episode. Hestia is slowly annoying me with her overly clinging to Bell. It was already annoying in S1 but they cranked that ship up to 11.
Jul 20, 2019 9:21 AM

Jan 2018
I can't wait how will Bell become stronger than an entire famila lmaooooo ooorr find some people to join the Hestia familia (this will definitely happen lmao)
Jul 20, 2019 9:47 AM
Sep 2016
BrianMX34 said:

Bell is getting his ass kicked because he is weaker, quite simple. Hyakhinthos is a level 3 (while Bell is just Level 2), has more experience and is more skilled at fighting. The difference in level is quite important in the danmachi universe. Later on is also mentioned the difference between fighting monsters and other adventurers.

Bell is still a weakling, he is a Level 2 after all, but he is making progress. Really, people got too used to seeing Isekai's ovepowered MC...

Shirasho said:

Apollo is just a hedonist (like most gods) who simply wants to steal mortals that take his interest, which Bell did thanks to his fast progress and the battle against the Black Goliath (JC Staff skipped that). Gods have been stated to do whatever the hell they want, as this is just a game for them.

This arc is meant to show how bad gods can be and the danger in conflicts between familias, quite important for the Ishtar and Xenos arcs (we wont see this last one on this season).

The guild master cant do much, he can put a fine for their actions (which they can pay) but he cant stop the attack, as the guild doesnt have a police force or something like that. The other gods also want to see the war game, so they wouldnt intervene even if the guild asked them. And unfortunetely, adventurers and big familias are important to the guild so they dont tend to meddle to much in this kind of conflict as to not make enemies with them so they dont leave Orario.

Apollo also made sure to stage the bar fight to make it look like Hestia Familia started the fight and that he just wanted compensation with the War Game (which Hestia refused).

There is a lot of context and information that was skipped by JC Staff due to the fast pacing, so your complain is understandable. JC Staff even skipped the conversation about the Three Great Quests which is end game stuff...
Siegfried10Jul 20, 2019 9:53 AM
Jul 20, 2019 10:12 AM

Apr 2018
Apollo is such an ass. I wonder why Lily want back to her familia
Jul 20, 2019 10:31 AM
Jun 2012
Siegfried10 said:
BrianMX34 said:

Bell is getting his ass kicked because he is weaker, quite simple. Hyakhinthos is a level 3 (while Bell is just Level 2), has more experience and is more skilled at fighting. The difference in level is quite important in the danmachi universe. Later on is also mentioned the difference between fighting monsters and other adventurers.

Bell is still a weakling, he is a Level 2 after all, but he is making progress. Really, people got too used to seeing Isekai's ovepowered MC...

DanMachi isn't an isekai, Bell isn't supposed to be overpowered but I'd at least expect him to hold his own in a fight at this point. In the first season he was a weak rookie who got his ass kicked and needed to be saved and trained. Season 2 is the same thing again, weak rookie gets ass kicked, needs to be saved and trained by Ais.

As for the level 3 warrior, I'm fine with him losing to that guy but at least put up a fight to show us how much he's grown. Force the guy to get a little serious and then still ultimately lose, but instead he just gets straight manhandled.

If I were to give a comparison, Deku vs. Bakugo in MHA, Deku still loses but he puts up a great fight that shows how much he's grown. In these first two episodes it doesn't feel like Bell has grown at all since season 1.
Jul 20, 2019 10:32 AM

Jul 2014
God dammit, not another "I love Emilia", Hestia even shares the same VA xD. Well, at least this time it wasn't really a rejection.

Apollo is fucking disgusting, I really want him and his whole family beaten up. Well, not the two girls, I confirm what I said last week, I like Cassandra.

Hestia is Bestia!
SkyLETVJul 20, 2019 10:36 AM
Jul 20, 2019 10:57 AM
Sep 2016
BrianMX34 said:
Siegfried10 said:

DanMachi isn't an isekai, Bell isn't supposed to be overpowered but I'd at least expect him to hold his own in a fight at this point. In the first season he was a weak rookie who got his ass kicked and needed to be saved and trained. Season 2 is the same thing again, weak rookie gets ass kicked, needs to be saved and trained by Ais.

As for the level 3 warrior, I'm fine with him losing to that guy but at least put up a fight to show us how much he's grown. Force the guy to get a little serious and then still ultimately lose, but instead he just gets straight manhandled.

If I were to give a comparison, Deku vs. Bakugo in MHA, Deku still loses but he puts up a great fight that shows how much he's grown. In these first two episodes it doesn't feel like Bell has grown at all since season 1.

Even one level difference is a huge difference in Danmachi, add to this that Bell severely lacks combat skills and is undestandable that he doesnt stand a chance. Bell has almost no experience fighting other adventurers, which are way smarter and more skilled that a simple monster.

"How much he has grown"... thats the problem, Bell has definetely grown but not as much as you think. You are overestimating him. Bell's half ass skills might work against an unskilled monster, but they wont work with an adventurer that actually knows how to fight. This new training session is actually centered in that, giving Bell actual combat skills and preparing him to fight against other humans.

Your comparison is a bad example. There was almost no difference in power between Deku and Bakugou (Deku was actually stronger with 8%) while Bell was quite weaker than Hyakhintus and also way less skilled. A rookie that has less than 3 months as an adventurer against a guy that has more than 3 years who is also way stronger. Again, Bell has grown just not as much as you think. Bell at this point is a weak Level 2, with half baked combat ability and almost no experience.

Well, this is the arc where Bell stops being a week rookie. He will do better in the next arcs but if i say more it will be spoilers.
Jul 20, 2019 11:03 AM
Jun 2012
Siegfried10 said:
BrianMX34 said:

Even one level difference is a huge difference in Danmachi, add to this that Bell severely lacks combat skills and is undestandable that he doesnt stand a chance. Bell has almost no experience fighting other adventurers, which are way smarter and more skilled that a simple monster.

"How much he has grown"... thats the problem, Bell has definetely grown but not as much as you think. You are overestimating him. Bell's half ass skills might work against an unskilled monster, but they wont work with an adventurer that actually knows how to fight. This new training session is actually centered in that, giving Bell actual combat skills and preparing him to fight against other humans.

Your comparison is a bad example. There was almost no difference in power between Deku and Bakugou (Deku was actually stronger with 8%) while Bell was quite weaker than Hyakhintus and also way less skilled. A rookie that has less than 3 months as an adventurer against a guy that has more than 3 years who is also way stronger. Again, Bell has grown just not as much as you think. Bell at this point is a weak Level 2, with half baked combat ability and almost no experience.

Well, this is the arc where Bell stops being a week rookie. He will do better in the next arcs but if i say more it will be spoilers.

You know what, when you put it like that, you're right. I guess I am greatly overestimating Bell's ability. After that minotaur fight I just kind of assumed he can at least hold his own in a real fight now. You made some very good points. I guess I'll sit back and watch how he develops from here.
Jul 20, 2019 11:20 AM
Jan 2018
Siegfried10 said:
BrianMX34 said:

Props to you dude you explaind it better then I did 👊
Jul 20, 2019 11:23 AM

Jan 2017
This is why I prefer OP MC, seeing MC get his ass kicked and running is just ... ugh ><
Jul 20, 2019 12:11 PM
Sep 2016
dashiu_kun said:
This is why I prefer OP MC, seeing MC get his ass kicked and running is just ... ugh ><

Its a matter of different likings. I find an overpowered MC who stomps every opponent and never gets a hard time quite boring (Saitama is a special case). When the MC starts from zero and builds his way to the top is more interesting in my opinion.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka II Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2019

116 by Donkunsan »»
Feb 27, 5:35 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka II Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2019

188 by amlg »»
Jan 31, 10:07 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka II Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2019

121 by amlg »»
Jan 31, 9:41 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka II Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2019

167 by amlg »»
Jan 31, 9:28 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka II Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2019

125 by amlg »»
Jan 31, 9:04 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.