Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jul 20, 2019 12:58 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Fantastic episode. Loved every second of it. After the first episode, it took me by surprise that the Apollo familia immediately attacked Bell and Hestia. The action was terrific, the production values have really improved from the first season.

Bell fighting a losing battle while protecting Hestia brought a lot of emotion. I still can't believe the Soma familia still has a grip on Lili, but the first episode reminded me that only Bell belongs to the Hestia familia for now.

Between the action, tension, and character interaction I think this may be the best episode of any show so far this season.
Jul 20, 2019 3:50 PM
Feb 2009
let the training arc begin busty Hestia as always in this episode :)
Jul 20, 2019 3:57 PM
Oct 2014
PendragonX1 said:
Funny shit seeing him dive in the beginning after realizing what was going on.

Girl straight confessed to him and he is like Nah I got someone else boo.

better than saying yes on the spur of the moment and then later cheating on her with ais. Then everybody gets hurt and it doesn’t end well.
Jul 20, 2019 6:57 PM
Jan 2017
awesome episode of danmachi 2 .this season start exelent
Jul 20, 2019 10:04 PM

Jun 2019
-I love you
-I respect you
award "The dumbest character" is awarded to Bell-shit
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 21, 2019 3:14 AM
Jan 2018
Justguy said:
-I love you
-I respect you

Not really . He can't just tell a god he likes her in that way when it's not true plus it's hardly the right momment
Mattinator95Jul 21, 2019 4:16 AM
Jul 21, 2019 5:54 AM

Feb 2007
Justguy said:
-I love you
-I respect you

Surely you mean Hestia? After all, of all the characters in this series, she's been aware of his feelings for Aiz - and their influence on his stat growth - from the start.
Jul 21, 2019 6:38 AM
Nov 2018
"Ore wa Aizu ga suki da"
Being serious, great episode, albeit a little bit too action-packed
Really like the ed, reminds me of Hibike Euphonium eds, especially second one, which is kinda sad at the moment.
Even though both op and ed spoil the plot, this is not a problem with quite simplistic DanMachi story
Also, as person having some knowledge about Greek Mythology, I really liked "Why doesn't anyone listen to me" from Cassandra and realised that I have to check Hyacinthos myth (hope I wrote that name correctly)
Jul 21, 2019 6:59 AM

Dec 2018
RIP Hestia's confession :(

Apollo is such a big gay! Just getting on my nerves urghh!!!
Jul 21, 2019 8:12 AM

Jun 2017
Lel, things are gonna get interesting now, I hope this war game lives up to people's expectations. Lots of fight and cardio in this episode, funny seeing how Hestia was interrupted in the middle of her confession.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Jul 21, 2019 9:50 AM

Dec 2014
ok like felt sorry for bell..... hmmm let's see how it goes...nice start of the season
Jul 21, 2019 9:52 AM

May 2015
Hestia get friendzoend. again.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jul 21, 2019 9:53 AM

Jan 2016
shit, I somehow accidentally managed to vote "Hated it" for the episode... Anyways, pretty good episode. Apollo familia is annoying, they really outmatched Bell there, but his friends were there to back him up. And seriously, you really said "I respect you" when Hestia said "I like you"?! that made me cringe tbh...
Jul 21, 2019 10:23 AM
Sep 2016
For people who hasn't realized yet. Bell knows that Hestia likes him in a romantic way but he doesnt reciprocate her feelings, so he dodged the question.

If this season adapts the Volume 8 we will get more insight on Bell and Hestia's relationship.
Jul 21, 2019 10:27 AM

Nov 2016
Solid episode and I'm more or less intrigued by the plot so far. But Bell >_>

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 21, 2019 10:33 AM
Apr 2019
BrianMX34 said:
Siegfried10 said:

Even one level difference is a huge difference in Danmachi, add to this that Bell severely lacks combat skills and is undestandable that he doesnt stand a chance. Bell has almost no experience fighting other adventurers, which are way smarter and more skilled that a simple monster.

"How much he has grown"... thats the problem, Bell has definetely grown but not as much as you think. You are overestimating him. Bell's half ass skills might work against an unskilled monster, but they wont work with an adventurer that actually knows how to fight. This new training session is actually centered in that, giving Bell actual combat skills and preparing him to fight against other humans.

Your comparison is a bad example. There was almost no difference in power between Deku and Bakugou (Deku was actually stronger with 8%) while Bell was quite weaker than Hyakhintus and also way less skilled. A rookie that has less than 3 months as an adventurer against a guy that has more than 3 years who is also way stronger. Again, Bell has grown just not as much as you think. Bell at this point is a weak Level 2, with half baked combat ability and almost no experience.

Well, this is the arc where Bell stops being a week rookie. He will do better in the next arcs but if i say more it will be spoilers.

You know what, when you put it like that, you're right. I guess I am greatly overestimating Bell's ability. After that minotaur fight I just kind of assumed he can at least hold his own in a real fight now. You made some very good points. I guess I'll sit back and watch how he develops from here.

my 2 cents:

Bell went from level 1->2 in just 1.5 months and is on the cusp of yet another level upgrade after just 1 more month. Consider that all these other characters level up at a rate of 1 level per 1~2 years. Bell has a massive growth rate advantage over everyone else because of his unique skill, Liaris Freese, but leveling up in this world isn't just about collecting experience points. He needs to overcome some kind of life threatening obstacle to qualify for an upgrade in the eyes of the gods. It's about the quality of the experience points, not the quantity. The novels do a much better job at explaining this in detail btw.

So yes, Bell is much stronger than any opponent he faced in season 1, but the people he's facing now are even stronger than they were. His skill makes his growth rate OP, but everyone he's fighting now has a head start over him. He just needs to catch up.
fodfranJul 21, 2019 10:37 AM
Jul 22, 2019 7:13 AM

May 2016
For freaks sake don't drag this too much they just wasted one episode just to accept it....
Jul 22, 2019 1:50 PM

Mar 2014
ghtyujkkpkohkjb said:
What was the most important and interesting thing in the first season that got you interested in the series? For me it was RPG and adventure elements. Even characters developing seemed at least decently performed. Do I get this in the second season? "Ha-ha, F*CK YOU!!" (c) J.C. Staff

So uhm why are you blaming these things on the studio instead of the source material which it is based on?
Jul 22, 2019 5:55 PM
Jan 2016
I really expected that ambush from Apollo's family!

I felt really bad for Hestia and Bell, both being chased by an entire family, Bell did what he could to run away, hopefully, Bell have some good allies, that helped him without worrying about messing with Apollo family!

Poor Hestia, she confessed to him and he answers with "I respect you"! He only have eyes for Ais!

Hestia decided to acept the war game, she had no other choice!

I just hate Apollo so much!

Ais acepted help Bell, we still have hope!

Btw, the Apollo's magician dream is still in my head, she almost had a prediction about what will happen, hope for it!
Jul 23, 2019 12:05 AM
Feb 2018
LauraBirdie said:
ghtyujkkpkohkjb said:
What was the most important and interesting thing in the first season that got you interested in the series? For me it was RPG and adventure elements. Even characters developing seemed at least decently performed. Do I get this in the second season? "Ha-ha, F*CK YOU!!" (c) J.C. Staff

So uhm why are you blaming these things on the studio instead of the source material which it is based on?

I do. Why not rewrite the screenplay and make it better if you can?
Jul 23, 2019 4:51 AM

Jul 2013
Lol this is bullshit, are you telling me that even the guild can't do anything to stop the Apollo family from tearing up the place and attacking other people? So what's stopping anyone from doing anything? I bet you the Apollo family will cheat on that stupid war game and no one will ether call it out or try to stop them.
Jul 23, 2019 5:14 PM

Jul 2016
Loved the episode! Enjoying season 2 way more than season 1.

And the love confession scene... In my mind I heard "I love Emilia (Ais)" hahahaha
Jul 23, 2019 9:20 PM
Mar 2014
Fantastic episode. I can't remember if anything was missed since I read the LN a while back, but they have been delivering so far. I hope that the war game ends up being as great as it was in the LN.

kirie-chan said:
Will Apollo actions be explained later? Why didn't Hestia use her powers? Why it's acceptable to PvP inside the city?

It's boring to watch as no motivation for villain is given, no resistance is being shown and a lot of actions contradict the logic of series. Attacks inside the city, no reaction from authorities nor the guild, low lvl characters making troubles for Bell, no allies joining the side, etc. Will put on hold until this arks ends so I can fast forward or completely skip it later.

Someone in this thread already explained his actions. I don't fully remember the LN, but Apollo, much like other Gods, has a screw loose. All he cares about is having fun and in his case, getting what he wants. He's had his eyes on Bell ever since the goliath incident in the dungeon and he's the kind of God that would chase their target to the end of the earth as Cassandra mentioned in the anime.

As for why Hestia didn't use her powers, I can't say, but they don't just tap into their powers at every incident. Her life was also never in danger or at least, not like Bell's was when he faced Apollo's best adventurer. It's not that it's acceptable to PvP in the city. Infact, you get fined if you do and the guild could ask other familia for their help afaik, but keep in mind the size of Apollo's familia as well as the fact that the other familias really wanted to see the war game. No one in their right mind would jump to help Hestia familia in that situation except those who are close to her such as Take etc... When you consider all this, it makes sense that those who have deep pockets and will face little opposition would try to PvP. A note is that in the next arc, you would potentially get more information on this stuff, but I won't say more to avoid spoilers.

As for allies, I don't know what you watched, but you saw both Welf and Lily jump in as well as Take's familia and what's her name, Naza or w/e. Hestia familia was also never really allied with any other familia and as mentioned, no one in their right mind would jump to their aid. After all, would you risk losing your familia or a good portion to save a 1 member familia?

Siegfried10 said:
For people who hasn't realized yet. Bell knows that Hestia likes him in a romantic way but he doesnt reciprocate her feelings, so he dodged the question.

If this season adapts the Volume 8 we will get more insight on Bell and Hestia's relationship.

Pretty much. Bell is really aware of her feelings unlike some dense MCs in other anime, but he chose to purposely dodge the question by saying he respects her. The only one he truly loves is Aiz while his relationship with Hestia is platonic in nature.
Jul 23, 2019 9:24 PM

Dec 2013
The Apollo famalia is persistent!

Hestai got respect zoned lol

Time for more training!
Jul 24, 2019 12:28 AM
Apr 2018
I don't know why but Season 1 has a better storyline because it's like the RPG genre even though the MC is naive, but Season 2 is very bad from the story of MC and others.
Jul 24, 2019 12:41 AM
Jul 2018
Justguy said:
-I love you
-I respect you

Dumb? How? He simply had no interest in her and has someone else he loves.
Jul 24, 2019 4:26 AM

Apr 2009
That escalated way too quickly after Hestia's initial refusal and in which she later agreed reluctantly in the end anyway as there seems to be no other choice.

Cassandra's (of the same Greek mythology seer/prophetess inspiration, who's actually a Trojan I think) words of wounded rabbit devouring the sun sends shivers down my spine. Unfortunately, like her inspiration no one believes in her true prophecies as well. Oh boy, this would be bad for Apollo in the end.

Miach and Takemikazuchi Familia to the rescue!!!

So who and what's in the crest that Hestia and Welf recognized?
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jul 24, 2019 5:03 AM
Jul 2019
Who als thinks that jc staff will make darling in the franxx anime batter if they take it frome the original studio
I think that jc staff studio is have more experience in anime
And I think they wll do batter in darling in the franxx
Jul 24, 2019 5:43 AM

Jun 2019

Made-In-Heaven said:
Dumb? How? He simply had no interest in her and has someone else he loves.

he had the expression on his face that he didn’t understand what she meant
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 24, 2019 9:08 AM

May 2015
I liked this episode a lot more than the first. The mind control part dragged it down a little. I'm excited for the next episode and the War Games!
Jul 24, 2019 2:07 PM
Mar 2014
tofei said:
That escalated way too quickly after Hestia's initial refusal and in which she later agreed reluctantly in the end anyway as there seems to be no other choice.

Cassandra's (of the same Greek mythology seer/prophetess inspiration, who's actually a Trojan I think) words of wounded rabbit devouring the sun sends shivers down my spine. Unfortunately, like her inspiration no one believes in her true prophecies as well. Oh boy, this would be bad for Apollo in the end.

Miach and Takemikazuchi Familia to the rescue!!!

So who and what's in the crest that Hestia and Welf recognized?

Soma familia with the cup+crescent symbol. They were working with Apollo familia. Also the reason that Lilli just disappeared after encountering that one adventurer.
Jul 24, 2019 7:33 PM

Jun 2013
Much much better than the first episode and are the Apollo familia allowed to do that? It's like there are no laws what the hell?!
Jul 24, 2019 8:57 PM
Sep 2016
kirie-chan said:
Will Apollo actions be explained later? Why didn't Hestia use her powers? Why it's acceptable to PvP inside the city?

It's boring to watch as no motivation for villain is given, no resistance is being shown and a lot of actions contradict the logic of series. Attacks inside the city, no reaction from authorities nor the guild, low lvl characters making troubles for Bell, no allies joining the side, etc. Will put on hold until this arks ends so I can fast forward or completely skip it later.

JC Staff skipped the reason behind Apollo's action. It should have appeared at the end of season 1 (is the epilogue of volume 5).

The guy heard the rumors about the Irregular Goliath and that Bell defeated him, which caught his interest (besides his fast pace at leveling up). He decided he wanted Bell for his familia and it ended in this shitfest.

I dont remember if the anime ever explained much about the gods in S1, but they are hedonist that consider the lower world their playground and do whatever they like. Yes, some nasty gods like Freya and Apollo even steal adventurers from other familia, and there are worst gods.
Jul 24, 2019 9:01 PM
Sep 2016
Chakert said:
Who als thinks that jc staff will make darling in the franxx anime batter if they take it frome the original studio
I think that jc staff studio is have more experience in anime
And I think they wll do batter in darling in the franxx

Darling in the Franxxx is an original story made by Trigger, not an adaptation of manga or LN. And no, JC Staff has been awful recently in adaptations. Index 3 sucked, Dal 3 sucked and Danmachi could be better
Jul 25, 2019 1:31 AM
Jan 2018
Axelucard said:
Much much better than the first episode and are the Apollo familia allowed to do that? It's like there are no laws what the hell?!

There are laws but nothing can be done about it in this situation
Jul 25, 2019 1:32 AM
Jan 2018
Siegfried10 said:
kirie-chan said:

JC Staff skipped the reason behind Apollo's action. It should have appeared at the end of season 1 (is the epilogue of volume 5).

The guy heard the rumors about the Irregular Goliath and that Bell defeated him, which caught his interest (besides his fast pace at leveling up). He decided he wanted Bell for his familia and it ended in this shitfest.

I dont remember if the anime ever explained much about the gods in S1, but they are hedonist that consider the lower world their playground and do whatever they like. Yes, some nasty gods like Freya and Apollo even steal adventurers from other familia, and there are worst gods.

I would rather have Freya after me then Apollo
Jul 25, 2019 12:09 PM

Jan 2015
This is going already better than first season.
Jul 25, 2019 6:55 PM
Sep 2016
Mattinator95 said:
Siegfried10 said:

I would rather have Freya after me then Apollo

I dont think anyone would complain about Freya.
Jul 26, 2019 12:31 AM
Jan 2018
GodLikesMudkips said:
I liked this episode a lot more than the first. The mind control part dragged it down a little. I'm excited for the next episode and the War Games!

Wasn't mind control but I can see why people think that as they didn't bother showing the conversation they had
Jul 26, 2019 5:30 AM

Nov 2012
Damn Hestia bod is 11/10, too bad Bell is deadset on Ais! I can't knock him for that tho..... I would have a hard time choosing.
Jul 26, 2019 2:49 PM

Jun 2015
this is already better than season 1 now that we have an established plot line
Jul 30, 2019 7:49 AM

Aug 2016
Damn, that escalated surprisingly quickly. Start was little bit over the top, but ending got me. Themes in this one are really good.
Jul 31, 2019 7:26 AM
☆A-Qing's hair☆

Jun 2008
WoodReviewer said:
Really shitty episode. Same with the whole season so far. Hestia and Lilis talk was so cliche too, i have heard that dialogue a hundred times before in different animes. Dont know why everyone is liking this so much because imo its the worst anime airing right now (from what i have watched).

lol go watch that arifureta "from commonplace to worlds strongest"... If you want the worst anime. At least DanMachi has some sort of plot.

More stuff happened in this episode, but plot seems to be a bit slow at the moment. I guess they will build up speed in an episode or two.

Jul 31, 2019 7:47 AM

Apr 2013
WoodReviewer said:
Really shitty episode. Same with the whole season so far. Hestia and Lilis talk was so cliche too, i have heard that dialogue a hundred times before in different animes. Dont know why everyone is liking this so much because imo its the worst anime airing right now (from what i have watched).

--
Soma-sama knows how to make that good wine.
Aug 1, 2019 5:47 PM

Dec 2016
Damn I didn't really think the show would go this way with the story but it's been pretty entertaining, hopefully the war games aren't just a bunch of boring 1v1 duels or anything like that
TheFreycookAug 1, 2019 5:53 PM
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Aug 6, 2019 8:55 PM

Jun 2014
I may already know what happens, but DAMN seeing it animated is still super intense.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Aug 25, 2019 5:18 AM

Nov 2013
seeing bell defeating/escaping a ton of enemies like that... what is he? a level 10? no, he is a level 2 lmao

i never thought this, but i'm seriously thinking about dropping Danmachi just because of this episode, and i'm sure the next few episodes won't be any better, this arc is just dumb as hell

also, why would Hestia scream when she is trying to go unnoticed? :v at least she confessed, even if that doesn't mean much since Bell likes Aiz
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Aug 26, 2019 10:27 AM

Feb 2008
Why not just assassinate Apollo's people until there are none left? He's strong enough to kill most of them, and doing so will make him strong enough to kill the rest. Or would the other gods step in on Apollo's side if he did that? Of course, they've never interfered when people attacked Hestia, so he might as well just assassinate Apollo directly.
jacobpaigeAug 26, 2019 3:15 PM
Sep 9, 2019 12:11 PM

May 2018
Things have gotten more interesting, Apollo chasing the Hestia Family is one of the entertaining part of this episode. Clearly as of now the battle between Apollo Family and Hestia Family is unfair based on the members and power, I'm excited to see how Bell will become powerful enough to beat Apollo Family in War Game.

Sep 25, 2019 12:35 PM

Jul 2016
- "I respect you" Virgin Coward Bell never disappoints.

- I know Gods are forbidden from using their powers but man, I never realized how much of a damsel in distress Hestia actually is.

- And also of course, we have a girl who can have premonitory dreams but let's ignore her and think she's just exaggerating... Oh! forget it. I have read her myth so if that actually was the intention in this episode, then it was a quite clever reference.

- So nothing prevents other families from having their adventurers being stolen by other Gods. The guild's penalties sure must be a joke then.

- Oh, right. Lili's familia problems weren't resolved yet. Honestly, I'm more interested in her plot line than Bell's since we all know he will end up winning against Apollo Familia with those OP abilities of his.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka II Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2019

116 by Donkunsan »»
Feb 27, 5:35 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka II Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2019

188 by amlg »»
Jan 31, 10:07 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka II Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2019

121 by amlg »»
Jan 31, 9:41 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka II Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2019

167 by amlg »»
Jan 31, 9:28 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka II Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2019

125 by amlg »»
Jan 31, 9:04 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.