Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jul 18, 2019 6:33 AM

Feb 2014
Animations seems were made with Adobe Flash. Didn't notice until now
Jul 18, 2019 7:21 AM

Nov 2016
Reven-of-death said:
Stepch said:
About the heroines, for me, the first black haired girl is no hope, I don't know why, but that's my feeling...

I can't answer that :D
Nice to meet you.......
はじめまして。。。。。。。。。
Jul 19, 2019 5:02 AM

May 2018
Well, good for now I guess. It is now watchable compare to the first episode, everything make sense now until the last part.

Jul 20, 2019 2:58 AM

Feb 2018
Look Yue so cute? Nice first meet.
Jul 20, 2019 6:26 AM

Jan 2016
Surprisingly a decent episode, and even with its quirks like the scene with Hayama and the swordswoman I found it thoroughly entertaining.
Jul 20, 2019 12:05 PM
Feb 2019
i don`t remember character`s names besides yue, i only care about yue bc she is cute and i don`t give a fuck about anyone else. cliffhanger was prediciable and i didn`t feel any emotion throuth this ep. the whole time, during flashbacks I thought "just get to the action already". why was kaori(had to find her name on MAL) asleep for 5 days, there is no reason for that, but i don`t care about her anyway. every character is an idiot for not taking notice of strange behivor of that guy who tried to kill hajime( what is that name, it`s "nice to meet you" in japanese but cut off at "me" sound). the only good thing was that there was no CGI in this ep and monsters actualy looked good when compered to last ep and thats about it, and the fact that i kinda enjoyed this ep unlike the previous one.
Momi55522Jul 20, 2019 12:08 PM
Jul 20, 2019 8:38 PM

Jul 2014
I remember reading the first volume of this LN and while I didn't think it was particularly great this adaptation is awful. They couldn't even express the feelings of betrayal from the MC or his feelings of being useless at the beginning at all. Thats the best part of the story and major theme of this arc.
Jul 20, 2019 9:15 PM

Jun 2013
Better than the first episode for sure, but still not very good

This show is actually quite frustrating, it has some cool ideas and i can tell its a good story, but the execution is just piss poor.
Jul 20, 2019 11:39 PM

Oct 2014
How disappointing. This episode wasn't so bad it's good like the first one.
Jul 21, 2019 10:21 PM
Jul 2019
I like how they keep the show intresting by not really explaining a whole lot until you watch a certain part or moment of the episodes. I feel these episodes are lackluster and a bit boring, however I really enjoy how mysterious the environment is around the main charecter hijame. It sortta reminds me of the riaing of the sheild hero and black clover where the charecter is shown as week, annoying, and usles. Until they are outcasted by their peers where it shows them steadily growing stronger. Overall Im liking the show, and I am certain it'll grow to better through more episodes.
Jul 22, 2019 6:47 AM
Jul 2016
HaXXspetten said:
well that was def a lot better than the first one as I kind of expected since they at least started to explain shit, however it still doesn't answer why they didn't just do that in the first episode already

the numbers of episodes are less lmao and the show might didn't get enough to work on it but still not that bad as people says
Jul 22, 2019 6:55 AM
Jul 2016
Otorez said:
Better than the first episode, but I still got the feeling that we have a lack of background here... the synopsis written on MAL helps to gather some intel about this world and clearly shows that things were not introduced as they should have been.

I mean, this is the 2nd episode and we still can't see a shit of isekai genre, despite the - I quote - "is summoned to a fantasy world!" from the synop'.

It doesn't look that bad, but the show was so poorly brought to the simple viewers (aka not manga readers, not synopsis/wiki readers, etc).

i'm a simple viewer who didn't read the light novel and find it decent though lmao
Jul 22, 2019 6:58 AM
Jul 2016
BlakexEkalb said:
Swizze said:

So they changed the order a bit, wouldn't people be more mad if they changed the story from the source material? If it's just the order of the same story being told in a slightly different order I don't see why the fuss then.

Just because it still follows the story but in a different order doesn't mean it's perfect. From what I've heard, the Monogatari series tells events out of order but that's how the story is supposed to be told. However, this show is jumping from place to place and starting in places where it shouldn't start in the first place. They haven't even shown the beginning of when they were Isekai'd except in the opening for ~1 second long. I reccomend watching Digibro's part 1 and 2 on this show as to why it was a train wreck, he nails it.

still not that bad i find doing that in fact is good and different since the story is close to shield hero's story so doing something different isn't bad
Jul 22, 2019 6:59 AM
Jul 2016
Swizze said:
BlakexEkalb said:

Just because it still follows the story but in a different order doesn't mean it's perfect. From what I've heard, the Monogatari series tells events out of order but that's how the story is supposed to be told. However, this show is jumping from place to place and starting in places where it shouldn't start in the first place. They haven't even shown the beginning of when they were Isekai'd except in the opening for ~1 second long. I reccomend watching Digibro's part 1 and 2 on this show as to why it was a train wreck, he nails it.

I didn't say it was perfect, I'm just saying surely it's still better than them changing the story altogether. Perhaps if I read the source material I'd be mad as well but I haven't. At the moment I know it's far from a decent series, but I don't think it's been terrible either.

they didn't change anything in episode 1 it's just sometimes isn't in order but still not that confusing you can tell what is happening without even thinking lmao you're just thinking too much
Jul 22, 2019 7:02 AM
Jul 2016
W33B_Master said:
I like how they keep the show intresting by not really explaining a whole lot until you watch a certain part or moment of the episodes. I feel these episodes are lackluster and a bit boring, horious the ewever I really enjoy how mystenvironment is around the main charecter hijame. It sortta reminds me of the riaing of the sheild hero and black clover where the charecter is shown as week, annoying, and usles. Until they are outcasted by their peers where it shows them steadily growing stronger. Overall Im liking the show, and I am certain it'll grow to better through more episodes.

yeah it might be boring alittle but still the atmosphere is good and raise some interesting thoughts
Jul 27, 2019 6:33 PM
Mar 2012
Bit better than ep1.
Flashbacks & exposition with king were useful, but non chronological & weird, still fine since story's not complex. Director seems to want different pov reveals of the same event via sword girl this time. At least it led her to deduce redhead likely killed mc, tho lots of the flashback was redundant to ep1. Oh lots of hand holding yuri bait lol.
What if redhead bullies Hajime to get sensei's attention (instead of Kaori)?
Mc found Shinobu & ED gets updated.
Aug 1, 2019 6:40 AM

Aug 2016
Yuuan_ said:
tiwibo said:
Is this episode made by White Fox or Asread?

The animation was outsourced to Studio Pierrot Plus this time.

Is that why animation and characters felt so... average this time?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 2, 2019 10:42 AM

Sep 2017
Not sure why I picked this as the first show to watch in two weeks, but whatever. Better than the first episode, but it still had a plethora of glaring issues. The soundtrack was actually pretty decent and enjoyable. I didn't mind it much at all. I don't feel any emotion from watching this main character being overpowered because he didn't do anything to earn it. For some characters, typically satirical ones like Saitama, they don't need to earn their overpoweredness, but for someone like Nagumo who the show is trying to make us feel genuine emotion and sympathy towards, more needs to happen than "weak guy eats bad food and gets game-breaking abilities." That isn't entertaining. Also, am I the only one that noticed the huge flag of an overpowered character named "Yue" appearing in the second episode? SAO at least lasted 11 episodes.
Aug 18, 2019 1:10 PM
Apr 2019
Episode 2 was a bit better, as someone who never read the manga if they keep on this theme of every character will have gone through some kind of betrayal it would make things interesting if they ever try to get some sort of revenge.

Seems they are going to go the harem route, hopefully they don't pull a...

Shield Hero Spoiler:

Otherwise then that, Yue is cute...she seems basic so far but we will she how she improves in later episodes

Every other character is useless to me until we start seeing what they do.
Aug 31, 2019 5:33 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Well, looks our Naofumi found his Raphtalia in time.
N, but seriously, a lot on hold right now. That dude can't possibly have done that just because of Kaori, teenagers and their dismissive problems.
I'm going to go the dark way here, but what if Hajime decided to eat Yue one day and gain her power?
Sep 5, 2019 12:43 PM

Jan 2015
How can something be so bad?
I can’t explain it
Nov 15, 2019 5:17 AM

Sep 2012
Eoussama said:
Well, looks our Naofumi found his Raphtalia in time.
N, but seriously, a lot on hold right now. That dude can't possibly have done that just because of Kaori, teenagers and their dismissive problems.
I'm going to go the dark way here, but what if Hajime decided to eat Yue one day and gain her power?

its enough if he takes 1bite and she heals and he gains her power

and i think next ep he will do that to heal himself

Dec 26, 2019 2:14 PM

Aug 2018
This episode was just fine
Jun 7, 2020 6:41 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Wow the girl was really nice. The next introduction to the reason was still unclear. I hope the pacing surpassed the back story once more, so i can understand what is goin on in fully.

The classmate were full of shit. Now i really feel what Hajime felt there. I wonder how their reaction while seeing the current Hajime. On the other hand, screw that God shit so called Ehit. Isekai really not my kind of type. I just need laughing it off, while everything was not gonna be my expectations. Thats it, with the lame reason to excuse such a real matter like that.

I mean, honestly, just like that? Its better go to hell rather than doing bullshit wandering around an unknown area so called kingdom. The way they introduced there were so rushed. I don't even feel any good sign with the way of it explained. Now i sighed with the generic reason that always happen to the most type of show. Oh well! Atleast the blonde little vampire girl appearance can calmed enough to see another episode. Thats it.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Mar 10, 2021 6:07 PM

Nov 2010
An entire high school class got isekai'd interesting. I wish it happened to my high school batch as well lol

Nice vampire loli waifu. I thought for a second he'd name her Shinobu hehe
Apr 4, 2021 10:29 PM

Jan 2017
What a smol teacher the classmates have. Hopefully it'll be explained how they got isekai'd or else imma be very dissapointed
Jan 25, 2022 9:33 AM
Stellaron Hunter

Oct 2020
This was better than I expected it gives me So I'm a Spider, So What? anime vibes I like it.
Loli vampire waifu acquired and she is cute.
I wonder if she is meant to be a Shinobu reference.

Incessant Rain

“Can you let me have some fun this time?”

Mar 6, 2022 8:58 AM

Jun 2021
My beautiful Yue, the best girl ever <3. This is one of my favourites episodes.

She is super cute and lovely :'), what a nice love story between her and Hajime
May 30, 2022 2:53 AM

Jul 2015
Must be sad down there for Nagumo, all alone with a lost arm an some sanity out of the window as he sees every monster as food but hey at least he got a new naked loli.

Jun 20, 2022 11:41 AM

Apr 2013
Hmm so far it's pretty boring. I hope they get out of that dungeon soon, maybe it'll get better then.
Aug 14, 2022 3:07 AM
Oct 2019
wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Aug 15, 2022 10:49 AM

Jun 2022
bad animation my eyes bleeding
Oct 1, 2022 7:08 PM
Jul 2022
Still have barely any character development. I see why all of my friends say this show sucks. At least it makes more sense than the previous episode, which had no context whatsoever.
Nov 5, 2022 10:37 PM
Jan 2016
episode was decent, the loli was a bit weird tho
Aug 30, 2023 2:10 AM

Dec 2018
so far pretty cool but it feels like a lot is being left out, there doesn't seem to be a lot of context or at the least it's not fleshed out very well.
Oct 9, 2023 1:26 PM

Nov 2013
Damn, those skeletons in a bacground are some mobile game graphics.
You all need to watch Nami.

Oct 13, 2023 10:51 PM
Jun 2020
I love this series, I really do. But that said, I've been noticing when I rewatch things it's less enjoyable for me. Either I've become hyper critical or this is just what happens being able to see everything with new eyes. Anyway... Kouki. I fucking despise this muhfkr. Really all super annoying, self righteous, going to get everyone killed because of his ideals and need to be the main character/hero. On the rewatch where was all that hero bravado when he told Kaori to stop when she wanted to save Nagumo saying "there is nothing we can do". scumbags, him and hiyama both for different reasons.
Nov 29, 2023 6:31 PM

Nov 2023
Man, honestly what is this animation. Anyways nice fight
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2019

383 by Rishabh1348 »»
Mar 5, 9:52 PM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2019

103 by TsunamiYT »»
Mar 2, 6:10 AM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2019

173 by Seabury »»
Jan 14, 6:51 PM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 22, 2019

158 by Seabury »»
Jan 13, 7:04 PM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2019

171 by Mizangrh »»
Dec 26, 2023 8:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.