Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jul 15, 2019 2:19 PM
May 2019
MomoSinX said:
WalkerLeon said:
Well....at least its an improvement from the basketfire of an episode 1. The pacing was a bit better, with whatever flashbacks they included being not all over the place.

Of course some parts of the animation could be fixed, but the thing that nearly killed the series was the pacing and storytelling of episode 1. An improvement in that department at least makes this series 'watchable' now.

Though the only thing I'm going to give them in terms of credit for is not spending so much time on Hajime's trek down the floors and making it so that Yue was on Floor 50. Not only did they cut down the necessary time without skipping too much important details there, but they also showed some of the harshness of the trek down to floor 50 ALONE. Manga slightly screwed up there so at least happy that was one thing that they did for the anime.

Correct me if I am wrong but they found the giant dino thing on floor 65, and the MC is only going down since he fell..so how is Yue on floor 50?

Well if you noticed, they said ABYSS floor 50. That should be enough of a hint
Jul 15, 2019 2:45 PM

Jan 2019
Decent improvement. Can't imagine a good story with 13 episodes though.
Jul 15, 2019 2:51 PM

Aug 2018
Better than the first episode, but I still got the feeling that we have a lack of background here... the synopsis written on MAL helps to gather some intel about this world and clearly shows that things were not introduced as they should have been.

I mean, this is the 2nd episode and we still can't see a shit of isekai genre, despite the - I quote - "is summoned to a fantasy world!" from the synop'.

It doesn't look that bad, but the show was so poorly brought to the simple viewers (aka not manga readers, not synopsis/wiki readers, etc).
Jul 15, 2019 2:52 PM

Jun 2015
At least it hits the average mark of today's standard. Noticeable improvement than half-baked first episode is a good sign. Is there any changes in staff or anything else, I wonder?

I can't help but find Yue to be cute here, so I will wait how their interaction would be.
Jul 15, 2019 3:09 PM

Jan 2012
god I wish this wouldnt be so low budget and quality

Jul 15, 2019 3:27 PM

Nov 2017
Well,honestly that was an improvement on the first episode.Also,I really liked the music when he entered the room with Yue in.Also liked the effects and animation when he freed her,that was quite nice,though on a whole,the animation was a bit lacklustre.
Now,if only they had put all that flashback crap in the first episode,maybe it would have flowed smoother and not been the trainwreck that it is so far.
Oh well,I'll keep going to see if it gets better.
Jul 15, 2019 3:29 PM

Feb 2015
Better than last week's episode that's for sure. This could become watchable but I can really do without the MC eating monsters like a human Pac-man every 5 mins.
Jul 15, 2019 3:30 PM

Jun 2010
This was better than the first episode. I'll keep watching.
Jul 15, 2019 3:33 PM
Dec 2018
It’s better than the first episode, but can’t be compared to the manga and light novel
Jul 15, 2019 3:36 PM
Jul 2018
eh, im digging it more than the last episode. It was a lot less unwarranted chaos, and I can kind of get a feel for it now. I hope these two bond and exclude the rest of the cast from their excellence. I support protags right to bear arms. Even though it didn't look like he enjoyed eating the last one.
Jul 15, 2019 3:40 PM
Apr 2009
MomoSinX said:
WalkerLeon said:
Well....at least its an improvement from the basketfire of an episode 1. The pacing was a bit better, with whatever flashbacks they included being not all over the place.

Of course some parts of the animation could be fixed, but the thing that nearly killed the series was the pacing and storytelling of episode 1. An improvement in that department at least makes this series 'watchable' now.

Though the only thing I'm going to give them in terms of credit for is not spending so much time on Hajime's trek down the floors and making it so that Yue was on Floor 50. Not only did they cut down the necessary time without skipping too much important details there, but they also showed some of the harshness of the trek down to floor 50 ALONE. Manga slightly screwed up there so at least happy that was one thing that they did for the anime.

Correct me if I am wrong but they found the giant dino thing on floor 65, and the MC is only going down since he fell..so how is Yue on floor 50?

This will be explained in the 3rd or 4th episode when Hajime and Yue finishes the last floor.
But I'll just explain it anyway: Oculs's dungeon has actually 200 floors instead of 100. He somehow bypassed the 100th floor's secret door and entered floor 1 of the 2nd part of the dungeon. So Yue is actually on floor 150.
Jul 15, 2019 4:18 PM

Aug 2017
An improvement to the already ok first episode. At least they explain why the people got transported to the fantasy world.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jul 15, 2019 4:22 PM

Jun 2017
mgtwan said:
MomoSinX said:

This will be explained in the 3rd or 4th episode when Hajime and Yue finishes the last floor.
But I'll just explain it anyway: Oculs's dungeon has actually 200 floors instead of 100. He somehow bypassed the 100th floor's secret door and entered floor 1 of the 2nd part of the dungeon. So Yue is actually on floor 150.

Ah, thanks, I am just super blind/deaf then, the Abyss was indeed mentioned so it makes sense.
Jul 15, 2019 4:39 PM

Mar 2014
A improvement from episode 1, I can do without a edgy protagonist but Hajime seems okay I guess.

I have no idea how this anime is gonna recover from that rating drop into the rankings of the #7000s but let's see how it turns out.
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Jul 15, 2019 4:40 PM

Mar 2016
RebelPanda said:
Looks like this will be another forgettable isekai rather than a so-bad-its-good ironic comedy. Shame.

Oh yeah, that would be better, as a novel reader, Arifureta is a famous one for being bad, it was so unforgettable that it's became a prime example of bad writing.
Jul 15, 2019 4:50 PM
Feb 2015
mgtwan said:
MomoSinX said:

Did you read the novel? i don't remember they explain about this ...
Jul 15, 2019 5:04 PM

Feb 2015
I wonder how long people are going to blame the adaption before they realize, maybe, just maybe, the source wasn't all that great either. Overlord's adaptions were shit, and most people still enjoyed the majority of them. This is just another chuuni, edgy isekai a la ReMonster.
Jul 15, 2019 5:07 PM

Nov 2014
Isekai-kun finds bootleg Shinobu at the bottom of some dungeon or whatever.

Also, OW THE EDGE:

Jul 15, 2019 5:09 PM

Oct 2017
Lmao, as expected this episode is as terrible as the last.
This director really has no idea of how to properly tell a story.

We got a whole bunch of flashback this episode that could have been told in episode 1, but instead we got this jumble mess of flashback from random point of timeline whenever the director feel like putting it in.

If they bother to do those in order from get go, they don't have to waste so many time on those flashback. Or are those flashback only use as a mean to save budget ? I guess this is most likely the case.

Also those slideshows combat scene is just hilariously bad.
The actual combat that has animation is equally as bad too.
The cyclops fight is as hilarious as fighting that bear.

Also a seal so strong that can imprison a vampire that has enough magic power to blow up a kingdom, can easily be broken by mc's alchemist power.
Yeah right, "normal class" my ass.
Ventus_SJul 15, 2019 5:55 PM
Jul 15, 2019 5:09 PM

Oct 2017
Yautja said:
I wonder how long people are going to blame the adaption before they realize, maybe, just maybe, the source wasn't all that great either. Overlord's adaptions were shit, and most people still enjoyed the majority of them. This is just another chuuni, edgy isekai a la ReMonster.

Source may not be good, but please just go read manga.
The execution and presentation and direction and art is at least 10 times better.
Jul 15, 2019 5:13 PM

Feb 2015
Ventus_S said:
Yautja said:

The execution and presentation and direction and art is at least 10 times better.

Why do you think I said that? I read the manga, and while it's not "as bad" as the anime, it's pretty damn bad. It's hard for a manga to be worse than an adaption that does everything the manga & ln did wrong with awful animation, mediocre VA and fragmented story telling to boot. Fragmenting an already shit story, with middling art doesn't really change much to me in the scale of "how bad" a given series is.
Jul 15, 2019 5:40 PM

Oct 2017
dim100 said:
Action scene decent, some explanatives, I hope they aren't gonna make flashbacks constant thing. Anyhow much better than 1st episode hopefully rating improves.

Action scene "decent" (laugh in corner)

Slideshow, hilarious and super poor animation with laughable execution and art in the Cyclops fight.
OPM S2 looks like a masterpiece if you compare to the animation of this ep2.
Ventus_SJul 15, 2019 5:56 PM
Jul 15, 2019 5:41 PM

Oct 2017
Reven-of-death said:
That's what I was actually expecting from the adaptation, a fine work that could be watched with no need to rip your eyes off, yep this episode mange to raise the anime from 2/10 to 6/10 hope it get better by the time.

HAHAHAHHAHAA, Mal..
No wonder people say Mal has shit taste and weird marking standard.
This joke of an episode, because it's better than episode 1, yeahhh gotta raise it to a 6 because it is watchable now. Ok then.
Ventus_SJul 15, 2019 5:46 PM
Jul 15, 2019 5:46 PM

May 2015
This series, not just anime, is a literal shit. I went to look into the novels and thought to see some nice story that the LN readers was so disappointed about and now I’m way more disappointed. The fuck kind of edgy harem shit is this, even Smartphone harem makes more sense than this.
Jul 15, 2019 5:49 PM

Oct 2017
elementex said:
much better storytelling and pacing, this will definitely be a standout for this season

Mal lolz...
Sigh, I don't wanna repeat my words anymore.

There're so many extremely well directed, well animated show with either high quality combat, storytelling, visual, or music.
Then we have Mal users here believing this is a standout just because episode 2 is comparatively better than episode 1 (from 0/10 -> 1/10)
Jul 15, 2019 5:57 PM

Oct 2013
This was not a good episode, it was average, but compared to the first one it was very good, lol. At least we learned things that should've been included in episode 1. Although still I have no idea why they need to go down that Labirynth or whatever it is.

And yeah, after the previous episode I planned to drop this show and dropped it for a couple of days, but I decided to give it a chance. I don't regret it, to be honest. It's not a piece of special anime or something, but if it's gonna be better and better and if it's gonna explain some basic elements of this world (like why them people got there to fight, what is their quest etc.), then it can be pretty fine. Or at least not so painful to watch. For now, though, this show deserved low score and I'm surprised it has over 6.00/10.00 score now, lol.
Jul 15, 2019 5:57 PM

May 2015
Ventus_S said:
Yautja said:

You can’t make shit any better, even in anime. I read the LN and it’s shit, it’s not just about execution of this shit anime, but the source itself is shittier than this anime. I can’t believe anyone recommending to read this trashy series’ manga. It’s an edgelord edge edgy series with harem pasted all over it. Even Smartphone harem looks better than this.

It’s even worse that you’re recommending it when you also know the source is shit.
DarkingDawningJul 15, 2019 6:06 PM
Jul 15, 2019 6:00 PM

Nov 2011
I mean this episode was way better then the first but it's still a pretty shitty anime overall. I am curious about an uprising against the Vampires or Demons when the time comes but as of now it's just whatever. Also Kaori is annoying AF and Shizuku is best girl atm.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jul 15, 2019 6:01 PM
Apr 2013
whiters99 said:
Jdogla said:
This anime is really scaring me if they slowed down this much in episode two that means they are going to skip through a lot or bs there way to the point I think they are going to just with the characters that they have and the amount of episodes MAL says it will have. With this kind of passing one would think 24 since they have Tio listed as a main but with on 13 it shows that this show will def suck and I am disapointed since I was looking forward to it.

Tio appeared on volume 3, I think that's quite reasonable for 13 episodes to adapt 3 volumes. The problem was if they intended to end it on volume 4.
I am reading the manga which is a way slower pace apparently i'm at like chapter 40 and with them hinting that the healer is also a main character suggests they are past where I am at which is what scared me.
Neither a wise man nor a brave man lies down on the tracks of history to wait for the train of the future to run over him.
Dwight D. Eisenhower
Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
George S. Patton
A better world shall emerge based on faith and understanding.
Douglas MacArthur
Any more WW2 generals I should quote?
Jul 15, 2019 6:05 PM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
The second ep picked up all of the background story they missed on the first ep. Not bad.
I still feel like Yue's voice doesn't match her personality. I think there are better VAs for her.

Need better BGMs.
Jul 15, 2019 6:15 PM

Apr 2013
Jesus f'n Christ. This anime is just straight GARBAGE. I'm so disappointed that one of my favorite series is getting butchered to this extent. The animation is definitely cringe in a lot of places thus far (misshaped faces and expressions galore), and they don't even try to explain any of the story and just rush through every single aspect of the original material. We don't get any details or introspection on Hajime and the other characters thoughts about various circumstances, situations, and anything that could be remotely considered interesting and add to the story. Instead it's a rush job of epic proportions.

Please for the love of god, read the light novel (or web novel) instead.
Jul 15, 2019 6:26 PM
Aug 2018
Way better than the first EP but the animation still needs a bit of work. Right now the enjoyment is sitting around a 5 or a 6 and the quality is about a 3 or a 4. I'm hoping for it to improve as it goes on though
But that's just like... my opinion... man
Jul 15, 2019 6:33 PM
Jun 2019
Ventus_S said:
elementex said:
much better storytelling and pacing, this will definitely be a standout for this season

Mal lolz...
Sigh, I don't wanna repeat my words anymore.

There're so many extremely well directed, well animated show with either high quality combat, storytelling, visual, or music.
Then we have Mal users here believing this is a standout just because episode 2 is comparatively better than episode 1 (from 0/10 -> 1/10)

He's been like this:
Episode 1: 10/10
Episode 2: Ahh a much better episode. 10/10

He can't even scale his ratings right.
Jul 15, 2019 6:43 PM
Mar 2019
Thank God this ep is better than the 1st. Hope the rest of the series won't disappointed me
First ep: 4/10
Second ep: 6/10
Jul 15, 2019 7:16 PM
Oct 2018
well I rlly did not like the 1st episode, but I actually liked the 2nd.
ZukozJul 15, 2019 7:20 PM
Jul 15, 2019 7:19 PM
Sep 2016
It was still terrible but not even funny this time, I hope they go back to doing things like in ep 1, at least it was entertaining.
Jul 15, 2019 7:41 PM

Feb 2012
a blond "loli" vampire?! that's new and original, never seen anything like it ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 15, 2019 7:41 PM

Mar 2019
People seem put off with flashbacks in stories, like they always need it to be linear or it makes them wanna cry lol.

Definitely more enjoyable than the first episode, interested to see where the show goes.
Jul 15, 2019 8:03 PM

Nov 2014
Swizze said:
People seem put off with flashbacks in stories, like they always need it to be linear or it makes them wanna cry lol.

Actually, people are mad because there was no reason to mess up the order of the flashbacks since not only did it not add to the story, the order was chronological in the original source material.
Jul 15, 2019 8:07 PM

Mar 2019
Arp90 said:
Swizze said:

Actually, people are mad because there was no reason to mess up the order of the flashbacks since not only did it not add to the story, the order was chronological in the original source material.

So they changed the order a bit, wouldn't people be more mad if they changed the story from the source material? If it's just the order of the same story being told in a slightly different order I don't see why the fuss then.
Jul 15, 2019 8:10 PM

May 2014
Average MAL user logic: "since this ep was better that ep 1 the serie is automatically good". At this rate they will call it "the best isekai" or "a decent one among the rest" in a couple of weeks... as they were doing before the anime started airing.

WantiPop said:
a blond "loli" vampire?! that's new and original, never seen anything like it ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

And wait to see how she's going to be called "best waifu" just because she's a nymphomaniac who rapes MC.
Jul 15, 2019 8:30 PM
Mar 2017
What a pity they want to forget Hajime so that the kingdom does not look like a failure and the only person who came to suspect something about what happened to Hajime let it happen as a coincidence.

On the other hand Hajime advances through the abyss and continues to consume more creatures that make him stronger.
The good thing is that Hajime finds a sealed room inside the abyss guarded by two cyclopes that are easily defeated, but inside the room he finds a little girl sealed in a cube, I laughed a lot with Hajime's decision to not free the girl. She asked him for help, but the boy's logic was not wrong. It turns out that the girl is a vampire and now Yue is a new partner in this desolate underground labyrinth, but the misfortune still haunts Hajime and this is attacked by a mysterious creature.

I can say that there was a noticeable improvement compared to episode 1, I think the incorporation of Yue will make me stay to see this anime, personally because I think she will be a great ally for the MC, especially because Hajime released her from her eternal confinement, I also love her design; Blond, red eyes and adorable voice.
On the other hand I thought it was stupid what happened with Shizuku, she let go the suspect (and true guilty) and also she had a reason to suspect him, but she let him go and took it as just a coincidence, nobody really cared to Hajime, with the exception of Kaori, I hope this boy got to forget his class.
Jul 15, 2019 9:33 PM

Feb 2011
Ventus_S said:
dim100 said:
Action scene decent, some explanatives, I hope they aren't gonna make flashbacks constant thing. Anyhow much better than 1st episode hopefully rating improves.

Action scene "decent" (laugh in corner)

Slideshow, hilarious and super poor animation with laughable execution and art in the Cyclops fight.
OPM S2 looks like a masterpiece if you compare to the animation of this ep2.

I think your standards a bit high then, decent doesn't mean high tier animation, the slide show fights aside, can't say OPM Season 2 did much better comparing the cyclops fight, either the fights fall under decent because their quality is the average of the industry, which is sadly just at this level for 7/10 of the animes that air.

Now if I'm wrong tell me the many other anime's that have your "decent" which should be half of the animes airing this season so I can start watching them, because I'm learning to live with my "decent."

Again not saying this anime is best of season, but gonna see if it improves from its already terrible start.
Jul 15, 2019 9:35 PM
Feb 2009
oh my vampire blonde loli hypee I need more
Jul 15, 2019 9:45 PM

Mar 2016
The pacing and storytelling has actually improved in comparison with the first episode, but it's too late at least for me. I cannot feel empathy for our main guy. I'll watch the next episode not as the story of a weak and bullied high schooler transported to another world, but instead as the story of someone who always has been a bad-ass looking for revenge, maybe if I think that way I won't dropp it for now.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Jul 15, 2019 9:56 PM
Oct 2017
00:01
"Bottom of the Abyss"
Well, that's actually isn't Made in Abyss
Jul 15, 2019 10:32 PM
Feb 2017
Swizze said:
Arp90 said:

So they changed the order a bit, wouldn't people be more mad if they changed the story from the source material? If it's just the order of the same story being told in a slightly different order I don't see why the fuss then.

Just because it still follows the story but in a different order doesn't mean it's perfect. From what I've heard, the Monogatari series tells events out of order but that's how the story is supposed to be told. However, this show is jumping from place to place and starting in places where it shouldn't start in the first place. They haven't even shown the beginning of when they were Isekai'd except in the opening for ~1 second long. I reccomend watching Digibro's part 1 and 2 on this show as to why it was a train wreck, he nails it.
Jul 15, 2019 10:35 PM

Mar 2019
BlakexEkalb said:
Swizze said:

Just because it still follows the story but in a different order doesn't mean it's perfect. From what I've heard, the Monogatari series tells events out of order but that's how the story is supposed to be told. However, this show is jumping from place to place and starting in places where it shouldn't start in the first place. They haven't even shown the beginning of when they were Isekai'd except in the opening for ~1 second long. I reccomend watching Digibro's part 1 and 2 on this show as to why it was a train wreck, he nails it.

I didn't say it was perfect, I'm just saying surely it's still better than them changing the story altogether. Perhaps if I read the source material I'd be mad as well but I haven't. At the moment I know it's far from a decent series, but I don't think it's been terrible either.
Jul 15, 2019 10:41 PM
Feb 2017
Swizze said:
BlakexEkalb said:

I didn't say it was perfect, I'm just saying surely it's still better than them changing the story altogether. Perhaps if I read the source material I'd be mad as well but I haven't. At the moment I know it's far from a decent series, but I don't think it's been terrible either.

I mean I thought the first episode was pretty bad but I enjoyed this one to an extent. I'd give it a 6/10 if it continues like this but if it was all like episode 1 then I would've probably rated it 5/10 or lower.
Jul 15, 2019 11:03 PM
Jan 2019
Well, personally, I think it was much better than the first episode, but come on, the animation is not good at all, considering that we are in 2019 ... What happened White Fox? Before you were more great. What happened to the incredible animation and effects that you gave us in Goblin Slayer? :(
Anyway, the plot got a little more interesting with the introduction of Yue, the red-eyed blonde girl who was betrayed. It is another of those characters who win your heart at the first moment by his voice 😅.

This anime is not the best of the season, but I'm curious to know how this story continues because of how well some people talk about the novel. It only remains to see how his development continues and try to enjoy it.

Ps: 1.I like that the protagonist is rude, and not a prince: v. Act with wisdom.
2. There were three spheres of mana in the entrance, but only two cyclops ... how did you open it?
3. I thought the girl was a kind of "Tersseract" Marvel, hahaha. Yue reminds me of Persia, one of the protagonists of "Kishuku Gakkou No Juliet"

Who needs a gem of infinity, when can you have a legal loli? xD.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2019

383 by Rishabh1348 »»
Mar 5, 9:52 PM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2019

103 by TsunamiYT »»
Mar 2, 6:10 AM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2019

173 by Seabury »»
Jan 14, 6:51 PM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 22, 2019

158 by Seabury »»
Jan 13, 7:04 PM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2019

171 by Mizangrh »»
Dec 26, 2023 8:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.