Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 12, 2019 12:16 PM

Jan 2016
god damn, Shishio is one hell of a guy. I kinda agree with his beliefs, tho good old people aren't bad, it's just the rich ones are pretty shit. He does feel like an antagonist, but it makes sense, Senku and Shishio have very different beliefs.
Jul 12, 2019 12:19 PM

Sep 2017
I probably shouldn't be surprised that Taiju didn't want to bring back Yuzuriha when she was naked. That's pretty in character. It saved all of their lives too because her not being revived allowed Tsukasa to be revived. I wonder if these lions are any different from the lions of old. Surely they must have evolved at least a little after almost 4000 years. Did Bucciarati just one-punch a fucking lion? How did Tsukasa know there was a girl underneath the rock? I never realized lime of all things was so useful. Senku is already wary of this new overpowered guy. He's smart in more ways than one, clearly. Wonder what that fourth method was. Senku isn't one to make a mistake like that. Is it the crossbow he was seen making, maybe to fight back against Tsukasa? Looks like we got ourselves an antagonist. Tsukasa's motivation is really understandable, like Thanos', almost. His point of view is something you can understand but not necessarily side with. I love that in an antagonist.
Jul 12, 2019 12:22 PM
Mar 2019
The first awakening! I'm 10 billion percent hyped!

The animation cut for the first awakening was kind of lackluster in my opinion, having not read the manga I'm not sure if I should be expecting intense action sequences or not.

I'm glad they didn't wake up Yuzihara yet, it would have left Taiju's character motivation rather dry

I love how annoyed Senkuu gets from Taiju's dumb answers. Their chemistry in comedic value is great.

TMS knows how to set atmosphere so well! The backdrops in this series are up to par with some other series in their catalog. Kind of makes me want to watch Orange tonight.

Weebover9000 said:
TMS is doing this and fruits basket so much justice with adapting! Im falling in love with this studio

Can't sleep on TMS! Fruits Basket is one of my favorites from the spring season

Interesting to note Senkuu doesn't exactly trust Tsukasa yet. The dynamics between Senkuu and Tsukasa will be interesting as the series progresses. A clash in ideology but forced to work together in order to survive. Tsukasa is so stoic about purifying the world, can't blame him after that heart wrenching backstory.

Luiz_Correa said:
The Tarzan dude is just a edgy teenager. Change my mind.

That's a hot take I can't side with

Gytanzo said:
Looks like we got ourselves an antagonist. Tsukasa's motivation is really understandable, like Thanos', almost. His point of view is something you can understand but not necessarily side with. I love that in an antagonist.

Couldn't agree more

Jus1294 said:
Nice to being able to see Tsukasa soon. I like me some buff Light Yagami.

What have you done!? I will never be able to un-see this -___-

ED is super chill, I ten billion percent need to add that to my spotify library

HereticHunter said:

I'm still not buying that forced comedy with overly exaggerated faces, its the same as Kimetsu no Yaiba (Although the latter is starting to get better on that regard)

I'm really starting to enjoy the comedy of KnY as well. Zenitsu pissed me off at first but he has grown on me, especially once Inosuke was introduced into the fold; but I have to disagree with you in regards to Dr. Stone. I thought the comedy has landed quite well over these first two episodes. It's almost like what Magmel of the Sea Blue wanted to be but never could
KidLeafJul 12, 2019 12:40 PM
Jul 12, 2019 12:22 PM

Feb 2016
Well, world building is really interesting. I like that. Seems like Senku revived Kars lol, Probably he felt from space just when this "Stoning" stuff happened XD. Now for real, it seems like Tsukasa is indeed a dangerous being.

I'm still not buying that forced comedy with overly exaggerated faces, its the same as Kimetsu no Yaiba (Although the latter is starting to get better on that regard)

3.5/5
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Jul 12, 2019 12:23 PM

Dec 2018
Nice, a new character who also happens to be the antagonist. Senku creating things out of shells was cool.
Jul 12, 2019 12:51 PM

Oct 2017
Tsukasa probably will be main antagonist.
I'm wondering how Taiju and Senkuu will defend against him or idk avoid? I've hope that they will rescue Yuruziha in next ep :D
Jul 12, 2019 1:09 PM

Feb 2016
@LeafJonin

Its probably a matter of time until I get used to it.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Jul 12, 2019 1:14 PM

Apr 2015
Great episode, comedy is just to my liking. Tsukaka has been revived to get Senku & Taiju out of trouble with those lions, and jeez Tsukasa is strong. Interesting episode, the progression they are making, with Senku's knowledge is just amazing. So far I am not disappointed. Now we need Yuzuriha revived.
Jul 12, 2019 1:21 PM

Oct 2017
Surprisingly good, even better than premiere episode. I admit that this new character Tsukasa brings a lot of dynamic to dialogues and action. Just can't wait for girls! I hope that in next episode they will woke up at least one of them.
The Young Noble of the Field is currently watching - Diamond no Ace: Act II
Misugi-kun is also reading - Kanojo, Okarishimasu
Jul 12, 2019 1:22 PM

Oct 2010
They made it too obvious that Tsukasa is gonna be evil
Jul 12, 2019 1:30 PM

Apr 2015
SOOOOOOOOOOOOO many hints in this episode for what to expect. if you missed it:

1. Senku's rant about bureaucracy.
2. Shishio's rant about adults rotting the future of children for their own benefit
and finally 3. the dufus's tiny rant about yuzuriha preferring Shishio over him. this is actually the biggest hint out of all of them. btw this is called hypergamy.

hypergamy is an instinct that all females have and this is to find the best protector and provider for her and the children. the problem with hypergamy is that men cannot be at their top shape at all times. once the male is no longer performing, or simply she's just feeling lonely, she will do this thing called monkey-branching to a higher status male. basically cheating. what's even more interesting is that the male version of hypergamy is dominance. men basically compete to be at the top. they compete so that they could get the female as the prize. or at least that's how nature programmed males and females to be.

now let me present to you in what the red pill community calls "the 80-20 rule". due to hypergamy, females only want the top 20% of males. and no, this isn't something I pulled out of my ass. this is very easy to prove. no female, especially educated females would prefer that guy at the mcdonalds doing crew staff work earning minimum wage. because it is deeply wired in their nature that a mcdonalds crew will never provide the ideal environment for her and the children. the problem with this is "what about the bottom 80% of men then? they have needs too.". Well, if history is any indication, men would go far and wide and do so many atrocious things in the name of pussy. The spanish regime of 1500-1600s would be a great example. the conquered countries had their women placed as war brides and rape slaves.

and of course that ending. conflict of interest already! and they are just 3 of them. If Yuzuriha revives, who do you think will stand as the top 20% and bottom 80%?
>I had no brain when I was 12
>Then everyone must had no brain when they were 12
>I experimented 100 samples and proved that they had no brain when they were 12
>Therefore children cannot consent

This is what science has done to humanity.
Jul 12, 2019 1:34 PM

Apr 2015
nightcrawlercyp said:
Really good episode , the methods to use shells are usable in real life and I kinda agree with the new guy pov. Bringing the adults back is a good idea. Trouble is you cannot decide which is worth bringing back and which not by yourself. Also can you guess the four use of calcium carbonate?
Based on the reaction is used for weapons, apparently in blast furnaces

I'm leaning more on gunpowder or something explosives.

Jul 12, 2019 1:39 PM

Apr 2017
Another good episode. Tsukasa seems a bit suspicious, but I think this episode showed his real thoughts.
Jul 12, 2019 1:50 PM

Dec 2011
Seems like the fourth use of calcium carbonate might be dangerous for Senku to reveal in front of Shishio. What could it be? I guess I'll need to look that up.

The episode as a whole wasn't as exciting, or should I say "exhilarating." Repetitive phrases and this odd sense of humor aren't really my thing to be honest. They also want to talk logic and science, yet there is that alternate universe Kars outrunning giant boars and one-punching a lion (I know it's a sci-fi but come on), but okay... I'll give this show a chance.

What is more, it was obvious that they wouldn't revive Yuzuriha that early in the game but, hell, I would like to see what happens when she finally wakes up. I do hope that she isn't as perfect as Taiju thinks to himself. Might as well be a pipe dream of mine of course.

And oh golly does Taiju scream a lot.
Jul 12, 2019 1:53 PM

Apr 2015
Kyoris said:

What is more, it was obvious that they wouldn't revive Yuzuriha that early in the game but, hell, I would like to see what happens when she finally wakes up.

the difference between who's red pilled and blue pilled will be crystal clear. But I'm already calling it: Senku and Taiju is definitely blue pilled while Shishio is red-pilled.

Jul 12, 2019 1:58 PM

Dec 2011
kidlat020 said:
nightcrawlercyp said:
Really good episode , the methods to use shells are usable in real life and I kinda agree with the new guy pov. Bringing the adults back is a good idea. Trouble is you cannot decide which is worth bringing back and which not by yourself. Also can you guess the four use of calcium carbonate?
Based on the reaction is used for weapons, apparently in blast furnaces

I'm leaning more on gunpowder or something explosives.

Yep, sounds good to me, too. If Shishio could blow shit up that would be a big yikes for the world, especially the loathed older generations.
Jul 12, 2019 1:59 PM

Jul 2016
Good episode. Nothing really happen drastically, just that they freed the potential or full pledged villain in Dr Stone Shishio. Taijuu is annoying as always, Senkuu pretentious as always. Overall good but weak episode.

Jul 12, 2019 2:07 PM

Mar 2013
nanashi796 said:
i think i'm the only one that hate boichi art,specially how he draws girls

I can assure you you're definitely not. The girls in this series are absolutely hideous, especially Yuzuhira. I can't stand how he keeps showing everyone's gums when they talk too.
Jul 12, 2019 2:16 PM

Jan 2010
straggy said:
nanashi796 said:
i think i'm the only one that hate boichi art,specially how he draws girls

I can assure you you're definitely not. The girls in this series are absolutely hideous, especially Yuzuhira. I can't stand how he keeps showing everyone's gums when they talk too.

apparently Boichi used to be an hentai artist lmao. Not sure if his hentai girls looked the same, but here the girl characters look so bizarre, like dolls. They look "worse" in the manga. Their designs just don't fit well against the male characters, who are drawn nicely with those striking features. It's just kinda off-putting, will take a while to get used to it.
Jul 12, 2019 2:17 PM

Mar 2013
Chickengirl said:
straggy said:

apparently Boichi used to be an hentai artist lmao. Not sure if his hentai girls looked the same, but here the girl characters look so bizarre, like dolls. They look "worse" in the manga. Their designs just don't fit well against the male characters, who are drawn nicely with those striking features. It's just kinda off-putting, will take a while to get used to it.

Yeah, I read some of the manga. I had to stop for my own sanity after there were stone age wedge high heels.
Jul 12, 2019 2:20 PM
Apr 2018
Damn Tsukasa, don't you know you're supposed to eat the rich?
Jul 12, 2019 2:25 PM

May 2009
Ultimate Kars got back to earth
Jul 12, 2019 2:29 PM

Apr 2017
I'm loving this already! Well, I loved the first episode, but this episode felt like... more interesting. I like the ideology clash between Senkuu and Tsukasa (anime Tarzan lol); honestly, I agree with Tsukasa's idea of being careful while reviving the civilization.

Taiju has been bugging me a bit with his screams, but I like his character as much as the others. Tsukasa was interesting, though his nickname was pretty conventional for this kind of setting.

I'm loving the things this anime is teaching, and I'm glad because I love chemistry.

The animation was very good, I expected a slideshow after the first episode, but I was not disappointed!

The ED's visuals are a bit weird, but I love the song (I'm kinda addicted to it).

Looking forward to the next episode!
No community will be as misunderstood as the furry community. Uh... I guess?
Jul 12, 2019 2:35 PM
Sep 2018
Did we seriously need a 2 minute recap of last episode...that better not be how long the recaps are for every episode.

As for Tsukasa, I don't really like his character. I understand suspension of disbelief is a thing, but from an anime that is trying to be grounded in science I cant help but do a double take when a high school aged kid is killing a lion in one punch. On top of that his reasoning for not wanting adults to get revived is extremely childish to the point where it makes even the worst shonen antagonist seem deep and well developed. I understand it's just a way for there to be a disagreement in morals between him and Senku, but I feel it could have been handled better, just look at Lord of the Flies as an example of how to have better inter-group struggles amounts young boys.

Gonna hold out for another episode and if it doesn't sit well with me I'll probably drop this show, which is a shame since this and Fire Force were the only two shows of this season that stood out to me.
Jul 12, 2019 2:54 PM
Apr 2016
The ED is so weird!
Jul 12, 2019 2:54 PM

Sep 2018
I don't read the manga, I have that feeling about Tsukasa, in the future revive him, will becomes a big big mistake.
I keep moving forward
Jul 12, 2019 3:11 PM

Jan 2011
I legit think the new guy is a Darwinist.

Good episode overall and the show has been fun so far. I love the science and the use of logic to solve problems.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Jul 12, 2019 3:12 PM
Jun 2016
I can kind of see Tsukasa's view but man I would be f****d if this were reality. I'm 41 and would be destroyed rather than saved because of his trauma with adults. I mean he can one shot a lion. Just save everyone and then weed out the bad seeds.
Jul 12, 2019 3:12 PM

Jan 2011
AnimeJunky said:
I sort of agree with Tsukasa. Certain people do not need to be brought back.

Same. Would have been nice if Senku agreed with him too.

Too bad.
Jul 12, 2019 3:26 PM

Jan 2017
This Shishio donny just screams ulterior motive like, can you not! I gotta say though, this premise has really got me interested so I cant wait for what's to come
Jul 12, 2019 3:29 PM
Dec 2014
From the first two episodes, I have high expectations for this show.

Watched them back to back, and I haven't been so excited in ~5 years off an Anime.

Has the power to be a classic and I hope they stray far away from cliches in terms of "drama". As of now it's written nicely but it's too early on to tell.

This can go so many routes and I'm interested to see if they pick the easiest one...

The 4th is poison so it seems this is being heavily foreshadowed already.

9/10
BlindSniperJul 12, 2019 3:32 PM
Jul 12, 2019 3:34 PM

Apr 2016
Another awesome episode. Tsukasa gave me a villain vibe so idk if he will cause trouble later on because of his belief.
Jul 12, 2019 3:35 PM

Oct 2008
This was an excellent episode, already better than the first episode! and more intense!
5/5.

Jul 12, 2019 3:53 PM

Oct 2017
Honestly, for a show that try to be "practical and intelligent", it is hard to take this serie seriously because of many glaring story direction.

First, Dr. Stone has woken up for more than half a year, so tell me, why has he never encountered any lions before he encounter the other guy? Lions are territorial creatures, so they don't just wonder off somewhere out of their territory.
If he had encountered lions before, he shouldn't have this type of reaction, and according to his intelligence, if he escaped, one would have assume he already figure out ways to combat those lions, like develop some sort of weapon. But from this episode these hardly seem the case. Lions conveniently show up out of nowhere right when they try to have any progression in the story.

Second, having a "high schooler" combat a Lion with bare fist and kill it in one punch is stupidly illogical and hard to take this serie seriously anymore.

Also 2 min 15 seconds of recap in just the second episode?
I don't even...
Ventus_SJul 12, 2019 4:00 PM
Jul 12, 2019 4:06 PM

Apr 2015
yes, this is really the basic plot they decided to go with while having such an interesting premise. luckily they unleashed it right in the second episode, so saved my time.
Jul 12, 2019 4:12 PM
Dec 2018
Hatsuyuki said:
definitely the same energy

The born of the new pillarman #DrStoneBizarreAdventure
Jul 12, 2019 4:13 PM

Oct 2011
Kinda hard to figure out where this show will end in the manga. Pretty sure this arc will end at episode 6 but 6 episodes aren't enough to cover the arc that follows.
At least you'll meet
in the second arc

EDIT: Just noticed the total episode count is not announced so if it's 24 episodes we'll cover the second arc as well.

Jul 12, 2019 4:17 PM

Aug 2014
kidlat020 said:
Yuzuriha revives, who do you think will stand as the top 20% and bottom 80%?
TheDiabolicEsperJul 12, 2019 4:21 PM

Jul 12, 2019 4:19 PM

Feb 2019
I'll keep watching because it's an easy watch, but I don't know, this didn't ressonate with me much. The story so far seems a bit lacking and the characters seem to be just there for the one same type of gag. It's true this is a two cours show, so there's a lot of more time to establish the characters and develop the story, but we're only on episode two and the gags are already getting old.
Jul 12, 2019 4:20 PM

Aug 2014
Ventus_S said:
Honestly, for a show that try to be "practical and intelligent", it is hard to take this serie seriously because of many glaring story direction.

First, Dr. Stone has woken up for more than half a year, so tell me, why has he never encountered any lions before he encounter the other guy? Lions are territorial creatures, so they don't just wonder off somewhere out of their territory.
If he had encountered lions before, he shouldn't have this type of reaction, and according to his intelligence, if he escaped, one would have assume he already figure out ways to combat those lions, like develop some sort of weapon. But from this episode these hardly seem the case. Lions conveniently show up out of nowhere right when they try to have any progression in the story.

Second, having a "high schooler" combat a Lion with bare fist and kill it in one punch is stupidly illogical and hard to take this serie seriously anymore.

Also 2 min 15 seconds of recap in just the second episode?
I don't even...

yeah true.hes basically budget superman. but if u can get past these inconsistencies the series is enjoyable
TheDiabolicEsperJul 12, 2019 5:34 PM

Jul 12, 2019 4:28 PM

Sep 2014
just as I thought this would get interesting they have someone who punches lions to death while naked
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jul 12, 2019 4:48 PM
Feb 2009
lol never knew tarzan was this strong
Jul 12, 2019 4:56 PM

May 2018
That went fast, it was as fun as last episode. I can't wait to see 3rd one.

ED is pretty catchy and good, through visually OP is better.
Jul 12, 2019 4:57 PM
Jul 2016
Weebover9000 said:
papsoshea said:
Tarzan is revived, he runs faster than giant wild boars and can one shot lions lol this is a series that requires a larger than a normal suspension of disbelief, even for a shounen sci-fi - still will give the show time to answer a lot of glaring questions but I do feel most won't. But still, it is fun, goofy, and the ideas it is presenting are intriguing.

I mean ,this isnt the first time weve had overpowered high shcoolers doing overpowered things. Its at least mentioned that hes overpowered by Senku in the episode. Dont know why Dr.Stone gets flack for it but other anime with overpowered highschoolers dont. It honestly bugs me

Suspension of disbelief comes with the premise of the plot. The main premise of this story is to use science as a means to xyz, so now as a viewer we assume logic/science is the way to resolve issues and calcium carbonate + chemical x = problem solved.

When you then see a 14year old punch a giant lion 50 feet back instantly killing it, it all gets shattered and its now weird to watch. If you saw it in Steins Gate for example, it wouldn't make sense because of the premise.

Other anime they're already carrying a 200ft long sword on their back or shooting flames out of their hands, so one shotting a lion is not that hard to believe
Jul 12, 2019 5:03 PM

Mar 2010
Enjoying the way how well the character play off each other. Tsukasa does present an interesting point, but ultimately it's just sophist logic. Makes good starting point for a potential villain tho.
Jul 12, 2019 5:12 PM

Jun 2015
The goosebumps is real..!! The adaptation is amazing so far. I hope it continues to be consistently good.
Jul 12, 2019 5:31 PM

Jul 2012
Who the hell is that MAN? DID HE JUST KILL A LION WITH HIS BARE HANDS?

I'm not familiar with source so that took me by surprise. I don't mind though, it was already kinda weird, so why not make it even more unusual?

I like how Senku is explaining the stuff he's doing, like uses of Calcium Carbonate.

So far it's interesting, and I have no idea what to expect.
Awesome signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 12, 2019 5:32 PM

Jun 2015
i'm feeling like this super strong guy who kill lions with his bare hands is gonna be a slight villain
Jul 12, 2019 5:33 PM

Jan 2013
i like that Tarzan boy's hair looks like Illuso's lol
Jul 12, 2019 5:36 PM
Nov 2018
Senku spoke the first lie of the new world. And Tsukasa committed the first murder. Peace was fun while it lasted. From now on, endless conflict - which I expect will be settled by rock-paper-scissors. Or rock-leaf-seashell, rather. Oh, the barbarity.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2019

178 by EarthWoven »»
May 15, 4:25 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Syureria - Dec 13, 2019

337 by Colonel-Maskou »»
May 14, 1:58 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2019

276 by Rob7 »»
May 13, 7:17 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2019

163 by Mabaya »»
May 4, 7:40 AM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 5, 2019

486 by bubba460z »»
May 2, 7:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.