Forum Settings
Forums

What's an anime that doesn't get talked about much, or even at all, that you really love?

New
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jul 14, 2019 5:14 AM
Mar 2015
- Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - Everyone talks about the movie. I personally liked this better than the movie
- Seirei no Moribito: It is a great fantasy show with well developed characters, really well animated action scenes and a nice ending. I think it is not as popular as some other shows because it is mostly slice of life and people think thats boring.
Jul 14, 2019 5:17 AM

Mar 2015
The fact that no one cares about Tsuritama makes me sad. Hell even the fujo community is glossing over it even though there's plenty of potential ships.
Jul 14, 2019 6:19 AM

Jul 2016
Despite having a good build up story and romcom dramatic vibes, Cross Game doesn't get enough popularity. That kinda makes me sad since it's one of my top 3 anime.
Besides cross game, Flanders no Inu also should have higher rating and popularity. Why? Because personally, i think that kind of story (Flanders no Inu) is the one that can resonate with everyone hears, not like any other sad anime out there.

Jul 14, 2019 6:31 AM

Jul 2016
Arkab said:
Saint Seiya here. It honestly pains me to see the little amount of people talking about it or at least mentioning it around here. It's one of the most classic shounens of all time yet people act like it doesn't exist, as opposed to his "brother" Dragon Ball.

Though I think it's understandable when it was never ever a thing in English speaking markets, and the fanbase virtually only comes from the Latinsphere (Latinamerica + France, Spain, Italy and Portugal).

Ikr. Although it's one of the most entertaining old franchise, it doesn't get talked as much as dragon ball, eventough they came at the same year (1986) and have a lot of adaption (game, anime sequel/spinoff, etc). Even i wonder why. The same thing happens with YuuYuu Hakusho. It is HxH senpai but it doesn't get enough popularity as much as his kouhai

Jul 14, 2019 6:31 AM

Jun 2019
An anime that I found really special is The Pet Girl of Sakurasou, that doesn't seem to get much attention or praise. Another is Nisekoi.

Tuturu ;-)
Jul 14, 2019 6:35 AM

Jul 2016
23feanor said:
An anime that I found really special is The Pet Girl of Sakurasou, that doesn't seem to get much attention or praise. Another is Nisekoi.

Tuturu ;-)

Actually, Sakurasou does get much attention, since it's one of the anime that is recommended for a newcomer in anime, so does Nisekoi. That waifu war is exactly what makes Nisekoi popular until these days.

Jul 14, 2019 10:21 AM
Jul 2018
It would be impossible to discover those myself

Oh! Edo Rocket (3332 users)
Neo Ranga (1784 users)
Divergence Eve (3063 users)
After War Gundam X (10683 users yet least popular Gundam series. I only discovered it because of the scriptwriter)
Snow Queen (511 users, last Dezaki/Sugino collaboration)
Hakugei Densetsu (519 users, same but made in 1997)
Space Pirate Mito (467 users, one of the best and funniest scifi )

Jul 14, 2019 10:28 AM

Mar 2016
I guess, for me, it would be:
Shinreigari
xxxHolic
Sarazanmai
Doukyuusei
Natsume Yuujinchou

The three in the middle are my three of my favourites, so I find it quite sad that not many people talk about them, but I guess people like what they like and they are not obligated to like the same things as me.
Jul 14, 2019 11:34 AM

Sep 2018
Welcome to the NHK and Trigun are some of my most favorite anime ever, and besides being positively recieved by anime fans, especially older ones, but you don’t hear about them much, which is a shame. These anime mean a lot to me

A few others
Harou Musuko
Popee the Performer
Alien Nine
Gunsmith cats
Tetsuwan Birdy
Jul 14, 2019 11:34 AM

Jul 2015

Mostly these two, Don't Leave Me Alone Daisy and Kasumin, I loved these 2 series, they were fun to watch but very rarely considered or talked about.
Jul 14, 2019 11:36 AM

Aug 2015
Interstellar 5555
Rose of Versailles
But I get these more like less accessible anime which is fine. Also this question has been asked a million times.

Jul 14, 2019 11:41 AM
May 2014
Anime series I haven't heard being talked about for a while are:

- Made in Abyss
- Mononoke
- Saraiya Goyou / House of Five Leaves
- Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu
Jul 14, 2019 11:43 AM

May 2017
Saiki Kusuo no Ψ-nan
Silver Spoon
Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru
Jul 14, 2019 4:24 PM

Dec 2017
Kare Kano and Kyousougiga come to mind. Such wonderful series

Why don’t we become monsters and really mess up this awful world? Just destroy until there’s no more evil, no more sadness, no more anything…
Wouldn’t that be great?

Jul 14, 2019 4:28 PM

Oct 2017
91 DAYS!!!

It is a great anime, a setting from the 1920s in the USA to the Japanese xD.
Jul 14, 2019 5:10 PM

Apr 2011
HopefulNihilist said:
Ultimate Survivor Kaiji: it has more of a cult following, and isn't too well known an anime, which is surprising: considering how Kakegurui is a popular gambling show, you'd think that Kaiji would be popular too, especially when the anime community always seems to be craving for an intense anime, and Kaiji is off-the-walls intense.

They would rather watch cute girls gamble, than a guy that show his true emotions. Kaiji is so underrated man.
Jul 14, 2019 5:27 PM

Feb 2008
- Houseki no Kuni (Guess not many people like pure CGI anime)
- Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas (Imo better than lots of popular shounens)
- Eve no Jikan (Very nice mix of sci fi and slice of life with a touch of cyberpunk, pretty unique )
- Juuni Kokuki (Old isekai with very big scope and develops nicely, sadly will never be completed and starts kinda meh)
- Gungrave (Great mafia story, one of the few animes that broke me emotionally, gets kinda crazy towards the end)
Jul 14, 2019 5:30 PM
Apr 2014
Eve no Jikan
I don't remember seeing it mentioned anywhere even though it has a nice score here on MAL

Edit: ^Ninja'd
Jul 14, 2019 5:31 PM
Apr 2018
Ryuseishun said:
Symphogear series needs more love, ngl :P
Came here to say this too! Although, I'm having a hard time pinning down the target audience of Symphogear, outside of "me".
Jul 14, 2019 6:01 PM

Apr 2015
I'm gonna go with Houseki no Kuni, I love it, and while it does have a good score (not that it matters) no one really talks about it. The 3D CGI was nice imo.
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Jul 14, 2019 6:44 PM

Jul 2015
For me it's:

Guyver:Bio Booster Armor
Records of a Lodoss War
Flip Flappers
Kyousougiga
Descending Stories Rakugo
Space Battleship Yamamoto 2199
Brighter Than the Dawning Blue
Altair: A Record of Battles
Jul 14, 2019 7:54 PM
Jul 2018
Seirei no Moribito for me, I just love this anime and it's not mentioned as much as I hope.
Jul 14, 2019 8:16 PM

Apr 2016
I think attack on titan doesn't get enough attention it gets. Like i can't even see any thread being talked about it its crazy.
Jul 14, 2019 9:14 PM

Oct 2017
Definitely kyousougiga, was an interesting watch.
Jul 15, 2019 12:52 AM
Mar 2014
Baki: The Grappler
Everyone must watch the Speck
Can't have a Rainbow with REYN, BABY!
Jul 15, 2019 12:55 AM
Jul 2018
Katanagatari. Such a fantastic story, but criminally underwatched.
Jul 15, 2019 8:21 AM
Community Mod
+ Manga DB Staff

Feb 2017
Mahoujin Guruguru is one of the, if not the, anime that made me laugh the most. Although I was initially turned down by the art, which probably was the reason not many people watched it, it turned out to be a hidden gem and a genius parody. Only a very small amount of people have watched it.
Jul 15, 2019 8:30 AM

Aug 2018
Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru
xxxHOLiC
Koi wa Ameagari no You ni
Yagate Kimi ni Naru
Boogiepop wa Warawanai (2019)
Liz to Aoi Tori
Jul 15, 2019 8:33 AM
Feb 2019
Run with the wind
and maybe a place further than the universe ?
Jul 15, 2019 8:42 AM
Oct 2017
Don't remember when was the last time I saw SKET Dance mentioned in these threads so, yeah.

Also Tentai Senshi Sunred.
Mirai said:
The fact that no one cares about Tsuritama makes me sad. Hell even the fujo community is glossing over it even though there's plenty of potential ships.

Tsuritama was wholesome. Really liked it. There are many people who liked it but I guess most sol anime aren't remembered that well, unless drama.
Jul 15, 2019 9:25 AM
Jul 2018
Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water

To Heart (original 1999 anime—don’t care for its sequels)

Kokoro Library

Kodocha

Cutie Honey F (most underrated Cutie Honey anime ever)
Jul 15, 2019 1:29 PM
Feb 2014
These anime deserve more attention:

Ai no Wakakusa Monogatari + the sequel Wakakusa Monogatari: Nan to Jo-sensei

Alps Monogatari: Watashi no Annette

Anime 80-nichikan Sekai Isshuu

Brave 10

Cheer Danshi!!

Donten ni Warau

Full Moon wo Sagashite

Hanasakeru Seishounen

Inu x Boku SS

Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi

Karneval

Katsugeki/Touken Ranbu

Kobato

Kuragehime

Level E

Lovely Complex

Makiba no Shoujo Katri

Matantei Loki Ragnarok

Mawaru Penguindrum

Nanatsu no Umi no Tico

Ojamajo Doremi + the sequels Sharp, Motto! and Dokkaan!

Puchi Puri Yuushi

Rockman.EXE + the sequels Axess, Stream, Beast and Beast+

Servamp

Shaman King

Shin Shirayuki-hime Densetsu Prétear

Shoukoku no Altair

Sugar Sugar Rune

Tegamibachi + the sequel Tegamibachi Reverse

Tenshi ni Narumon!

Touken Ranbu: Hanamaru + the sequel Zoku Touken Ranbu: Hanamaru

Tsubasa Chronicle + the sequel Tsubasa Chronicle 2nd Season

Weiß Kreuz

My Shoujo, Josei and Female targeted anime adaptations starting from 2017+ stacks:

Part 1: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9181
Part 2: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9195
Part 3: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9225
Part 4: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9280
Jul 15, 2019 1:39 PM
Mar 2018
Ano Natsu de Matteru

One of my favourites of all time.
Jul 15, 2019 2:44 PM

Dec 2012
KruszerJul 15, 2019 2:53 PM
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Jul 16, 2019 12:39 PM

Nov 2017
I feel it'd be nice if more people knew about Dirty Pair *le sigh*
Jul 16, 2019 1:03 PM

Jul 2019
If what you mean by talked about is popularity, then I think that Ashita no Joe is pretty unknown, even though it's normal because it's quite old. Some of the replies to this thread mentions animes with over 100 of thousands of members which is quite a lot if you think about it so I'm not sure what you mean by not talked about, Ashita no Joe in some extent can be considered popular because the anime version has like 40k in popularity, but when searching it on Youtube only small channels talk about it (under 1k subscribers). And I do believe that anime channels help grow out some popularity to some animes as a majority of teens watching anime do watch youtube too and will probably search more info on anime onto Youtube. I remember when watching my first animes I'd go on Youtube search for more interesting animes and found Gigguk's channel, and saw some of the "why you should watch 'X' anime" from super eyepatch wolf. It may be just speculations but I believe it's true. In the end I believe that only recent animes (last year up to now) get talked about consistently because they are the most recents. I may have misinterpreted the question a bit but I hope this is a good answer. Also go check out Ashita no Joe anybody reading this, it's great!

Jul 16, 2019 1:33 PM

Jan 2014
Nana, Hana yori dango, and Maison Ikkoku. All so good ;-;
☆・。・。☆・(* ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ~Aphotic ☆・。・。☆・゜
Jul 16, 2019 1:43 PM

Mar 2017
kiseijuu, it's actually famous and has a pretty high score here in mal, but i rarely see people talking about it
Jul 16, 2019 2:04 PM

Mar 2016
Quite a few actually:

- 91 Days
- Golden Kamuy
- Hyouge Mono
- Kyou kara Ore wa
- Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans
- Rurouni Kenshin
- Slam Dunk
- Souten Kouro
Jul 16, 2019 2:26 PM

May 2019
Quite a few Chinese ONA I can name, Xiao Lu he Xiao lin
Ma dao zu shi a few more
Hakata tonkotsu ramens is very underrated imo
Akatsuki no yona is another incredible one that isn’t really hyped up that much (maybe it’s because of female MC, I know a few people who are bothered by that for some reason)
Jul 16, 2019 2:31 PM

Jun 2019
Simple - Koi Kaze.

Koi Kaze now, Koi Kaze tomorrow, Koi Kaze forever. 100,000x over.

GlennMagusHarvey said:
At some point I was known to some people as "that person who talks about Kiddy Grade".

That's interesting as since coming here, I've known you as "that person who talks about Beatless". And wouldn't want it any other way.
Jul 16, 2019 4:59 PM

May 2009
WatchTillTandava said:
Simple - Koi Kaze.

Koi Kaze now, Koi Kaze tomorrow, Koi Kaze forever. 100,000x over.

GlennMagusHarvey said:
At some point I was known to some people as "that person who talks about Kiddy Grade".

That's interesting as since coming here, I've known you as "that person who talks about Beatless". And wouldn't want it any other way.
Haha, I think there's a handful of shows for which I'm the only person who talks about them.

Also thank you all of you for reminding me of my backlog all these great shows that I have PTW'd at some point but probably forgotten about in terms of stuff to pick from when thinking of what to watch.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Jul 16, 2019 5:09 PM

Jul 2017
Ryuseishun said:
I second this. Just recently got into the world of Symphogear and that shit is amazing, it really deserves more recognition for sure.
Jul 16, 2019 5:11 PM

Jul 2016
Whisper of the Heart, one of the most underrated films ever
Jul 16, 2019 5:43 PM

May 2009
WaterLord said:
Ryuseishun said:
I second this. Just recently got into the world of Symphogear and that shit is amazing, it really deserves more recognition for sure.
I think the first season is a little ehh sometimes but I recently finished the second season which I enjoyed a lot more.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Jul 16, 2019 5:46 PM

Feb 2010
I feel like the ones not mentioned even here really take the cake. :P

Anyways, I'm going to throw Hikaru no Go.
It might have been talked about in its time, but I wasn't around (nor was MAL).
Jul 16, 2019 6:09 PM

Jul 2017
GlennMagusHarvey said:
WaterLord said:
I think the first season is a little ehh sometimes but I recently finished the second season which I enjoyed a lot more.
Yeah, i liked all the other seasons a lot more than the first one as well. It only gets better from season to season.
Jul 16, 2019 6:25 PM
Jul 2018
*Mario voice "here we go!"*
Ao no 6-gou
Fushigi Yuugi
Kaiji
Hoozuki no Reitetsu
Howl no Ugoku Shiro
Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru
Koi wa Ameagari no You ni
Sakamichi no Apollon
Saraiya Goyou
Tanaka-kun wa Itsumo Kedaruge
Tsuritama
Jul 16, 2019 6:34 PM

May 2018
Golden Kamuy - but on the bright side the new season (3) has just been announced. Asirpa is one of my favourite characters too :D

Jul 16, 2019 6:34 PM

Apr 2015
Would love Tsurune or Chihayafuru to get some love c:

Although we part as I leave for Inaba,
where pines grow on the moutain peaks
If I am to hear that you pine for me
I shall come back to you again
Hyakunin Isshu (小倉百人一首):
Poem #16 "Tachiwakare"
©
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Do you guys pretend to hate anime? ( 1 2 )

APolygons2 - Yesterday

54 by APolygons2 »»
16 minutes ago

» Your biggest why …?

Yonahim_Zz - 1 hour ago

5 by SaiteiDaOrette »»
28 minutes ago

» Are you involved in any fandom activity?

RobertBobert - May 10

40 by MasterTasuke »»
36 minutes ago

Poll: » should characters be smart or mature for you to enjoy them?

deg - 4 hours ago

10 by monsta666 »»
44 minutes ago

» mal/Confessions ( 1 2 )

NoelleIsSleepy - May 10

74 by Animeinsight101 »»
46 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.