Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]
Jun 7, 2020 5:52 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
I kinda hesitate watching this kind of Isekai. Actually, its good in the beginning, the Introduction keeps it simple as usual. Ofc the MC got so much ability in this start. The way he got powered up kinda remembering me to Bofuri, while eating that monster meat. When meeting that scenes, i thought the Bofuri do such an incredible cuteness scenery while attaching to a little girl. But, with this Hajime, i dont feel that way, obviously. Hmm. I guess its okay, nothing to complain. The only only thats serves as a plot armoured was that Holy Water. It really deserved my next level attention. Lets see how the explanations reveal more of it, rather seeing that crystal as a savior only. Oh, well, thats it. Not bad not good for the world-building too, like general type of Isekai. A dungeon, a magic kingdom, etc.

He was not gonna be my beloved MC, currently. But his raged there was understandable. The way he introduced was fine by me. The pacing for the rest of this episode was okay too, it fits so much that i don't have anything to complain. Lets see how he deal the development while seeing another human, and girls, ofc. Referencing the OP and ED animation, that would be some serious relation happen. I wonder how good that can be. The curiosity reach its max. So far its an average level of judgement, showing how 3GCGI can't help much with that monster battle. Not gonna hope much for the next episode, while seeing Hajime still levelling up soon.
badabassJun 7, 2020 5:58 AM
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 18, 2020 3:04 PM

Apr 2020
Does a good job at being bad, just like my second wife
Nov 4, 2020 10:57 AM
Nov 2020
Arifureta was one of my unexpected hook in anime. I thought the series wouldn't meet my taste but as I've done my three episode test, it got me somehow. I'm a fan of a protagonist who was common at first then turns out to be the strongest as the story goes by. That made me trust the whole process. Hajima became a different person and I think the story was a little rushed for me. It's a little similar to what happend to Ken Kaneki that made me expect a more brutal scene there. That was lame. I was a bit expectant that he'll experience hell but he suddenly discovered a way on how to survive, that was too easy for me. When his arm was cut, I think Hajima's expression doesn't feels right (just spaced out and wtf!?). I'd love to see more pain HAHA. I'd also want to rant in the second Labyrinth, God! That disappointed me big-time. I wanna see some real challenge there. But I love the weapons of Hajima, that was really dope!
Jan 23, 2021 12:45 AM

Sep 2017
Something was off... Its like they might of skipped alot of content from the light novel/manga cause this just had rushed writing all over it... other than that, probably will switch off to the manga
Jan 30, 2021 6:06 AM
Jan 2021
Anybody who discovered the novel before will understand why it does not even deserve a score of 1.
The novel being one of the absolute best in the genre, this thing is an insult. Very few other work reached a similar level in writing, the original work was superior to ln like shield hero, comparable to Moonlight Sculptor.
In the ebook, the story is full of feelings. And when I say feelings I'm not talking about vanilla love only. Just the beginning is an orgy of action, despair, rage, a sense of revolt. The main character is well made and smart.
In this TV adaptation, they tried to remodel it to fit the average standard of Japanese TV. Hero become stupidly clumsy because it's the only way this director thought was a normal reaction when the situation was not normal at all. He made the hero yell in terror to make sure he was spotted by the monster... It's ridiculous.
The music is so badly chosen it gives me the creeps. In a heavy and hard situation director decided to use a light jazz track? Seriously? Did he do this on purpose to ruin the anime because he didn't receive a bribe? This problem is recurrent in other episodes.
The 3d rendered animations are so bad it makes one want to vomit.
The rhythm of the original story was changed to fit the taste of... I have no clue who... The director? Did he even read the novel? In the novel most fights are really super intense and short... Here one of the fight last an entire episode because Mc is too busy doing nothing except yelling Yue every 5s. It's vanilla love af and because of this shit, all the tension, action, density of the novel is gone.
Yue was changed to be even more loli. What is wrong with this director? I really wish this moron actually read the book instead of a resume. It's just sad how this gem was lost on a lazy studio.

I hope somebody redo it properly one day. This anime is a grotesque moquerie of the original work
Mar 6, 2021 8:25 PM

Nov 2010
It's similar to the slime anime, but this guy is a lot more interesting since he seems like the anti-hero type, hopefully he is. The waifus are also looking nice. I'm intrigued. Looking forward for him to kill em all. haha
Mar 19, 2021 11:37 AM

Sep 2012
the beginning was Horror and survival Genre so dark atmosphere ferry unique start

MxS7HGS said:
It's similar to the slime anime, but this guy is a lot more interesting since he seems like the anti-hero type, hopefully he is. The waifus are also looking nice. I'm intrigued. Looking forward for him to kill em all. haha

also he can't swallow a giant monster hole while Rimulu Tempest can :D
Apr 4, 2021 5:44 PM

Jan 2017
Decent start for a revenge isekai, not sure yet why people ravaged this show so much
Apr 21, 2021 12:55 AM

Sep 2012
FragmantLemon said:
Decent start for a revenge isekai, not sure yet why people ravaged this show so much

u know hollywood has become political propaganda machine and Anime has not, that's the issue, cause it goes against certain narratives and some ppl just want to make none issue in to a issues

ofc sure few ppl may no like it, but if they bitch and whine and continue watching at the same time then u know in witch group they belong to

how he started woke up alone its like he stepped right in to a horror movie that until he started eating monsters
May 27, 2021 5:12 AM

May 2020
Well I just think this progressing main character is unimaginable.
Oct 7, 2021 6:48 AM
Sep 2019
My experience was boosted because I watched skipped content(How Hajime Became So OP) by the Youtube channel Aninews where Hajime's struggle was REALLY explained there!
Jan 5, 2022 8:59 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
You know what’s weird? I feel like nothing much happened this episode but, at the same time, it felt like 3 or 4 episodes worth of content breezed by.

I can see why this is hated so much already, lol.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jan 19, 2022 11:50 PM
Apr 2020
what was happening lmao the pacing is all over the place, it feels so rushed too
Jan 25, 2022 8:37 AM
Stellaron Hunter

Oct 2020
Animation and CGI are dreadful and pacing is all over the place that explains the low score.
Incessant Rain

“Can you let me have some fun this time?”

May 30, 2022 2:36 AM

Jul 2015
Turned out well for edgy isekai 'Kaneki' but probably not the wisest thing to eat raw monster meat. Not the best start with out of order events and Nagumo going from whiny kid to tough guy in a matter of seconds.

Jun 20, 2022 11:02 AM

Apr 2013
I heard this show is not very good and the first episode was... okay I guess? Him making a pistol really came out of nowhere.
Aug 18, 2022 12:03 AM
Apr 2022
wow i never experienced such cringe just from the first ep.
Aug 29, 2022 1:34 PM
Apr 2016
Story generic, bad character progression and CGI. Lets wait to see as it's develop
Oct 1, 2022 5:47 PM
Jul 2022
There was no introduction to any characters. I had to triple check that the FIRST episode wasn't in the middle of a season. Very bad pacing so far.
Oct 27, 2022 10:50 AM
Jan 2021
It was so bad that it was funny and kinda interesting, so enjoyment wise it was OK.
Oct 31, 2022 10:17 PM

Jun 2017
How the fuck did he build a gun???
I'm interested in who hit him, but I think it might be obvious; that red-haired guy, but we'll see.
Dec 9, 2022 7:16 AM
Mar 2019
I thought that this was going into an arena of anime that I loved so it grabbed my attention and I was hooked.
Feb 20, 2023 1:17 PM
Jan 2023
E superb îl ador.

Feb 23, 2023 6:34 AM
Sep 2022
Didn't really expect it would be so hard for my boy though the first impression was definitely better than what i expected honestly.
May 28, 2023 5:50 AM
Jul 2020
Thought it was pretty good. The only problen is the shit cgi, and still is shit(im on episode 5)

Perhaps I should've read the novels instead, but oh well
Jul 5, 2023 10:31 PM
Jul 2023
Little confused at the beginning and slowly gained pace
Jul 20, 2023 4:00 AM

Dec 2020
I think I got the gist of the story but they made it so you have to like put together yourself. Also idk if I like this going to be some sort of revenge thing so far.
Aug 28, 2023 10:28 AM
Jun 2023
bringing guns to a magic fight!!
Aug 30, 2023 1:50 AM

Dec 2018
Time skipping can be useful in a narrative but only if it's done well and has a reason for it. Here there was no reason, it was excessive, and it was jarring. Very poor directing.
Sep 4, 2023 2:30 PM
Jul 2023
Really cliche, I know it was just your average isekai power fantasy but I was hoping they'd do something special ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Oct 9, 2023 1:12 PM

Nov 2013
Wow, what a fucked up way to direct the first episode, compared to the novel (which already isn't the greatest).
You all need to watch Nami.

Nov 27, 2023 1:41 AM
Dec 2022
Edgy mc-revenge head powers up through a terrible plot contrivance. Going but what's shown, who cares about the planning of the MC to kill monsters stronger than him, just edge, revenge and good-ol stat page.
Nov 29, 2023 6:31 PM

Nov 2023
Welp, I don't like bullies. I hope this guy will get that guy who bullied him soon.
Mar 5, 9:52 PM
Nov 2023
The story was good but the graphics were to bad so I recommend you to watch this show in 720p if you didn't watch this show in high quality so you will hate it because of its 3D graphics and animation
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2019

103 by TsunamiYT »»
Mar 2, 6:10 AM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2019

173 by Seabury »»
Jan 14, 6:51 PM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 22, 2019

158 by Seabury »»
Jan 13, 7:04 PM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2019

171 by Mizangrh »»
Dec 26, 2023 8:18 AM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2019

89 by WELLERM »»
Nov 29, 2023 6:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.