Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 6, 2019 6:18 PM

Nov 2016
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Aside from the classic opening scene, was this really One Piece? Changes were announced and we all expected them. Other arcs also showcased a certain flair at the beginning. However, Wano raised the bar damn high. The shift in style and tone exceeded all I could've hoped for. I love how the staff breathed life into this with an authentic note. We barely entered this arc, but this episode showed already the tremendous potential. And it's not just atmosphere and style that changed, the production value went also up. Pacing seems quite good as well and they ended exactly where it made the most sense.

5/5 episode There was so much I adored, even tho I have to admit that Zoros part was low-key the highlight. Wano hype is real and the weeks of " suffering" were worth it xD

Also cool new opening, song isn't my among my favorites, but the visuals are fire.
FMmatronJul 6, 2019 6:22 PM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 6, 2019 7:38 PM

Dec 2015
anime on hold but i saw the opening and i gotta say one piece got me hyped :p
no
Jul 6, 2019 7:38 PM

Jun 2012
What a great episode! Wano arc is looking good!
Jul 6, 2019 7:46 PM

Nov 2012
This totally made up for the dragfest that was Reverie, we start Wano strong boys and girls.

Love the opening, but so many spoilers.
Jul 6, 2019 7:48 PM

Aug 2015
Just finished watching it. Really good episode and I love the change of style. How long has it been since Zoro last showed up as well? Anywho I hope they keep up the quality.
Jul 6, 2019 7:50 PM

May 2017
I'm liking the art changes but the imagery sometimes feels a little blurry in my opinion.

Music is siiiiick though and so is the animation. One piece will be on my weekly anime list now for sure.
Jul 6, 2019 7:52 PM
Apr 2016
Honestly, I feel like the entire arc was spoiled to me by the new opening, haha. Holy hell, the quality, cuts, everything was goddamn GODTIER, I'm speechless, this is far better than I expected! Franky's conversation with that guy honestly felt really awkward lol, dunno. Zoro was amazing, goddamn he was so amazing! The animation was amazing too. Okay, I'm super super SUUUUPER excited! I can't wait...
Jul 6, 2019 7:57 PM

Feb 2010
One of the best episodes, loved seeing the Straw Hat's who were absent from Whole Cake Island arc(especially my 2 favorite, Robin and Zoro).
Jul 6, 2019 8:05 PM
Dec 2018
Agree to all comments above, BUT there are still issues. Like the franky conversation and many still frames. The episode felt slow af. But hey the had only like 9-10 pages for this ep to adapt. Thats not much. Hope they improve
Jul 6, 2019 8:06 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Love the episode! Absolutely LOVE it! One Piece anime is great again! ;w;

Damn! Fantastic animation, vibrant colors, and excellent Japanese traditional music! I'm also impressed with the battle animation with Zoro fighting those swordsman as the music plays in the background. So good!

I was so hyped for this arc and I'm glad this episode truly delivered. :') Oh, and the new opening has colorful dope visuals, but it spoiled too many things in it, haha! :p
Jul 6, 2019 8:09 PM

May 2018
it has been since like..... oh god..... skypeia? since i have sat through and been antsy for the next episodes, if this quality holds- the chapters that will be adapted will be soooo good. The new eyecatchers, the shamisen music, the brush like art style. Im happy i can be proud of OP again lmao.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 愛してる *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Jul 6, 2019 8:11 PM
Feb 2013
Absolutely fantastic 5/5 episode. A total breath of fresh air.
Jul 6, 2019 8:22 PM

Jun 2015
It IS a really good episode in comparison to other regular OP episodes. The art and animation were cleared bumped up a notch and it was refreshing to see. The OP was pretty decent as well and the lack of recap was delightfully welcomed. The only disruptive part of them show was the incredibly slow pacing. I despise how the characters talk slowly like they're all short a few IQ points. It must suck voice acting for One Piece and having to slow down your speech so far past normal human standards. All of them talk like that witch from Goblin Slayer. It's nauseating to watch.
Read Toriko!
Jul 6, 2019 8:32 PM

Jan 2014
ABSOLUTELY FUCKING AMAZING

Opening is fucking fire <3 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wano is gonna be so good dude omg <3 !!!!!!!!! :D :D :D
Jul 6, 2019 8:42 PM

May 2018
Finally it's begin! I'm loving this adaptations so far. Wano could be the best arc in One Piece. I never thought Kaido's dragon form would be in light blue color. Can't believe they spoil it. I can't wait to hear Kiku's voice consider that

From previous thread.
mangalicker94 said:
Gorochu said:
Finally time for Wano. Can't wait to see them animate

Dammit. Shouldn't have let me get attempted on that spoiler tag. Oh well, let's pretend I didn't see anything. To anyone else who only watch the anime - DON'T CLICK!

Looks like the spoiler I give you previously is no big deal anymore since they spoil it in the new OP. You can now rest assured.
Papa_ScorchJul 6, 2019 8:46 PM
Jul 6, 2019 8:46 PM

Aug 2009
The jump in art quality is unbelievable.
AzureFlame64Jul 6, 2019 8:52 PM
Jul 6, 2019 8:48 PM

Oct 2017
Heck yeah my man Zoro is finally back and he is looking more bad ass then ever.Like seriously he freaking killed em with a sepukku blade lol. Also Robin is looking so pretty in the geisha outfit.Thou im kinda pissed because they spoiled so much in the new op damn it.
MegamiRemJul 7, 2019 8:42 AM
Jul 6, 2019 9:05 PM

Jul 2007
Gorochu said:
Finally it's begin! I'm loving this adaptations so far. Wano could be the best arc in One Piece. I never thought Kaido's dragon form would be in light blue color. Can't believe they spoil it. I can't wait to hear Kiku's voice consider that

From previous thread.
mangalicker94 said:

Dammit. Shouldn't have let me get attempted on that spoiler tag. Oh well, let's pretend I didn't see anything. To anyone else who only watch the anime - DON'T CLICK!

Looks like the spoiler I give you previously is no big deal anymore since they spoil it in the new OP. You can now rest assured.

The opening went by pretty quick so as long as viewers don't try and disect it to much, they won't notice much and believe me the dragon is probably one of the lesser spoilers lol. There was alot more then that in that opening. But wano arc were not even half way done yet so their is plenty more revelations and spoilers left to be told in the story. How ever I kind of wonder why the studio didn't include the "Kabuki play act structure"? Or maybe they are waiting for that in a future episode.

For all who needs to know. ODA divided the wano country arc into a kabuki play like format with 5 acts total, with act 5 being the climax. He set it up this way so traditionally as you reach act 3 or 4 you will see the high peak tension and drama unfold just like a traditional kabuki theater play. In the manga we are currently still in act 2 as of now. Eventually the story will build its momentum through each act of the arc and eventually explode into a massive finale/climax with probably some of the larger impact moments of the arc.
ArtimesGamerJul 6, 2019 9:13 PM

Jul 6, 2019 9:32 PM

Oct 2017
Great ep, brilliant music(!!!), the fuinki feels so authentic, new op theme visuals are good (tho a bit spoiler-y for anime-only peeps), the Zoro fighting animation in particular is A+++ and I'm just excited for more~ 🌸🌸🌸
Jul 6, 2019 9:38 PM

Dec 2014
I don't want to be that guy...but really don't like the op...but ok let's see how it goes ..still exciting the arc
Jul 6, 2019 10:42 PM

Mar 2017
OMG! I didn't get this excited with OP for ages. Finally they improved the animation, i could risk to say that now it's on the same level as kimetsu no yaiba. Everything on it was perfect, animation, sound, pace. Hope they keeps up with this

PS:. I'm an anime guy and still watched the op. THERE'S SO MUCH SPOILER, but i don't care, still loved it LOL
Jul 6, 2019 11:34 PM

May 2015
I think I will watch this arc just for the gorgeous animation, I watch random OP episodes at times, but this part is so good that I wanted to watch it animated.
Jul 6, 2019 11:50 PM

Sep 2014
Eh didn't feel the OP at all tbh but I'm glad it's in the PV as well instead of the "We Go!" crap. The episode albeit way too sluggish had fantastic animation and OST. Some Zoro action was also desperately needed after so long and delivered. Cannot wait to see more.
Jul 7, 2019 12:34 AM

Dec 2011
This episode was quite slow but I don't mind because the animation is just so good and damn that Zoro fight sequence was just beautiful.Can't wait to see Luffy in action next episode..

The new Op is great and very spoilers.
Jul 7, 2019 12:36 AM
Oct 2012
What's this?! The last two episodes were...actually really good! It feels like I'm actually watching One Piece again. God bless!
Jul 7, 2019 12:40 AM
Jan 2019
Wow! What can I say? It's a wonder to my eyes and my ears. The beginning of this arch, was more than great. The wait, without a doubt, was worth it.
New animation, new soundtrack (ost), new intermediates, and the opening, heavens, how I love the opening! (Although it contains many spoilers such as Sanji's "raid suit" and Kaido's "akuma no mi"). Everything is wonderful to me 😁👌.

PS: 1. It's funny the aliases that the Mugiwara use to hide their identity. Franky (the carpenter, Franosuke) Ussop (the salesman, Usohachi), and I never imagined seeing Robin as a geisha (Orobi), but heavens, She is beautiful! And Zoro (Zorojuro), it looks really great! 👌 He is the one who has the samurai style ... and adopting the identity of a Ronin, much better.
2. It was obvious that the Magistrate was the cutter, I suspect from the beginning, that bastard wanted to gain fame among the people. To his bad luck, he unjustly accused Zoro and Zoro gave him his due 👏. In addition, he dared to touch with his disgusting hands the famous sword Shusui that Zoro won just in a fight. Although this will jeopardize the plan 😅. Sorry, Kinemon.
Luffy and the others could not have come at a better time.
3.I have noticed that in action scenes, they no longer try to minimize or censor blood. That's great.

This is just beginning, and I am already with the creeps of emotion. I love One Piece 😁. It will be a pleasure to follow this Arc, week by week, next to all you.
Jul 7, 2019 12:44 AM

Oct 2015
link9us said:
How ever I kind of wonder why the studio didn't include the "Kabuki play act structure"? Or maybe they are waiting for that in a future episode.

They DID include it. You can see the curtains and someone playing that guitar-like instrument, and a shot of Wano. (begins at 3:55, and lasts quite a long while) I think this is all we got in the manga, too. If I remember correctly we had no idea about the manga having a "kabuki play" structure until we got to the end of the 1st act.

---

At first I didn't really like the opening music, had to give it a few more listens to like it. Honestly, I still don't like the music that much. Feels a bit strange somehow? It's like it has some sorta shounen vibes, but really different. So it's just not that catchy, I think. The art is still beautiful, though!

Also daaamn, the opening is full of spoilers for damn sure. The very first second shows Luffy in chains. That's crazy!

It's weird how recently every single time I imagined someone having a kind of hair color, or basically the "dragon's" color, I was always wrong, because Oda imagines them completely differently. I thought the dragon would be much darker. (who am I kidding? At this point everyone knows whom I'm talking about).

Also I noticed something important in the opening.

The episode itself was really enjoyable. It still feels a bit slow, but understandable. The animation seems so good, that I might start watching the anime again with normal speed instead of rushing it through in 2x speed. It's insane that the dialogues feel more normal sped up than with normal speed.
Jul 7, 2019 12:59 AM
Aug 2008
One piece of unlimited budget works.
Jul 7, 2019 1:12 AM

Jul 2015
Great episode, the animation was really good, and the setting of this arc really hypes me up
Zoro was really cool, great to see him again and I love his wanted poster as zorojuro
Can't wait for next weeks episode

Jul 7, 2019 1:23 AM

Sep 2014
Was good to see Zoro kick some ass as usual.
Jul 7, 2019 2:01 AM

Aug 2018
One of the best animations for OP anime I have ever witnessed
Jul 7, 2019 2:20 AM
Jul 2014
Finally! After more than 20 years One Piece looks pretty good! If they ever make the pacing faster and change the sound effects, it will be perfect!

Just looking at this episode me super happy!
Jul 7, 2019 2:24 AM
Aug 2011
omg opening became 30 seconds shorter. Am I really watching One Piece?
Jul 7, 2019 2:35 AM

Jun 2017
Honestly, I didn't like this episode. The dialog seemed slow and I hated those close-up shots... I'm very disappointed, I was expecting something else. To not talk about Zoro's hair, the color is too light. :( Also the opening sucks...
Jul 7, 2019 2:47 AM

Oct 2009
My boi Zoro getting done right!
Man that was beautiful.
Jul 7, 2019 3:06 AM

Apr 2019
Zoro... I missed him so much. Animation superb, opening great and hype levels through the roof!

"𝙇𝙤𝙣𝙜𝙞𝙣𝙜... 𝙞𝙢𝙥𝙪𝙧𝙞𝙩𝙮... 𝙟𝙤𝙮... 𝙥𝙖𝙞𝙣... 𝙄 𝙝𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙘𝙖𝙨𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙢 𝙖𝙡𝙡 𝙖𝙨𝙞𝙙𝙚. 𝙋𝙞𝙘𝙠 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙢 𝙪𝙥 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙘𝙖𝙧𝙧𝙮 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙢 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙮𝙤𝙪. 𝘼𝙡𝙡 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙜𝙖𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧... 𝙞𝙨 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙫𝙖𝙡𝙪𝙚."
Jul 7, 2019 3:37 AM

Jun 2015
Dayum the animation style really changed, so good.
Jul 7, 2019 3:37 AM
Dec 2017
AAAAAAH my boi Zoro is here btw that new eyecatchers is so damn good
we gonna be stones until stone ocean
Jul 7, 2019 4:16 AM

Mar 2017
Strange that Carrot is nowhere to be found in the new opening. Sucks that the OP spoiled but its to be expected at this point. I hope we will still see Carrot T_T
Edit: so good to see Zoro again of course he would be the one to stir up trouble
Jul 7, 2019 4:23 AM
Jun 2019
Animação do arco de Wano em one Piece tá sensacional. Após a troca de várias peças no quesito de direção e animação do anime, one piece conseguiu fazer um episódio que agradasse todo mundo. Quando se investe pesado em algo, mesmo que seja da toei, consegue sair algo incrível. Acredito mt q a tendência é continuar assim até o final do anime, o lucro vai ter total retorno do fãs. Ansioso pro ep 893 ಠ‿ಠ
Jul 7, 2019 4:29 AM

Feb 2016
lol "art quality" is not a thing, you may like the STYLE but that is entirely subjective.
The animation however; is still shitty -filled with talking heads and still frames.
The episode's pace was definitely on the slow side but it's slowness kind of added to the atmosphere, hopefully it picks up for the following episodes.
Jul 7, 2019 4:35 AM

Nov 2012
KR_P said:
lol "art quality" is not a thing, you may like the STYLE but that is entirely subjective.
The animation however; is still shitty -filled with talking heads and still frames.
The episode's pace was definitely on the slow side but it's slowness kind of added to the atmosphere, hopefully it picks up for the following episodes.

Slice of life scenes don't need great animation, action scenes do. The ones we got (Zoro with the knife) was fine. And that's how it should be.
Jul 7, 2019 5:34 AM

Apr 2013
As usual the beginning of a new arc is pretty hype, art quality is definitely up there and the animation was alright as well. Pacing is still so-so though.
Jul 7, 2019 5:38 AM

Jul 2016
SuperRed said:
KR_P said:

Slice of life scenes don't need great animation, action scenes do. The ones we got (Zoro with the knife) was fine. And that's how it should be.

The Zoro scene was amazeballs
Jul 7, 2019 6:08 AM

Dec 2014
If you are Anime only DO NOT WATCH THE OPENING!

Amazing Episode, honestly this gave me the vibe of older OP episodes, they really managed to make the episode feel alive and nice to watch, it has been a long time where a episode has done that, that also did not require a major fight for Animation to spike.

If they continue providing even half the quality of this episode throughout the entirety of Wano then this might be a great comeback for the OP anime.

Coming from the guy who essentially dropped OP like many others to just join in when major Manga moments happen.

People talking about this episodes pace being slow must be dealing with actual brain hemorrhages, this episode is the peak compared to the past 400 episodes, not only that but it also paced extremely nice even compared to other seasonal anime. So not sure where your opinion is coming from but you are clearly wrong.
Jul 7, 2019 6:22 AM

Apr 2016
Wait am I actually the only one thoroughly disappointed? The animation is not nearly as good as it was hyped to be, the Zoro slash looked so stupid, background is always super stale, it's JUST colourful. I don't get why people are excited. Zoro slashing all the guards was like the worst fight sequence in One Piece. I don't want to spread negativity, but I was really hyped for this arc.

Run with the Wind is criminally underrated.
Jul 7, 2019 6:27 AM

Feb 2018
franxz said:
Wait am I actually the only one thoroughly disappointed? The animation is not nearly as good as it was hyped to be, the Zoro slash looked so stupid, background is always super stale, it's JUST colourful. I don't get why people are excited. Zoro slashing all the guards was like the worst fight sequence in One Piece. I don't want to spread negativity, but I was really hyped for this arc.
[quote=franxz]yes it just you. Those 2 latest episode is great.
Jul 7, 2019 6:31 AM
Apr 2016
franxz said:

Is it that hard to differ good animation from bad? The animation this episode was IN FACT, GOOD, yet you're calling it bad? There's nothing subjective in good animation, it's just there. The subjective part is the new artstyle.
Jul 7, 2019 6:36 AM
May 2016
I can't wait to see the next episode, i hope Straw Hats will come together as soon as possible :)

I rate this episode 10/10 :)

kamikuuuJul 7, 2019 6:51 AM
Jul 7, 2019 6:42 AM

Jul 2012
That Opening is absolute perfection.

I'm weirdly enough -yet legitimately so- in the verge of tears of happiness and repeating it non-stop.

The adaptation also flowed SO MUCH better even when they still added original content all around. This arc may as well be the best arc of this entire anime if it keeps going like this.

I still have some issues with how the conversation between Franky and the carpenter chief was slowed down (and Zoro's arrest and seppuku sequences taking a bit too long), but that is a nitpick compared with all the other scenes and their respective transitions.

5/5
DanpmssJul 7, 2019 7:31 AM
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 60 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Alicia3000 - Oct 27, 2009

54 by lunatixxx »»
27 minutes ago

Poll: » Will You-Know-Who come back?

GoatPieceLuffy - 4 hours ago

8 by Ripperdoc »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1104 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AhriTheS3xyFox - May 11

51 by Piri-17 »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Best transformation for Luffy?

GoatPieceLuffy - Today

20 by GTRaijin »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 398 Discussion ( 1 2 )

HydraA - Apr 26, 2009

97 by bakakisima »»
4 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.