Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 22, 2019 7:23 PM
Apr 2016
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, seems like Marco is doing great, helping people out in a rather small village, apparently that village is an important thing for White Beard. Seems like closure is near, I'm hoping all these recaps end already..
Jun 22, 2019 7:42 PM

May 2018
Finally time for Wano. Can't wait to see them animate
Jun 22, 2019 7:43 PM

Jan 2008
2ego said:
I'm hoping all these recaps end already..

I'm guessing two more weeks of that. Then we'll get filler or padded scenes instead because they'll catch up very, very quickly.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Jun 22, 2019 8:51 PM

Mar 2016
Imagine if Whitebeards home town ends up being under the protection of Strawhat's flag. That'll be interesting...
Jun 22, 2019 9:03 PM

Jul 2007
Its indicated that July 7th is when wano arc starts, but technically that is false. The arc already started with this weeks episode.

Next week is going to showcase luffy's team entering wano. However i do think July 7th is when the story will shift to zoro and company inside wano kingdom so im assuming that is why they picked that specific date because that when the country of wano will be first unveiled. Its kind of swapped in the anime as opposed to the manga where the shift to zoro and company are first before showcasing luffy. But what ever. In any case, its clearly all starting next week.

I do think this week's episode may be the end of the flashbacks/filler also and next episode will just extend the events of luffy's team reaching the borders of wano. (here's hoping) i can't possibly see how they insert more recap because we are entering a new story now.

Get excited people, cause we are finally Here!!
ArtimesGamerJun 22, 2019 11:58 PM

Jun 22, 2019 9:25 PM
Jul 2017
Another episode full of recaps. There isn't much to say, but preview looked like a glimpse of new director's work and Wano trailer had a few new cuts with Zoro and Franky.
Jun 22, 2019 9:28 PM

Nov 2016
Oh man, this episode almost had me in tears. Marco is such a good guy and I feel so sorry for him that he and the rest of the Whitebeards lost so much. I still wonder what that message to Luffy is about.

And lol, the gag wasn't emphasized here, but it's kinda funny that the sphinx is called Tama( a common name for pet cats)

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 22, 2019 10:23 PM

Sep 2016
At least it was better than the previous episode, full of pointless recaps never nevertheless.

We are finally at Wano (Well, technically speaking), and I hope that Toei decides to give it the royal treatment like the pre-TS arcs (I know that there's going to be filler, but let's pray that is good one)
Jun 23, 2019 12:52 AM

Jul 2015
Never knew Marco was the ships doctor, he seems pretty versatile with all his abilities.
Seems like we got a glimpse of Whitebeards past.

"Luffy that fool.....Is he gonna pick a fight with Kaido this time" Well, he already angered Kaido, so it was bound to happen sooner or later....

Jun 23, 2019 1:26 AM

Dec 2011
Nice to see Marco back for one episode.Finally next episode Wano arc start and i guess next week there will be a break since the arc going to start on 7/7
Jun 23, 2019 1:52 AM

Jul 2016
kaitonic said:
Nice to see Marco back for one episode.Finally next episode Wano arc start and i guess next week there will be a break since the arc going to start on 7/7

This was in the Wano arc for sure...

Reckon you are right and we have a break next week
Jun 23, 2019 4:40 AM

Oct 2015
It was nice to see Marco in the anime, because in the manga that 6 pages were so few, I forgot why he was there.

So in the anime the arc will begin when Luffy finally touches Wano's shore, or something.
Jun 23, 2019 5:18 AM

Feb 2013
I missed Marco so much, they need to get back together, I mean all the Whitebeard pirates.
Jun 23, 2019 6:16 AM

Dec 2014
the fillers ended on tothe wano arc...hmmm
Jun 23, 2019 7:00 AM
Aug 2018
besides all the flashbacks that at this point we are more than used to the episode felt very refreshing seeing Marco doing good and helping Shirohige Hometown
Jun 23, 2019 7:18 AM

May 2014
Conversation between Marco and Nekomamushi was strong, it feel so good to see them back in the story again I would really like to know what word for Luffy, Marco told to Nekomamushi

Damn dat opening

Jun 23, 2019 8:22 AM

Aug 2015
I might as well just rewatch marinfod arc!
pretty much nothing happened this episode.
Jun 23, 2019 8:48 AM

May 2016
Marco and Ace I missed both of them.
I really want Marco on Luffy's ship but guess that won't happen ina billion year and it shouldn't but he so damn cool.
Jun 23, 2019 9:23 AM

Apr 2013
Took me 11 minutes to watch this episode... Marco looks pretty weird with glasses.
Jun 23, 2019 11:02 AM

Jul 2008
Blackbeard is a dick...that is all.
Jun 23, 2019 11:05 AM

Feb 2015
Nekomamushi met Marco in Shirohige’s island, they talked about Marineford war, Payback war that Marco had against Kurohige, the actual shichibukai Weevil and his mother Bakkin and Luffy’s path to fight Kaido.

The episode told the war again, they finally informed us about the war that Marco and Kurohige had for Shirohige’s territories, and the island/town is the only thing that remains from Shirohige’s memories, and as I understood, Ace and Shirohige are buried there. Marco must be careful with Weevil.
Atlas77Aug 13, 2019 9:35 PM
Jun 23, 2019 11:48 AM

Oct 2017
Well the flashbacks r gonna end soon as we r entering Wano arc. Also it was gd to see Marco ,I'm glad he isnt forgotten like some other characters whom we havnt seen in a long time .
Jun 23, 2019 12:36 PM

Feb 2014
Well hoooooly shit, young Shirohige is looking hella fresh.
Also Wano Arc hype!
I dare you to check my PTW list.
ā €ā €ā €ā €ā €ā €ā €ā €ā €ā €ā €ā €ā €ā €Ź••į“„•Ź”

Jun 23, 2019 8:13 PM

Jul 2013
Marineford always gets me, even if it was recaps. Especially when you hear Kinryuu Arimoto aka Whitebeards voice :(

So it was definitely interesting to see that there's an village Whitebeard protected all the time and good guy Marco is doing the same. Was nice to see him and Nekomamushi again. I also really liked their conversation about Whitebeards past. It's sad that Marco can't join Nekomamushi to Wano but understandable because Weevil could appear at any time.

With Marcos reaction you can imagine how strong Kaido really is. I wonder what message he gave Nekomamushi for Luffy.

Jun 23, 2019 8:14 PM

Jul 2007
AbrarFyioz said:
Well the flashbacks r gonna end soon as we r entering Wano arc. Also it was gd to see Marco ,I'm glad he isnt forgotten like some other characters whom we havnt seen in a long time .

No characters in one piece are ever forgotten. They just have less focus, you know when compared to like Fairy tail, where characters are just completely written off never to be seen again. At least oda re-introduces characters in the story even after they have been absent for so long.

Jun 24, 2019 4:36 AM

Mar 2015
I don't mind these so-called filler episodes - One Piece's universe has gotten so big it's only natural to let us know how everyone we've met has been doing.

Looking forward to the Wano arc, nonetheless!!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jun 24, 2019 10:23 AM

May 2014
Poor Marco the only one who truly cared about Whitebeard. Even protecting his memento. That's something only the right hand would do. Not any right hand either. Their bond is really amazing and very close. So that's where that food beast in Impel Down is from. LOL, on first thought I really thought it was him who had run from Impel Down. Funny to see that there is more of this species. Many good moments from the Paramount war is shown. I am happy to see this in order for us to see a superior Wano arc, though I have my doubts. At least from the preview it looks like the animation is different. That's at least a good thing.

PS! Haven't they written Teach the wrong way. I see "Teech" and not "Teach". I always thought Teach was the right way to write his name. Referring to one piece wikia: Marshall D. Teach
mangalicker94Jun 24, 2019 10:39 AM
Jun 24, 2019 10:53 AM

May 2014
Gorochu said:

Dammit. Shouldn't have let me get attempted on that spoiler tag. Oh well, let's pretend I didn't see anything. To anyone else who only watch the anime - DON'T CLICK!
Jun 24, 2019 10:57 AM

Nov 2012
mangalicker94 said:
Gorochu said:

Dammit. Shouldn't have let me get attempted on that spoiler tag. Oh well, let's pretend I didn't see anything. To anyone else who only watch the anime - DON'T CLICK!

If it makes you feel any better many people predicted it was gonna be that.
Jun 24, 2019 11:27 AM
Jan 2019
I had not the slightest idea that Marco was the doctor of the Shirohige Pirates, besides being the First Commander.
Wow! Seeing this side of Marcos, certainly surprised me. He is a great person. My respects, Marco.

One of my favorite characters is Shirohige, and one of the reasons he is, is because his greatest treasure was his family ... his children.

Seriously, I would have loved for Marcos to join the Alliance to defeat Kaido, but he has a precious memory to protect. I accept it.

Uff! In two weeks the Wano Arch begins. I'm counting the days šŸ˜€.
Jun 24, 2019 2:30 PM

Jul 2007
I think what people are going to find most fascinating about wano is how close it is to exemplifying its home country of otaku culture and thematic elements. It is after all the one piece of japan arc. So its aesthetic and visual style will look and resemble something familiar to those that want to see a sort of Japanese influenced historical arc with a bit of Chinese in there as well. I just hope the studio does it justice, has the right sound effects, music and a visual style that encapsulates the audience of showcasing a Japanese inspired arc.

It is the first arc in the series that is centered around its home country and i think that is why its very important to oda as well and he wants to do it justice and also why he's collaborating with the studio to make the anime with great quality.

Jun 24, 2019 4:58 PM
Dec 2012
Pretty much still pictures with some smoke effects or camera shake, barely better than last week's disaster.
Jun 25, 2019 6:34 AM

May 2014
SuperRed said:
If it makes you feel any better many people predicted it was gonna be that.

It it was obvious because after all, Kaido is the strongest creature in the OP world, and now the only question is what DF he consumed
Jun 25, 2019 1:52 PM
Aug 2011
This recap business in these last several episodes has been a no go for me but I was waiting a long time for Marco. Love him. He is so chill and has never done any wrong.

Idk if it was my thirst or what but he even sounded extra sexy here.
Jun 29, 2019 1:00 PM
Sep 2018
The recap stuff has been a bit annoying, but with 891 it seems to finally end. Cant wait to see Wano animated.
Jul 7, 2019 4:03 AM
Jun 2015
Seeing Marco again felt nice. So he's using his powers to help the people since Whitebeard wanted to protect the village that he built.
Jul 16, 2019 1:04 PM

Jun 2015
It was really nice to see Marco helping people. Good episode.

Aug 2, 2019 5:53 PM

Jul 2013
I've always wondered how the hell blackbeard managed to have two devil fruit powers simultaneously cause that shit's supposed to be impossible but then again there's always an exception to every rule. Might be someone out there who's a devil fruit users and also able to swim in the sea lol
Jan 25, 2020 8:45 PM
Jul 2018
I honestly sympathize with the late Whitebeard's crew. Not only did they go to war where they lost a lot of their members, but their captain is also dead, their third commander got murdered in front of their eyes, their captain's infamous devil fruit, rumored to have the power to destroy the world, is in the hands of their pop's killer. The said killer took over their territories next to little effort, after so much resistance in their part. And now a supposed son of their captain is out there targetting the remnants of the crew. Poor Marco, he and his crewmates sure had it rough.

It was interesting to see a little bit of insight on Whitebeard and the mysterious duo of Weevil and his mom. Whitebeard's background and place of origins were nice to hear about. The fact that he kept sending money to his homeland secretly gives u even more reasons to respect the legend. And Weevil's mother was on his ship? Huh, it makes me wonder if Weevil's identity is as obvious as his mother is making it out to be. I don't think so. If that is the case then who is Weevil? Is this lady even his mom?
Aug 25, 2020 5:38 PM

Jun 2016
Beautiful episode! Although I imagine this will be meaningful later down the line, even if it wasn't and maybe even more if so, having a small look into such a legendary character in a humanizing light; and learning about the late Whitebeard, it'd be wonderful on its own.

I think there is something incredibly romantic and beautiful about the idea of an incredible warrior, not flexing their power, but living with villagers and helping them. It's a low-key existence and one which shows the heart and humility of the warrior. To make it Whitebeard's last momento, the town he grew up as an orphan in and sent supplies to anonymously forever onwards pulls at my heart. Good on you Marco, even if Blackbeard corrupted everything Whitebeard held onto, hang onto his home like your life depends on it.

In this way, seeing more than Marcos kindness and tears, we got to see a very small but very profound act of kindness Whitebeard enacted; as do we get to see why family was so important to a man who had none. Love this kind of sweet and down to earth episode, it warms my heart.
Aug 23, 2021 8:10 AM

Sep 2015
Not only is Marco a powerful and talented fighter, but hes former Whitebeards ship doctor as well?!

We now know that Marco is a good hearted person taking care of a village with his medical devil fruit use.

I bet there are more WHitebeard wannabes around the world.
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Aug 26, 2021 5:44 AM

Jun 2019
Marco is a great guy. I hope to see more of him in future episodes.
Jan 24, 2022 1:48 AM

May 2016
It's nice to see Marco alive and well, considering everything that's happened to the Whitebeard Pirates after the Paramount War.

Weevil better get to where he's at and get his ass kicked so Marco can lend the Straw Hats a hand over at Wano!

Aug 20, 2022 5:26 PM

Dec 2018
HOLY SHIT I DON'T CARE
skipped
Nov 26, 2022 4:56 PM

May 2015
I thought this arc(Reverie and flashbacks) was over the other episode lol
Dec 26, 2022 2:49 AM

Jan 2012
I didn't mind this episode's abysmal recap pacing as much as the other 6 I just marathoned, maybe because Marco and Whitebeard weren't fresh in my mind exactly, but the fact that I just watched 7 episodes of One Piece back to back and the amount of new material included felt like it on its own could have been presented in half that amount of time, tops, is pretty damning in regards to the anime's quality. The source material may be outstanding, the adaptation is not. An 8.68 on here or whatever it has currently is crazy to me. I get it, opinions and all that, but in my mind it has to be either extremely loyal manga fans showing their bias, or heavily tilted towards those who only watched before the pacing got this bad because really, this is a 7/10 at best anime in its current incarnation and has been for hundreds of episodes now. 

Oh well, on to Wano proper. And it's pretty telling in its own right that the anime is STILL adapting that arc as I type this, more than 3 and a half years later from when this episode originally aired. I can only imagine how awful the pacing I'm in for is gonna be.
Feb 13, 5:04 PM
Apr 2016
amazing my favourite show of all time
Mar 2, 9:09 AM
Jun 2023
it was just a recap of the episode but icannot wait for this wano arc
Mar 12, 8:20 PM
Oct 2019
Damn Whitebeard flashbacks, it's actually making me sad again.

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 242 Discussion

Kaito__Kid - Dec 2, 2009

39 by IvanTheWalker »»
38 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 397 Discussion ( 1 2 )

HydraA - Apr 19, 2009

91 by gannoncannon55 »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 396 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Somebody - Apr 12, 2009

195 by gannoncannon55 »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 395 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Somebody - Apr 5, 2009

76 by gannoncannon55 »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 394 Discussion ( 1 2 )

dbaranyi - Mar 29, 2009

66 by gannoncannon55 »»
9 hours ago
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.