Forum Settings
Forums

Anime that you want to start watching but have a lot of episodes

New
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Oct 9, 2019 11:25 AM

Sep 2017
Gintama
Used to be Hunter x Hunter but I didn't even realize the episode count when I started watching it because I got so immersed in it. In fact, I dreaded reaching the end of available HxH episodes.
Oct 9, 2019 11:37 AM
Oct 2019
Mine is MONSTER would like to watch it,but mehn!! Over 70+ episodes seems to be a drag 😡
Oct 9, 2019 11:42 AM

Dec 2016
Hajime no Ippo and Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu (the old series).

I do recommend Naruto to anyone who hasn't watched it yet. Back when it was airing, I couldn't get myself to watch it (I'd seen a couple of episodes way back when it started getting subbed by fans, but it didn't keep my interest then), but about a year ago I saw it was on Netflix. (Netflix Germany, not sure if Netflix US has it, since I only had German subtitles as an option other than the shitty German dub.) I was bored, so, I thought, what the hell, just do it. Skip the fillers. The main story is great.
mors certa hora incerta
Oct 9, 2019 11:45 AM

Jul 2017
Gintama, the huge episode count turns me off massively, after finishing bleach a couple of months ago i'm afraid i'll get burned out with another long anime
Oct 9, 2019 6:48 PM

Aug 2017
I've heard amazing things about One Piece, but I flat-out refuse to sit through nine hundred episodes and counting. Sorry if that sounds petty, but I just don't have the time nor the patience.
Some of you never watched Bakugan Battle Brawlers on TeleToon in 2008 and it shows.
REST IN PEACE KENTAROU MIURA
Oct 9, 2019 7:00 PM
Jul 2018
Basically almost all of WTM shows and most of Leji's work notably Galaxy Express series (which I will wait for the incoming glorious BD).
Oct 9, 2019 7:06 PM

Oct 2017
Hitman reborn πŸ˜“πŸ˜“πŸ˜“πŸ˜“πŸ˜“
Oct 9, 2019 9:03 PM

Jan 2019
I feel like I procrastinate from watching any anime with 30+ episodes. Literally, the longest anime series I’ve seen thus far is SAO which is about 50 (watched seasons 1 & 2, still waiting for 3 to be dubbed). But, yes, there are many series I’d love to start watching including but not limited to:

A Certain Magical Index (like 75 episodes + 60+ episodes from spin-offs)
Assassination Classroom (I think 50 episodes)
Soul Eater (I think like 50 but it could have more)
Fairy Tale (320ish, this one I don’t think I’ll ever watch just because of how many episodes there are! :( 100 is one thing but 300+! It would have to be an incredibly good show to keep me interested for that long.)

That’s all I can come up with right now. I don’t know, I guess I feel like I’d rather try a new anime that’s short cause if I hate it, it’ll be over within a few episodes. But if I were to pick up a longer series, I’d be stuck with it for a couple weeks at the very least.
Oct 9, 2019 9:17 PM

Jul 2019
What I have on my PTW list that is extremely long would be Gintama and One Piece.

Oct 9, 2019 9:27 PM

Nov 2018
All of Gintama, Naruto and One Piece

Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time πŸ™πŸ™
Check out my list of emojis you can copy and paste in the forums here. List will expand in the future.
Oct 9, 2019 9:31 PM

Jul 2017
gintama
legend of the galactic heros
monster
bleach
symphogear
gundam (whole franchise)
Oct 9, 2019 9:34 PM
Dec 2018
Fate series, nothing else might be worth the time I guess.
Aug 25, 2020 10:50 AM
Jul 2018
I've heard a lot about Naruto..but too many episodes lol...Is it worth watching tho?
Aug 25, 2020 4:13 PM
Dec 2015
Ooof, so many. Most really long anime series I just won't watch, even if they're good and popular. But a few that I will probably attempt to watch all/most of:

Cardcaptor Sakura
Monster
Rurouni Kenshin
Uchuu Kyoudai
Dragon Ball
Aug 25, 2020 4:24 PM

May 2011
Gintama. I hear it's great comedy and I really want to give it a go, but... 200+ episodes to start is a big yikes for me.
Aug 25, 2020 4:42 PM

Mar 2020
Gintama. I genuinely want to start but don't know if I would bear through the comedy episodes.
Aug 25, 2020 4:50 PM

Jul 2019
I refused to watch Gintama 'cause the first season has 201 episodes and all the rest is like 370, and now is one of my favorite animes

I wanna read/watch One Piece, Bleach, Naruto. Yuu Yuu Hakusho, Hokuto no Ken, Yawara!

and I wanna rewatch Dragon Ball Z, I'll do it someday
y'all should watch haibane renmei
Aug 25, 2020 4:54 PM
Playing Violet

Jun 2017
I'll be starting Galaxy Express 999 and Inuyasha next year, so wish me luck there~^^'>
Aug 25, 2020 4:55 PM

Mar 2019
legend of the galactic heroes
slam dunk
hajime no ippo
mushishi
gintama
Aug 25, 2020 5:16 PM

Apr 2016
I wanted to get into Fate at some point, but just seeing all those seasons, movies and so on (especially with how confusing the timeline and overall plot seems to be) I just decided to pass.
I was also interested in Toaru Kagaku no Accelerator, but I didn't want to get into it without any knowledge about the whole series. But there's so many seasons of Index and Railgun that I just have no real interest, so I decided to pass on this one.
Although in both cases I think it's not simply the lenght that scares me away (I had no problem with the number of episodes when it came to anime like Hunter x Hunter, FMAB or Jojo), but rather the fact that it was either not interesting enough for me, or too complicated for me to even try watching.
ChroNoiR Episode.0 is the best anime to ever exist

Kanae forever in my heart

Aug 25, 2020 6:35 PM

Oct 2018
I usually avoid anime that have too few of episodes, because if i like the show, i want to watch more of it. One Piece and Gintama are probably the perfect anime because there are so many episodes.

Why are you all (most of you) always in such a rush to "complete" animes?
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–€β–€β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–€β–€β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–€β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–€β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–„β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–ˆβ–€β–‘β–‘β–‘β–€β–ˆβ–ˆβ–„β–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–„β–‘β–‘β–€β–‘β–‘β–„β–ˆβ–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–€β–€β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–ˆβ–„β–„β–„β–ˆβ–€β–€β–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–„β–„β–€β–‘β–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–‘β–€β–„β–„β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–„β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–€β–€β–€β–€β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–„β–‘β–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–‘β–€β–€β–ˆβ–‘β–ˆβ–€β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–€β–ˆβ–ˆβ–€β–€β–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–€β–ˆβ–„β–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–„β–€β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–ˆβ–€β–€β–€β–€
β–€β–‘β–‘β–‘β–€β–ˆβ–ˆβ–„β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–€β–€β–ˆβ–„β–„β–ˆβ–„β–„β–„β–ˆβ–„β–€β–€β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–„β–ˆβ–€β–‘β–‘β–‘β–„β–„
β–„β–„β–„β–‘β–‘β–‘β–€β–€β–ˆβ–ˆβ–„β–„β–„β–„β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–„β–„β–„β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–‘β–„β–ˆβ–ˆβ–„
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–„β–„β–‘β–‘β–€β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–€β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–€β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–€β–€β–‘β–‘β–„β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–„β–‘β–‘β–€β–€β–ˆβ–„β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–„β–ˆβ–ˆβ–€β–€β–€β–‘β–„β–„β–„β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–€β–„β–ˆβ–ˆ
Aug 25, 2020 8:33 PM

Jan 2014
Been meaning to watch Yu Yu Hakusho foreverrr
Aug 26, 2020 12:30 AM

Jul 2019
Yuu Yuu Hakusho. Well, I have started it and I am on episode 20 so it is gonna take a while.
Aug 26, 2020 12:33 AM

Apr 2013
Gintama, but the first entry with 200 episodes is just so huuuuge... Also I wanna finish Ranma and Inuyasha which I watched as a child.
Aug 26, 2020 1:15 AM

Jan 2019
I feel this is one piece for everyone lol. after all it somewhat has the largest amount of episodes as it's still currently airing.
Yuuu
Aug 26, 2020 1:23 AM

Sep 2018
Detective Conan
kept it in hold at 1st episode XD
Aug 26, 2020 1:28 AM

Apr 2020
i'm less intimidated by episode count but by number of sequels & spinoffs
probably everything tagged only as 'series' in my PTW list

Aug 26, 2020 1:30 AM
Jul 2018
gintama and dragon ball. even naruto. i cant bring myself to continue any of them, the ep amount is so daunting
Aug 26, 2020 2:40 AM

Jan 2019
One Piece.

It's constantly mentioned in anime culture / conversations and given high praise which makes me want to watch it, but man, 900+ episodes is just way too much for me.

I don't think any show could retain my interest over that many episodes. Naruto (when I eventually finish Shippuden) and possibly Gintama (if I end up liking it) are probably gonna be the only super long running shows I can handle.

I'm a firm believer that when you set out to create some fiction, you should have a set framework. A beginning, middle and end. Too many shows have been ruined by having an undefined endpoint (or through being brought back/retconned after a surge in popularity). When it comes to western shows I'm talking about things like The X-Files, 24, Prison Break...all great shows, all ruined by dragging on too long.

I'm sure there's some good examples of this in anime too, where the show would have been great if it just concluded sooner, but I can't think of any off the top of my head.
Aug 26, 2020 2:48 AM

Jun 2020
Kierah said:
I wanna watch Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood but it has got so many episodes and I'm too lazy to watch a long anime so, my bad :(

Same here, I even have an Edward funko pop, and it's literally falling off my shelf every week, I wonder what it could mean ?
Aug 26, 2020 2:55 AM

Jan 2019
Mizuzuka said:
Kierah said:
I wanna watch Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood but it has got so many episodes and I'm too lazy to watch a long anime so, my bad :(

Same here, I even have an Edward funko pop, and it's literally falling off my shelf every week, I wonder what it could mean ?

It's the universe telling you to stop mucking about and watch it :)

Seriously. It's brilliant. Get it done. 64 episodes isn't that much.
Aug 26, 2020 2:57 AM

Mar 2016
The rising shield hero and monster.

just wanna feel wanted by someone other than the police 😫
Aug 26, 2020 2:57 AM

Aug 2018
One Piece is the only one that I want to start but the number of episodes is batshit insane (i know it's not the longest anime or whatever but I don't care). Not to mention it keeps increasing each week!
I have only watched 10 episodes yet and really like it, but man whenever I look at the number of episodes, I just get demotivated.

Why do you hate cats?

β™«
Aug 26, 2020 2:59 AM

Jun 2020
always wanted to start hxh and gintama but its so gd long
Aug 26, 2020 3:01 AM

May 2020
Soul Eater, been thinking of it in my backhead for a while.

“She didn't shed a tear.
Angels don't cry.”
- Hiroshi Sakurazaka

Aug 26, 2020 3:11 AM

Jun 2020
CallMeHoot said:
Mizuzuka said:

Alright. I'll start it. This evening. Or maybe tomorrow. Wait- (jk you convinced me, edward is intensely staring at me so i'll watch FMAB before he starts to move)
Aug 26, 2020 3:13 AM

May 2020
the biggest anime still ongoing ONE PIECE
Aug 26, 2020 3:15 AM

Jan 2019
Mizuzuka said:
CallMeHoot said:

Alright. I'll start it. This evening. Or maybe tomorrow. Wait- (jk you convinced me, edward is intensely staring at me so i'll watch FMAB before he starts to move)

The first few episodes or so are pretty slow, but after a certain character dies (no spoilers) shit starts to get real. Episode 4 will also show you one of the biggest pieces of shit in anime. Again, no spoilers, but you will be appalled.
Aug 26, 2020 4:19 AM

Apr 2019
For me it's going to be Gintama. I have heard a lot of praise for this show and am almost certain I will like it but the episode length terrifies me.The problem with me is that if I get hooked on to a series than I just can't stop bingeing it and bingeing such a long series requires a huge commitment which I am just too lazy to do.
Aug 26, 2020 4:54 AM

Jul 2020
Gundam (Mainline UC: 43 Original/0079, 50 Zeta, ..., 7 Unicorn, ...) out of desire to watch Unicorn; and Naruto (220 Original, 500 Shippuden before excluding filler) out of desire to know Naruto.

Guess it's hard when I have a score of other shorter, interesting anime I want to start and finish to essentially distract me from starting and completing these absolute unit of series...

...unlike last year's me who could finish all 152 eps of DavidPro's Jojo out of desire to know memes

"Come to Kamihama City. In this town, magical girls are saved."
· Ui Tamaki ·

Aug 26, 2020 5:21 AM
Dec 2019
I do want to watch Gintama,Bleach and Naruto but my lil ol heart and brain cannot take it.I never finish Gintama as i only watch like 60 ep but man should i sacrifice my time?
Aug 26, 2020 5:34 AM
Jul 2020
Monogatari Series I've already watched Bakemonogatari but I cant find right time to watch. Btw it per season.
Aug 26, 2020 5:54 AM

Jul 2019
Gintama for now as i started One Piece month ago and am slowly watching it
Aug 26, 2020 5:56 AM

May 2018
Erwin_Danchou said:
the biggest anime still ongoing ONE PIECE

- I am pretty sure that Sazae-san is bigger and ongoing.

- And such title (bigger and ongoing) that you can actually watch - Detective Conan.

- Boruto is extending Naruto and it's not very far behind than One Piece.
Aug 26, 2020 6:01 AM
Jul 2018
Black clover. Meh it's still on going, but I'll try it.
Aug 26, 2020 6:14 AM

Jun 2020
I_need_coffee said:
I do want to watch Gintama,Bleach and Naruto but my lil ol heart and brain cannot take it.I never finish Gintama as i only watch like 60 ep but man should i sacrifice my time?
If you finished the first 60 episodes and liked them then yes! By all means continue Gintama, cuz it only keeps getting better (and I'm not even done yet).

Naruto has awesome characters and amazing fights soif you like the battle shounen anime formula then try it out. Bleach's art is really nice and it also has cool fights so again, watch it if yu like the battle shounen anime formula. They both barely have a power level roof though (especially later on) so if that turns you off then don't do it. I still love both immensely!
Aug 26, 2020 2:15 PM

Jun 2016
Gintama... everybody, even those who hated it at first says its a masterpiece, which makes me curious, but it has so many seasons and episodes
"I don't care if no one likes me. I wasn't created in this world to entertain everyone"- Oreki Houtarou
Aug 27, 2020 6:37 AM

Jul 2020
Mine is definitely Bleach and Naruto.

I know I can just skip the filler and stuff but I'm currently packed with keeping up with weekly animes. And I'm also currently watching Gintama and exploring more on the whole Fate lore.
Aug 27, 2020 6:52 AM

Aug 2018
One piece.
I watched few episodes in the beginning of the series but I was kinda busy so I missed a lot of it's episode, trying to catch up by binge-watching it but... it seems impossible lol

Others are Jojo and Gintama kinda have a lot of episode but I watched them.
Aug 27, 2020 6:56 AM

Apr 2011
The first thing that comes in mind is Gintama. I really want to start, but I just can't find the time to do so ><

Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Your favourite genre with predominantly female cast?

Sanjay63773 - 5 hours ago

9 by mshfqtny »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » Would you be in favor of tipping Crunchyroll for every anime you complete on their platform? ( 1 2 )

Dije - Apr 16

96 by luckyrune »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » Japanese Anime and its Relationship to the Source Material vs Western Media

LSSJ_Gaming - Yesterday

17 by thewiru »»
8 minutes ago

» thoughts on users that have a mean score of below 5?

deg - Yesterday

16 by APolygons2 »»
12 minutes ago

» Best OG waifu (before year 2000) 😻 ( 1 2 )

flowstate - Apr 16, 2020

54 by Serafos »»
22 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.