Forum Settings
Forums

Have You Ever Forgotten About an Anime You've Watched?

New
Apr 24, 2019 10:31 AM

Apr 2018
Bad or otherwise, have you ever seen a show in your list, try your hardest to think about a specific moment or scene, and just can't? I was reevaluating my list and I got to Log Horizon, and all I remember is the OP...

Can you consume enough Japanimation that your mind makes room for it all by deleting stuff to make room for more information? It's spooky.

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 24, 2019 10:38 AM

Aug 2018
Skana said:
Not really, I have a really good memory. I do forget some details, obviously, but usually when rewatching everything comes back to me.
Same..............................
Apr 24, 2019 10:42 AM
May 2016
Not unless it’s a bad anime I don’t forget
Apr 24, 2019 10:44 AM

Sep 2018
I usually remember the name of the anime and general story, but I do forget character names if they were not that interesting.
Apr 24, 2019 10:45 AM

Apr 2018
I only forget a few things here and there but if i really think about a show i could probably remember the whole thing.
(The only anime i want to forget seeing is Citrus)
Apr 24, 2019 10:47 AM

Apr 2016
Well I've got a pretty good memory. So I can still remember stuff like watching Ghost in the Shell SAC or Hell Girl on Animax way back in early 00s.
Apr 24, 2019 10:52 AM

May 2009
I think I've forgotten the contents of some minor things I've watched before, e.g. The Wash Bird of Wash Island.

As for entire series though, I don't think I have, though my memories of some shows is fuzzier than others, mostly because I didn't really find them very interesting.

Most curiously though, I apparently have forgotten whether I watched .hack//SIGN dubbed or subbed.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Apr 24, 2019 10:54 AM

May 2015
I might forget about a show, but once you mention the name I will most likely recall what the series was about. "They are my Noble Masters" for example is an anime nobody mentions, but now that I think about it, I can remember without looking it up on MAL a few notable moments from the series like pandas, an overaged loli, some ninja girl, and a masochist.
Apr 24, 2019 10:56 AM

May 2016
I remember next to nothing about "Problem Children Are Coming from Another World, Aren't They?"

Apr 24, 2019 11:11 AM
Apr 2016
I think if it's been a long time since I've seen it and if I've only seen it once then I'll hardly remember anything about it. Examples are Jubei-chan. Kaichou wa Maid Sama and Vampire Knight. Generally, this is because the shows didn't hold my interest that well and time making every aspect of the show fade from memory.
Apr 24, 2019 11:13 AM

May 2016
All the goddamn time. My mind is like a sieve--part of the reason I (very slowly) write reviews is to have that constant reminder of how I felt about shows I've seen.

This glorious signature image was created by @Mayumi!

I am the Arbiter of Absolute Truth, and here is my wisdom:

"Anime was always influenced by the West. This is not news.
Shoujo is the superior genre primarily aimed at young people.
Harem/isekai are lazy genres that refuse any meaningful innovation.
There is no 'Golden Age.' There will always be top-shelf anime.
You should be watching Carole & Tuesday."
Apr 24, 2019 11:15 AM

Nov 2016
Oh yeah. I’ve forgotten a lot of anime I watched when I was a kid. I think I’ve forgotten the majority of manga I read back then too... though I don’t think many of them were very interesting anyway.
Apr 24, 2019 11:33 AM

Apr 2019
It depends.

If I wasn't interested in the anime, I would probably forget every single detail.
On the other hand, anime's that I liked very much, I will and could still remember every single thing like I've watched it yesterday.

i.e : I still remember every detail from Death Note even though I've watched it a decade ago, whilst I can't even remember anything from Eromanga-sensei which I watched just a year ago.

It's probably my brain's way of doing : Erase all the uninmportant things, and save only the good memories.

Apr 24, 2019 11:43 AM

Dec 2012
I'll remember the stuff I really liked and can't forget the stuff I really hate...it's the mediocre bleh things I forget. All those 5s and 6s get erased.
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Apr 24, 2019 11:46 AM

Jul 2017
Usually no as I have a pretty good memory of remembering things from shows. That being said though I completely forgot ever hearing about Okami-San and Her Seven Companions and the only thing I could remember about that show was how one of the MC's is constantly featured in tsundere compilations
Apr 24, 2019 11:47 AM

Dec 2012
Yes, all the time. There are many shows I completely forgot about, either because it was "meh" and not really memorable, or because I watched it in a bad moment and couldn't really sink into it...

There's many shows I'd like to watch again because of it.
Apr 24, 2019 11:56 AM

May 2013
Yes, depends on how long ago you watched the show. Even the ones you happened to enjoy a lot.

Just a few days ago I finished rewatching Steins;Gate after 7 years, this time with S;G 0 as well as all the OVAs and movies. Ended up having even more fun that I did earlier and the experience was just as good as new.

Pretty sure I will forget the minor/hidden details once again in a decade, just need to rewatch and relive the experience.
Truly a Divine Comedy
Apr 24, 2019 12:23 PM

Aug 2018
While I don't forget the overall premise of a show or what it was about, I may not able to recall its exact synopsis.
But I'm sure that if start rewatching it, I'll be able to tell what's gonna happen next in the story.
Apr 24, 2019 12:30 PM

Jul 2017
The only anime I can't ever remember is FMAB which is probably the result of binging it in 2 days lol.

Apr 24, 2019 12:41 PM
Jul 2018
I remember most but I am spotty on some parts for some anime. I usually rewatch certain episodes or arcs every now and then for this reason.
Apr 24, 2019 12:58 PM

Aug 2018
yes

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - -- - - -
Apr 24, 2019 1:13 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
It happens often, especially if its a episodic anime.
Apr 24, 2019 1:16 PM

Jul 2016
Happens a lot, especially if it's a show that at the time, I didn't really have strong feelings about. So after a while it just sort of fades out of my memory. If a show on my list doesn't have a score attached to it (which is a lot of them), that's usually the reason why
ChilliePeppersApr 24, 2019 1:20 PM
Apr 24, 2019 1:16 PM

Jul 2014
The stuff I really liked sticks very well and everything else just goes. I have a really poor memory anyway so there is no way i am remembering all those 1700+ shows I've watched
'Those who like space, can't be bad people'

Apr 24, 2019 1:56 PM

Jun 2017
Not forgetting as much as that but for example I don't remember even one specific scene from Baccano! but I remember its plot
Apr 24, 2019 2:31 PM

Mar 2018
I forgot about "Alderamin on the sky" and got to binge it again :) herbal medicine might have been a factor... Also Escaflowne but that was really long ago when it aired.
{\_/}
(•~•)

{\_/}
( •-•)

{\_/}
( – _ -)
Apr 24, 2019 2:52 PM

Nov 2010
I already forgot about 80% of the animes I've watched on my list. I have a rather bad memory...

I guess this is one of the reasons why I decided to make a anime list so that I'll have an idea on what anime I've seen already. The same reason also applies for my IMDB list. lol
Apr 24, 2019 2:58 PM
Jan 2018
I may just not have seen enough but each series in my list still feels somewhat special to me; I've never forgotten that I've seen a specific show.
Anime is trash and so am I
Apr 24, 2019 2:58 PM
Have a nice day

Apr 2017
Every time I re-watch an anime from over a year ago, it is like watching something brand new. The anime that I remember clearly tend to be ones that of which I am not fond at all.
Apr 24, 2019 3:05 PM

Feb 2012
Definitely man. This one anime scene keeps popping into my head and I just can't seem to pin point which anime I had seen it from. There's a chance it was a manga though... but then again it might have been a scene from Natsume Yujinchou. I just remember the apex of this cliff had life (well the cliff was alive I guess, not just the apex) and obviously he's (I guess it's a he in this case) just been a cliff for hundreds (if not thousands) of years. He's just be been doing what cliffs (or mountains or rocks or w.e) do by witnessing the progression of the Earth and evolution of man. So the protagonist (at least I think so) meets this "man" Cliff apex guy thingy. And If I'm not wrong I think maybe it was a bit of a pity party and the cliff was telling the MC how bad he wanted to venture the world because he's been a cliff for like eternity so he's bored as shit and just chillin and w.e. But if he detaches from that apex he dies. Sooooooo long story longer, the MC is about to get his ass beat (but like a death sentence type of ass beating) and this cliff detaches from the cliff and dives in for the interception on some Yusuke "I'm about to dive in front of this whip" type shit but more like some Kazuma "I'm about to jump in front of this vehicle to save this little kid" type shit cuz it was more heroic and stuff.... but yeah the cliff guy man thingy detached from the cliff and sacrificed his life for the MC. At this point this shit just might all be in my head to be honest.. but if anybody has any idea of which anime/manga etc this scenario could slightly have possibly taken place please let me know. Cuz honestly I'm too young to be having crazy delusions man ..
Apr 24, 2019 3:09 PM

Aug 2018
That would mean that i have watched way too much anime. I don't wanna reach that level so i don't watch too much anime.
I never lie on the internet. What's the point of it...
the chinese noodles ad is an anime and avatar isn't!
triggered

Check out my taste and my profile.
Apr 24, 2019 3:18 PM

Dec 2008
I have a pretty good memory myself, sometimes I forget some of the details but I remember the plot, characters, etc.
Life Is Short But Intense.
Apr 24, 2019 3:30 PM

Aug 2018
Only a few that never left an impression, but I never forget completely about anything.
Apr 24, 2019 3:30 PM
Jul 2018
I still remember scenes from anime I watched 30+ years ago
Apr 24, 2019 3:37 PM
Jul 2018
Yes and this is the reason why I enjoy rewatching a lot cause I forget everything
Apr 24, 2019 3:39 PM

Mar 2010
I forget plots but I don't totally forget I watched a certain series. I will likely recognize a anime through pictures then description
Apr 24, 2019 3:45 PM

Aug 2013
My memory's really bad, I have trouble remembering my past in details so there's no way I'm gonna remember most animes I've seen. Although there are some animes I've forgotten out of that range, the animes I scored between 7 and 5 are the ones I take for graned will be mostly forgotten... in other words more than half of what I've seen.
Apr 25, 2019 12:35 AM

Oct 2008
Sadly yes, however I attribute this to "the anime not being interesting" argument.
Apr 25, 2019 12:50 AM
Aug 2017
No, not really. I usually remember the whole point of each anime and important events... or scenes I just loved the best
Apr 25, 2019 12:58 AM

Sep 2018
I haven't really forgotten any anime I've watched because of how abysmally small my list is

Apr 25, 2019 2:23 AM

Apr 2017
Forgotten hand shakers, I used to think it was good and now reading a lot of reviews there are many questionable things that make me glad that I've forgotten.
Forgotten majority of clannad as well.
But overall remembered most of the anime I've watch, or well the basic plot and endings.
Apr 25, 2019 2:35 AM

Oct 2010
I remember anything I scored with an 8, 9 or 10. I tend to forget the anime I didn't like and stuff I saw ages ago like Grendizer. There are sometimes cases where I see I scored an anime a 7 and I'm very confused cause I remember it being bad.
Apr 25, 2019 3:21 AM
Sep 2009
usually, I don't remember animes that contains 1ep, that's why I use MAL so I don't watch the same thing and remember it half the episode or at the ending.
Apr 25, 2019 4:05 AM

May 2015
BararaqSaiqa said:
Definitely man. This one anime scene keeps popping into my head and I just can't seem to pin point which anime I had seen it from. There's a chance it was a manga though... but then again it might have been a scene from Natsume Yujinchou. I just remember the apex of this cliff had life (well the cliff was alive I guess, not just the apex) and obviously he's (I guess it's a he in this case) just been a cliff for hundreds (if not thousands) of years. He's just be been doing what cliffs (or mountains or rocks or w.e) do by witnessing the progression of the Earth and evolution of man. So the protagonist (at least I think so) meets this "man" Cliff apex guy thingy. And If I'm not wrong I think maybe it was a bit of a pity party and the cliff was telling the MC how bad he wanted to venture the world because he's been a cliff for like eternity so he's bored as shit and just chillin and w.e. But if he detaches from that apex he dies. Sooooooo long story longer, the MC is about to get his ass beat (but like a death sentence type of ass beating) and this cliff detaches from the cliff and dives in for the interception on some Yusuke "I'm about to dive in front of this whip" type shit but more like some Kazuma "I'm about to jump in front of this vehicle to save this little kid" type shit cuz it was more heroic and stuff.... but yeah the cliff guy man thingy detached from the cliff and sacrificed his life for the MC. At this point this shit just might all be in my head to be honest.. but if anybody has any idea of which anime/manga etc this scenario could slightly have possibly taken place please let me know. Cuz honestly I'm too young to be having crazy delusions man ..

That happened in the 34th episode of Natsume Yuujinchou (8. episode of the third season) The character that you call "MC" was Kogitsune (the Little Fox) and the "cliff apex guy thingy" was Saigami (the Rock God ).
Apr 25, 2019 4:12 AM

Oct 2011
Only series I remember well are my 'gateway' ones, others require rewatching (especially if a lengthy series). It also depends on the attitude taken when watching; if you just watch for the sake of watching, then it's easy to forget.

Apr 25, 2019 4:17 AM

Feb 2019
I don't generally forget much of what I Watch, though it fades over time. However, the memory of exceptional writing remains much more vivid for much longer.

It’s okay to look back at the past, just don’t stare too long

Apr 25, 2019 4:20 AM

Nov 2016
Usually not, only if it was mediocre or bad and a few years ago, but even then I will still remember the basics of the story.

Kinda happened with One Punch, I read the chapters which are adapted right in S2 3 1/2 years ago and I barely remember anything.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 25, 2019 5:49 AM

Sep 2014
Possibly, how would I know I have forgotten a show completely though? I dont remember forgetting a show.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Apr 25, 2019 3:43 PM

Feb 2012

Anhesenaton said:
That happened in the 34th episode of Natsume Yuujinchou (8. episode of the third season) The character that you call "MC" was Kogitsune (the Little Fox) and the "cliff apex guy thingy" was Saigami (the Rock God ).

You're a saint!! This ones been bugging me for a while now lol
Apr 25, 2019 3:47 PM

Aug 2016
I can remember the plot for pretty much all animes I've watched, but I cannot remember the names of any characters, even if I just finished watching the show. ( might remember one or two names, but that's if I really like the characters )
"I’m alone. I hate being alone. Being alone makes me feel empty."
Hanabi Yasuraoka

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Anime worlds you would rather live in

ST63LTH - 2 hours ago

10 by AshuAmbrose »»
3 minutes ago

» Why do people like consuming media watching specifically opposite sex get together? ( 1 2 3 4 )

Oshieteoshiete4 - Apr 29

153 by LostSpectre »»
4 minutes ago

Sticky: » The 'Help Identifying This Anime/Character' Thread (v10) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Dec 21, 2020

7171 by YellowStarFish »»
4 minutes ago

» why are anime sometimes divided into 2 parts of 12 episodes instead of 24 episodes?

Tsuyatoash - 2 hours ago

11 by Vaturna »»
6 minutes ago

Poll: » Would you be in favor of tipping Crunchyroll for every anime you complete on their platform? ( 1 2 )

Dije - Apr 16

90 by ColourWheel »»
11 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.