Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 17, 2019 7:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So much blushing lol. Seems the episode is trying to make Sicily as cute as possible.

The episode showed more of their school life with the entrance exams. The episode also introduced even more flashy male characters. Seems Shin is actually a decent guy for protecting Sicily. The blonde dude picking on her was such a bully ugh. On the other hand, Shin definitely has more than power to be accepted there. I'm curious to see what other magical content this anime will show.
Apr 17, 2019 9:20 AM
Jun 2015
i think episode 1 focusing to high speed introduction so i can tolerate small miss animation like
1. his clothes appearance more close to modern suit rather than from middle ages
2. skipping small talks
okay, that is still ok. but when i watch episode 2 i feel embarrassed. exaggerate action to activated magic for other people, for me it's like someone peek your "black history" and i can see animator really emphasize this moment. but that is wrong for them i think, because again some minor small talks that can be hints later or introduction
skipped or didn't show up when they appear. and something that you maybe didn't realize it yet, voice actors only give normal tone not vigor voice even when the script and the situation make them should shout or something similar. i hope they didn't place their hard work to wrong scenes and forget to give attention to important scenes in later episodes
Apr 17, 2019 9:20 AM

Aug 2012
Alright, I wasn't sure about this after the first episode, but I enjoyed it more this time. It still hasn't hooked me but at least I wasn't bored. A couple of funny moments here and there also helped. I wonder if Maria not getting Shin's enchantments on her uniform is gonna come back to bite them at some point.
Apr 17, 2019 10:25 AM

Dec 2011
"Sizilien"...
My eyes are bleeding
Apr 17, 2019 10:28 AM
Oct 2018
The animation in this episode was beautiful but the story was way rushed. They skipped lots of key moments from manga which is what makes the story great. I don't know if it was animation directors decision but this episode could easily be stretched in to two episodes. It seems as though the scenes in animation were glued together to squeeze everything in one episode rather than making two episodes and pacing the story.
Apr 17, 2019 10:32 AM
Apr 2014
wew that blazing fast pacing, at this rate its gonna be 1 or 2 more episode before we meet the antagonist
Apr 17, 2019 10:34 AM

Aug 2014
my guilty pleasure isekai trash is here, praise be
Apr 17, 2019 10:38 AM

Jul 2015
It was quite satisfying to see this blonde soyboy getting explained thoroughly.
And the fact that they value people based on their merit rather than social standing. That's... good.
Exact opposite of Black Clover.
Definitely better impression than horrible 1st episode. I hope it will get even better.

Apr 17, 2019 10:52 AM
Aug 2013
The more I look at the blue haired-girl, the more I want to give up on this.
When will it end?
Apr 17, 2019 11:09 AM

Jan 2013
Got teary eyed during Sicily's enchantment confrontation, am reeeeeeeally enjoying this anime! She is so adorable and very relatable! I love how flawed the characters are and how I can see that situation of her seeking for help or "using" him could come about. Is so adorable how honest they are about their emotions, her sharing how he makes her feel to her friend & admitting he looked cool later on, him admitting he's worked up with wishes to help her, the king showing his hypocrisy in order for his son to also be protected with enchantments. So much of their thoughts are shared or shown!

While it's true the pacing might be rushed I personally feel so much content is still shown and implied through all scenes so it just ends up feeling like I've been watching for much longer than I actually have, doesn't feel like a moment is wasted. I also really enjoyed how the tears were drawn and animated, a lot of emotion was show.

The only questionable aspect I have is during his magic assessment segment. I don't buy into him being so powerful that he can no longer hold back. I feel he should be skilled and imaginative enough to be as precise as he wishes with his abilities. Their home would be deforested by now were he to be using the same amount of magic or force with a wind spell while hunting chickens and boars back home. He likely used his physical skills to hunt now but still.

Overall another awesome episode! Am glad where this is heading so far.
Apr 17, 2019 11:10 AM

Apr 2017
I wasn't too sure about this show from the first episode, but this episode made me feel a lot better about it. It hasn't really brought up any serious plot yet though which could go either way. I really like how the Prince is less douchey than most shows portray princes and nobles in general, but they still had the generic snob of a character based off of his social standing, but they made it pretty clear that he's in the minority of characters that try and use family status for gain.

I love to talk anime and manga, feel free to message me!
Apr 17, 2019 11:11 AM

Sep 2018
Wow, this anime is so good, 2nd episode got me hooked to this, some spoiled noble brat using his authority on others just like on SAO Alicizaztion huh, i'm guessing he's gonna be like some minor antagonist in this anime i suppose from the looks of it, i'm lovin' this anime already
Apr 17, 2019 11:22 AM

Dec 2014
lol the overpowerful character feels embrassed by everyone else...hmm
Apr 17, 2019 11:28 AM

Aug 2013
Not a bad episode.

Shin was the top scorer of his year.

Apr 17, 2019 11:32 AM

Apr 2013
The anime is enjoyable but the plot is trash. It remembers me the isekai with the guy with the phone who was OP too but without the phone.
Apr 17, 2019 11:47 AM

Feb 2014
The OP and the show are funny and then ther's the ED with the serious battle theme vibe. Its like watching Seiken Tsukai no World Break with the Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni. vibe.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Apr 17, 2019 12:21 PM

Mar 2016
Yep, this is turning out as one of those cheaply made isekai shows.
Yea, just skip-da-de-do-da through the damn events without proper siegeways, why don't you?! At least Tensura gave more charm to the characters other than the mc so that we can actually care about them.

I'm SO glad Shield Hero is still a thing during this season.
Apr 17, 2019 12:24 PM

Jan 2011
Tyranth said:
The anime is enjoyable but the plot is trash. It remembers me the isekai with the guy with the phone who was OP too but without the phone.
I think the isekai sub-genre has as an almost inevitable feature an mc who is overpowered or has some type of a cheat mechanism. But let's face it, most protagonists in anime or manga are in the same boat. What Shin doesn't have is a weakness that has to be overcome, which is a hallmark of what I consider the better stories in this genre. Diablo has crippling social anxiety that requires him to assume the Demon Lord character when talking, Naofumi has the trauma of the false rape accusation and the systematic attacks on his character and motives, Rudeus has the memories of his past life and the mess he made of it; all have weaknesses that they need to overcome. Shin Wolford has "a lack of common sense" owing to his being raised in the forest.

That being said, it's a pretty good story overall with some nice romance to come, and the adaptation looks fairly good thus far.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Apr 17, 2019 12:32 PM
Sep 2016
I mean, I guess it's okay. I'll watch the next episode and make a decision to drop. It just gets really boring most of the time.
It really do be like that though.

Apr 17, 2019 1:24 PM

Jan 2012
A bit rushed, but I enjoyed it. It will probably suffer more rushed plot, seeing that this will have only 12 episodes.
"Quack"
-A Duck

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Apr 17, 2019 1:47 PM

Mar 2017
Is there anything Shin can't do lol. Sicily is so cute. Hope they get over with the issue with her fiance soon.
Apr 17, 2019 1:51 PM

Feb 2015
It maybe cliché as hell but I really enjoy this show. It's already above shit tier isseki like Smartphone, Death March and Ragnarok. That's sizzling girl is cure (yes I'm calling her sizzling from now on)
Apr 17, 2019 2:11 PM

Feb 2014
damn I don't think I've seen a mary sue protagonist of this level before
Tokoya said:
adapatations are not supposed to be carbon copies of source materials and until the anime community in general can accept that and judge an anime based on what it presents and how they handle every episode, these threads will continue to be filled with hate posts by purists
Apr 17, 2019 2:34 PM
Jan 2014
Do you guys know that feel when somebody tells a joke that eveyone but you finds funny? That joke is this anime. Is there more than one Kenja no Mago anime this season? Because the one I watched is probably the worst isekai i have ever seen. Those two episodes were pure lobotomy compared to watching Shield Hero and Slime. It's like you took a handful of tropes and made scenes only from that.
Apr 17, 2019 2:37 PM

Feb 2019
It will be a show cliche and stupid however I prefer this show cliche and stupid instead to continue seeing the pedophile of the shield and its victimization that only makes it more foolish.

By the way, did notice those words that were very similar to the riddle that appeared in an episode of the simpsons? LOL

RayReynoldsApr 17, 2019 2:53 PM
Apr 17, 2019 2:44 PM

Sep 2017
So far so good, I really enjoy this show ! It's really pleasant to watch
Apr 17, 2019 3:03 PM
Sep 2018
Bit too rush, but still enjoyable. I think maybe they should hit the break a little bit.
Apr 17, 2019 3:31 PM

Oct 2015
Cecily is the reason I read the manga and probably the reason I will still watching this.
Apr 17, 2019 3:47 PM

Nov 2017
Ep 2 was good, but I think next episode will be even more interesting, as I think that the brown-skinned guy with the silver hair as shown on the Key Visual would appear next episode.

I frown at recent installments of Persona and Trails of Cold Steel that introduce harem-like elements in the story.

We need more JRPGs like the past Lunar series, where there are multiple romantic pairings in the party other than for the protagonist and main heroine.
Apr 17, 2019 4:19 PM
Dec 2018
Raikiri29 said:
"Sizilien"...
My eyes are bleeding

Yep... fuck the german sub. Her name is Sicily and not fucking italian bullshit country Sizilien.

Fix that
Apr 17, 2019 5:46 PM
Apr 2019
The only issue I have with this show is that it has changed a few things from the original light novel Sicily von Claude to whatever the hell it is now and Gus to Aug other than that it seems to follow the LN quite well. Obviously there are some things missing but that's due to timing and most of what is missing is just filler. With the first 2 episodes we are almost at the end of Arc 1 so I assume that we will get 3 episodes per Arc if this is going to be a 1 corr series.
Apr 17, 2019 5:50 PM

Mar 2012
Stupid as always just like I remember it to be.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Apr 17, 2019 6:34 PM

Aug 2018
Looks like the French sub also used "Sizilien", which is quite far from the original name lol

Anyway, it was a cool episode with a character who reminds me Saitama mixed with Rimuru : someone good-hearted, extremely strong but never claims or even realizes how OP he is. Very cool for now, I already despise the 12-episodes format that seems too short.
Apr 17, 2019 6:43 PM

Nov 2017
The ending song was quite good, right ?
I frown at recent installments of Persona and Trails of Cold Steel that introduce harem-like elements in the story.

We need more JRPGs like the past Lunar series, where there are multiple romantic pairings in the party other than for the protagonist and main heroine.
Apr 17, 2019 6:48 PM

Nov 2011
This anime is like a car crash, but if you are witnessing the car crash...you just can't stop watching.

Jesus this is bad lol.

What is with the sliding scenes?

Also the mean Blonde dude gets put in his place twice with him not doing anything in the end...also He claims he's Sizilien's finance...jeeze the Cliches in this anime lol.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Apr 17, 2019 7:20 PM
Jun 2017
love this episode as shin already made some friends plus meet what i cam say enemy to him and his friends... and that MAGIC IS OP as expected. hahaha
Apr 17, 2019 7:28 PM

Jun 2015
[Latest Anime Update: Kenja no Mago Episode 2]

Me: Hey look! It's a new episode of Kenja no Mago. Should I watch it?
Brain: No. Don't even think of it.
Me: Why? It could have an element of surprise that will make it good.
Brain: NO!! You will only make yourself suffer. You will only find yourself cringing hard while watching it.
Me: B-But.. Three Episode Rule??
Brain: ................ Fine.

[Watching the Anime]
Me: F**KIN' CRINGE!!! THE HECK IS THAT POWER? Hey look! it's Aqua. Hey look! it's Kazuma's mansion. Hey look! It's yet another cliched douchebag character who is yet the main heroine's self-proclaimed fiance?! F**K!!!!!! ...(continues with suffering noises)......

Brain: ......told u so....
Apr 17, 2019 7:41 PM
Mar 2014
It's cool how strong Shin is but Shin isn't smart enough.
Apr 17, 2019 7:47 PM
Jan 2018
I hope this becomes like a High School DxD where they get multiple seasons cuz this is pretty goddamn good
Apr 17, 2019 7:52 PM

Jan 2011
It's insane how shamelessly trashy this is but in spite of that i'm having a good time it's funny none of the characters have been annoying besides the awful prideful noble guy which is not a main character so whatever and so far no problematic issues plus dem girls are cute.

now i fear and know once whatever plot kicks in our grey sue MC-kun is gonna take care of everything so we'll see how much of that i can handle,hopefully this show doesn't take it's self anymore serious than it already does (so not much at all).
Apr 17, 2019 7:54 PM
Feb 2009
everything Shin does is op af Sicily eyes omg too cute
Apr 17, 2019 8:03 PM
Mar 2017
I liked this episode a lot.
First of all, ohh... God Sicily is too cute and adorable, she is so shy and I love how she blushes when she is with Shin, it is clear that the primary mission of Shin during these 12 episodes is to protect Sicily at all costs .
Well the episode begins with the introduction of the girls that Shin saved, Maria is very nice, a bit presumptuous and very funny, besides being a great fan of Shin's grandparents. Sicily as I mentioned before is too adorable and her shyness gives her many points, I like it when Maria tease Sicily about if she can stay with Shin, Sicily was so focused on admiring Shin that Maria took advantage to tease her, but is obvious that Sicily fell in love with Shin, it couldn't be clearer and I approve it, if this continues thanks to Shin's personality, a couple may be born in future episodes (I hope so).
Shin doesn't have a day at the academy and already meets a noble scumbag who believes that his nobiliary title is a priority, but Shin humiliates him as he deserves and to top it off Prince August appears and gives the final blow to Kurt's humiliation.
The interaction between Shin and Aug is very funny, the prince has a great time with the things that Shin does and says.
I did not like it when Maria mentioned Kurt's presence in the exam, maybe that scumbag was also abusing her and Sicily.
I laughed a lot when it was the practical test, Shin was very embarrassed to see the other students recite the enchantments and see them move in such an embarrassing way, but when it was his turn and the teacher told him to contain his magic and then Shin destroyed The whole wall, I could not stop laughing, especially with the surprised faces of the other students.
Shin earned the top grade, as expected from the grandson of the heroes, but being the highest score means he must give the welcome speech, which he does not like and wants to avoid at all costs and Aug left him with the heavy and tedious responsibility.
Kurt seems to take his result very badly, not only did he not have a perfect score, he also end up in a class lower than Shin and now I am sure that this scumbag will have a more unpleasant attitude.
It's interesting to see Shin modify the enchantments in his uniform, apparently he gave it a good quality improvement, at least that was what i understand with Melinda's reaction.
The reaction of surprise of Maria and Sicily when they find out that Shin is the grandson of Merlin and Melinda does not have price, but to Kurt the identity of Shin fell to him like a direct brick in his head.
Today we met the rest of the students in class S and I could see that there is a girl who has a spectacular body and competes with Sicily in the size of breasts.
Sicily has problems with a stalker and she and Maria ask Shin for help, but the worst was finding out that the stalker is Scumbag Kurt, the worst is that the bastard wants Sicily as his fiancee and uses his father's position to torment poor Sicily, but Shin does not let this offense and stops him and again Aug appears to put an end to the harassment and blackmail of Kurt.
Aug managed to make Shin and Sicily blush by remembering the great lines that Shin said to Sicily, they must end as a couple, it is something that can not be avoided.
Shin takes Sicily and his classmates to talk to his grandparents about the problem that Sicily has and also Shin asks Melinda permission to let him modify the uniform of Sicily and leave it equal to his, but Melinda interrogates Sicily since the uniform of Shin is the equivalent of a national treasure and poor Sicily breaks into tears and admits that she uses Shin to get rid of Kurt and eventually she withdraws, but Melinda stops Sicily and tells her that she trusts her, poor Sicily she is so pure that she felt sorry for deceiving Shin and the best thing is that Melinda approves Sicily and wants to have her near, I would not be surprised if she approves Sicily as her grandson's girlfriend.
In the end Shin modifies the uniforms of all except Maria, who refuses after witnessing the overwhelming magic ability of Shin, also now Shin will be the bodyguard of Sicily and to finish the episode Shin shows them his portal and how he will make Sicily arrive safely to her home.
Why they changed the name from Sicily to Sizilien, it's horrible.
the episode felt a bit fast, but even so it was quite enjoyable, Sicily is best girl in this anime for the moment, the shy girls are my weakness and I already made it clear that the future of her and Shin is on the right track, only missing some events that cause both to end as a couple. Today there was ending and it is very good, personally speaking.
Apr 17, 2019 8:25 PM

Nov 2017
Now I can't wait for Episode 3. This anime is shaping up to be what could possibly be among this decade's (2010-2019) Top 3 Magic School anime list.

Apr 17, 2019 8:47 PM

Jul 2016
Hey a pretty decent episode.
MC is so broken XD
Apr 17, 2019 9:06 PM
Jul 2018
While there are ton of people that are pretending OP MC is a sin, this show is super charming and im calling it a must watch of the season, this episode was absolutely hilarious, and I can't wait for next wednesday.
Apr 17, 2019 9:27 PM
Aug 2010
Since I read the WN and manga version of this arc, I can't help but feel frustrated/annoyed with the missing small details. However, most of those I can brush off. What bothered me this episode was when Shin was changing the enchantments on Sicily's uniform. To be specific, nothing was explained about the enchantments in detail to the other characters. Yes, they speak Japanese because it's a Japanese anime. Yes, we, as viewers, supposedly understand because we're reading the subs and we can use translators to figure what the Japanese characters mean. But, according to this anime's world, only Shin should understand those characters/words. So it's strange how other characters mention how awesome his enchantments are when none of the details were explained to them. Grandma also mentions it's awesome but, as far as this episode was concerned, nothing was explained to her either.
Just had to get this ranting out of me...
Apr 17, 2019 9:38 PM

Aug 2012
It was a good episode but the uniform enchantment is a bit OP. I mean if he already knows so much what does he have to learn from the academy? Or is it there just to pick up girls?
Apr 17, 2019 10:38 PM
Aug 2010
nightcrawlercyp said:
It was a good episode but the uniform enchantment is a bit OP. I mean if he already knows so much what does he have to learn from the academy? Or is it there just to pick up girls?

That's another thing that wasn't talked about. According to the novel and manga, he's not there to learn anything technical. But rather, he's there to learn common sense and other social norms because he lived and was raised in the forest before arriving at the academy. That was another thing that annoyed me because it wasn't mentioned in the anime.
Apr 17, 2019 10:42 PM
Jan 2016
I am loving this anime a lot!

I am enjoying to see more about magic school, shin reaction towards magic test when others were chanting the magics were priceless, i feel him!

Maria is really funny, and i love how she teases Sicilly!

Prince August is really interesting, loved when he joke around because Shin said to Sicilly "i will protect you!".

Sicily is a precious girls, please i want to see more blushing and shy reactions, i love how shy she is towards Shin, and also when Melinda tested her she was completely honest!

Magic enchantments on outfits are kinda overpower!

And i love how honest everyone are, Lucilly admiting that Shin was cool when he said a would protect her, and when Shin admited to Melinda that Lucilly made him get worked up! Hope they become a couple soon, everyone is pushing them into another!
Apr 17, 2019 10:59 PM

Nov 2018
I wouldn't be surprised if Shin gets his own harem

(haven't read the manga yet so I can't confirm)

Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Check out my list of emojis you can copy and paste in the forums here. List will expand in the future.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kenja no Mago Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2019

279 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 22, 8:56 PM

Poll: » Kenja no Mago Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 29, 2019

96 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 18, 8:19 PM

Poll: » Kenja no Mago Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 22, 2019

107 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 17, 7:49 PM

Poll: » Kenja no Mago Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 15, 2019

129 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 17, 6:49 PM

Poll: » Kenja no Mago Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 8, 2019

77 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 14, 7:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.