Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 16, 2019 8:59 AM

Mar 2013

Seiyuu Suzuko Mimori and New Japan Pro Wrestling's Kazuchika Okada announced on Friday that they have gotten married after being in a relationship for a year.

Mimori debuted as a voice actress in 2010 and landed a main role in the Tantei Opera Milky Holmes franchise as Sherlock Shellingford and the Love Live franchise as Umi Sonoda, reprising her role for the anime project three years later. Her other roles include Himawari Furutani from Yuru Yuri, Nanami Momozono from Kamisama Hajimemashita, and Kanae Shinjou from Teekyuu. She recently starred in Shoujo☆Kageki Revue Starlight, SSSS.Gridman, and the Winter 2019 anime Hulaing Babies.

Her husband has minor voice acting roles in World Trigger and Future Card Buddyfight Hundred.

Source: KAI-YOU
Sakana-sanApr 17, 2019 11:47 AM
Apr 16, 2019 9:13 AM

Nov 2011
Grats to the both of them! Okada is pretty well known in NJPW where he made a big name for himself. He put on some incredible matches in the past few years in particular with Kenny Omega.
Apr 16, 2019 9:59 AM

Nov 2008
That was kind of expected after the dating rumors proved to be true.

Congrats.

Apr 16, 2019 10:24 AM

Jun 2015
Mister, I will gladly hand over my waifu to you if it makes her happy. Take good care of her.

*inhales strongly*
CONGRATULATIONS, MIMORIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN <3

ShadowMonkeyApr 16, 2019 10:39 AM
Apr 16, 2019 11:11 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Wow excellent news indeed
Congrats to them
I hope that their marriage will be a stable and loving one.
And please pay no attention to those haters who are no doubt seething with hatred that their idol will be graduating from their hearts.
ShingsterApr 16, 2019 11:53 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 16, 2019 11:52 AM

Apr 2012
Shingster said:
Congrats to them
And please pay attention to those haters who are no doubt seething with hatred that their idol will be graduating from their hearts.

It is sad that some people can not distinguish fiction from reality, and transfer their possessive attitude to the characters on real people. I don’t even know that it’s more disgusting that people try to express their “love” to their idols by trying to drive them into fictional ships, or seeing the idea of ​​“making” Mimori a lesbian as an opportunity to protect her from other men.
Apr 16, 2019 12:02 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
RobertBobert said:
Shingster said:
Congrats to them
And please pay attention to those haters who are no doubt seething with hatred that their idol will be graduating from their hearts.

It is sad that some people can not distinguish fiction from reality, and transfer their possessive attitude to the characters on real people. I don’t even know that it’s more disgusting that people try to express their “love” to their idols by trying to drive them into fictional ships, or seeing the idea of ​​“making” Mimori a lesbian as an opportunity to protect her from other men.

Indeed its an unfortunate dark side to Japan's popular culture.
I just hope that these crazies will just realise the truth and stop pestering Mimori and let her enjoy her new life.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 16, 2019 12:12 PM

Apr 2012
Shingster said:
RobertBobert said:

Indeed its an unfortunate dark side to Japan's popular culture.
I just hope that these crazies will just realise the truth and stop pestering Mimori and let her enjoy her new life.

I agree, even if she were a simple woman, and not a talented seiyuu, she still has the right to be happy with the person with whom she wants.

So, my congratulations to the newlyweds.

Apr 16, 2019 12:14 PM

Apr 2013
BOIIIII, that is one lucky bastard! I wish him and Mimorin happiness in the life they will share together.

Ascended Taste
I only came back to this site for the forum sets and to promote my RYM list... Anilist ftw still :dab:
Apr 16, 2019 12:37 PM

Nov 2007
NOOOOOO! NOT MAI WAIFU UMI!

Congratulations! <3
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Apr 16, 2019 1:52 PM
Aug 2018
I hope it's good for RAINMAKER!
Apr 16, 2019 5:55 PM

Jan 2016
That's a good news.
Apr 16, 2019 8:38 PM
穂乃果は神

Oct 2015
I was listing to Mimori's music just earlier and thinking about them both... Very cool! Congratulations!
Apr 18, 2019 2:47 AM
Jul 2018
I really wanted her to marry some rich producer or a rich director, not some pro wrestler. She's the second one after that other seiyuu who switched her career to pro wrestling. I don't want that happen to Mimori-San. She deserves more she's beautiful great at singing and is a very good seiyuu.
removed-userApr 18, 2019 2:51 AM
Apr 18, 2019 3:27 AM

Mar 2015
i don't know whcih one to get lucky to get the others

https://videos.files.wordpress.com/16rg6PiB/lxks67_n3ixfb0ja_dvd.mp4

congratulation on both.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Apr 19, 2019 10:35 PM

Sep 2014
Wha... What...? My waifu Umi got married... No.... NOO!!! I thought we were always gonna be together! *sobs* I though you loved me!!!!! *sob sob* *cuts wrists and chugs down lighter fluid*

For reals though, I think they jumped the gun way too fast. The guy broke up with his girlfriend of 4 years after getting engaged (Don't know the whole story there though, from what I could gather with this blasted English Google is that she wanted to him to commit more of his time with her since they're going to be husband and wife, but his schedule didn't let him) Hopefully marriage isn't the one that screws up their relationship. Best of luck to both of them, and congratulations.
Apr 21, 2019 9:04 AM
May 2016
It took a love arrow to pierce the heart of the Rainmaker! Congratulations to the both of you perfect people! <3
Jun 2, 2019 11:34 AM
Nomad

May 2014
anirudhtsuki said:
I really wanted her to marry some rich producer or a rich director, not some pro wrestler. She's the second one after that other seiyuu who switched her career to pro wrestling. I don't want that happen to Mimori-San. She deserves more she's beautiful great at singing and is a very good seiyuu.

He's not "some pro wrestler", he's the longest reigning IWGP champion, ever, period. And easily the greatest wrestler in the world, and the top guy of NJPW which is owned by Bushiroad (also owns Love Live! School Idol Project.)

Also the two clearly love each other and are happy. Okada is a fan of her work, and she's a HUGE wrestling fan.
art by @u_zuta on twitter

Jun 2, 2019 11:42 AM

Apr 2013
Nice Easter egg is that in the mobage for Revue Starlight the latest event in the JP server is a wedding one where Hikari the character Mimorin voices is a bride

Ascended Taste
I only came back to this site for the forum sets and to promote my RYM list... Anilist ftw still :dab:
Jun 2, 2019 3:25 PM
Jul 2018
MayuTheUndead said:
anirudhtsuki said:

He's not "some pro wrestler", he's the longest reigning IWGP champion, ever, period. And easily the greatest wrestler in the world, and the top guy of NJPW which is owned by Bushiroad (also owns Love Live! School Idol Project.)

Also the two clearly love each other and are happy. Okada is a fan of her work, and she's a HUGE wrestling fan.
okay if he's that good.
Jun 2, 2019 4:29 PM
May 2018
I don't know, he seems like someone I could easily handle...
Jun 2, 2019 4:53 PM
Nomad

May 2014
Psajdak said:
I don't know, he seems like someone I could easily handle...

You're just some otaku, Okada is a 6'4' chiseled out of granite giant and is undeniably the best wrestler on the planet.

He could probably take your head off with a Rainmaker in his sleep.
art by @u_zuta on twitter

Jun 28, 2019 1:18 AM
Oct 2015
Chris Jericho will Attack Okada during their marriage!!! Jk
Jul 1, 2019 6:55 AM

Jul 2014
Congratz mimori!! Im happy that shes happy gonna see their child soon
"Everyone fails sometimes
But dreams won't fade, dreams won't fade
Let's chase them as many times as it takes and don't lose
Because today after all is today and once you wake up, it'll be a new morning"

~Aqours~
Nov 24, 2019 2:01 AM
Sep 2017
I don't believe that she married with pro wrestling, not with another seiyuu.

Le sora tokui and muse casts : congrats, umi chan for your marriage.

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Oniichan wa Oshimai!' Gets TV Anime

Vindstot - Apr 21, 2022

44 by Lenoksu »»
37 minutes ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - 6 hours ago

4 by yamiyugi101 »»
1 hour ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

3 by ToyaMochizuki »»
4 hours ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

16 by Jonas-K »»
5 hours ago

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/18]

Snow - Apr 5

28 by infanf »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.