Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 28, 2019 9:49 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Emotions runs high in the series' finale. (150146)

The night is finally coming for their big plan escape. There's still doubts among some of the other kids but I think the pure emotions is well executed. I have to give praise to all the VA in this series for being able to bring the feeling of their pure raw emotions, even in the finale.

As for the escape itself, it's pretty elaborate and planned out. These kids really go beyond my expectations with their intelligence and courage. Ray is a certified badass, loved the music used in the latter half of this finale especially during that running/escape scene. 8/10.
Mar 28, 2019 9:49 AM

Aug 2017
I really liked the show despite some rushed episodes. I'm hyped for S2. 7/10 for the anime.
NurguburuJul 13, 2020 11:08 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 28, 2019 10:44 AM

Dec 2017
quite the finale. but out of all episodes, the last two and episode 1 were probably the best in terms of tension and attention grabbing
sadly, the rest were just really boring. didn't really feel the same level of suspense after episode 1 and up until 11

the animation was pretty good, ClowerWorks did a fine job. yet the story was just meh, couldn't care less. 6/10 but even this would be a stretch
Mar 28, 2019 10:57 AM
May 2018
Nurguburu said:
I really liked the show despite some rushed episodes. 7/10 for the anime.

I can’t believe you rate this anime with the same score as Kakegurui xx.
Mar 28, 2019 11:00 AM

Dec 2014
[quote=uninstallthegame]quite the finale. but out of all episodes, the last two and episode 1 were probably the best in terms of tension and attention grabbing
sadly, the rest were just really boring. didn't really feel the same level of suspense after episode 1 and up until 11

the animation was pretty good, ClowerWorks did a fine job. yet the story was just meh, couldn't care less. 6/10 but even this would be a stretch [/quote
uninstallthegame said:
quite the finale. but out of all episodes, the last two and episode 1 were probably the best in terms of tension and attention grabbing

the animation was pretty good, ClowerWorks did a fine job. yet the story was just meh, couldn't care less. 6/10 but even this would be a stretch

I’m curious, what exactly were you hoping for more of in the story compared to how it was?
I felt they got a 9/10 as far as it’s adaptation to the manga so far. And was thoroughly impressed by it.
Not to mention this is only the first arc of the whole story itself.
Mar 28, 2019 11:04 AM

Jan 2019
for me its a 10/10 anyway

i love the manga too much, its a pure masterpiece, one of my all time favourites.

god i love it so much.

the adaption had some flaws, mainly some missing monologue i wished was there but apart from that it was an absolutely fantastic adaption of the first 35~ chapters
Mar 28, 2019 11:13 AM

Nov 2016
Loved this final episode so much.
It was surely nice to see one of my favorite manga arcs adapted and I think it was a pretty great watch overall, despite some changes. Foremost the music and atmosphere were outstanding.

Gotta wait for the Kaguya-sama finale, but as of yet I think of Neverland as my anime of the season.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 28, 2019 11:18 AM

Mar 2016
Man, what's with all these autistic negative MAL reviews as of recently??

This is just some unwarranted foolery.
Mar 28, 2019 11:20 AM

Nov 2007
SO WHERE ARE THE NOOBS THAT GIVE THIS ANIME 9s AND 10s YET ALLOW THE FEW HATERS TO UPVOTE REVIEWS THAT ARE POSTED WITH LOW SCORES BEFORE THE FINAL EPISODE EVEN AIRS?! F*CK THE MAL REVIEWS!

Oh, don't worry. I am not pissed or anything. Just thought I would let this be known. :)
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Mar 28, 2019 11:31 AM

Jun 2014
That was a fantastic episode , this anime gets 9.5/10 from me , pleasantly surprised with it , never thought I'll like it so much before watching it , where should I start the manga , from which chapter?
Mar 28, 2019 11:33 AM

Jan 2018
Solid 7.5/10 for me season.

The plot twist at the end was predictable but it still hit me with the feels
What a beautiful Duwang
Mar 28, 2019 11:34 AM

Dec 2015
shanimebib said:
SO WHERE ARE THE NOOBS THAT GIVE THIS ANIME 9s AND 10s YET ALLOW THE FEW HATERS TO UPVOTE REVIEWS THAT ARE POSTED WITH LOW SCORES BEFORE THE FINAL EPISODE EVEN AIRS?! F*CK THE MAL REVIEWS!

Oh, don't worry. I am not pissed or anything. Just thought I would let this be known. :)

If it serves of any consolation, Karhu is the top voted one. If he didn't liked it must be good
Mar 28, 2019 11:35 AM
Jul 2018
I still hate Isabella.
I really love that melody Leslie wrote. I can't stop humming it since I watched the episode.
Overall a really good anime, there were a lot of bullshit moments that made me drop the score down but I still think it deserves all it's praise and had great writing.
I might just pick up the manga.
Mar 28, 2019 11:37 AM

Aug 2014
that was a very good season. I hope the next one is as good or better.

On a side note tho: how many chapters were covered?
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Mar 28, 2019 11:39 AM

Aug 2014
An anime only scene and kind of an underwhelming finale. They nailed the flashback part and I actually teared up for Isabella. Hopefully the second season is 24 episodes!
Mar 28, 2019 11:41 AM

Jun 2017
MysteriousAeon said:
An anime only scene and kind of an underwhelming finale. They nailed the flashback part and I actually teared up for Isabella. Hopefully the second season is 24 episodes!

24 eps for season 2 would be neat because the next 2 arcs pretty much go hand in hand.
Mar 28, 2019 11:43 AM

Jan 2019
L3gEnDaRy said:
That was a fantastic episode , this anime gets 9.5/10 from me , pleasantly surprised with it , never thought I'll like it so much before watching it , where should I start the manga , from which chapter?

Chapter 36 if i remember correctly

MomoSinX said:
MysteriousAeon said:

24 eps for season 2 would be neat because the next 2 arcs pretty much go hand in hand.

i dont think 24 are enough tbh
we have 60 chapters for the two next arcs
promised forest is 10 chapters and goldy pond is till chapter 90 something

Mezo-RPWPA said:

approximately 35 of the current 128
Mar 28, 2019 11:43 AM
Jul 2018
Average adaptation, quite a few rushed episodes, decent ending though, and a pretty good soundtrack. Really lacked that atmosphere and tension of the manga for quite a few reasons, but it's not like the story is amazing either way.

Knowing how it goes in the manga, season 2 will be even worse, but hopefully there will be proper pacing and all this time.

Mezo-RPWPA said:

around 37 chapters from what I can remember
Mar 28, 2019 11:44 AM

Jan 2015
Truly an amazing ending. Well done, it was emotional.

Can’t say I’m looking forward to season 2, the arc after this one isn’t very good
Mar 28, 2019 11:45 AM

Jul 2013
Enjoyed the series, though now we won't know what happened to Norman, they left that very open ended
Mar 28, 2019 11:46 AM
Dec 2018
feek kinda unsatisfing. we dont know anything about those demons or the world outside. it really shouldent be only 12 episodes. its not complex enough. its one dimentional

so now they escaped and...? its only the begining for them.

someone said this studio usually dont do second seasons so im depressed. yeah i know there is a manga but im an anime guy.

and so norman died in vain? yes he did. there was no reason for him to go happily into his death.

Mar 28, 2019 11:46 AM

Mar 2017
That was amazing! One hell of a finale and now i cannot watch for season 2!

I can't believe Isabella is Ray's biological mother. I also feel like i understand her even less after seeing her past... she knows the pain that Ray, Emma and Norman had to go through... no way i could be a part of that. And poor little Phil! He's such a smart cookie!
Kitty-KateMar 29, 2019 10:12 AM
Mar 28, 2019 11:48 AM

Jan 2019

Ryuseishun said:
Man, what's with all these autistic negative MAL reviews as of recently??

This is just some unwarranted foolery.

salty humans xD

but who cares
as long as we get more episodes im happy
Mar 28, 2019 11:49 AM
Nov 2015
we loved it so much. it's been very emotional.
we look forward to watching the second season.
meanwhile, we'll continue to reading the manga
Mar 28, 2019 11:49 AM

Nov 2013
OH SHIEEET THAT REVEAL ! Now last episode makes more sense. Looking forward to S2
Mar 28, 2019 11:50 AM

Jan 2018
Really Enjoyed watching this episode and I personally loved it!
Can't wait to see what happens in Season 2

Mar 28, 2019 11:52 AM
Jul 2014
L3gEnDaRy said:

I would start from Chapter 1. The skipped/sped through some parts in the adaptation that you'll want to know about for the next arcs of the manga. Plus the anime cut out so many character's thoughts that really contributed to their development and the scenes.
But if you don't really care, then I think Chapter 36 or so.
Mar 28, 2019 11:52 AM

Jun 2017
IRON_FIST1984 said:
feek kinda unsatisfing. we dont know anything about those demons or the world outside. it really shouldent be only 12 episodes. its not complex enough. its one dimentional

someone said this studio usually dont do second seasons so im depressed. yeah i know there is a manga but im an anime guy.

and so norman died in vain? yes he did. there was no reason for him to go happily into his death.

The second season is already announced.
Mar 28, 2019 11:53 AM

Oct 2017
Okay that was a really good anime and I don't see why these negative reviews are so prominent when majority of the people love this show. There will be flaws its just an anime like how can you be so much critical about it? No hate everyone has their own opinion. Like just enjoy it or don't at all? I really enjoyed this. I could confidently say its one of the most interesting and best anime of the season also season two is coming I'm really more excited. And karhu or kahru whatever he almost criticizes every decent popular anime, and partly people find his review helpful (welp wish if there was dislike option lol).

I want you to be happy.
I want you to laugh a lot.
I don’t know what exactly
I’ll be able to do for you,
but I’ll always be by your side.
Mar 28, 2019 11:54 AM

Mar 2013
This episode was different from the rest it revealed a lot looking forward to season 2.
Mar 28, 2019 11:55 AM

Aug 2014
IRON_FIST1984 said:

Norman didn't die in vain, his death was unpredicted and the plan wouldn't have gone this way if he had tried to avoid his death. And still, the anime foreshadows something when Norman enters the room that Isabella told him to. You never know.
Mar 28, 2019 11:56 AM

Jul 2017
Great ending to a fantastic first season. Sure there were monologues cut here and there, but for the timeframe given and the place it had to end, mostly everything was well adapted and really interesting to watch.

24 episodes would be overkill for a show like this since more casual viewers would be bored of watching all of this happen there. So it refined itself in 12 and even as a manga reader, I thoroughly loved the adaptation and would easily recommend this to a person who hasn't seen anime.

Hat's off to CloverWorks. They did this manga justice. 10/10 anime for me.
Mar 28, 2019 11:59 AM

Nov 2013
MysteriousAeon said:
IRON_FIST1984 said:

Norman didn't die in vain, his death was unpredicted and the plan wouldn't have gone this way if he had tried to avoid his death. And still, the anime foreshadows something when Norman enters the room that Isabella told him to. You never know.

I don't think we should count out Norman just yet. There is no confirmation he died, like there was for Krone. And considering there are humans working on the inside, it's not farfetched to believe he was recruited.
Mar 28, 2019 12:00 PM
Sep 2018
From unexpected promised jumpscares from the anime till the ending of the anime, Everything was so beautifully executed.
i hope this anime gets a new season in summer

10/10 anime in my opinion

And ray is her real son, SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

I hope the best for the surviving peeps

El psy congroo
Mar 28, 2019 12:00 PM

Mar 2018
Disappointing show, could have been much better.

7/10
poop
Mar 28, 2019 12:01 PM

Aug 2014
ScaR_Top said:
From unexpected promised jumpscares from the anime till the ending of the anime, Everything was so beautifully executed.
i hope this anime gets a new season in summer

10/10 anime in my opinion

And ray is her real son, SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

I hope the best for the surviving peeps

El psy congroo
2nd season is confirmed for 2020.
Mar 28, 2019 12:03 PM

Apr 2018
The episode was good but it was completely different from what I had expected. And wtf happened to isabella at the end. I thought that she would revel her hidden power and jump off the cliff and the anime would end in a cliffhanger but anyways a solid 7/10 for me.
Mar 28, 2019 12:06 PM

Dec 2017
IRON_FIST1984 said:

well, you see... you don't get any answers up until season 2... or maybe 3. but stay tuned! or don't...
not that the reveal would be anything amazing anyways

Norman probably got the offer to become one of the supervisors and this whole his "spirit" talking to Emma and Ray was just a shtick, but you never know! he may be dead for good
Mar 28, 2019 12:06 PM

Dec 2014
this anime is 5/5 for me, glad to hear they will make season 2.
besides i read a few chapters after this and i say that there will be a lot of world-building next season...
the animation of the show isnt bad but its not great either, its fine for me i guess... At the end i just wanted a little tease of how the outside world is going to be, however news of season 2 makes up for it.
couldnt mom find them quicker with her tracker?? did those kids disable their trackers?
anyways...
i miss Norman :(
Send me Friend requests!!!!
Mar 28, 2019 12:07 PM
Oct 2017
Nurguburu said:

Yeah as I have read the manga the last episode didn't feel as emotionally charging as the manga but over still pretty decent for a 1 cour series.
Mar 28, 2019 12:08 PM

Sep 2018
Amazing last episode!!!

They all trained for 2 months just to escape and it all paid off,Phil was suspicious of Mama and stayed behind to take care of younger kids.

So glad we finally got to see Mama's backstory and that reveal at the end of it was so great.In the end Ema said goodbye to her home and Mama,and Isabella finally admited defeat.

This was great first season and i cant wait for the next one :D
well that's just my opinion.....
Mar 28, 2019 12:08 PM

Jun 2014
I literally just finished reading this arc in the manga like....an hour ago, and while I now see the differences and understand some of the complaints about what was lacking in this adaptation compared to the source, I still thought the anime did a good job adapting what it did. 7/10, looking forward to season 2 next year.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 28, 2019 12:13 PM
Aug 2017
And here i thought phil is a demon or a spy seems he is a normal very smart kid (maybe he can be like norman),and OH MY GOD isabella is ray's mother that got me really hard i repeated this scene a few times to actually digest it
Mar 28, 2019 12:16 PM

Dec 2017
Well children escaped and mama's backstory as expected. I really liked this episode. good series overall.

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

Mar 28, 2019 12:21 PM

Mar 2016
xxGrayxx said:
Really Enjoyed watching this episode and I personally loved it!
Can't wait to see what happens in Season 2

I actually like Isabella with her hair down.
Mar 28, 2019 12:24 PM

Aug 2013
A great episode. The plan to escape worked out pretty well. The kids showed courage in their escape.

Overall a very good series. 8/10

Mar 28, 2019 12:27 PM

Dec 2015
Overall thoughts on this series...meh.
A very average anime, it had some good ideas but was let down by a painfully slow pace and not knowing how or when to set a musical score to a scene.

I would say I have no idea how this ever got into the top 100 on MAL but the top 100 is already full of garbage.

Cycli said:
Nurguburu said:

I can’t believe you rate this anime with the same score as Kakegurui xx.

Kakegurui xx was better than Promised Neverland.
Fight me in a parking lot if you disagree.
Bobby2HandsMar 28, 2019 1:03 PM
Mar 28, 2019 12:27 PM
Jun 2016
Altough second season was announced few hours ago, if anybody is interested in reading the manga, start reading from chapter 37.

Great anime adaptation!
Mar 28, 2019 12:29 PM

Aug 2016
Great anime, rate it 9 of 10. Excellent tension and pacing, not a single frame wasted, yes if you start digging, you could find many possible plot holes and illogical behaviour, but it isn't glaring and could be overlooked without much effort. So i forgive this anime it's drawbacks for the sake of being very solid and thrilling to watch and also take into account the 12 episodes length restrictment. Great job, overall.
Mar 28, 2019 12:30 PM

Aug 2018
Loved the Show loved this Ending Episode

8/10
Pages (12) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» I'm in a dilemma help ( 1 2 )

Saphhh - Mar 25

51 by EpicAlphaMale »»
Apr 1, 1:40 AM

» Best Season of Anime Ever?

bigeli2020 - Jul 18, 2022

47 by Zimmu »»
Mar 25, 12:35 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2019

295 by Yanarsen »»
Mar 4, 7:41 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2019

245 by WuzWutz »»
Feb 22, 7:35 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2019

280 by Jiborjas »»
Feb 12, 6:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.