Forum Settings
Forums

Most annoying/least liked MALE anime character

New
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Jan 2, 2020 8:06 PM

Oct 2015
Issei from Highscool DxD purely based on his hairstyle alone. It looks like something you'd find on the side of a freeway.
Jan 3, 2020 1:23 AM

Apr 2012
Traditional male action hero type characters are most likely to annoy me. Characters like Spike from Cowboy Bebop. One of he attractions of anime is getting away from characters like them.
Jan 3, 2020 1:30 AM

Jul 2016
Almost every character voiced by https://myanimelist.net/people/672/Yuki_Kaji
Jan 3, 2020 6:59 AM
Feb 2018
Definetely Amano Yukiteru(From Mirai Nikki),a mere husk of a character that lacks any sign of humanity.A character so useless,that feels like an extra in his own show.A show that hypes him as the one that deserves to succeed Deus Ex Machina(aka the God of Time),making him only look even worse in the proccess.
Binky_BoyJan 3, 2020 7:22 AM
Jan 3, 2020 7:50 AM

Aug 2019
Binky_Boy said:
Definetely Amano Yukiteru(From Mirai Nikki),a mere husk of a character that lacks any sign of humanity.A character so useless,that feels like an extra in his own show.A show that hypes him as the one that deserves to succeed Deus Ex Machina(aka the God of Time),making him only look even worse in the proccess.

Having just watched the series, I agree. A bland, dull protagonist that's liked by everyone in the series for doing absolutely nothing and would happily use someone he initially didn't care for as a meat-shield as long as he survived.

He made Yuno likeable in comparison.
xenosysJan 3, 2020 7:54 AM
Jan 3, 2020 8:31 AM

Aug 2018
Bunsuke said:
PentagramShogoki said:
Lelouch, Light, and those OP characters that have a god complex.

bro if you watch death note and your criticism is that light is "op" you really need to reevaluate how you watch media imo
light's "op"ness is so far removed from the appeal of that show

My criticism stands for Light being an unstoppable Deus Ex Machina, if you like that better.
Jan 3, 2020 8:45 AM

Mar 2017
I've seen a character trope where one guy in a group comes off as a meek and somewhat grovelling loser but as soon as he gets an advantage he lets it go to his head in a big way and tries to backstab the MC/become supreme high commander of the group/punish anyone who dares to even look at him funny.

It's kind of like a black belly character done poorly, since there's really nothing shocking or unexpected about the heel face turn.
Jan 3, 2020 9:56 AM

Jan 2010
Hate:
- Mineta (BNHA) (and other overly perverted character that has no other purpose other than being literal scum, like that guy in Air Gear)

Dislike:
- Sasuke (Naruto)
- Okita (Gintama)

I'm surprised Light have so many haters here haha.
Jan 3, 2020 10:08 AM

Oct 2019
Itou Makoto from School Days. He pissed the hell out of me.
Jan 3, 2020 11:11 AM

Sep 2017
MeisterDM said:
ChikiChiki said:
Oh definitely Tatsuma from Gintama. It's his laugh, all I can hear is Woody Woodpecker and it drives me up the wall.

I'm sure there are characters that are more objectively annoying but I don't care.

Why must you talk smack about best guy in gintama, his laugh is amazing.

You know, I thought about it and I think it's because he half asses it. Either go full Woody Woodpecker or dont do it at all you know? I mean I like everything else about his character just fine, I just can't get over that damn laugh.

But "Best Guy" you say? In a world where the King of Cardboard himself, Hasegawa-san exists? I think not my friend.
The Manga is always superior. And we all need to just learn to live with that fact.
Jan 3, 2020 11:51 AM

Jan 2016
I usually don't get annoyed easily but holy shit Meliodas from nanatsu no taizai is the most insufferable character I've ever seen. Without that little shit I would probably rate the show 3-4 points higher.
Jan 3, 2020 1:09 PM

Dec 2017
People tend to accuse Shinji Ikari of this even though most of their complaints (that he doesn't do anything and whines the whole episode and stuff in that vein) never happens in the series proper. Asuka actually does it more than Shinji and nobody complains about Asuka being useless and complaining all the time. In fact, the only time in the entire series where Shinji lives up to his reputation is out of the TV series, it's in End of Evangelion, the rest of the time he's reluctant but easily the most proactive pilot and never backs down (actually he ignores orders to retreat more than he actually retreats).

Why don’t we become monsters and really mess up this awful world? Just destroy until there’s no more evil, no more sadness, no more anything…
Wouldn’t that be great?

Jan 3, 2020 1:27 PM

Jul 2019
fucking Motoyasu from shield hero. He is just a giant ass
Jan 3, 2020 3:24 PM

Jan 2018
i hear the kid from sonic x is unbearable
Jan 4, 2020 10:58 AM

Sep 2017
2030Otaku said:
Emiya Shirou from fate serie
And Sasuke from naruto after his revenge
and also i don't like spike from cowboy bebop at all.

I feel ya on Spike my friend. I just DO NOT get the hype with him. The whole show actually.
The Manga is always superior. And we all need to just learn to live with that fact.
Jan 4, 2020 12:09 PM

Jan 2018
DiangeloKun18 said:
I'm sure most people here hate the Ito Makouto guy from School Days. I like the guy.

Oh no... I can stand a crybaby if it's well written or if he's whining for a good reason, but a fuckboy? and worst of all, a boring fuckboy? I don't know but, for me, it feels like his character was made so people would be against him.

simonitro said:
*SPOILERS!!!!!!!*

- Shinji Ikari (Evangelion: End of Era version):

I don't think we watch the same eva, I mean, everything you're saying has been explained in the show... and the movies.
He sure is a crybaby, no doubt about it, especially in EoE. Everything else about Near and Mineta I agree 100% with you.

Mod Edit: Merged Double post. Please use the "Edit" or "Quick Edit" button.
Fleeting_DreamJan 7, 2020 9:45 AM
Jan 4, 2020 12:28 PM

Nov 2019
A year earlier, Eren Yeager would have been my answer but I kinda liked him in season 3.

So I'll go with Kaneki from Tokyo Ghoul. First he was an annoying crybaby and then an annoying edgelord. Probably the most irritating character from all anime.
SAO PROGRESSIVE ANIME HYPE
Jan 4, 2020 12:34 PM
Dec 2015
Kirito from SAO is most annoying, bland and badly written character i ever saw.
Jan 4, 2020 12:41 PM

Aug 2018
I hate self-insert Isekai MCs.They are fricking OP for no reason and are surrounded by a harem of girls.They are so dull and bland.They are edgelords and people still like them.I hate Kirito(SAO) and Hajime(Arifureta).I know SAO technically isn't a harem but the no of girls after Kirito's ochinhin are too many to ignore.
Jan 4, 2020 8:38 PM

Aug 2017
Shirou Emiya from Fate/Stay Night UBW.

I just finished the first season and so far, he is such a disappointing male protagonist. And yes. I'm a Shirou hater. SUE ME!

He is so naive and arrogant. And also really dumb and reckless. He is absolutely useless and weak.

I just wish he died. Out of all the seven masters. He's my least favorite. Hell, I like Shinji Mato over this piece of shit.

I can't believe Saber is paired up with Shirou. What a waste of potential.
I don't see why Rin Tohsaka is looking out for him. She saved his ass so many times. While TREATING his injuries.

She says that if she sees him, she will kill him. BUUUT NOOOO! Ends up saving his ass again and again. WTF is the point of that?
LET SHIROU DIE LIKE THE LIL BIIIITCH HE IS!!

I really hope Shirou gets a power up treatment in the next couple season. And that his arrogant b*tch ass personality is gone.
He's too selfless and because of that; he makes stupid decisions based on his ignorant ideology of saving others before him.
NaroomakiJan 4, 2020 8:41 PM

Jan 5, 2020 12:15 AM

Sep 2017
2030Otaku said:
ChikiChiki said:

I feel ya on Spike my friend. I just DO NOT get the hype with him. The whole show actually.

Yes me too
CB For me it was boring and i don't liked story and characters
Of Course I don't like samuari champloo too much but still better than CB.

Thank you! I've been saying this for years and have always gotten crap for it. The best of the "trilogy" is Space Dandy and thats mostly just cause of the visuals.
Jan 5, 2020 12:20 AM

Sep 2019
Narukami-God said:
Shirou Emiya from Fate/Stay Night UBW.

I just finished the first season and so far, he is such a disappointing male protagonist. And yes. I'm a Shirou hater. SUE ME!

He is so naive and arrogant. And also really dumb and reckless. He is absolutely useless and weak.

I just wish he died. Out of all the seven masters. He's my least favorite. Hell, I like Shinji Mato over this piece of shit.

I can't believe Saber is paired up with Shirou. What a waste of potential.
I don't see why Rin Tohsaka is looking out for him. She saved his ass so many times. While TREATING his injuries.

She says that if she sees him, she will kill him. BUUUT NOOOO! Ends up saving his ass again and again. WTF is the point of that?
LET SHIROU DIE LIKE THE LIL BIIIITCH HE IS!!

I really hope Shirou gets a power up treatment in the next couple season. And that his arrogant b*tch ass personality is gone.
He's too selfless and because of that; he makes stupid decisions based on his ignorant ideology of saving others before him.

Finish UBW first and then watch Heaven's Feel. You'll begin to understand his character and why he was written the way he was. A lot of what you say is somewhat true but it's actually very intentional.

Also, you like Shinji better? That's a pretty interesting preference since he's (spoiler for Heaven's feel)
Jan 5, 2020 2:35 AM
Jul 2015
Chiibi said:
chuniyana said:
Every Goku Hater will go to where Light's soul went. Nor in Heavens nor in Hell. It's stuck between them for eternity. You all will face the same fate.
Long Live Goku.

Because people don't like DUMBASSES who make dumbass decisions, yet get painted as "so pure and good and saint-like". Goku's unrealistic af and it pisses me off that the show never punishes him or lets him have REAL flaws (his stupidity is just supposed to be funny so that's not a flaw)

On top of that, he's not interesting at all; he's just a big doofy Boy Scout; Captain America is more complex than him. Goku's basically Superman without a brain.

@kitsune0

I did see a preview for Photon on a VHS tape I rented YEARS AND YEARS ago...but it didn't look good so I didn't pursue it. xD I remember not liking how Photon looked though. Lol

He is a fictional character, why you want him to be real??

You have some problem up there man.
Jan 5, 2020 2:50 AM
Feb 2019
Every self-insert beta MC who have no confidence in anything and doesn't have character development unless a girl is next to him.
Jan 5, 2020 10:11 AM

Nov 2008
chuniyana said:

I see. The point just went FLYING over your head, didn't it? Are you a child or do you just not understand the basics of writing? I'm guessing it's the latter.
ChiibiJan 5, 2020 10:15 AM

Jan 6, 2020 5:43 AM
Jul 2015
Chiibi said:
chuniyana said:

I see. The point just went FLYING over your head, didn't it? Are you a child or do you just not understand the basics of writing? I'm guessing it's the latter.

Yes yes, oh Great Writer,
Show us your skills.
You know better, so go and try writing an awesome Anime Script.

I'm waiting to see your incredible writing.
Jan 6, 2020 6:00 AM
Jul 2018
I know people say Black Clover gets better, but holy shit Asta's screaming and screeching is on another, unholy level.
Black Star from Soul Eater annoyed me to no end.
Inosuke is some scenes on the same annoyance level. I can deal with Zenitsu, but Inosuke's aggressivity and screeching is way too much.
And then there is Mineta, but because the topic about him is old, I name Bakugo in some scenes.

All of them let me think "shut the fuck up!" about the anime. Inosuke and Bakugo in some scenes, Asta in all. Black Star somewhere in the middle.
Overall I like some of the louder, angry guys too, but I dunno characters like Eren, Yuu etc had or have other feelings and other voice pitches too, than just 80 % constant (completely unreasonable) screaming.
If I think of Eren for example, yes he was annoying sometimes, but I mean the poor boy watched his mom dying, being eaten alive. We let this pass, he can be more annoying sometimes. He also had scenes with his friends or other people interacting in a more normal way as well, you know.
If I think of the others, I think of their "AAAAH!" first.
But well, Inosuke and Bakugo are pretty okay in some scenes.
removed-userJan 6, 2020 6:03 AM
Jan 6, 2020 6:27 AM

May 2018
Two male characters I dislike the most are Hirose Kouichi from Jojo part 4 and Kuroko from Kuroko no Basket. Both of them are goddamn annoying in different ways.
Jan 6, 2020 10:12 AM

Nov 2008
chuniyana said:
Chiibi said:

Show us your skills.

Lol I can certainly write characters and romance way better than Akira Toriyama...but most manga authors can. ^_^ It's not hard cause the man's just not very good.

But questioning 'why would people want a realistic fictional character?' is just plain stupid. Actually there are plenty of characters who aren't realistic...they just need to be interesting.

Goku's NOT interesting. He's boring af. I'm not saying 'you can't like him'; I'm explaining to you why others don't.
ChiibiJan 6, 2020 10:26 AM

Jan 6, 2020 10:38 AM

Apr 2010
I know there are worse characters, but when I thought of the most annoying character that came to my mind is Mikado (Durarara). I guess it won't be most people first (or even tenth choice)

Jan 7, 2020 10:25 AM

Sep 2010
I haven't watched Dragonball so I don't really know about Goku's character, but let me chime in anyway.
The thing I hate the most in my entertainment is unrealistic characters. And I don't mean physically unrealistic, like super-strong or flying. I mean psychologically unrealistic. What does it mean? Well, characters can act however weird the author wants, that's alright, weird characters are, actually, one of my most favorite - they make the story more interesting, funny or scary, depending on their quirks. However, all that weirdness must be explained and have a reason. Of course, if we not talking about slapstick comedy, i.e. farce, where logic and reason means very little if at all.
One perfect example is already mentioned Light from Desu Noto.

Another, however small, example would be Renton from Eureka7.

Another, also small, example is Ishuu, captain of the Postal ship, from Xam'd.

However, some of unusual, psychologically unbelievable personal traits could be written into the world's setting. The most famous example would be your classical American superheroes - nobody in their sane mind would just dress out, go out and try to rain justice on the criminal scum. And even if he would - his career would end very quickly, and that can easily be the same authorities, like the police, that our fictional hero want to help. However, superheroes' world from the start written in such way that they can exist. Many battle shounen manga and anime has the same premise - heroes exists just for the sake of heroes existence. Without them there will be no story.
But then what's the difference between "laying out chars' traits into the world-building" and simply "laying out chars' traits"? Well, that's why I made examples before. The key word is consistency. If you're writing the world of classical heroes, paragons of justice and role models - don't bring up realistic shit that could make one ask "how the hell they will deal with it". If you writing somewhat realistic word - give your heroes real-life backstories that many people could relate to or at least easily understand and believe.
But what if I want to write story where idealistic characters and realistic characters clash? Well, I already mentioned another key word - logic. Give your heroes backstories that we can believe, explain to us how they became idealistic or utterly cynical.
"But there are literally alien characters that easily could have psychology vastly different from ours!" Well, shit, you stumble on a real problem. From one hand, it's very easy - "they are aliens, duh". From another - not everyone ready to take characters for what you want them to be. And, well, because we're humans, it's obviously very hard for us to write completely alien character and not accidentally give him/her/it/them/whatever some of our own very human traits.
Woops, wall of text even with spoilers. LoL, I'm sorry... I guess? ;-b

There is such thing as shit taste. Only idiots think that every "work of art" should have the same value.

Persona anime are good. Deal with it.
Jan 7, 2020 10:33 AM

Dec 2018
My personal top 10 character hate list
1. Excalibur (Soul Eater)
2. Mineta (MHA)
3. The Major (Hellsing Ultimate)
4. Pretty much all isekai protagonists
5. Mizuki (Naruto)
6. Wapol (One Piece)
7. Shinji (Fate)
8. Kirito (SAO)
9. Roberto (Monster)
10. Morishige (Corpse Party)
Meow meow meow meow and meow shogi, meow meow meow meow and meow shogi.

Taking one step a time, I work and try my best.
Though I'm the weakest of the bunch,
Expect from me a good paw punch!
Meow meow pawn, meow shogi.

Jan 7, 2020 10:42 AM

Oct 2013

FUCK YOU, SLAINE!!!! PUNK ASS MUDA PHUKA!!!!!
My Manga List
My Anime List
Shabada shabadabadaba
I am DjG545 aka Dj Fo Fo aka The Mutha Fkn Name I'm Usin Now
Jan 7, 2020 12:03 PM

Aug 2017
everytime i think of an annoying anime character, suzaku from code geass instantly comes to mind, he was so annoying everytime he was on screen i felt like dying

honorable mentions: kaito mamota & shuichi saihara from danganronpa v3,i cant stand them.
Jan 9, 2020 8:24 PM
Jul 2015
Chiibi said:
chuniyana said:

Show us your skills.

Lol I can certainly write characters and romance way better than Akira Toriyama...but most manga authors can. ^_^ It's not hard cause the man's just not very good.

But questioning 'why would people want a realistic fictional character?' is just plain stupid. Actually there are plenty of characters who aren't realistic...they just need to be interesting.

Goku's NOT interesting. He's boring af. I'm not saying 'you can't like him'; I'm explaining to you why others don't.

You can't write yourself then don't preach others. You just want attention.
Jan 9, 2020 9:23 PM
Jul 2018
chuniyana said:
Chiibi said:

You can't write yourself then don't preach others. You just want attention.

What an argument. You aren't a best seller author, so you should nevee critize anyting? Also you know, best seller authors don't have to be good.

She's absolutely right. Characters need to make sense psychologically.

kitsune0 said:
I haven't watched Dragonball so I don't really know about Goku's character, but let me chime in anyway.
The thing I hate the most in my entertainment is unrealistic characters. And I don't mean physically unrealistic, like super-strong or flying. I mean psychologically unrealistic. What does it mean? Well, characters can act however weird the author wants, that's alright, weird characters are, actually, one of my most favorite - they make the story more interesting, funny or scary, depending on their quirks. However, all that weirdness must be explained and have a reason. Of course, if we not talking about slapstick comedy, i.e. farce, where logic and reason means very little if at all.
One perfect example is already mentioned Light from Desu Noto.

Another, however small, example would be Renton from Eureka7.

Another, also small, example is Ishuu, captain of the Postal ship, from Xam'd.

However, some of unusual, psychologically unbelievable personal traits could be written into the world's setting. The most famous example would be your classical American superheroes - nobody in their sane mind would just dress out, go out and try to rain justice on the criminal scum. And even if he would - his career would end very quickly, and that can easily be the same authorities, like the police, that our fictional hero want to help. However, superheroes' world from the start written in such way that they can exist. Many battle shounen manga and anime has the same premise - heroes exists just for the sake of heroes existence. Without them there will be no story.
But then what's the difference between "laying out chars' traits into the world-building" and simply "laying out chars' traits"? Well, that's why I made examples before. The key word is consistency. If you're writing the world of classical heroes, paragons of justice and role models - don't bring up realistic shit that could make one ask "how the hell they will deal with it". If you writing somewhat realistic word - give your heroes real-life backstories that many people could relate to or at least easily understand and believe.
But what if I want to write story where idealistic characters and realistic characters clash? Well, I already mentioned another key word - logic. Give your heroes backstories that we can believe, explain to us how they became idealistic or utterly cynical.
"But there are literally alien characters that easily could have psychology vastly different from ours!" Well, shit, you stumble on a real problem. From one hand, it's very easy - "they are aliens, duh". From another - not everyone ready to take characters for what you want them to be. And, well, because we're humans, it's obviously very hard for us to write completely alien character and not accidentally give him/her/it/them/whatever some of our own very human traits.
Woops, wall of text even with spoilers. LoL, I'm sorry... I guess? ;-b

I see you don't know Dragonball. They should make sense within their worlds and other character should react in a human way / everyone with a sane mind should.
One time he let a villain live that wanted to destroy the earth or something, because he wanted a good fight. And I remember the others be like: "Yeah okay, let have this man his hobbies."
The problem is when almost no one has common sense or tries to change something about something so stupid.
Yeah I don't know either what's likeable about a big kid that just wants to fight for literally everything in the world. There wasn't really another reason fr stuff like this.

-Nyami- said:
People tend to accuse Shinji Ikari of this even though most of their complaints (that he doesn't do anything and whines the whole episode and stuff in that vein) never happens in the series proper. Asuka actually does it more than Shinji and nobody complains about Asuka being useless and complaining all the time. In fact, the only time in the entire series where Shinji lives up to his reputation is out of the TV series, it's in End of Evangelion, the rest of the time he's reluctant but easily the most proactive pilot and never backs down (actually he ignores orders to retreat more than he actually retreats).

Thank you so much!
Jan 9, 2020 9:28 PM
Oct 2016
AC/DC from JoJo part 2. I hate that guy.
I think this works good enough as a signature.
Jan 10, 2020 1:50 AM

Sep 2010
@Maneki-Mew, well, as far as remember, one of the first descriptions of the DB world I read years ago was something like "it was the first series to have that special kind of "weird & stupid" humor". So, maybe DB chars and thus Goku aren't supposed to be taken completely seriously?

Oh, shit, how did I miss that post about Shin-chan?! O_0
Yes, yes and yes. Also, another arguments - which many still refuse to take into consideration:
1) he is realistic teenager - average boy, not a fighter, not a hero, of course he would react as any teenage boy in such extreme situations;
2) this is subversion of classical (at that time) mecha genre - instead of hot-blooded young hero with a mission (and very often revenge) we have your usual average non-combatant teenager who is not itching for battle and can be scared of it.
This (somewhat?) realistic depiction of characters behavior was and still is why everyone and their mother erroneously calling Shinseiki Evangelion deconstruction (it is not and can not be, BTW) - because this was not a staple of mecha genre before (even though it happened sometimes).
And bloody yes, it is indeed funny that all this shit actually happened only in "muh real adult ending" Evangelion that is just alternative ending for those kids who couldn't appreciate absolutely brilliant (even if unintentionally) TV's end and wanted MONSTERS! FIGHTS! BLOOD! BEWBS! KISSES! NEKKID GURLS!
@-Nyami-, if you didn't heard people trashing Asuka as "whiny" and "useless" (I'll skip the word usually attached to it +)) - oh boy, you're one lucky young anime fan, I'm telling you. +) Though granted, it's usually Asuka fans who trash other characters (Rei first and foremost, like it's some lovers competition, LoL).

There is such thing as shit taste. Only idiots think that every "work of art" should have the same value.

Jan 10, 2020 7:51 AM

Dec 2017
@kitsune0 People complain about her being whiny but nobody complains about how useless she is, which is a complaint Shinji gets which is objectively false until EoE

Why don’t we become monsters and really mess up this awful world? Just destroy until there’s no more evil, no more sadness, no more anything…
Wouldn’t that be great?

Jan 10, 2020 7:57 AM

Jun 2019
My female answer to this question seems to change every other month, yet my male answer always stays the same.. and not because I don't find other male anime characters annoying or anything. There's just nothing that compares.

Shinji.

Jan 10, 2020 5:59 PM

Sep 2010
@-Nyami-, nowadays - probably, I'm not following Eva fandom anymore. But back in the days, oh dear... +) Though yes, usually she got not straight "useless" but more of a "[mess]ing everything up" accusation.

Jan 10, 2020 7:39 PM
Jul 2018
kitsune0 said:
@Maneki-Mew, well, as far as remember, one of the first descriptions of the DB world I read years ago was something like "it was the first series to have that special kind of "weird & stupid" humor". So, maybe DB chars and thus Goku aren't supposed to be taken completely seriously?

The serious fight and death scenes were written to be taken seriously.
The problem is when you have a shounen protagonist that is a product of the 90s typical protagonists. The author wants us to see him as carefree etc., but these protagonists are never affected mentally by deaths, fights, torture etc more than maybe a few episodes or like as long as the fight is over. No matter who died or being hurt in front of them, they aren't mentally affected in a serious way. That's rather creepy than carefree etc.
Jan 10, 2020 7:59 PM

Sep 2010
@Maneki-Mew, ah, I see. So, like a typical superhero comix, huh? Intended to be consumed in short stories and not thought out in whole (though the reason is different).
On that note: I suppose you will not like Busou Renkin then - or it's ending, to be precise. Pity, it's the second strongest piece from author of "Samurai X" and completely overshadowed by it.

Jan 11, 2020 1:16 AM
Jul 2018
kitsune0 said:
@Maneki-Mew, ah, I see. So, like a typical superhero comix, huh? Intended to be consumed in short stories and not thought out in whole (though the reason is different).
On that note: I suppose you will not like Busou Renkin then - or it's ending, to be precise. Pity, it's the second strongest piece from author of "Samurai X" and completely overshadowed by it.

In general protagonists that never change = never shaped by anything. I don't want characters to become a whole new person, but usually people adapt to stuff that happened to them emotionally and mentally. And there are some, who are never shaped by anything.
Maybe fans like that about Goku and similar characters, I dunno, but I don't have fun with characters that appear so unnatural and it feels very undynamic.
Except the series realizes there is something wrong to that (maybe then). Like in Noragami Yato tells Nora she stays the same over hundreds of years and is never affected by anything and in short: that's creepy.

I don't know the series, so I don't know tbh? ^^
removed-userJan 11, 2020 1:20 AM
Jan 11, 2020 1:36 AM

Sep 2010
@Maneki-Mew, well, I guess it is true to us, mature consumers - to find character that doesn't change boring and even unrealistic (that's why I dislike so-called Modern Tsundere archetype - she doesn't change unlike Classical Tsundere). But as far as I see from success of some other shows - not all of it anime - it could work with kids and probably teenagers.
Yeah, I remember that from "Twilight" critique: what the Hell, dude is literally older then her father - and he's still going to school? Like, is he weak in the head or something?
Well, in "Busou Renkin" we have same situation with one of the main villains as in "Star Wars" with Darth Vader, if you know what I mean (I myself immediately noticed that discrepancy in BR and forgave it for the overall quality of the show, but, as many other people, as it seems, did not noticed it in SW, but I was just a little kid back then).

Jan 11, 2020 7:00 AM
Jul 2018
kitsune0 said:
@Maneki-Mew, well, I guess it is true to us, mature consumers - to find character that doesn't change boring and even unrealistic (that's why I dislike so-called Modern Tsundere archetype - she doesn't change unlike Classical Tsundere). But as far as I see from success of some other shows - not all of it anime - it could work with kids and probably teenagers.
Yeah, I remember that from "Twilight" critique: what the Hell, dude is literally older then her father - and he's still going to school? Like, is he weak in the head or something?

I think many of the fans grew up with these anime and because it's nostalgia and childhood heroes and the authors are afraid to change their protagonist, because people say: "That character used to be better back then." If they would plan something like that.

kitsune0 said:
Well, in "Busou Renkin" we have same situation with one of the main villains as in "Star Wars" with Darth Vader, if you know what I mean (I myself immediately noticed that discrepancy in BR and forgave it for the overall quality of the show, but, as many other people, as it seems, did not noticed it in SW, but I was just a little kid back then).

Well that is okay imo, I don't know how it is written or anything.
Jan 11, 2020 7:03 AM

Mar 2018
I pose every main character of the shounen genre as the most annoying of two-dimensional scribble's.

“The most shameless thing in the world is political power that can be inherited regardless of ability or talent!”
Jan 11, 2020 7:09 AM

May 2013
Luchse said:
I pose every main character of the shounen genre as the most annoying of two-dimensional scribble's.

I was gonna disagree but after digging through the anime lexicon in my noggin I realized you are correct. There is no long running shonen protagonist I do like.

Except maybe the jobros.

♡ Harder Daddy ♡
Jan 11, 2020 7:15 AM

Apr 2019
Yukkiteru from Mirai Nikki. He is so annoying
“ᴛʜᴇ ꜰᴀᴄᴛ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ ᴘʟᴀᴄᴇ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ʀᴇᴛᴜʀɴ ʜᴏᴍᴇ, ᴡɪʟʟ ʟᴇᴀᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛᴏ ʜᴀᴘᴘɪɴᴇꜱꜱ. ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɪꜱ ᴀ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ꜰᴀᴄᴛ.” – ᴋᴀᴡᴏʀᴜ ɴᴀɢɪꜱᴀ
➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵
Jan 11, 2020 7:17 AM

Jun 2016
I despise the main four dudes from mobile suit gundam wing, especialy heero the main guy. Now that I think about it, I dislike the entire cast, females included.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

» I really wish that more animes had re-caps

Atmogenic - Yesterday

11 by animejas »»
30 seconds ago

» Best Trap Character in Anime? ( 1 2 )

GoatPieceLuffy - 4 hours ago

76 by GoatPieceLuffy »»
3 minutes ago

» Is watching a show for the cute girl weird?

fallout45 - Apr 25

33 by Archean-Return »»
6 minutes ago

» Which, out of all your favorites, would you be least inclined to recommend to others? ( 1 2 )

WatchTillTandava - Yesterday

68 by Akuya »»
7 minutes ago

» "This was a Masterpiece!!!" sections or moments in shows that aren't that.

APolygons2 - 5 hours ago

13 by animejas »»
8 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.