Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 1, 2019 8:49 PM

Jun 2016
Wowwww this anime looks so beautiful!! It has to be amazing right?! Well, amazingly trash it is.
Uchiage Hanabi/Fireworks in a nutshell

Any other anime that comes to mind?
Lets be nice :)
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 1, 2019 8:54 PM

Nov 2013
really unpopular opinion that people will undoubtedly rail into me for but Violet Evergarden really didn't do it for me
Mar 1, 2019 8:54 PM

Jun 2015
I feel that way about almost every Shinkai movie.
:)
Mar 1, 2019 8:55 PM

Dec 2018
This is more or less how I felt about hyouka but that’s just because SoL isn’t really my taste (and it doesn’t do justice to it’s “Mystery” tag). I definitely wouldn’t call it trash though, just that I think the quality of animation and well utilized color schemes were its best aspect.

Violet evergarden is pretty much the same thing. I enjoyed this one a little bit more than Hyouka but regardless it’s animation quality carries it.

Bummed to hear that though I was actually planning on watching Fireworks in the near future.
Lolicons are scum.
BABYMETAL is more metal than Metallica.
Naruto is objectively the best anime ever.
HxH 99' is decent. HxH 11' is bad.
Mar 1, 2019 8:56 PM

Jun 2015
Most A-1 Pictures anime, sometimes they make some good shit tho. Kaguya-sama is FIRE! I was honestly surprised when i saw that it was A-1 pictures at the end of the ED.
Read Toriko!
Mar 1, 2019 8:57 PM

Nov 2013
Dessssy said:
I feel that way about almost every Shinkai movie.

Also second this. Most of his stuff feels really forced and tear-baity.
Mar 1, 2019 8:57 PM

Jun 2015
Hokage_Jason said:
This is more or less how I felt about hyouka but that’s just because SoL isn’t really my taste (and it doesn’t do justice to it’s “Mystery” tag). I definitely wouldn’t call it trash though, just that I think the quality of animation and well utilized color schemes were its best aspect.

Violet evergarden is pretty much the same thing. I enjoyed this one a little bit more than Hyouka but regardless it’s animation quality carries it.

Bummed to hear that though I was actually planning on watching Fireworks in the near future.
Bro the Music Video for that thing is AMAZING! Like wow it's amazing. I was shocked when I saw the score and read the reviews tho. It makes sense tho after i read the english title.
Read Toriko!
Mar 1, 2019 9:00 PM

Apr 2018
phantom346 said:
Hokage_Jason said:

Bro the Music Video for that thing is AMAZING! Like wow it's amazing. I was shocked when I saw the score and read the reviews tho. It makes sense tho after i read the english title.
actually the title is great and they didn't do it justice.
Mar 1, 2019 9:01 PM

Dec 2016
SAO was gorgeous to look at, had amazing visuals. I just wish I could say the same for the characters and story.

Also Hyouka and Violet Evergarden, though not really crappy, were utterly, painfully boring, and I couldn't even bring myself to finish the former.
Mar 1, 2019 9:03 PM

Dec 2018
Akerakai said:
phantom346 said:

Sorry little lost, is the music video/title y’all are talking about Fireworks?
Lolicons are scum.
Mar 1, 2019 9:06 PM

Jun 2015
Hokage_Jason said:
Akerakai said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tKVN2mAKRI
251 Million Views. I didn't even realize it was a promotional video for an anime until it showed up in my recommended anime.
Read Toriko!
Mar 1, 2019 9:06 PM

Jul 2015
Kimi no na Wa was utter trash. Only looked good.
Mar 1, 2019 9:10 PM

Apr 2018
Hokage_Jason said:
Akerakai said:

i am actually talking about the title of the movie "
Fireworks, Should We See It from the Side or the Bottom?"
Mar 1, 2019 9:10 PM
May 2016
tenshi no tamago is very gorgeous, but everything else is pretty ehhhh
same for serial experiments lain
Mar 1, 2019 9:11 PM

Dec 2018
PsychoticDave said:
Kimi no na Wa was utter trash. Only looked good.

Whaaaat? Was a beautiful story mate.
Lolicons are scum.
Mar 1, 2019 9:12 PM

Jan 2018
KIMI NO NA WA sucked. weeb bait at it's finest, most bored i've been with a movie in years.
also anything those retards from SHAFT put out, ugh bakemonogatari was so pretentious, goddamnit. sure it looks great, but at it's core it's just another stupid supernatural light novel.
Mar 1, 2019 9:12 PM
Aug 2016
Either Guilty Crown or Attack on Train-wreck
Mar 1, 2019 9:13 PM

Dec 2018
phantom346 said:
Hokage_Jason said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tKVN2mAKRI
251 Million Views. I didn't even realize it was a promotional video for an anime until it showed up in my recommended anime.

Damn, only watched 2 minutes because the animation was so beautiful it definitely going to watch the movie, may as well not risk a minor spoiler. Will have to go back and watch this music video after.

Thanks for sharing this has me optimistic about watching Fireworks again.
Lolicons are scum.
Mar 1, 2019 9:15 PM

Dec 2018
ClickBaitBuster said:

Lol I forgot about guilty crown. If ever a terrible hole filled plot was carried by good animation and sound, it’s guilty crown.

I’m digging attack on Titan though I don’t understand all the hate. Love a good plot with cliffhangers.
Lolicons are scum.
Mar 1, 2019 9:16 PM

Nov 2016
Anything by CoMix Wave Films (Makoto Shinkai's Studio) or A1-Pictures
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 1, 2019 9:17 PM
Jan 2019
“Crappy anime” and “anime eye candy” are to ones own tastes. Like I I love testament of sister new devil and really like how it’s animated (yes the ecchi is sometimes anoying but it is also sometimes funny) but I really like that animation style. However, who is anyone to say that an anime is crappy, just because you don’t like it doesn’t necessarily make it crappy, and don’t even get me started on “critics” scores...anime is very subjective, you can find anything to your tastes and if you try something out of your comfort zone you might actually enjoy it. A little off topic I know but hay-ho sh*t happens lol!
Mar 1, 2019 9:23 PM

Nov 2008
Aldnoah Zero was a complete train wreck with an annoying princess, but also had 10/10 music, CG, and mecha design.

Mar 1, 2019 9:32 PM
Aug 2016
Hokage_Jason said:
ClickBaitBuster said:

Lol I forgot about guilty crown. If ever a terrible hole filled plot was carried by good animation and sound, it’s guilty crown.

I’m digging attack on Titan though I don’t understand all the hate. Love a good plot with cliffhangers.
I wasn't talking about Attack on Titan. I was talking about this shit
It's made by the same team as Attack on Titan, shamelessly rips off Attack on Titan, revolves around zombies (instead of titans) attacking a giant train (instead of a giant wall), and the plot is a glorious train-wreck.

Thus, Attack on Train-wreck is the most perfectly fitting name possible for that trash.

phantom346 said:
Most A-1 Pictures anime, sometimes they make some good shit tho. Kaguya-sama is FIRE! I was honestly surprised when i saw that it was A-1 pictures at the end of the ED.
They've also made Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso if you haven't noticed.
ClickBaitBusterMar 1, 2019 9:37 PM
Mar 1, 2019 9:34 PM

Oct 2018
Death March to a Parellel World Rhapsody. It looked alright but everyone else was pure garbage

Mar 1, 2019 9:36 PM

Dec 2018
ClickBaitBuster said:
Hokage_Jason said:

It's made by the same team as Attack on Titan, shamelessly rips off Attack on Titan, revolves around zombies (instead of titans) attacking a giant train (instead of a giant wall), and the plot is a glorious train-wreck.

Thus, Attack on Train-wreck the most perfectly fitting name possible for that trash.

phantom346 said:

Aah kabaneri. Iunno I don’t wanna argue over it too much everyone is entitled to their opinions but I really don’t think it’s much of an attack on Titan rip off personally.

Literally the only similarity is an MC harnessing the power of the enemy which is an age old trope, much older than anime in general for that matter.

By that logic I don’t think there isn’t a single piece of anime out there that isn’t a rip off of some ancient literature.
Lolicons are scum.
Mar 1, 2019 9:37 PM

Apr 2016
koe no katachi would be my first choice.
Mar 1, 2019 9:41 PM

Jul 2017
ClickBaitBuster said:
Hokage_Jason said:

Thus, Attack on Train-wreck is the most perfectly fitting name possible for that trash.

The studio and director were the same at AoT but the story was written by the guy who wrote Code Geass.

"Do you know why snow is white? 
Because it's forgotten what color it's supposed to be." - C.C.

Mar 1, 2019 9:43 PM

Jul 2013
Surprised nobody mentioned Glasslip
Mar 1, 2019 9:46 PM
Jan 2019
Almost every ecchi/harem anime ever made.
Mar 1, 2019 9:57 PM
Aug 2016
Hokage_Jason said:
ClickBaitBuster said:

Thus, Attack on Train-wreck the most perfectly fitting name possible for that trash.

Aah kabaneri. Iunno I don’t wanna argue over it too much everyone is entitled to their opinions but I really don’t think it’s much of an attack on Titan rip off personally.

Literally the only similarity is an MC harnessing the power of the enemy which is an age old trope, much older than anime in general for that matter.

By that logic I don’t think there isn’t a single piece of anime out there that isn’t a rip off of some ancient literature.
- Post-apocalyptic world
- Steampunk settings
- Mankind forced to live in enclosed places (cities or villages with huge walls surrounding them)
- Man-eater monsters threatening the existence mankind
- Hot-headed protagonist with major temper issues and one-track "kill 'em all" mentalities because of some tragic loss of a family member
- Protagonist is ostracized by rest of society
- Protagonist becomes a hybrid of human and the monsters, now extremely powerful because of that
- Protagonist has close female friend who is an overpowered fighter, putting the most proven soldiers to shame
- Hometown of protagonist invaded by these monsters at the very first episode
- Same director (Tetsurou Araki)
- Same producer (Jouji Wada)
- Same animation studio (Wit Studio)
- Same music composer (Hiroyuki Sawano)

I mean it's fin if you like it, but it's obvious what the producers were trying to do with this project, which is capitalizing on Attack on Titan's success.
Mar 1, 2019 10:02 PM

Jun 2014
SAO is visually beautiful, but that’s about the only thing I like about it.
Mar 1, 2019 10:02 PM
Aug 2016
Fakegoose said:
ClickBaitBuster said:

The studio and director were the same at AoT but the story was written by the guy who wrote Code Geass.
That is true, but the other staff are pretty much the same
Mar 1, 2019 10:05 PM
Jul 2018
Shinkai and A-1 Picture were the first that came to my mind reading the title. Ah, let me add ufotable, I almost forget that one. So sad, the beautiful animation got wasted for crappy game adaptation.
removed-userMar 2, 2019 1:24 AM
Mar 1, 2019 10:12 PM
Ready to Ruffle

Oct 2014
Yikes, all the people bashing Shinkai and A-1... I guess I hold an unpopular opinion there.

The first one that comes to mind that surprisingly hasn't been mentioned yet is Nerawareta Gakuen. The visuals were gorgeous, but the plot was an absolute clusterfuck.
Mar 1, 2019 10:19 PM

Nov 2011
K and all its entirety. Feel like they try too hard too be cool.

Mar 1, 2019 10:22 PM

Jan 2018
Shymander said:
Yikes, all the people bashing Shinkai and A-1... I guess I hold an unpopular opinion there.

Nah, you're the one with the popular opinion. People just love to hate on anything that's mainstream. I've thoroughly enjoyed every Shinkai film I've ever watched; fuck the haters. =P

KaiserNazrin said:
K and all its entirety. Feel like they try too hard too be cool.

Ooh yeah, this. I really tried to get into K, but other than its aesthetic, literally nothing about it was holding my attention.

"I am not sure that I exist, actually. I am all the writers that I have read, all the
people that I have met, all the women that I have loved; all the cities I have visited.
"
― Jorge Luis Borges
[url=]Goodreads[/url] | [url=]Letterboxd[/url]

Mar 1, 2019 10:26 PM

Dec 2015
I thought "eye candy" meant beautifully drawn and animated (ex: "Venus Wars", F91, ...) but reading this, it just means colour saturation, light filters and the usual.
Mar 1, 2019 10:28 PM

Aug 2018
Kyoukai no Kanata, well at least towards the end when it all goes to hell...
Mar 1, 2019 11:11 PM
Jul 2018
The first thing that comes to mind is K project. It's literally just a bunch of hot dudes fighting each other with a big breasted chick, a loli and a cat girl in the mix. Music sounds awesome, animation is pretty (maybe eye-burning), everything else, meh.
Mar 1, 2019 11:28 PM

Aug 2018
Violet evergarden, Re creators and Aldonoah zero. So beautiful but so empty. They had bad characters, boring plot and they are pretentious af.
Mar 1, 2019 11:51 PM

Nov 2011
Makoto Shinkai's movies is the answer ...
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Mar 1, 2019 11:52 PM

Oct 2010
Evangelion 3.0 the fights and animation are cool and it has fancy settings, too bad the story is garbage.
Mar 2, 2019 12:01 AM

Feb 2018
I like Tokyo Ghouls visuals and sound, but the story is incoherent and boring.
Mar 2, 2019 12:02 AM
Jul 2018
Steamboy, Metropolis, Spriggan,3rd Patlabor movie, Birth, Blood the Last Vampire, Gedo Senki, Utena movie, Ponyo come to mind for movies.

As for series, Last Exile by a mile
Mar 2, 2019 12:18 AM

Jan 2016
Akira, I acknowledge that the movie is a milestone in the animation industry but i still can't see much more than stunning visual and ost.
Mar 2, 2019 1:00 AM

Nov 2011
Johnnyd3rp said:
Akira, I acknowledge that the movie is a milestone in the animation industry but i still can't see much more than stunning visual and ost.

Kaneda is the very definition of badass, he fought an esper with a laser gun !
Jim_HeartMar 2, 2019 1:19 AM
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Mar 2, 2019 1:14 AM

Jan 2018
Shiroanon said:
tenshi no tamago is very gorgeous, but everything else is pretty ehhhh
same for serial experiments lain

Serial Experiments Lain is eye candy? What are you smoking? xD

"I am not sure that I exist, actually. I am all the writers that I have read, all the
people that I have met, all the women that I have loved; all the cities I have visited.
"
― Jorge Luis Borges
[url=]Goodreads[/url] | [url=]Letterboxd[/url]

Mar 2, 2019 1:25 AM

Jan 2019
+1 to Eva 3.0. Beautiful visuals, amazing OST, but holy fuck I couldnt care less about the story. Here's hoping Eva 3.0+1.0 can salvage the Rebuilds.

pls rember that wen u feel scare or frigten
never forget ttimes wen u feeled happy

wen day is dark alway rember happy day
Mar 2, 2019 1:28 AM
Jul 2018
Greyleaf said:

Serial Experiments Lain is eye candy? What are you smoking? xD

Not the anime, but the art books definitely!
Mar 2, 2019 1:28 AM

May 2018
Violet Evergarden is. (Can't call it crappy tho, just dull)
Actually it's the description of all KyoAni production. Utter shit with appearance of candy
Nemo_NiemandMar 2, 2019 1:45 AM

Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» when introducing yourself to someone new how likely is "I watch anime" to get them interested in you?

Coldsp33d - 3 hours ago

12 by SwordBreaker36 »»
29 seconds ago

» How much anime is too much

ST63LTH - 1 hour ago

15 by Yonahim_Zz »»
5 minutes ago

» What's your waifu's "sparkle power"?

Catalano - 3 hours ago

9 by Zarutaku »»
12 minutes ago

» Would you support AI generated Anime? ( 1 2 )

Dragevard - May 1

51 by LenRea »»
14 minutes ago

» who was your first/best anime waifu?

Coldsp33d - 2 hours ago

11 by APolygons2 »»
15 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.