Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 23, 2019 6:32 PM

Apr 2016
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
finally time for Big Mom to eat the cake, it will definitely be interesting to see how the anime goes with that part!
LOL when Luffy was like "why was he just listing all the good things about you?"
I love seeing the Sun Pirates helping out their former captain one more time
Feb 23, 2019 6:41 PM

Nov 2016
Luffys response was still funny as hell.

And Jinbe is absolutely right. Loved his hearty laughter xD

Best out of context scene

Sun Pirates to the rescue was pretty hype.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 23, 2019 7:29 PM
Apr 2016
Sanji's daddy Judge started shouting crap about Sanji, lmfao Luffy's reaction to it was hilarious... Pretty slow episode, but I guess some things DID happen this time.
Feb 23, 2019 8:35 PM
Jul 2017
I like how this arc stretches the "lets see how many times the protagonist can have a miracle" idea.

By all of this, Luffy had to die at least 3 times and Sanji at least 2. Side characters are spare lifes to these dudes.
Feb 23, 2019 9:09 PM
Jan 2019
Goodbye Nostra Castello, it was one of the most amazing boats I saw in all of One Piece. R.I.P
Feb 23, 2019 10:02 PM

Jul 2007
Two things to come of next episode (Chapter 900) which was huge for manga fans.

Big mom eating the cake which had some surprising results.

Only 2 more episodes left to go before this arc is FINALLY finished.

and for the love of god please TOIE enter filler after this please. I am begging you. Do NOT ruin the pacing of the upcoming wano arc, because according to oda, its one of the biggest monumental moments in the OP story line. We do not want to end up with it being dragged on endlessly like WCI was.
ArtimesGamerFeb 23, 2019 10:08 PM

Feb 23, 2019 10:21 PM

Jul 2016
link9us said:

and for the love of god please TOIE enter filler after this please. I am begging you. Do NOT ruin the pacing of the upcoming wano arc, because according to oda, its one of the biggest monumental moments in the OP story line. We do not want to end up with it being dragged on endlessly like WCI was.

Yep, I would love to see them do some filler before the reverie begins. Maybe something about Zoro and crew getting lost on the way to Wano (as would happen with Zoro in charge)(
Feb 23, 2019 11:14 PM

Feb 2014
Vindicater said:
Maybe something about Zoro and crew getting lost on the way to Wano (as would happen with Zoro in charge)(

Speaking of Zoro and crew, been a while since we last saw them, have they showed up in the manga at all, just curious if its likely we'll see them this year lol. No spoilerino pls :)

Feb 23, 2019 11:18 PM

Oct 2018
link9us said:

Are you sure wci will end in 2 episodes? Doesn’t it end on chapter 903. So that means we have at least 3 more episodes right? No spoilers pls
Feb 24, 2019 12:36 AM

Jul 2015
chiffon going into badass mode tho

Well...
Feb 24, 2019 5:07 AM

Feb 2013
Haha, Luffy's reply was too good.
Feb 24, 2019 5:26 AM

Nov 2012
link9us said:

I'm expecting a months worth of special episodes to build up the Stampede movie just like they did with Strong World and Film Z.
Feb 24, 2019 6:04 AM
Jul 2018
RIP Nostra Castello. You were quite the cool ship.
Feb 24, 2019 6:04 AM

Apr 2013
Seems like they are back at their slow af pacing again, not much happened this episode. Also I wonder how Big Mom will react to that cake hmmmmmmm............
Feb 24, 2019 6:14 AM
EDM ❤

May 2012
Would been better if we didn't knew Jimbei crew were going to show up, episode title mentioned them to only show up at the very end.

Other than this it was enjoyable!
Feb 24, 2019 8:19 AM

Feb 2015
Sanji finally brought Luffy to the ship. Some islands are thinking about evacuate the territory. Bege's ship got burned by Big Mom, they are looking for another ship to escape, Chiffon wants to see how Big Mom eats the cake. Mont-d'Or ordered to look for Morgans. Judge helped the Straw Hat Pirates to escape, but they got surrounded, Daifuku attacked the ship but Sanji faced him. Suddenly, Wadatsumi appeared and destroyed an entire float, Sun Pirates arrived to help Jinbe.

Pretty slow episode. When you think that mugiwaras can't escape anymore, someone appears to help.
Atlas77Jul 24, 2019 10:26 PM
Feb 24, 2019 8:21 AM
Jun 2015
Luffy and the others misunderstanding what Judge said was funny.Was expecting Big Mom to at least take a bite of the cake.
Feb 24, 2019 10:01 AM

Jul 2008
I don't remember Bege losing his ship in the manga. If that was the case then damn his paid a heavy price to help the Straw Hats.

Luffy's reaction to Judge was the best.

As for next week, anime viewers are about to go WHAT THE F*CK?!
Feb 24, 2019 10:23 AM
Jan 2019
Was hoping for more from Luffy reacting to Judge xD
but OW Sun Pirates <3
a sight for fish eyes!
thank Neptune they stayed <3
Feb 24, 2019 1:09 PM

Jul 2013
Sanji and Luffy finally made it to the ship and we got an reunion with the others. Luffys reaction on Judges speach was just priceless. Even with all these bad things Judge said Luffy changed it into a funny situation.

It was looking pretty bad with all the ships surrounding and firing on them. From the title I knew the sun pirates would appear but I didn't expect to see Wadatsumi again. With him I think the escape will be save.

The best thing is next week will be the last time I hear Big Mom saying "Wedding Cakey"..... It's unbelievably annoying. Looking forward for Jimbei becoming an official straw hat + seeing Zoro and the others again soon.

Feb 24, 2019 2:06 PM

Nov 2018
Are we getting a filler arc? btw when are they gonna change the current opening it's so cringy.
Feb 24, 2019 2:20 PM

Jul 2007
TrumpAnime said:
Vindicater said:
Maybe something about Zoro and crew getting lost on the way to Wano (as would happen with Zoro in charge)(

Speaking of Zoro and crew, been a while since we last saw them, have they showed up in the manga at all, just curious if its likely we'll see them this year lol. No spoilerino pls :)

yes they have, currently in the manga and they have been in the story for a while now. Which is probably only about 6-7 more episodes left in the anime.

Feb 24, 2019 2:22 PM

Jul 2007
BenRyan said:
Are we getting a filler arc? btw when are they gonna change the current opening it's so cringy.

Most likely they will change it after WCI, which is only about 2 episodes left.

Feb 24, 2019 2:23 PM

Jul 2007
Classy_Cassy said:
link9us said:

Are you sure wci will end in 2 episodes? Doesn’t it end on chapter 903. So that means we have at least 3 more episodes right? No spoilers pls

Nope 902 is the end of WCI, so only 2 episodes left.

Feb 25, 2019 11:06 AM

Dec 2014
welll the episodes keep on getting more epic....
Feb 25, 2019 11:35 AM

May 2016
TOO FUCKING SLOW TOE TOO FUCKING SLOW, AT LEAST TAKE A GOD DAMN BITE OOF.
Feb 26, 2019 2:28 AM

Dec 2013
I’m actually really looking forward to Big Mom finally eating the cake.
Feb 27, 2019 2:55 PM

May 2014
Took her fat ass 30 ep. to reach the cake and another 30 to eat the cake. Got to milk that cash cow, right Toei? ;)

Anyways, even though Sanji's father said all those cruel things I think he said it very metaphorically. It can go both ways, can be good or bad. I think it's just shocking for him to see that his son, his own blood, is so kind and gentle towards a man he haven't understood, aka. Luffy. That's the way I see it. That ep. title was very spoiling, we all knew that the Sun pirates would help them. It's nice to see that his own race still see him as their captain. Now aren't that sweet. ^_^

PS! LOL, why does it looks like those snails that are dragging those Germa 66 ships are on weed. They really look like they high. I wonder if I were the only one who noticed this. Hahha, makes it more funny that what it's.
Mar 12, 2019 4:01 AM

Jul 2013
"Last Hope: Sun Pirates Emerge", why is One Piece so notorious for doing this? Titling the episode about an event that would happen at the very last minute? Whatever, add the sun pirates to the list of people who helped the Strawhats escape Big Mom.
Apr 1, 2019 5:37 PM

Jan 2013
Lmao, Luffy's like "yep" when Sanji's father made all those remarks :D
None of the ships could land a single cannon ball at their ship ...
Jun 2, 2019 12:17 AM

Mar 2015
Lmao Sanji's dad, scum to the end.
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jan 21, 2020 12:55 PM
Jul 2018
Judge still being as trash as ever, acting as if he wasn't pathetically crying like the scum he is. Sometimes one man's failure is another man's gain. Judge may find those qualities that he based Sanji on as failures but Luffy, being the pure-hearted he is, thought he was just awkwardly proclaiming the good stuff about his cook.

Whenever the Strawhats find themselves in a dire situation, I don't even get worried. I know that somehow, someway, they will pull through. The Sun pirates crashing in to save their former captain was pretty hype.

So the ship got buried due to excessive heat. If so then what kind of special material is this cake made of? For the past 5 episodes or so I have kept wondering just how this delicous looking cake havent melted already.
Mar 28, 2020 1:07 AM

Mar 2010
Love all of Luffy's allies. I hate big mom for this arc. I really hope this arc finishes soon
Aug 14, 2020 1:56 AM

Jun 2016
My favourite scene was the interaction between Judge and Sanji. A part of me expected their farewell to be a somber and silent recognition of the fact that Judge cannot right his wrongs, but after facing the regret of his death; and seeing how strong Sanji became by defying his stern values, he would put his life on the line to help him once more. For that is the least he can do. That is all I expected, a silent and melancholic awareness of Judge’s wrongdoing and the materialization of his gratitude, regret, and will to change, but nothing more than a brief glimmer of this. Something to make us think.

But the way that he addressed Sanji, going against this prediction, was surprising. Just as I may have overanalyzed Katakuri, I may do the same here so warning for that if you don't like this kind of stuff. For starters I would like to give my interpretation of how Judge must have been forced to challenge his ways. The first and most obvious is the tears before his imminent death. Like Big Mom, he is living in his glory days, he is a shell of the past with one goal that he will do anything to achieve. If his entire life is based on one single goal and he throws everything else away to achieve it yet fails, all was for naught. He hurt and betrayed his wife, he abandoned Sanji, he raised his boys to be monster who laugh in the face of death as he is crying and Reiju certainly has a strained relationship with him. I would wager that, at this point, he probably has no one in a meaningful way like Sanji has the Straw Hats, he is, in a way, an island. The emptiness of dying like this must be world shattering. The second major way he was challenged is what I mentioned in the first paragraph. That of Sanji potentially becoming the strongest Vinsmoke and because of the very humility, compassion and vulnerability Judge abandoned him for. By seeing the strength which he didn't know existed, the strength formed from the antithesis of his values and what he understands as strength, his stern values must have been challenged.

I think we saw regret and jealousy within him as he exclaimed each of Sanji’s apparent weaknesses and asked why Luffy would save him. I think he is beginning to acknowledge that he was wrong and failed Sanji, yet under Zeff and Luffy’s rule, he thrived. Buried in the statement that Sanji is Germa’s failure is the sentiment that he is also the Straw Hats' success. Clearly it was not Sanji’s fault for failing Germa but Judge for raising him the way he did. I don't think Judge can muster up the courage to say he was wrong, nor do I even think he understands why he was wrong just yet. But, I do think the act of contradicting his words and risking his life to defend Sanji, and his questioning of why Luffy was able to see the value in Sanji when he wasn’t able to go to signify that he feels jealousy, gratitude, and regret, a sense that even if he can’t put words to his feelings, he is beginning to challenge his ways.

The way Luffy responded afterwards, sending him off with a simple thanks and saying what he listed was Sanji’s strengths made me tear up hardcore as that is exactly what I thought he was doing too. Perhaps telling, although not flashed on screen in the manga, “his soft mind makes him put his life on the line for the weak” includes him! He was the weak Sanji's compassion saved. I warned you, I may have overanalyzed and you may horribly disagree with me, but I do feel with the symbolic shattering of Judge’s mask and a situation which directly challenged the values Judge lives by, he has the opportunity to become a new man. To stress, this won't be drastic and immediate, but I think we saw the seeds sown for that character growth.

If anyone has the soundtrack for this scene please let me know because it was real pretty, especially the period between Judge’s questioning and Luffy’s response. The song going from intense/sad to heavy but hopeful and maybe a bit sentimental throughout Judge’s conversation paralleled my exact thought process and feelings.

I wrote so much so I’ll keep this final note short. By this point I should be known as Bege’s number one fan, so seeing his sorrowful emotions; saying goodbye to their ship evocative of the Merry was a nice touch. He may be a man with conviction in his way of life, barrelling forward, discarding anyone in his path, and fighting for his family and his personal drive no matter what, but he gets many small but human moments as well. From his subtle kindness, inner sorrowful reflection and gratitude, or his depraved sense of joy. This was a good addition and a new side to our favourite supernova.
gfsdfgsdgsdfgsAug 14, 2020 2:00 AM
Aug 17, 2021 11:15 AM

Sep 2015
Nami: He's been totally worn out

You have no idea Nami !

The overwhelming support for Luffy's escape is inconceivable ! Luffy and the crew has the power to turn enemies and other people into allies!

And it was funny how when Jimbei was underwater, he still sweated
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Aug 25, 2021 1:32 PM

Jun 2019
Oh my god... what a slow episode. Glad that the Sun Pirates came in for the rescue.
Sep 6, 2021 4:19 AM

Aug 2021
Sunny looks pretty badly damaged
Sun PIRATES .............!!!!!!!!!!!
Dec 28, 2021 11:09 AM

May 2016
The Big Mom Pirates and the denizens of Totto Land should be thankful as hell towards Sanji, Chiffon, and Pudding since their dignity as chefs forbid the use of any sort of poison whatsoever.

Luffy thinking that Judge complimented Sanji was hilarious. The most hilarious part is the fact that Judge is such a lousy communicator that Luffy might've actually been right on the money.

With the appearance of Judge and the Sun Pirates, I guess that there's no more people coming to help with their escape.

Apr 21, 2022 10:58 AM

Nov 2016
Sanji's father got the nerve to say all that despite all that Sanji did for his sorry ass 🙄 And once Luffy and them meet up with the rest of the Strawhats (in the land of Wano I believe) Franky is not gonna be happy once he sees the outcome of the Sunny 😭
"No matter how hard things get, only use your strength to protect" - Mitsuya Takashi
May 22, 2022 1:05 PM

Dec 2012
Luffy's answer to Judge was perfect. Don't even give him the satisfaction.

Dressrosa & Whole Cake Island are showing how rather than the Straw Hats expanding and becoming a massive army in the New World, they're staying tight-knit while forging bonds & alliances that can aid them in overwhelming circumstances.

Honestly ready for Big Mom to eat that cake. Even I'm starting to get hungry watching her frantically chase that thing for so long.
Mar 9, 6:16 AM
Oct 2019
Judge still being a human garbage till the end, good because there is no redemption for him.

Sun Pirates coming to the rescue!!
Seeing Wadatsumi appeared was pretty hyped!!

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Chelleee - Sep 13, 2008

377 by TheStarscream759 »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1015 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AhriTheS3xyFox - Apr 23, 2022

476 by kappaisnew »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1101 Discussion ( 1 2 )

phantom346 - Apr 14

54 by LadyLeeMing »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 219 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kaito__Kid - Nov 17, 2009

60 by X1ma »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1011 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AhriTheS3xyFox - Feb 19, 2022

58 by Marcos-1 »»
Today, 6:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.