Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 21, 2019 5:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
In the aftermath of the birth of their child, there's no doubt that Angelica loves her son dearly. She's a bit of the typical mother though.

It's too bad their happiness doesn't last long. In their world, there's always danger but I have to give credit to Angelica for doing everything possible to save her son.
Feb 21, 2019 8:50 AM

Sep 2017
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
In the aftermath of the birth of their child, there's no doubt that Angelica loves her son dearly. She's a bit of the typical mother though.

It's too bad their happiness doesn't last long. In their world, there's always danger but I have to give credit to Angelica for doing everything possible to save her son.

Correction her daughter.
Feb 21, 2019 9:27 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Another very hasty episode but good thing the emotional stuff for this episode managed to somewhat click in for me.

Francine’s death and her monologues before the inevitable was very heartrending, I hope she found her vital missing point like Guy pointed out. Busting through the wall repeatedly during her final moments to make sure at least Eleonore will survive was crazy courageous, great stuff! On the other hand, Angelina’s demise was pretty sad too. Guy finally calling her ‘Maman’ after all this time just made the scene all the more powerful, but it really could’ve been better had the pacing of this arc be a bit more negotiable with us, the viewers. There was some good buildup, such as the short family-like happiness and the little Francine v Guy battle lol, and subtle development but the events occurred far too fast for my liking. But well, guess things will only accelerate from here onwards so a pretty useless complaint there. Using the final bit of life to take down the aggressor there and potentially saving Guy was an awesome way to sign off, rip.

Saiga’s sword skills were rather impressive but it seems as though his final condition was rather horrific. I wonder how he ended up in his current half-form though, keeping in mind that he was fine during Masaru’s younger ages. Could it have something to do with Saiga finding out about his step-son’s wrongdoings? Looking forward to getting more such answers in the coming episodes!

Little Eleonore’s hair colour during a few of the scenes was silver and at others the usual orange-ish. Is this another mistake of the hair colour, like Narumi’s earlier during the final moments of the Automata v Shirogane arc, or a foreshadowing of some sort? Did anyone else notice this?
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Feb 21, 2019 9:43 AM
Aug 2016
Did i miss something? If this Francine is donezo, it means she wasn't originally the Midnight circus leader or i just missed some explanation somewhere?
Feb 21, 2019 10:51 AM

Feb 2016
Good episode, It has been a while since this anime delivered some good stuff.

So that's how Francine was born and left with Guy.

So, what is Francine then? was this the real one, or did just the other puppets betrayed her in favor of the "soft stone"? If she's the real one, what happened that made her the enemy of Narumi? Each time something gets answered there's a lot of questions coming.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Feb 21, 2019 11:09 AM

Feb 2013
Was that really the original Francine? I can't see that being the case, it was too weird to see those automata attack her.
Feb 21, 2019 11:16 AM

Nov 2008
There were just so many things wrong with this episode.

Let's just look at Francine and her last moments:

- she is dissolving into nothing and only her hands are left holding the baby - ah, excuse me - what is holding up her arms?

- and as she is dissolving away she also somehow is able to punch a huge hole in the well wall, leading somewhere, from which all the aqua vitae drains away - to where?

- and going back a bit, the rest of the puppets don't recognize her, why?

- and going further back, Angelica decides "to hell" with everyone suffering from the nanomachine disease because Francine helped out with the delivery

- and oh yes, somehow the "soft stone" transferred to the baby - before or after birth

This story line must have been written by a random text generating program.

The only question left is - will we continue in Flashback Hell next episode in order to explain away all these idiot actions (with the appropriate ass-pulls) or will we get back to some aspect of the present story?
Feb 21, 2019 11:23 AM

Aug 2014
Ulquiorra said:
Was that really the original Francine? I can't see that being the case, it was too weird to see those automata attack her.

Just the original automatas obeys franchine. Remember the last arc, how just the big hour can't disobey.
Feb 21, 2019 12:26 PM

Jul 2015
well i ll say it again i dont like going to the past and flash backs but those are quite enjoyable and explain a lot of stuff so im glad tho

Well...
Feb 21, 2019 12:43 PM

Aug 2013
This series bugs me with its continuity at times. I really wish they didn't cut out so much stuff. Granted I'm hoping with this tragic ending that flashback hell is over. But honestly I'm probably just gonna put the rest of the series on hold since watching it weekly is only making me confused on how to feel about it completely. RIP Angelina tho.
Don't believe the hype.
Feb 21, 2019 12:57 PM

Oct 2017
Ulquiorra said:

It's be explained later.
Feb 21, 2019 4:07 PM

Feb 2014
Francine and Angelica, two great mother figures in their own way. The gears are finally changing.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Feb 21, 2019 6:20 PM
Jan 2019
Another beautiful story of this series with a tragic ending :(.
Feb 21, 2019 7:39 PM

Nov 2013
Ulquiorra said:
Just my guess but maybe those automatas are not part of Francine's Midnight Circus. Probably newer ones made by Francine's creator (currently named Sadayoshi? who continued living by keep transferring his brains/memories)

Well, just a pure speculation, next episodes should give us the answer.
Feb 22, 2019 3:52 AM
Apr 2015
Ulquiorra said:
it was too weird to see those automata attack her.

It is undeniable fact that she's the real deal and don't forgetthe fact that during the previous arc, normal automata can still move on their own freewill while the rest (original 4 automata) can't disobey the fake Francine.

The biggest question about this episode is Lucile having no idea as to what really happened with Francine. It doesn't seem like they knew the factthat Francine disappeared or fused with Eleanor.

As a non-manga reader I really find this episode one of the best next to episode 4. It really hit me hard when Francine and Angelina are about to die.
Feb 22, 2019 5:25 AM

Aug 2013
Good episode.

Francine smiled in this episode.

Feb 22, 2019 12:26 PM

May 2018
Ya know this was jaz one episode where I found myself touched, by the sacrifices of the characters her for the baby.
Feb 23, 2019 11:17 AM

Dec 2018
geez enough with flashback
Feb 24, 2019 7:18 AM

Dec 2014
wow...that was such a impactful episode.... so francis died like this...hmmm I am feeling sad...why didn't the puppets recognize her though
Feb 28, 2019 9:26 AM

Jan 2016
dbaranyi said:
There were just so many things wrong with this episode.

Let's just look at Francine and her last moments:

- she is dissolving into nothing and only her hands are left holding the baby - ah, excuse me - what is holding up her arms?

You know that in a liquid people can... swim/float? And they can do so while stretching their arms upward too...

- and as she is dissolving away she also somehow is able to punch a huge hole in the well wall, leading somewhere, from which all the aqua vitae drains away - to where?

Around a stone well there is earth... earth that absorbs water...and aqua vitae...

- and going back a bit, the rest of the puppets don't recognize her, why?

It will be explained later.

- and going further back, Angelica decides "to hell" with everyone suffering from the nanomachine disease because Francine helped out with the delivery

Yeah, I don't know if you have noticed but it's been 40 years Angelina is not filled with lust for vengeance like the other shiroganes (precisely because Lucille spared her this life by casting her away if you have been following the storyline). And Taking Francine apart won't stop the midnight circus.

- and oh yes, somehow the "soft stone" transferred to the baby - before or after birth

Yes, what's the the problem with that?

This story line must have been written by a random text generating program.

Well, it seems to be that you are randomely generating criticism without trying to judge if they are relevant or if they can't be explained with minimal thinking.
Mar 30, 2019 7:59 AM

Nov 2016
These episodes are good and we had enough exposition beforehand, yet I still feel that the depicted events are suffering from overly fast pace.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 23, 2019 2:10 PM

Jun 2014
Angelina died, so that doll Francine could escape with Eleonore, but it appears that Francine was also destroyed by the Aqua Vitae while in the well.

Guy took Eleonore, and now we know how she ended up with him.

Jul 17, 2019 3:02 PM

Jul 2015
Loved the battle between Guy and Doll francine about who did take better care of Eleonore

Pretty emotional episode, with Doll francine laughing and offering herself up to save Eleonore, and Angelina's death

I wonder how Sadayoshi becomes the big evil

Jul 24, 2019 7:29 PM

Dec 2015
Best episode so far despite the extreme rush
Nov 7, 2019 8:35 PM

May 2018
Tears...tears..falling like the rain...

"Are you intoxicated, or just insane?"
May 2, 2023 5:37 AM
Apr 2021
i said "stop it" at tha end
Dec 3, 2023 2:34 AM

Jan 2022
This series has an obsession with shoving melodramatic moments, that fail to land, down the viewers throat. To the point where I cringe and have to roll my eyes even.

However, this is the first time I actually got emotional watching this show. Very well done episode.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Karakuri Circus Episode 36 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2019

51 by ohnaur »»
Dec 5, 2023 2:19 AM

» Was it well received in japan?

SinDrake - Nov 15, 2023

3 by SinDrake »»
Nov 17, 2023 11:45 AM

Poll: » Karakuri Circus Episode 34 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2019

20 by DANIELLL224 »»
Oct 16, 2023 9:49 AM

Poll: » Karakuri Circus Episode 31 Discussion

Stark700 - May 23, 2019

22 by Dawizz »»
Aug 17, 2023 12:01 AM

» Why so low score?

Laxus07 - May 3, 2019

38 by wolfwing »»
Jul 17, 2023 5:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.