Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
That Time I got Reincarnated as a Slime
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 18, 2019 7:20 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Seems Rimuru will never forget what Shizu told him shortly before she passed on.

Looks like we're getting more adventure of Rimuru. Pretty interesting world building if you ask me. Away from the fighting, Yuuki also showed up this episode and it didn't take long to reveal some of his true nature.

Seen plenty of Rimuru's abilities but he still never ceases to amaze me.
Feb 18, 2019 8:46 AM
Oct 2018
Neat Salt Bae reference

Feb 18, 2019 8:48 AM
Dec 2018
Considering just how far this episode got, and considering what they cut out, I would expect us to actually hit that volume 4 cliffhanger by the end of Episode 23. And all of the little references to other manga series (Houseki No Kuni), and even that forth wall break with Yuuki having an issue of Shounen Sirus where Rimuru is on the front cover. I thought this episode was very fun, and we also have Rimuru starting to come into his own as an active protagonist.
Feb 18, 2019 9:02 AM
Jan 2018
If I'm not mistaken the 2 years thing is a mistake
Feb 18, 2019 9:08 AM

Feb 2017
jaw201 said:
Considering just how far this episode got, and considering what they cut out, I would expect us to actually hit that volume 4 cliffhanger by the end of Episode 23. And all of the little references to other manga series (Houseki No Kuni), and even that forth wall break with Yuuki having an issue of Shounen Sirus where Rimuru is on the front cover. I thought this episode was very fun, and we also have Rimuru starting to come into his own as an active protagonist.

lol I didn't catch that xD
Feb 18, 2019 9:14 AM

Jul 2012
Mattinator95 said:

Not really, it's only mentioned a little later in the LN that might be about a week or two after where this episode takes place.
Feb 18, 2019 9:24 AM

Apr 2018
I enjoyed this episode more than the previous one.
Feb 18, 2019 9:28 AM

Sep 2018
They skiped and changed soo much in this episode im curious to see how will they explain some things later on.....
well that's just my opinion.....
Feb 18, 2019 9:29 AM

Mar 2017
OMFG, didn't even finish the episode yet, but I had to just stop and stare at my screen at 2:26 into the episode.... They put in a damn "salt bae" meme reference. I honestly don't remember seeing this in the manga, so I'm assuming this was an anime original touch... I don't even know what to do anymore after this shit.
Kitsu - Waifu:Lilly Satou
Insert Useless Text Here
Are you a female, speak a language outside of english, and have a lot of built up anger? Then why not send me a hurtful message full of your burning hate for my existence. Leaving an english translation is optional, all hate is appreciated.
Feb 18, 2019 9:30 AM
Jan 2018
zedar89 said:
Mattinator95 said:

Not really, it's only mentioned a little later in the LN that might be about a week or two after where this episode takes place.

Unless it counts his cave time which was either 120 days or 7 months
Feb 18, 2019 9:33 AM

Dec 2011
This is the first time that i don't give the episode a full point.They skip over about 4 chapters of the manga :(
Feb 18, 2019 9:38 AM

Sep 2012
Damn, they skipped a lot. I don't know why they rushed that much...
Feb 18, 2019 9:42 AM
Dec 2018
Farmaceut said:
They skiped and changed soo much in this episode im curious to see how will they explain some things later on.....

I'm pretty sure on what they omitted but what exactly did they change? I couldn't really notice the changes.
Feb 18, 2019 9:50 AM

Oct 2014
jaw201 said:
Farmaceut said:

I'm pretty sure on what they omitted but what exactly did they change? I couldn't really notice the changes.

Milim left without Dragon Knuckles (unless they'll later explain that she got those off-screen at some point).
Rimuru went alone and directly to Ingraccia instead of going with the 3 adventurers to Blumund first. So he never learned Demon Summoning from the examiner for the adventurer test.
Well, the map showed that he passed through Blumund so they can still show that part in a future OVA what Rimuru might have done when he "stopped by". Alternatively Rimuru can learn Demon Summoning from the Freedom Guild HQ since its a spell neccessary for examiners of B-rank subjugation-adventurer exams.
Feb 18, 2019 9:55 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
That was not the direction I expected the story to suddenly go down but alright
Feb 18, 2019 9:55 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Anastasia32 said:
Neat Salt Bae reference

Yeah, I saw that too. What an incredibly random thing to pop up.

Loved the mention of Oh My Goddess too!
FarabeufFeb 18, 2019 10:13 AM
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 18, 2019 10:05 AM

Apr 2015
And the greatest ability of Great Sage is finally revealed...

The power to make Manga and Light Novels based on the memory of Rimuru!
who cares about 100% recovery health potions when you can have manga!

and seriously if anyone of us were isekaied and after a few years a stranger also came into our world we all would ask him for the mangas we missed and if One Piece finally ended

also Salt meme! :)
Feb 18, 2019 10:11 AM

Sep 2018
Grey-Zone said:
jaw201 said:

Milim left without Dragon Knuckles (unless they'll later explain that she got those off-screen at some point).
Rimuru went alone and directly to Ingraccia instead of going with the 3 adventurers to Blumund first. So he never learned Demon Summoning from the examiner for the adventurer test.
Well, the map showed that he passed through Blumund so they can still show that part in a future OVA what Rimuru might have done when he "stopped by". Alternatively Rimuru can learn Demon Summoning from the Freedom Guild HQ since its a spell neccessary for examiners of B-rank subjugation-adventurer exams.

Thank you for answering in my place you said everything,also Rimuru didnt get ID from Fuse he used his adventurer ID(because Blumund Gulid is part Freedom Ass. that Yuuki is Guildmaster) and in manga,LN, and WN kids were between 7 and 9 years old(Gale 9,Alice 7 and the rest were 8 year olds),and Rimuru didnt even give Milim Knuckels in Anime......
well that's just my opinion.....
Feb 18, 2019 10:15 AM

Dec 2018
I knew that this would happen when the staff said to adapt all the manga until today, by order of the committee, the thing is that at least if they leave with a certain scene
it will be an epic ending.
Feb 18, 2019 10:27 AM
Mar 2016
Fede_5000 said:
I knew that this would happen when the staff said to adapt all the manga until today, by order of the committee, the thing is that at least if they leave with a certain scene
it will be an epic ending.

and they gonna hype that event
to the point that it could boost LN sale even more
Feb 18, 2019 10:37 AM
Jul 2018
It feels like this arc will be boring, i mean saving those kids isnt really interesting because all he did so far was saving people, also this land of the lustrious easter egg was nice
Feb 18, 2019 10:38 AM
Jan 2018
Alot of stuff that was skipped could become OVAs ..heck this Series is OVA material. They could pretty much do a side season with all the skipped and cut stuff . To love Ru did something like that I think

sasalx said:
Damn, they skipped a lot. I don't know why they rushed that much...

Anime committee . there's was an interview a while back where fuse showed disappointed in the cut content and what the orginal plan for the anime was untill the committee decided agianst it amongst other things

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
DeadlyRavenMar 14, 2020 1:06 AM
Feb 18, 2019 10:42 AM
Dec 2011
I'm impressed that no one said anything about the new character, kagurazaka yuuki. I actually came here just to see if anyone would spill the beans.
Feb 18, 2019 10:48 AM

Dec 2017
JokerxHisoka said:
I'm impressed that no one said anything about the new character, kagurazaka yuuki. I actually came here just to see if anyone would spill the beans.

no one mentioned him because he didn't make much impact. People tend to notice characters with more impact.

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

Feb 18, 2019 10:48 AM

Sep 2017
Feb 18, 2019 10:50 AM

Dec 2017
Many users are complaining about anime skipping a lot of chapters. Well I guess I should start reading manga from now on

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

Feb 18, 2019 10:52 AM

Mar 2017
That was a great episode. I felt like the series needed a change and this was just perfect. Also i'd make a living in that world just mass producing manga using Great Sage hahaha

Feb 18, 2019 10:58 AM

Aug 2013
What year was it when Satoshi died?
Please consider reading my novel for MAL x Honeyfeed Writing contest 2023 https://www.honeyfeed.fm/novels/12252
Feb 18, 2019 11:12 AM

Feb 2014
I hope that we'll get to see Milim again soon. I miss her already! T_T

Either way, Rimuru has headed off to Ingrassia to meet up with Yuuki Kagurazaka, who instantly recognised Shizu's mask that Rimuru was wearing and launched a surprise attack without warning, but Rimuru easily deflected it and told Yuuki to calm down.

After that, the two of them got into their discussion and it was entertaining. Despite the Great Sage's sour sulking, she was put into use here as Rimuru was able to produce a manga magazine that Yuuki read before back in Japan. I was able to recognise a few series on the magazines, like Land of the Lustrous, Oh My Goddess and even Cells At Work, judging by the book's binder side. That made me smile.

Things quickly got serious about the students that Shizu taught before and how little time left they have in this world, so Rimuru has got a tough job on his hands in winning the kids' trust, I'm sure that he'll succeed. =)
Feb 18, 2019 11:16 AM

Oct 2014
Meta_Yoshi said:
I hope that we'll get to see Milim again soon. I miss her already! T_T

Either way, Rimuru has headed off to Ingrassia to meet up with Yuuki Kagurazaka, who instantly recognised Shizu's mask that Rimuru was wearing and launched a surprise attack without warning, but Rimuru easily deflected it and told Yuuki to calm down.

After that, the two of them got into their discussion and it was entertaining. Despite the Great Sage's sour sulking, she was put into use here as Rimuru was able to produce a manga magazine that Yuuki read before back in Japan. I was able to recognise a few series on the magazines, like Land of the Lustrous, Oh My Goddess and even Cells At Work, judging by the book's binder side. That made me smile.

Things quickly got serious about the students that Shizu taught before and how little time left they have in this world, so Rimuru has got a tough job on his hands in winning the kids' trust, I'm sure that he'll succeed. =)

Rimuru also printed a copy about his own story, as seen here:

jaw201 said:
Feb 18, 2019 11:28 AM

Sep 2012
thevagus said:
JokerxHisoka said:

no one mentioned him because he didn't make much impact. People tend to notice characters with more impact.

"Not even close" is the only thing I will say.
Feb 18, 2019 11:32 AM
Dec 2011
sasalx said:
thevagus said:

and someone spilled haha
Feb 18, 2019 11:36 AM
Oct 2016
They had volume 9 of houseki no kuni in this episode. That made me happy.
Feb 18, 2019 11:39 AM
EDM ❤

May 2012
Makes me wonder how the anime is going to close out, next episode is an introduction to the students and we have 4 episodes left.
Feb 18, 2019 11:41 AM

Sep 2012
JokerxHisoka said:
sasalx said:

and someone spilled haha

Well, you planted the seed and I let it grow. Jokes aside, I am actually really surprised no one is talking about a certain scene in this episode. It's missable sure but you don't even need to know manga or WN or LN to notice it.
Feb 18, 2019 11:44 AM

Apr 2016
it was a pretty decent episode..
nice to see Houseki no kuni manga in this ep

Feb 18, 2019 11:45 AM
Dec 2018
MrParadise said:
Makes me wonder how the anime is going to close out, next episode is an introduction to the students and we have 4 episodes left.

The main story is ending on episode 23, there are only 3 episodes left, and episodes 24 and 25 are both side stories, with one being an anime original to bring in a fan favorite character from the LN that hasn't been introduced yet, and an anime adapation of a Manga original addition to the series. (Veldora Observation Diary)
Feb 18, 2019 11:45 AM

Dec 2016
Wow what a victory feast that is, I really want to be there right now, perfectly filleted by out master craftsman with the sword.

Ah the kids from the ending movie, now we get to learn about them.

That was quite the introduction, they only destroyed everything lol, either way it's nice to be able to talk to someone who like the same things as you do.

Final Fantasy 19 or XIX, we probably will see that game eventually.

Being able to make all those light novels/manga's is amazing, I'm glad he likes Houseki no Kuni, I gave it a 9/10, really enjoyed it.

I also hope that Rimuru can fulfill Shizu's wishes and save those children.
Feb 18, 2019 11:53 AM
Oct 2018
artanblacknight said:
And the greatest ability of Great Sage is finally revealed...

The power to make Manga and Light Novels based on the memory of Rimuru!
who cares about 100% recovery health potions when you can have manga!

and seriously if anyone of us were isekaied and after a few years a stranger also came into our world we all would ask him for the mangas we missed and if One Piece finally ended

also Salt meme! :)
it’s 99% not 100% and yes it is a big difference. as a point of reference the dwarf kingdom can only make 98%

sasalx said:
JokerxHisoka said:

and someone spilled haha

Well, you planted the seed and I let it grow. Jokes aside, I am actually really surprised no one is talking about a certain scene in this episode. It's missable sure but you don't even need to know manga or WN or LN to notice it.
What did I miss (i finished the wn btw so it’s okay to tell me

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
DeadlyRavenMar 14, 2020 1:09 AM
Feb 18, 2019 11:57 AM

Jul 2014
This episode was okay enough (a reasonable change of pace and a nice reconnection to one of this show's two good characters in Shizu), but Rimuru's been in that world for two years? The show has not really done a lot to make the passage of time clear, so I'd assumed it had only been a few months that he'd been in that world. The new character was pretty dull (and of course he'd be a massive weeb), and all the references didn't do anything for me whatsoever (is the show saying that Rimuru had a photographic memory back in his original world, given that he could perfectly recreate all that manga?).

Also, a salt bae meme in 2019? Seriously?
Feb 18, 2019 12:03 PM
Jan 2019
Now that was some HELL OF SKIPPING
Wtf.. " thanks to ranga.. i reached in 3 days" cant damn replace 4/5 chapters mister studio... you better make this into an ova or sth later you know.. my my my ...
At least we are into one of the best arcs now.. lets see how will they do.. i hope they make a decent ending to this Decent anime
Feb 18, 2019 12:14 PM

Jan 2018
Did Rimuru eat that library girl from FMA with the photographic memory? How the hell did he remember all that manga lmao

"I am not sure that I exist, actually. I am all the writers that I have read, all the
people that I have met, all the women that I have loved; all the cities I have visited.
"
― Jorge Luis Borges
[url=]Goodreads[/url] | [url=]Letterboxd[/url]

Feb 18, 2019 12:24 PM
🐰KawaiiDaikaiju🐲

Nov 2017
Farabeuf said:
Anastasia32 said:
Neat Salt Bae reference

Yeah, I saw that too. What an incredibly random thing to pop up.

Loved the mention of Oh My Goddess too!

Ooooh, Bell was one of my first waifu back in the day 😘

I just about died when Milim channeled Ultraman’s “Shuwatch!” when she took off 😂🤣😂🤣
gappasaurusFeb 20, 2019 7:02 PM
“SAITO! YOU NEED TO EXPLODE! FOR THE WORLD’S SAKE!”
Feb 18, 2019 12:25 PM
Dec 2018
Atavistic said:
Is the show saying that Rimuru had a photographic memory back in his original world, given that he could perfectly recreate all that manga?

Greyleaf said:
Did Rimuru eat that library girl from FMA with the photographic memory? How the hell did he remember all that manga lmao

Rimuru doesn't have a photographic memory, but Great Sage is able to recall everything from Rimuru's memory with 100% accuracy. Its less about Rimuru having the memory recall ability, and more Great Sage reproducing it from Rimuru's memory perfectly.
jaw201Feb 18, 2019 12:29 PM
Feb 18, 2019 12:32 PM

Oct 2014
jaw201 said:
Atavistic said:
Is the show saying that Rimuru had a photographic memory back in his original world, given that he could perfectly recreate all that manga?

Greyleaf said:

Rimuru doesn't have a photographic memory, but Great Sage is able to recall everything from Rimuru's memory with 100% accuracy. Its less about Rimuru having the memory recall ability, and more Great Sage reproducing it from Rimuru's memory perfectly.

After all Great Sage could even "play" his memory and show it to others like a VR video.
Feb 18, 2019 12:36 PM

Dec 2018
Anastasia32 said:
Neat Salt Bae reference

LMAO IM AS DEAD AS SHIZU IS
Feb 18, 2019 12:48 PM

Jul 2015
wait the salt bae tho

Well...
Feb 18, 2019 12:55 PM

Mar 2014
Glad I'm not the only one that noticed that Salt Bae moment

Series was starting to drag a bit for me with such a huge cast, looking forward to more Rimuru-focused episodes!
Feb 18, 2019 1:05 PM

Jan 2013
Even bigger chucks of the story are left out.

I think they don't really believe this would get a second (technically, third) season...
Signature removed. It was too good for this cruel world.
Feb 18, 2019 1:14 PM
Jan 2016
Good episode!

How lucky, Rimuru taking bath with girls!

Awesome Rimuru talking with Grandmaster about their world, looked like a conversation in real world! xD

Rimuru dream made him go to Capital to find Shizu's students, Rimuru found them really quickly, hope he manage to save them!
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Why does he choose the opposite gender? ( 1 2 )

jaisan - Oct 15, 2018

50 by Reevansingh21 »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 28, 2019

129 by SpikeVann »»
Today, 1:29 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 19, 2018

290 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Apr 21, 3:53 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Jiharo - Feb 11, 2019

227 by GavrocheN7 »»
Apr 19, 5:17 AM

» rimuru is the bad guy

Rukasumi - Apr 11

2 by felixsifuri »»
Apr 12, 11:53 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.