Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Date A Live (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 8, 2019 4:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh hell yes, Kotori and that transformation! It's about time this season gave her a more serious role. Everyone also fighting the good fight.

Also, it seems Natsumi is fighting on Shidou's this episode. Heh, her magic is amusing to watch if you ask me. I also find her kinda sensitive when she expresses her real feelings. Origami and that intervention though.
Feb 8, 2019 6:11 AM

Dec 2018
the harem is the worst defect of the anime
Feb 8, 2019 6:35 AM

Jun 2012
That Camael's weapon form is the best thing that happened in this episode if not for that cold stare of Origami at the end.
Feb 8, 2019 7:20 AM
Jan 2018
They must have cut natsumis capture for some reason
Feb 8, 2019 7:22 AM

Nov 2008
Mattinator95 said:
They must have cut natsumis capture for some reason

Probably to rush things (JC Staff you know), at least they didn't cut the kiss out though because that was glorious especially since Natsumi made the first move.

Feb 8, 2019 8:09 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Pretty mediocre of an episode, in all honesty.

But playing the Op during the fight scene was really awesome, it really blended in with the fight astonishingly well. Absolutely loved that! Regarding the fight, I was not sure why it was so difficult for the Spirits to take the satellites down but I’m assuming they were reinforced with magic there as we saw the shots deflected making it hard for the shots from the Spirits to take it down. Also, that large army must’ve been the main force from the armless, thanks to Westcott, commanders. Natsumi is definitely really strong too, and lol she was the lollipop this whole time. She can be really heartless at times, but it was nice to see what followed soon after. Origami appearing in the end there though like a total badass was cool, looks like next episode will feature her more than this judging by the next episode’s preview so I’m looking forward to seeing how that pans out!

On another note, Natsumi has finally gave in and it was sweet to see that! Lol @ her attempts at the start of the episode to find out the real thoughts of Shido and co though, Kotori was obviously clueless about this. Speaking of Kotori, it was nice to see with her spirit form again, fianlly some actual focus on her! Ellen appearing in Shido’s house suddenly like that was a bit shocking but good thing luck favoured Shido there, curious to see how Westcott and Ellen go about things this time around.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Feb 8, 2019 8:25 AM

Mar 2015
All of Kotori's scenes were amazing that I don't give a damn that the others were treated mediocre lol.

Give me more of these stuff:

And also these stuffs:

Feb 8, 2019 8:39 AM
Feb 2019
Pretty sad that the transformation of Natsumi got cut out.

Nice Scenes from Kotori. Enjoyed it really much to watch.

That Natsumi was hidden as the Loli was so obvious tbh.

Liked that they played the opsong while the fight.

Am i the only one waitin for Kurumi to appear ?
Feb 8, 2019 10:07 AM

Mar 2016
Fede_5000 said:
the harem is the worst defect of the anime

but it's the main engine, so no point in trying to complain about that right now.
Feb 8, 2019 11:03 AM

Jul 2017
Natsumi finally gave in and is officially part of the harem, whilst Origami looks to be fighting against Shido and the gang. Interesting.
Feb 8, 2019 11:07 AM

Jul 2014
This episode should have been really good as a climactic ending to Natsumi's arc, but unfortunately as I was afraid of the animation completely ruined things: the action looked shockingly bad and that completely hindered my engagement with what was happening (as did some of the weird moments like Natsumi being able to escape with ease for little apparent reason).

Looks like we're moving into Origami's arc next, which should hopefully be handled a bit better throughout than this episode was.
Feb 8, 2019 11:09 AM
Jan 2017
This episode was great, but it wasn't as amazing as the previous episodes. The action scene was great, but it feels as if the story arc's climax was rushed in order to focus on Origami's story arc. I wanted to see an adaptation to Origami's story arc but I feel as if Natsumi's story arc suffered for it, especially the climax.

It was great to see the Spirits working together to save the city, much like what happened in Mayuri Judgment. We also see Natsumi reach her moment of self-realization and help Shido and co. when they really need her. Unfortunately, Natsumi's portrayal in this episode felt a bit rushed. Don't get me wrong, it was good to see Natsumi join the good guys, but in my opinion, it felt like something the story needs Natsumi to do, not something that Natsumi would do under natural circumstances. Her character development felt a bit rushed, and an additional episode would have been nice to complete that character development, but I guess the production team really wanted to focus on Origami.

Natsumi's story arc started off red hot and while the ending could have been better, this episode still delivered a satisfying conclusion. Now, it's Origami's turn to be the star and I'm looking forward to see how she develops in this story arc. Date A Live is one of the best shows for this season!
Feb 8, 2019 11:18 AM

Jan 2015
What is wrong with J.C. Staff seriously. Why would they ever use so many still frames during a full action episode. Honestly, they were never that good animation-wise, but this anime has seriously a lower budget than a low-budget anime

Animation aside, it was a great episode. Really enjoyed it
Feb 8, 2019 11:20 AM

Feb 2015
Its a shame JC Staff could only be arsed to animate half the episode. Stupid still shots everywhere in the most important moments, very disappointing.

Other than the sub standard production it was a solid episode.
Feb 8, 2019 11:22 AM

Jul 2014
Holy shit, the animation really turned me down this time, i know Date A Live wasn't supposed to be a really great anime but at least there are a lot important moments in the prequels were being nailed done better than this and animation is also one of the keys so it can delivers at least for me, because in terms of animation the sequel looks totally left behind comparing to the prequels, for example almost every kisisng moments are memorable but Natsumi just feels meh to me. Are they running low of budget or save it for more important moments later? If the latter, then i hope they'll make it better next time..

And since i don't read the light novel, can anyone tell me when Kurumi starts to appear again? I miss her so much...
Feb 8, 2019 11:28 AM
Jan 2018
Crocospect22 said:
Holy shit, the animation really turned me down this time, i know Date A Live wasn't supposed to be a really great anime but at least there are a lot important moments in the prequels were being nailed done better than this and animation is also one of the keys so it can delivers at least for me, because in terms of animation the sequel looks totally left behind comparing to the prequels. Are they running out of budget or save it for more important moments later? If the latter, then i hope they'll make it better next time..

And since i don't read the light novel, can anyone tell me when Kurumi starts to appear again? I miss her so much...

JC stuff don't give a shit about this season. Wouldn't blame them if the season was just shoved at them at last min due to the old stuido going bankrupt . But it's clear that this series isn't even on thier priority list

Whoever gave them the budget probably didn't care either

It depends if they outsource it more
Mattinator95Feb 8, 2019 11:32 AM
Feb 8, 2019 11:37 AM
Sep 2015
Mattinator95 said:
Crocospect22 said:
Holy shit, the animation really turned me down this time, i know Date A Live wasn't supposed to be a really great anime but at least there are a lot important moments in the prequels were being nailed done better than this and animation is also one of the keys so it can delivers at least for me, because in terms of animation the sequel looks totally left behind comparing to the prequels. Are they running out of budget or save it for more important moments later? If the latter, then i hope they'll make it better next time..

JC stuff don't give a shit about this season. Wouldn't blame them if the season was just shoved at them at last min due to the old stuido going bankrupt . But it's clear that this series isn't even on thier priority list

Whoever gave them the budget probably didn't care either

It depends if they outsource it more

Too bad, it's not JC Staff but ENGI who was in charge of the animation :P
Feb 8, 2019 11:38 AM
Sep 2015
Crashmatt said:
Its a shame JC Staff could only be arsed to animate half the episode. Stupid still shots everywhere in the most important moments, very disappointing.

Other than the sub standard production it was a solid episode.

Feb 8, 2019 11:38 AM
Sep 2015
Xenocrisi said:
What is wrong with J.C. Staff seriously. Why would they ever use so many still frames during a full action episode. Honestly, they were never that good animation-wise, but this anime has seriously a lower budget than a low-budget anime

Feb 8, 2019 11:39 AM

Jul 2012
Really want to like this season like always this story, but this just getting worse, just feels like typical for J.C. Lots of scenes felt completely random and with the outstanding animation it felt awful. And in the middle there were pictures-literally of Shido running, don't know if it was intentional, but that looked pathetic ...
Plotwise why no one even considered Natsumi turning herself into Kotori, that just felt so strange and stupid ...
And all the girls offering their help, why wasn't they helping before?!
I don't know i liked to some extent this new season before, but this just felt so dissapointing ...
Feb 8, 2019 11:45 AM

Dec 2016
Pretty easy to figure out that Natsumi took the form of Kotori there.

Awesome seeing Kotori user her spirit powers, even though it was for a very short time, she was such a badass in the moment, what a huge blast that was.

Origami got a very powerful suit by the looks of it, she might even be able to fight the a spirit evenly now.

Natsumi finally gave in to all the love and support, just in time as well to help everyone save the day.

Wow lol, she just went in all in with the kiss lol, funny listening to the girl tease him about it as well.

All right there she is, guess we will have quite the fight on our hands next time, should be interesting and quite possibly exciting as well.

I wonder when we will get to see Kurumi?
Feb 8, 2019 11:49 AM
Jan 2018
MrBefruit said:
Xenocrisi said:

Others would have worked on it as a well
Feb 8, 2019 11:53 AM
Sep 2015
Mattinator95 said:
MrBefruit said:

Others would have worked on it as a well

ENGI do a far better job, but this is their limit. Their laking of time in their Schedule, we have to pray for it Don't get worse.
Feb 8, 2019 12:25 PM

Jan 2013
you know things are not good when an episode resort to still images for several scenes.
Natsumi is still annoying
Feb 8, 2019 12:37 PM
Nov 2015
That was probably the worst decision they took, they rushed the climax of Natsumi's arc in this episode when it should have been at least 2 episodes to adapt it properly. I know Origami's arc is incredible from beggining to end but it didn't make me happy Natsumi's arc suffered due to that.
Feb 8, 2019 1:33 PM

Jun 2016
Kotori finally gets some really badass moments and screentime, but it’s so disappointing because of the animation.

Best girl deserves better.
Help the industry and buy Blu-rays and DVD's.
Noragami is the best anime ever.
Feb 8, 2019 1:44 PM

Apr 2015
Good to see Kotori transform again. Sure been a while. Finally Natsumi is part of the harem, Shido now has 2 lolis!

JC Staff, what are you doing to Tohka? She looks so flat XD It's saddening...

Action scenes were honestly disappointing, too many still shots. Atleast the budget was spend for Kotori's transformation/action scene.

GoaTw0w said:

Definitely needs more Kurumi...
CeddyyBearrFeb 9, 2019 12:26 AM
Feb 8, 2019 2:19 PM

Dec 2017
damn, i don't even know what to say. this was just a mess, both the direction and the animation. the previous episode gave me a little bit of hope and it was pretty entertaining, this one was hot garbage though
Feb 8, 2019 2:30 PM

Jan 2013
CeddyyBearr said:
Good to see Kotori transform again. Sure been a while. Finally Natsumi is part of the harem, Shido now has 2 lolis!

Action scenes were honestly disappointing, too many still shots. Atleast the budget was spend for Kotori's transformation.

GoaTw0w said:

Definitely needs more Kurumi...

Put your BUDGET thing in your ass & look this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nN4MkyfBNac&t=41s
Feb 8, 2019 2:55 PM

Jun 2017
Yes...

Yes!

YES!

Yuzuru is an absolute keeper!

Kotori in action was very nice too, man it was in ages since we last seen her do something.

Looking forward to Origami's arc but I am not a fan of her being an enemy...yet again.
Feb 8, 2019 3:07 PM
Jul 2015
Still frames as action scenes. Amazing.
The animation quality of this episode was really bad again. It's a pretty big turn off.
Even the OP and ED have really bad frames in them.
Alright episode, kind of a let down tbh
Feb 8, 2019 3:35 PM

Feb 2016
I don't know what everyone was complaining about in concern to the animation. But, then again. I know it's not spectacular either.

Anyways, I thought Natsumi's arc was done last week pretty much. So, I was surprised she was the main focus of this episode. But, the fight scenes were pretty good. Especially Kotori's. Hopefully, we'll start on Origami's arc next week.
Feb 8, 2019 3:38 PM
Nov 2015
UtopiaBeyond said:
I don't know what everyone was complaining about in concern to the animation. But, then again. I know it's not spectacular either.

Anyways, I thought Natsumi's arc was done last week pretty much. So, I was surprised she was the main focus of this episode. But, the fight scenes were pretty good. Especially Kotori's. Hopefully, we'll start on Origami's arc next week.

I think I told you last week that Natsumi's arc wasn't done yet and that an arc in Date A Live is over when Shidou seals the spirit in question. In fact, they should have spent 2 more episodes on her instead of just 1 but they decided to rush her arc in order to give Origami's arc 7 episodes apparently.
Feb 8, 2019 4:14 PM

Feb 2014
Origami Arc incoming!! Though I prefer her as a side character that entertains.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Feb 8, 2019 4:30 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
needs more JGSDF... theyre the best part of this show<3
Feb 8, 2019 4:52 PM

Feb 2016
I mean how rushed exactly was this finale of Natsumi's arc?
Feb 8, 2019 4:59 PM

Apr 2013
Loved how the small cute Natsumi took Shido by surprise and kissed him.
Finally Origami's arc, shine my ̶A̶n̶g̶e̶l̶ Devil
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Feb 8, 2019 5:16 PM

May 2018
action scene was really bad, but on the plus side Kotori's huge gun thing is awesome
This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.
Feb 8, 2019 5:28 PM
Aug 2016
The still images ruin this episode for me. are they tried to save budget or they didn't finish the episode in time?

Feb 8, 2019 7:04 PM

Sep 2010
CeddyyBearr said:
-snip-
Action scenes were honestly disappointing, too many still shots. Atleast the budget was spend for Kotori's transformation.
-snip-
So Kotori burned through the animation budget so fast while in spirit-form that they had to use some still shots later. If she'd lost control of herself, maybe we'd have been left with only sketches. xD

GoaTw0w said:
-snip-
-snip-
Somehow I didn't connect the green candy with Origami's earlier suggestion that Natsumi could take the form of an inanimate object. Was interesting when I realized that Natsumi had been with Shido the entire time he was calling out for her.

IzayoiSk said:
-snip-
Put your BUDGET thing in your ass & look this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nN4MkyfBNac&t=41s
No, I think they're actually getting some of the key frames wrong, not the in-betweens.

Tohka, shoulders too wide.

Tohka, correct proportions. (Although looking at this still image for longer, Shido's left hand seems a bit off.

Say the two spirits that did the same thing in some empty forest. xD
TakataFeb 8, 2019 8:07 PM
Feb 8, 2019 7:28 PM

Jun 2015
Kotori, Origami, and Kurumi all getting some screentime next arc, hype time hehe.

Also the still shots were awfully timed, leave it to poor production to make this sequel look even worse.
Feb 8, 2019 9:28 PM

Nov 2011
Episode was a slight disappointment but whatever. Natsumi's arc was getting pretty stale. And this upcoming arc I hope is only 2 episodes because it's pretty predictable what will happen with Origami.

They need to bring back Kurumi immediately. That will Spice up this anime.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Feb 8, 2019 10:52 PM

May 2014
SoraSenpai said:
Episode was a slight disappointment but whatever. Natsumi's arc was getting pretty stale. And this upcoming arc I hope is only 2 episodes because it's pretty predictable what will happen with Origami.

The next arc will most likely be the rest of the season, at least as long as most of it is adapted.

By the way,

I do doubt it's as predictable as you think. You might think it'll be predictable, but oh boy, you will see yourself wrong.

Origami's arc is a fucking ride. That's where Date A Live gets really good, in my opinion. It's really great. You will already see why. ;)

On another note, the fight was alright, but too many still images. I hope they still have budget to properly animate the next episodes...
Feb 9, 2019 1:21 AM

Apr 2015
Ranma1-2 said:
SoraSenpai said:

The next arc will most likely be the rest of the season, at least as long as most of it is adapted.

By the way,

I do doubt it's as predictable as you think. You might think it'll be predictable, but oh boy, you will see yourself wrong.

Origami's arc is a fucking ride. That's where Date A Live gets really good, in my opinion. It's really great. You will already see why. ;)

On another note, the fight was alright, but too many still images. I hope they still have budget to properly animate the next episodes...

Your words are definitely something to look forward to!!
Feb 9, 2019 4:12 AM
Jan 2018
Found this on a comment about this episode

Regarding episode 5 quality, new informations.
- First of all, ENGI was already working on it when they work on episode 4 (that's why it was outsourced to two studio including ENGI). They were focused on episode 5 with their main force.
- There were good scenes in this episode, we could enjoy it, personnaly I liked it (already watched it 4 times). The fire effect on kotori with gungnir is pretty good.
- Still, this wasn't enough, like you saw in the action scene near the end.
- Why the action scene was static (pictures) ? Because they didn't finish on time. It was only cleaned key frame without inbetweens. It's pretty worrisome. They did their best, well, at least it will be finished for BD, so it's not a big deal.
- Why are there many meh face ? That's because there was only one Animation Director (AD), yes only one, one guy to correct everything. What is an AD ? It's the people who correct drawing error like meh face and body proportion. In comparison, they were 9 AD on EP3 and 6 on EP4.
- We could expect a break near the end ( a week without episode), it wouldn't be surprising since they are facing production delay (they "finished EP5 at the last minute).
- In the worse case, some episodes could be un-aired.

Last thing, JC Staff didn't do anything for the animation. They stole ENGI who work much more than JC but are not credited as studio in the OP.

So what will happen most likely is that episodes will be fixed for Blu Ray release as they don't have time while the season is airing . This could have been avoided if the series was delayed but nope .

So it will be awhile untill the episodes are updated to the Blu Ray / version that's if major changes happen .
Mattinator95Feb 9, 2019 4:23 AM
Feb 9, 2019 5:36 AM

Sep 2010
CeddyyBearr said:
Hm... But the movie is the same. Her chest looks flatter just in that outfit (or its half-astral-dress variant) for some reason.
Feb 9, 2019 7:36 AM
Feb 2019
Still waiting for kurumi's show off
Feb 9, 2019 7:55 AM
Feb 2019
GoaTw0w said:

ur not the only one, im dying inside lol
Feb 9, 2019 8:00 AM
Feb 2019
Idk she appears on 3 episodes in season one, in 2 episodes season 2, hasnt appeared season 3, and he does only appear 20 seconds on the movie, besides the reservated ova that was pretty sad but stilll irrelevant to the anime, blame on them, i know what is she gonna do but not how, i love her ahhhhhh xD
Feb 9, 2019 8:37 AM

Jul 2014
I've never really complained about the animation but damn, it really took a nosedive in this episode, we have not only the weird faces but also a lot of still shots.....in the middle of a fight (this really reminded me of the final battle in Qualidea Code when you can even hear conversations but only see still shots, then they fixed it in the BD version xD).

Also, excuse me but wtf, Yuzuru has bigger tits than Miku and Tohka is flat? lol

Leaving aside the animation, the episode was fun as always, Miku's giant pout was hilarious, it's great to see Kotori transformed and I never imagined that Natsumi was the lollipop. And she was finally sealed, I loved how she was embarrassed and then she just went for the kiss, the scene after this was very funny too.

Now it's time to save Origami I guess, let's see how it goes.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Date A Live Ⅲ Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2019

138 by NubFix »»
May 5, 2:49 AM

Poll: » Date A Live Ⅲ Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2019

199 by MinaseNagi »»
Apr 23, 5:19 AM

Poll: » Female (only) anime viewers Reviews on Tokisaki Kurumi.

Zark_42 - Apr 20

0 by Zark_42 »»
Apr 20, 2:22 PM

Poll: » Date A Live Ⅲ Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2019

118 by -DxP- »»
Apr 6, 1:45 PM

» who

Remoerus - Oct 29, 2021

16 by Youre_boyIruma »»
Feb 28, 4:50 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.