Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jan 17, 2019 9:28 PM

Aug 2012
EGOIST said:
nightcrawlercyp said:
Not necessarily . It depends what info they have available. Boiling some herbs and making a sleeping potion for the two does not seem so hard if they get the info from some book.
You're really underestimating the two of them.

nightcrawlercyp said:
what do you mean krone dirty?
Krone was introduced to be quite a terror in the manga. Someone that gives off the "I'm watching you 24/7" vibes but they introduced her in the anime as seemingly harmless so it did throw away any first impressions on her and how it will be effective later on.
the first time I saw her I thought Mother Mae-Eye http://teentitans.wikia.com/wiki/Mother_Mae-Eye
Jan 17, 2019 9:40 PM

Dec 2018
I'm actually not bothered that there isn't as much monologue in this adaptation. I like seeing things unfold rather than them just telling me how they feel. And the visuals in this series are really good so far! Sister Krone has an offputting design, but she somehow doesn't look as bad in animation form than in the manga?
Jan 17, 2019 9:57 PM
Mar 2014
nightcrawlercyp said:
Great episode but I got a curiosity. There seem to be no black kids but the second mom is a black woman. Seems a bit weird since kids link better to caregivers belonging to their own race. Am I missing something? Also Krone looks creepy like hell. She looks like the witch from Hansel and Gretel. Even without the knowledge about the monsters I would be scared of her. And one question: does anyone know why they choose the harvesting time of 12 years? Are teenager and adult brains tasting bad?

Idk if it's really a spoiler on the brain thing but

The orphanage is mixed race.
Jan 17, 2019 10:23 PM
Dec 2017
i wonder if there are more "farms" in this world and different types as they need a way to restock each farm. so if that means there needs to be some humans that don't become food so they can produce more food for the demons. mum and sister krone seem to look human but i'm taking this from a blind point of view as i don't read manga.
Jan 17, 2019 10:29 PM

Jul 2016
katsu044 said:
this episode was alright but boy this kids sure are smart for their age you'd think they would agree with Ray about not being able to get 37 kids over giant wall with now 2 elite housekeepers.

though its early to judge so maybe they can actually pull it off

Their young age and intelligence would actually work against them in this case. They are over confident due to their intelligence.

Ray is a sociopath.
Jan 17, 2019 10:38 PM

May 2016
anymoore said:
i checked the manga rtn and lol they really improved the art style, but i wont read til they finish this adaptation.
Improved? That’s subjective.
The manga looks more like a western children’s book. Also quite stylized and gritty. The artist work is phenomenal.

The anime has a very clean more moe feel like which I don’t hate. Studio Trigger style would suit the anime way more imo. But I’m fine with what it is right now.
Down on the West Coast

They got a sayin'
Jan 17, 2019 10:54 PM
Jun 2010
Man, I usually find myself generally agreeing with the score here, but not this time. I do not see how it has an 8.77. This episode was definitely better than the first, but it was just . . . okay. I'm having trouble buying into the mind game stuff going on, and the reasoning behind why the children aren't completely screwed yet comes off as a flimsy excuse for the story to happen and not just end before it begins.
Jan 17, 2019 10:55 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The kids have a new mommy!!! kekeke
Even day is worst!!! kekeke
Jan 17, 2019 11:13 PM
Jan 2019
Mama appearing like that scared the heck out of me
Jan 17, 2019 11:46 PM

Aug 2012
haoody said:
nightcrawlercyp said:
Great episode but I got a curiosity. There seem to be no black kids but the second mom is a black woman. Seems a bit weird since kids link better to caregivers belonging to their own race. Am I missing something? Also Krone looks creepy like hell. She looks like the witch from Hansel and Gretel. Even without the knowledge about the monsters I would be scared of her. And one question: does anyone know why they choose the harvesting time of 12 years? Are teenager and adult brains tasting bad?

they do have black kids there: and

I personally did not consider them black, but what americans incorrectly call hispanic , correctly named south americans or metiszos . The second one looks to be stereotypical mexican. The reason why they do not look black to me is because they have none of the 3 distinctive features for black people: curly hair , squished nose, flat lips. But it still a good argument since in the animation they seemed tanned white to me. Anyway all is relative so if the novel says their black I will not argue. It is not relevant to the amazing plot anyway.
Jan 17, 2019 11:49 PM

Aug 2012
whamomymamos said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

Idk if it's really a spoiler on the brain thing but

The orphanage is mixed race.
Great answer. In real life is a bit more complex. If you consider puberty as a marker girls enter puberty between 12-14 and exit by 14-16 while boys enter it 14-16 and exit around 17-18 in some cases even 19. That is the reason why I thought maybe puberty and adult brains taste bad to them, but your version makes sense too.
Jan 18, 2019 12:26 AM

Feb 2018
Masterpiece for this episode?
Jan 18, 2019 12:45 AM

Feb 2014
Wow they're actually going to cram 37 chapters into 12 episodes. This arc should have been two cours, the build up and suspense just isn't quite the same. It's still good, but I'm not a fan of the pacing. Because of the pacing we're also not getting any monologues, what a damn shame.

Cloverworks, why would you do this?
Jan 18, 2019 1:01 AM

May 2016
Tbh Ive always been irked by Emma. The problem always lies with those type of "ohno, I want everyone to escape together, Im not escaping alone, even though the situation doesnt allow it" kind of people. But then again, the story can only go on with that type of character(s). zzz
Jan 18, 2019 1:16 AM
Jul 2018
I feel that Norman or Ray is going to be a complice from Mama.
Jan 18, 2019 2:13 AM

Feb 2014
ToxicKakeru said:
I feel that Norman or Ray is going to be a complice from Mama.

I certainly get the feeling that Ray is.

I have a pretty strong feeling that not only will more children end up dying, but I think they will probably push the "shipments" out faster now (say once a month or something)

Jan 18, 2019 2:25 AM

Dec 2013
The mother suddenly appearing gave me a scare despite reading the manga.
Jan 18, 2019 2:43 AM

Jun 2016
They skipped parts in the manga. Nothing really significant but it does affect the pacing and intricacies of their plan to get out.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 18, 2019 3:02 AM

Oct 2017
The execution and attritune to detail is really flawless in this episode.

Also the subtle horror in between dialogues and confrontation is done very well too.

Really glad A1 finally nailed it and give good direction to a serie finally..
Jan 18, 2019 3:15 AM

Oct 2013
praisethevillain said:
dc22 said:
Well this was boring. Nothing happened.

What do you mean? A lot happened! They are making plans and discovering what they're up against.

Nothing *important* happened, they just talked a lot.
I guess sister Krone was introduced but that's it.
Jan 18, 2019 3:46 AM

May 2016
Shouldn’t have read the promised neverland manga. Now I’m the starting to see the flaws of the anime adaptation.

Unlike Attack On Titan which the anime is way better than the manga. Action sequences, music, art are phenomenal. The manga looks like doo doo art wise. 💩

On other hand for Neverland, they rushed, skipped stuff and left out certain details from the manga. The dialogues were boring compared to the manga which is A MESS how could an animation be more boring than a still art :rip:

In the manga, when the characters are talking. They draw a lot of interesting cuts and angles as well as additional drawings for what’s being discussed.

In the anime, they didn’t show any additional scenes at all. It’s just them talking in the same place :skull: cutting corners I..... The direction isn’t great either.

I also felt the music is off at times... esp the tropey, shounen super hero music whenever they found some sort of resolution. It didn’t fit the tone of the show....

And besides Krone piss poor introduction, one more scene that bothers me is when Emma and Norman came back from the forest. In the anime they were there already when some kid yelled two kids were missing. In the manga however, they yelled before that so the reader thought the two kids missing were Emma and Norman.

It was an oh shit moment. They butchered that in the anime...iiiiiiii
Down on the West Coast

They got a sayin'
Jan 18, 2019 4:01 AM
Apr 2016
TeamDalaiLana said:
Shouldn’t have read the promised neverland manga. Now I’m the starting to see the flaws of the anime adaptation.

Unlike Attack On Titan which the anime is way better than the manga. Action sequences, music, art are phenomenal. The manga looks like doo doo art wise. 💩

Ugh class,... alert. Shingeki no Kyojin is an action based series, animation there plays the role of ultimately breathing life of movement into still pictures that one can connect into a wholesome action in imagination only. Comparing it to a puzzle/psychological thriller with children as main characters is quite... shortsighted.
Re:formed
Jan 18, 2019 5:46 AM

Aug 2013
Seriously, Uchida Maaya is voicing Norman?! wtf lol, She's one of my favorite seiyuu and I easily recognize her even if she change the tone of her voice but this one its hard to know at all. Also, Ray=Killua VA and Maaya=Alluka VA they're together again! lol
Jan 18, 2019 5:53 AM

Oct 2017
haoody said:
[
As it showed in this episode, the clock only shows the location, she won't receive anything knowing two red dots.

If it were me, I'd watch and see where the red dots end up, then check on whose bed, or who's in that room.
Jan 18, 2019 6:07 AM

Jun 2016
Oh this episode was so good! This, my buddies, is where the neverland stops being a creepy horror anime and becomes the funniest shit I've ever seen.
Let me start with the plot shenanigan
It took almost 12 years for our protagonists to:

• realize that mom has a tracking device.
  • realize that the ones going out are always the one with the lower score.

And despite them living here for almost 12 years, these guys only care about the Moe Bunny girl, but what about the ones who were gone before her? They didn't get their memory erased so why is Emma only thinking about Bonnie?

These smarty pants are so smart that they can randomly lock pick a door yet they:

• don't think about using the tree as a bridge to escape.
  • need to be constantly reminded that they need to act normally near mom.
  • never suspect that their tracking device might also record their voices.
  • write Emma so she needs to make the dumbest rhetorical questions to """"""""""explain"""""""""" the plot.

• don't realize that they outnumber mom and that they could easily incapacitate her if they wanted.

now, besides the writing, the anime itself is just not good aaaaaaaaaah.
look at the them shot composition.
random japanese guy said:
shot composition is my passion

@TeamDalaiLana
comparing this to still art is insulting >:C
Especially since I love still art. I agree with you that the anime adaptation is just shite, but the manga also has many flaws - the main positives are, like you said, that the manga has better art and the actions is delivered better, but the story is still pretty bear bones imo.
DropOfLoveJan 18, 2019 6:12 AM

ค๓ เ ʝยรƚ
ƚ๏๏ ƈยƚє
Ŧ๏г ץ๏ย?

Jan 18, 2019 6:22 AM

Jun 2016
TheMariqua said:
Oh this episode was so good! This, my buddies, is where the neverland stops being a creepy horror anime and becomes the funniest shit I've ever seen.

And despite them living here for almost 12 years, these guys only care about the Moe Bunny girl, but what about the ones who were gone before her? They didn't get their memory erased so why is Emma only thinking about Bonnie?

These smarty pants are so smart that they can randomly lock pick a door yet they:

• write Emma so she needs to make the dumbest rhetorical questions to """"""""""explain"""""""""" the plot.

• don't realize that they outnumber mom and that they could easily incapacitate her if they wanted.

@TeamDalaiLana
Especially since I love still art. I agree with you that the anime adaptation is just shite, but the manga also has many flaws - the main positives are, like you said, that the manga has better art and the actions is delivered better, but the story is still pretty bear bones imo.

If the only thing you've ever known since birth was the orphanage, would you really question things like that? They didnt know it was abormal that the mama could find them fast or that the kids with the lowest score were the ones to be adopted first because that was always the case since even before they lived there. If that's how you had always know things to be, then you see it as normal and wouldnt question the "why" much. Also, they might be very smart but are still kids. They didnt live much yet.
You seem to have read the manga from what you say but still talk like a person who doesnt know the story lol

Also in this episode they did mention names of the some kids who were adopted before Conny, did we even watch the same episode?
Jan 18, 2019 6:33 AM

Jun 2016
AyumiVk said:
If the only thing you ever known since birth was the orphanage, would you really question things like that?

I'd certainly notice mama getting some big-ass compass out whenever somebody got lost, just like I'd notice some trends going on in the orphanage. These kids have been here for 12 years, a lot can happen in 12 years, and judging from how mama is acting I'm pretty sure this is not the first time somebody discovers the truth behind the farm so why are these kids just realizing all this the day after they see a corpse
AyumiVk said:
they might be very smart but are still kids

and they lock-pick doors and have evil mastermind plans moments. Doesn't matter if they are kids or not or if they haven't lived much yet, these guys clearly know how the world works (from reading the books in the library) and should be more than capable of using the two brain cells they have in their head.
AyumiVk said:
You seem to have read the manga from what you say but still talk like a person who doesnt know the story lol

because I'm not here to talk about the manga, I'm here to shit-talk the anime.

AyumiVk said:
Also this episode they did mention names of the some kids who were adopted before Conny, did we even watch the same episode?

Mentioning names =/ being emotionally attached to the previous kids. It's quite the contrary actually, it showcases how inconsistent Emma is as a character.

ค๓ เ ʝยรƚ
ƚ๏๏ ƈยƚє
Ŧ๏г ץ๏ย?

Jan 18, 2019 6:45 AM

Sep 2007
I like Emma's guts, just straight-up embracing someone whose plan is to ship you off as food. Not that it didn't affect her but still, that's some acting!

What I'm getting annoyed with however is some people saying ''this will be the best anime of the season, no the year, or even years to come''. Yakusoku no Neverland has an interesting concept which could indeed prove to be one of the better ones coming out this year, but it's getting a bit too hyped up in my opinion. Perhaps a one-cour anime won't do the manga justice (haven't read it) and so we might get more seasons in the future that will help strengthen the animated story. But so far I'm just getting Shingeki no Kyojin fandom vibes, where it's a pretty good story but the fans make it out to be the holy grail of everything and anything.
HiinaJan 18, 2019 6:50 AM
Jan 18, 2019 7:13 AM

May 2016
Hiina said:
I like Emma's guts, just straight-up embracing someone whose plan is to ship you off as food. Not that it didn't affect her but still, that's some acting!

What I'm getting annoyed with however is some people saying ''this will be the best anime of the season, no the year, or even years to come''. Yakusoku no Neverland has an interesting concept which could indeed prove to be one of the better ones coming out this year, but it's getting a bit too hyped up in my opinion. Perhaps a one-cour anime won't do the manga justice (haven't read it) and so we might get more seasons in the future that will help strengthen the animated story. But so far I'm just getting Shingeki no Kyojin fandom vibes, where it's a pretty good story but the fans make it out to be the holy grail of everything and anything.
Well the manga for this is far better than Attack On Titan. They are similar in many ways but neverland is more intelligent, has way better art, better story, better characters and better dialogues.

The revelation about what’s behind the wall and what’s the Titan. Didn’t like it all. It was not impactful. Neverland revelation of what’s behind its wall was far better. The twists in Neverland felt fully thoughout hints etc were placed intentionally in earlier chapters. The foreshadowing felt planned.

Attack On Titan on other hand felt like the writer is making shit up to fill plot holes as he goes along. I’m.... lol

Don’t know about the anime tho.
Down on the West Coast

They got a sayin'
Jan 18, 2019 7:39 AM

Dec 2015
Epic orchestra with rock and choral? Ok, you got my atention now
Jan 18, 2019 7:48 AM

Sep 2011
Another good, and suspenseful episode. I thought Emma was going to make a mistake, she was too freaked out. I mean, it's totally understandable, and if I didn't see Norman shaking or worried I would say that he was the unnatural one, but I can't imagine the pressure. Emma was really strong, even though her legs gave in a few moments later, when she faced their "mom" pretending that everything was alright.

So, Ray isn't wrong, but Emma also isn't wrong, I don't know how I would feel if they just wanted to leave the others behind to die, I mean, they are probably going to die, but not because they were forsaken by the ones who know the truth. There are other humans out there for sure, the demons need them to procreate, and also to supervise the ones who are going to become merchandise. I wonder how, and when they throw away their humanity, empathy, and everything else; to the point that they can put on a kind facade to fool the children. I mean, at least they are blissfully happy until they have to die, I guess. lol Excited to see where this is going.
Jan 18, 2019 8:22 AM

Sep 2014
So, I have a guess about those mini faces - they are genetically engineered to taste better and thats a side effect.

I mean, the adults seem about right, but what is up with Emma?

Good ep, not quite as strong as the first, but thats expected.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jan 18, 2019 8:40 AM
Dec 2018
hate how they skipped the fact that isabella made them do chores to distract them before krone came but whatever
the scene where mama questions emma was cool tho they know how to use transitions and silence well
hadirunamuuuJul 22, 2020 8:04 PM
Jan 18, 2019 8:53 AM

Jun 2016
haoody said:
Are you saying that you would suspect of your own mother? And suspect of what? That it's her fault that the small kids are taken first, like a normal orphanage?

What, it's not the small kids which are taken first, here's the problem, it's the kids with a lower score which is why they "survived" until now.

haoody said:
You know that she only showed the compass openly now because she knows that someone was in the truck, and she wants to show to the childrens that she KNOW, right?

But what advantage does this give her? If she wanted to play this smart she should've kept that thing in her pocket and use it when nobody else was watching; if she wanted to help the kids she might as well cut their ears at this point.

haoody said:
Because the Conny was the only one that she saw being fucking transported like a meat? Don't know.

Yeah but Emma being the emotional girl she is doesn't even care about what happened to the other kids. It's not like the other kids didn't die too; she cares so much about her family yet she doesn't even spend 3 seconds crying about the previous products of the farm.
Can you show me how you would use that tree as a bridge?

1 Find a tree that can be easily pushed and is close enough to the wall
2 dig a hole to the side where you want it to fall
3 push the tree
4 ????
5 profit
it's not like they don't have a lot of manpower with them, and besides this is a race for survival isn't it? It's not like they have a lot of option when it comes to getting out of there, besides they could fell some younger trees and build a stair near the wall; the rope plan made no sense imo, when I first encountered it I suddenly started asking myself how they even plan to using the rope.

haoody said:
First you complain about Emma not being emotional enough, now you complain about she being emotional in front of the one who killed every children? lmao

I was complaining about Emma being too attached to a random dead girl, but I don't see why the other characters should care about mom, in fact, it seems that even Emma dislikes mom at this point.

haoody said:
The tracking device is inside of their bodies, do you think that the audio would be good? If you can proof me that would be, I'll agree with you.

Are you suggesting that they already know that the tracking device is in their ears? Oh well, looks like they out-smarted everyone, didn't know they were already adapting the second volume.

haoody said:
Write Emma for caring and being emotionally attached for the ALIVE childrens that are in her reach and she CAN help, unlike those who were killed?

Well, good thing that she spent 10 minutes going mental over Bonnie's corpse.
Besides are you trying to counter my point in saying that they gave Emma the worst dialogues out of the episode?

haoody said:
That was the dumbest one, do you really think that a bunch of childrens would manage to win of a trained adult?

How do they know if the adult is trained? And why a bunch of children that run through the forest at sonic speed be unable to put up a fight against mom? Especially if they get the other kids' help or manage to Surprise/Sneak attack her. They might be kids but that doesn't mean that they aren't threatening when they get a weapon in their hands.
DropOfLoveJan 18, 2019 8:57 AM

ค๓ เ ʝยรƚ
ƚ๏๏ ƈยƚє
Ŧ๏г ץ๏ย?

Jan 18, 2019 9:11 AM

Jan 2017
What is it with walls and monsters making for good stories; but I knew it was going to be a story where Norman likes Emma... it was obvious that the plot was going to turn out like that, but in any case it was still good.

That was so sly of mother, she's pulling those strings good... or was it just coincidence -Carol being brought to the orphanage. Now they've got another factor to contend with.

P.S.
Does anyone want to let me in on whether the escape happens in the first series or will it be and end of series climax?
Jan 18, 2019 9:53 AM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
These episodes are flying by fast but at the same time I am extremely stressed that theres only 10 more episodes left and they have to escape by the end of this arc/season. Oh how I wonder how they'll work with the pacing. Either way it's not a bad adaptation despite the cut scenes. Most people are flocking to go read the manga anyways.
Jan 18, 2019 9:56 AM

Oct 2017
TheMariqua said:

@TeamDalaiLana

Lmao, even though they're smart kids, they're still a kid regardless, so some naiveness , especially Emma is inevitable. Knowing how to use lockpick does that mean they can control their emotion easily, so they need to remind themselves constantly.

They're smart kids, not criminal master or professional spies or something, just because they know a few stuffs don't make them good at hiding stuffs or acting mature.
You probably have no idea how dumb you once were when you're 12 right? Even as an adult, not many people can hide their emotion well and lie like they're breathing too.

Also yeah, they did use fucking trees in the end, you happy to be spoiled now?

Jan 18, 2019 9:57 AM

Oct 2016
Terrible episode. It felt way too rushed, and still, nothing really important happened.

I also don't like the fact that the kids always explain to the viewer what's going on. For exemple, that scene of Mom using the compass was great to build up the tension, it made me imagine "oh, there's something really suspicious about that compass", but right after that the kid already explains that the compass is a tracker. It completly cuts out the thriller and mystery part of the episode.
Jan 18, 2019 10:09 AM

Oct 2017
Darken_BR said:
Terrible episode. It felt way too rushed, and still, nothing really important happened.

I also don't like the fact that the kids always explain to the viewer what's going on. For exemple, that scene of Mom using the compass was great to build up the tension, it made me imagine "oh, there's something really suspicious about that compass", but right after that the kid already explains that the compass is a tracker. It completly cuts out the thriller and mystery part of the episode.

Way to contradict yourself .

Feeling that it's rushed -> says nothing important happened.
What do you want then? Slow build up which events happened slowly or rushed plot so important things happened sooner?
And it's only freaking episode 2 yet, what do you expect?

Also nothing important happens? Guess we're watching a different show.
Things of importance in this episode:
1. From her attitude, Mom already suspect both Emma and Norman from the get go, she's just testing their reaction
2. New mom showed up to counteract the kids' plan. (more monitors)
3. All 3 main kids' personality flashed up more. (Emma uber stubborn, Norman has a crush on Emma, Ray does not value family as much)
4. There're tracking device in their body.
Jan 18, 2019 10:12 AM

Jun 2016
Ventus_S said:

...Knowing how to use lockpick does that mean they can control their emotion easily, so they need to remind themselves constantly...
...don't make them good at hiding stuffs or acting mature...

Good thing that the problem for Emma was recognizing that she should fake her emotions near mom, especially since she gets so good at it.
Have you watched the episode?
>Emma looks at mom with a terrified smile
>Norman tells Emma to smile
>Emma smiles
There is no "Emma is too naive to fake a good smile", she is just too dumb to realize that she has to smile, and we are talking about 12yo here, I'm pretty sure children start "faking" their emotions when they are in primary school and lie.

Ventus_S said:
You probably have no idea how dumb you once were when you're 12 right?

I actually have, especially since I can see what I used to write at that age with a press of a button; and I don't even get what you are trying to say here. Is this another point to enforce your "but Emma can't fake her emotion" thesis when the problem is Emma is not faking them in the first place?

Ventus_S said:
Also yeah, they did use fucking trees in the end, you happy to be spoiled now?

Again I don't understand what you are trying to say here. The rope plan makes no sense to begin with, especially since they didn't even explain how they were planning to get out using a rope in the first place.
Also what are you trying to spoil me here lol. What's up with the aggression? I'm just pointing out how the whole story and character fall apart as soon as you try and make a bit of sense out of it.

ค๓ เ ʝยรƚ
ƚ๏๏ ƈยƚє
Ŧ๏г ץ๏ย?

Jan 18, 2019 10:40 AM

Jan 2015
Man, this show is so thrilling. I haven't felt like this in a seasonal anime for ages.
Jan 18, 2019 10:47 AM

Oct 2016
Ventus_S said:
Way to contradict yourself .

Feeling that it's rushed -> says nothing important happened.

That's my point. This episode felt rushed and uninsteresring at the same time. By "nothing important happened", I mean there was no relevant or remarkable scenes, just the kids talking about how they'll escape.

The pace should've been slower. They should've focused in only 1 or 2 of those aspects that you mentioned and worked better on them, like adding more thriller and mystery. Someone mentioned that they adapted three chapters of the manga on this episode, so that must be why it felt rushed.
Jan 18, 2019 10:58 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Prog_upworks13 said:
Farabeuf said:
I'm glad I have not read the source since it seems all the novel readers are hating the adaptation.

Me, I'm enjoying this a lot. The scene in the corridor was terrifying. Mama is scary as heck

nah I read the manga and I thing they still doing a perfect job handling it.

That's good to know. There was just so much negativity surrounding the adaptation from the first couple of posters that I thought it was maybe bad.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jan 18, 2019 11:05 AM

Jul 2014
I think it was a breathtaking adaptation of the manga, but the introduction of Sister Krone was indeed a little bit rushed. The pace is not bad at all however, I think they nailed the whole ambience and the BGM was fantastic. It feels like the best is yet to come.
Jan 18, 2019 11:13 AM

Jun 2016
haoody said:
I am the one who says "What?". Are you saying that a dumb kid managed to stay with better scores and could grow up before being adopted?

Well this is not a solitary test as much as it's a competition, is it not? You might say that a small kid has no way getting an higher mark if by himself, but he's compete with other kids close to his age then that means that, even if he's a kid himself, he doesn't have to get last place, does she?

haoody said:
This shows confidence. She wants to show them that she already have everything in control, making they scared (and succeed on it).

Yeah but I don't think it's a sane move to play your trap card like this. It makes no sense in the broader scale for her to show off the compass because it means that the kids now have a reason to investigate how it works and get rid of the chip before escaping.

haoody said:
Why do you think that she's been emotional all the time? It's not only for Conny, her world broke up knowing that everyone died

Well that's how you interpret it, but unfortunately every time she cries she only does so to Bunny girl.
Let me ask you this question instead: Do you think the nightmare scene at the start would've benefited if it showed multiple kids being served dead instead of just Conny? Do you think that the dialogues would've gotten worse if there was a tiny scene where Emma would start getting sad because she'd reminded that the past kids also met this terrible fate? Would putting some more pathos on the voice acting when she was mechanically listing the previous dead kids make that scene better?
I'm pretty sure you'd agree with me here, if they had taken Emma's character seriously I'd be parsing the director for making a good adaptation.

haoody said:
I don't think that any tree there would be higher than the wall to make a proper bridge, because even if they do that, if the tree isn't big enough, they can't climb the plane wall. And they will let the tree there or they will dig the hole and push in the escape day? Looking like this, the rope is way better. They only need something like a sharp stone to be a hook and can be used at any time.

Well, you don't really know, there are lot of tree there, and besides even if the tree managed to cover 2/3 of the wall, it'd be more than enough to let some of the children get on top of it and then use some other tool/rope/branch to help the other kids get up too.
The problem is not having or not having a tree there, the problem is that the character themselves don't even search for such an obvious escape route.
Also how do you think a sharp stone would work as a hook against a solid and smooth wall? Are you saying that they have super strength and can pierce to the wall to create a sturdy docking point for the rope...?

haoody said:
What the others characters/mom have to do with this? And she was attached to the thing that happened to the harvesteds, saying that she wouldn't leave any more children to be adopted. I don't know what's wrong with that.

dunno, I said that Emma is inconsistently emotional, showing that she only cares about the dead girl she saw according to how the anime portrays her character. You then called me out for saying that Emma killing mom would only show how more inconsistently emotional she is as a character (I think that's what you meant to do but I might as well have misinterpreted your words).
Nothing wrong with her being more attached with Bonny, but there's a big problem if she only misses her or doesn't remember any other kid who was harvested previously.

haoody said:
Lmao, where did I give a fuck for the dialogues?

You started talking about writing and how Emma's character was written. Maybe I'm too much of a book/theater/film/anything-non-anime dude, even if I don't read books at all, but they way a character talks is a fundamental when establishing or writing a good character.
haoody said:
Are you fucking serious thinking that she would ask why her meat is average? They don't knew anything about the harvest until seconds ago

First of all, it wasn't seconds ago: Conny dying during the night, this scene taking place after another that it's taken in some sort of cafeteria and the whole nightmare vision Emma had at the start of the episode seem to point out that this scene is taking place the day after, after having breakfast, but I might be wrong, which might show how bad the anime is at conveying information more than anything.
Secondly why do you think that "What does that mean" is good writing? What does "What does that mean" tell about our character right now? That she's completely clueless and can't think by herself? She's not even terrorized by it, or is afraid to know the truth, she's just "what does that mean?".

haoody said:
In the second episode they already said that the device is in their bodies and discovered that because of the compass, but you are the one who said EARS.

Wait what. I had to re-watch this but I don't see the character confirming that something is implanted inside them. Instead I found Norman saying that it could be implanted inside of them. He's just speculating at this point, the tracker could be anywhere.

haoody said:
Are you baiting? Sonic speed? Didn't you ever run when you were a kid?

Aren't they the fastest kids in the orphanage? Aren't kids faster than adults? I mean if you say that 37 kids with 74 hands have no way of punching a woman with 2 hands with the only point in your favor being "she's an adult looool" then I might as well say that the kids being kids are faster than adults because that's how stereotypes go, don't they? Also idk when this anime turned into an action movie, I still don't see why 37 rebelling kids would all die in the hand of 1 grown up lady, especially if, again, they use a so called good strategy (callbacks to the first episodes) to surprise the lady or make her fight in a non-ideal scenario. She might be """"""""""smart"""""""" but that doesn't mean that a trio of three kids written to cover each other's weakness/back and work as a team have no chances against her, considering that they could use the help of the other kids in the orphanage.
DropOfLoveJan 18, 2019 11:18 AM

ค๓ เ ʝยรƚ
ƚ๏๏ ƈยƚє
Ŧ๏г ץ๏ย?

Jan 18, 2019 11:18 AM

Jun 2015
Man everyone here fighting over how it’s being adapted but I’m just enjoying the flow so far, maybe my opinion would change if I looked at the source material though
Jan 18, 2019 11:26 AM

Aug 2016
my only main complain is how the comedy is toned down. they are also skipping some parts but the idea is there for the most part. great adaptation so far.
MichaelJacksonJan 18, 2019 11:30 AM
:v
Jan 18, 2019 11:43 AM

Aug 2016
It's great. Ray is interesting and he looks like the most rational out of the three. I'm wondering what they'll do now that another "caretaker" is there.

お持ち帰り (/^-^(^ ^*)/ ❤
Jan 18, 2019 11:45 AM
Dec 2016
Tokoya said:
FMmatron said:
The displayed mind games are thrilling and pretty much what made this series so great for me.

And wow, we get to see Sister Krone already.

Haven't checked yet, but I kinda had the feeling that some stuff was skipped again and that they adapted at least 3-4 chapters.
Woah......Unless they're changing things up a bit, I'm pretty sure Krone isn't supposed to show up this early on

krone appeared quite soon in the manga i think. I do hope they dont rush it though
Jan 18, 2019 12:01 PM

Dec 2015
I liked this episode and I liked how they adapted it, the stare Mom gave Emma was frightening, but more frightening in the manga. The only thing that I didn't like was the early introduction of sister krone.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» I'm in a dilemma help ( 1 2 )

Saphhh - Mar 25

51 by EpicAlphaMale »»
Apr 1, 1:40 AM

» Best Season of Anime Ever?

bigeli2020 - Jul 18, 2022

47 by Zimmu »»
Mar 25, 12:35 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2019

567 by Sus_baby »»
Mar 25, 12:53 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2019

295 by Yanarsen »»
Mar 4, 7:41 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2019

245 by WuzWutz »»
Feb 22, 7:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.