Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 9, 2019 11:07 PM

May 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
phiraethAug 11, 2020 1:02 PM
Jan 10, 2019 1:14 AM
May 2016
was there some romance?
Jan 10, 2019 2:37 AM

Feb 2015
ycleped said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Man....

I'm on ep. 7, it's really good so far

Jan 10, 2019 3:35 AM

Sep 2011
Not bad, but not amazing. A lot of annoying MCs in this show that just make the characters unlikeable. The plot, and while not like other shows, is nothing amazing.

7/10. Pretty generous imo.
Jan 10, 2019 4:37 AM

Sep 2014
Eh...yeah this show, its neither good nor a trash.

Just an another "We've been killing humans?!?" development plot...

Seems like the last scene is hinting for a 2nd Season...

Jan 10, 2019 5:24 AM

Apr 2014
found the story somewhat interesting since im a sucker for mechs and time travel shit.
whats with the teacher seducing daisuke? he didnt even get laid :\
Jan 10, 2019 7:13 AM

May 2017
One of the other reviewers on the main page mentioned they thought this show had many plot holes.

I'm curious to see what plotholes they saw, because I personally didn't see any.
Jan 10, 2019 7:32 AM

Feb 2016
ycleped said:
One of the other reviewers on the main page mentioned they thought this show had many plot holes.

I'm curious to see what plot holes they saw, because I personally didn't see any.

This is only 12-episode anime. There isn't any confusing plot hole, but they could introduce main clashing forces and how all started at the beginning. Also, Milo should have more moments, kinda her time is limited, we don't know her story. That huge purple building; is it always there or can it time-jump and how is it built? Well, trivial... But, they hinted a sequel, in other words, 'the plan' continues and we didn't see second sister's ending. She is possibly alive; heck, even Kaisuke.

Since this is an original work. Hope, the audience embraces it. The CGI art is good to me.
I like how they inserted a power struggle between different government bodies.
AeonessJan 10, 2019 7:44 AM
Jan 10, 2019 1:23 PM

Jul 2017
I'm surprised to say this, but damn this was really good.

Animation didn't stop me one bit from liking this since nothing looked off putting to me, story was very simple at first but I liked the melancholic direction it took throughout and the pacing was nice.

Daisuke may be annoying to most people here, but I'm one of the few that genuinely liked his character the best since a part of him and his determination as well as him blindly believing in something for years when others chastise him, reminds me of myself in middle school. So I couldn't help but like him and dislike the others during conflicted times. I didn't care for the others though and would have liked more exploration on all the characters, but the cast was still alright.

Ending was great, show was really good. An 8/10.
Jan 10, 2019 1:26 PM

May 2017
animejas said:
I'm surprised to say this, but damn this was really good.

Animation didn't stop me one bit from liking this since nothing looked off putting to me, story was very simple at first but I liked the melancholic direction it took throughout and the pacing was nice.

Daisuke may be annoying to most people here, but I'm one of the few that genuinely liked his character the best since a part of him and his determination as well as him blindly believing in something for years when others chastise him, reminds me of myself in middle school. So I couldn't help but like him and dislike the others during conflicted times. I didn't care for the others though and would have liked more exploration on all the characters, but the cast was still alright.

Ending was great, show was really good. An 8/10.

I'm glad you liked his character, I did as well. It's not like he was just blindly being a jerk either, there was a reason for him becoming the way he did.
Jan 10, 2019 2:23 PM

Nov 2016
Aaaaahhh I enjoyed that a lot! In the end they did everything they needed to do right. Here is how you make proper sci-fi. And that gorgeous 3D animation was a blessing!
Also, second season! (?)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 10, 2019 4:30 PM

Mar 2012
I can imagine that a lot of people would be initially turned off from watching this show, cause of the cgi animation and the main lead being extremely bratty and annoying but if you give it time, it is an actually interesting story. The first in a long while where i really enjoy a mech show, so yeah i would recommend it. i mean it is nothing mind blowing and it has flaws but it is still entertaining.

The ending implied a continuation, normally i would not take it as concrete but considering this an anime original show sponsored by netflix i would say the possibility of a continuation announcement will soon follow. I really hope so cause this is the first mech, sci fi show i enjoyed watching in quite a long time. The mal score does not do it justice.

Should be at least between 7-7.5 but at the very least others in this forum seem to have liked it too and with that my first complete anime of 2019 has come to a close.
Jan 10, 2019 6:54 PM
Apr 2017
The first couple of episodes were really tough to get by and MC got on my nerve alot but the later episodes were actually decent and the end was very good. Most of the characters were annoying at first ( for most that remained to be the case lolol) but the MC actually got developed and wasn’t awful as he was before and was okay at the end. 7/10
Jan 10, 2019 7:21 PM

Jan 2008
Well, I doubt they will make a proper sequel. But it's clear the story could continue behind the scenes. I am fine with this as the ending point though.
Jan 10, 2019 8:30 PM

Jan 2009
love time travel stories like this, awesome

Keisaku is the ultimate bro to Daisuke there

they left a potential sequel too, ye Keisaku is still alive out there and i want to see a sexy mature woman like Milo in the sequel too
Jan 11, 2019 5:05 AM

Mar 2016
I think they followed the peak end rule quite nicely, so I had to pause and remember my experiences throughout the series to avoid rating this more than it deserved.

It's not good. It's not bad. Really predictable. It did have a lot more potential though. I would have enjoyed it a lot more if the characters were a bit more natural.

I was waiting for them to explain why everyone remembered Miro's words so differently, but we got none! Unreliable memory does not feel like a satisfactory explanation.

I guess I would give it a 5.5 out of 10. It wasn't amazing, but I didn't regret watching it.
Jan 11, 2019 5:23 AM

Jan 2008
FuMomo-kun said:
I think they followed the peak end rule quite nicely, so I had to pause and remember my experiences throughout the series to avoid rating this more than it deserved.

Ideally, this would also mean remembering positive experiences as well. But like many stories, I believe it is actually a good thing to end on a better note after putting the cast through a lot of trouble. That's what build up to a release of tension is supposed to accomplish.

It's not good. It's not bad. Really predictable. It did have a lot more potential though. I would have enjoyed it a lot more if the characters were a bit more natural.

For me it was good. I wonder if you really did predict absolutely everything, at least more than usual for an anime series. I find that suspicious. There are a finite number of story types, but the details are not so obvious.

Regarding the cast, I'd say they were natural enough. Real people can be quite flawed, as well as prone to bickering and infighting. Sometimes viewers may wish that characters were more idealized and perfect than human. Which isn't natural.

I was waiting for them to explain why everyone remembered Miro's words so differently, but we got none! Unreliable memory does not feel like a satisfactory explanation.

Depends. In theory, she was speaking to each of them separately. In practice, I would argue they did give us one, but not directly or explicitly, when they explained how time travel and their manipulation/revision works.

I guess I would give it a 5.5 out of 10. It wasn't amazing, but I didn't regret watching it.

The irony is that on this website such a score would be treated as a failing grade. Perhaps it should not, but that's how folks think. I did enjoy the show more than you did, evidently, but this is still a valid observation.
Jan 11, 2019 7:23 AM

Feb 2018
Overall 2/10 story line make me booring.
Jan 11, 2019 7:32 AM

Mar 2016
Messy in some parts, like the story needed more than 12 eps. Daisuke is an interesting character and some scenes with him really hit close to home for me. The idea that he wasn't supposed to be the 'main character' but his determination to fulfill his destiny, a sort of self-fulfilling fate, put him in that role was interesting. I couldn't help but feel for him. The world-building was well-done, and every once in a while this show looks absolutely gorgeous. A lot of the main cast is irritating, but I think that's purposeful. Overall, really enjoyed it despite some flaws. I liked the last episode, but in this instance I didn't think the 'sequel tease' was very satisfying.
syncrogazerJan 11, 2019 7:37 AM
Jan 11, 2019 10:38 AM

May 2015
They should have ended here, without the cliffhanger.
Jan 11, 2019 3:02 PM

Feb 2012
Why? in episode 8 or so they clearly explained the space time incident & if Shibuya got fixed there would be hope for the other 7 areas to be fixed.... explains why milo was in london 2017
Jan 11, 2019 8:22 PM

Feb 2015
FuMomo-kun said:

They all remember the kidnapping differently because 'time travel', in the version we're showed at the beginning, being Daisuki's memories, it's raining and Milo is wearing a rain coat, in ep.12, it isn't raining, Keisaku was kidnapped by Milo and there is no Keisaku/Nicholas body, Gai's version on the other hand has an injured Milo, plus every character seems to remember Milo speaking directly to them, trust everything, doubt everything, make your own decisions, but it is implied that she only speaks with one of the kids in each version.

It's explained at the end by Nicholas, he kept going back in time to kill Daisuki, but could never seem to get the job done, that's why they all remember it differently.

Just because you can't actually pay attention to the plot, doesn't mean that it's bad.

rafi160 said:
Why? in episode 8 or so they clearly explained the space time incident & if Shibuya got fixed there would be hope for the other 7 areas to be fixed.... explains why milo was in london 2017

Those areas were transported later on, after Shibuya was already back in 2017.
SteelingMaxJan 11, 2019 9:15 PM

Jan 11, 2019 9:15 PM

Feb 2015

I really liked the first 6 episodes of the show, found the annoying god complexed Daisuki to be an incredibly interesting character, but they really missed the mark with the latter episodes.

MariMari is a non-character, and we needed more development for Milo, Keisaku, Lu and Nicholas, since they're so important in the final episode and that unearned scene, plus also for AHRV, but i'm sure that'll come in S2 if there is one, i'll definitely watch it, even though my score went from an 8/10 to a 6/10 by ep12.

The main thing i would do differently would be to merge MariMari with Lu, we don't need 6 main characters, making her the one that likes Daisuki and at the same time is kind of annoyed by him, we don't need to always have a shy and bland girl be the one that likes the main character, it could be fun to have the badass Lu liking him but still being tough, and they could take that time wasted on MariMari's freak outs and splitting it to Keisaku and Lu, he definitely needed a boost in his character, he's the emotional linchpin of the show, a character even says that after he dies, it could be really interesting if we give MariMari's co-dependence to him, making him basically be Daisuki's sidekick, that would give even more weight to him being killed, and crush the Daisuki's god complex, he could even take both of MariMari's important scenes where she realizes the Civilians and Revisions are human and the prison scene where she asks Daisuki, that if he says so, she'll pilot again and will even kill if she has to, and then we find out that he was supposed to be the leader/most important/more skilled of the group, but since Daisuke's personality changed so much after the kidnapping, plus Keisaku feeling guilty for getting him to go in the forest, that would improve the twist by a lot.

Cutting MariMari and giving so much of her screen time to Keisaku might tip the gender scale too much in one direction though, a fix to that, could be to increase the number of female supporting characters, the uncle could definitely be an Aunt, and now that i think about their gender, instead of only merging Lu and MariMari, they could just turn Gai into a girl, still having the same personality and being the leader of the squad, that would contrast more with the new softer version of Lu and the more agreeable Keisaku.

Yes, the villains are weak, but they work for the most part, they just seem to be a little bit too fragile in their real bodies, even Nicholas.

The tease at the end was too weak and vague.

PS: Did they forget about the teacher side plot, where she intended to have a sexual relationship with one of her students just so she would feel safe?

karmashizzle said:
found the story somewhat interesting since im a sucker for mechs and time travel shit.

ninka22 said:
was there some romance?

Not at all
SteelingMaxJan 11, 2019 9:50 PM

Jan 11, 2019 9:19 PM

Aug 2012
pretty good overall. s2 when
Jan 11, 2019 9:21 PM

Mar 2016
SteelingMax said:
FuMomo-kun said:

They all remember the kidnapping differently because 'time travel', in the version we're showed at the beginning, being Daisuki's memories, it's raining and Milo is wearing a rain coat, in ep.12, it isn't raining, Keisaku was kidnapped by Milo and there is no Keisaku/Nicholas body, Gai's version on the other hand has an injured Milo, plus every character seems to remember Milo speaking directly to them, trust everything, doubt everything, make your own decisions, but it is implied that she only speaks with one of the kids in each version.

It's explained at the end by Nicholas, he kept going back in time to kill Daisuki, but could never seem to get the job done, that's why they all remember it differently.

Just because you can't actually pay attention to the plot, doesn't mean that it's bad.

At no point have I called the story bad. It was neither good nor bad for me. Just a little above average.

Actually I had already considered the theory you posted here before I had written my comment. However, it didn't feel right. There was one little contradiction.
Whenever Nicholas did something with the past in the final episode, everybody's memories changed into the same thing. But, all the characters had different memories when they had that conversation about Milo in the earlier episode. Then, they decided to conclude it as an unreliable memory. Of course, in fiction, the initial conclusion the characters reach is usually wrong. Also, anything out of the ordinary, the characters wonder about, is usually a promise made to the audience that the writers will have the characters explain it to them later. I may have just missed it, but a proper or even a vague explanation was never really given to us by the main characters. The most we get is an option of theorising from Nicholas's talk about Daisuke's kidnapping.
Jan 11, 2019 9:38 PM

Feb 2015

The thing is, as Nicholas said, he's living outside of time, and has been even before he fused with the crystal, because that's how outside of time 'works', that's also why Keisaku could show up as the black and red mech/civilain while he was still alive.

Plus, we don't know how much 'time' passed before Daisuki woke up in 2010, Nicholas might have tried killing his kid version for thousand of times, and since he's the same kidnapper from ep.1, that means that he was already changing the time before Shibuya was brought into 2017, that's why AHRV's predictions were always changing.

PS: Is the kidnapper covered body actually Keisaku/Nicholas, or could it be Daisuki, since we're seeing the only time where he wins?
SteelingMaxJan 11, 2019 9:45 PM

Jan 11, 2019 11:17 PM
Jul 2009
SteelingMax said:

I really liked the first 6 episodes of the show, found the annoying god complexed Daisuki to be an incredibly interesting character, but they really missed the mark with the latter episodes.

MariMari is a non-character, and we needed more development for Milo, Keisaku, Lu and Nicholas, since they're so important in the final episode and that unearned scene, plus also for AHRV, but i'm sure that'll come in S2 if there is one, i'll definitely watch it, even though my score went from an 8/10 to a 6/10 by ep12.

The main thing i would do differently would be to merge MariMari with Lu, we don't need 6 main characters, making her the one that likes Daisuki and at the same time is kind of annoyed by him, we don't need to always have a shy and bland girl be the one that likes the main character, it could be fun to have the badass Lu liking him but still being tough, and they could take that time wasted on MariMari's freak outs and splitting it to Keisaku and Lu, he definitely needed a boost in his character, he's the emotional linchpin of the show, a character even says that after he dies, it could be really interesting if we give MariMari's co-dependence to him, making him basically be Daisuki's sidekick, that would give even more weight to him being killed, and crush the Daisuki's god complex, he could even take both of MariMari's important scenes where she realizes the Civilians and Revisions are human and the prison scene where she asks Daisuki, that if he says so, she'll pilot again and will even kill if she has to, and then we find out that he was supposed to be the leader/most important/more skilled of the group, but since Daisuke's personality changed so much after the kidnapping, plus Keisaku feeling guilty for getting him to go in the forest, that would improve the twist by a lot.

Cutting MariMari and giving so much of her screen time to Keisaku might tip the gender scale too much in one direction though, a fix to that, could be to increase the number of female supporting characters, the uncle could definitely be an Aunt, and now that i think about their gender, instead of only merging Lu and MariMari, they could just turn Gai into a girl, still having the same personality and being the leader of the squad, that would contrast more with the new softer version of Lu and the more agreeable Keisaku.

Yes, the villains are weak, but they work for the most part, they just seem to be a little bit too fragile in their real bodies, even Nicholas.

The tease at the end was too weak and vague.

PS: Did they forget about the teacher side plot, where she intended to have a sexual relationship with one of her students just so she would feel safe?

karmashizzle said:

ninka22 said:
was there some romance?

Not at all

IMO I think they tied up the loose ends quite well.

- they all remembered the kidnapping differently because as Nicholas said, he had travelled back many times to kill them, thus each of the 6 were rememebering their version of the past from different time lines.

- the teacher seducing part: I think her objective was quite obvious when the Neighbourhood leader told the teacher in one of the earlier eps to get the SDS on their side(?)

- also agree with another post above that Nicholas's non-conformist/annoying attitude kinda made sense when he did betry Revisions (nice surprise for me)

- the ending scene opens for a possible 2 season. Not sure about sales, so I'll wait and see.

- oh and I did find the animation/character movement a bit odd in the beginning eps, but it didn't stick out to me after that. Probably got used to it.

- MC was definitely over-obsessive in his god complex the the beginning, though glad it gave way to some char growth in the end.
DaLawJan 11, 2019 11:42 PM
Jan 12, 2019 3:34 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Entertaining end to a pretty fine show, overall.

Nicholas pulling all those strings and then the friendship of the five disrupting his plans was sort of interesting, I suppose. Cool final battle between Daisuke and Nicholas/Keisuke too but the resolution of the fight felt rather plain. Keisuke then reappearing to ensure Daisuke’s survival and putting an end to Nicholas’s plans was a nice addition, although to be frank it was very predictable. Sound Department did its job brilliantly then, so that’s great company to have alongside! I just feel like an extra episode or two would’ve been so much more effective as the last two episodes really did feel rushed. Nicholas merging with Keisuke and the artificial quantum (whatever thing) was a pretty nice surprise but he really wasn’t all that powerful even then. I just wonder why he would risk his very being to fight with Daisuke there though even though he clearly would’ve had so much better a chance in the different timelines manipulating and such. He must’ve really been frustrated with all the interruptions and all and probably feared another to come in between, poor lad. Nice final moments before the ED kicked in, Daisuke has honestly grown up a lot now and the other Characters, such as Gai and Lu, somewhat too. Marimari was quite a static character throughout but that’s not necessarily a bad thing. Daisuke pledges to save Milo and Keisuke and the cliffhanger there in the end could potentially pave a way for a 2nd Season to come, so I’ll be mildly looking forward to that I suppose.

As a whole though, the storyline of the show was rather fidgety in my opinion in the sense that there were few moments where it was really interesting and at other times it was pretty dull. Like the whole concept of time travel and the alternate timelines was well explained and so on, but it really didn’t make me too much about it or so to say. Credits to the realistic societal appeal and whatnot though, it really made the show feel a lot more real. Characters of the show honestly ranged from a good to bad almost equally. Daisuke was incredibly obnoxious at the start and almost throughout but it was relieving, at long last, to see some actual development from him. Gai, Keisuke(a Real bro) and Lu somewhat too, like I mentioned before. As for Milo, a bit more backstory from her side I think would’ve really done the trick. Police officer Izumi was a really nice character along with the former head too, and that was nice to see! CGI Animation felt off at the start but gradually it felt a lot less bothersome, though there were still some awkward shots every now and then. One Department that really excelled in this show though was the Sound Department, it really was a great company!

All in all, I’ll award this show a fine 6/10. It was above average but nothing really outstanding or anything of that sort. I’m a fan of such Mecha/time-travel shows so it was a pleasant watch for me. Looking forward to a 2nd Season if that’s ever to happen.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jan 12, 2019 4:49 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Was hoping that this was gonna end on a conclusive note but I guess they have a S2 in mind given how the last episode ended

Overall, I thought that this was good, nothing great or amazing though. For the most part I liked the main cast of characters with Daisuke being kinda annoying and obnoxious to me by the halfway point but I appreciated the growth that he went through

The action scenes were decent and the animation stayed consistent which I appreciated a lot but honestly, I felt nothing for the villains and their plan was just meh to me. The plot in general was just okay at best but even so, the characters and their journey's are what made this anime worth watching for me

Can't give this anything higher than a 7 though....I'm kinda underwhelmed given the staff behind this
Jan 13, 2019 11:13 PM
Jul 2011
Daisuke was saved by the power of friendship. jk

That was good, it looks like an open ending. I watched this for the mecha because there aren't much this season and the whole time travel stuff for me is a plus. I actually like the CG since it can stay consistent throughout the show. London with that atmosphere really fits at the end. I hope there is season 2.
Jan 14, 2019 12:55 AM
Jan 2019
This anime has a good message about modern society in Japan, and I think that makes it worth watchin.

it portrayed a good point of questioning whether pacifism really works in a state of emergency. Japan currently has no military in hold, and the government is trying to amend the constitution so that they could arm against other countries for “emergencies” and achieve a global status. But many Japanese’s are against the idea of fighting- because they hold an idea that violence is wrong - and this anime portrays that well. There was a short scene where the people held up signs like “keep peace” “no war” and that is something actually happening in japan right now.

In the end, they are justifying fighting in a sense, and mocking pacifism. And honestly that is considered a rightist point of view in japan- but i wouldn’t call it a rightest agenda because it’s just how it is in a battle anime. If fighting isnt good, the story doesn’t work. That simple. But it does encourage young folks to think about this issue seriously- instead of just believing that they would be safe if only they disarm- and that’s a enough reason to recommend this.

Also, this anime brings up a good point about racism, and other discrimination. Of how we assume others less of a human simply because of their looks or intelligence. And what does it mean to be human? Is it ok to kill them just bc they look different and are dumb? Really?

Yeah, CG animation bothered me for like the first 3 episodes but it just got out of my attention after that. Battle scenes were awesome and not too tedious as a person who really isn’t into battle-anime. I kinda liked how the antagonists weren’t really that strong either. Keeps the story more focused on highlighting societal issues than physical ones.

Over all I give a 8/10 and would recommended to a friend who needs some thinking or inspiration to be kind to others.
Jan 14, 2019 9:17 AM

Nov 2016
It was a nice watch, looking forward to a possible second season.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 16, 2019 4:34 PM

May 2016
One thing I'm wondering about is the virus and the memory stick that Daisuke's uncle had on him; did that just become a self-fulfilling prophecy?

"Genki is Life, Genki is Love"
Jan 17, 2019 3:32 PM

May 2015
It was ok. Some interesting bits but nothing all that special overall.

Nicholas is a good example of how egoism wins over higher purpose, he was quite obvious with his scheming though, I wonder how other Revisions never saw it coming, they kept going on about his lower rank and that's what they got for underestimating someone, lol.

I'm glad they left Keisaku the way they did, the full happy end where everybody lives would have been underwhelming. Don't think I'm interested in s2, they ended it on a fine note and anything else to come would probably feel like a repetition of what we already saw.
Jan 18, 2019 1:18 AM

Jul 2013
I'm surprised this show is getting trashed, it really wasn't that bad. I'm interested to see where it goes with another season.
Jan 20, 2019 2:04 AM

Dec 2015
I enjoyed the series for most of the time - despite the main char who was a bit annoying. (Actually he was a lot annoying but I got used to it so it didn't mean that much too me in terms of score I gave.) The enemies also were a bit weird. (Oh well at least the voice actor who also did Satou in Ajin was used here ... for Nicholas.)

Main interesting part were the politics and the behaviour of the other normal people who weren't piloting the suits. (Could have been better with more focus there.)

I did not like the end and the time travel stuff. The more you focus on time travel the worse it gets. Just a simple "they got ported and are forever stuck there and have to fight for their survival" would have been better. (Without ever coming back to the time travel stuff.)

Still I'm going with 7/10 where the last few episodes prevented an 8 .. but I already had expected that from the beginning so I was not tooo disappointed. I'm always careful if there is time travel involved. And anime are known to get worse near the end - especially if they try an overly sophisticated plot. (There aren't really many anime where I'd say the end fits and is flawless.)
Jan 21, 2019 12:11 AM
Oct 2018
Overall not bad, just childish MC (Daisuke) that annoyed me. Atleast, not in last few episodes. Even though 3d anime is not my favorite, but this one is not bad to watch. Hopefully they make season 2.
Jan 21, 2019 11:29 AM

Jun 2011
Damn I thought Milo was going to kiss Daisuke in the end. Too bad it did not happened.

Anyway, I thought it was good except for the Marimari character that was far too classic and annoying.
Daisuke took too long to grow up.
I hope a S2 will fix this.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 22, 2019 10:32 AM
Dec 2008
Seiya0890 said:
Damn I thought Milo was going to kiss Daisuke in the end. Too bad it did not happened.

I don't think they were remotely close enough for a romantic kiss. A friendly one seems fair at this point.
Jan 25, 2019 5:23 PM

Oct 2015
What a good battle between Nicholas/Keisaku and Daisuke. I'm glad Keisaku has etched his share of control to Nicholas, instead of the guy always taking over. He sure helped his friend Daisuke escape that space even though Nicholas was against it. I wish someday they get together along with Milo/Miro. Speaking of her I see she has other missions now all over the world, in dealing with missing parts of cities and now London is next.

Personally I didn't enjoy this as much, the plot was all over the place and very very rushed. Daisuke was annoying as hell with the whole protecting everybody mantra, but I liked that he changed later though. The other bad guys weren't given enough platform, Marimari sucked and the series killed off important characters for stupid reasons. Miro/Milo was kiss ass of the organization and was willing to kill a child to satisfy them, she had no will as a major character. She wasn't given enough platform to grow too and felt like a side character. As an MC Daisuke was given too much attention and the series ignored all surroundings including building up the plot. It tried to be evangelion so badly with that destiny crap and fused all mecha clichés that can also be found in Darling and Mobile suit.

Wanted to give it 4/10 but I became happy today so 5/10 even though it doesn't deserve it.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jan 25, 2019 5:46 PM
Dec 2008
lihle808 said:

As an MC Daisuke was given too much attention and the series ignored all surroundings including building up the plot. It tried to be evangelion so badly with that destiny crap and fused all mecha clichés that can also be found in Darling and Mobile suit.

Wanted to give it 4/10 but I became happy today so 5/10 even though it doesn't deserve it.

Can't say I agree with your score or reasons here, because I thought the pacing was only slightly faster than what I had imagined at first. I like plenty of slow shows, don't get me wrong, but I can deal with this pacing too. Especially when there are only 12 episodes available.

I also don't hate main characters like Daisuke. For me they are far more interesting to watch than totally standard protagonists who are always nice, proper and perfect. To some extent, I can like individuals who introduce some chaos, even if I don't personally share their point of view or way of behaving. I know this is not a popular opinion, but whatever.

Not sure I can agree about any of the deaths having "stupid reasons" either. They seemed rather normal or even predictable events for an anime story of this type. Which reminds me...I think Miro had more growth than you're willing to give her, even if it was determined by the characteristics of the situation. She wasn't the protagonist, in other words, so the focus wasn't on that. I don't know what you mean by not "building up the plot" either. I think plenty of that was done.

Other than the pilot suit designs, which are definitely influenced by Evangelion...there wasn't any real similarity in that sense. Evangelion never really talked about destiny or fate, as I recall. It was much more about Shinji's depression and his father-son relationship. Which had nothing to do with any prophecies or such kinds of things. I don't think there was anything specifically taken from Darilng in the Franxx outside of two characters having pink hair. That's...totally normal. For that matter, there's some Gundam influence, which is very hard to avoid in a non-Super Robot anime, but it also wasn't a story about a space war. As the saying goes, there's nothing new under the sun.
Jan 27, 2019 6:29 PM
Jan 2019
Really love this anime hope they make season of it and i will really support it
Jan 27, 2019 8:35 PM

May 2015
Now this is unexpected. One person appearing in two different timelines at the exact same time...

WOOOOOOWWWWWW. Changing the present as the past changes simultaneously!!!

Final battle went by pretty quick, and the animation was somewhat difficult to follow to see what was going on...

Keisaku saves Daisuke and drags Nicholas down with him. Daisuke returns to his own time, and now they wait for the day when they finally reunite with Milo and Keisaku...

Revisions...this was much more than what I expected. A sudden apocalyptic event, and everyone is thrown into disarray. Viewers may not be a fan of the characters and the drama, but I think it was just right as if this were to happen in real life we would act just like them, scared, panicked, and confused. Many may have hated Daisuke for his attitude in the first half, but I actually liked him as the series clearly showed that he was intended to be written that way. The recurring arguments between the politicians and officers and Milo showed the state of emergency that Shibuya was in. Since they had no other means of defending themselves than using the string puppets, and with no outside help or military force to support them, Revisions really depicted the apocalypse very well. Another thing that I appreciate about this series is its setting. It's modern Japan being thrown into a dead Earth with no preparation. It's almost like an Isekai except the entire city gets thrown into the "new world". Most mecha take place in a futuristic setting where mechas are commonplace, so I found Revisions' setting quite appealing. The drama and disputes between the characters really got my blood boiling. I haven't felt like this since School Days, and I have to give the director some praise for being able to execute that well. We may have mechas and such, but the real theme of this series was how people would react if such an event happened at the present time. I also liked how they handled Milo's character. They didn't make her a love interest but rather a mentor and guide to the pilots. Thank God.

The CGI was animated pretty well compared to other anime that attempt the same animation style. Good use of color too. The String Puppet Mecha was also a breath of fresh air as it is a Mecha where you can see the person piloting inside it unlike the usual Real Robots that we commonly see. The time travel was somewhat unclear at first, but it came full circle as we reached the end of the series. Perhaps the one gripe I had with the series is that it's only 12 episodes long and the resolutions and events that occurred in the series seemed to progress faster than intended. Also, the AHRV and Revisions could have gotten a little more development. I was disappointed when Chiharu died so quickly. Nicholas was awesome though. Oh well, maybe that scene at the end of this episode is teasing for a season 2, or it's just showing the space-time incident taking place as predicted and doesn't hint at a sequel at all. Anyway, I thought Revisions was pretty good. I wanted more, but I'll make do with what I have.

Final Verdict: Milo on her Motorcycle/10
TarotistJan 27, 2019 8:44 PM
Jan 28, 2019 7:06 PM

Dec 2018
im still wondering what the heck i just finished tbh
Feb 12, 2019 8:13 AM

Jul 2015
At the start i didn't think it would be any good but now i can say it was one of the hidden gems of season. i think if it aired on the weekly bases, it would have got more exposure.
Music and art (yea CG!) was i guess, fine and on point and what i really liked about it was that the episodes were story rich didn't felt dragged on or boring.

The ending on the other hand was sweet for sure but it was a little underwhelming.
A good 2ed season might change that but on its own, and with the interesting story and plot twists, i was expecting something more. it had a potential to be a 10/10 series ( atleast by my standards lol) but for now it get a 9/10
Feb 18, 2019 6:15 PM

Feb 2014
I don't know how I should put this.

Mixed feelings.

I have a feeling that I would have enjoyed much more if the characters (specially Daisuki) personality wasn't sooo annoying. It just gets better in the last 2 episodes, which is too late, imo =(

6/10

Would like to watch a possible second season since (at least I HOPE) they wouldn't be so annoying anymore.
TechOtakuFeb 18, 2019 6:23 PM
Mar 7, 2019 8:51 PM

Jul 2016
Well, I have to say that since Daisuke started acting in a more rational way (after Kuroiwa's death in Ep. 9), the series became more tolerable, interesting even.

The time travel topic was interesting although there were some things I didn't fully comprehend such as Daisuke wanting to save Keisaku but didn't he and Nicholas were erased from every timeline? and shouldn't Daisuke and the rest not being able to remember them either? Probably I'm missing something but well.
As far as I can understand, there are multiple "non-related" timelines or so with the one where Daisuke and co. are now, being the "safest" one since his uncle has enough research information to prevent the virus from happening in the first place. So in that case, there won't be any need for them to be transported to the future and as a result, there wouldn't be any reason to meet Milo again... but that wouldn’t be the case for the other timelines where the virus is still a threat such as the one with Milo being at London... ugh, time travel is not my thing since there are so many variants so I'll leave this topic here. Anyways, it's not like the time travel stuff was bad handled but I think they could have explained it a bit better.

Regarding the episode, the fight against Nicholas was a bit underwhelming, being honest. It concluded in a very abrupt way with just a few shots from Daisuke to the face of a multidimensional being. I don't know, I guess I was expecting him to struggle a little more with Nicholas...

All in all, this anime had a decent conclusion but I can't forget how boring and insufferable the first 8 episodes were.
-Daisuke with his childish personality and the over-obsessive hero complex he had was absolutely annoying during most of the episodes.
-Muta being an awful first antagonist with the same unrealistic objetive was a terrible addition in my opinion.
-The way people found out how to solve the energy issues regarding the String Puppets in the same episode said issues were established felt way too convenient and anticlimactic for my taste.
-I think AHRV needed more development as an organization because the only representation we got from them was Milo and she wasn't completely agree with most of their decisions either.
-Yumiko-sensei didn't receive enough development to fully understand her way of acting. I can guess she wanted to help as much as she could as a way to cope with her actions in the first episode but from appearing in one episode trying to exchange sex for her safety, to reappearing in another one risking her own life to save MariMari sure was very abrupt to see.
-Lu, MariMari and Keisaku, being part of the main cast, should have received more characterization, especially Kei since he was only important to the plot when he died and Nicholas decided to merge with him.
-Milo as a whole was nice although I think it would have been better for her character to receive a bit more of focus on her past and the relationship she had with her superiors of AHRV.

All that said, despite having a decent conclusion with some minor observations from my part. I still remember those first episodes being really bad and nonsensical for moments. Some decisions made by the characters felt really unrealistic and Daisuke sure was the main cause of my lack of enjoyment. Not to mention that the conclusion wasn't that memorable either, it didn't make up for those episodes I disliked. 4/10

P.S.: The scene at the end pretty much was a glimpse of a possible second season. Honestly, since the first 8 episodes were mostly a pain to watch, I wouldn't like to watch a continuation but well... I guess seeing a sensual 26 years old Milo wouldn't be that bad either.
SouthRzVaMar 7, 2019 8:58 PM
Mar 22, 2019 9:26 AM

Aug 2018
This is the final episode! I'm a bit sad it's already ending, I would like to see more episodes of Revisions, but everything good in life must come to an end.

Shibuya finally returned to 2017! Atleast one problem is solved, but it seems that Daisuke is in trouble. He's now in the past, and needs to prevent Milo from killing Keisaku, while he was still a child. It's thanks to this "trip" to the past that we can really experience the "all-dimension being" that Nicholas has transformed to. He's in the past, but at the same time in the present, with Gai, Lu and Marimari.
To try to save everyone else, Daisuke fights against Nicholas. I would like to see a bit more struggle of Daisuke in the battle, or atleast something even more "epic", but the fight is very good nonetheless. It seems that Daisuke won with his persistence, but is now stuck in the dimensional space of all the lines of time.

I can say, for sure, my favourite moment of the episode, and of the series, is the last talk between Keisaku e Daisuke. Although Nicholas absorved his "body", Keisaku has still the possibility of interfering with Nich, and save Daisuke. Since now he and Nicholas are one, and Nicholas has the Quantium Brain, he can send Daisuke to the present, with the help of someone that is already there (aka, Lu, Gai and Marimari). Even in the end, Keisaku is the "bridge" between Daisuke and the others, he was the only one to, after the kidnap of Daisuke, be friends with the other 4, at the same time, and he was the only one who tried and succeded to bring his friends group together once again. Don't forget how important he was in the beggining of the anime to bring everyone closer, specially Daisuke. He was the only one that was still Daisuke's friend, and he really cared for him, and for the other 3. So, he was really important for the union of the group. He always had that role, even in his final moments, he was the one that connected Daisuke, from the Dimensional space with all the time lines, with Gai, Lu and Marimari, bringing his group of friends together once again. That final talk between him and Daisuke made my tear up a little, and it was, for me, the best moment in the anime, I loved that scene where Daisuke gets closer to the present, while Keisaku is getting deeper in the "All-dimension" space, draggind Nicholas with him. It was really grateful to see his acceptance of his "destiny". Just thinking about that scene makes me tear up xD.

I also liked how they explained that Nicholas was the one who kidnapped Daisuke, because, since he was a all-dimensional being, he could go to the past, and since he saw that Daisuke was problem in the final of the anime, he decided to go to the past to try to eliminate Daisuke inumerous times, but it never worked, due to Daisuke's persistence. This made us experience how an all-dimensional being would work like.

In the final, we see Daisuke, Lu, Marimari and Gai, hanging out, and talking about their wishes for the future, in how they would like to see Keisaku and Milo once again. But I didn't understand that part very well, because Keisaku should have been eliminated from all the time lines, but this insinuates that that's not the case.
Nevertheless, I really liked how the anime finished, one of the best endings for an anime I've seen actually. And, although my favourite character of the show ended up dying (R.I.P. Keisaku), I'm satisfied with the ending, and I couldn't see it ending in any other way actually that would be as good or better.
We also see a potencial teaser for a second season, but I'm not very sure of that, because that teaser may only be there to tell us that, although our heros managed to bring Shibuya to the present, the plan of the Revisions still continues, since now it's the turn of the London city, so it may not be about a 2nd season. If it's about a 2nd season, I don't think this anime got that much recognition as it should have got, and the possibilities of a 2nd season are really low. But I'll be waiting for news anyways! But I also don't mind not having one, since Revisions ended with a pretty good conclusion.

Overall, I really liked this anime. I think its strongest assets are the plot and the soundtrack. For real, I find the story original and well developed, it's very interesting and it has a good use of plotwists. The soundtrack is also very good. I rarely find myself noticing the soundtrack of an anime, but the soundtrack of Revisions really stood out in a great way. I don't even need to talk about the opening and the ending, since they're both excellent (the opening is also made by my all-time favourite band, The Oral Cigarettes, and they did a fantastic job with the opening, so that's another point for the anime). Just listen to the music "Closer again" by Miyuu, it's so beautiful!
Although many people say the animation is bad, I don't agree with that. I'm not used to watch anime with CGI, this was my first anime that was fully animated with CGI, but I can say that I really liked it! At first it was a bit strange, but after some episodes I got used to it, and started to enjoy the quality of the animation!
Some things I would like that Revisions did better are the characters themselves, since I didn't find them so relatable as they could be (except for Keisaku, but hey, imagine which character died in the end). Don't get me wrong, I really liked the characters, but some of the atitudes of the characters didn't seemed natural, for example, when Keisaku died, the group of friends cried a bit, but the next day they were already good, like they haven't lost one of their closest friends.
I also think that this anime could have been longer, since it's plot is very complex for a 12 episodes anime, it should have had 24/25 episodes. Due to it's longevity, some parts were not that well explored and some were badly explained. One example is the Sensei, that tried to get some protection by seducting Daisuke, but before that she closed the door right in front of him, closing him and many other students on the top of the school, leading to many deaths, and after that she risks her own life to save Marimari. At first she was so selfish that put at risk the life of many students, but then risked her own life to save Marimari. Maybe she felt regretful, but nonetheless, it's a bit strange her attitude.

To finish, I'll say that I really enjoyed this anime, one of my favourites in fact, and I don't understand why it gets such a bad score in MAL (we can say that a 6.45 is really bad for an anime in MAL), since this kind of anime tends to have good scores, so, the only thing I can think of, it the fact that many people just hated the anime for its CGI, which is really unfair, because this anime deserves much more than a 6.45 (and the scores are still getting lower and lower). I would also liked that this anime got more recognition. I'm also pleased by the fact that the director of Code Geass made another excellent anime. Talking in Code Geass, I find these 2 anime really similiar in terms of how the story develops and how the plotwists appear (I don't know if you got what I meant, but I tried xD), so, once again, I'm really disappointed with the overall score of Revisions in MAL (as I said, I can only think that that low score is due to the CGI, since many anime fans are CGI haters).

I am giving this anime a 9/10! R.I.P Keisaku, you were the true hero of the Revisions.
May 1, 2019 8:59 AM

Jan 2015
Didn't mind this one bit. It kinda reminds me of Break Blade where it was a pretty mediocre mech but it had enough going to keep interested.

I would watch the second season.
May 30, 2019 1:01 PM
May 2019
Ah yes, that's the finale I've been waiting for.
Best Girl Lu gone even more wild.
She's visually totally my type.

NightCoffeeMay 30, 2019 1:04 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Revisions Episode 7 Discussion

LycoReco - Jan 13, 2019

7 by joshiyomi »»
Aug 3, 2023 6:45 PM

Poll: » Revisions Episode 10 Discussion

LycoReco - Jan 13, 2019

6 by LoganSackboy1 »»
Apr 19, 2023 11:13 PM

Poll: » Revisions Episode 4 Discussion

LycoReco - Jan 13, 2019

11 by W_E-E_B »»
Jan 9, 2023 9:30 PM

Poll: » Revisions Episode 3 Discussion

Tarotist - Jan 12, 2019

7 by W_E-E_B »»
Jan 9, 2023 8:46 PM

» is this anime good?

GeoDamii - Oct 7, 2022

11 by Madonis »»
Nov 18, 2022 9:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.