Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Jan 30, 2019 5:26 PM
Oct 2010
Finally finished the dub of this dumpster fire. In my personal opinion, the first season was a step forward from the original Tokyo Ghoul as it had better characters and made me like Haise Sasaki more than Ken Kaneki. But the 2nd season was two steps back and destroyed what made characters from the 1st season good. I hate Tokyo Ghoul with a passion and I thought :re would fix everything I hated about it in the first place, but I was wrong.

5/10

And that's just being nice as the opening is better than the anime itself.

OwlHeart said:
It's finally over! It ends with a 2/10 from me. So bad adaptation. I can't believe I watched the whole f**king thing.
I don't understand how some people can give this a 5/10 ... Different taste I guess.

Because I rate opening, ending, animation, art, music, and voice acting as a factor on my rating. I do not rate anything a 1/10 unless it fails these aspects. Giving a 2 makes me think the opening/ending songs sucks and the animation and voice acting are done by 10 year old children. A 5/10 is still a fail on my book. Only complain if someone gives this more than a 7.

CptJackSparrow said:
Why are people still talking about this?
its over stop it!

Let the people post about how much of a dumpster fire this trash anime is. You don't get to decide what I can or can't talk about. Or are you really one of those people that actually think this crap is a golden masterpiece?
SolidZone26Jan 30, 2019 10:03 PM
Jan 31, 2019 2:19 PM

Jan 2013
I figured Rize had to be the other core, it would only make sense.
Seeing him finally overcome her was a nice touch.

Unfortunately this season was a huge letdown.
I loved seeing more Tokyo Ghoul but if you keep on adding more and more stuff without any knowledge beforehand and just expect the audience to know who they are or what their backstory is ... it doesnt work.
Even if it did work, the pacing was just way too fast, one thing ended and the other started right away.

It had some nice moments but not enough to even come close to any of the other seasons.
Even RE season 1 was fine because it worked kinda like a timeskip, it still had time to show new characters and build enough of a story around them.
This season however just started wherever and just went wherever it wanted to go.

6/10
I'll definitely have to read the manga from start to finish one day, I loved the story at the beginning and I'm genuinely interested in seeing more of it and learn more about it.
Feb 1, 2019 7:43 AM

Jan 2009
We'll just go right on ahead and set that rewatch value to "Very Low".
Feb 10, 2019 11:24 AM
Jan 2017
SolidZone said:
Finally finished the dub of this dumpster fire. In my personal opinion, the first season was a step forward from the original Tokyo Ghoul as it had better characters and made me like Haise Sasaki more than Ken Kaneki. But the 2nd season was two steps back and destroyed what made characters from the 1st season good. I hate Tokyo Ghoul with a passion and I thought :re would fix everything I hated about it in the first place, but I was wrong.

5/10

And that's just being nice as the opening is better than the anime itself.

OwlHeart said:
It's finally over! It ends with a 2/10 from me. So bad adaptation. I can't believe I watched the whole f**king thing.
I don't understand how some people can give this a 5/10 ... Different taste I guess.

Because I rate opening, ending, animation, art, music, and voice acting as a factor on my rating. I do not rate anything a 1/10 unless it fails these aspects. Giving a 2 makes me think the opening/ending songs sucks and the animation and voice acting are done by 10 year old children. A 5/10 is still a fail on my book. Only complain if someone gives this more than a 7.

CptJackSparrow said:
Why are people still talking about this?
its over stop it!

Let the people post about how much of a dumpster fire this trash anime is. You don't get to decide what I can or can't talk about. Or are you really one of those people that actually think this crap is a golden masterpiece?

No i think this anime isnt worth wasting more time on.
I did it. You actually stole me like 30 sec.
Feb 12, 2019 12:52 PM

Jun 2013
I have no idea what I just watched. Maybe the creators should've added a disclaimer for anime viewers like me stating we need to READ the manga/novel to understand what was going on. Honestly I was confused half of the time and this second season made it even worse.

I actually liked the new cast of Quinx squad and I would've enjoyed the show more if they were to ditch Kaneki's shitty story all together and go along with the adventures of Quinx squad. It sucks that Sir Cryalot Kaneki decided to betray them without a second thought. Personally, I absolutely despise Kaneki's character but at least he was fighting a little more then his usual indecisive whining and getting beaten up. It so annoys me that Shirazu had to die but that psychopath murderer Takizawa and those goddamn clowns Uta, Itori etc. who literally endangered everyone were spared without any repercussions. I think according to the writer there is no such thing as a villain or an antagonist instead they are all just misunderstood individuals with some traumatic past or bond whom viewers should sympathise with.

I don't want to sound too judgemental since I haven't read the manga or novel but I don't agree with the writer's childish and twisted notion of peace. The ghouls are predatorial in nature and humans are their prey. It sounds so stupid that ghouls and humans left their hatred behind to strive for peace together. It's like saying wolves and sheep became friends disregarding their natural roles as predator and prey. At least there should be something creative and logical like ghouls become humans with some cure that kills the kagune cells. This lead to ghouls being accepted into human society without any real fear or discrimination.
Mar 13, 2019 7:03 AM
Mar 2017
This is why I don't read Manga's you well just get disappointed when the Anime Adaptation is shit!

I really hated Tokyo Ghoul when it first came out it's soo fucking Overrated show everytime I ask someone for an anime recommendations the first thing they recommend is this fucking show it took me 3 years before watching TG and now we can all see the downfall of this anime.

I did not expect myself to love this show after watching it back then. And I was happy when they announced Tokyo Ghoul:Re. Even though the small ratings and Hate's this Anime adaptation received I'm still glad that I've finished watching a wonderful Anime like this.

TG Series it's been an amazing ride.

9/10
Mar 15, 2019 11:39 PM

Feb 2011
It is over and still they did not tell us about Amon, Akira, Takizawa and Kurona (I feel I'm forgetting more characters).

This adaptation completely destroyed the story of the manga, which isn't that good to begin with (the last arc).
Mar 19, 2019 8:04 PM
Aug 2012
I wanted to rate this Anime so high, these are characters I've grown to love, and they all had some really good moments. But they just were not executed correctly at all, it felt rushed, but also extremely slow at the same time, it got difficult to get through this series by episode 1 of the second half, and I truly wish it wasn't like that, theses characters dissevered so much more, and they were completely ruined from the lines they were given to the actions and shit personality development, right down to the missing pieces. Maybe a full blog will be written in a rough break down of why I hated it, and what moments really brought me joy.
Mar 31, 2019 8:34 AM

May 2015
:re anime never existed
“You choose to be hurt rather than to hurt others, right?
You’re nice and wonderful.
But while it seems like you are choosing both,
you’re really forsaking both.”
Apr 13, 2019 7:06 PM
May 2018
the incarnation of rize wasnt explained.and so much havent been explain all through out. it was much been fast-forwarded. so many senseless deaths and plot have been fucked.
May 16, 2019 9:02 PM
Dec 2017
Haaa Tokyo Ghoul, the series people love to hate. I for one applaud the anime studio efforts. They tried to adapt 179 chapters of the manga into 24 episodes. Given the scale of the story that spans many years, all characters and different storylines. I think the studio did an okay job. Yes some things where left unexplained, scenes were cut. But that's what happens when you try to condensed 16 volumes of manga into 24 episodes.

I enjoyed this series. Score: Solid 8/10.
May 22, 2019 6:30 AM
Feb 2017
I expected far more from the Pierot studio ! But I m Happy at least that I had the occasion to see the end of the series without waiting for 2-3 years again
Jun 2, 2019 3:03 PM

Apr 2015
Even though it was a bad adaptation I actually got emotional near the end, And so Tokyo Ghoul ends.
Jun 6, 2019 6:32 PM
Jan 2015
I don't think it was terrible, but compared to the rest it was. I really enjoyed Tokyo Ghoul:Re, and gave that a 9/10, but this season got a 6/10 for me. There were a lot of good moments, but everything was too rushed and confusing. For someone like me who have not read the manga, a lot of it seemed unnecessary and unexplained. If anyone asked me what this season is about, I wouldn't even know where to start. Sad to see such a great series fall to this level. The ending was nice at least. Now, i just have to google what was up with those weird face tattoos and why the child's hair was like that.
Jun 15, 2019 3:01 AM

Mar 2015
Surely this whole thing had more than enough source material to get an adaptation it deserved? Such heartbreak.
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Aug 1, 2019 9:29 AM
Jun 2019
I loved the show and the manga. While I do agree that it was a terrible adaption, Tokyo Ghoul as a whole has got to be one of my favorite franchises. It'd be cool to see a proper adaption someday though.
hello

Aug 15, 2019 5:45 AM
Nov 2017
killuaxgon said:
it was like a recap of the manga lol, remake when

It aint happening.
Sep 7, 2019 5:59 AM

Jul 2017
I don't know what's going on and at this point I'm too afraid to ask.

No seriously if I hadn't read the manga I would absolutely understand nothing. This season was just a huge WTF....
Sep 25, 2019 6:24 PM

Mar 2012
I don't think I've legitimately ever watched something and after it was done I still couldn't tell ya what I just watched. This definitely was a first for me...theres no exaggerating this, what a cluster fuck of a rush job.

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Oct 22, 2019 6:00 PM

May 2018
Damn! This was SO ham-fisted that I want to sue!

"Are you intoxicated, or just insane?"
Dec 3, 2019 7:37 PM
May 2019
There was a lot of plot holes and issues with this series, but for some reason the ending of this episode brought me a lot of happiness. Seeing all of the characters happy and together as one big family made me really happy. Not quite sure why.
Dec 22, 2019 9:06 PM
Oct 2019
#latepost The most disappointing anime in a while. Pierrot hit it with the soundtrack &animation until the last 4 episodes. They didn't explain anything in the end. They rushed the fuck out of it especially the Rize scene.Finally this shit is over

Now to wait for a reboot by some decent studios.... Maybe ufotable anyone?
Jan 11, 2020 2:25 PM

Jul 2013
Worst season ever. This is so confusing, all happens too fast, the story itself is so different compared to the original, so many plot holes (like when tf Haise became Kaneki again, he was Haise at the end of the 1st re season), too many power-ups (when tf Kaneki got all that new kagune design and how), the style is so different that seriously, I had a hard time recognising which white-hair guy was Kaneki, the story seems rushed, too many new characters introduce to die literally 1 minute later or that we won't ever see again and thank god because with that introduction (well, they didn't have any, they were like 'Hey, I'm gonna fight you in a whole scene like I'm an important character even if I die 1 minute later') I actually did not give a ... about their fates.

Awful. Horrible. Terrible.
Jan 17, 2020 10:11 PM
Jan 2020
Just give us Tokyo Ghoul Cannibalhood after some years
Jan 22, 2020 1:24 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The only good moments were the sex scene and the family at the end.
Apr 7, 2020 5:18 PM

May 2016
TheKoopaKing said:
Haaa Tokyo Ghoul, the series people love to hate. I for one applaud the anime studio efforts. They tried to adapt 179 chapters of the manga into 24 episodes. Given the scale of the story that spans many years, all characters and different storylines. I think the studio did an okay job. Yes some things where left unexplained, scenes were cut. But that's what happens when you try to condensed 16 volumes of manga into 24 episodes.

^

Totally agree, i also liked it and i began to adapt the whole thing, too bad it finished so fast
Apr 13, 2020 6:11 AM

Jul 2015
I have to say even though this was a terrible adaptation done by Studio Clown, it was quite a nice ending
Kind of sad how rushed it is and how much potential this series could have had, only to be done so terribly with its many story cuts and generic animation quality. I really miss the gore and horror elements from the first season, they definitely shouldn't have gone the shounen route for this
The first season was great in my opinion but every season after that became much worse.
I really hope that one this series will be redone in a proper way because this felt more like a quick cashgrab, quite disappointing...

Apr 19, 2020 6:46 PM

Oct 2015
TheKoopaKing said:

+1

Many cut scenes, but has a final perfect!
*My english is a work in progress...
May 8, 2020 7:38 AM
Aug 2019
Guys so i had sth to ask about the ending ,i mean why didnt they save eto and her father at the end ? I really expected them to b alive somehow like i know they used eto's body as that monster in the fight ,but happend to them?
May 28, 2020 5:32 PM

Mar 2015
"The real tokyo ghoul was the friends we made along the way." -Ken kaneki.

I think this is the most rushed manga to anime adaptation I've ever seen, 122 chapter in 12 episode! Has any anime reached this record?

But you know what? Im not even mad at this season because I was already mad at the re manga anyway. Actually, it was fun to see how they handled this.
I bet the production committee wouldn't have decided to do this rushed season if Ishida wasn't already rushing to end the manga by that time anyway. Well, at least they skipped some of the lame stuff that was present in the manga.

5/10

It was nice to see some of the scenes and action animated. The kakujas looked very good, kagunes depended on the character.
I didn't like the OP and ED.
May 28, 2020 6:46 PM

Mar 2015
Prince_st3 said:
Guys so i had sth to ask about the ending ,i mean why didnt they save eto and her father at the end ? I really expected them to b alive somehow like i know they used eto's body as that monster in the fight ,but happend to them?

Jun 19, 2020 3:54 PM
Nov 2017
Only thing good about this season was the op. I cant believe piero did this. Naruto got how many filler seasons beginning. Several hundred episodes but they couldn't be bothered to adapt the entirety of tokyo ghoul. Like the only way this would be acceptable is if they intend to reboot it and start over from the begining. This was an abomination of an adaptation. I could excuse root A despite it being bad. I told myself they learned there lesson, but then they made this.
Aug 6, 2020 3:53 PM

Feb 2019
Even though adaptation was bad, I will miss them 😭 welp time to read the manga from the start again ugh. Kaneki 🥺 you're now happy at last

I thought the manager was alive tho since Eto rescued him 😲
owkey
Aug 11, 2020 4:18 AM

Oct 2009
happily ever after ~ clap
Aug 19, 2020 9:06 PM
May 2020
Well, i'm glad that is over.

I will move on to the manga now, hopefully it will be a better experience and give the great story the first season built proper closure.
Sep 2, 2020 2:39 AM

Apr 2013
Guess that was the ending I expected of this show, clichee to the very end. Pretty damn bad adaption, actually even worse than what I expected from Pierrot and my expectations were quite low in the first place. Though if that ending is canon, then I guess the source material isn't al that great either. 2/10
Sep 4, 2020 1:20 AM

Dec 2009
Terrible skip of context and progress or whatever detail overall of the story for non-readers of the manga.

While the fight scenes aren't extraordinary movie-quality or truly epic in their own right as amazing, most of the action is still entertaining even though some sequences, the choreography, transitions and overall flow of combat animation can be mediocre or simply not overly impressive.
The dramatic moments are very good. I almost cried in a few. Although they do lack quality in cinematography, soundtrack and effects at times.

Unfortunately of course, many fights, context, dialogue and overall scenes were cut out and shortened to rush to the more pivotal moments in progress to the story, but as a manga-reader it's an ok adaption that was still enjoyable to an extent. 7/10.

Depending on time of memory and priorities, I'm not sure how willing I'd be to experience the whole story of Tokyo Ghoul again with a proper reboot if it ever happens one day but, it definitely deserves a full proper adaption to the manga with how shamelessly rushed it was.
Nov 1, 2020 8:00 AM
May 2019
Well, this was absolute garbage, glad it's over. It was fun to witness as the franchise deteriorated with every single season, till it finally became the abomination we have here. Such a shame too, as it's likely we won't see a reboot of this - or at least, not any time soon. Oh well, at least I liked the first season.
Dec 22, 2020 1:49 PM
Dec 2020
I've just finished this anime and it was too good
Jan 2, 2021 5:29 AM

May 2020
Uhhh so it's over...at least they're happy
Jan 13, 2021 9:16 PM

Jan 2019
Honestly what a let down of a series. I had high expectations due to how good the first two seasons were, but Re was just disappointing. One day I hope to purchase the manga collection as I have heard it is a lot better than this series conveyed.
Jan 16, 2021 10:36 AM

May 2020
This is a happy ending but I feel nothing. Fight is too short and so much conversation. 6.1/10, 0.1 for Ken x Touka ship.
Apr 19, 2021 9:03 PM
Nov 2019
i dunno what else to say other than. good riddance. it's finally over.
Apr 25, 2021 8:36 AM
Aug 2020
FINALLY!! KANEKI IS NOW HAPPY!! IM SO HAPPYYYYYY!!! :)
May 21, 2021 11:20 PM

Jun 2020
The final episode of the season starts with a flashback of Furuta's childhood

These fighting scenes trying to build up the plot and kind of made it bland since it was just unclear what's next

A 6-year time skip from the battle like the owl from the past really was that destructive but good to see everyone alive and well and living in peace with the humans and ghouls

Finally, this series has come to an end, there would be a lot of better things that should have been better if it's just well adapted but the damage has been done but all in all I'm happy that this series ended on a positive note.
May 25, 2021 2:24 AM
Dec 2017
I felt like I have been cheated. Was that really a conclusion/finale. I am part angry and part confused. I think studios should show a disclaimer saying that they are just gonna fuck whatever manga/light novel series it's based on. Kindly shove your own expectations in your own ass.

The feeling after watching game of thrones season 8 finale and this shit is exactly the same.
Jun 17, 2021 3:10 PM
Feb 2018
What the **** did i just witness. At the studio nobody had the feeling that this is going to be insanely shit? Honestly. What was the point investing that little money into this? Jesus christ. The manga is a masterpiece compared to this something. -1 / 10
Jul 22, 2021 12:50 PM

Jun 2020
i prefer cock & ball torture
Aug 21, 2021 5:43 PM

May 2015
Tbh, this wasn't as bad as I remember it being. Yes, stuff definitely was sped up and you could tell sections were meant to be much longer than they were. But re-watching this, I still feel it got the story across, and idk if it was cause I was re-watching it right after the other seasons but made a lot more sense the second time around.

Quite enjoyed this re-watch and that ending was nice.

But man towards the end of this series they really just went balls to to walls with the kagunes. I'm just sitting here watching all this crazy shit remembering season 1 and how kagunes were just 'pointy things that stab' lol.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 23, 2021 3:24 PM
Aug 2017
Finally finished. Seasons 1 and 2 were good but 3 and 4 were complete shit. Glad it's finally over. The 6 years after part was nice.
5/10
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

» Guys are we getting Tokyo Ghoul Brotherhood?

SlimeLordOfRats - Mar 6

23 by shmoomp »»
Apr 21, 1:09 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2018

96 by RapidPhantom »»
Mar 14, 9:59 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2018

57 by ocrlh_ »»
Jan 20, 10:50 AM

» Tokyo Ghoul re: S2 below 6.50

TakaCode - Nov 15, 2018

37 by Tanishqnigam17 »»
Nov 14, 2023 10:13 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2018

174 by FuckuChan »»
Oct 29, 2023 4:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.