Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 24, 2018 5:18 AM
Dec 2018
It was a really sad and touching moment to see the momo-yuki scene. Their master-apprentice relation was well executed in the anime. It gave us enough to understand how Momo felt.

Seeing the car case scene again with the role passed on felt really good. Momo's character development throughout the Series was well expressed and all of it was summed up in that scene.

The ending is kind of bitter sweet. It's like they had to part ways but she probably did it because she knew that it was necessary for Momo's growth and her staying as support might hold down Momo's potential. The only other reason she would want to quit (given what we know) would be to throw away the dark memory and live a normal life, but it seems like she still remembers so I'll go with the first one.
Dec 24, 2018 9:11 AM

May 2018
As expected Mei ain't a traitor
Dec 24, 2018 1:59 PM
Mar 2017
I'm going to miss this anime a lot, I loved the final episode.
I was so happy to see Katrina, Byakko and Hatsume alive and back in action, what I liked most was to see that Mei was indeed a double agent and she planned this secret mission for a long time with Katrina.
On the other hand seeing Goe happy to know that Hatsume was alive moved me a lot, the same with Fuu who knew that Mei was always on their side.
Momo impressed me very much, she managed to defeat Tendo with all her strengths and abilities that Yuuki taught her.
Theresia also survived which was good, now there are more girls in the ranks of Tsukikage.
The farewell of Yuuki and Momo had me crying the whole scene, in the end Yuuki leaves proud to have an apprentice like Momo.
The new formation of Tsukikage I love liked it a lot, Momo's apprentice is very adorable and remembers a lot how Momo was at the beginning, Theresia is Goe's apprentice and Hatsume takes the supporting role with Byakko, Mei and Fuu are in their same relationship Master / apprentice.
The final scene where Momo meets Yuuki gave me a lot of hope and I remembered what she always said to Momo "spies are liars".
Anyway, I really enjoyed this anime, I loved the character design, one manages to become very fond of each member of the team and each one has its charm, also the soundtrack is really cool, 10/10 to this anime and this episode.
Dec 25, 2018 12:57 AM

Oct 2007
salbery755 said:
I'm going to miss this anime a lot, I loved the final episode.
I was so happy to see Katrina, Byakko and Hatsume alive and back in action, what I liked most was to see that Mei was indeed a double agent and she planned this secret mission for a long time with Katrina.
On the other hand seeing Goe happy to know that Hatsume was alive moved me a lot, the same with Fuu who knew that Mei was always on their side.
Momo impressed me very much, she managed to defeat Tendo with all her strengths and abilities that Yuuki taught her.
Theresia also survived which was good, now there are more girls in the ranks of Tsukikage.
The farewell of Yuuki and Momo had me crying the whole scene, in the end Yuuki leaves proud to have an apprentice like Momo.
The new formation of Tsukikage I love liked it a lot, Momo's apprentice is very adorable and remembers a lot how Momo was at the beginning, Theresia is Goe's apprentice and Hatsume takes the supporting role with Byakko, Mei and Fuu are in their same relationship Master / apprentice.
The final scene where Momo meets Yuuki gave me a lot of hope and I remembered what she always said to Momo "spies are liars".
Anyway, I really enjoyed this anime, I loved the character design, one manages to become very fond of each member of the team and each one has its charm, also the soundtrack is really cool, 10/10 to this anime and this episode.

I stand by the idea that Yuki did not really lose her memories. She smile when Momo walk past her. It's either Momo did not really shoot her, or the bullet used had no effect.
Liddo-kunDec 25, 2018 4:05 PM
Dec 25, 2018 3:55 AM

Oct 2008
it was alright...
Mei of course of a double spy and they have successfully brought down Mouryo!
well that was an easy win for Momo vs Buchou no Onna...
Momo became the mentor of the new member Magoichi!
nice! Byakko helped with the operation!
How the hell did they able to save Theresia?
Yuki smiled? so she still have her memories!? or that was just foreshadowing!?
4/5.
7/10.

Dec 27, 2018 4:27 AM
Mar 2018
I almost forgot to mention the score, which was great in this episode for the first act. It's not often that I get a liking to the modern use of electronic pop culture music, in the likes of dubstep and electronica. However where was the score from the first episode and trailers? It kinda wasn't here, even though you would expect the thing that teased you for the series in the first place as a fitting farewell...
Dec 27, 2018 4:20 PM

Apr 2014
a really good end for this season

firstly Mei played a perfect double agent even when it first happened i was like wtf but i had a feeling there was no way and then all the hints in ep 11 showed the truth but still it was a nice little twist and they did it really well

as for Yuki leaving the group i gotta say its not even that bad as there's so many people that joined now fills up her spot pretty well also i feel she still remembers i even bet she didnt get shot but made momo act like she did cause that smile at the end says a lot

but yeah loved this series im really hoping there's gonna be more for this series i mean its already getting a mobile game in 2019 which im hyped for so am really hoping for a season 2 and much more to come along with it
"one step at a time"
Dec 27, 2018 6:29 PM

Mar 2009
I have no idea how Theresia survived(her wrist was completely slit open), but I'm happy nonetheless.
Dec 27, 2018 10:39 PM

Dec 2007
Well damn, i wasn't expecting that ending, wasn't so into it from the start but the quality and story got me into it, loved the fact it delivered at least to me without fanservice and excess blood and violence and i like all three.

Dec 28, 2018 8:38 AM

Jul 2009
Mai being a double was a great touch...but better it would be to let her like a traitor, the world is not easy...

I didn't like Yuki decision to have her memories erased...there was no reason for it.

Momo got someone like her...
Jan 1, 2019 1:14 AM
Apr 2016
Finally finish watching this childish spy anime.
Jan 1, 2019 11:51 PM

Dec 2016
So Mei was a double agent after all, I kinda had a feeling that might have been that case but I am glad that she was and the senior members were able to read her.

Well done Momo, you took her down and blew up the power, Tsukikage saves the day.

Kinda sad seeing Yuki depart like that but I respect her wishes, she did get to see Momo one more time before it all ended.

Cool seeing Momo now with her own apprentice.

This series was fine, it didn't blow me away but I enjoyed it enough.

6/10
Jan 4, 2019 7:31 AM

Apr 2011
I already knew Mei was acting all along. Hatsume's and the other's demise were too easy. Thought Yuki was left out of the plan. lol

And that Momo vs Tendou fight was nice. But it felt too easy for Momo. Probably because Yuki gave her weakness away. And I don't think she's dead. The apprentice and mentor's farewell is saddening. Momo is now mentor and got herself a cute apprentice, and Goe with Theresia. Thought, the moment where Yuki smiled when both her and Mom passed by each other got me smiling as well and a sign that her memory wasn't really erased. I suspected it because the show didn't let the viewers see it.

This was such a fun show and I loved the ride. The traitor plot felt a bit underwhelming but this series isn't meant to be too serious. And I'm fine that.
Jan 4, 2019 11:27 PM
Oct 2018
overall good ending since the girls are still okay. i doubt Yuki lost her memory. her smile was suspicious after she passed Momo by. maybe she felt glad that Momo managed to move on, be less dependable, and replace her position as mentor.

i honestly didn't expect Yuki not being involved in finat combat. and she only gave assistance from far away through telecomunication device. also i don't like it when the anime decided to kill Tendo-sama (damn, she's so smokin' hot. too bad).

i also wonder why Tsukikage didn't use Memory Erasury bullet when they captured Tendo-sama in the car? they could have pretended her from doing her plan and the gas wouldn't have been sprayed over the city.

maybe its just plot device to make the story more dramatic and to make Tereshia realize, her master basically didn't look her up.
Jan 12, 2019 12:34 PM

Feb 2007
MomoSinX said:
tokidoki921 said:
Did anyone else get the feeling that Yuki never lost her memories? At the end she seemed to be smiling because Momo got her own apprentice now. Perhaps it was all a ploy to help Momo take the next step.

This was a good show, I hope there will be a second season.

Yeah, otherwise her smile would be way out of place there. She will probably support from the shadows with not even her previous team mates knowing about it. Pulled a classic spy on everyone lol.

I suspect she's not the only one either. The old lady's smile at the mention of the "champions of justice" was enough to make me suspect her even before she was revealed as former Tsukikage, so I wouldn't be sure she's forgotten it all either.
Jan 17, 2019 9:26 PM

Jul 2016
Well, I have to give this anime a lot of credit, being honest. At first, I thought it wouldn't be that special but I was wrong. It may not have the best story or well written characters but man, It really was a fun ride.

So in the end, no one died but I'm not mad in the slightest. Having all Tsukikage members alive is surely a very optimistic outcome but it was a possibility, based on the last two episodes. Besides, I didn't consider this show to be super dark or deep in the first place, it was like watching an old spy movie where the good guys are safe in the end and the only one who dies is the villain. Just don't take this ending too seriously. Personally, I'm glad all the girls are fine.

It also seems the idea of Mei being a double agent was right too. Predictable but I think it was nice. Not to mention that it was interesting to know that it was planned way earlier in the series, probably even earlier than the events of the first episode.

And finally, the scene at the beach with Momo and Yuki surely was emotional. I think it was incredibly well executed. However, based on Yuki's smile, it seems her memories weren't erased at all, which is fine by me since I will see it as Momo's last demonstration of loyalty/trust towards her master. Demonstration that ended up in a happy note with Yuki now looking after Momo from afar.

Overall, It actually was a pretty good and entertaining series. It was very enjoyable to watch and the OST was just great as well.

And that said, although it's almost a closed ending, I absolutely wouldn't mind a second season or an OVA, at least. 7/10
SouthRzVaJan 17, 2019 9:29 PM
Feb 4, 2019 3:17 AM

Aug 2013
So after initially dropping this series when it was airing, I elected to pick it back up and try it again. Honestly, I am not sure whether to feel regret over that decision or be relieved that I gave it another shot. Reason being is that I only really came back to see what Takahiro could do with this one given his notable works of Akame ga Kill and Yuuki Yuna is a Hero.

I feel like this show wasn't "bad" or anything like that. It has its worth to it given the premise especially if you're coming off the high of Princess Principal and need a fix that is similar to it. However, the problem with Release the Spyce is that it didn't have enough room to grow. I feel like if this show had a split cour or something, it would have done itself more justice. But given the 12 that we got...all I can say is that Takahiro delivered yet another series with a good concept but a poor execution. With the soundtrack being its main saving grace, this series could be debunked as a mediocre action series involving moe yuri vibes and a tone that clearly needed more time to be crafted properly. 6/10
Don't believe the hype.
Feb 4, 2019 7:19 AM

Jun 2009
It was pretty meh. 6/10
Feb 4, 2019 1:00 PM
May 2017
So a 8/10 from me. Also being predictable is in so many of these Anime. Some can look pass it. Just depends on how connected you're to this kind of Anime. Also one season is good for me. I will certainly remember this one for awhile. The opening theme is catchy so was more of a bonus. Ending themes most the time don't hold up to them.
Cdk1994Feb 4, 2019 1:15 PM
Feb 15, 2019 7:55 AM

Aug 2014
Nurguburu said:
bs ending. The traitor storyline was wasted potential. It a good idea but the ending ruined it.

It have severe pacing issues that wouldn't be so bad if the show hadn't been so biased towards the girls. But everything was resolved in a very easy way. At least the opening is better than the anime.

Spa pa pa parapa 🎶
Spapapapaparapa Spa pa pa parapa 🎶

3/10 for the anime.

I'll pick this for my summary.

Director doesn't know where to pick between moe line and serious line such as Princess principal.
The traitor storyline is indeed a bullshit although it was mentioned multiple times by the antagonist i still felt like it's abit off and the antagonist literally just another 1 dimensional villain.

I literally skipped through on episodes 10 onwards.

It tries to give a development for the girls like princess principal but literally none of the episode actually necessary for their own background becoming spies aside from "random" encounter with their Teacher.

The ending is predictable considering the way those tools exist in the first place but since it's kinda subjective I'll bring up the fact that i found it a wasted potential considering if it only follows the shoujo ai path but nah, let's dump Yuki and recruit more new ass random characters.

Even when given chance to meet one last time and give us a happy ending in epilogue by "Giving a hint that Yuki and Momo" still remember each other would've been fucking nice.
But yep so much bitterness on last episode.

Story were too much focused on nonexistent 1 dimensional organisation and villains, i find lack of moe that could've attract more watchers also a problem. Hence it almost like the story doesn't go anywhere right after Momo became a spy. Like are there any interesting espionage happen here? It's rather seems like they throw into same mission which is finding that Mouryou prove that they're doing bad thing, fought backgrounds character, somekind of Tsukikage Gadgets used.
Lol even Byakkou , Russian girl on steroids (that were unexplained of how she became like that or probably became tool of science) seems pretty much dumped after their loss.

I am glad i rushed last 2 episodes, it's pretty much forgettable experience
Feb 15, 2019 8:01 AM

Aug 2014
DedPanda said:
With the soundtrack being its main saving grace, this series could be debunked as a mediocre action series involving moe yuri vibes and a tone that clearly needed more time to be crafted properly. 6/10

I am disappointed they didn't chase out the more and Yuri vibes.
Even the spy thing didnt executed very well considering all they did were throwing exposition "Because i am spy after all by doing spy or tricky stuff that's pretty much expected to do" while something like Princess principal does what agent would do and be more bold about the theme it carries.
Likewise the only problem that Princess principal has was the amount of episode it needed as the piece already there and just need to be adjusted to make a linear story.

Man i am still disappointed there was almost nothing happens to Momo and Yuki.
Feb 21, 2019 5:17 PM

Jul 2011
That is why double agents and such are used, as they are very effective. Of course it may be super stressing for agent self to maintain role, who knows for how long...

7/10, last few episodes were quite nice, and Mei's double agent role were good.
GaichiFeb 21, 2019 5:20 PM

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
Feb 23, 2019 6:16 PM

Mar 2014
A friend recommend it to me just because "Momo is here" (the To-Love-Ru one) and the average 7 score didn't motivated me to watch it for a long time but after watching the first seconds, my ninja senses -which I got it after watching all the videos of "Which Ninja" from Gaijin Goombah- was tingling! Very good anime with a real ninja feel. The plot and the characters are simple but enjoyable. Great battle and finale!

Remember guys, NINJAS WEAR BLUE, otherwise pink-haired girls can see you during the night!
Feb 24, 2019 5:15 AM

Aug 2016
Final fight was underwhelming and the traitor plot underwhelmed people because they didnt go through with it but why is that ruining the whole show for them? Just because she wasn't a traitor doesn't change the outcome or anything really. It was really enjoyable anyways, people just want to be mad. 7.4/10

The one highly disappointing thing to me is that teased the ambiguous ending to Momo and Yuki. You can see Yuki smile when walking past. I think they should've just gotten rid of her memories and have Momo try to sustain her relationship with Yuki even after the erased memories.

Yeah I know it could be a secret thing where spies lie and her memories were never erased but it would be very uncharacteristic for Yuki to disobey the organization rules or just straight up lie to Momo with crocodile tears.
Spookie_SenpaiFeb 24, 2019 3:30 PM
Mar 7, 2019 4:59 PM
Mar 2017
It give me a shocked when Mei is the traitor all along but thank god it's just a double agent and I think I'm pretty sure Momo did not shot Yuki because of the smile when they meet each other again. I hope this will have a Season 2.

8/10
Mar 25, 2019 8:34 AM

May 2012
That actually was really to be expected about her being a double agent, couldn't have imagined it otherwise to be honest. Quite a nice ending I must say especially to see where everyone landed! Quite liked the general setting and development of this series. Nothing too special or extremely different but it was a nice watch in general with a nice closure to this story.
Apr 7, 2019 6:01 AM
Feb 2016
Well, quite the show and yeahh theres no such thing as erased memory bullet. Even amnesia could be cure in anime right?
May 11, 2019 3:39 PM

Apr 2013
I thought this show would get hella dark and kill of all characters but leave Momo with another season 2 of revenge. But this was intended so there would be no season 2 I suppose.
May 11, 2019 9:50 PM

Sep 2017
This series coulda used an episode 13 for a full epilogue. Well it was basically a happy ending after all. That is, besides the Yuki thing. Which btw is pretty stupid. We've seen how capable Hatsume's mentor is despite the spyce not working on her anything. She could easily stick around and continue fighting. But okay, she wants to forget basically everything about her life the past 3 odd years and live a normal life. Pretty lame but fine I guess. What'd she wanna do? Study abroad or something right? But wait, she didn't do that because Momo runs into her 9 months later and what do we see but a big ass grin. So are we being trolled by the writers or are we suppose to believe some conspiracy theory where she said the bullet was set to erase everything, but it only erased the last 30 seconds or some bs. What's the point of that? Meh.

So my complaint about the very easy escape in ep 11 is somewhat changed, buy the fact that it was Mei who loosed the screw. Still we cut from them just leaving the torture room to being on top of their roof, which leaves a little to be desired.

Seems Goe recruited someone anyway. Honestly the entire system is pretty stupid how they only recruit people through the mentor-student thing and that they can only have an average of 6 active members at a time (for the 3 spyces they have).

Not gonna lie, using the invisible gel stuff on her sword was pretty friggin cool at least.
Jul 30, 2019 8:29 PM
Jul 2018
Kinda weak ending. I would have preferred if Mei stayed as a bad guy instead of this overly convenient second twist. I also agree that Yuki leaving felt forced and came out of nowhere.

The new apprentice is pretty cute though.
Aug 19, 2019 3:44 AM

Aug 2018
All in all that was a fun series.
Aug 22, 2019 1:51 AM
Aug 2019
I feel like this show was kinda a mix of Power Rangers and Totally Spies. It was an enjoyable watch. It's that mindless fun where you can just check out and enjoy yourself self. Not the greatest but still worth a watch. 7/10
Sep 22, 2019 8:03 AM

Jul 2019
A great ending!
but mei's double agent plan was a bit too risky
I mean, Yuki and Fuu could have died,but I'm glad it all worked out in the end
Oct 13, 2019 1:51 PM

Apr 2012
Wreaking havoc on the vilains' base, check.
Epic final duel, check.
Heart-wrenching farewells with Yuki, check.

Great finale. Overall this anime had a simple structure, but had a lot of little innovations that made the execution always enjoyable. It never disappointed once, and for something that seemed so generic at first, it's a huge feat. Would recommend.
Dec 24, 2019 8:53 AM
Dec 2019
it is very interesting, I even forget the time while watching every episode of this anime, it feels very short.
hope there will be next season.
Jan 19, 2020 8:55 AM
Mar 2018
I just noticed the "School" genre tag for this anime. I don't really remember seeing much to any school in this anime. Maybe I just don't remember it at all...
Apr 23, 2020 11:18 PM
Jun 2010
matias067 said:

Yuki smiled? so she still have her memories!? or that was just foreshadowing!?
4/5.
7/10.

Spies always lie.
May 1, 2020 7:20 PM

Mar 2016
Forgetting about the obviousness of the 'double agent' stuff for a second, that explanation by Mei completely fucked the tension that was being built up to that point. There was some cool shit coming together, and then we took a break for like 5 minutes.
syncrogazerMay 1, 2020 7:27 PM
Oct 7, 2020 9:01 PM

May 2013
The ending reminded me of Phantom Requiem for the Phantom, but with less killing and more Men in black Neuralyzer-ing.

Very enjoyable overall.
May 7, 2021 7:48 AM

Nov 2009
Last 2 episodes were good but doesn't make up for the rest of the show, just tonally a complete mess. The way a lot of scenes are written feels like it was meant to appeal to pre-teens almost on a Powerpuff Girls level but then there's shit tons of murder, yakuza, drugs, gore and even a child trafficking storyline.

4/10
May 20, 2021 3:51 AM

Feb 2020
It was a great ending, although I didn't like Yuki's decision to have her memories erased. However, she smiled at the end, so maybe she didn't loss her memory, after all. Still, Momo kinda lost her mentor. The scene at the beach was so heart-wrenching. I felt so sorry for Momo. :(

Well, at least she has now an apprentice and they are fighting together against the bad guys.

I'm glad Mei was only a double agent, after all. She didn't betray her friends.

Overall, this was an intriguing, emotional, funny, and action-packed show.

P.S. 0.07 seconds left. Nice Bond reference.

SerafosDec 16, 2023 6:45 AM
May 25, 2021 11:27 AM

Jan 2020
Nothing much to say, really. Everything is just mediore. I didn't care much for the characters tbh. Some of them were even quite annoying at times. The Tsukikage members shared fragile bonds. It seemed like the only person they cared about is their partner and nobody else—they didn't give much shit about the other members. Quite a lot of apparent plot contrivances are frequently used, and sometimes the anime pulls things out of nowhere just for the sake of convenience (that old woman being a former member of Tsukikage, for example). The traitor plotline is incredibly bad. The fact that Mei wasn't actually betraying Tsukikage was painfully obvious right from the start, but what annoyed me even more is that they didn't even bother to put in more substance. Despite being predictable, the plotline could have been clever and impactful if it was done rightly. But no. Instead, it was executed in probably one of the most underwhelming ways possible.

That scene where Momo and Yuki bade each other farewell is actually very good, though. Despite the fact that it kinda came from nowhere, I liked it quite a bit. By far the best scene in the entire anime.

Oh, the opening is also great.
IrrelevantGuyMay 26, 2021 9:25 AM
Nov 11, 2022 8:36 PM

Feb 2014
In these last episode I caught myself skipping scenes over and over.
And nop, not because of the double-agent matter. Just that 1st half was more enjoyable and these last episodes made me uninterest on what was going on.

Sadly, this is will be probably another one of those animes I will forget just after one day finishing watching.
By the way, I didn´t like the 'memory eraser' drama for the sake of "now Momo is ready to have an apprentice" - for some reason I still think Momo lack skills compared to the others? Anyway...

It´s nice to mention that being girls only animes is always a big plus. I highly appreciate that. Girls´interactions are the best ^^

In general, I wish I could have enjoyed more, but turned out to be uninteresting in these last episodes, and the girls´ interaction alone wasn´t enough to make me entertained.
5 or 6/10

--

By the way, I am glad Mei really wasn´t a traitor; that would have crushed once and for all my enjoyment.
TechOtakuNov 11, 2022 9:34 PM
Dec 14, 2023 10:58 PM
Mar 2021
This episode was honestly a pretty good conclusion all things considered. This might seem like a weird thing to say, but this anime feels like a spin on the Magical Girl genre, and judging it under that lens, I actually think it is quite good at what it does. The first half of the series was much better than the second half overall though. I think the traitor storyline was fine actually, I'm glad Mei wasn't actually siding with Moryo. The main problems I have with this series are the animation (seriously, so many moments could be incredibly cool or moving or shocking if they were just animated better) and the villain. We never get any sort of motivation for Moryo other than that they're evil and want to control the city or something vague like that.

The main 6 characters, both in design and writing, are great. The music is great (especially the OP and ED) The plot is passable though not particularly innovative in any way, and aside from a rushed pace near the end it feels pretty well planned-out at least. As I said, the animation is lackluster, but it's nowhere near unwatchable or distracting. I'd give this series a 7/10 because despite its problems it still has a lot going for it.
tsumetai1163Dec 14, 2023 11:02 PM
Feb 3, 5:25 PM
Mar 2019
Way better than the ratings.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Release the Spyce Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 17, 2018

44 by tsumetai1163 »»
Dec 11, 2023 1:25 AM

Poll: » Release the Spyce Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 3, 2018

38 by tsumetai1163 »»
Dec 8, 2023 10:30 PM

Poll: » Release the Spyce Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 27, 2018

31 by tsumetai1163 »»
Dec 5, 2023 10:26 PM

Poll: » Release the Spyce Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2018

67 by Andynyxx »»
Jun 18, 2022 8:23 AM

Poll: » Release the Spyce Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 20, 2018

41 by Usagi-san-chan »»
Jun 6, 2022 6:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.