Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Dec 18, 2018 7:26 AM

Apr 2016
Hope they will make a sequel soon . There are still so many questions left.. Who is the twilight king ?..what happened with Kyo? Is he still alive? Is SeriousAsuka really alive? If yes, how she survived?
Anyway my score for this show is 8/10

Dec 18, 2018 8:16 AM
Dec 2018
syncrogazer said:

I can't tell if you're trolling or not. Re-watch the episode, please. I'd rather not argue with someone with absolutely zero self-awareness, but if you're going to keep on calling me delusional I really have no choice. I guess Asuka saying that 'Kyou-chan is in my heart' means he's still missing right? She wears the pendant on her person now, above her heart. She's going to college, now. She has a future.

Also, telling Loliasuka 'not to forget' isn't the same thing as 'let's find him,' not sure how you can even confuse that statement, but clearly Asuka knows he's gone and can't be 'found.'

Sad, that you couldn't understand a beautiful ending to a fun show.

The only sad thing about this whole debate is the profound lack of knowledge on how writing works you've displayed.

Going by your profoundly stupid notion of 'There is no King of Twilight,' and 'The Emissary only looked at worlds where Kyou disappeared,' this series is terribly written for two different reasons.

1. There is a rule of writing that everyone and their mother has preached and that all stories should strive to follow: Show, Don't Tell. What we are shown should line up with what we are told. Normally, the problem most shows have with this rule is that they tell us one thing, and show us the exact opposite. What you are saying with the ideas you bring up is that The Girl in Twilight failed to do either. If you're right and there is no King of Twilight, then the series did a terrible job at establishing that. Just because the Twilight is described as a force of nature, doesn't mean it can't have a king. Forces of nature also don't have emissaries working for them.
2. The King of Twilight has been a central plot figure since episode 3, and even the very villains that they have fought - those who are affiliated with the Twilight - referenced him. In episode 3, when Seriousuka asked about the king, the villain said, "Our king?" Seriousuka talked about him, and given how the Emissary talked about hearing 'the voice of Twilight,' it's at least hinted that he talked to her. You are saying that everything we have learned about this conflict, everything we learned about the Twilight, everything our characters have talked about and by extension the writers have told us, where bold faced lies. If you're telling me that there is no King of Twilight and that everything the characters have talked about relating to him was never true, then why would we even bother with world building or exploring that conflict if none of it is reliable. Why should I trust anything any of these characters have said? And if there is no king, then where did all the nonsense that there was one come from?

Assuming you're right and that there is no King of Twilight, then as DedPanda said:
DedPanda said:
Basically the entire little "multiverse" conflict that was going on was basically caused by one version of Asuka who could not handle her guilt of losing her brother. Sure the closure for Asuka as a character may have been worthwhile but to literally end the entire conflict with just that is completely underwhelming just to have a happy ending.

And this is all coming from someone who liked this series.
ChrisweeblingDec 18, 2018 9:03 AM
Dec 18, 2018 8:24 AM

May 2017
syncrogazer said:

I can't tell if you're trolling or not. Re-watch the episode, please. I'd rather not argue with someone with absolutely zero self-awareness, but if you're going to keep on calling me delusional I really have no choice. I guess Asuka saying that 'Kyou-chan is in my heart' means he's still missing right? She wears the pendant on her person now, above her heart. She's going to college, now. She has a future.

Also, telling Loliasuka 'not to forget' isn't the same thing as 'let's find him,' not sure how you can even confuse that statement, but clearly Asuka knows he's gone and can't be 'found.'

Sad, that you couldn't understand a beautiful ending to a fun show.

Smfh you should rewatch the show coz you're delusional, you're confusing character development for the actual plot, you have poor comprehension

The brother is gone but that doesn't mean he can't be found, stop acting like your one of the writer of the show jfc, you're extremely delusional, your nonsensical head canon just proves me right everytime, the episode is Asuka's character development, the story is not over, hence its very anticlimactic, zero conclusion to the actual plot and story

I don't know why you keep lying to yourself just coz I've proven you wrong

The character developments is NOT the actual plot, get that into your thick head, god you're very dumb
Dec 18, 2018 8:42 AM

Mar 2016
@Chrisweebling Loliasuka never mentions the Twilight King by name, if it was an important figure she would have, right? Also, why would the twilight 'speak' to her directly and not through the 'King?' I am willing to accept that the Twilight King is just the Twilight itself with another name due to some misunderstanding of intention or mis-characterization as to how the twilight behaves, as the characters don't necessarily need to be 100% correct with everything. But, Loliasuka does know, and she does explain that the twilight found her, do you really think the writers just forgot to include any mention of it in this very important scene? I never said it was a force of nature, I have no idea what it really is, but it obviously has some will of its own, to be able to 'speak' to Loliasuka and use her weird emotional power or whatever the fuck. There being no King changes nothing, as Loliasuka and the twilight itself fills that role perfectly. The Twilight King is left redundant at this point.

Most people thought that Kyou would be the Twilight King until the very end. obviously the writing wasn't straightforward from the beginning. Also, there are no 'rules of writing,' show don't tell is just one way to do things.

@Lairucrem All you've proven is that you can't understand simple dialogue. Re-watch the show at 0.50x speed.
syncrogazerDec 18, 2018 8:55 AM
Dec 18, 2018 8:44 AM

Dec 2016
Lairucrem said:
I get where you're coming from but it's still anticlimactic, there's no fight, even though they literally transforms to fight, it's just Asuka's episode, should've been the previous episode or made this 13 ep series, and again, there's no closure, no conclusion, Asuka might've gotten her closure but not the story's

This is literally not over, brother still missing, Twilight king is still destroying fragments, again this isn't the kind of climax after the previous two episodes had built up for, this is straight up anticlimactic

You obviously have no idea what a climax is or when is it applied.

The series reached it's climax on episode 11 with the fight against what they believe is the Twilight King, just to be revealed that she was Loli Asuka and our main protagonist Asuka decides to take one for the team and goes for the non violent resolution.

Episode 12 is just the resolution of the conflict with Loli Asuka and the epilogue of the whole story. Just because they didn't go out guns blazing on an action focused series, doesn't mean they should. Puella Magi Madoka Magica is one of the biggest examples on this kind of resolution.

syncrogazer said:
Lairucrem said:

None of that stuff is really important. Brother is missing because...he's gone, the point of the show wasn't to 'find' him. There most likely was no 'Twilight King' to begin with, and just because she can transform doesn't mean she has to. Her epiphany, like the other girls, gives her the ability to. It's obviously meant to be ambiguous. Literally everything you want to see would trample all over the message of the show, which is about moving on.

If it isn't important then they shouldn't have brought it up then, heck it's both the concept of the show so you're contradicting yourself dude, hence still anticlimactic af tbh

The concept of the show was acceptance of your peers (how the Radio Club felt like 5 girls just filling a cafe booth, and how they actually managed to become best friends). And dealing with false guilt along with moving on (Loli Asuka and also how Asuka dealt with the guilt by becomeing the everyday happy go Lucky Asuka)

Lairucrem said:
syncrogazer said:

Just because you were misled doesn't mean the show is anticlimactic. What else could happen after this, other than them going to university? The story is done, it's over.

Nah, you're just being delusional into thinking it's a simple moving on bs, you're the one that got misled dude, yes they moves on each character had their episode of that character development, but it's a fact they transform, it's like you're implying their transformations weapons are just decors lol, Twilight king is still there devouring fragments, brother missing, Asuka still wants to find him, you're confusing loli Asuka to our MC Asuka, heck she's the one who says you can move on while not forgetting the brother, so it's dumb to assume "oh yeah forget the missing brother, story is over so I'm sorry lil bro" lol man you have a skewed logic

There was never a twilight King. Serious Asuka and her people never meet face to face with their true nemesis. They had to come up with a name to refer to a main threat. Loli Asuka was the actual threat for all fragments and Kyo's disapearance worked as a trigger for her to become the devourer of worlds. With Loli Asuka accepting that it wasn't her fault everything goes back to normal. The whole thing with the stolen miso at the end implies that Serious Asuka and her world came back to normal too.
Dec 18, 2018 9:01 AM
Dec 2018
@syncrogazer If that's the case, then they could have done a much better job at establishing that. How hard would it have been to have Asuka ask about the King of Twilight and have the Emissary say 'there is none.' At best, they implied it was like that, but that's something that should be established. And the villain from episode 3 still recognized the name 'King of Twilight' as his king.

syncrogazer said:
Also, there are no 'rules of writing,' show don't tell is just one way to do things.

When a story doesn't follow the idea of Show Don't Tell, we end up with heroes that are more morally bankrupt than the villains. We have worlds that break their own internal logic. We have stories that contradict themselves. The only stories that I have seen that don't follow the idea of Show Don't Tell are badly written ones. If all you do is subtly imply that something is one way, and not properly explain or establish it, then don't be surprised when people don't notice it.
ChrisweeblingDec 18, 2018 10:34 AM
Dec 18, 2018 9:18 AM

Mar 2016
@Chrisweebling Well, following your own rule of 'show don't tell' I imagine the writers felt it'd be better to suggest it, rather than give us an infodump for something that was heavily implied in the previous episode when Loliasuka made her first appearance, and then further solidified in the explanation during the last episode.

As for episode 3, putting too much stock in what a manipulated villain says is one way the writing can subvert our expectations. Perhaps it has something to do with the twilight's will, or maybe that's just Loliasuka herself. Either way, it all boils down to the same thing in the end.

@Kimurah explains it in a way that makes sense to me. A name for an unknown threat.

I'm not disagreeing with you, as I think stories are better when they 'show' rather than 'tell' but applying it as a rule seems pigheaded to me and doesn't take every type of story into account, and I absolutely have no idea what it has to do with this discussion, as the problem you have with the writing is that they didn't 'tell' you enough.

Dec 18, 2018 2:10 PM

Apr 2018
Sorry for my delay

This last episode was the last blow that Akanesasu Shoujo gave to all of us. This whole chapter was perfect, once again this series impressed me. Asuka's drama was so emotional that her world was saved (For now, I think ...). A beautiful series that I do not regret having seen. 5/5 9/10!!!

Of course, I'm sure this series left details on purpose for later. I hope it has a sequel. It was a pleasure to have accompanied you on this journey ...

... See you in the next season ...

You and the rose are connected. Know the weight of your own life
Dec 18, 2018 2:33 PM

Oct 2007
Nemesis_Ranka said:
Liddo-kun said:

That would be awesome. Although we are still yet to confirm if there is actually a Twilight King. I guess they have leave some questions unanswered for the viewers, because this anime is promoting a game.

There is a game?
Well that might explain why the anime ends like this, they're like "buy the game to find out the rest" or something

Yeah, there is a game. And I hope the game sells well, because if it sells well.. then we have a better chance to have season 2 of the anime. :)
Dec 18, 2018 2:51 PM

Jun 2015
Vanschia said:
they still didn't explain what is twilight and what happened with Kyou
good end but it left me unsatisfied

5/10

Twilight was explained as a metaphorical enemy. It's the condition where you can't advance the next day, half between the past and the future.
That is very clear in the end and it is intuited in the reason why the girls got powers and the villains were absorbed by the twilight.
Dec 18, 2018 3:17 PM

Dec 2009
The conclusion lacked some more punch and tie up... but otherwise a great anime.

Biggest unanswered is why Kyou vanishes in all worlds. They played it up like a greater power was at work in his disappearance.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Dec 18, 2018 4:13 PM

Sep 2016
The_Dog said:
I want to know what kind of drugs the Storyboard artist was on when they did this episode, that was some incredible stuff. There
The_Dog said:
I want to know what kind of drugs the Storyboard artist was on when they did this episode, that was some incredible stuff. There was no way in hell i could have seen myself enjoying this series as much as i did from the start.
was no way in hell i could have seen myself enjoying this series as much as i did from the start.
The storyboarder for this episode is Shin Oonuma, ex-Shaft employee that works for Silver Link now. First half of the episode felt very studio shaft like and I was surprised they brought him to work on the episode. Also it worked well with series director Tamamura in charge as episode director for this last episode.
The Anime Binge Is Life

-PolarCyrus97 2k17-
Dec 18, 2018 4:27 PM

Oct 2007
GenesisAria said:
The conclusion lacked some more punch and tie up... but otherwise a great anime.

Biggest unanswered is why Kyou vanishes in all worlds. They played it up like a greater power was at work in his disappearance.

The loli Asuka is a powerful entity able to travel freely between fragments, as well as command giant noizi... but still she could not find Kyou.

I have to agree.. there must be some greater power at work here.

Dec 18, 2018 7:38 PM

May 2017
syncrogazer said:
@Chrisweebling Loliasuka never mentions the Twilight King by name, if it was an important figure she would have, right? Also, why would the twilight 'speak' to her directly and not through the 'King?' I am willing to accept that the Twilight King is just the Twilight itself with another name due to some misunderstanding of intention or mis-characterization as to how the twilight behaves, as the characters don't necessarily need to be 100% correct with everything. But, Loliasuka does know, and she does explain that the twilight found her, do you really think the writers just forgot to include any mention of it in this very important scene? I never said it was a force of nature, I have no idea what it really is, but it obviously has some will of its own, to be able to 'speak' to Loliasuka and use her weird emotional power or whatever the fuck. There being no King changes nothing, as Loliasuka and the twilight itself fills that role perfectly. The Twilight King is left redundant at this point.

Most people thought that Kyou would be the Twilight King until the very end. obviously the writing wasn't straightforward from the beginning. Also, there are no 'rules of writing,' show don't tell is just one way to do things.

@Lairucrem All you've proven is that you can't understand simple dialogue. Re-watch the show at 0.50x speed.

Blah blah, nonsensical headcanon, I've already exposed how delusional you are, just admit I've proven you completely wrong, your pointless wall of text just further proves how delusional you are

How can you confused character development to the actual plot lol, dummy

@Kimurah I see we have another one who's delusional and thinks they know shit about writing, lol the characters development is not the plot, you people are embarrassing yourself lol grow up and accept the fact it's anticlimactic, your opinions don't mean shit against facts
Dec 19, 2018 1:14 AM

Jun 2015
Liddo-kun said:

Yeah, there is a game. And I hope the game sells well, because if it sells well.. then we have a better chance to have season 2 of the anime. :)

Yeah a free to play mobile game, I don't have too much hope that the game resolve doubt from the anime just like happened in Revue Starlight, the story is totally different
Dec 19, 2018 2:48 AM

Oct 2007
Hmm, if the game is free... then they would probably try to get revenue from someplace else like DVD/BD sales. I hope this sells well.
Liddo-kunDec 19, 2018 3:13 AM
Dec 19, 2018 2:54 AM

Oct 2007
CryingSkies said:
This anime is really good I enjoy watching this. Im still wondering what happen to kyohei kun that day.. But overall its a good show 8/10 Thumbs Up :)

The Kyohei mystery would hopefully be answered by the game, or an OVA. And if we're really lucky, a season 2.
Dec 19, 2018 6:52 AM

Mar 2016
@Lairucrem I see someone hasn't re-watched the episode at 0.20x speed.

I'm going to end this conversation now. You're a fucking moron.
Dec 19, 2018 7:32 AM

May 2017
@syncrogazer

You're delusional so I don't care about your opinion, you also have extremely poor comprehension and observation

Here's your dumb argument: "moving on" = "story" lmao

Here's facts:
Them moving on is character development, they get tapes and they're able to transform, and even then when someone moved on, the threat of twilights is still there so your retarded argument just can't be right. The brother missing is an even bigger mystery than the twilight king so saying it's "irrelevant" just shows how delusional you are

There's no conclusion to the story so it's anticlimactic and that's a fact

Facts are facts, your weak argument is just your delusional opinion

Stop crying and grow up, accept the facts, you're being such a sore loser
Dec 19, 2018 7:45 AM

Mar 2016
@Lairucrem

Brother's dead in many fragments, because it is shown that there are some consistencies among different fragments (or that consistency is the connection)
Loliasuka triggered by her brother's loss, the twilight finds her
Loliasuka wants to destroy fragments in order to erase the memory of his loss in every fragment where it occured
Asuka tells her that she doesn't have to forget, to move on, and that she has no reason to feel guilt.
Asuka realizes that she herself can live her life without being in the shadow of his loss as well, and taking over the family business just to 'make up' for what she feels she did wrong has been her lying to herself about what she needs to do.
Asuka seemingly no longer masks her sadness, and is shown genuinely happy
Yuu is happy to see the change
Loliasuka has stopped the twilight, a metaphor for her desire to forget and fueled by her guilt, and it is implied that the previously destroyed worlds have gone back to normal, or if not the twilight is no longer the threat it once was
Siriasuka steals miso
Asuka gets the ability to transform (another metaphor)
Show ends.

This is the story. There are no loose ends, there is no reason to continue.
-twilight is now dormant, or slowed, because it no longer can use Loliasuka's guilt to eat worlds
-there was no Twilight King (Siriasuka is not credible, Loliasuka proves this)
-her brother's fucking dead, and it doesn't matter how, it just matters that it triggered everything.

Escaping the twilight = moving on to the future

If her brother (and his countless selves) are somewhere to be found, why doesn't Loliasuka use her tremendous power to hop around and find him? Why does she instead choose to pretend that it never happened in the first place, and destroy fragments where his memory still exists?

"You can remember him (Kyou) and cry"
"Will he forgive me?"
Yeah, dude, totally sounds like he's still out there somewhere, right?

The show is telling us all to move on, and here you are wanting Asuka and co. to scrap everything that happened in the anime, to chase a dead kid. If what you're saying is actually true, it would be an example of horrendous writing.

In a character driven story, developing the characters is the plot. Your entire argument is absolutely mindless. Just admit you got tricked and we can end all of this shit.

syncrogazerDec 19, 2018 8:53 AM
Dec 19, 2018 10:16 AM

Dec 2009
@syncrogazer

Let me just point out a few things...

A) Asuka was never masking her sadness, her "masking" was an act to protect others and maintain social stability. She always understood herself well and her actions depicted this clearly. She wouldn't have gone with loliAsuka if she wasn't already keenly aware of what was going on.

B) Yuu simply didn't understand Asuka well enough yet, which was part of their growing relationship.

You are correct, generally, on the metaphorical context.

syncrogazer said:
If her brother (and his countless selves) are somewhere to be found, why doesn't Loliasuka use her tremendous power to hop around and find him? Why does she instead choose to pretend that it never happened in the first place, and destroy fragments where his memory still exists?
What @Lairucrem is saying is the fact: Kyou disappeared, and there's no explanation for why he disappeared, he just poofed into thin air, and none of the world hopping found a single clue, means it's not something like a kidnapping or dying somewhere nobody is around, because there would be evidence SOMEWHERE.

(There is one possibility, considering the persistent location with the beach, perhaps he suicided in the ocean, but the question would be: why, and why wouldn't Asuka have discovered that? And why is it more consistent than literally any other detail of any of the worlds, unless perhaps Asuka created all those worlds from scratch for the sake of her friends, and none of them are actually real worlds, but reflections of hers in various formats.)

C) Moving on is only part of the narrative, the story is about growing up and change. It's about all of these girls overcoming their personal difficulties in their youth and discovering themselves (like most japanese fiction frankly0... Asuka's just happened to be the most physically significant one that resulted in all of it. Without Asuka's issue, none of the other girls would have solved their troubles as effectively, because the multiple worlds gave them context in which to study themselves and introspect with new perspective.

There's no reason to snark at eachother, especially over petty arguments and vague information.
GenesisAriaDec 19, 2018 10:19 AM

Dec 19, 2018 10:28 AM

May 2017
@syncrogazer

Again, I've already exposed how delusional you are, so I couldn't careless about your weak opinionated argument coz I've already proven you wrong countless times, you can write pointless wall of text essays all you want bcoz I already proved that's just your opinion and that you're being extremely delusional and completely wrong

An averagely written show fooled you into thinking that simple character developments are the actual plot of the show lol that's just pathetic, I don't even think it fooled you, I think you're just in denial and delusional bcoz I've proven you wrong

So here read this again, and try to comprehend it with that brain of yours if you have one

You're delusional so I don't care about your opinion, you also have extremely poor comprehension and observation

Here's facts:
Them moving on is character development, they get tapes and they're able to transform, and even then when someone moved on, the threat of twilights is still there so your retarded argument just can't be right. The brother missing is an even bigger mystery than the twilight king so saying it's "irrelevant" just shows how delusional you are

@GenesisAria I'm sorry but I needed to teach that kid a lesson, it's about time he grow up and accept that his weak and delusional opinion can't beat facts
LairucremDec 19, 2018 10:31 AM
Dec 19, 2018 10:42 AM

Dec 2009
@Lairucrem

Stop it. Just let it go.

This show is indeed a good character study, and a fun storybook jumping style fantasy... The worldbuilding lacks, but that was never the point, the worlds exist as contrived catalysts for the character development, it's a very classical writing style and i appreciate this anime for doing that, it's a welcome change of pace.

This is absolutely a character-driven story. The world reflects the characters, rather than the characters reflecting their world.

Dec 19, 2018 12:03 PM

Mar 2016
@GenesisAria I personally don't see any difference with what you've pointed out and my own understanding, save for my having to dumb down some things for a very stubborn person.

I find the only credible explanation is that his disappearance is similar in all fragments, down to the lack of evidence, and considering missing person's cases in real life, it isn't impossible to imagine. That only seems possible if the parallel worlds we see are only the ones that are linked by the same tragedy, and for the purpose of this narrative that's fine by me. Though, I am not going to pretend I am an expert on parallel worlds.

I've seen others mention the possibility of him drowning, but suicide seems out of character from the very little we've seen of him, so it being an unexplainable tragedy seems to make the most sense, though water was probably involved somehow. And as a plot device, it is certainly believable that such a tragedy would cause loliasuka such incredible pain and grief. In the end I think the ambiguity is purposeful, and I really quite like that. But I also have no reason to believe that it is possible for him to be 'found,' or that the narrative is setting itself up for that possibility.

'Bad writing' doesn't spawn such heated discussion, different understandings do, so @Lairucrem and their constant criticism of the writing is very irksome to me. It just seems like the narrative didn't go the way they wanted, and is blaming the writers for that. I don't see it as petty, but whatever. I think I behaved pretty well, for a conversation in which I was constantly called 'delusional.'
syncrogazerDec 19, 2018 12:26 PM
Dec 19, 2018 12:44 PM

Dec 2016
Hope for S2 so I can see Asuka transformation and what happen to Kyo even if the probability is small.
Dec 19, 2018 2:00 PM

Mar 2016
Going to rephrase my point, not for arguments sake, but for posterity because my last post was messy.

A missing person's case is especially tragic, which is most likely why it was chosen. In these cases it does seem like the child vanishes into thin air. Since the story is about how Asuka has coped with the loss, amongst other things of course, the 'specifics about what happened to him isn't important, because nobody will ever know. Parallel worlds or not, it being an unsolved mystery is the backdrop for the entire story, and it continuing to be a mystery to the very end can't be anything but purposeful. The mystery itself is the tragedy, and that is what makes Asukas' journey meaningful.
syncrogazerDec 19, 2018 3:00 PM
Dec 19, 2018 5:51 PM

May 2017
@GenesisAria lmao bro, see this is one example of the misconceptions created coz that delusional kid has poor comprehension, you could see my very first comment, I gave it 7/10, would've given it higher but it was anticlimactic, this all started just bcoz that delusional kid just straight up jump on me and wanna force his weak opinion that it isn't anticlimactic even tho it clearly is, it's a fact it's anticlimactic

I never implied the show was bad, heck I love the show episode 1 to 11 and one bad episode isn't gonna make me not like it, I still like it, again that's just how delusional that immature keyboard warrior like that kid is, he's so childish and doesn't want to accept facts, he keeps assuming things just like his weak argument, oh wait, he never had an argument, just pure opinion and delusional subjective opinion that he keeps forcing on others lol

@syncrogazer lol you're so delusional, you just can't stop on assuming things, I merely stated it was anticlimactic coz fact is it is

You even called out the other people for having also state it is anticlimactic, and even if they're being subjective, how immature can you be for you to get butthurt by their opinion? You need to grow up

But those people aren't wrong, coz objectively it is anticlimactic, you need to stop crying coz nothing is gonna change that fact

Again, I've already exposed how delusional you are, so I couldn't careless about your weak opinionated argument coz I've already proven you wrong countless times, you can write pointless wall of text essays all you want bcoz I already proved that's just your opinion and that you're being extremely delusional and completely wrong

An averagely written show fooled you into thinking that simple character developments are the actual plot of the show lol that's just pathetic, I don't even think it fooled you, I think you're just in denial and delusional bcoz I've proven you wrong

So here read this again, and try to comprehend it with that brain of yours if you have one

Here's facts:

Dec 20, 2018 7:38 AM

Oct 2008
Asuka resolved the issue by talk-no-jutsu to Loli Asuka...
they have 6 members now? keeps on growing huh...
4/5.
7/10.

Dec 21, 2018 6:57 AM

Mar 2012
Incomplete ending, the last episode was worse than the entire series combined. I was more interested in knowing why Kyo went missing all of a sudden from all the fragments but they never explained that part.
Dec 21, 2018 8:20 AM
Nov 2014
Amazing ending that wrapped everything up in one of the most satisfying ways I've seen. Some of the humor in the first half of the show was a bit iffy but overall I'm surprised at how great this show was, and sad to see it was apparently one of the least successful ones of the season. A real gem.
Dec 21, 2018 11:24 AM

Dec 2016
Lairucrem said:

@Kimurah I see we have another one who's delusional and thinks they know shit about writing, lol the characters development is not the plot, you people are embarrassing yourself lol grow up and accept the fact it's anticlimactic, your opinions don't mean shit against facts

Wah wah wah. Nobody buys my crap, therefore everyone is delusional wah wah.

What an annoying 12 year old cunt. You didn't even address how and when a climax of a story is applied and yet keep blabbering about writing.
Dec 21, 2018 11:40 AM

Jun 2008
That was an entertaining read. Skimmed some of it, though. Oh, I'm talking about the discussion above.

The fact that the show could even spawn such a heated conversation actually gives me even more respect for it.
Dec 21, 2018 4:41 PM

Jul 2015
This was a very interesting show, indeed.
Gave me some good Persona vibes on how the characters were dealing with their innerselves, desires, doubts, loneliness, guilt, etc...

My theory is, Kyu probably just died, and Asuka wasn't able to accept it, lying to herself, as was stated multiple times. I may be wrong, but I don't recall the family referrigng to him "disappearing". It is usual for a family to try not to speak much about their deceased family members, for emotional protection reasons...
Also... I think Asuka WAS the twilight king in some sort of parallel reality which at the same time was every reality... 'cause, she just didn't accepted Kyu not being there, that was the point of it all. Similar thing happened to the girls in episode 11, when they were let down by the professor's words, even when they already faced their ideals, but quickly got out of it by accepting those posibilities...

Anyway, Asuka, aka "Best Girl", had some tough time dealing with her guilt and succeded, leaving that heavy cross behind. :)

high 8/10.
Don't think another season would be needed, but maybe an ova would be nice, even if it only gives us Seriousuka and Ero-Yuu back or hopefully giving some certainty to Kyu's fate.

-----------------------------
Pd: Some sad cancer up here in the comments... we are all delusional... xD
I'll fade away and classify myself as obsolete!
Obsolete!!
Dec 22, 2018 3:45 AM

Oct 2007
Apollo_Madao said:
This was a very interesting show, indeed.
Gave me some good Persona vibes on how the characters were dealing with their innerselves, desires, doubts, loneliness, guilt, etc...

My theory is, Kyu probably just died, and Asuka wasn't able to accept it, lying to herself, as was stated multiple times. I may be wrong, but I don't recall the family referrigng to him "disappearing". It is usual for a family to try not to speak much about their deceased family members, for emotional protection reasons...
Also... I think Asuka WAS the twilight king in some sort of parallel reality which at the same time was every reality... 'cause, she just didn't accepted Kyu not being there, that was the point of it all. Similar thing happened to the girls in episode 11, when they were let down by the professor's words, even when they already faced their ideals, but quickly got out of it by accepting those posibilities...

Anyway, Asuka, aka "Best Girl", had some tough time dealing with her guilt and succeded, leaving that heavy cross behind. :)

high 8/10.
Don't think another season would be needed, but maybe an ova would be nice, even if it only gives us Seriousuka and Ero-Yuu back or hopefully giving some certainty to Kyu's fate.

-----------------------------
Pd: Some sad cancer up here in the comments... we are all delusional... xD

Nice theories on Kyo-chan. Yeah, those are also possible... he could have died. Although, what is the thing that causes him to die in all the fragments. And why only him that always die?

Asuka dealing with her guilt turn her into an Equalizer. I really thought that was just a joke in the end.. but she actually did it! No need to be jealous of the others anymore. ^^
Dec 22, 2018 4:45 AM

May 2017
@Kimurah you're delusional, stop crying and grow up, your opinion is irrelevant at this point coz I've already proven you wrong and exposed how delusional you are

I also never criticized the writing, I only stated how the final episode was anticlimactic which it is, that's a fact and doesn't really do the writing any harm but since you're delusional keyboard warrior with poor comprehension who jumps on arguments without context here you are embarrassing yourself, all because you think criticizing an ending means criticizing the overall writing, which just proves how dumb you are

Here's facts:

LairucremDec 22, 2018 4:53 AM
Dec 22, 2018 5:58 AM

Nov 2010
What a waste of time. There was no closure, no answers, no point to any of it, and it'll all be forgotten in a week.
Dec 22, 2018 9:44 AM

Jul 2015
Liddo-kun said:

Nice theories on Kyo-chan. Yeah, those are also possible... he could have died. Although, what is the thing that causes him to die in all the fragments. And why only him that always die?

Asuka dealing with her guilt turn her into an Equalizer. I really thought that was just a joke in the end.. but she actually did it! No need to be jealous of the others anymore. ^^

Just noticed I've been misspelling Kyo's name xp

If it was like my theory... maybe he was "destined" to die. I mean, in those other realities everyone else was also alive, and had pretty much the same ideals and characteristics, even when the world was different.
But, I believe there was a scene where Yuu referred to Kyo as disappeared talking to the other girls, and since she is an infancy friend I might be wrong on him being dead.

Maybe there could be a second season to explain more things after all, but still I really liked how, despite being Sci-fi, its main focus was on character development, facing their inner struggles, rather than explaining arbitrary mechanics of that universe.

:)
Apollo_MadaoDec 23, 2018 6:02 PM
I'll fade away and classify myself as obsolete!
Obsolete!!
Dec 22, 2018 10:01 AM

Oct 2007
But, I believe there was a scene where Yuu referred to Kyo as disappeared talking to the other girls, and since she is an infancy friend I might be wrong on him being death.

I might need to look for that in a rewatch, because did not see it. However if you saw then it must be there. What I remember is someone saying the police and the grown ups all went looking for Kyo-chan but cannot find him.

Maybe there could be a second season to explain more things after all, but still I really liked how, despite being Sci-fi, its main focus was on character development, facing their inner struggles, rather than explaining arbitrary mechanics of that universe.

Yeah, overcoming some strong emotional problem seems to be the theme among the girls. Overcome it then = you're an equalizer.

I'll be checking out the game soon. Hopefully, it's in english.

Dec 22, 2018 5:26 PM
Jan 2011
I'll be checking out the game soon. Hopefully, it's in english.

Haha, good luck finding the game in english, when its service will be terminated next month.

Dec 22, 2018 6:21 PM

Apr 2018
Wow ... I did not think this anime would have a debate. I'm pretty impressed...

You and the rose are connected. Know the weight of your own life
Dec 23, 2018 7:25 AM
Nov 2014
so basically nothing happened in this series except for a bunch of magical girl transformations.....
Dec 23, 2018 7:31 AM
Nov 2014
Kimurah said:
Lairucrem said:

Wah wah wah. Nobody buys my crap, therefore everyone is delusional wah wah.

What an annoying 12 year old cunt. You didn't even address how and when a climax of a story is applied and yet keep blabbering about writing.

no there's no climax in this story. I think you have never taken literature 101 before
Dec 23, 2018 9:26 AM

Mar 2012
Absolutely wonderful and one of the most underrated anime of the season. I enjoyed every episode and though at first I wanted some explicit answers about her brother, this last episode changed my perspective.
Dec 24, 2018 8:33 AM

Apr 2012
shiro_kai said:
Liddo-kun said:

Yu did say a love confession the previous episode, and she's possibly moving in with Asuka when they go to college. I guess we have to be content with that. As loli Asuka says, "you cannot get everything you want".

The problem is that it could be as friend that " I love you", she didn't said the "tsukiatte kudasai" (please go out with me) that would confirm it. :(

If her feelings really were koi, as I was told, then she would hardly have said "I love you" in a platonic sense. Yes, the Japanese love this Class S stuff, but it does not involve sexual attraction.
Dec 26, 2018 5:04 AM

Mar 2009
I appreciate the show ending Asuka's character arc in such an emotional and cathartic manner. If we're talking about Asuka's journey throughout the series, the ending clearly nailed it. They could've just wrapped up all the mysteries in one episode, like so many anime have tried - and failed - to do, but they were thankfully smart enough to NOT do that here. That being said, the series spent so much time meandering in the early to middle episodes, so it definitely could've done a much better job at spending more time on the various questions people still have about the story.

SeriAsuka's still alive, I guess? Sure. Whatever.
Dec 29, 2018 3:34 PM

Apr 2016
I enjoyed the overarching message of the story which is basically: Don't be afraid of change, and move forward into the future instead as you control your path.

I think it was illustrated nicely with the use of parallel worlds, and the MCs overcoming their own fears.

The OP was nice and enjoyable to listen to. I'm fine if the series ends here, but it does leave the story open to an OVA or perhaps even 2nd season. Though maybe unlikely. I don't think it receives anything after this. The way it ended was a good enough ending.

Overall, I give this anime a 6/10. It was solid. There was more good than bad. The animation was bad at times, but the story never became bad enough for me to regret watching it. Most of the characters were fun although sometimes I felt like after they had their own arc they went back to the bench such as Chloe and Mia.
[
Dec 30, 2018 9:08 PM
May 2008
Really liked the character designs. That's about it. As everyone else says there are so many unresolved issues that it's annoying..

I always thought Kyo-chan was the "king of the twilight". Perhaps he is..So the fighting is all just going to stop now?

Also I never liked the kyo-chan part of the story. It makes more sense now that Asuka's and lolisuka's feelings are resolved somewhat..But still they introduced the problem with kyo-chan horribly and it just always seemed so awkward to have this shota be such a big part of the story but he seems simply forced into the story. Never liked when he appeared in the opening either..
Jan 1, 2019 12:16 AM

Mar 2017
At some points I thought it was trying to resemble last episodes of Eva. Like the protagonist having dualism talking to "other self" analyzing past choices + STILL IMAGES
Jan 1, 2019 11:52 PM

Dec 2016
This was fine in the end, it never blew me away or anything like that but I thought it was fine.

I always liked when SeriouAsuka would appear, never a dull moment when she was around, I wonder if she actually survived in the end, I liked that teaser to end the show.

6/10
Jan 4, 2019 11:18 PM
Oct 2018
a good all-girls anime without male lead with some yuri subtext. the ending however was unexpected since there was no battle and the main Asuka and loli Asuka didn't involve in a battle. main Asuka also didn't get the ability to transform. the final resolution was achieved by talk no jutsu. also many things such as Kyou-chan's whereabouts, how the resolution affected Seriousuka, ero Yuu's true motives and movements, and King Twiligt identity still remain mystery. the five girls move on but i think we can't just ignore the supernatural stuff within this anime that played big role in developing the plot and chara. i think this ending is good but could be made better.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akanesasu Shoujo Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2018

29 by LeeTailor »»
Oct 8, 2023 10:42 AM

Poll: » Akanesasu Shoujo Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 1, 2018

73 by TechOtaku »»
Jun 7, 2022 9:59 PM

Poll: » who is the best girl?

NanaPirro - Dec 3, 2018

4 by Gvendoline »»
Oct 8, 2020 8:09 AM

» Is Akanesasu Shoujo underrated to the bottom?

Rachiba - Dec 12, 2018

8 by badabass »»
Jun 24, 2020 9:42 AM

Poll: » Akanesasu Shoujo Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2018

25 by badabass »»
Jun 24, 2020 6:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.