Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 7, 2018 4:46 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Haha, even this show celebrates Halloween. That was some comedy gold this episode especially with Ellie and her lewd outfit.

Very fun seeing all the characters coming together to celebrate such an event especially for the vampire girls. Same with the Christmas event.
Stark700Dec 7, 2018 6:16 AM
Dec 7, 2018 7:30 AM

Nov 2016
Halloween and Christmas in one episode, lol.

And guess Elly is old enough to wear such a costume.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 7, 2018 8:43 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
oh god Elly..

PLEASE

wear that again..

FMmatron said:
Halloween and Christmas in one episode, lol.

And guess Elly is old enough to wear such a costume.

all ages can wear that in anime ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 7, 2018 8:52 AM

May 2018
This episode they packed three famous celebration in the end of the year ; Halloween, Christmas, New Year.

Hinata decide to not inviting Sakuya and Yuu for christmas party. She smells strong yuri aura around them :) Ellie, know your place ! OMG dat costume
Dec 7, 2018 8:53 AM

Nov 2014
Cute and heartwarming as always. I love this anime.

I wonder why Sophie was so much against turning Akari into vampire.
Dec 7, 2018 10:06 AM

Jul 2015
That holidays speedrun, the girls sure celebrated things this episode xDD
Dec 7, 2018 11:51 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Haha, even this show celebrates Halloween. That was some fap gold this episode especially with Ellie and her lewd outfit.

you said that wrong

as usual..

so i had to fix it this time

:D

if Elly counts as a loli.. i think i just found my new favorite.. funny how my original favorite is a succubus XD

EcchiGodMamsterDec 7, 2018 12:05 PM
Dec 7, 2018 4:51 PM
Oct 2017
I wish we could get a kiss between Sophie and Akari pls
Dec 7, 2018 5:32 PM

May 2018
well, happy halloween, merry Christmas, and happy new year everybody :D
This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.
Dec 7, 2018 5:34 PM

Jun 2017
It would be a funny twist if they ended up turning Akari into a real vampire.

Hinata's yuri senses were tingling lol. Elly is on a perverted rampage, nothing out of the ordinary lmao.

It was really a celebration marathon.
Dec 7, 2018 7:46 PM

Oct 2015
That risqué outfit by Ellie was really something else though. That Halloween dinner was really creative, I hope someday I get to enjoy something like that.

The Christmas gathering wasn't bad either, especially the gift exchange part. I just knew they would pair Sophie with Akari, but she sure loved those gloves even though they are not needed.

The new years part was cool too, but that rising sun part was a bit cooler even Ellie and Sophie forgot they were vampires the way it was pretty.

The shoujo ai vibes in this episode were intriguing.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Dec 8, 2018 3:16 AM

Sep 2018
Very funny the episode although there is a concentration of events that represent the key points found in all anime, all this does not get bored, seeing the funny way they are addressed situations, the icing on the cake is the end, when Ellie and Sophie they watch the dawn of the new year, it is priceless.
Dec 8, 2018 5:43 AM

Jun 2017
Terkhev said:

Yeah me too, this anime never fails to make me smile because it's funny and at he same time heartwarming, this anime is undeserving of such low score, it really enforces the fact that weebs are ungrateful. Also, Sophie does have a point of not turning Akari into a Vampire, what will happen to her friends, parents and etc? Will they get turned into a vampire too? It would really be hard to explain to her parents but oh well, this is a shoujo ai show, that wouldn't happen.

lihle808 said:
That risqué outfit by Ellie was really something else though. That Halloween dinner was really creative, I hope someday I get to enjoy something like that.

The Christmas gathering wasn't bad either, especially the gift exchange part. I just knew they would pair Sophie with Akari, but she sure loved those gloves even though they are not needed.

The new years part was cool too, but that rising sun part was a bit cooler even Ellie and Sophie forgot they were vampires the way it was pretty.

The shoujo ai vibes in this episode were intriguing.

The Christmas gathering is kind of nice, I agree with you, it was kind of sweet because Akari was happy because Sophie likes her gift, just plain heartwarming. I also wish to enjoy Halloween themed foods like that, sad that I've never had, or maybe I had, long long time ago, enjoyed something like that, but not to that extent. The part where they forget that they were vampire while admiring the sunrise is pretty funny too lol, they had no idea that they were already turning to dust until Akari and Hinata noticed. Overall this anime just makes me smile.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Dec 8, 2018 5:54 AM

Jun 2017

The pixiv reference in this episode lol, I can relate to Sophie-chan a bit, I also did that last Christmas eve, I just browsed pixiv and looked for new illustrations about Christmas, I'm not sure I should be proud of it lol.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Dec 8, 2018 10:28 AM

Jul 2016
Three celebrations in one episode, huh? A bit unexpected but I guess it was ok. The halloween segment was my favorite one, they all looked nice in their outfits or well, mostly... Ellie's one was definitely something else.

P.S.: Uhm, I wonder how Sakuya and Yuu's Christmas went, by the way...
Dec 8, 2018 8:38 PM

Dec 2012
I wonder if ellie and sophie got down to it at some point. There are definitely hints all over the place.

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Dec 9, 2018 4:56 PM

Jan 2011
cute episode 3 in one holiday special huh was wondering why they didn't plan to air this one sooner with the start but it made sense now!

maybe i'll add this to my holiday anime watches
Dec 9, 2018 8:03 PM

Feb 2011
Terkhev said:

She's really protective of Akari in general. She's stopped Ellie from sucking Akari's blood once or twice by insisting Akari's blood was really, really gross. Sophie did taste Akari's blood once, back when Akari cut herself cooking, but she didn't act like it tasted bad then. I'm pretty sure she lied about it to stop Ellie.

My theory is that Sophie treasures Akari as a normal human being, because Akari's her first real friend. (By Sophie's own admission, apparently Ellie doesn't count.) Turning her into a vampire would make that friendship less special to her. I'm getting that from her protectiveness, and her line "This is going to change everything," when she thought Akari had become a vampire.

Did a stitch of Sophie in the pumpkin outfit:

Dec 10, 2018 3:28 AM

Oct 2008
Halloween and x-mas and even New Year's all packed in one episode huh...
Pixiv has been mentioned! very nice! that is a haven of all artworks! and much larger than sadpanda!
4/5.

Dec 10, 2018 6:19 AM

Mar 2016
Hmmm if there was a word that would describe this anime it would be "heartwarming"

Dec 12, 2018 8:15 AM

May 2017
Yuu and Sakuya definitely fugged on Christmas day

Hinata is basically Uki from Anima Yell who's not even trying to hide she's gay
Dec 20, 2018 5:10 AM

Jan 2011
I was hoping Ellie would get a lewd present for Hinata.
Feb 17, 2019 11:21 PM

May 2012
Pretty fun celebrations and events in this episode. Especially the new year part!
Mar 27, 2019 1:06 AM

Nov 2013
Cutest Halloween party ever. But the food sure looked disgusting.
Apr 29, 2019 6:43 AM
Jul 2018
nice episode, vampires are so silly with current seasons. ellie sure had a nice costume. lol when akari agrees like an old lady with sophie saying young people are so energetic and she's like the most energetic
Dec 23, 2019 1:11 AM

May 2009
This allergy to salt thing seems to be a part of vampire lore that I'm not familiar with...

Also it's interesting to interpret Ellie's desires for others to be lustful as basically projections of her own desires for herself.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Oct 31, 2020 12:11 PM
Dec 2018
I saw this episode tonight. This episode was about Halloween and tonight it's Halloween. It made me sad to see that Akari and Sophie had fun on Halloween and I did not have fun tonight. But it's good that on Halloween night and in quarantine I could see at least one episode about Halloween. :)
Apr 28, 2021 10:35 AM

Feb 2020
That was so heartwarming. Halloween, Christmas and the New Year in one episode.

Pumpkin Sophie was adorable. Elly's succubus costume was hot as hell. <3
Aug 19, 2023 6:40 PM
Apr 2020
Geez, it always hits me right in the feels when Sophie worries about Akari, this time around because she really believed Akari turned full vampire lol.

I guess Sophie's witch costume for Halloween is a refrence to Majo No Tabitabi, haha...

Honestly, it kinda catched me off guard to see Halloween, Christmas and New Year in one single episode. It's also unusual that the girls are complete at the Halloween party, including Yuu and Sakuya.

Also there were two more situations which managed to melt my heart: Elly worrying about Hinata on her way home and Sophie wearing the gifted gloves from Akari even indoors despite never getting cold, because as a vampire she has constant body temperature.

Funniest moment was probably Elly suggesting self made money as a Christmas gift to Sophie, when she learned that the girls enjoy self made gifts.
RikkaTakanashi_Aug 19, 2023 8:09 PM
Dec 13, 2023 7:26 AM

Nov 2023
Vampires gotta love halloween

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tonari no Kyuuketsuki-san Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2018

44 by Pinoffin »»
Mar 29, 11:28 AM

Poll: » Tonari no Kyuuketsuki-san Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2018

98 by Pinoffin »»
Mar 29, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Tonari no Kyuuketsuki-san Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2018

53 by Vyse_Sohma »»
Feb 26, 7:53 PM

Poll: » Tonari no Kyuuketsuki-san Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2018

26 by Vyse_Sohma »»
Feb 18, 7:51 PM

Poll: » Tonari no Kyuuketsuki-san Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2018

27 by WELLERM »»
Dec 13, 2023 7:25 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.