Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 9, 2018 9:55 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Kurapika knows his priorities. This is what I find interesting about him as he thinks ahead and calculates riskes based on what's important.

Looks like we got more Water Divination this week. More trouble is coming too?
Nov 9, 2018 10:43 AM

Nov 2013
I guess everyone just stop reading this chapter afterr seeing that page 18 hahaha
“You should enjoy the little detours to the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want.”
Nov 9, 2018 11:02 AM

Feb 2018
This was probably the most dialogue heavy chapter in a while.
Also it seems like kurapika is able to make all these bodyguards into guide formidable nen users which is pretty op, even tho it does drain his lifespan.
Nov 9, 2018 11:12 AM

Mar 2014
Togashi's walls of texts are back. That last page though..
Nov 9, 2018 11:36 AM
Jul 2018

Not gonna lie, i have been just looking at the art the last 10~ chapters without reading and i'm sure i'm not the only one. Holy fuck togashi, fix your shit.
Nov 9, 2018 11:56 AM

Apr 2016
ehhhhh I don't know how I feel about that page that's almost completely text and no art at all...
this is a manga, right...? you gotta at least have something to look at on each page...
after the last chapter, this definitely feels verrry slow, and very little progression
I get that Togashi wants to get as much info as possible out there, but sometimes you gotta know where to abridge certain moments.
Nov 9, 2018 12:31 PM

Sep 2010
Among chapters 381-383, the progression was well. But after 4th prince's unnecessary chapters, we again have a chapter not very progressive, even if it has HUUGE text walls all around.

Seriously he is gonna die before completing this. And considering we have 2 weeks more of this, let's see what the next cliffhanger will be.
Nov 9, 2018 1:05 PM

Sep 2014
Ok, this one had too much text... I mean we had that many times before but this time it was overdone. Hopefully, something interesting will happen in the next two chapters.
Nov 9, 2018 8:27 PM
Feb 2016
this chapter was one of the worst insults i have ever seen in a manga...

Togashi is a pretty mediocre mangaka at this point
Nov 9, 2018 10:06 PM

Jun 2014
KyouKaiTen said:
I guess everyone just stop reading this chapter afterr seeing that page 18 hahaha

I stopped after page 3 lol.....and that was hours ago.

Sometimes I feel like Togashi goes overboard with how much information he wants to throw at us all at once. Like seriously, page 18 had 3 people illustrated while the rest was text. This isn't a light novel, man, calm down.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Nov 10, 2018 12:18 AM

Nov 2010
thebrentinator24 said:
KyouKaiTen said:

Sometimes I feel like Togashi goes overboard with how much information he wants to throw at us all at once. Like seriously, page 18 had 3 people illustrated while the rest was text. This isn't a light novel, man, calm down.
Schmand said:

Not gonna lie, i have been just looking at the art the last 10~ chapters without reading and i'm sure i'm not the only one. Holy fuck togashi, fix your shit.

It's not Togashi's fault. It's mangastream's overcomplicated garbage translation that completely ruins this manga. I have re-read this arc with Viz's official translation and the difference is mindblowing. With MS translation, I'm struggling to get through one chapter, while with the official translation I binged the whole arc BECAUSE I FINALLY KNEW WHAT HE FUCK WAS HAPPENING AND WALL OF TEXT WERE KEPT TO MINIMUM.

Buy official shonen jump or wait until someone uploads the chapters on torrent or wherever. It's not worth reading it on mangastream.
Nov 10, 2018 2:23 AM

Jan 2013
simo796 said:
Dahaka_ said:

It's not Togashi's fault. It's mangastream's overcomplicated garbage translation that completely ruins this manga. I have re-read this arc with Viz's official translation and the difference is mindblowing. With MS translation, I'm struggling to get through one chapter, while with the official translation I binged the whole arc BECAUSE I FINALLY KNEW WHAT HE FUCK WAS HAPPENING AND WALL OF TEXT WERE KEPT TO MINIMUM.

Buy official shonen jump or wait until someone uploads the chapters on torrent or wherever. It's not worth reading it on mangastream.

mangastream is much better, viz simplifies too much
Lol I honestly prefer the Viz one, who would want to read longer texts with more complicated words? Especially for us non english speakers
Nov 10, 2018 4:14 AM

Nov 2018
Worst chapter of this batch. Page 18 and 19 are embarrassing to read. Please go back to spiders hunting Hisoka.
Nov 10, 2018 6:02 AM

Sep 2014
Nah, I may complain for this chapter's walls of text but VIZ's translation seems lazy. Mangastream seems to be more accurate to Togashi's writing style and I doubt the Mangastream translators would be so masochistic to make the dialogues needlessly complicated if that wasn't the case. Also, I get a different meaning from the texts in the first comparison.
Nov 10, 2018 6:26 AM
Aug 2018
One page had heavy block writing on every panel with about three simple drawings of people. Can you even consider that manga? Sometimes you get bored reading so much, you know?
Nov 10, 2018 10:31 AM

May 2013
So Gon could potentially get his nen back? btw that wall of text.

Nov 10, 2018 11:09 AM

Dec 2013
Dahaka_ said:
thebrentinator24 said:

Schmand said:

The japanese version has exactly as much text as the MS page.
There's just no excuses for Togashi. He's either being a lazy bastard or isn't very good at a Show don't tell approach. But more than anything, this chapter was utterly useless and uninteresting for the most part.
Nov 10, 2018 9:38 PM

Oct 2018
Lol, feel like Takashi is insulting us with a lotta haitus and texts.:P
Whatever if the anime comes out, I'm sure it's gonna be the most enjoyable ever again since that dude is the best one.
Nov 10, 2018 9:42 PM

Mar 2015
the text is fine as long as the chapters aren't 13 pages long

he can write 50 pages of text in a single chapter for all I care
Nov 11, 2018 12:08 PM
Nov 2018
Man what a lazy guy Togashi is, I wanna look at pictures not read. Reading is for losers, also how dare Togashi use semi complicated words, how is my mental capacity supposed to handle all that. Brb gonna read Fairy Tail cuz theres fanservice not too many complicated words and lots and lots of fighting. Me likey :))))))))))))))))))
Nov 11, 2018 2:26 PM

Nov 2007
Anyone else have no idea whats going on anymore?
The story is getting more and more complex, and with all these hiatusses in between
Nov 12, 2018 5:54 PM
Oct 2018
ItsAppleTime said:
Man what a lazy guy Togashi is, I wanna look at pictures not read. Reading is for losers, also how dare Togashi use semi complicated words, how is my mental capacity supposed to handle all that. Brb gonna read Fairy Tail cuz theres fanservice not too many complicated words and lots and lots of fighting. Me likey :))))))))))))))))))

Kids shouldn't be reading manga either way go watch WWE instead :')

Togashi is fucking lazy for sure tho what bothers me isn't the overwhelming dialogues or complicated kakin succession war strategies developing in this arc it's the long Hiatus in-between chapter releases at times. Hope he keeps crunching a chapter a week :v

Also even though viz translation seems shorter, it's just lazy af : mangastream > viz anytime.
Nov 13, 2018 2:12 AM

Aug 2017
Uhhhh Togashi fuckign lazy uuuh hes always on hiatus and uhh the art got worse uuuuuuuh. You guys realize Togashi is trying his hardest to finish this manga. He has fucking chronic backpain. It would be totally understandable if he just stopped writing. So show a little respect!
Nov 13, 2018 9:06 AM

Mar 2018
Let's be honest here. Since he has that backpain. it's his own fault for not getting someone to draw in his place, and therefore no excuse to write a few pages with microsoft word instead of drawing properly. The other chapters were really good but in this one he went overboard with the text.
Nov 13, 2018 11:07 AM

Dec 2015
I don't mind reading walls of texts so I really liked the chapter. Though, not gonna lie that page without art made me laugh. I guess Rihan's nen ability requires too much overthinking. Also, the fifth prince seems to be on alert.
Nov 16, 2018 1:46 PM

Jul 2016
You think Togashi is doing these entire pages of Text so that he doesn't have to draw as much?
Jun 6, 2020 1:05 PM
Nov 2015
The mangaka NEEDS to hire assistants RIGHT NOW !!!! , The manga tries so hard to be a lN whitouth actually being well writen, this is a mess, this is exposition text IS the same level as Wattpad writing .

Is like finding a Book and instead of describing what is happening and characters have normal dialogues is like having a convo like this :

- Hey how are you?

- I'm not fine i been THINKING on how to end this War thats has 12 other people and happen to be *insert all names and ages and power they hold* and IS gonna be hard since they have all this army for example Prince one has * explain every single body guard un detalle* , but is gonna be hard since i been practicing how to do do It, remember when we had that result, and the leaf did this and i thought WoW Will be hard to Battle againts XxX since his nen IS *explain all the dinamins in the nen of that character ** , right ?

- yeah you are right *leaves the room*

Is JUST LIKE THAT !!!!!!! having characters explainkng EVERY SINGLE DETAIL as in exposition text IS just a disgrace in novels... Men characters have real conversations, some inside text explainkng, then again normal text

Narrator give atmosphere, world bulding and It takes CHAPTERS ON BOOKS doing that, is slowly is rich is weel done. Not a bunch of text that has no meaning

This is an insult as a manga or as Light novel too. Fans Who are trying to apply the worst type of FALLACIES by saying go read a dummer shonen, this is a masterpiece you just dont understand It are just PLAYING THEMSELVES, i read books, heavy books and not a single one is like this ... Over explaining things cuz he thinks the readers WONT GET IT, HE DOESNT ALLOW the fans to have a single thought by themselves... Is insulting

I'm so mad. This is not longer Hunter x Hunter with Well writen characters that have EMOTIONS and reactions! Is a bunch of what 50 people we dont know that the only think they do now IS explain nen ALL THE TIME !!!! what is this !!!!!!

Also where the fuck is leorio ? He doesnt care even in the chapters where he supposed to be active *roll eyes * .... Dude hire assistants, tell someone whfr the stroy IS going and also hire people to do backgrounds or something, at this point for the last 40 chapters if we have a full body drawn he are glad and thanks the god for their kind treatment ... Dude IS A MANGA, some few faces badly drawn withouth a pinch of emotion with WALLS OF TEXT is not longer a manga !

Btw where is hisoka ?????
Mar 1, 2021 3:33 AM
Jun 2017
I love hxh but this is a load of bs. He is putting waay too much importance on Kurapika teaching the other guards nen. They shouldn't matter this much to the story whatsoever. Togashi is trying to be so impressive with the detail of the world he is actually forgetting how to create an interesting story for the audience. Also wtf is page 18? No one wants to read a page of small text. Jesus christ man!
Jun 28, 2021 5:21 PM
Jun 2019
That last page was not manga, it was a novel lol my brain hurts so much
Jun 30, 2021 2:13 AM

Jun 2020
wutdafuq

S-tier theoretical nuclear physics paper 👏🏻👏🏻 gg togashi 😐🗿🤣
Aug 15, 2021 7:53 AM

Feb 2018
This has to be the longest time a single chapter has ever taken me to read, not only it felt like a LN but it had so much information that it took me a fair time to understand what's up.. damn ;d
Jun 3, 2022 6:11 AM

Nov 2016
Meme chapter lmao

It's funny how the in-depth exposition is either the biggest strength or weakness of Togashi.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 11, 2022 11:42 AM
Jul 2018
These last few chapters have been almost unreadable. Not only are these chapters just walls of text, they’re walls of text about shit that doesn’t matter at all. I’m skipping over walls of text at this point
Sep 16, 2022 6:10 AM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Bruh one of those pages was literally a wall of text. My brain hurts lol
Feb 7, 2023 5:41 PM
Aug 2018
that was alot of dialogue i couldn't follow properly
Feb 16, 2023 11:02 AM
Aug 2020
The amount of dialogues are getting out of hand
Jun 3, 2023 8:53 AM

Dec 2021
nah i aint reading all that XDDDDDDDD
Nov 27, 2023 11:44 AM

Nov 2018
Ngl.
I stopped reading this shit 10 chapters ago. Just seeing those text traumatic enough.
"When they're alive, you can enjoy watching them struggle. When they're dead, you can enjoy tearing out their guts. Tales are things you get to enjoy twice."
Jan 20, 10:21 PM

Nov 2015
dear lord... seems like next chapter is going to happen something interesting or what...? I'm gonna loose it for real, these wall of texts and the... rambling? Great. 3/5.

well, I think heaven's arena was well made for sjw standards. BUT imo if the pace of a manga is good or fast then, the anime is doomed since the very start.i bet this whole arc will left room for the anime adaptation to work with, creating the best show ever! 😎 and I humbly think that is togashi's priority...
Berry-VodkaJan 20, 10:39 PM

💢

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 63 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - May 13, 2014

6 by Waddledont »»
Apr 14, 5:16 PM

» Chapter 401 will come out

georgecretuu1 - Mar 10, 2023

14 by StardustCursader »»
Apr 12, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 391 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ManWild - Oct 20, 2022

62 by removed-user »»
Mar 7, 7:52 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 1 Discussion

Canute - Jun 1, 2013

16 by Joel77 »»
Feb 28, 7:02 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 51 Discussion

Terrestrious - Jul 25, 2014

4 by Farm-key »»
Feb 18, 8:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.