Forum Settings
Forums

How do you guys binge watch an anime in one day?

New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Nov 3, 2018 8:18 PM
Jul 2018
I've only done it once and it was doing my spring break of high school.

I had no social life or responsibilities back then, so yeah it was easy.
Nov 3, 2018 8:19 PM
Aug 2018
Usually for me it has to be 12 or 13 episodes long any more I have to split it. Long running series like monster or fmab I have to split it in to 10 episodes a day (14 for the first) and usually it took about a week to finish.
Nov 3, 2018 8:20 PM
Feb 2017
I don't do it often since I have to be in a certain mood to do it. Also if I pick an anime I end up not liking by episode 2 I usually dont pick a different one to binge and kinda quit. Even when I have free time I procrastinate like crazy. I don't watch as much as I used to for these reasons. If you want to binge though I suggest only doing that for 15 episode or less anime. Or at least take a break before doing more. and for longer shows set small episode goals. if you aren't a procrastinator you shouldn't have a problem. Well your parents might be a problem...Just figure out a time they won't be mad at you for watching it.
Nov 3, 2018 8:31 PM
Oct 2018
Goodbye to sleep and social life. Anime is better than both
Nov 4, 2018 5:26 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
I just like Anime.. so if it's good one I can binge watch.

Do hate everything else pretty much that takes my time from doings this I like.
Nov 4, 2018 7:09 AM

Jan 2016
You can binge on weekend or something like that.
Nov 4, 2018 7:18 AM

Oct 2011
I experienced the same thing during high school. First of all, make sure your parents are preoccupied with something else like Facebook or watching TV. That lessens the tendency for interaction. Second, try to accomplish as much school work like studying for tests and doing homework while in school during class breaks. That really helps in freeing up more time to watch anime at home. Third, make sure you watch someplace where there are minimal distractions. Based on experience, I can watch without interruption more on the phone/PSP rather than PC/laptop.

In case they confiscate your device, find a backup device that you can watch anime with.
Nov 4, 2018 7:23 AM

Apr 2014
"I am a highschooler and get pretty tensed with studies after school."

well im not any of those so i can't really give you any advice. all i can say is that is why you can't binge watch series. other people don't have these limitations so can watch more. all i can say is ganbare kouhai-kun! (oof that was cringe)
Nov 4, 2018 7:29 AM

Sep 2018
Your guess is just as good as mine. I’m also in high school and have to study, and I also draw as a side thing and would like to produce at least a few things each week to put on social media. Not to mention, I have shit time management skills on top of that. So really I have no room to binge anime, but I’ve done it once or twice before and felt a little guilty afterwards, because I could have been doing something far more productive
Nov 4, 2018 7:53 AM

Jul 2015
Just be a NEET lmao. Spend a satuday night or you just so popular that you go socialize every satuday and sunday

Nov 4, 2018 1:47 PM
Jul 2018
I don't put any extra work into school than I need to. I'm pretty content with a B or higher, so doing homework tends to be enough without the need to throw myself into my studies. And my dad is into anime and stuff too, so when I'm not watching it on my own, I'm watching with him or my sister.

And I couldn't see myself binging a 24+ episode series in a day. But series with only 12 or so episodes only take about four hours to get through. And on weekends especially, it's not like I have anything better to do.
Nov 4, 2018 2:06 PM

Jul 2017
You're going through a period where binge watching anything is very difficult. I'd say you should stay focused more on your studies now and trust me, later you are going to have as much time as you want to do anything you want.
Nov 11, 2018 11:29 AM

Aug 2015
I used to binge watch episode after episodes of animes because I had the time or made time for it. Was always the "One more episode" excuse with me. XD
Nov 11, 2018 12:59 PM

Mar 2018
Easy, wake up early, open Crunchyroll and start watching. I only stop once my head starts to hurt or it gets boring.
Nov 11, 2018 2:45 PM

Aug 2018
Well, i dont binge-watch anime during weeks with exams in school, so i try to do it in weekends or, in the most part, in the holidays.
Nov 11, 2018 5:18 PM

Oct 2011
It's all about time management just like everything else. You do all the work early on so you can binge. I don't binge as much as I used to though, now I might just binge one series at a time in between work and studying for my license.
Nov 11, 2018 5:27 PM

Aug 2012
I really don't. I watch a few episodes a day, then take a break.
Nov 11, 2018 5:58 PM

May 2016
Yuno said:
I really don't. I watch a few episodes a day, then take a break.

i do this as well. i'll either watch 3 episodes in a row then i'll stop and watch 3 more then i'm done for the day zzzz

。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆。

from the days that i've
lived those i had spent
with you, seemed real

月光
Nov 11, 2018 6:43 PM

Jul 2013
used to bingewatch during winter/summer breaks or days off from school
don't really do it anymore cuz I no longer have that much free time
Nov 11, 2018 7:02 PM

Mar 2016
Manolas said:

I have watched a 50 episode anime in one sitting

How many minutes long were each episode?
"Wonder is always difficult until you forgive whoever destroyed your love of surprises"  Edmond Manning

Nov 12, 2018 12:32 AM
Sep 2018
Kiyomice said:
Manolas said:

I have watched a 50 episode anime in one sitting

How many minutes long were each episode?

i've been caught??? 8 minute episodes
Anime is pathetic. So am I for being a part of this community.
Nov 12, 2018 12:56 AM

Oct 2013
Well, there's a procedure of course. Firstly, I'll engage in a satan worshiping ritual by blasting Inno A Satana after which I'll be stealing kittens and obtaining some virgin blood to use a ritual material. The amount of kittens is dependent on the length of an anime. It's usually like 1 kitten-12ish episodes. After my preparations are complete, I proceed to chant so that my glorious overlord can provide me with enough patience to push through. Best thing about this is that you can get a lot of benefits like an overabundance of energy, so you have a chance to marathon up to 600 episodes with absolutely no side-effects.. Or possibly even more! This is how I caught up with One Piece in just one sitting.
Nov 12, 2018 12:59 AM

Jan 2013
I only binge an anime a year or something, and that happens only during summer
Nov 18, 2018 4:26 PM
Dec 2017
I only binge watch in the weekend, like this weekend i watched 3 anime
Dec 2, 2018 5:52 PM
Nov 2018
One 1 cour anime it's only 12-13 episodes so it equals 4-5 hours, that means one can start watching the anime today at 3:00 pm and finish tomorrow before 3:00 pm.
Dec 2, 2018 6:29 PM

Dec 2008
I don't binge anime-I'll usually do 5 to 8 episodes-max a day.
Life Is Short But Intense.
Dec 2, 2018 6:52 PM

Sep 2016
It depends on the show but I have a lot if I have the day off ;p
Dec 2, 2018 7:36 PM
Jul 2018
It just happens OP. Last time I binged watched an anime was with Brigadoon, and it happened on Christmas last year. Depends on the anime.
Dec 2, 2018 7:42 PM

Mar 2012
Normally I just watch anime at a snail's pace so It's very rare for me to binge watch anime within one day.

I think the only anime that i've binge watched in one day were White Album 2, Madoka, Tatami Galaxy, and Banner of the stars 2 IIRC.
Dec 2, 2018 7:49 PM

May 2017
Well it all comes to how smartly you handle your work time and enjoyment time, I'm an Engineering student and during my first year I watched a ton of anime but that didn't affect my grades cause I used to study properly during my semester exams and minimal anime, with that I got pretty decent results and even my parents couldn't complain so they don't even bother with me while I'm watching anime lol.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 2, 2018 7:50 PM

Jul 2015
No need to binge,

Just see it at your own pace.

Dec 2, 2018 7:57 PM

Mar 2016
For me binging a 12 episode anime takes two days to do. I watch 6 episodes one day and 6 the other. The only times I've ever watched all 12 episodes in one sitting is during breaks/weekends.
Dec 3, 2018 5:42 AM

Dec 2008
Back when I was still in school, I'd either buffer episodes in advance and watch them non-stop, and/or download small sized episodes. Just recently we were able to upgrade to a faster connection, so I would download a bunch now whenever I get the chance.

On my free time, I would skip OPs and EDs and be able to watch 3 episodes in an hour. Usually I have the whole afternoon and after dinner until late hour during weekends. Most of the times I watch first all the good series and go into the ones I like less. :)
Dec 3, 2018 6:11 AM

Apr 2018
Last year of highschool and i binge watch all the time lol
A 12 eps anime last like 4.5 hours only
Dec 3, 2018 6:25 AM

Apr 2017
It depends. Usually there is not time to binge watch as much now, though back in high school I got enough time more regularly. None-the-less, my family never was much demanding on spending time together, and I was never very outgoing in general either, so I did, and still do binge watch series if it captures me enough. I don't see how that is particularly troublesome, though it depends on country as well I suppose, mainly how much free time one gets from school/work. I can still binge watch 12 episode anime on weekends if I so wish, some weekdays too if there are less assignments, though due to other interests I do it less than before.

Still, binge-watching 12 eps is about 6 hours of free time, assuming some pauses to eat and the like, which I think majority of people should have on weekends at least. Though it also depends on how much one spends on other interests. I no longer have time to binge 24+ episode shows, though I only did that scarcely to begin with. I can count maybe 3-4 shows that made me do it back in HS.
MrZawaDec 3, 2018 6:30 AM

Art by ギャット GFX by aryandil
Dec 3, 2018 6:43 AM

Apr 2018
If it's just a one cour show and I have a spare 4.5-5.0 hours then yeah

Dec 3, 2018 7:09 AM

Aug 2010
well you have the most free time youll ever have when you are in highschool, so you are mostly just boned. besides there is no need to binge watch anything, watch stuff when you can
https://combosmooth.itch.io/ - I make free-to-play browser games for PC and I sell pixel art animation here
Dec 3, 2018 7:11 AM

Apr 2013
That's easy to answer, I simply don't.
Dec 3, 2018 7:22 AM

Aug 2015
@Kaito read this thread and maybe then you'll be able to pull off a binge with me someday ;)

but ya'll i remember being able to binge watch series. those were the good days when i actually had free time instead of procrastination time :'( and plus i reckon my attention span's worsened lmao unless i'm that hooked
Dec 3, 2018 8:42 AM

Mar 2016
lorraxne said:
@Kaito read this thread and maybe then you'll be able to pull off a binge with me someday ;)

Looks like I've got some work to do, I've probably managed to watch only 10 episodes max in a day >~<

Usually, I watch 1 episode on weekend mornings and 3-8 episodes when I'm on vacation. I have pretty strict parents too so I mostly watch in the morning when they're not awake and before I sleep when I've finished my work. I've never watched a show in one sitting yet.

Dec 3, 2018 10:51 AM

May 2013
As you grow older you realize that your priority list gets on a far different level

and fact is you can't binge watch without any repercussions.

Dec 3, 2018 12:46 PM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
had horrible experiences in the childhood with my family or "friends" outside or school. Thus became shut-in both mentally and physically. A.k.A was easy to binge watch.

Now as well, if I have free time and nothing planned with friends or such. I can't be bothered to be annoyed by anyone. Thus binge watch in peace. And if someone annoys me to annoying extent. I simply tell em to fuck off. Or I'll deal with em later. Depending on situation.

Bit yeah, after certain age/time it becomes so much easier to ignore, avoid or deal with external annoyances that burn your time when you want to do something you enjoy.
Dec 3, 2018 12:48 PM

Aug 2016
Not anymore, nowadays I watch around 6 episodes and already get tired.
Who are you and why do you show your hostility towards a complete stranger whom you've not once spoken with before. Are you seriously asking to get blocked? Well, if that's what your intent is; to tempt me into throwing hands with someone as lowly and insignificant as you, then i may grant your wish provided you articulate yourself a bit better when trying to spite a person of my wavelength.
Dec 3, 2018 1:44 PM

Nov 2018
Don't binge watch, not too keen on just sitting around when i'm off work, get bored and have to go for a walk or something, but I do watch couple of hours of what ever Anime I'm currently watching everyday, chill, cup of coffee couple of hours of Anime in the evening, then hit the pit if I got work the next morning, otherwise I just play video games before finally hitting the pit lol
Dec 3, 2018 2:37 PM
Ancient Guru

Oct 2018
Regander said:
As you grow older you realize that your priority list gets on a far different level

I am an exception to that rule but I am a special case.

I am an Air Force Veteran who was in Gulf War 1 and have Gulf War Exposure Conditions as well as arthritis from doing maintenance my whole life. One of the conditions I deal with is fibromyalgia so between the two I am in pain most of the time.

So there are times I cannot sleep and have binged watched multiple seasons including movies some nights to keep my mind off of the pain. I never kept track of how many episodes I watch at a time but I doubt a normal person could do it without a motivation like mine.

I guess you could call me a NEET since I am totally disabled. So my time is more my own but I have to work with the limitations I have. I would not recommend how I approach anime to anyone else especially if they are a student or employed. Before I became disabled I had discovered anime I only watched 1-3 episodes at a time because my schedule was hectic.

Due to my age, I did not have such distractions or concerns when I was in High School. And I was past middle age before anime became "a thing". Now I have a hard drive array with almost 600 different anime on it and counting. I just bought a couple more drives so now I have 2 arrays of 4 X 10Tb Gold WD drives that I mirror for backup and a home theater setup connected to my computer to watch them on.

I use MPC-HC (Media Player Classic - Home Cinema) to load multiple seasons on a playlist if it seems like a bad night. MPC-HC will autoload each episode one right after another. The only drawback to that is when I am lucky enough to fall asleep I have to try to remember which episode I actually last watched. I have a 27" 2K monitor mounted next to my 55" 4K TV to display my playlist as I watch to keep an eye on. I also have 4 X 27" 2K monitors set up 2X2 over my computer desk and run a different anime background on the 5 monitors and TV 24/7. The Home theater part is the TV hooked through a Sony AVR hooked to 7.1 hand built speakers.

So I can be hardcore to keep me busy but only because I have the time (even if I cannot move too well) and money to do it. I also collect DVDs and Blu Rays of anime to support US licensors and distributors so we have dubs to show newbies and anyone else interested who might be discouraged by a sub and to be more legit in my collecting digital versions. I am going to have to get more media bookshelves soon but I am running out of wall space too.

Enuf said?

Dec 3, 2018 2:48 PM

Nov 2018
I'm in 11th grade rn and there are a lot of exams like every week. Therefore I don't have as much time as I want so if I binge watch it's usually just in the evening or when I have a free weekend. Obviously I don't know what grade or age you are but maybe you should get your parents to let you do what you want in your free time. Obviously my parents didn't allow me to play on the computer all day when I was younger... but what I can say is that if you aren't about 18 years old it's kinda normal for your parents to act like that :D
Dec 4, 2018 1:38 AM

May 2013
BobP said:
Regander said:

I am an exception to that rule but I am a special case.

I am an Air Force Veteran who was in Gulf War 1 and have Gulf War Exposure Conditions as well as arthritis from doing maintenance my whole life. One of the conditions I deal with is fibromyalgia so between the two I am in pain most of the time.

So there are times I cannot sleep and have binged watched multiple seasons including movies some nights to keep my mind off of the pain. I never kept track of how many episodes I watch at a time but I doubt a normal person could do it without a motivation like mine.

I guess you could call me a NEET since I am totally disabled. So my time is more my own but I have to work with the limitations I have. I would not recommend how I approach anime to anyone else especially if they are a student or employed. Before I became disabled I had discovered anime I only watched 1-3 episodes at a time because my schedule was hectic.

Due to my age, I did not have such distractions or concerns when I was in High School. And I was past middle age before anime became "a thing". Now I have a hard drive array with almost 600 different anime on it and counting. I just bought a couple more drives so now I have 2 arrays of 4 X 10Tb Gold WD drives that I mirror for backup and a home theater setup connected to my computer to watch them on.

I use MPC-HC (Media Player Classic - Home Cinema) to load multiple seasons on a playlist if it seems like a bad night. MPC-HC will autoload each episode one right after another. The only drawback to that is when I am lucky enough to fall asleep I have to try to remember which episode I actually last watched. I have a 27" 2K monitor mounted next to my 55" 4K TV to display my playlist as I watch to keep an eye on. I also have 4 X 27" 2K monitors set up 2X2 over my computer desk and run a different anime background on the 5 monitors and TV 24/7. The Home theater part is the TV hooked through a Sony AVR hooked to 7.1 hand built speakers.

So I can be hardcore to keep me busy but only because I have the time (even if I cannot move too well) and money to do it. I also collect DVDs and Blu Rays of anime to support US licensors and distributors so we have dubs to show newbies and anyone else interested who might be discouraged by a sub and to be more legit in my collecting digital versions. I am going to have to get more media bookshelves soon but I am running out of wall space too.

Enuf said?

I'm glad you have found some peace with anime but my point was on the average person in his early/late 20's who spend too much time on anime and GOT the possibility to do far more productive stuff.
Dec 4, 2018 2:07 AM

Sep 2018
Lol i watch like 25 ep a day when i binge and that is on like all weekends and off days on days since i dont have anything better to do
Dec 4, 2018 1:02 PM

Dec 2016
DualSabers said:
Take my case for example. I am a highschooler and get pretty tensed with studies after school. My parents want to interact more with them. I can't ever get the time to binge watch. Even if I did, my parents would confiscate my device. So I was wondering what you guys think.
You said you get pretty tense with studies after school, right? Rather than binge-watching, why not try to compromise with your parents to let you have some time to de-stress by watching at most 1 or 2 episodes of animes every day after school? It won't take longer than an hour/day.

If it's a short, 12-episodic show, you'll finish the whole thing in less than a week or 2 weeks at most.

In my case, I did binge-watch coz I had time in uni. Some shows I binge normally but others I played it in 1.5x speed coz they just bore me and as much as I'd love to finish the whole thing, I just don't wanna waste too much time on it.
Dec 4, 2018 1:04 PM

Jul 2015
i just do
when i was in school i didnt give a single fuk since i aced all exams and shit without going to school studying and all that stupid shit and now when i work its harder but i can find time for 10-20 episodes daily

Well...
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» What if Your Favourite Anime had the Flaws of Your Least Favourite Anime?

APolygons2 - 2 hours ago

16 by FanofAction »»
7 minutes ago

» Why do people complain about "rapey" characters in anime?

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

36 by LostSpectre »»
9 minutes ago

» Tell me why older anime is better that newer anime. ( 1 2 )

fluffycow17 - Mar 24, 2021

60 by LostSpectre »»
11 minutes ago

Poll: » What's with all the hate from the MAL community towards Anitubers? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 25

71 by 23feanor »»
13 minutes ago

» Why male characters tend to have more interesting personalities than female characters?

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

26 by FanofAction »»
24 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.