Forum Settings
Forums

Do you hate people who hate your favorite anime?

New
Pages (10) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 »
May 6, 2020 4:54 AM

Apr 2020
no, I don't hate them, why don't I hate them? Because people's perspective is different so it's only natural that they say our favorite anime is bad, because from that person's point of view my favorite anime is bad
May 6, 2020 5:16 AM

Jan 2010
That's why you don't force people to watch your favorite anime, lol. Let alone exchange... I know a lot of anime fans seem to do this, but I don't like being forced to watch something I don't want to.

I don't hate people that hate what I love, ofc, lol.
However, I obv wouldn't want to talk/listen about it. I prefer talking about what we have in common. I don't mind arguing though. As long as the person isn't rude, is civil and actually explains.
May 6, 2020 5:23 AM

Sep 2009
Not really...
Maybe they are looking for something else...
May 6, 2020 11:23 PM
Jul 2018
I can't exactly base a person off of what anime they HATE to determine if I HATE them as a person.
May 6, 2020 11:56 PM

Apr 2018
Not really, it doesn't matter what anime they hate. I just don't like haters. As long as they are reasonable enough, not too rude, and respect other people's opinions, tastes, and personal preferences, I feel neutral towards them, but if they start spreading hate (basically being a hater), then I start disliking them. Also, I don't want to argue with them, I just want to stay away from them. It's pointless to argue with haters.

Even someone hates an anime, some cases are acceptable, for example:
- "I hate this anime. It's pretty boring for me, the story is a mess, the protagonist is too annoying." is acceptable.
- "What the hell is this? It's a total mess. Plus it's annoying." is still acceptable.
- "Trash anime, who would ever watch this crap?" is unacceptable.

Personally, I hardly ever hate any anime, I only dislike some.

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain

May 7, 2020 11:20 AM
Jul 2018
Nope, they just have different preferences. And I don't really care what others like or dislike. But if they begin insulting you using your favorites against you... then we have a problem.
May 7, 2020 12:11 PM
Jan 2019
I think that I won't hate him but I would give him less attention.
“You don’t cry because your weak, you cry because you’ve been strong for too long.”
May 7, 2020 2:59 PM

Jul 2011
I never met an anime fan who thought Monster was a bad show, but I would definitely not hate/dislike them if they did. That's ridiculous.
Check out my anime reviews or my pet will get you: Mezase Pokémon Master
Jul 6, 2020 5:02 AM
Apr 2020
No. It's their opinion. But, if he's flexing his favorite character from a popular anime(like Luffy, Naturo etc.), I would change my mind.
If you're happy and you know it clap your hands
Jul 6, 2020 1:35 PM
May 2020
I don’t really give a shit tbh. They can hate it all they want, I won’t care a single bit. I have other people in mind who I hate so goddamn much compared to people who don’t like my favorite anime.
Jul 6, 2020 2:29 PM
Feb 2009
Honestly, if I love something and someone else hates it, or vice versa, I'd prefer to discuss why we have those opinions and just agree to disagree like adults. Because there's just no point in expending the effort and energy of getting hyper worked up over a difference of opinion.
Jul 6, 2020 2:32 PM

Aug 2018
Obviously not. Well, unless they’re a big obnoxious asshole about it, then still probably not tbh lol. It takes a lot for me to outright hate someone.
Jul 6, 2020 2:35 PM

Aug 2015
I only hate people who hate my waifus
Jul 6, 2020 2:40 PM

Oct 2015
Nah dude, being dumb ain't no crime so I wouldn't blame 'em. You can just admit to being a brainlet an we'll go our merry ways.
Jul 6, 2020 2:40 PM

Sep 2019
ktulu007 said:
Honestly, if I love something and someone else hates it, or vice versa, I'd prefer to discuss why we have those opinions and just agree to disagree like adults. Because there's just no point in expending the effort and energy of getting hyper worked up over a difference of opinion.
Yeah I stand by this statement no need to get so worked up over someone who has a different opinion other than you.
"No matter how hard we fight it we always return to where we're meant to be."
Jul 6, 2020 2:42 PM

Sep 2017
I'm not biased toward anyone
I hate everyone equally
خ
Jul 6, 2020 2:48 PM

Apr 2020
No. I have no interest in explaining why I like some animes others hate, same way I don't have interest in someone convincing me some anime I dropped is good.
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Jul 6, 2020 2:54 PM
穂乃果は神

Oct 2015
Often it just seems like a bad take to hate somebody just because they like or dislike something that you don't (and nothing more). Would you say you immediately like anyone who does like what you like, or dislike what you dislike? I feel like it says more about you than it does them. It just comes off as self-centered and not very understanding to me, on top of being fragile, because ones favorites says less about someone's actions on a personal level than people take granted for. Disagreements are probably some of the most important things there are in life, long as you can be respectful about it.

But I also can't stand it when people are a piece of shit who cannot respect what you like or dislike. Obviously the first paragraph wasn't specifically targeted at OP, but if they are to ever treat you lowly because of it or personally attack you, that says a whole lot more about them.

While I stick to my belief there, I also do sometimes feel personally attacked if someone gets hostile about one of my favorites (not to me, but they just express their hatred for, say, Love Live), because obviously they're my favorites because they mean a lot more to me than people seem to take granted for. That doesn't mean I will get hostile, or that they will necessarily attack me. It just means that the anime is incredibly important to me on a personal level, not just because I enjoyed it for found things that resonated with me, but I found reflection and understanding, have had personal growth and thought, moving towards new choices and many, many more reasons including a sense of profoundness to my heart.
I just don't like it when people have to treat people who like an anime they don't (or vice versa) as some sort of trash, or stupid, because it really comes off as a pompous asshole and a just plain wrong idea. You gain no understanding of others by validating yourself about people who you barely know, and your idea on who these people are in their entirety. It is the easy way to simply do so rather than understand, but not exactly fair or respectable. Yet, here we are, and here I am, in the anime community. I digress.

In the end, I have hatred towards none, but love and understanding towards all. In my life, I do my best to understand people. I just express how I feel people come off by the way that they express themselves and come to understand their general intention. Often, people come off as an asshole, yet have golden intentions, which is why I try and be both direct with how I feel, on top of considering how I come off.
ChartTopper60Jul 6, 2020 3:08 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 6, 2020 3:03 PM

Nov 2016
No, but stupid ass arguments why the anime is supposedly bad or spiteful comments of any sort are my pet peeve.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 6, 2020 3:23 PM
Apr 2014
No, I am civil and respect other people's thoughts even if we disagree.
Jul 7, 2020 2:18 AM

Apr 2020
i don't hate them. i simply pity them.
Jul 7, 2020 2:41 AM

Aug 2017
No, I have friends who hate what I watch, we don't make a big fuss about it.
Jul 7, 2020 2:42 AM

Dec 2018
No I dont hate people because they dont like my favorite cartoons Lol

I dislike people who are trying to be some kind of art police. Being condescending and rude towards others merely because their taste in art are different

But that is IMO rather a personality problem. And to be honest I dont hate those people either =P They are not worthy, its just a waste of my precious energy to hate them

Jul 7, 2020 2:48 AM
Jul 2018
Well yeah I do start hating on them if they start saying ill of my favourite anime.. especially when they haven't even watched it! That's just so frustating I feel like killing them
Jul 7, 2020 3:37 AM
Dec 2015
I get kinda feel angsty at first, but then I just think every one has thier own prefence and expectations..

Hating people seems very strong of reaction, who just hate my favourite anime..

I also recommend anime usually with disclaimer, or add 'May like'
Jul 7, 2020 3:38 AM
Jan 2020
I don't hate them, I just like looking down on them. I can respect their opinion, but that won't stop me from thinking their tastes are inferior to mine.
MisterLokiJul 7, 2020 4:02 AM
Daft Punk is love, Daft Punk is life

Jul 7, 2020 3:55 AM
Jul 2018
I’d probably hate someone more for being extremely judgemental about the anime I dislike or like over not liking my favorites. Though hate is a strong word; if someone is going to insult anyone; that’s usually my line from respect different opinions to hate
Oct 29, 2020 1:25 PM

May 2014
My current fave is My Hero Academia but my OG is Neon Genesis Evangelion.

I don't care about hate for either, though NGE gets a lot more hate than BNHA lol.

Now I would care if the person in question legitimately got offended or upset that I like them. It's not that deep chill
Oct 29, 2020 2:22 PM
Jul 2020
No, I just pity their subjective opinion of their favorite Chinese cartoons.
Oct 29, 2020 2:33 PM

Jun 2020
Lmao you won't catch me chitchattin' with a dumbass hating on One Piece
This anime shit is addictive
Oct 29, 2020 3:05 PM

Jul 2020
No, like the good boy Zlyiond said, I merely pity them.

バンの一味
Oct 29, 2020 3:07 PM
Jul 2018
of course not. its their opinion and theyre allowed to have one, i respect that. but when they attack me for liking it then maybe it goes a different way :)
Oct 29, 2020 3:07 PM

Jul 2020
I don't hate anyone for having a different opinion than me. It's their loss for not being able to enjoy something I think is really good.
Feb 18, 2021 6:41 AM

Sep 2020
yes,but it's only for AoT and monogatari series,to make things even worse,im a bias that would say this

Feb 19, 2021 5:17 PM

Jun 2008
Not at all. Someone could rate LotGH or Zeta Gundam a 1/10 and I would still talk anime with them whenever.
Feb 19, 2021 7:09 PM

Mar 2019
Nope. I mean, people have various opinions.

I play BanG Dream! Girls Band Party

Garupa EN ID: 10759829
Garupa JP ID: 36753163
Feb 20, 2021 1:53 AM

Oct 2017
Sure I hate them, I'm also 5 years old and like to fight people for stupid reasons.....
Feb 20, 2021 2:02 AM

Feb 2021
Why would I hate someone just because of a c a r t o o n?
Everyone is entitled to their opinion and it's ok to hate something. Everyone is different after all.
Of course, they shouldn't constantly shit on it knowing I like that anime. That would be a dick move. But if they just didn't like it, what's wrong with that?
So no, I don't hate people for having a different opinion.

⸢ if you meet your god,
tell him to leave me alone. ⸥

ベルセルク
Feb 20, 2021 2:04 AM

Apr 2017
I see no point hating someone for hating an anime I greatly enjoyed. Enjoyment is subjective. If they try to objectively deny the quality of story or characters, then we will have a debate, but only until I figure out whether they are blindly arguing by emotions or if I can have a constructive talk with them. If I can't have the latter, I will stop talking about the subject and change the topic to something else.

Does this mean they are a horrible person? No. Not at all. Everyone have their own personal experiences that might make them more inclined or averse to some stuff.
There's no inherent right or wrong in this universe, but when we think with emotions rather than logic, we make things so.
Feb 20, 2021 2:08 AM
Jan 2019
Depends on the person. If it´s one of my friends, there´s nothing I can do, except teasing them forever about my fav anime. But if it´s some stranger on the internet, I´ll just pay no attention to them. Hate is just foolish and a waste of energy imo
Feb 20, 2021 2:10 AM
Jan 2021
No i don't hate someone who hates my favorite anime it is frustrating when someone doesn't like your favorite anime
but it's there opinion
Feb 20, 2021 2:12 AM
Jul 2018
why should i hate them? People can have different opinions.
Feb 20, 2021 2:54 AM

Jan 2020
No, Because only REAL ANIME FANS watch Detective Conan
I don't speak English that much, so please cut me some slack
Feb 20, 2021 2:59 AM

Mar 2019
Well...I hate theirs, they hate mine. Just never talk about it.

No it's fine...everyone should have their own opinion about what they like or not
Feb 20, 2021 3:02 AM
Aug 2020
No I don't that's their opinion but if they go too far I tell them to shut up and go home or their corpse would be my responsibility
Feb 20, 2021 3:03 AM

Jul 2020
I guess everyone have gotten at this phase that you start disliking someone who hates your favorite anime.
Demon slayer and My hero academia are one of my favorite battle shonen and at that time when I was just getting into anime I didn't see at all why someone would hate these shows and I was getting angry at them but after I watched a couple more anime I can see the flaws those anime had.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Feb 20, 2021 3:14 AM

Feb 2020
I never met someone who hated Major, but if i do i would probably open the asshole's torso with my bare teeth.
Feb 21, 2021 7:17 PM
Feb 2021
Do you hate people that like Burger king before McDonald?
Feb 21, 2021 7:40 PM

Nov 2017
Nah, I have friends that hate anime but I'm not going to hate on them cause of it
"he has it big as a cactus
but he won't let go of my head
and I puke on his cock bitch" - Boy by Fishball 
Feb 21, 2021 7:46 PM
Grave of Flowers

Dec 2012
That's kind of why blocking and putting people on ignored users exist in the first place
┍━━━━»•» «•«━━━━┑

🎖️ mal badges
🏠 blog navigation
🏆 graph badges

┕━━━━»•» ☠️ «•«━━━━┙
Pages (10) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 »

More topics from this board

» What anime brought you to watch more anime? :)

Rinrinka - 2 minutes ago

0 by Rinrinka »»
2 minutes ago

» what is battle shonen?

deg - 4 hours ago

15 by TRC_Randy »»
3 minutes ago

» Underrated character designs/outfits you think are appealing / sexy

IpreferEcchi - 1 hour ago

4 by LightWorker »»
10 minutes ago

Poll: » Which is your favourite Anime in this list?

PushedCaraway - Yesterday

43 by TRC_Randy »»
11 minutes ago

» Anime adaptation wish list

kuroneko99 - Apr 5

32 by nishant0 »»
14 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.