Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 21, 2018 11:24 AM

Oct 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So... did this episode made sense or was necessary?

No but it's still one of my favorite in this season.

Some really neat action, fun details and surprisingly tender moment for Traum at the end.

And both Kaoru and Michiru were shown, not much to do but it was nice to see them.
Oct 22, 2018 1:52 PM

Apr 2013
Okay.
So.
I don't know what to say. I have no words.
It was amazing.
The quality was sometimes derpy even though it had amazing sakuga, but, oh my god.
It was amazing.

I think I totally lost it at the Precure Jump with the cloud thing, but I screamed when I saw Michiru and Kaoru.

50+ precures in one episode. So yeah. Was it unnecessary ? Yes. Was it fanservice? Hell yes. Did I like it?

I think I've never loved an episode more.

It got me all hyped up again in the whole series. Well, it's not like I was not hyped anymore, but really I wanna watch it all again.

Wow.

Also, it's very funny how it can be seen that they could not afford all of the seiyuus for one episode haha
Oct 22, 2018 3:53 PM
Apr 2017
It's just awesome every week!
Oct 24, 2018 5:41 AM

Jul 2015
The first half of the episode was the same feeling of "I don't know who they are yet and I don't want to spoil myself on their skills q_q" I had in the previous episode, but holy damn, once the Princess Precure transformation song played I lost it, seeing best girl Cure Flora getting so much love made me immensely happy, and the animation was sooo good! I loved it.

I really need to rewatch those episodes once I eventually watch all the franchise, the feeling that the fans of the series had seeing the Precures from other series here was something I could totally relate to with the few I watched so far, until then, thanks Dr. Traum for making it happen!
Oct 24, 2018 7:06 AM

Jul 2015
Honestly i wasn't that touched by the episode due to not having seen that many precure seasons at this time, i'm planning to though
SUPER CUTIE SUPER STAR
Oct 27, 2018 12:32 AM

Sep 2008
I watched ep36 with a grin on my face. I was happy to see kirakira back.
But this damn episode was the best thing I've seen since the redline pilot.
"yawn they'll use this I hear everyone's voices trope to get rid-"
"HAHA NVM CURE FLORA DESTROYED THE BARRIER"
"man they totally ran out of budget after the cure melody segment"
Little did I know that the real sakuga hasn't even started yet.
A minute later this show blew my mind. The only thing that could've made it better is a human shaped enemy. Round objects are kinda easy on the animators, but I'm not complaining. If it was necessary to pull off this level of crazy animation I'm all for it.
馬鹿げた倫理 全部ガラクタで
Oct 31, 2018 7:45 AM

Oct 2007
I like when Cure Blossom and Cure Flora purify the sorewatase.

The yellow cures being chased by the Oshimaeda army.

Cure Dream attacking Dr. Traum with shooting star.

Kirakira is unwatchable for me in their own show. But I will watch them here, their ability to tie up enemies is good for supporting the other cures.

And so many other things that happened. 36 and 37 feels like a short movie split into two episodes. :)
Nov 12, 2018 7:50 PM

Nov 2011
I was wrong. That sakuga was phenomenal when it hit, roughly what I would expect from an actual All Stars film. I enjoyed that. (I’ll never get tired of seeing Cure Black and White kick butt, too.)

Still, even if I had seen every Precure and could’ve gotten full mileage out of the fanservice, it just feels a bit unfair to have Hugtto!’s story hijacked so badly. I’d like to see this season’s Cures rise up and defeat the antagonists in their own right. This episode was an ending level crisis, so even if the show wanted to top it it would have to get pretty over the top.

Eh. I don’t know. Call me a purist or a spoilsport, but I really would prefer to keep the individual Cure shows separate from the crossover films if this is how it’s going to end up. Even with the phenomenal sakuga and super cool battle, I can’t help but feel like it undercut a lot of the show’s buildup and theming.

It just really bums me because this was well on the way to becoming my #2 favorite Precure season. I don’t know how the show will recover suspension of disbelief.

I really don’t like being a downer on what was a really cool setup— in isolation— but it is what it is I guess. Hopefully my prediction is wrong.
Nov 18, 2018 1:41 PM

Oct 2007
Chokko said:
Okay.
So.
I don't know what to say. I have no words.
It was amazing.
The quality was sometimes derpy even though it had amazing sakuga, but, oh my god.
It was amazing.

I think I totally lost it at the Precure Jump with the cloud thing, but I screamed when I saw Michiru and Kaoru.

50+ precures in one episode. So yeah. Was it unnecessary ? Yes. Was it fanservice? Hell yes. Did I like it?

I think I've never loved an episode more.

It got me all hyped up again in the whole series. Well, it's not like I was not hyped anymore, but really I wanna watch it all again.

Wow.

Also, it's very funny how it can be seen that they could not afford all of the seiyuus for one episode haha

Michiru and Kaoru were there? You have fast eyes. I did not see them, need to rewatch .

Yeah, probably not enough funds to pay all the seiyuu. Cure Sword did not even get to speak, but I'm still glad they showed her again.
Nov 22, 2018 4:33 AM

Apr 2013
Liddo-kun said:

Michiru and Kaoru were there? You have fast eyes. I did not see them, need to rewatch .

https://youtu.be/m0XPYZAgCk0?t=47

Right here !
Nov 22, 2018 6:07 AM

May 2018
Um wow. I was grinning ear to ear the entire damn time while watching this episode. I love all the shout outs (the way Black and White fend off Dr Traum's tentacles is copied from Max Heart's opening), seeing the past monsters, seeing all the cures working together, hell, the final attack has Michiru, Kaoru, Regina, and Julio joining in! I really really enjoyed this ep.
This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.
Nov 22, 2018 6:31 AM

Oct 2007
Chokko said:
Liddo-kun said:

https://youtu.be/m0XPYZAgCk0?t=47

Right here !

Thanks. Nice, they were really there.
Nov 22, 2018 6:32 AM

Oct 2007
Nemesis_Ranka said:
Um wow. I was grinning ear to ear the entire damn time while watching this episode. I love all the shout outs (the way Black and White fend off Dr Traum's tentacles is copied from Max Heart's opening), seeing the past monsters, seeing all the cures working together, hell, the final attack has Michiru, Kaoru, Regina, and Julio joining in! I really really enjoyed this ep.

Same here. It feels like watching a movie.

I wonder if they hired the guy who directs their movies to be a director of this episode?
Dec 1, 2018 7:56 PM

May 2016
Smile Precure is my favorite series of the franchise so it's always sad they don't take much part, I loved the episode but at the end I hated that they show me just Kira Kira Precure, the pink squad and Futari wa Precure a shame but I guess is normal.
Jan 26, 2019 2:06 PM

Mar 2013
Oh man what a way to celebrate the precure 15th anniversary. Honestly these two episodes felt more like a movie than actual episodes (or special), although at the same time this would have been a good final episode. There were so many nods to the old series from enemies to side characters to even interactions (if you've seen the movies). I honestly feel like they could have gotten away with another episode to add just a bit more interactions or introductions to some of the precure's that didn't get that much spotlight.

Can I just say that whole fight sequence was amazing I loved everything about it, even some of the reused animations I was ok with. I especially loved the team ups you had the shield users, the cowards, the cool ones, music users, flower power so many good team ups! These guest star episodes have made hugtto precure into my top 3 which is funny because prior to this it was in my top 10 and now it's in my top 3 (with gopri still being number 1).

The only negative thing I have to say is this hurts my head trying to figure out where everything fits time wise. Then again my head has been hurting trying to make sense of this since the end of mahou.
Feb 16, 2019 6:08 AM

Nov 2012
Even as someone who's seen every precure I didn't really like these two crossover episodes. I found the first episode boring and this was was basically carried by the sakuga.

It was pretty neat to see every precure in one episode but it felt just like a forced advertisement to me. Which it probably was considering the Hugtto x Futari 15th anniversary movie premiered 6 days after this episode.

Wish they had done something else with these episodes instead of forcing a totally not All Stars crossover movie into the series,1. cause the crossover movies are generally bad and 2. cause if the conclusion in the last quarter feels rushed here two perfectly good episodes they could've used that they wasted instead.
Mar 2, 2019 11:55 AM
Jun 2013
As a Warhammer 40K player, I really loved the "drop pod assault" by the rest of the Precure teams into the mist of the oshimaida horde. Totally loved it and these 2 episodes.... and they still had this series' All Star Movie as well? :)
May 27, 2019 10:52 AM
Jul 2018
I was not expecting this....at all. I loved every bit of it.
Aug 24, 2019 9:06 AM

Jul 2010
Not my favorite episode, mostly since I have only seen Go Princess before going into Hugtto, crossover eps are kinda a give and take. Glad it wasn't too dragged out tho and we back to normal next episode.
Oct 17, 2019 7:04 PM

Jul 2013
lfhoule said:
As a Warhammer 40K player, I really loved the "drop pod assault" by the rest of the Precure teams into the mist of the oshimaida horde. Totally loved it and these 2 episodes.... and they still had this series' All Star Movie as well? :)
shock troop precures has a nice implication c:
Just an anime fan, doing what an anime fan does
Oct 28, 2019 9:47 AM

Apr 2009

team "femme fatal" of precure, lol

also; holy shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii-
I like to comment Episodes as i Watch them.
Nov 27, 2019 7:10 AM

Sep 2017
seeing julio/pikario again warmed my heart ;w;
he really should have become a precure...
Mar 16, 2020 11:37 AM

Dec 2008
So we had certain cures remembering each other kind of implying along with their non-ageing these maybe aren't the characters from previous series but dolls who exist just for crossovers.

There were a lot of cool action scenes at least, but overall I'm just glad it's done so we can get back to the actual series. I liked the scene at the end with the flashback.
Sep 14, 2020 3:27 PM

May 2016
This was the most epic thing ever if you have watched all the seasons
Dec 4, 2022 10:51 PM

Feb 2013
what a way to celebrate the 15th anniversary. A giant mess, basically, but an enjoyable mess
<-click
May 24, 2023 2:11 AM
Oct 2021
I do wish we got more Marine, but this will suffice-

[img]

Edit: no idea why it isn’t working
AtsunomeMay 24, 2023 2:17 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hug tto! Precure Episode 1 Discussion

ichii_1 - Feb 3, 2018

42 by NG_Chloe »»
Jan 29, 6:12 AM

Poll: » Hug tto! Precure Episode 49 Discussion

Dalek-baka - Jan 27, 2019

34 by Fuwa_san »»
Sep 28, 2023 12:09 AM

Poll: » Hug tto! Precure Episode 36 Discussion

silverwalls - Oct 14, 2018

14 by Atsunome »»
May 24, 2023 1:07 AM

Poll: » Hug tto! Precure Episode 13 Discussion

minimiau - Apr 28, 2018

14 by CMYK »»
Apr 5, 2023 5:13 PM

Poll: » Hug tto! Precure Episode 11 Discussion

PoppyBloomP - Apr 14, 2018

18 by CMYK »»
Jan 31, 2023 9:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.