Forum Settings
Forums

What anime has the worst "FANBASE" In existence?

New
Sep 18, 2018 2:06 PM
Jul 2018
After i saw "GOKU IS SO STRONG, THAT LITERALLY CAN CREATE A GALAXY AND BEAT EVERYONE ELSE" , i knew that there was no other thing to add!!!

DB fanbase is the worst. The anime is cool i'd say!!
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 18, 2018 2:07 PM

Jan 2013
DB fanbase is cool, and almost non existent on MAL. I mean, any fanbase has cancerous people but I'd say One Piece's fanbase is pretty damn annoying as they consider it to be perfect and superior to any other shounen.
Oh and Gintama's also.
Sep 18, 2018 2:10 PM

Sep 2018
The Black Butler fandom is disgusting and full of fujoshis who seriously believe that pedophilia is okay as long as the rapist is handsome.

Sep 18, 2018 2:11 PM

Dec 2016
They may be too passionate but honestly the DB fanbase is one of the most chill ones out there. They don't go everywhere telling that DB is the best anime ever and everything else is shit unlike others.
Sep 18, 2018 2:11 PM

Nov 2016
FranXXs fanbase. Do I even need to explain why?
Sep 18, 2018 2:13 PM
Jul 2018
Pixel_Vapour said:

No need to.. after watching fans threating the author just that Ichigo(kissed the MC, i think) is enough to say that the fanbase is awful
Sep 18, 2018 2:14 PM
Jul 2018
fuyuki said:
Dunno which is the worst one, but the sports anime fanbase is the one I dislike the most in general.

And overrated i'd say. People are praising them asf nowdays
Sep 18, 2018 2:17 PM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
All of the ones that aren't comprised primarily of ecchifags.

One day, we shall rule you all. All hail the glorious superior fandom. You people childishly gawk at Lain and Legend of the Galactic Heroes and critical acclaim, when in reality, they are but mere peons. We are the true elite. We are the supreme beings; the all-knowing, the all mighty.

Bow before your masters.

Sep 18, 2018 2:21 PM
Jul 2018
Klad said:
DB fanbase is cool, and almost non existent on MAL. I mean, any fanbase has cancerous people but I'd say One Piece's fanbase is pretty damn annoying as they consider it to be perfect and superior to any other shounen.
Oh and Gintama's also.

As a fan of one piece this is sad and also i have to agree with you. OP Isn't the best shonen but is one of the best for sure, even it's quite hard to know the best shonen (yet?).
Sep 18, 2018 2:22 PM
Jul 2018
Pretty much all fanbases are annoying.
Sep 18, 2018 2:22 PM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
Phosphophilite said:
Love Live fans.
In Japan, they beat people who follow other idol franchise in street.

That is a bad thing?

I, for one, view it with respect. They are seeking to conquer, to control, to subdue. They will drive their enemies before them and hear the lamentation of their aidoru.

An honorable tribe. Noble warriors of the highest caliber.

Sep 18, 2018 2:24 PM

Sep 2017
Evangelion fanboys are pretty annoying
Sep 18, 2018 2:31 PM

Jun 2016
Idk about worst but i cant support the bnha and jojo ones. You literaly cant saying anything bad about those anime that they'll throw hate at you lmao, even though i am aware this happens with a lot of a lot other fanbases too..
Sep 18, 2018 2:34 PM

Jun 2015

OP you should have just searched in the forums a bit and I'm pretty sure you could have found the answer pretty fast. Btw if you say that the DB community is the worst why is your thread set as a question ? Not that disagree though.

EDIT : https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1737112
Great I got baited
AgamenonSep 18, 2018 2:38 PM

Sep 18, 2018 2:36 PM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
Phosphophilite said:
Lisbon said:

That is a bad thing?

I, for one, view it with respect. They are seeking to conquer, to control, to subdue. They will drive their enemies before them and hear the lamentation of their aidoru.

An honorable tribe. Noble warriors of the highest caliber.

Oh, so should I fight them back as an honorable tribesman of holy im@s?

Of course. Unleash the fire and fury of hell itself upon all of those that oppose you.

And I saw in his hand a book, sealed with seven seals, the first of which was broken...and behold a white horse! And he who sat upon him had a bow, and he went forth to conquer!

The air was filled with smoke and blood.

Also ye im@s > love live tbh

ManabanSep 18, 2018 2:40 PM

Sep 18, 2018 2:37 PM

Jul 2017
most anime fanbases are annoying if you are viewing them with a normal person's standard

all those fans who do things physically to express their unsatisfaction and disagreement with the author (death threats, beating other people up, burning things in public) have problems
Sep 18, 2018 2:58 PM

May 2018
KotziForever said:
The Black Butler fandom is disgusting and full of fujoshis who seriously believe that pedophilia is okay as long as the rapist is handsome.

yes lmao
i can hear every teenage girl scream as they read this

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 愛してる *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Sep 18, 2018 3:02 PM

Jul 2013
Quoting my post from the other worst fanbase thread:

Illyricus said:
Every single one of them. Only exceptions would be some obscure animes that only a few knows about.

But the worst of the worst is without any doubt the fanbase of Mayoiga.
Sep 18, 2018 3:18 PM

Nov 2016
It would probably be the fanbase of the show you think is the most overrated. For me it's my hero academia. It consider it to be above average as a battle shounen and that's ignoring the shitty high school anime aspect to it. But, the way people talk about it vexes me. Stain was a good villain, no where near the best the genre has to offer. Same goes for the tournament arc, some of the fights and a few of the characters. People can like whatever they want I have no problem with that but when they claim it to be the best battle shounen ever created I just know they have glanced at over at Togashi , and when they do they'll shut up truly. I sound bare butt hurt and that's cuz I am. Fuck hero aca. It's fine, not Hunter x Hunter level, not a masterpiece.
Sep 18, 2018 3:39 PM

Oct 2014
The NGE enthusiasts. Some very serious /r/iamverysmart types.
Sep 18, 2018 3:51 PM

Aug 2016
Frroku said:
Pixel_Vapour said:

No need to.. after watching fans threating the author just that Ichigo(kissed the MC, i think) is enough to say that the fanbase is awful

Just a bit of information as to why they threatened the author (spoiler for the story of course):
Sep 18, 2018 4:51 PM

Jun 2016
MHA fanbase no explanation needed.
Sep 18, 2018 5:02 PM

Apr 2018
I have only bad experiences with Fate fanbase. Just because I posted a comment that I don't like fate as franchises but enjoyed fate 2006 on facebook, many fate fans came at me tried to prove how I was wrong and insult me. I said to one of them that he might be just blinded by his fanaticism and then he blocked me and reported my name because I used to use "Anime" as a part of my name on facebook.
_Mataga_Sep 18, 2018 5:05 PM
Sep 18, 2018 5:11 PM

Sep 2014
I dont like what the jojo fandom became.

Its like they are forcing to be cringy and autistic.

Smoke Weed Everyday
Sep 18, 2018 5:14 PM

Dec 2017
The Megumin fanbase. They should just drop dead.
Sep 18, 2018 5:16 PM

Dec 2017
Dark_Lord9 said:

OP you should have just searched in the forums a bit and I'm pretty sure you could have found the answer pretty fast. Btw if you say that the DB community is the worst why is your thread set as a question ? Not that disagree though.

EDIT : https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1737112
Great I got baited

WTF lol. It hasn't even been a month since that post...
Sep 18, 2018 6:52 PM

Oct 2015
HxH fanbase,
they have
the fanbase is pretty damn annoying as they consider it to be perfect and superior to any other shounen.
like ok yea chimera ant is better, but no it's not unique, in any way nor is it the best fcking literature piece in manga , pick up other fcking manga god

and then they also have the people who unironically thought gon's transformation was the coolest shit and just saw that fight as nothing but gon beating up a baddie

almost no one, hating on the aboslute worst plot device alluka that ruined the series and that arc in general reviving 2 characters
when the HxH fanbase is more than happy to fcking jump on the badnwagon to hate any shounen for dare reviving any character or not "killing" of their charaacters like HxH
news flash, in terms of named important characters dying, Naruto and Bleach prob had more than HxH at that point of 200+ chapters
and the dragon balls will forever be a better way to revive someone than alluka will ever be

also killua fags, just man
no amt of convincing will convince me he deserves to be the most popular hxh by a landslide and worth top 15 on mal, at all
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
Sep 19, 2018 12:28 AM

Apr 2016
I haven't seen any especially bad anime fandoms, as for the most part they all tend to lie on a sliding scale of "barely nonexistant fandom" with occasional inquires about the show or trivia, to people critiquing story beats or animation, or at worst, powerlevel debates (my favorite is better than your favorite) and shipping wars.

However, there is one particular type of fandom that I absolute detest: elitism.

Golden_Scarlett said:
HxH fanbase,
they have
the fanbase is pretty damn annoying as they consider it to be perfect and superior to any other shounen.
like ok yea chimera ant is better, but no it's not unique, in any way nor is it the best fcking literature piece in manga , pick up other fcking manga god

and then they also have the people who unironically thought gon's transformation was the coolest shit and just saw that fight as nothing but gon beating up a baddie

almost no one, hating on the aboslute worst plot device alluka that ruined the series and that arc in general reviving 2 characters
when the HxH fanbase is more than happy to fcking jump on the badnwagon to hate any shounen for dare reviving any character or not "killing" of their charaacters like HxH
news flash, in terms of named important characters dying, Naruto and Bleach prob had more than HxH at that point of 200+ chapters
and the dragon balls will forever be a better way to revive someone than alluka will ever be

no amt of convincing will convince me he deserves to be the most popular hxh by a landslide and worth top 15 on mal, at all

Absolutely this.

I think HxH is a very good show, but nothing irks me more than the pretentious fans who hype it up as revolutionary and the best thing since sliced bread. No folks, it's not "a deconstruction of the shounen formula" with it's liberal amounts of killing, edgy transformation scene, or antagonists slightly more interesting than the average villain in that don't just want to take over or end the world. The so called "in-depth" Nen system is quickly forgotten by powers that are utterly unexplainable by Nen anyways, making it not much different from Chakra anyways. The show was entertaining until the Greed Island arc, at which point it became fine, and then horribly dragged for sixty episodes during the Chimera Ant arc, with only a few memorable moments during the last portion of the series. Yes guys, it's very fun and all, but stop touting it as the end-all-be-all of anime.
Sep 19, 2018 1:00 AM

Jul 2013
Golden_Scarlett said:
HxH fanbase,
they have

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Hunter x Hunter. The battles are extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the fights will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Gon's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these battles, to realise that they're not just thrilling- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Hunter x Hunter truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Hisoka's existential orgasms, which themselves are a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Yoshihiro Togashi's genius wit unfolds itself on their computer screens. What fools.. how I pity them. 😂

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Killua tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid 😎

Edit:
Shiza-sennin said:
Illyricus said:
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Hunter x Hunter. The battles are extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the fights will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Gon's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these battles, to realise that they're not just thrilling- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Hunter x Hunter truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Hisoka's existential orgasms, which themselves are a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Yoshihiro Togashi's genius wit unfolds itself on their computer screens. What fools.. how I pity them. 😂

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Killua tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid 😎

HxH is an absolute steaming pile of shit, I don't know what the fuck you are on, Illy. Togashi is one of the biggest blueballers in existence, considering every arc has an unsatisfying conclusion and the fact he can't even release ten chapters (of a shitty arc mind you) before going on another hiatus. Fanboys still find a way to kiss his ass and think he's writing some revolutionary shit, when he's just being edgy with tone shifts to look cool.
Cannot argue about that, tbh. Hack writing has what it deserves.

Nice forum set, btw. I rate it subarashii/10.
IllyricusSep 19, 2018 2:28 AM
Sep 19, 2018 1:08 AM

Feb 2017
I don't really know which fanbase is the worst, I guess they can all be bad once they grow pass the certain point. I personally had the worst expiriences with bnha fanbase.
Sep 19, 2018 1:16 AM

Jul 2015
The Fate fans finally crawled back to their caves, so the animu fanbases are fine in my book these days, hehehehehe.
Watching them insult each other over their underage waifu was tedious af T____T

Nithirel said:

justcaolan said:

Hey, hello there (^: Do you really think I'm that smart? <3
Sep 19, 2018 1:32 AM

Oct 2015
Illyricus said:
Golden_Scarlett said:
HxH fanbase,
they have

where in the fcking F did you get this jesus
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
Sep 19, 2018 1:46 AM
Sep 2016
It just doesn't get worse than My Hero Academia....oh God
110% cancer
1.1.Six
Sep 19, 2018 1:47 AM
Sep 2016
Jojo's also is super toxic and annoying tbh
(but Hero academia's on another level...plus ultra? lol)
1.1.Six
Sep 19, 2018 1:47 AM

Jan 2011
Is this where I complain about any show I don't like having fans?
Sep 19, 2018 1:57 AM
Feb 2018
Boku no Hero academia. That shouldn't even be a question lmao
Sep 19, 2018 2:07 AM

Nov 2017
Attack on Titan full of idiots who don't know shit about anime and think it's the best shit ever when in reality it's just bad.
Sep 19, 2018 2:17 AM

Mar 2018
BNHA fanbase. Not the worst but they just annoy me.
I like the show but fans of it hype every episode so much that it ruins the anime for me. Like they hyped a swimming episode (season 3 ep 1) so much as if that was the best episode ever. That I can still tolerate since they're just exited and I can ignore that and mind my own. But what annoys me the most is that people saying it's the best shounen ever and better than the big 3.
Sep 19, 2018 2:21 AM

Nov 2015
Illyricus said:
Golden_Scarlett said:
HxH fanbase,
they have

HxH is an absolute steaming pile of shit, I don't know what the fuck you are on, Illy. Togashi is one of the biggest blueballers in existence, considering every arc has an unsatisfying conclusion and the fact he can't even release ten chapters (of a shitty arc mind you) before going on another hiatus. Fanboys still find a way to kiss his ass and think he's writing some revolutionary shit, when he's just being edgy with tone shifts to look cool.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 19, 2018 2:27 AM

Jul 2013
Btw, those who mentioned Boku no Hero Academia, remember this exists:
https://archiveofourown.org/works/15699411 (NSFW, btw)

Sep 19, 2018 2:29 AM

Mar 2018
As far as I can tell - all of them or Anime in general. I have been part of several fandoms. Some of them were really wonderful and a lot of fun and I made some really great friends (Harry Potter, SG-1 etc) but Anime...it feels lonely. So many people there but very little real interaction and also a lot of intentionally hurtful or mean comments and close to zero honest to goodness discussions. Quite frankly I blame internet 2.0 but it is still sad to see what nowadays is considered to be a "fandom discussion".
Sep 19, 2018 2:58 AM
Jul 2018
KotziForever said:

i don't belong in the fandom but i knew people who did and they weren't like that
Sep 19, 2018 5:00 AM

Jul 2017
Pretty much every shounen fans really.
Sep 19, 2018 5:26 AM

Feb 2016
Clebardman said:

Nithirel said:

justcaolan said:

Hey, hello there (^: Do you really think I'm that smart? <3

We have double points for liking Evangelion AND Utena. It's hard being that smart
Sep 19, 2018 5:52 AM

Apr 2014
none, if you dont fit in with a fandom then dont go venturing to where they would be active in. sure some threads make it to AD but not on the scale that is actually recognizable (except the sao sucks-dom)
Sep 19, 2018 6:10 AM
Apr 2016
The big three fanbase! Juat because a particular thing is popular doesnt mean its perfect
Sep 19, 2018 6:10 AM
Jul 2018
Fanbases in general attract many weird people. That's their place to act on their obsessive behavior. So, I don't think that the worst of them really love their fanbase in normal ways. They just found a place, which catalyzes their obsessive behavior.

Also, all of the /iamtoosmart-people equally. Ofc literally attacking other people is way worse, but there is nothing more draining than people being pretentious.
Sep 19, 2018 6:15 AM

Aug 2015
Black Clover fans.
They are a bunch of preachy fools who keep saying that they show/manga when it's actually isn't plus whenever someone criticise Black Clover they just send death threats left and right to people who shit on the series
Sep 19, 2018 6:19 AM

Sep 2013
to me is not about a fandom itself but the kind of fan that treats the show like a religion and can't take critisism in any way. Unfortunaly the fandom which I had most problem with was nge fandom and monogatari fandom. waifu wars is just sad.
Sep 19, 2018 6:20 AM
May 2018
bnha fanbase is pretty toxic and cancer
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Do you see there being another Ecchi Anime as critically acclaimed as Mushoku Tensei in the future?

Dragevard - 11 minutes ago

2 by tchitchouan »»
52 seconds ago

Sticky: » The 'Help Identifying This Anime/Character' Thread (v10) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Dec 21, 2020

7184 by machy871 »»
1 minute ago

» Genre/theme you’re not interested in ?

Yonahim_Zz - 2 hours ago

8 by animejas »»
8 minutes ago

» What anime deserve continuations

Idk5008 - 6 hours ago

26 by armob »»
14 minutes ago

» Can you distinguish reality from fiction?

tappioca - May 5

28 by Lhundrup »»
21 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.