Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 31, 2008 5:32 PM

May 2007
Nice ending. Despite its episodic nature, I found most of them to be touching. 9/10 from me.
Mar 31, 2008 6:02 PM

Jan 2008
Siing said:
maxcherry715 said:
An alright ending to this arc, but am I the only who was curious to why there are Shigofumi carriers (in that case Shigofumi) in the first place? Why are there laws regarding it, why did she become, what was the point of Chiaki's meddling, how do you become a Shigofumi carrier? None of these are answered or even thought about. That kind of pissed me off.

Really? Because I specifically remember the answers to all those questions (except for why there are Shigofumi's and the laws regarding it) appearing in the show.

All right, then let me rephrase. They answered why Mika became a Shigofumi carrier, her motives for it, but that doesn't explain how and why she was able to become one. Also, my question on Chiaki's meddling does not refer to why she would want because thats obvious, but what it did. Was Mika able to appear because she helped, did I miss that (if thats the case then I must rewatch), or was she just trying to find a way and then didn't need to do it in the end. And my questions about Shigofumi carriers in general still stand.
Mar 31, 2008 7:53 PM
Feb 2008
very suprised and happy with the ending
Mar 31, 2008 11:16 PM

Oct 2007
The ending was not tottally solid for me. As others have stated, there were a few unresolved things going on, and some of it seemed kind of rushed unless there will be a season two. All, in all, I liked the series though!
Apr 1, 2008 7:03 AM

Sep 2007
Pretty mediocre ending.. I think a sad ending would have fit in better. I had many teary moments throughout the show but not a single sniff during the last episode.. pretty lame in my eyes..
The whole series was really nice though..
8/10

Apr 2, 2008 11:26 AM

Feb 2008
Dj_Frog said:
Dislike the ending, i thought i am gonna see some tragedies ( at least to get season 2 going) but... sigh, Overall 9/10 ---> 8/10 for not the best ending.

Same here!

When Mika and Fumika suddenly started to cry it felt somehow odd and unintentionally funny for me. ;)

But overall a great and unique series. Especially episode 10 had such an emotional impact, that I have to give it above 8. For a 10 the end is a bit too disappointing. So:

9/10 --> Must Buy!
Apr 2, 2008 11:49 AM

Jul 2007
FTGT said:
When Mika and Fumika suddenly started to cry it felt somehow odd and unintentionally funny for me. ;)

It seemed pretty intentional to me.... XD
Apr 4, 2008 5:45 PM
Feb 2008
Great start to the series but this episode was the lowest point, completely missing the mark. Fumika's story didn't need telling. I was far more interested in the supporting cast from the start. Disappointment.

Apr 4, 2008 6:22 PM

Jul 2007
i liked the ending
so happy that they both
lived
Apr 5, 2008 8:16 PM

Nov 2007
I don't really like this ending. Overall this series was great though... 9/10. =D
Apr 6, 2008 12:37 PM

Apr 2008
Amasing episode... Very unexpected ending, but I still liked it :)

10/10 (overall)
Apr 9, 2008 8:41 PM

Aug 2007
Very unexpected ending - I guess I have to rewatch certain scenes to get what just happened - !
Apr 12, 2008 2:39 PM

Nov 2007
Decent ending to a great series. 9/10

Apr 14, 2008 6:50 PM

Nov 2006
Hmm...this should have been at least 22 episodes to properly convey the story of the letter carriers and close the FuMika story in a (in my opinion) non-rushed way.

I would have much rather had more stories on letter delivering, which would reveal facts about the organization, THEN the FuMika conclusion spanned over more episodes. In my opinion, it could have been told better in more than 12 episodes.

8/10, if a second season gets confirmed I'll forgive it and raise it to a 9.
Apr 26, 2008 6:20 PM

Nov 2007
Loved it, want a 2nd season of course. Some things feel left untouched.
Jun 1, 2008 8:23 PM

Jan 2008
i have to agree, it ended quite nicely.
loved the Fumi and Mika arguement.

i'm gonna miss this series.

it's a 9 for me. XD
Jun 10, 2008 3:12 PM
Mar 2008
9/10
Mika <3
Jun 21, 2008 4:12 PM

Jan 2008
This episode just took a massive dump on any goodwill the previous 11 episodes had earned with me. Lousy writing, almost proud in its mediocrity.

Only good thing to come out of this anime was the soundtrack.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Sep 30, 2008 4:47 PM

Oct 2007
this anime ended weird but good.think she deserve from 1 to 10 at least 9.^^
Nov 24, 2008 7:07 PM

Jun 2007
gave it an 8, was originally going to give it a 9, but this whole arc didnt really satisfy me, could have been made better.

thank god for a happy ending :3
mika banzai! fight was moe >w<

Nov 25, 2008 4:43 AM
Oct 2008
Dunno what the heck happened after that gunshot, did she shoot fumika?

Anyway EPISODE 13 IS OUT!!!

gonna watch it soon cause i'm still downloading it.
Nov 25, 2008 4:54 AM

Jul 2008
Dogfather-PuA said:

Episode 13 is out?

I think you're a bit behind the times -_-.
LEGENDOFTHEGALACTICHEROESLEGENDOFTHEGALACTI
Nov 25, 2008 5:41 AM
Oct 2008
Aeiou said:
Dogfather-PuA said:

Episode 13 is out?

I think you're a bit behind the times -_-.

EPISODE 13 IS AN OVA
Jan 2, 2009 9:01 AM
Jan 2009
Loved the ending, it came out pretty decent I'd say.

We get to see her mom (and the cause for Kirameki's sadistic actions towards Fumika, I'd say) and Natsuka got to confess (wonder how it's gonna turn out).

I have mixed feelings about Mika being separated from Fumi in the end but hey, at least Kanaka's not alone. =)
Jan 30, 2009 6:06 AM
Aug 2008
Fishy90 said:
Loved the ending, it came out pretty decent I'd say.

We get to see her mom (and the cause for Kirameki's sadistic actions towards Fumika, I'd say)

One of the reasons is the mom's narcissism.

Three more reasons are:
a) the dad's narcissism (including lack of empathy);
b) the dad's lack of proper cultural boundaries(especially relating to nakedness);
c) the dad's vast wealth, which allowed him to get away with considerably more than murder.

I enjoy animes with those characters, though, because they convince me that while I'm a narcissist, at least I'm not as bad as those people.
Jun 25, 2009 1:55 AM

May 2008
Mika! I loved that argue between Fumi and Mika.
It must've been awful for Fumi to return to school with everyone being like that, seriously, who the hell would stand having people taking pictures and talking about you the first time you go to school for years.
And her mother, what the hell, she was just a sad bitch.
Jun 30, 2009 10:49 PM

Mar 2009
It was good but it did feel a little empty.

Sep 2, 2009 6:49 AM

Jun 2009
I donno what's wrong with me, but somehow... I found this bland anime to be... a masterpiece of some sort...

I still don't really understand why they cried in the end, but deep down, I know that I am either sad/moved/touched... or some sort, I donno. deep down in there, I'm either happy or am crying...

EDIT: Loved the fight between Mika-chan and Fumi-chan, yelling out what they want to live for... ^_^
AirStylesMay 3, 2010 11:27 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 2, 2010 12:50 AM

Aug 2008
I totally loved this, and I have no complaints to make... other than the strong conclusion that a sequel to this would be a must!
I mean, even after having watched the OVA (episode 13), there was not a resolute ending to the plot. So with this open ended resolution, and all the untapped content available to the series, a sequel is quite foreseeable isn't it? :D
GenixJan 2, 2010 12:53 AM
Apr 26, 2010 8:45 PM

Apr 2009
Nice ending, but who exactly was loli-Fumika? I mean I couldn't have been the mother's daughter, so who...?
Apr 28, 2010 6:55 AM

Jun 2009
Loved the ending! ^o^ Heart-warming... Even if dying is so easy to do (a slash on the jugular vein would do), people will always struggle to live rather than to die... That's human nature! Nobody wants to disappear when you haven't done anything yet.. (try making a bucket list, you'll realize you have so much to live for!)

All in all, I rate it as 9/10... I didn't rave about it that much (unlike the other anime I rated as 10)... But I really like the series! And it deserves a praise! ^o^
Jul 27, 2010 8:48 PM

Apr 2009
I enjoyed the series and I love the ending...

8/10 for me..:)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 4, 2011 4:30 AM

Jul 2010
Not a bad show, but not a great show either. I loved the beginning and it slowly lost it's appeal the longer the series went on. I believe the major plot points later in the series lacked a "climactic" feel to them.

Nevertheless, it is still a good series to pick up and watch as it is interesting. 7.5/10.
Will you be able to do.... what must be done?

Mar 22, 2011 11:04 AM

Dec 2008
Faust721 said:
the ending was ok for me. i didn't find it particularly exciting or interesting. and i ddin't feel anything during the confrontation between Fumi and Mika.

Ria said:
I dunno... I really disliked this episode. It was rather boring and ill-paced (wtf was up with Fumika's mother...?), and it didn't deliver the punch (pun intended) I expected it to.

Overall: I loved the beginning episodes, and even a few with the Mika/Fumi storyline. Somewhere along the way, though, the series lost a bit of its magic for me.

Yeah, I feel the same way. I was hoping the ending was going to be a thrilling, interesting conclusion but it felt so bland. And her mother was beautiful on the outside but had an ugly spirit on the inside, but I think that would have been obvious if Fumi's parents divorced as soon as she was born and she didn't take her daughter with her despite her father having screws loose. What a horrible person she was. I felt like her cameo was pointless. She really didn't have an impact other than that she was beautiful but emotionally ugly and selfish.

Also, her father was just... too ditzy and silly for me to take him seriously enough to cause such abuse. He was like an overgrown child and obsessing over his loss of his wife yet narcissistic about his daughter... and I don't think they played him as a dark enough character for me. Yes, yes, I get that he shot Mika back but she recovered so fast that I didn't even get to think, "Wow, what a bastard." I guess what I'm trying to say is that he didn't feel believable enough for me... he didn't feel realistic. Characters like Chiaki, with her lovey-dovey and sad backstory and then brooding over Mika and all definitely did.

windy said:
Hmm...this should have been at least 22 episodes to properly convey the story of the letter carriers and close the FuMika story in a (in my opinion) non-rushed way.

I would have much rather had more stories on letter delivering, which would reveal facts about the organization, THEN the FuMika conclusion spanned over more episodes. In my opinion, it could have been told better in more than 12 episodes.

Also, a lot of my questions kind of feel unanswered. I also think a second season would be good for it, or if they had just expanded it, like you said.

It's a very cool idea, I really liked the whole two personalities thing, I did feel sorry for the two Fumikas for a while but as the story went on I found myself not as connected with them as I hoped I would. Them both crying together was sweet, but I didn't feel for them in that moment. I also liked a lot of the earlier episodes more - the first two and the episode with the kitty, definitely. I kind of feel bad that Fumikas' story kind of fell on the wayside and had a rushed ending. I wanted more from them both. After all, it had been three YEARS since they were able to talk again.

Overall, I guess six or seven out of ten for me, eh... I kind of feel bad, though. I wanted to rate it higher than that.
Aug 18, 2011 1:23 PM

Jan 2011
The ending could have been way better. And the scene with Fumi and Mika was not touching at all, and could have been made more dramatic i guess, to capture the moment. Other than that the series i say is worth watching.
Sep 1, 2011 4:36 AM

Apr 2009
Lanet said:
The ending could have been way better. And the scene with Fumi and Mika was not touching at all, and could have been made more dramatic i guess, to capture the moment. Other than that the series i say is worth watching.

I agree with you there. Umm that's just it. XD
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
May 5, 2012 12:13 AM

Nov 2011
This is undeniably one of my favorite series and very surprised when I first watched it (:
Jul 2, 2012 5:32 PM

Apr 2011
A very solid series that set the bar very high based on the first few episodes. If they maintained that level of tension and drama, this would've been one of the greatest anime of all time. They did a great job of portraying the complex characters of the anime and creating drama without making it melodramatic, but the second half of the series lacked the sense of urgency and insanity of the first half.

8.5/10

A little under a 9/10 level.
Jul 9, 2012 1:02 PM

Jan 2010
This show has a lot of interesting little bits. They're all scattered in chunks, and each chunk could probably make for really interesting stories if they were fleshed out. This show turned out to be a lot more interesting than I thought it would be, but at the same time, they're kinda okay as is.

It was kinda like a buffet, where you can sample small bits of a lot of good food, but each sample by itself wasn't enough to satisfy. All together though, it was interesting.
Jul 31, 2012 10:41 PM
Jul 2018
Wow, this anime was really good. I'm surprised that both of them got to continue to exist. Fumika's parents are truly horrible. I could just tell Fumika was about to snap there. Nice to see Mika actually having more emotions and expressions this episode. All this time she really did want to live. Considering how depressing this show had been so far with suicide and death, it was nice to see a change of theme. 9/10 for the main series. Can't wait to see the OVA.
Aug 3, 2012 9:39 PM

Jul 2011
Be right back. Need to go shoot the mother. She pisses me off like crazy...

Overall a fairly enjoyable series. Ending was meh though.
Dec 23, 2012 7:58 AM

Jan 2012
Poor girl. The daughter of two most egocentric humans alive.

The show was great!^^ 9/10
Jun 20, 2013 10:14 PM

Mar 2012
It was interesting in bits and pieces, but the ending was...meh...I didn't feel any emotion from it that much. But I really felt like the former half of the show was better than the latter half of the show. 7/10

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Oct 9, 2013 2:26 PM
Sep 2009
A bit weak ending... I also didn't like how everyone started to gang up on Fumi like if she did something wrong by finally suing her father for abuse.

And even if Fumi had shot Mika, she had right to it. Technically Mika is not a living person, it is Fumi's other side that she herself created. It is her emotions so she really can do what she wants with them.

I honestly hate this thing about split personalities where characters start to favor "fake" over real. Had same issue in Rosario + Vampire season 2.

Not that I wanted Mika dead but everyone started to treat Fumi like if she was at fault and fake when she was the real victim.
Nov 22, 2013 9:12 AM
May 2013
Fumika's mom is such a whore .
I wanted to see a fusion between Fumi and Mika.
This was a good anime but it could have been better.
May 22, 2014 8:08 AM
Jun 2012
Some stories were very good, some pretty meh, and multiple personality disorder part with ridiculous parents, lots of tears and "shoot me and everything will be fine" was horrible. Got some Kino no Tabi vibe from Fumika when she wasn't in "I need to be punished" mode.

DaItalianFish said:
While the ED was playing, it showed a bunch of different characters we've seen throughout the series. One of the characters had a tagline "Ayase's Murderer"

...who the hell is that? Ayase was the girl in the first two episodes, right? She wasn't murdered...

Second detective, who got so worked up that he shot Ayase on sight. Scene on the roof, rocket launch.
May 27, 2014 3:56 AM

Jan 2009
1. The mother is as bad as the dad, abandoning her like that again.

2. Well, at least both fumika's get to live

3. Just found the 'pressing charges for child abuse' story a bit boring

6/10 overall
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Sep 9, 2014 3:32 AM

Aug 2013
So her dad has a ton of loose screws and her mom is a *expletives here*. I feel so bad for her.

I probably should have felt sorry for Fumi but that wasn't the case. I was laughing so hard when Mika was beating the crap out of her. It's really a good thing they didn't fuse. I'd rather see Mika and want nothing to do with Fumi. This is probably not the intended effect of the show too so I guess I'm just twisted haha.

Shuwa-shuwa is doing well yay!

8/10
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jan 21, 2015 3:26 AM

Jul 2014
It was a great series. I loved the ending.

After watching so many crap lately, then something like this comes is certainly refreshing. it's a 10/10 from me.
Mar 24, 2015 3:36 PM

May 2008
One of those rare shows with a dark theme and a satisfied ending :3

10/10!
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shigofumi Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Sobzob - Feb 9, 2008

100 by Assassin2112 »»
May 14, 7:57 PM

Poll: » Shigofumi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

nodoka-koi - Jan 5, 2008

130 by EtherLux »»
Dec 18, 2023 12:02 PM

Poll: » Shigofumi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

dtshyk - Mar 15, 2008

60 by RawrOMG »»
Dec 10, 2023 1:24 AM

Poll: » Shigofumi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Sobzob - Mar 8, 2008

108 by RawrOMG »»
Dec 9, 2023 3:20 AM

Poll: » Shigofumi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Sobzob - Mar 2, 2008

84 by RawrOMG »»
Dec 4, 2023 10:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.