Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 9, 2018 6:53 AM

Dec 2016
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
TheFreycookNov 3, 2018 2:39 PM
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Aug 9, 2018 7:52 AM

Feb 2017
This anime isn't telling us a lot, is it? I mean, important scenes are like "it could be this or that", you know what I'm talking about. I get it, some topics are tough. But it's Banana Fish's charm, dealing with stuff like this. And I'm not some masochist but if they're taking away pain, it feels empty. Well, modern setting.
Oh, by the way, could Arthur die in the next episode? No? What a pity.
Aug 10, 2018 6:37 AM

Sep 2011
The episode was intense from the start. I loved the kiss, and how Ash truly trusts Eiji, it was the only person he could trust with that errand, but now he's in danger too.

And I'm sure that neither Max nor Ash were expecting to get to know each other like this, what happened back in Iraq certainly took its toll on Max, but he has potential to become a valuable ally so I hope Ash will find it into his heart to forgive him for what happened with his brother, because I think that even now he hasn't forgiven himself.

I hated that awful thing that happened though, I can't even bring myself to write it, but it was revolting to say the least.
Aug 12, 2018 2:13 AM

Jun 2013

I’m still loving the OP song and its visuals.

Max seems like a good guy but he’s right: pretty boys like Ash would be the target of every rapist and pervert. They usually try to subdue the young and good-looking ones.

I feel sorry for Ash. :( He got raped again and who knows how many times by those monsters in prison.

Turns out that Max was the guy from the first episode who shot Griffin after he went insane. I am surprised that Griffin was able to write a coherent letter after getting fucked up by that drug.

That kiss though and that ass smack. No wonder fujoshis love this. Anyway, it was a clever way to pass on his message.

OMG Eiji is too naive, he fucking dropped Dr. Meredith’s name to a stranger! I think he might get raped too :(

臭い-
Aug 16, 2018 8:14 PM

Feb 2010
the rape in this MFin show...

Poor Ash... damn. :(

Sadly, this is very realistic. the prison system in the states is FUCKED.

Excellent show, though.
Aug 19, 2018 8:12 AM

Mar 2013

This was to much for my poor fujoshi heart!
Sep 11, 2018 8:16 AM

Dec 2014
well the Japanese kid is so kind…that kiss came out of nowhere…lol
Sep 11, 2018 3:04 PM

Aug 2017
So, Max shot Griffin. Ash have to hide the drug away. Eiji must do so. Ash's real name is Aslan.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 13, 2018 8:56 PM
Jul 2018
DAT kiss o_O not only Eiji's first kiss stolen but also this mine's first man-to-man kiss scene ever I seen. But this had some role lul, talk about weird.

Plot twists has been great so far with full of suspense and seems there is no room for peace even for Eiji.
Sep 22, 2018 3:06 PM

Dec 2016
I can't believe Eiji's first kiss was stolen like that XDD soo funny!

Eiji's in trouble! Who will save him now? ><"

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Sep 22, 2018 3:09 PM

Dec 2016
_juno said:

This was to much for my poor fujoshi heart!

It was a nice kiss, right? XD It caught me off guard too.

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Sep 28, 2018 7:27 AM

Dec 2015
All those cell phones shortcuts are becoming annoying...

3/5 (interest in the story: 4/5)
Dec 2, 2018 10:24 AM

Jul 2016
It was a nice move from Ash to send a message to the outside. Now, it all depends on Eiji. Too bad he's so naive about what he should say and what not.

I also didn't expect Max to be this... friendly. So, he's a journalist and the person who put Ash's brother in a wheelchair. What an awful coincidence I must say and now Ash promised to kill him once he gets out. Kind of curious to know about how that will end.

P.S.: Eiji, I assume you wanted to mingle with the people from China Town but that selection of clothes... I think they caused the opposite effect.
Dec 17, 2018 8:05 AM

Oct 2017
A guy named Max was given the job to help protect Ash while he’s in prison. Things get a little complicated when Ash finds out Max actually shot his brother, Griffin while in Iraq. Even after all these years, max still blames himself for what happened to Griffin.

I honestly can’t believe what happened to Ash. I know it gets mentioned a lot, but I didn’t think he’d actually get raped. It was a total shock. I hope those monsters get what’s coming to them.

That kiss with Eiji though..he was so shocked lol. What an extra way to pass on a letter..

Eiji starts to ask around for Shorter Wong, a friend of Ash, in hopes of getting the drug back from the doctor. Sadly, Arthur caught wind of this and found Eiji in no time at all. I hope nothing terrible happens to him, he’s too innocent for this show:/
Jan 16, 2019 6:20 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
I was begging for this not to step into the BL genre that I despise, I guess I'll have to tackle with that being another sneaky way of setting off a plot. I'mm cope with that for this time, although, this series always gave me this vibe. I should have been more careful.
I didn't think a lot was going to happen in this episode, I was proven wrong, what a small world that is, just what are the chances for Ash to end up in the same cell like that guy.
I was hoping for a jailbreak arc, but I guess he will have to be released on good terms if the plot is going the way it's going, you can't have all of the state cops after you when you're busy taking down a statewide family don.
Mar 27, 2019 4:48 AM

Dec 2013
Arggg the rape part made me feel bad again but I hope Eiji will not get in trouble. The kiss was unexpected but it seems necessary for this episode. I don't really mind it

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

May 30, 2019 5:51 AM

Oct 2010
Wow, didn't expect to have the kiss on screen... *fidgets nervously* and the rape too... though it's not graphic...

I'm liking the plot though, I came in to the anime blank and I was running through episode 1 and 2 feeling that it was rather fast paced for my slowpoke mind to handle, but so far I'm liking what I see.
Jul 3, 2019 3:33 AM

Jul 2011
Am I the only straight guy on MAL watching this? This episode made me cringe so bad I had to look away at times. I don't know if I can continue.
Jul 20, 2019 2:23 PM

May 2010
That kiss was pretty damn hot!

Hope Ash won't be staying in jail for too long, it's obviously too dangerous for him, especially when he stands out this much.
Aug 16, 2019 3:42 PM

Aug 2007
Ash, you sly fox...

Sep 18, 2019 4:09 AM

Mar 2015
Hmmm that kiss was very awkward
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Dec 13, 2019 8:07 PM

Jun 2019
Terium said:
Am I the only straight guy on MAL watching this? This episode made me cringe so bad I had to look away at times. I don't know if I can continue.

What does one's sexuality have to do with it? The kiss is hot because it's portrayed with smooth artistry. You don't have to be attracted to the leads or any of the characters to see that. It's a bit like saying you can't watch and feel forced to turn away at a shooting being portrayed because you're not a murderer or a robbery because you're not a thief.
Dec 13, 2019 10:23 PM

Jul 2011
WatchTillTandava said:
Terium said:

What does one's sexuality have to do with it? The kiss is hot because it's portrayed with smooth artistry. You don't have to be attracted to the leads or any of the characters to see that. It's a bit like saying you can't watch and feel forced to turn away at a shooting being portrayed because you're not a murderer or a robbery because you're not a thief.

I realized it sounded kinda homophobic in hindsight, but in all honesty I have a hard time watching two guys kissing etc.. It's just my natural reaction, I dunno what to say. I stopped watching it after a few more episodes.
Dec 14, 2019 4:47 AM

Jun 2019
Terium said:
I realized it sounded kinda homophobic in hindsight, but in all honesty I have a hard time watching two guys kissing etc.. It's just my natural reaction, I dunno what to say. I stopped watching it after a few more episodes.

That's fine. It isn't that I think there's anything wrong regarding your preference for avoiding such graphic depictions if they make you uncomfortable. I was just curious because your initial question was phrased as asking about other users' sexual orientation, and I don't think that would be a factor for a lot of people.

It's okay if you don't want to watch it for any reason, but my point was that it isn't like someone needs to be gay or bisexual to be fine with watching gay acts depicted since we watch all other sorts of acts constantly that we wouldn't necessarily be inclined to participate in in real life, such as assault, rape, and murder. And I imagine a lot of gay viewers watch depictions of heterosexual sexual activity 99% of the time. But perhaps some of them avoid it for the same reason as what you're saying.
Dec 14, 2019 5:13 AM

Jul 2011
WatchTillTandava said:
Terium said:

That's fine. It isn't that I think there's anything wrong regarding your preference for avoiding such graphic depictions if they make you uncomfortable. I was just curious because your initial question was phrased as asking about other users' sexual orientation, and I don't think that would be a factor for a lot of people.

It's okay if you don't want to watch it for any reason, but my point was that it isn't like someone needs to be gay or bisexual to be fine with watching gay acts depicted since we watch all other sorts of acts constantly that we wouldn't necessarily be inclined to participate in in real life, such as assault, rape, and murder. And I imagine a lot of gay viewers watch depictions of heterosexual sexual activity 99% of the time. But perhaps some of them avoid it for the same reason as what you're saying.

Agreed, I didn't think my first comment through very much.
Aug 30, 2020 1:22 PM
Apr 2019
haha first kiss went all wrong,
to be fair it's just harder for me to get behind this kind of directional works.Well,I will judge by the enjoyment then.It's a bit fast paced
Nov 4, 2020 3:16 PM
Aug 2020
that kiss and spank was so hot and a very smart way to deliver a message lol <3

Nov 18, 2020 12:18 AM

Jul 2020
did they just fuck over my man Ash again? the authors are tripping
Dec 20, 2020 1:08 PM

Sep 2020
Almost threw up when they kissed.
As a straight male, this is hard to watch. Might be dropping soon.
Mar 13, 2021 9:24 PM

Jun 2020
Wow that kiss ♡______♡
I thought it was just Ash trying to seduce Eiji & then he went to the bathroom showing the pill & the message! How smart, Ash! ;)

Poor Eiji getting caught up in this. Seems like he’s the only one Ash trusts & can help him now. The rape gets brushed over because it’s so common inside, and it’s as if it’s so common to Ash as well that he doesn’t think much of it. How damaged & broken he is (;´༎ຶٹ༎ຶ`)

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Apr 5, 2021 2:18 PM
Mar 2021
Ash just can't seem to get a break can he? I feel so sorry for him yet again he got sexually assaulted by disgusting pigs. I loved the kiss scene between Ash and Eiji and the reactions of the people surrounding them were hilarious. I can't wait to see Ash's and Eiji's relationship evolve throughout the series
Apr 10, 2021 11:19 PM

Jan 2021
Ash being mad at Max for shooting his brother is completely reasonable, but c'mon he had no other way of stopping him from killing the entire team. It's not like his brother would have not ended up fucked in the head if he hadn't shot him. On top of that he didn't even kill him and, if he ever does recover, I'm pretty sure the guilt of knowing he was responsible for killing his entire team would have been immense.
CalmTeaTimeJan 8, 2022 1:56 PM
Apr 25, 2021 11:33 PM
Dec 2020
I WAS SCREAMING AAAAAA
My inner fudanshi can now die in peace after the kiss.
May 20, 2021 6:26 PM

Jan 2021
When I realized that Max’s VA is the same as Sanji’s, I can’t stop picturing Sanji. Rip.
Jul 27, 2021 10:07 AM

Jul 2011
secondshelp said:
Terium said:

well im a straight girl and i watched kakegurui without cringing. It has nothing to do with your sexuality grow up.

Can't believe it took this long for a self-righteous idiot to tell me to grow up. I was cringing because it's a natural reaction for me. It has NOTHING to do with my opinions. Grow up.
Jul 27, 2021 7:52 PM

Mar 2021
Terium said:
secondshelp said:

well im a straight girl and i watched kakegurui without cringing. It has nothing to do with your sexuality grow up.

Can't believe it took this long for a self-righteous idiot to tell me to grow up. I was cringing because it's a natural reaction for me. It has NOTHING to do with my opinions. Grow up.

well alright sorry, my bad i guess
Aug 8, 2021 6:08 PM
Feb 2020
that was a goo episode
that kiss tho 🔥🔥
Oct 19, 2021 8:22 AM
Apr 2021
They KISSED! I thought Eiji was dreaming but they actually did it. LOL!
Dec 18, 2021 9:36 AM
Nov 2020
Eiji is just so pure and nice and just has an effect on people especially on Ash and they haven't even really talked yet, god this damn relationship.
Jan 31, 2022 5:35 PM
Jul 2017
megumatt2 said:
Lol it's just a kiss. People kissing the same sex isn't disgusting, don't be rude.
Feb 16, 2022 2:03 PM

Aug 2009
Damn, Ash really went all out with that kiss and spank, now didn't he lmao. My mouth was agape during that scene.
I'm really liking where the story is going! Looking forward to watching the rest.

megumatt2 said:

Take it easy bro, it's just a kiss. Queer people have to watch straight people kiss all the time, and they don't throw up either. There's nothing wrong with same-sex relationships and their portrayal in media.
Nov 3, 2022 9:21 AM
Oct 2019
Oh boy i knew it sooner or later Max and Ash gonna talked about Griffin.
That was really unfortunate.

Eyoo that kiss was really out of nowhere.
I didn't expect that at all. lol

Oh boy Eiji in a big trouble now.
Nov 4, 2022 3:00 PM
Oct 2022
awesome, better and better with each ep
Nov 20, 2022 10:26 PM

Jul 2022
Cuando fue lo del beso quede como "QUEEEEE? NOOOOOOO NOOOOO NO N ON NO WHAAAAAT!? QUE HACE?!" Pero a los 2 seg ya lo había entendido xDDD

Aunque... Ver la etiqueta de Shoujo en este anime en MyAnimeList me parece dudoso ahora viendo esta escena xDD
Feb 8, 2023 1:57 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Secret message discretely delivered via some tongue

NYANPASU
5700XT

Feb 8, 2023 6:37 PM

Dec 2020
Eiji is in trouble. The doctor is probably dead. 
Apr 29, 2023 9:45 PM
Oct 2020
The masculinity 100%
May 13, 2023 10:30 PM

Jan 2022
That kiss was so scandalous! Eiji is so dumb lol why would he just talk about Dr. Meredith out in the open like that lol now one of the bad guys know who he is now. He's being too trusting and its pissing me off. Annnd it got him in trouble. dumbass. lol 
This never updates so that's cool
Jul 11, 2023 3:19 AM
Jun 2016
i think I'm already in love with this anime T T
Aug 8, 2023 4:33 AM
Jun 2023
Not so good..too simple
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Banana Fish Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2018

346 by carladepalabras »»
Apr 25, 3:20 PM

Poll: » Banana Fish Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2018

121 by matheoo41 »»
Apr 13, 5:55 PM

Poll: » Banana Fish Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 29, 2018

69 by matheoo41 »»
Apr 13, 5:41 PM

» how gay is this shit?

KuroudoAkabane - May 14, 2023

37 by Merve2Love »»
Apr 13, 1:54 AM

Poll: » Banana Fish Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

TheFreycook - Aug 8, 2018

66 by unclearjustice »»
Dec 26, 2023 8:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.