Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 9, 2018 5:36 AM

Aug 2016
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
She has a Yuno inside her because of the expression xD
For me it was fantastic how well this story is going, even the rumors say that the anime is better than the manga.
I felt a satisfaction as a humiliated Nagisa addicted to badmint that Ayano.
They made her look like shit the mother of ayano, for my part, whatever the reason, she has no forgiveness.
And finally the magnificent opening! LIDENFILMS You amaze me.

Aug 9, 2018 6:58 AM

Dec 2016
Pretty solid first episode, I especially liked the music and some the animation used during the matches. This seems like it could be a pretty solid sports show and I’m excited to see how it turns out
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Aug 14, 2018 8:41 PM

Jan 2013
Since i love badminton i knew i was going to watch it since it was announced xD The same goes for that volleyball anime xD

Looks great but the drama i think is a little exaggerated, at least now, let's wait for more episodes.
Ayano seems to be very strong, can't wait to see her playing seriously.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Aug 16, 2018 2:11 PM
Mar 2018
What an art style and animation!! The frame work in the 1st 3 minutes will make your jaws drop. The high pace intensity of badminton was being felt as i was watching a real match
Aug 20, 2018 12:35 AM

May 2015
21-Love? GIT GUD.

"What's the point of being female if you can't land someone like that?" Bitch! I'm a slap you!

Man every one is pissed off in this anime...

Nagisa needs a good old-fashioned slap to the face. Please let that happen...

Please don't let Ayano be one of those super crazy epic talented athlete types...

Eh...sorry...humor doesn't really work with what just happened here...

Tachibana does realize that for praising Ayano so much, he's making everyone else look bad...

Nagisa: "BADMINTION IS EVERYTHING!"
Ayano: "BADMINTION IS POINTLESS!"

Well we're gonna be running in circles now, aren't we? But I guess we can see how this anime will turn out. Two players who have opposing views will come together to become better than before. Well the animation is good, so I hope to see some intense badminton action.
Sep 1, 2018 4:11 AM
Jul 2018
Some scenes were overly dramatic but not bad overall if I may say.

Nagisa is such a pretty tomboy. She's my fave for a start.
Sep 2, 2018 6:07 PM

Apr 2014
finally waited long enough to start watching and only 1 ep in and wow this is already pretty amazing and the overall art/animation is beautiful

all i gotta say is this is why i love sport anime/manga series
"one step at a time"
Sep 3, 2018 11:32 AM

Feb 2014
Just started watching it and what a damn good animation. Can't believe I missed this! It makes Harukana Receive look like a baby XD
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Sep 20, 2018 11:19 PM

Aug 2015
nice animation, damn. I came for lots of sweaty muscles, and this ain't bad at all.

I'm convinced that Ayano is actually a badminton-playing robot that escaped from the Ministry of Defense. Look at those soulless wide eyes when she plays lol

Nagisa needs a swift kick in the pants. That club advisor is criminally useless.
Sep 30, 2018 11:12 AM

Jun 2011
21-0 come on mate, at least make it somewhat believable. Not even Lee Chong Wei vs Chen "Great Wall of China" Long 2016 Olympics was that one sided.. not even Prime Dan can do that to anyone.. For someone who play badminton and watch the sports regularly, this is pretty hard to believe. Also the camera angle during the match between Nagisa and Ayano kinda showed that Nagisa was smashing near the net and Ayano still received it.. probably animation error but come on lol.

The set up is very, and I mean, very generic. The drama is terrible, very angsty. Stop being mad all the time mate.. I get the reason but that's going overboard, like she's on her period 24/7 or something.

But great advertisement I guess, especially with the upcoming Olympics 2020 and Kento Momota's return and domination. Momota is also a left hander, and the GOAT is a left hander too.. Hmm.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Feb 24, 2019 10:57 PM

Nov 2013
How OP this fucking girl is? She has won against strong player like Nagisa... 21-0? Was Nagisa blindfolded or something? Bullshit!
I'm gonna watch this only because of Riko.
GvendolineFeb 24, 2019 11:27 PM
Jul 22, 2019 2:20 AM
Nov 2013
If she doesn't want to play, why are you forcing her? Dafuk Friend A?
Jul 29, 2019 7:34 PM

Dec 2012
Oh hell yeah. Opening scene was so intense and I could feel its effects resounding throughout the entire first episode. It's very rare to see a female sports anime on par with the better titles in the genre and while only one episode isn't a guarantee, I am getting excited at the prospect of what this might have in store.
Jun 18, 2020 5:57 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Wow, its so thrilling even in the first episode. Damn, so this is all about the nature talent versus the hardworking, eh? Who would win that? Interesting. Even on my favourite kind of sport. Great! Badminton girls, eh? Nice! Lets see how they became a friends after so much intensed moment happen on the entire episode
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Aug 26, 2020 11:49 AM

Dec 2018
This first episode was alright, not sure I want to continue tho

Nov 27, 2020 8:18 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Hmmm I didn't expect this anime to be that serious, well it can be interesting I guess, especially the competition part
Jan 4, 2021 8:58 AM

May 2015
the frist scene was so annoying :D WHEN WOMEN PLAY SPORT :D EVEN WITH BIG CHEST :D THEY WILL :D PROBABLY :D USE A BRA OR SOMETHING THAT WILL PREVENT THEM FOR FCKING JUMPING AROUND :D BC :D WHEN PLAYING :D WITH BIG CHEST :D BIG CHEST :D HURTS :D A LOT :D SO FIRST SCENE :D VERY ANNOYING
No matter who much you regret or wish,
if you couldn't do something in life,
you can't do it after death, either.
- Hanako
Sep 15, 2021 2:39 PM

Apr 2018
Well, I'm really impressed by this. I never thought an anime animated by Studio LIDEFILMS would have this level of details. I'm seriously hooked by it. The first minute of the episode made me want to bingewatch this in one go already.

Nagisa, a girl that has no talent for badminton but instead puts everything into hard work and effort and Ayano, a girl with supernatural talent who puts almost nothing into effort.

A clash between hard work and talent, we've seen it in a lot of animes but this one looks interesting. The body movements in the anime are on a realistic level compared to other sport animes. The details of the shots, the impact/power shots, close up shots are all things that makes me excited And this anime has it all!

A lot of drama and realistic problems will be involved in this but hopefully this has a good balance between sport and the other genres. It's a seinen afterall.

Quite a good first episode. The cast looks likeable//

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Oct 5, 2021 4:28 AM
Apr 2020
Relive the horror I watch in Happy Sugar Life when seeing Ayano. I got a very bad feeling about her.
Jan 24, 2022 1:04 AM

Feb 2020
Hot looking guy this, hot looking guy that, "Saionji-senpai!", "Saionji-senpai!" Sigh... Too much annoying dialogue, but otherwise this was an okay episode.

Nagisa is a very interesting character. I like her already.

Also, the animation looks gorgeous.

Ayano is super strong and talented player. Wow.

SerafosJan 7, 12:08 PM
Sep 23, 2022 8:55 AM

Apr 2013
Been a while since I watched a sports anime, not sure what to think about this one so far. The animation is really good though.
Dec 5, 2022 4:41 AM
Jan 2020
I'm about to witness the most dramatic and well animated sports anime of my life.

But the girls are hot so who cares
RonninnDec 5, 2022 4:48 AM

More topics from this board

» Does Uchika deserve any redemption?

MCA5EY - Dec 26, 2018

10 by _PEAK »»
Mar 17, 6:13 AM

Poll: » Hanebado! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2018

115 by Seabury »»
Aug 19, 2023 10:22 PM

Poll: » Hanebado! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2018

121 by Kaisoooo94 »»
May 26, 2023 7:53 AM

Poll: » Hanebado! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2018

209 by Destroyer31 »»
May 9, 2023 6:51 AM

Poll: » Hanebado! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2018

126 by Ronninn »»
Dec 10, 2022 10:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.