Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Cells at Work!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 26, 2018 3:18 PM

Sep 2012
Something tells me that the Red Blood Cell was just infected by the bacterium. We'll see.
Oct 1, 2018 5:46 AM

Sep 2018
The platelets are so cute I could cry. Also I love how the 'nutrients' are two baguettes and an orange haha.
Oct 1, 2018 6:30 PM

Jun 2011
That was very entertaining, though I pretty much ignore most of the technical stuffs, biology was my weakest science subject back in school. The art is also really clean. It's doing almost everything well and it's such a fresh feeling to be watching something like this.

This is shounen comedy done right, so far.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 2, 2018 9:54 AM

May 2012
Really lovely start of this series, I was really looking forwards to see this series being finished and I sure am going to love marathoning it!
Oct 5, 2018 11:47 AM

Mar 2016
The opening did really well to introduce what's going on in a human's body, but with a twist, ANTHROMOSIZED CELLS!!! The song itself is nice and cheerful but it get more melodic in the second half of the 1.5-minute opening. The ED as expected from shows with a similar type of genres are simple soothing ED with some kawaii factors into it. Nice and great, I like them!

Hataraku Saibou (Cells at Work) IS THE PEAK OF ANTHROMOFICATION!!!
As a person who's studying biology, this show is PERFECT!!! However, as a human being, I will no longer look at my 30+ trillions of cells as mere cells, but yet as cool looking, cute and sexy cells depending on their function and basic appearance.

I'm assuming that all these cells talk to each other thanks to their glycoproteins (realistically)

A RED BLOOD CELL THAT BLEEDS RED BLOOD?! NANI?!?!?! Besides that, A RED BLOOD CELL THAT (maybe) HAVE ROMANTIC FEELINGS FOR A WHITE BLOOD CELL?! NANI?!?!?!

ShadowkillZOct 5, 2018 11:57 AM
Oct 5, 2018 11:32 PM

Apr 2015
That episode was awesome! A great start to the show. There was definitely a cuteness overload with the platelets! It's been such a long time since I've watched a 'damsel in distress' situation (White Blood Cell saving the Red Blood Cell) that I enjoyed this much, and then I realized that they are cells and it just messes with my head :(
Is it just me or did the bacterium's character design remind you of Meruem from Hunter x Hunter?
Overall, very entertaining, looking forward to where the plot is headed. I'm hoping for a more overarching plot, rather than an episodic take.
Oct 31, 2018 10:53 AM
Oct 2018
Great Episode ๐Ÿ‘. My feedback for this episode is "how can a cell bleed?"
Nov 1, 2018 8:56 PM

May 2013
As a bio major and otaku, I am very very excited.

It's like a throwback of Ozzy and Drix, but anime style :}

So obvs that pneumococcus was in her box lmao xD
And when she opened the door and saw him but shut it XD Classic I-didn't-see-shit reaction hahhaha
Kokoro_KotashimaNov 1, 2018 9:13 PM
Dec 6, 2018 4:51 AM
Nov 2018
Great introduction to the series.
Great episode.
Dec 14, 2018 11:09 AM
Apr 2013
This show is awesome. Finally decided to check it out without reading the premise. As a student of microbiology and immunology, I approve this show.
Jan 12, 2019 1:44 AM

May 2016
While the biology classes I attend are okay at best, I had a lot of fun watching this and surprisingly learned a lot from it too. They sure did a good job in presenting these pretty complicated bodily processes in a very entertaining and understandable way.

I've seen a lot of pictures of the Platelets but I never thought that they'd be this cute. White Blood Cell reminds me so much of The Captain from Hellsing Ultimate and that's hot. That one stray drop of blood mixed in your urine might just be a Red Blood Cell looking for the longs after all~ I just sneezed a few minutes after the episode so I can imagine my nose being North Korea now, wow.

Apr 1, 2019 2:18 AM

Apr 2013
I wouldn't recommend this anime at all.
Jun 1, 2019 5:31 AM

Dec 2013
The red blood cell girl is really cute also the platelets. I enjoyed watching this and very creative to depict how the cells work in a human body

โ˜…โ”โ”โ”€
๐˜๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ฏ ๐˜ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ต?
๐˜ž๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฌ ๐˜ข๐˜ฃ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ต ๐˜ช๐˜ต ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜บ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ข๐˜บ?

Jun 3, 2019 8:07 AM

Mar 2015
The platelets were so cuuuute
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Aug 4, 2019 9:28 PM

Mar 2019
Just start name dropping this anime in biology homework as much as possible. Heh. Good show, educational.
Nov 20, 2019 3:36 PM
May 2019
This is what Disney's "Inside Out" wishes it could be.
Which one do you want? An Addiction or A Good Life?
A) Addiction - a progressive narrowing of the things that bring you pleasure.
B) A Good Life - a progressive expansion of the things that bring you pleasure and includes pleasure through motivation and hard work.
Jan 10, 2020 8:52 PM
Jun 2013
pretty entertaining first episode and the designs are pretty good. Its like osmosis jones the anime.I like how the white blood cells turn psychopathic once a germ enters the area. one thing that bugged me, but is not the shows fault is on netflix they dont translate the word box that i'm guessing describes what each thing does.
Oct 6, 2020 10:45 AM
May 2020
AivanK said:
Wait, is this the most creative and original anime I’ve ever seen? Without a doubt! If not the most then for sure one of the most.
It’s crazy how they manage to make something so banal and normal into super creative and funny anime! Japan never fails to amaze me.
For real, I never thought I would laugh so much at this anime.
We need more platelets related episodes!!! They are so cuteeeeeeeee omg ahahaha can’t believe I’m saying this xD

So true!!
I came across this anime after watching dr.stone and thought about giving it a try as I was just recently studying about them in biology..:)
But it truly went beyond my expectations!!
I may like this one more than dr.stone.
I really gotta hand it to its author for their wild imagination and her creativity...
I will most probably remember about them whenever I study biology...It's pretty educative as well as entertaining...
As it is our body that the story is about, we find it all the more interesting and I never once thought biology could be this fun!!..Lol:)
It even made me think of taking bio classes more seriously as aside from our professor's classes, I found the subject to be boring and uninteresting...

There was a meme I came across where a guy gets a scrape and cries seeing these cute little characters working so hard non-stop. I may feel like that too and more often now as I go out...since Covid-19 has completely changed our world now in a way...
Never thought this much fiasco happens to destroy a single germ..

A really good impression on the first episode..
Entertaining, educative and pretty good and elaborate at that..
Oct 6, 2020 9:33 PM

Jan 2013
ayase1234 said:

So true!!
I came across this anime after watching dr.stone and thought about giving it a try as I was just recently studying about them in biology..:)
But it truly went beyond my expectations!!
I may like this one more than dr.stone.
I really gotta hand it to its author for their wild imagination and her creativity...
I will most probably remember about them whenever I study biology...It's pretty educative as well as entertaining...
As it is our body that the story is about, we find it all the more interesting and I never once thought biology could be this fun!!..Lol:)
It even made me think of taking bio classes more seriously as aside from our professor's classes, I found the subject to be boring and uninteresting...

There was a meme I came across where a guy gets a scrape and cries seeing these cute little characters working so hard non-stop. I may feel like that too and more often now as I go out...since Covid-19 has completely changed our world now in a way...
Never thought this much fiasco happens to destroy a single germ..

A really good impression on the first episode..
Entertaining, educative and pretty good and elaborate at that..

Glad you enjoyed this as much as i did! Glad we are having a 2s in January and also a spinoff, you should check it.
Lmao, you are going to spinoff then if you already enjoyed this much the normal one.

Exactly, this anime gives a completely different approach on biology and the human body.
Platelets were the dominant meme in that season, so i wouldn't be surprised xD It's tough for all of us, but i hope next year things will be better, just check the Next season, what a great way to start the year.

Btw i also watched Dr Stone and enjoyed it way to much xD
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Oct 25, 2020 11:34 AM

Aug 2020
Got bored and figured I'd check this one out. Better than I expected!

Dec 19, 2020 3:51 AM

Apr 2020
This anime is really good, in this anime it is shown that all the cells in the human body are working

In the spleen there is a woman wearing a maid dress, lmao
Feb 12, 2021 8:39 AM

Apr 2013
That's the one anime I maybe should've watched with German subs, some of these biological terms were a bit hard for me in English. That setting is so unique though and the first episode was great.
Feb 17, 2021 12:30 AM

Feb 2020
That was both funny and educational. :D Nice start!

This actually reminds me of the French animated series "Il était une fois... la vie" (Once Upon a Time... Life.) It was aired on TV when I was a kid. It was produced in 1987, so it's kinda old.
SerafosFeb 17, 2021 9:25 AM
Apr 10, 2021 12:37 PM

Oct 2020
Pretty funny to be the first episode. WBC was really cool. RBC was really funny. Also the leader Pneumococci. That storage 7 scene was a real treasure XD !!! Can't stop laughing, hahaha !!!

Apr 10, 2021 12:41 PM

Oct 2020
Serafos said:
That was both funny and educational. :D Nice start!

This actually reminds me of the French animated series "Il était une fois... la vie" (Once Upon a Time... Life.) It was aired on TV when I was a kid. It was produced in 1987, so it's kinda old.

Hey are you talking about this one???
May 29, 2021 11:35 AM

Oct 2013
Randomly started this on Netflix, honestly this show is ridiculous but super easy to follow / understand if you’ve taken basic biology A&P.
Dec 5, 2021 12:57 AM

Aug 2021
The creativity of the author is mind blowing to make a plot from human body cells working in an environment to defeat the
the platelets were adorable!!!
Dec 8, 2021 10:34 AM

Jul 2015
Funny how a blood cell can have blood splattered onto them.

I feel bad seeing the cells work so hard compared to me being useless and lazy 24/7....

Dec 27, 2021 2:44 AM

Dec 2018
i'll just say i have a medical background and love this so much
also platelets <3
Apr 23, 2022 3:51 AM

Jul 2012
What a show..
Those virus reminds me of parasite "hydra” on the j4b ๐Ÿ˜…

May 2, 2022 5:57 AM
Jan 2022
This is what edutainment is, I'm easily hooked with this. Hoped the rest of episodes will be great as well
May 21, 2022 8:49 PM

Jan 2010
Cells at Work is ridiculously cute, and unlike my only other frame of reference for anthropomorphic cells, Osmosis Jones, Cells at Work lets me look up bodily terminology and refresh my memories of middle and high school health class. It's interesting that the show doesn't really attempt to realistically portray the body, and instead imagines it as a literal metropolis with pathways, rooms, and structures that just so happen to bear the names of body parts. In some ways, it makes Cells at Work's world less organic and fleshy. Out of context, it's hard to tell that this show is about the body. I'm curious to see how the show progresses in that sense.
Jul 31, 2022 10:54 AM
Oct 2017
Did I just unironically watch a 20 minute educational anime for children? And enjoyed it????
Sep 11, 2022 4:06 PM

Apr 2016
Great first episode.
With those charm characters this show is gonna be special.
Oct 21, 2022 12:27 AM

Aug 2019
This episode taught me more than my biology class ever did lmao.
Apr 25, 2023 10:00 AM

Jul 2016
They really made the white blood cells all white just to stain them red with the bacterium blood from their hunts lmao

I rarely have fun while being directly educated but the sheer amount of charm in this can't get me to stop smiling.
May 3, 2023 7:22 PM

Jan 2020
I wonder if this was government-funded....
Jul 5, 2023 7:06 AM

Jan 2021
It was like being back in biology class but with more fun learning methods.

I'm slightly annoyed at the 3803 red blood cell... but the 1146 white blood cell was cool! Well, that's the job of white blood cells anyway, hahaha.

The platelets were so adorable :3

Oct 10, 2023 10:59 PM

Nov 2022
Pretty interesting to watch. Made me brush back my high school biology. Let's see how it unfolds in later episodes...
Nov 30, 2023 7:18 PM

Nov 2023
Well, this is a fun and educational anime
Feb 3, 8:29 PM
Oct 2022
Great start setting up the entire body and how it works. I should have seen it coming that it would be this educational.
Feb 16, 12:07 AM

Jul 2021
An anime about the body, this is gonna be interesting.

This first episode was very enjoyable i like the red blood cell along with the white blood cell, and there fight against the germ was cool though i feel like he will be back.

The animation is also pretty good.

Mar 31, 6:38 AM
Feb 2024
It's majestic, I'm already in love with this anime, it's really funny and instructive. I want so bad that those 2 will fall in love. (I'm the only one that think Kลchลซkyลซ is similar to L and Jotaro?)
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hataraku Saibou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2018

82 by ST63LTH »»
May 8, 6:38 AM

Poll: » Hataraku Saibou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2018

73 by ST63LTH »»
May 8, 6:24 AM

Poll: » Hataraku Saibou Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2018

92 by ST63LTH »»
May 8, 6:13 AM

Poll: » Hataraku Saibou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 25, 2018

89 by ST63LTH »»
May 8, 6:00 AM

Poll: » Hataraku Saibou (TV) Episode 2 Discussion

Illyricus - Aug 8, 2018

45 by ST63LTH »»
May 8, 5:52 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.