Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 8, 2018 4:13 AM

Mar 2015
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Great end to another great cour! Really can't wait for more - it looks like things are only gonna get tougher from here on out!

Having three wins out of three in the first bout was too good to be true though - there'll definitely be some casualties!

10/10 from me, I love this show!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Aug 8, 2018 5:54 AM

Jun 2014
And from here on, it only gets more predictable...like to the point where once you see the matchups, you already know and can tell exactly who will win or lose.

Still entertaining though.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Aug 8, 2018 6:26 AM

May 2015
And Yukihira won. Who would have guess? :D

7/10, season. nothing more.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Aug 8, 2018 11:39 AM
Apr 2017
No way this season should be rated this low. Just no way. So yeah the animations were a bit poor, but it still more entertaining than 99% of the animes out there... I had no problems with this season at all. 10/10 for me.
Aug 9, 2018 8:59 PM

May 2012
Epic and intense ending and boy all those references were great! Really lovely last episode of this season to be honest and I must say I'll be awaiting the sequel season even more than the previous time!
Aug 11, 2018 7:53 AM

Mar 2015
This has been a fun season! It lives up to the last ones to me, not much better but not worse either. I'm excited for the next one!

Aug 14, 2018 5:43 AM

Nov 2014
Shokugeki no Souma hands down the best cooking genre anime in history. Makes me wonder not many cooking genre anime didn't succeed.
Aug 15, 2018 12:34 PM

Jan 2014
wait pause that girl who leapt through time reference was EVERYTHING lmfao
Aug 18, 2018 9:05 AM
Jan 2016
One of my favorites, unfortunately, is over, I'm really going to miss this anime for sure, I'm really happy and impressed by Erina's development, and finally she's noticing her feelings for Souma, and learning that she have something to improve, like others, im happy that now she see all entire dormitory as friends, and she went against father, finally. I like this show so much that is hard to express myself, its always pleasefull to see Souma fighting against his limits, that Shokugueki Group figth was really unexpected for me, its impossible to not get an hyping feeling after watch an episode of this anime, and i will always love the comedy interaction in this show, especially Rindou reactions, or between Rindou and Souma, Erina aswell, and Hayama in Central at mid of season really shocked me, thank to Souma he is back to rebel group.

So i hope that next season will arrive fast, because im hyped, and also kinda sad because season finished in the middle of shokugueki's groups.
Aug 18, 2018 1:16 PM

Nov 2017
A very good episode for this end of season.
Aug 20, 2018 8:19 AM

May 2015
This series keeps getting less appealing as more seasons are being released. It doesn’t help that the manga has gotten worse as well.

San no Sara was a pretty lackluster season in every aspect overall (production values, storyline, character growth)

4/10

We ultimately fear what spawns from within us ~Shinsekai yori
Music is freedom. ~Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Aug 21, 2018 8:00 PM

Jul 2013
The soba that lept through time hehe haven't seen the anime but I got that reference, don't know the other one though. Anyway, they shouldn't have ended this like this. At least finish the whole shokugeki thing. Also I may not know shit about soba but yakisoba I'm familiar with. Instant yakisoba is so good.

Aug 27, 2018 8:00 AM

Jun 2011
The last 3 episodes with the team Shokugeki format have been rather enjoyable, especially with the involvement of the elite 10 such as Isshiki, sadly I can't say the same for the rest of the season.. This is what happens when you bring politics into something meant to be enjoyable. This is supposed to be one passionate cook vs another passionate cook in a battle of skill, not bad guys taking over the world and good guys cook to save the world or any of that bullshit.

Erina indeed got her character development here, but her traumatic past is just not very relatable, though it did vaguely explained her queen personality, not that there's a need for that. I am also not very fond of the "I treat Souma better now because he's Saiba's son" instead of who Souma is. I still ship tho xD

If the mangaka ran out of idea they can always refer to a lot of other sports manga out there, where there's school vs school, region vs region, under 15/17 selection vs other countries and such, there's lots of interesting events and scenarios that they could've used from other mangas. The story didn't have to go this way, even though the mangaka came out and said that it is a necessary evil.

Also I've already went to wikia and spoiled myself but

But yea the story turned weird after the dad showed up. The bad guys who were elite 10 fill-ins don't really have any personality, they were just there to be canon fodder for the main characters. The reaction scenes got boring after a while, they've tasted all sort of delicacies all around the world and they got stripped nudes from meals made from students? The story even rigged the fights by bribing the judges at one point.. it's gotten so silly.

Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Aug 31, 2018 10:09 PM

Dec 2014
Well I guess it as ended for now… hope the second season comes out soon…can’t wait…
Oct 16, 2018 9:04 AM
Feb 2017
That 2 movie reference XD
Anyway, still a very good season. Can't wait for the next season.

9.04/10
Nov 17, 2018 8:29 PM

Jun 2013
As always this show always makes feel hungry.

I guess this was okay compared to the previous seasons. I agree with ToG25thBaam. I didn't like how the involved politics for something that was meant to be enjoyable. It just felt like the main purpose of the story is drifting away because the author is running out of ideas.

Erina's character got some development which is good but I am still not a fan of her tsundere personality. And I frankly could care less about her and her's father complicated relationship or her controlled life. But the fact the Megumi is become more and more irrelevant thank's to Erina "issues" is kinda annoying.
Nov 22, 2018 11:57 AM

May 2013
A little rushed in pacing imo, and this season lacked a little somethin-somethin'. Too much fanservice; it felt overdone ^^' Some parts were very corny, but the Saiba backstory brought it back and the rest of the season's second cour wrapped up great C:

The Soba that Leapt Through Time was HILARIOUS. I didn't know what that other reference was though lol. If anyone knows, lmk :3

8/10

Edit: I agree with above comment. Tadokoro is getting overshadowed by Erina Dx Such a shame she's being neglected as a formidable love rival :( Although I do like Erina's development, I don't like her "I am the Queen and you peasants will follow me" attitude. Ugh.
Kokoro_KotashimaNov 22, 2018 12:06 PM
Nov 23, 2018 11:31 AM

Aug 2013
Altogether this was a good season. 7/10.

Jan 8, 2019 12:26 AM
Sep 2018
What chapter in the manga did thiis eepisodde occur
Jan 17, 2019 11:58 PM
Mar 2017
The battles is continue in manga chapter 217 if anyone didnt know about it
Feb 16, 2019 3:08 PM
Feb 2019
I enjoyed the episode, but i think its bull that we didnt even find out what the former third seat made
Mar 12, 2019 12:56 PM
Sep 2015
5/10

the whole characters (every one except Yukihara and his mates) makes no sense, they all became psycho.. really this makes no sense everyone gets machiavellian, naughty, evil, vicious for no reason.
Why are they all following blindly a crazy man, banned from the school and who lobotomized his own child ? Are the whole characters stupid? Well please don't put 99% stupid characters it's uninteresting
The elite council could be psycho or have their reason for following him but it is not explained. The show lacks of the character development of the elite ten council
Apr 19, 2019 8:00 PM
Oct 2018
Capu_ said:
5/10

the whole characters (every one except Yukihara and his mates) makes no sense, they all became psycho.. really this makes no sense everyone gets machiavellian, naughty, evil, vicious for no reason.
Why are they all following blindly a crazy man, banned from the school and who lobotomized his own child ? Are the whole characters stupid? Well please don't put 99% stupid characters it's uninteresting
The elite council could be psycho or have their reason for following him but it is not explained. The show lacks of the character development of the elite ten council

I completely agree with that (I comment about that few episode away btw), I really don’t understand what happened with the council and the logic behind what they did, so it annoyed me at first but I guess that the series needed that to not start being too repetitive and I just continued to watch this anime without thinking too much and continued to enjoy it as much as before.

Now I wait the fourth season eagerly ( who will come as soon as possible I hope) and except more development about the council members in this one since it intrigues me a lot too. I would be glad to have more development about Rindo that I really like for the first time I see her but really don’t understand what she is doing right now among others.
May 1, 2019 12:46 PM
Sep 2015
DieuMivas said:
Now I wait the fourth season eagerly ( who will come as soon as possible I hope) and except more development about the council members in this one since it intrigues me a lot too. I would be glad to have more development about Rindo that I really like for the first time I see her but really don’t understand what she is doing right now among others.

I also agree lol. I also can not wait to see the fourth season.
Uunfortunately I got spoiled quite early on the members of the future ten council and got dissapointed because I though the changes would come much more early (in season 2 actually lol), but whatever, i'm in eager for the fourth season.
Jun 6, 2019 4:52 PM

Feb 2013
They all won, amazing.
Jun 8, 2019 8:33 AM
Feb 2018
Another dissapointing season. Only One season 1 is good other seasons are hardly watchable
Jul 13, 2019 2:01 PM

Apr 2013
So as expected the former 3rd and 7th seat easily won against that new fodder. Souma had to advance obviously since he'll crush everyone in this competition so Totsuki can be restored to their former glory.

Overall I liked the 2nd part a bit better than the 1st part of season 3. It had more of that season 1 and season 2 feeling to it. Not quite as good as season 2 was though, so it stays at the same score as the 1st part. 8/10
Aug 23, 2019 6:30 AM

Jan 2016
The only drawback of this anime is that it is predictable, in shokugeki, Whoever gives food to the judges first he/she loses 90%. i thought Erina will like Soma in a romantic way but it seems nothing will happen between them
Aug 31, 2019 1:55 PM

Aug 2014
Not so great season. I liked Erina and two, only two dishes.The first one with frozen eggs and the one with Schisandra. The story was too obvious.
They also didn't tell what promise the ex third seat made.
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Sep 18, 2019 12:52 PM

Apr 2007
They couldn't even spare time to show what ingredient was used and the dish they created in the 5th seat vs former 3rd seat match? Is it like that in the manga? I don't like when stuff is constantly done off-screen like that. There's basically no point in these characters even appearing if they're treated like that. Unless this promise he made with Yukihira, that wasn't even explained, produces something in the future.

Ranting aside, I'm glad we're finally getting the chance to see Yukihira and the others go against the elite 10. I would have preferred if the series continued that route instead of this stupid story, but oh well. I'm still looking forward to seeing the matches continue into the next series despite reading about how bad things get :v
Jan 12, 2020 10:46 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
It was too much awesome, 9,5/10 season I loved it, that finale episode was GREAT I can't wait to see the following of the contest
Apr 7, 2020 8:56 AM

Aug 2017
What a forced and stupid excuse they gave. I would have accepted it as a tie but nop. I will watch the next two seasons but the result is very obvious at this point.

2/10 for the anime.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jun 10, 2020 1:30 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Questionable victory, that's for sure. As such, I'm not too impressed with the results this episode but the previous 7-8 episodes in particular have been brilliant so it's a solid 8.5/10 from me.

Sad that they didn't show us the first match at all, by the way. But more importantly, that's 3 straight wins! I doubt this is too big a lead considering the third years have been seated for future batches but let's see how it goes.

Soma v Hayami episode somewhere mid-way followed by Joichirou-san and Isshiki-senpai's were some of the most enthralling episodes of the series, and that's saying a lot! I'm starting to worry for future installments though considering the development for Soma seems to be halted for the time being though and considering what's to come moreover.

Animation Quality is still great with occasional but mostly minor flaws and the Soundtrack strong as ever. Loved the Kinokuni OST this episode. Op & ED nailed it this time around as well imo, both visually and song-wise.

Shin no Sora (or the Fourth Plate), here I come!

Edit: Seems like I totally missed out on the “The Girl Who Leapt Througj Time” reference.
_MushiRock11_Jun 24, 2020 4:05 AM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Oct 18, 2020 3:35 PM

Mar 2010
The highlight was watching that bitch get raped she needs to fucking chill and take the dick. Twas nice seeing Erina try to compliment as well.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 30, 2020 12:06 AM
May 2016
Is literally no one going to talk about how we the third match is just skipped over, instant win for the good guys. Great season but that was just disappointing.
Jan 28, 2021 6:42 AM

Mar 2013
Annoying how the 3rd fight was skipped. She lose but she's still the 5th seat ffs, atleast give us something but no, off screened and she didnt even have a single dialogue... that's lame.. was expecting to see something from her since she appeared in the background. Even the italian 8th seat guy had something to do...

I like how Souma win the 6th seat glasses girl thou. Atleast there's some variable and shows that Souma is better at these outside factor due to experience, not the usual I cooked better so I win. Not to mention its the glasses girl's expertise, her losing it in a "fair fight" wouldnt look that nice and would just make Souma look bullsht op
Mar 8, 2021 1:27 AM

Dec 2012
Anne oppai. Move hair.
LMAO at the Toki o Kakeru Shoujo reference.
Erina oppai.
Oagari yo!
Yukihira Kagoshi-soba.
Soma wins.
Osomatsu!
lol at Erina.
Megishima wins.
A break.
lol at Soma leaving.
Tsukasa.
Soma's taking the top spot.
Dat ending.

And that was the end... for now. Another great season.

Original watch date: 3/2020
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jul 13, 2021 11:37 AM

Jul 2017
An okay episode to close out what's been a bit of a timid, weird season. Did like the Soma-Nene soba battle, but did not like how Shoko Kaburagi, a 5th seat who at the time, outranked Nene and Julio was treated like a complete jobber in her loss. That kind of rubbed me the wrong way, since there could have been something interesting with her.

Season 4's gonna be pretty damn formulaic, even more than the Autumn Elections although that is also due to the opening spoiling the final pretty much. Don't know how I'll feel about that season, definitely won't be happy seeing so many lovable side characters be background noise only but I have to live with that.

Overall, the season wasn't actually that bad since there were some fun episodes and decent enough battles. Soma-Hayama took a while to get going but it ended fairly well. Unfortunately, the issues of the past only continue to plague the series further, from excessive panning shots and lazy direction overall for a studio just comfortably raking in money from another season of a successful anime, to Central's storyline still making no sense in the grand scheme of things as well as the supporters of Central who act like they're fucking brainwashed in all aspects including the announcer girl, to food battles lacking that charm and heart that oozed out in the first season.

It's not a terrible season by any means and good moments were there, but it's a very hollow one due to those issues remaining there without much improvement whatsoever. I'd go with a 4/10 for this one. I'd rather watch this than a lot of the awful seasonals this year or the previous one, but it's also disappointing to see it rated so low. The difference between this season and the previous one being a little bit better was the Moon Festival arc being really good. That's it. Otherwise the rest is mainly meh.
Oct 31, 2021 9:38 AM

Sep 2015
How is Soma able to watch the judge as his Soba is getting pan fried?

Must admit though, as a Soba lover myself I could go for some right now.

Overall, ending was not bad.
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Jan 31, 2023 6:43 AM

Feb 2022
WHAT ON EARTH WAS THAT OUTRO WITH ERINA? LMMAAOOOOOOOOOOO
                                                    slice of life anime, my beloved.

2D>>>>>>
Feb 21, 2023 2:44 PM
Sep 2018
uma grande temporada
May 31, 2023 2:51 PM
Feb 2022
the animation. soundtrack and just the food everything in this was amazing i would recommend
Jun 1, 2023 12:53 PM

Jan 2021
Whelp, that was interesting.
Oct 31, 2023 5:19 AM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Great season! 8/10 from me. Keen to watch the rest.
Oct 31, 2023 5:21 AM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Reply to Nurguburu
What a forced and stupid excuse they gave. I would have accepted it as a tie but nop. I will watch the next two seasons but the result is very obvious at this point.

2/10 for the anime.

@Nurguburu 2/10? Why do you keep watching XD

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara - Toutsuki Ressha-hen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 27, 2018

56 by Beguni »»
Apr 13, 9:45 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara - Toutsuki Ressha-hen Episode 10 Discussion

tidoesstuff - Aug 9, 2018

27 by aod-kun »»
Oct 31, 2023 4:14 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara - Toutsuki Ressha-hen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 20, 2018

92 by aod-kun »»
Oct 31, 2023 2:45 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara - Toutsuki Ressha-hen Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 13, 2018

130 by aod-kun »»
Oct 31, 2023 1:44 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara - Toutsuki Ressha-hen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 22, 2018

135 by aod-kun »»
Oct 30, 2023 5:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.