Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 23, 2018 6:21 AM

Oct 2008
This episode was a bit romantic but ends-up being really creepy as well!
Peter is a mischievous fairy! - terrifyingly creepy!
Why does Towano-sensei doesn't have eyes? lolz
5/5.

looks like next episode will explore more about Peter!

May 23, 2018 6:35 AM

May 2011
For all Dude who saying this episode out of idea or not related with diving, Your just didnt know how Amano Manga works. supernatural phenomenon almost happen in all her manga, and the experience of it makes the character grow up. what's more irritated me it's not even comparable with naruto trash filler.

And of course its show up to one of our main cast for god sake, if it's appear to someone we didnt know just start new fvcking anime/manga.

If it's about diving it's not like all related diving can move the plot. well probably you are not understand or even dont want to understand. simple idea from me if you dont like it just skip it.
May 23, 2018 9:40 PM

Aug 2013
What the fuck? Why is this show suddenly introducing actual supernatural shit?

When did this show stop being about yuri undertones, diving, coming of age, and enjoying the little moments in life? Why are they literally introducing a depiction of Peter Pan? And Katori-sensei is just like "yea I can see ghosts".

Like, even the lucid dreaming thing didnt bother me, because for one, lucid dreaming is real. And two, they stated right in the beginning of that episode that it was lucid dreaming, and were using the episode to show how everyone was enjoying themselves on their time off, and how all of them are connected in different ways. So you were able to just sit back and enjoy the goofy ride knowing it wasn't real. But now we're getting into some weird shit that just frankly doesn't have a proper place in the show from an anime standpoint.

This whole season in general, started off seeing like it was going to be about Teko's continued growth as a person to become more independent and able to find hobbies and happiness with friends and on her own, while also taking some time to explore the background of Katori since she's remarked multiple times about how she's forgotten that kind of happiness. But so far we've been given this jumbled, in-cohesive pile of one-shot stories that don't really connect to each other all that much.

Hell, I even had a crazy theory given the tone of the beginning of this season, that the reason all of this effort was being put into making Teko a strong character was because at the end of the series Pikari was going to die, and it would come at a point where she had taught Teko all she could and made memories with her, and developed her character enough to the point where she would be able to cope with the loss and continue to live on and find happy moments for herself and for the memory of Pikari.

...but with how things have turned that seems much less likely.
May 24, 2018 4:49 PM

Mar 2009
Ghosts now? Absolutely bizarre season of Amanchu.
May 26, 2018 4:21 PM

Oct 2012
What is this bullshit? I get it that the atmosphere was nice but since when did this show turned into contemporal fantasy instead of slice-of-life? And it still isn't end. It's ridiculous!

Heck, although Aria had some supernatural and dreamlike elements all were perfectly fine and left in doubt, not the focus of the main series.
I certainly don't like the direction this show is heading.
May 27, 2018 2:46 AM

Jan 2013
Another bad one.
Why does this show have this need to push supernatural stuff into an otherwise interesting setting?
Aug 9, 2018 12:44 AM

May 2012
Damn this episode really reminded me off the mystical and mysterious part of Aria, didn't expect such a topic in this series to be honest!

But I really liked it, interesting episode for sure and I assume the nickname "Peter" refers to Peter Pan or at least a far reference with taking people "away".

Quite lovely, let's see what happens next but in general it sure was quite a lovely school festival preparation.
Nov 27, 2018 4:13 AM

May 2016
Loved the strange atmosphere around the school it definitely gave some nice vibes.
Mar 9, 2019 9:58 PM

Jun 2015
ok so we into... ghosts now? is this some peter pan stuff going on?
Jun 26, 2019 12:06 AM

Dec 2013
It's very rare for me to drop an anime after liking the first season enough to check out the 2nd season but about halfway through this episode I'd just had enough especially with the previous episodes so I just turned it off and dropped this anime. 2/10

People here are saying that "This is just how stories by the author work" but that does not excuse it from being bad. If I knew the author was bad from the start then the story getting bad doesn't suddenly make it better.

The second season should not have been made.
Jul 30, 2019 2:24 AM

Oct 2016
Giving me a lot of aria vibes, really enjoying it.
Nov 22, 2019 8:38 PM

Jul 2016
Ehh... what's with this fantasy/supernatural approach all of a sudden? It was like watching a whole different series.

Honestly, I'm still not sure whether I liked this episode or not. I mean, I'm a bit intrigued with this whole Peter issue and stuff but it's also true that the inclusion of these elements to the current plot felt jarring at certain point.

This said, I'm not going to judge yet so let's see what this "peculiar" arc has to offer.
Jun 25, 2021 3:13 AM
Oct 2019
After finding out the creator was also Aria’s creator, I wasn’t surprised about the supernatural element. Though the ones in Aria was hit and miss for me since supernatural isn’t really my taste. Similarly, don’t exactly dislike this storyline but really not fond of characters like Peter. You know the overly-assertive kind. Not to mention he tried to take Ane-chan-senpai away. I know it’s a common trope in anime but it really is a pet peeve of mine when guys just grabs a girl’s hands like that’s supposed to be romantic. And anime girls usually fall for that.

Like I said, don’t dislike this storyline, for now anyway, but this show is stronger when it’s an Iyashikei, SOL show
May 13, 2022 9:41 AM

Aug 2016
Well this show turned to absolute dogshit, I think this has to be the show with the biggest dip in quality I've ever seen, this trash makes naruto filler seem good.

Also just because the author does this shit in the other series they wrote doesn't make it any less horrible in this series. Undecided if I want to continue this now, definitely not gonna watch aria anymore since it happens in that too.
Jun 20, 2022 12:54 AM
Apr 2021
Didn't expect this to go supernatural. Kinda disappointed.
Aug 25, 2022 6:14 AM

Oct 2016
What, how and why? There were plotless (from 6 to 11 I think?) episodes on the first season as well but they were never this bad and out of place.
Apr 27, 2023 4:00 AM
Des31

Oct 2020
Well well, another anime that in s1 is very so so and had an continuation season that contain episode that made it laughable to watch because how it became so much worse then the previous season, definitely not going to watch the third season if there's is released
Aug 9, 2023 12:42 AM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
Were they smoking funny things, what ever happened to scuba diving?

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Amanchu! Advance Episode 9 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Aug 9, 2018

10 by ryo-san »»
Aug 9, 2023 12:45 AM

Poll: » Amanchu! Advance Episode 12 Discussion

EratiK - Aug 9, 2018

11 by HanamiDango »»
Apr 5, 2023 11:29 PM

Poll: » Amanchu! Advance Episode 11 Discussion

ReaperCreeper - Aug 8, 2018

9 by HanamiDango »»
Apr 5, 2023 11:25 PM

Poll: » Amanchu! Advance Episode 10 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Aug 9, 2018

5 by HanamiDango »»
Apr 4, 2023 11:05 PM

Poll: » Amanchu! Advance Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - May 5, 2018

32 by HanamiDango »»
Mar 30, 2023 11:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.