Forum Settings
Forums

What's the worst thing that could happen to anime?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 11, 2018 5:55 PM

Jan 2018
If all those sjw fucks could influence it.
May 11, 2018 5:56 PM

Oct 2015
The extinction of ecchi and harem genre would be a big lost to the industry.

π”šπ”žπ”«π”«π”ž 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠π”₯ 𝔢𝔬𝔲,
π”šπ”žπ”«π”±π”¦π”«' 𝔢𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔦𝔱π”₯ π”žπ”©π”© π”ͺ𝔢 π”ͺ𝔦𝔀π”₯𝔱

May 11, 2018 6:08 PM

Oct 2017
Short_Circut said:
If it becomes assimilated by Western Concepts

I mean there are some western ideas that would be nice to see in anime, but if I wanted to watch Western ideas I'd just go watch some Western T.V

Ikr, with western ideology, all the waifu, incest, ecchi, loli, shota, will be gone :/
May 11, 2018 9:01 PM

Mar 2017
zieek said:
If it becomes assimilated by Western Concepts that terrifies me like nothing else.

I hate to break it to you, but anime has been paying attention to and drawing from western concepts for at least 20 years, if not much longer. Osamu Tezuka is said to have regarded Disney one of his greatest influences.

That said, one of the things I appreciate most and find most refreshing about anime is that they play by their own rules and don't care about western standards of acceptable and appropriate content. And as such I believe one of the worst things that could happen to anime is if they were to start following such standards.
A møøse once bit my sister...
May 11, 2018 10:16 PM

Aug 2009
It never ends. Anime just continues to be an ouroboros.

May 11, 2018 10:20 PM

Oct 2016
When it'll all turn out to be 3-4 minute episode :/
She's searching for the man who can melt her forzen heart.The one who will chip away at her walls until they fall apart.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
May 11, 2018 10:38 PM

Nov 2017
If it's cut short before its manga ended?

Lol, that actually happens a lot. The Worst Has Already Happened, and I'm pretty sure it's gonna happen again.
May 12, 2018 2:46 AM

Oct 2014
TripleSRank said:
New animators could stop coming into the industry due to lack of pay and gross overwork, forcing almost the entirety of animation to be outsourced to other countries, lowering the general visual quality of the medium and hurting sales enough to force the industry into a collapse that leaves only a small percentage of the original studios who then have to play their hands much more conservatively to ensure their survival.

Well Dynamic Chord already got fully outsourced so it might happen sooner.
This can be avoided if the industry stop spreading the animators thin over 70 shows. Right now this season has over 70 tv shows and like 80% of them end up under the radar and forgotten...

But then again, another economic collapse will force anime to downsize or crash as qell since anime always has been vulnerable to it. Anime already faced it twice (begin 90s and 2007) andit hurted the quality.
May 12, 2018 2:50 AM

May 2017
The worst thing to happen will be, that anime will loose the Japanese culture. I totally don't want that.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 12, 2018 2:51 AM

May 2017
mwalimu said:
zieek said:
If it becomes assimilated by Western Concepts that terrifies me like nothing else.

I hate to break it to you, but anime has been paying attention to and drawing from western concepts for at least 20 years, if not much longer. Osamu Tezuka is said to have regarded Disney one of his greatest influences.

That said, one of the things I appreciate most and find most refreshing about anime is that they play by their own rules and don't care about western standards of acceptable and appropriate content. And as such I believe one of the worst things that could happen to anime is if they were to start following such standards.
yep i totally agree with your second stanza qnd that's why anime is so badass.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 12, 2018 2:55 AM

May 2018
To disappear completely?I think that would be pretty bad
May 12, 2018 4:34 AM

Oct 2012
Yall are so paranoid, what u think the "sjws" you're all so terrified of are gonna come to Japan and take over the animation industry? The idea that the anime industry as a whole would cater to western social politics is laughable. Japan cares not for your liberal or conservative agendas.

OT probably torrenting and illegal streaming but too late for that
May 12, 2018 6:49 AM

Jan 2017
Chinese anime taking control over the industry.
May 12, 2018 6:55 AM
Oct 2017
i think if the japanese doesn't hand anime industry over to the west, or if america doesn't start becoming involved in production, anime will fail
May 12, 2018 11:25 AM

Jul 2014
3D/CG becoming the norm would be catastrophic and major studios becoming even less willing to create unique IPs would suck too.

And to all the reactionaries in this thread; the Western SJW boogeyman isn't gonna do shit to anime. Granted, high profile publications will likely continue to write condescending, misinformed thinkpieces whining about anime not appealing to their sensibilities, but it's not worth flipping a tit over since Japanese studios couldn't give less of a shit.
Take care of yourself

May 12, 2018 11:46 AM

Apr 2015
SJWs are not an exclusively western thing though, we have our version of SJWs and they're very noisy these days.

Having said that no idea if they are prevalent in Japan, and considering otaku anime is already not exactly mainstream they probably wouldn't change that much.
May 12, 2018 1:51 PM

Jul 2017
The worst development for me personally would be anime becoming very heavily influenced by the west. Anime in and of itself is inarguably the result of western influence on Japan, so some people might find my statement somewhat clueless. I'm referring to modern western influences, rap, hip-hop, western politics, etc. I just personally don't like those things at all, not my cup of tea, not my wheelhouse. And again, anime has to a certain extent been influenced by rap/hip-hop, examples being Afro Samurai, Samurai Champloo, and the OSTs, OPs, and EDs of many shows. I'm aware of the influence that already exists, and I know that rap/hip-hop itself was heavily influenced by the Japanese via Yellow Magic Orchestra and Ryuichi Sakamoto, who himself was influenced by Kraftwerk.

If you consider me to be racist for disliking rap/hip-hop, that's fine. People would also probably consider me narrow-minded/prejudiced for writing off entire genres of music with tens of thousands of contributing artists the world over. I don't care about being considered racist or narrow-minded.
DaromanMay 12, 2018 1:55 PM
May 12, 2018 1:56 PM
Feb 2009
getting another crappy isekai
why do we get so many bad ones when there are good novels?
May 12, 2018 2:04 PM
Jul 2018
I suppose if it contained more and more ecchi, fan service or other perverted things, if I'm interested in that I know what to watch, I find it dull and boring to force it into a scene it doesn't need it

but, I suppose the worst that could happen anymore is, it's no longer released world wide and it's trapped in Japan only.
May 12, 2018 2:22 PM

Jul 2014
Daroman said:

If you consider me to be racist for disliking rap/hip-hop, that's fine. People would also probably consider me narrow-minded/prejudiced for writing off entire genres of music with tens of thousands of contributing artists the world over. I don't care about being considered racist or narrow-minded.

Disliking hip-hop doesn't make you racist; it just means you haven't heard Illmatic yet. ;)
Take care of yourself

May 14, 2018 12:49 AM

Sep 2017
Netflix takes full ownership of all anime.
Are we really gonna make it..?
May 14, 2018 1:01 AM

Oct 2010
Every anime is made in yuasa-like animation. That would be horrible and it would provoke eye cancer.
They decide not to make echi scenes ever because they got bored. This too would be catastrophic.
May 14, 2018 1:47 AM

Mar 2015
Bourmegar said:
GlennMagusHarvey said:
It could stop existing, I guess.

What does "western concepts" even mean?

----

Meanwhile, though...are people being excessively paranoid about "what might happen to anime"?

I've seen these threads come up a number of times and it's basically like an excuse to complain about various vague categories of bogeymen, be they "western influence", "feminists"/"SJWs", "dub companies"/"Funimation"/etc., and sometimes also complaints about how the fandom is "cancer" and has no taste (or "shit taste") for creativity/originality/quality/"good writing"/"good animation"/etc..

It's especially funny when you get some people stridently defending their enjoyment of ecchi/harem/etc. tropes that are considered lowbrow and shadowboxing against "feminists" and "political correctness while doing so, and then other people railing against studios for making "unoriginal"/"cliche"/samey shows that keep on having these ecchi/harem/etc. tropes and also railing against fans for liking them and making original/innovative/envelope-pushing/genre-evolving/"good" shows commercially unviable.

The funny thing is that Western Media is not Ruined yet and yet they think it is.
The west is still making good shows and Movies.
And they act like the Western censorship is the only bad kind of censorship but find Japanese censorship a-ok.

remember, there is a series that one of it episode get cencored, because make parodies of a japanese politician hairstyle...

but sure "muh west has it worse", lOl....

Viltas said:
Netflix takes over and enslaves all of Japan to make yet even more mediocre adaptations.

Batsleep said:
Netflix takes full ownership of all anime.

lol, they can't even touch status quo production comitee power....

stop being produced or become illegals.... nothing top that....
KumaMay 14, 2018 1:59 AM
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
May 14, 2018 1:54 AM

Jan 2014
worst thing would be if they solely relied on CG animation before it gets developed rigth
Sonic X is basically an isekai
May 14, 2018 2:26 AM

Feb 2010
If it never existed or if it got banned.
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Who are your enemies in the anime industry/fanbase? ( 1 2 3 )

Catalano - Apr 25

105 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
3 minutes ago

» Why do people like consuming media watching specifically opposite sex get together? ( 1 2 )

Oshieteoshiete4 - Yesterday

59 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
4 minutes ago

» What does the Anime you watch say about you

ST63LTH - Yesterday

18 by tchitchouan »»
10 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you perfer Split Cour or Consecutive Cour?

animegamer245 - Apr 26

35 by Ohayotaku »»
17 minutes ago

Sticky: » AWC 2024 Anime Watching Challenge - Sign-Up (Open Until December 10th) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AWC_mod - Jan 1

989 by oliver2193 »»
20 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.