Forum Settings
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 3, 2018 5:34 AM

Apr 2017
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
fuck it gabi's determination drives me insane. i was literally screaming when she got the 3d maneuver gear and flew with falco cus i knew what was about to happen :c

levis kick tho, i missed that. they got the war hammer and currently have zeke join them thats another point for the devils inside the walls!

sasha were first saved by the editor but isayama's plan always rules, i guess. its just that at some point it doesnt make sense, the two miscalculations flew with the gear although we know its not that easy to use, i feel like hes really itchy to kill sasha. sashas last word was "meat" she cared for food until her last breathe HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO NOT CRY its very sad and heartbreaking. rip sasha

wonder why the title is bulletproof? ill fantacize that it actually addresses to sasha and shes alive :c
sunako199May 3, 2018 9:34 AM

still life: pink roses
May 3, 2018 7:53 AM

Feb 2016
My favorite is now dead...... I'm so sad, I was not expected this so soon...
May 3, 2018 8:46 AM
Aug 2015
I'm devastated... I can't believe it... I'm so angry...
The chapter started well, they were victorious... I was so happy... and then, stupid Gabi showed up (she's been ruining every chapter since the start of Marley arc), and she kills one of my favorite character! I cried...

They have Zeke, but according to their reaction "that person" is really dead. I do hope that's not the case. But I think I'm hoping too much...

Isayama is disappointing me. Gabi's behaviour and actions are so predictable, and how did she manage to use de 3DM? I mean, it requires years of training, but she succeds in getting aboard the zepplin that easily? (and with Falco) I really hope she dies soon because I can't bear her character.

My favorite manga, ruined with one chapter... one damn character.

Kirie-sanMay 3, 2018 9:18 AM
May 3, 2018 9:03 AM

Apr 2013
this is BS.. isayama just kill one of the most funny and popular character in SNK.. seriously WTF are you doing isayama? why dont you just kill other fodder like jane or connie?
May 3, 2018 10:13 AM

Oct 2012
So disappointing Potato-chan had to go. Her new design was fire and I really hoped we'd see more of her after the timeskip but oh well... at least she died thinking about meat. RIP.

AnimeMangaSteamBakaBT

7 Colors of Kira Kira Douga

“Exactly as planned.”
May 3, 2018 11:24 AM

Jul 2015
Pretty sad with Sasha dying.

But on the flip side we got to see Zeke joining Paradis.Probably even more Marley scouts on recon mission to Paradis joined them.

May 3, 2018 11:24 AM
Mar 2016
Isayama has been suffering a lot during previous months. He wants so bad to kill another character that we love the most!

May 3, 2018 11:32 AM
Aug 2017
Kirie-san said:
The chapter started well, they were victorious... I was so happy... and then, stupid Gabi showed up (she's been ruining every chapter since the start of Marley arc), and she kills one of my favorite character! I cried...

They have Zeke, but according to their reaction "that person" is really dead. I do hope that's not the case. But I think I'm hoping too much...

Isayama is disappointing me. Gabi's behaviour and actions are so predictable, and how did she manage to use de 3DM? I mean, it requires years of training, but she succeds in getting aboard the zepplin that easily? (and with Falco) I really hope she dies soon because I can't bear her character.

Sasha was supposed to die long ago. It was clear that she wouldnt survive til the end.
Dont be so damn salty because of one side character.
And yes, Gabi was a bit predictable, but she is very immature and full of rage. Its clear that she would do something like that. Eren would have done the same thing years ago.
May 3, 2018 11:54 AM

Sep 2014
RIP Lobov, you were a good man
May 3, 2018 11:57 AM

May 2016
While it's true that I still have to wrap my head around Sasha's death, one other thing that sticks out the most in this chapter imo is Zeke. I mean, WTH is going on between him and the Eldians? Why's their interaction almost friendly? Why did Levi have a normal convo with him? Wasn't he in killing spree when Erwin got killed?

This chapter is just too much-
May 3, 2018 11:58 AM

Jul 2008
AnimeNoSensei said:
Isayama has been suffering a lot during previous months. He wants so bad to kill another character that we love the most!

Fun fact for the forum people: Isayama is a GOT fan ;)
May 3, 2018 12:03 PM

Feb 2017
So sad to see her die, it hit me harder than I thought it would. Hard to see everyone devastated, including Eren who showed more emotion than I thought he would. What Gabi did was understandable and 'right'. Jean is right, "Will all this killing stop?"

Zeke-SC alliance is confirmed, they can now use the Founding Titan and move on with their objective to restore Eldia. SC is pissed on Eren and rightfully so, I would be pissed too. But Eren and Zeke are also right when they say that this operation was overall great success. Marley lost a lot and Paradis gained a lot. Realistically looking, losing 8 people in operation of this kind is not much ( it is unfortune Sasha was among those 8). And we finally found out who is Rope-kun and it turns out it was Rope-chan all along and she is named Yellena.

Paradis bought some time with this mission. Things are probably going to settle down for few chapters and we are going to see how things developed on Paradis. We will probably going to get update on Annie after all these years and prepare for the new(?) arc. Looking forward to everything that is about to come.

RIP Sasha 'the Potato Girl' Blouse.
May 3, 2018 12:16 PM

Jan 2009
RIP Potato Girl Sasha

and Zeke is with team Eren all along? when did he switch side is the question now
May 3, 2018 12:26 PM
Jan 2018
FUCK!!

The chapter was great but the mixed feelings...damn..
RIP :(
May 3, 2018 12:35 PM
Jul 2015
YOOOOOOOOOOOO THIS IS OFF THE CHAIN! WE WERE NOT PREPARED!
May 3, 2018 12:41 PM
Jul 2015
So how long has Zeke been working with the Eldians? Seems unlikely the whole thing was a plan, considering Levi almost cut him up back on Paradis. Did they communicate through titan memories or something :P?

And also who is Yellena?

Defo sad to see Sasha go, but defo saw it coming once she and Jean had that nice moment with each other mid chapter.
May 3, 2018 12:43 PM

Dec 2015
Awww, poor Sasha...RIP.

I hope they take Gabi and the other boy and show them the truth about everything. Then maybe they'll be less retarded...
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
May 3, 2018 12:51 PM

Oct 2013
Not really a big fan of Sasha but rip, I'm very interested in the development on paradise island when they get there.
May 3, 2018 1:03 PM
Mar 2016
Horror, Hatred, Sadness, Anger, Rage.. it's been a long time since I felt like that!
RIP Sasha :(

Now I think Eren did the right thing!
If the world decided to attack Paradise, the demons have a royal blood and the founding titan. Titans of the walls will be ready to destroy the whole world!

I think we have two options:
- Balance of terror (nations of the world will reconsider and reach a peace agreement with the eldians)
- Great war that will lead to the climax of Attack on Titan, hence we will witness the walls fall and the wall titans invade the world!

I prefer the second one.

Note: I think we will see our Queen soon :)
May 3, 2018 1:15 PM

Apr 2014
You will always be a MONSTER now Eren.
May 3, 2018 1:22 PM

Jun 2016
Kirie-san said:

It doesn't require 3 years to press on the trigger, the anchors were still connected to the airship, that's how she managed to get up there.
May 3, 2018 1:27 PM
Aug 2015
Jared93 said:
Kirie-san said:

Sasha was supposed to die long ago. It was clear that she wouldnt survive til the end.
And yes, Gabi was a bit predictable, but she is very immature and full of rage. Its clear that she would do something like that. Eren would have done the same thing years ago.

I know that she was supposed to die earlier, and I expected that someone from the Survey Corps would die, this is war after all. But I'm disappointed because Gabi's action are predictable (while the author usually manage to surprise us), and I think there are inconsistencies since she manages to kill a guy, use the 3DGM and get in the zepplin easily, then kill another person. Even for a soldier, it's too much.
Side character? It's almost like she's become the main character of the manga. I've followed the main characters for many chapters, and one my favorite ones dies by the hand of the character I hate the most... I didn't ask you to agree with me, this is a forum, I can share my point of view about the chapter right? =)
May 3, 2018 1:28 PM

May 2013
HappyMN said:
My favorite is now dead...... I'm so sad, I was not expected this so soon...

At least she got one last hug before the end.

May 3, 2018 1:30 PM

Mar 2016
I knew Sasha would die, but I didn't expect it to be this soon.
Zeke had been acting strange and Eren had a baseball glove with him. I guess now we know why.

I love this manga because the protagonists don't achieve a perfect victory. They always pay a heavy price.
May 3, 2018 1:39 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Gabi has always pissed me off but after today...I'll abstain from writing my feelings lest I get banned for using multiple profanities. RIP Potato girl. Eren gonna carry that weight the rest of his life

A lot of surprises besides that. Zeke working with them, "New Eldian Empire " I wonder what surprises we get next. Court martial for Eren?
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 3, 2018 1:42 PM
Aug 2017
Kirie-san said:
Jared93 said:

I know that she was supposed to die earlier, and I expected that someone from the Survey Corps would die, this is war after all. But I'm disappointed because Gabi's action are predictable (while the author usually manage to surprise us), and I think there are inconsistencies since she manages to kill a guy, use the 3DGM and get in the zepplin easily, then kill another person. Even for a soldier, it's too much.
Side character? It's almost like she's become the main character of the manga. I've followed the main characters for many chapters, and one my favorite ones dies by the hand of the character I hate the most... I didn't ask you to agree with me, this is a forum, I can share my point of view about the chapter right? =)

Of course you can say your opinion. I just think its not fair to dislike a great chapter because your fave character died. And in my opinion its not bad if something is predictable. He established Gabis character and her feelings in the last few chapters. I can understand how she feels. I still dont like her. But i would have not liked it if she would have acted more calm because that wouldnt make sense for her.
May 3, 2018 1:48 PM

Jun 2014
Damn, Sasha got taken out by that little dipshit. RIP, she was always a nice source of comedy in this otherwise fucked up manga.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 3, 2018 2:17 PM

Mar 2016
I read the first translation and when the officials came out I'm gonna re-read this chapter again 'cause this was, by far, the worst chapter of this arc.
Sasha's death ment nothing to me, most of it due to the fast pace chapter this was (that's why I hate fast paced shows/manga -I hope the anime makes a better job with this).
After that all talk between Conor, Sasha and Jean, killing Connor would've been so much better. Much more shocking.
Zeke's betrayl seemed kind of obvious. I don't see where Isayama wants to go from here on.
azertz99May 3, 2018 2:20 PM
May 3, 2018 2:42 PM

Jun 2016
[/quote]
somerandomknight said:
I read the first translation and when the officials came out I'm gonna re-read this chapter again 'cause this was, by far, the worst chapter of this arc.
Sasha's death ment nothing to me, most of it due to the fast pace chapter this was (that's why I hate fast paced shows/manga -I hope the anime makes a better job with this).
After that all talk between Conor, Sasha and Jean, killing Connor would've been so much better. Much more shocking.
Zeke's betrayl seemed kind of obvious. I don't see where Isayama wants to go from here on.
Wow, i think it was the best chapter of this arc.
EthicalllMay 3, 2018 2:48 PM
May 3, 2018 2:47 PM
Jul 2018
wow! this chapter is very interesting unlike previous chapters
it's getting hot!
- i like Zeke and Levi interactions, hope he will take revenge one day.
- who is that new women with beard? she appeared for the first time? anyway i like her character so far
- rip Sasha

removed-userMay 3, 2018 2:52 PM
May 3, 2018 2:50 PM

Jun 2016
hawkusho said:
wow! this chapter is very interesting unlike previous chapters
it's getting hot!
- i like Zeke and Levi interactions, hope he will take revenge one day.
- who is that new women with beard? she appeared for the first time? anyway i like her character so far
- r.i.p. Sasha

She's Rope-kun aka the soldier who trapped Pieck and Galliard.
May 3, 2018 2:59 PM

Apr 2016
I'm torn on Zeke's-Eren's improvised plan.

On the one hand, Zeke and Eren's decision to crash Willy's festival and grab the WHT is tactically sound. If the scouts had attempted to fly over the guarded festival and take out the Marleyan's command structure in the stands, many scouts would've surely been killed and several officers would've escaped. Titanized Eren is impervious to small arms fire, and his belly flop wouldn't have allowed anyone a chance to escape. Furthermore, he would manage to neutralized Marley's strongest asset - the WHT - and boost Paradis' military strength significantly by adding the most powerful and the second most powerful titan powers. All this, in about fifteen seconds. Eren sent the letter detailing the plan to the scouts a few days before the festival, which means that his infiltration of the Eldian district was not by the order of Hange. Therefore, he technically went AWOL and trying to order around a superior officer, but I'd say that Eren was actually in the right here: this was a golden opportunity Paradis simply could not miss. In fact, I'm surprised that Eren hasn't been given the license to do this, considering he has proven time, and time, and time again his unshakable loyalty to Paradis.

That said, considering the scout's hostile disposition towards him now, I wonder what Eren will do from now on. If he can't rely on the scouts to support him in whatever he endeavors, then he might be better off leaving the scouts altogether and acting as an independent agent of Paradis. Depends on whether or not he trusts the scouts to not try to restrain him for his power.
May 3, 2018 3:01 PM

Oct 2014
wow i am HEARTBROKEN, sasha is not just one of my favorite characters in the series but probably one of my favorite ever, i’m seriously in shock, i’m legitimately sobbing

rip potato princess, always in our hearts (and stomachs) :-(
May 3, 2018 3:05 PM

Sep 2014
Thanks Levi and Zeke for making me laugh (B E A R D I E) because damn... potato girl... how can you kill THE meme... she became so badass after the timeskip... gonna miss her gags.

Really curious for next chapter. Return to Paradise after 15 chapters!
May 3, 2018 3:17 PM
Jul 2018
it's a pity Commander Handsome doesn't see their small victory :с he would have been proud
removed-userMay 3, 2018 3:33 PM
May 3, 2018 3:25 PM
Aug 2012
Kirie-san said:

You sound extremely childish. This is war kid. Suck it up. Sasha was amazing, but she got killed, which in the end is what happens in war.
May 3, 2018 3:41 PM

Apr 2013
Busujima_Saeko said:
this is BS.. isayama just kill one of the most funny and popular character in SNK.. seriously WTF are you doing isayama? why dont you just kill other fodder like jane or connie?

He had planned on killing her earlier, but he didn't do so because of angry fans. So even though she was one of my favorite characters, I'm glad he did what he wanted to.

What a chapter.
May 3, 2018 3:55 PM

Jan 2014
Since 36 chapter plot for Sasha was dead, until today she didnt do nothing important (like Mikasa since Trost arc). I know that Sasha loves meat but still I think that her last words were disrespectful even for her. Isayama should choose anothers words.

R.I.P Sasha, I will miss you.

I dont know how I should rate this chapter.....

BTW, Jean loves blaming Eren for everything.
Taito10May 3, 2018 4:04 PM
May 3, 2018 4:23 PM

Aug 2012
R.I.P Sasha. One of the best new character designs after the time skip already gone.

Ah so Rope-kun is a new character we haven't seen before yet.
May 3, 2018 4:27 PM

Aug 2013
Taito10 said:
Since 36 chapter plot for Sasha was dead, until today she didnt do nothing important (like Mikasa since Trost arc). I know that Sasha loves meat but still I think that her last words were disrespectful even for her. Isayama should choose anothers words.

Exactly.
Don't know how to feel about her death, tbh. Many readers predicted it and saw it coming from miles away, but it still felt kind of anticlimactic. Oh well, RIP potato girl.
May 3, 2018 4:50 PM

Aug 2016
Total respect for Isayama and no less than that. Despite Sasha being one of my favorite characters, She already served a purposed as a character and this kind of things happen in war.
:v
May 3, 2018 5:18 PM
Jan 2018
Good old Attack on Titan where Levi kicks the shit out of Eren (although I wanted him to block it like a man) and where no one is safe by plot armor.

I still feel like Sasha’s death wasn’t dramatic. Maybe gotta add that Sawano background
May 3, 2018 5:18 PM
Mar 2016
Kirie-san said:

You act as though Gabi was actually maneuvering around with the 3D gear, which is what takes practicing. Pulling the trigger and holding onto it while it pulls you upwards since it was pre attached does not take any training, just a strong grip.
May 3, 2018 7:12 PM

Jun 2013
Gabi is so fucking annoying, for real. And not for her behavior - but because of how much Isayama shifts the story in favor of Marley. I goddamn called it - There will be a price to pay, in blood. I said so last chapter. No way in hell are they going out without something bad happening. Oh well, gotta keep the story on it's toes, I guess. Only thing left now is to move forward. I suppose I'll see what Isayama has in store for us.
Ad Astra Per Aspera
May 3, 2018 7:22 PM

Dec 2017
Isayama is a legend

This entire thread kinda cringe
May 3, 2018 8:28 PM

Apr 2017
Taito10 said:
mikasa was made to be eren's yandere sidekick i thought people already realized that long ago + sashas last word made sense (at least for me) it simply just defined who she was

still life: pink roses
May 3, 2018 8:48 PM

Jun 2015
this chapter was pretty dumb, especially sasha's character being a meme til the very end. now Isayama can pad this story out since they couldn't retrieve Jaws to eat Annie and with Zeke betraying Marley, expect the next chapter to just be an info dump conversation. Fun Fun Fun
Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen
May 3, 2018 9:14 PM

Oct 2015
:(

great chapter overall

May 3, 2018 10:04 PM
May 2018
Hey I was hoping someone could clarify something for me,

In this chapter Zeke said the mission was a success because now we have the Founding Titan and someone with royal blood. But didn't they already have that? Eren and Historia ya? Did I miss something?
May 3, 2018 10:05 PM

Jun 2013
Both major events this chapter would have been more surprising if Isayama's foreshadowing was a bit more subtle.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 138 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Mar 5, 2021

1128 by Berry-Vodka »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 139 / Ending Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

NextUniverse - Apr 7, 2021

1875 by Berry-Vodka »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 4 Discussion

MagEarwhig - Sep 11, 2011

25 by HenryDanger »»
Apr 24, 6:34 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 141 Discussion

venti_e - Sep 30, 2022

32 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 20, 1:36 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 77 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2016

137 by Berry-Vodka »»
Mar 31, 12:03 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.