Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 1, 2018 2:25 PM

Apr 2016
Eh. I feel like reading the manga at this point would just be better. I do like Haise a lot though. He's cool. Nice to see Takizawa make a return, but also very confused about that. How in the world did the ghouls get a hand of him? Very interesting to see that explained later on. I don't want to be one of those people, but I do miss the old cast. Not that I don't like the current people like Saiko and Shirzo, but I miss Touka lol. At this point I doubt we get much from her if anything at all. Oh well. At least Hina finally interacts with Haise.
[
May 1, 2018 2:34 PM

Jul 2013
I know it was intentional, but Takizawa killing that girl because she didn't paid attention to his classes was really hilarious.
May 1, 2018 2:56 PM

Aug 2017
Takizawa edgy as always XD.

This episode was ok, i guess. I think that the animation was weird in the first half. 3/5
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
May 1, 2018 3:01 PM

Aug 2013
Very disappointing for a good series to be treated this way...
The closer you get to the light,the greater your shadow becomes.
May 1, 2018 3:05 PM

Dec 2017
I thought this was a good episode though it looks like a lot of people don't think so. Pretty mixed opinions here. I liked how there was a lot more action in this episode than in the other episodes. This also has to be one of the goriest episodes in not just :re, but in Tokyo Ghoul in general.
May 1, 2018 3:14 PM

Jan 2015
once again the sfx is horrendous, that scene w/nutcracker wasn't as dark or terrifying as it should've been, not to mention the animation is just god awful as well. sigh, idk what I expected from this adaptation. At least Pineapple-kun is enjoyable.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
May 1, 2018 3:30 PM

Dec 2015
It's that the best this show can do? I'm really considering give this show a 2 after this episode. Pathetic plot, not a single interesting character, extremely bad animation and horrendous ost. This show is easily the best cotender for the worst of the year
May 1, 2018 4:29 PM

Jan 2017
Dammit, if the series ran for longer... Then why not. But this is only twelve episodes so I'd like to have seen more happening; but I did like this episode -even if it was slow paced.

The good thing about this series is that they are good for killing characters, I like to see deaths but I'd prefer them to be a little !ore high profile, rather than some loosely known character.

Is this Uta, no. Why. Where's the sclera inking. Please don't be him

P.S.
Does anyone else ever feel like this always happens to them when they eat; like somebody is staring at them

😂😂😂
It was so funny to see this.
May 1, 2018 5:05 PM

Nov 2015
This adaptation is awful ...
May 1, 2018 6:45 PM

Dec 2017
Was the animation that bad? I couldn't really tell, it looked the same to me as in all the other episodes.
May 1, 2018 6:58 PM

Jan 2008
Laughing too hard at Urie being eaten.
May 1, 2018 8:25 PM

Jul 2015
Animation quality is bad.

Why did Ishida even gave Pierrot the job.Bones or Madhouse would have done much better.

May 1, 2018 8:51 PM

Dec 2014
Great episode with some really nice action.

Own is just straight out crazy and Nut Cracker is just brutal. That guy who had his 'Nut Cracked', the poor soul.

Urie is pretty selfish, always wanting to find a way he can show off.
It does look like he got wrecked by Madam. I don't think he's dead though or is he?
May 1, 2018 9:10 PM

Dec 2017
Tsarko said:
I am done with this. I don't really feel anything while watching this anime. Everything just feels lifeless and "plastic" to me and nothing feels impactful. Pacing is weird and way too fast. Animation is bad, especially during action scenes. Feels like 50 episodes of Boruto filler had a better animation than this.
I'm thinking the same thing; how could such a very popular manga get this abominable treatment.
The studio could keep on extending zero-plot Boruto with tons of filler episodes presented with decent animation, then why don't treat Tokyo Ghoul fairly in the least? +_+
It's really beyond me...
I just realized that all of my favorite characters, beside being stunningly beautiful, also happen to be exceptionally skilled murder machines. \('-')/

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

May 1, 2018 9:30 PM
Jun 2017
OMG I cannot believe I want more and of Tokyo Ghoul I love this season it make me want some more and never stop
May 1, 2018 9:58 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Another ok episode. It was pretty off putting that all these events were kind of hard to follow in the manga so seeing this operation in the anime doesnt do it any favors. The animation was slightly better, especially for Nutcracker but other than that, Takizawa and save for Urie and Suzuya, everything else was kind of a bore.
May 1, 2018 10:13 PM

Jan 2008
crystal-frost said:
Tsarko said:
I am done with this. I don't really feel anything while watching this anime. Everything just feels lifeless and "plastic" to me and nothing feels impactful. Pacing is weird and way too fast. Animation is bad, especially during action scenes. Feels like 50 episodes of Boruto filler had a better animation than this.
I'm thinking the same thing; how could such a very popular manga get this abominable treatment.
The studio could keep on extending zero-plot Boruto with tons of filler episodes presented with decent animation, then why don't treat Tokyo Ghoul fairly in the least? +_+
It's really beyond me...

Things feeling lifeless and plastic, imo, has less to do with the animation and more to do with the lack of story/character development in this arc.

A problem with these past couple episodes is that we've just getting a bunch of throw away characters dying left and right to the point there's no immersion with any of them. If we saw the group walk into a room with Nutcracker standing on top several corpses, it would have made little difference to wasting our time showing us her killing completely random nobodies for a few minutes that could have been used as screen time for characters that mattered.
May 1, 2018 10:40 PM

Mar 2016
Paul said:
crystal-frost said:
It's really beyond me...

Things feeling lifeless and plastic, imo, has less to do with the animation and more to do with the lack of story/character development in this arc.

A problem with these past couple episodes is that we've just getting a bunch of throw away characters dying left and right to the point there's no immersion with any of them. If we saw the group walk into a room with Nutcracker standing on top several corpses, it would have made little difference to wasting our time showing us her killing completely random nobodies for a few minutes that could have been used as screen time for characters that mattered.

Agreed with this ^^^

/// does anyone know what chapter of the manga the anime is on now?

May 2, 2018 12:40 AM

Feb 2018
Well I am already 5 episodes in so I guess I l, watch the rest to
May 2, 2018 2:04 AM

Feb 2017
I'm angry at the fact that studio clown skipped/cropped a sh*t ton of important stuff just to get to the action and THEN in the fights the animations looks really bad and stiff almost all the time.
May 2, 2018 2:34 AM

Oct 2008
Another slaughterfest episode!
Urie got himself wrecked and almost literally eaten by Madamme! That's what you deserve for not following orders of Sasaki!
4/5.

May 2, 2018 2:40 AM
Oct 2015
At first, it appeared the ghouls had the advantage, after the genocide that occurred in the basement, I don't even know who's winning in terms of kills at this point.
Looks like Haise is going to have a tough fight against Takizawa
Heckle was here...
May 2, 2018 3:03 AM

Dec 2013
Every scene that i'm looking forward to is getting butchered by studio clown.... i'm quite disappointed to say the least.
May 2, 2018 3:16 AM
Oct 2017
So dissapointed with the animation..even root a got a better animation
May 2, 2018 3:34 AM

May 2016
No wonder they call her Madam she almost ate Urie xD

Looks like Hina chin is going to help Haise in the preview of the next episode.
Takizawa sure fall deep into the abyss that peaceful guy.
May 2, 2018 3:55 AM

Apr 2018
I also have a feeling that animation is going down :/ Anyway, I don´t know what type of server you´re watching on, but I use gogoanime.se and opening and ending are always muted authomatically. Do you have the same experience? Does anybody know why is that?
“You are not alone, Ash. I am with you. My soul is with you.” - Eiji Okumura.
May 2, 2018 4:19 AM

Apr 2018
Masshiroi said:
I also have a feeling that animation is going down :/ Anyway, I don´t know what type of server you´re watching on, but I use gogoanime.se and opening and ending are always muted authomatically. Do you have the same experience? Does anybody know why is that?

I checked it now, and in the default server -first server- which is VIDSTREAMING, it seems that the opening and the ending are muted, change it to another server and it will work.
May 2, 2018 4:24 AM

Apr 2018
s6Official said:
Masshiroi said:

I checked it now, and in the default server -first server- which is VIDSTREAMING, it seems that the opening and the ending are muted, change it to another server and it will work.

(facepalm) yeah, it´s working now, thank you very much. could have figured it out also by myself, sorry for troubling you
“You are not alone, Ash. I am with you. My soul is with you.” - Eiji Okumura.
May 2, 2018 4:52 AM
Mar 2012
Yeah there's like 100 masked ghouls, but one chick with no weapon and one investigator just kills them like paper seems anime like. investigators jumps 3 meters, i mean aren't they humans? I wish this anime could've been more serious.
May 2, 2018 6:37 AM
Apr 2017
feels like watching the summary of the manga
May 2, 2018 7:14 AM

Jul 2016
I guess better animation than the previous episodes, though some shots are choppy.

I don't remember if they skipped a content here from what I have seen with the episode, so can someone enlighten me.

tambi33 said:

Is this Uta, no. Why. Where's the sclera inking. Please don't be him
With the neck tattoo, its pretty obvious who's him, plus the hair style. Why he have/can have that face, that would be a spoiler xD though I can say that face is Arima, to distract Take.
cronoSpirAMay 2, 2018 7:20 AM
May 2, 2018 7:15 AM
Apr 2018
Devansh1011 said:
I just remember those days of ghoul era when being a ONE-EYED GHOUL was actually bit, not bit, but was a fu**ing huge deal.

That Right ...I wish They didnot have to Burn it by creating other one-eyed ghouls ...well I hope There is no more
May 2, 2018 7:24 AM

Jul 2016
Ecurse said:
Devansh1011 said:
I just remember those days of ghoul era when being a ONE-EYED GHOUL was actually bit, not bit, but was a fu**ing huge deal.

That Right ...I wish They didnot have to Burn it by creating other one-eyed ghouls ...well I hope There is no more
well who knows, the OEG creator is still lurking in the shadows.
May 2, 2018 11:19 AM

Jun 2017
Illyricus said:
I know it was intentional, but Takizawa killing that girl because she didn't paid attention to his classes was really hilarious.

That was gold lmao.
May 2, 2018 11:24 AM

Oct 2012
Shit episode, utter trash. This was the episode I was looking forward to the most and it was utter shit. What a bad adaption.

AnimeMangaSteamBakaBT

7 Colors of Kira Kira Douga

“Exactly as planned.”
May 2, 2018 12:50 PM
Nov 2016
Well, Pierrot at least got Takizawa right... Kinda...

We'll get Sasaki Vs Takizawa next episode so... I hope the animation isn't as shitty as it was in this episode.

May 2, 2018 5:46 PM

Jun 2017
Finally decided to watch the new episode and overall this hasn't even been relatively decent. Typical Pierrot adaptation. I didn't expect much going into it luckily.
Though we are parted,
If on Mount Inaba's peak
I should hear the sound
Of the pine trees growing there,
I'll come back again to you.
May 2, 2018 6:46 PM

May 2010
I don't know the manga, but shouldn't this series be more... bloody and gory? Right now it's pretty much the level of some random shounen anime :| Other than that I guess it was fine, can't say I got really engaged or excited though.
May 2, 2018 7:49 PM

Oct 2013
Kitsu-nee said:
I don't know the manga, but shouldn't this series be more... bloody and gory? Right now it's pretty much the level of some random shounen anime :| Other than that I guess it was fine, can't say I got really engaged or excited though.

The manga is more bloody.The thing is that Tokyo Ghoul isnt even a shounen manga but this studio keep skipping important stuff and character developments to show the battles and even then they animate them badly.

Read the manga if you want,read the og first and then :re.Its actually pretty good and all 3 adaptions didnt make it justice
May 2, 2018 8:12 PM

Jan 2013
I mean like, the episode wasn't the greatest, but at the same time it's still decent. Gonna have to agree with what some other people said. Takizawa saved this episode.
May 2, 2018 8:19 PM

May 2010
geo94 said:
Read the manga if you want,read the og first and then :re.Its actually pretty good and all 3 adaptions didnt make it justice

Well, eventually I would buy it anyway, I'm not bothered by watching this adaptation right now though, I've already came this far after all.
May 2, 2018 8:55 PM
Apr 2018
Can someone please explain the plot to me again?

Wasn't it something about Kaneki's experience in the ghoul world? I feel like now there are just too many characters re: (the anime) wants you to understand and relate to them when they only give each of them less than a few minutes of show time.

At least we got some action this time. Can't wait to see Haise remember Kaneki with both of their worlds slowly merging together (at least that's what I hope for)
May 2, 2018 9:05 PM

Apr 2017
renzospark said:
So (according to Urie) Mutsuki is a reverse trap?
i dont remember him saying that but nonetheless,

still life: pink roses
May 2, 2018 10:00 PM
Aug 2015
sunako199 said:
renzospark said:
So (according to Urie) Mutsuki is a reverse trap?
i dont remember him saying that but nonetheless,
I don't know what the English Subtitle says (since I watched it in other language subtitle), but he was literally calling Mutsuki a hypocrite woman.
May 2, 2018 11:42 PM
Jul 2018
I'm gonna be completely honest, this adaptation is turning out to be better then I expected. I had really low expectations for this since the first two seasons were absolute horse shit, but this is being surprisingly good even though it's a bit rushed. Even though I already know what's going to happen since I've been reading :re ever since it came out, I'm still excited to see how they're going to handle the fights and some other stuff. IF they keep being faithfull to the source material and don't drop the quality then this will be the definitive TG experience in anime form.
May 3, 2018 12:59 AM

Mar 2017
Glad it starting to pick up, regardless of the bad storyline. Glad to see some action.
My Links

The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.
May 3, 2018 2:37 AM

Dec 2012
I can't tell that the animation is bad, lol. I'm used to read manga, so, yeah xD
May 3, 2018 8:28 AM

Apr 2018
Art felt kinda wonky this episode. Certain scenes were great (Takizawa) while others looked goofy as hell (a lot of a Tooru and Urie shots)

Animation was hot garbage like usual

Voice actors are doing amazingly well like usual

Pacing wasn't rushed but damn, those cuts felt awkward as hell
May 3, 2018 11:19 AM

Feb 2014
Urie's getting better in terms of combat, but with his personality, he did let it all go to his head though, so I wasn't surprised when he got caught by Madam and is now half in her mouth. XD

Either way, there was so many fights and a lot of minor characters getting killed left and right that I will forget about in a day or two. As for the animation, it's a tale of two halves. The first half of the episode had the animation being choppy and inconsistent. The second half was a decent improvement, with the fights looking far smoother, even if the art quality isn't that great at times.

The preview for next time looks really interesting though, so I'm looking forward to that. =)
May 3, 2018 1:14 PM

Nov 2017
Taher1201 said:
freecaio said:
wow this show keeps getting shittier each episode, the animation was awful and the plot is a giant mess, they don’t explain anything, this is supposed to be a sequel to Root A but there’s still lots of things you wouldn’t get if you didnt read the manga

This is not a sequel to root a , this is a sequel to part 1 of the tokyo ghoul manga so if you want to understand what is happening you have 2 choices :
1- Read the manga (Best choice) and you will understand everything
2- See spoilers for tokyo ghoul manga and search (not the best choice really)

So I read TG the manga, but not Re and I am still confused, there seems to be at least 3 separate ghoul sides here? Am I supposed to know who they are?
We have;

Ghouls in black/with black masks
Ghouls in white suits
The ghoul audience just in masks

Which are the aogiri - the black mask guys? If so who are the other ghouls? Look Ive had a lot on so maybe i just don't remember but I don't really get where all this was explained either in the Tokyo ghoul manga or in the new show?

And then we have
the CCG
the quinx

Its kind of hard to differentiate between all these factions tbh

EDIT: Feck it I had to read the re manga - the chapters often start with a round up and explanation of who everyone is and what faction the belong to - its so so so helpful
Irish_ChickMay 3, 2018 1:35 PM
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

95 by F0xFae »»
Mar 30, 1:45 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2018

194 by F0xFae »»
Mar 29, 7:55 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2018

416 by F0xFae »»
Mar 29, 6:00 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2018

172 by CaravanRiot »»
Mar 16, 9:41 PM

» Tokyo Ghoul: re 1st season is underrated

Ryuu_Mayo - Feb 3

12 by KayKimii »»
Feb 3, 1:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.