Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 1, 2018 6:43 AM

Jul 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Just caught it in the theatres last week. As someone who has never watched Conan before, it was surprisingly easy to understand and so cool~ security + drones is what I do at school so I felt a strong connection there. The explanations about the different sections of the police was great too. And I didn't expect them to bring back the dead lol.
オタクなんじゃねぃよ
I'm not an otaku.
May 20, 2018 5:55 AM
May 2015
Who is the culprit?
Sep 13, 2018 3:28 PM
Sep 2018
To me it's better than any conan movies made by shizuno and yamamoto, just could surpass kodama's work though
JudylovesanimeSep 13, 2018 4:01 PM
Sep 21, 2018 4:38 AM

Nov 2007
Didn't watch at the premiere at local theater because I was away and was feeling lazy when returned, but I was finally able to watch at "second-round". It was exciting.

Amuro getting best character award of Dime Trend Award
https://natalie.mu/comic/news/307928
tsubasaloverNov 14, 2018 4:03 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 23, 2018 3:59 AM

Apr 2013
This movie I think just same & cliche with another conan movie regarding solving certain case, just change the plot & subject, with additional main supporting character, capture the culprit & then saving Japan (or Ran in case) like the same....that why I think from all 22 movie, movie 06, Baker Street is still the best because the plot is very unique...but still, I liked conan on solving cases...

So next year show Kaitou 1432 performance again at Singapore next!! 1st time I think the movie show at outside Japan... Amazing....
Oct 28, 2018 3:10 PM

May 2013
Movie 22 is a disappointment for me worst DC movie so far, slow and uninteresting story.

Nov 2, 2018 11:20 PM
Mar 2018
Unlike full brainless action pack in movie 20, this movie is pretty good, might stand out along with Raven chasers.

Nov 7, 2018 3:17 PM
Jan 2016
Looks like the sub came in.Well it had crazy action scenes like fast and furious,lots of new techonlogy like the infamous dark web tor and overall felt like a watchdogs anime version with blowing up home applications and phones.Even nasa got hacked,snowden 2.0 and well the motive was prety silly 'I am going to bring down a satellite because you made a guy kill himself, instead of target the guy who made him commit sucide'(Your doing too much).Well one of my favourite movies in terms of technology and ridiculous action scence make you go initial d Deja vu:
'I've just been in this time before
Higher on the beat
And I know it's a place to go '
oh yeah and three offices of security police was confusing and well another thing was the amount of illegal things they did like amuro who made the guy who died dead in the public eyes public that many people really thought he's dead.'Because I love my country' it is all right.

Also another thing was this all possible hacking a satelleite making it fall and using the electricity at home t blow up home applications and use cellphone to became explosive ? IOT some azaming stuff.evil grin..

And of course finally kaido kid is coming next to the sky we go.Looking forward to the goden week 2019 it is at Monday, April 29 to Sunday, May 7.
Nov 8, 2018 1:27 PM
May 2013
Just watched it today and really like it 😎 been waiting for it until it was sub, i’m happy I seen it now 👌🏽
Have Great Day =)
Animekid3

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Nov 8, 2018 1:29 PM
May 2013
EmanGaming said:
Looks like the sub came in.Well it had crazy action scenes like fast and furious,lots of new techonlogy like the infamous dark web tor and overall felt like a watchdogs anime version with blowing up home applications and phones.Even nasa got hacked,snowden 2.0 and well the motive was prety silly 'I am going to bring down a satellite because you made a guy kill himself, instead of target the guy who made him commit sucide'(Your doing too much).Well one of my favourite movies in terms of technology and ridiculous action scence make you go initial d Deja vu:
'I've just been in this time before
Higher on the beat
And I know it's a place to go '
oh yeah and three offices of security police was confusing and well another thing was the amount of illegal things they did like amuro who made the guy who died dead in the public eyes public that many people really thought he's dead.'Because I love my country' it is all right.

Also another thing was this all possible hacking a satelleite making it fall and using the electricity at home t blow up home applications and use cellphone to became explosive ? IOT some azaming stuff.evil grin..

And of course finally kaido kid is coming next to the sky we go.Looking forward to the goden week 2019 it is at Monday, April 29 to Sunday, May 7.

Yup and preview for next movie got me wondering too... as i’m Like what is special on this since it say golden week... 🤔 one way I can think of this year Case Closed reach to 1000 chapters... that I could think to link with golden week maybe? Or Anniversary of Case Closed it been going for?
Have Great Day =)
Animekid3

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Nov 8, 2018 3:40 PM

Jan 2009
The movie deserves a good rating only for the fact that the annoying kids barely had any screen time, also we got to see Conan nervous for once because it was a personal case (Kogoro getting arrested).
What's with this and the last few movies though? They are about 2 hours long but didn't feel like much has happened in them compared to the older movies which have shorter durations.
Also I'm not a big fan of car action (or whatever you'd call it), but I like Amuro so it was good to see him taking the spotlight.
Nov 11, 2018 9:49 AM

Nov 2016
It was a cool and entertaining movie, but there was hardly anything original about it. It felt like they just crammed some elements of the series and other movies into this and called it a day.

Highlight was obviously the sakuga part at the end.

Despite being a bit lackluster it still gets a 6/10 from, it was good fanservice.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 13, 2018 10:18 PM

Dec 2012
Ai.
Dat explosion.
Tooru!
Kazami survived the explosion.
Mouri's fingerprints?
lol at Ran calling Shinichi.
Now how would calling Shinichi save your father from getting arrested?
Tooru!
Is she calling Naruhodo Ryuuichi?
Her name is Kyoko.
She lost all her cases?
Tooru!
Tooru hacked Conan's phone.
Kyoko is with Kazami?
Tooru caught Conan.
Tooru found the bug.
Tooru is Zero.
PTI!
Everything's going haywire.
IoT terrorism.
Ran is so stupid.
OH SHIT! HER LEFT OPPAI EXPLODED! NOW SHE ON FIRE! DAT GIRL IS ON FIRE!

It was ok. I expected more with Tooru being the focus and it being a sequel to The Darkest Nightmare. Needed more Ai. Glad the kids had less screentime. They were annoying AF in The Darkest Nightmare.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Nov 16, 2018 4:34 AM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
Yeah the best thing in the movie is seeing Conan so dreaded with Mouri's arrest and to-be prosecution, almost feels trollish towards Conan haha I got your Mouri
張大です for 張大勇督察
Nov 17, 2018 12:17 AM

Jul 2012
Intense as hell! I now love Furuya now! He's such a badass character and I loved his collaboration with Conan.

This was a seriously... crazy movie. How is this aimed towards younger children? The story is way too complicated for that! Like even I struggled to understand the whole Public Security plot. o_o

I'm glad this movie isn't like the usual Whodunnit where someone is murdering multiple people who have links to an old backstory. I really enjoy terrorism subplots! That IoT and Cooperator stuff is super cool. Even as someone who is in the tech industry, I have not really learned much about IoT and its risks.

This is definitely one of the better Conan movies, maybe in top 5 for me along with 5 and 6. Crazy good story, good action, and engaging overall. Biggest flaws? The female lawyer character (glasses girl) who felt like she was thrown in there to cause drama. She was pretty useless.

Yo... Next movie is gonna be revolved around Kaito Kid, so exciting!!!!

8/10 overall
Nov 22, 2018 3:21 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
Good job presenting such a convoluted and inefficient "spy" network. IoT hacked devices doesn't mean you can make phones explode. Also, the physics doesn't compute but at this point I can't really expect more than this. Still quite disappointing overall...
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Dec 22, 2018 7:57 PM

Dec 2015
I was awaiting this installment anxiously since I'm one of the few western Amuro fans, needless to say, I was heavily let down
The writing seemed pretty lazy this time (especially judging by everything concerning the Mouri family and Agasa and the kids)

Also did anyone else feel as though there were strangely patriotic undertones with all that talk about saving this country from Agasa and Amuro even calling it his lover?
Dec 30, 2018 7:58 PM

Mar 2018
It definitely wasn't the best movie, but it wasn't terrible either. Overall an 8/10
Amuro is one of my favorite characters, but I'm sad he didn't get more screen time. The trailer really made it seem like he was seemingly going to be doing all these horrible things but there was some good reason behind it, but it was just, "I got Mouri Kogoro framed for a crime, oh that's who the culprit really is, let's work together." If you don't count him framing Kogoro, he didn't really make any contribution except at the end.
Though the Amuro x Azusa scenes...I ship it. ^-^
I was also confused about Amuro's motive for getting Kogoro involved--the whole "Doing it for this reason and then so I could borrow your full strength."--that just didn't make much sense. I know that Amuro knows that Conan is a really smart child, but if I was in his position, would I really have done it to get the assisstance of a 6-7 year child? Like, if I was Amuro and was telling this plan to someone else, most likely I would just expect weird looks. Basically, I'm just questioning it logically.
Ran didn't really do anything in this movie, sadly. Was hoping she'd have more of a role like Amuro.
I wish we could've learned more about Kyoko--I liked her as a character, but after that reveal about her, I definitely grew more curious about her as a character.
A lot of people have complained about the recent Conan movies being way too action packed, but I felt like this was a perfect balance between mystery and action.I was pretty confused trying to follow all of the police and PSB branches, but it was still a very intriguing movie.
Beautiful music and animation.

And yay next movie is Kaito Kid! Can't wait! ^-^
Dazel1412Jan 14, 2019 8:41 PM
"Smiles and laughter are always good, but never forget your poker face."
-Kaito Kuroba (aka Kaitou Kid)

"A thief is a creative artist who takes his prey in style. But a detective is nothing more than a critic who follows our footsteps."
-Kaito Kuroba (aka Kaitou Kid)

Jan 12, 2019 9:19 PM

May 2008
Not sure how to feel about this one because it overall feels a bit forced - from the ShinRan to the car scene - and a bit convoluted due to how Japan's police/home security works, but that's probably because I'm a filthy gaijin.

The plot while somewhat interesting with IoT had aspects that felt kinda obvious or prickled in how they were handled. Such as the bugging of phone (obvious) or Kyoko (again, obvious); it takes the movie forever to address it.

The worst part was the last 15mins or so (basically the capsule heading towards the Tower part); it was absolutely unnecessary and not only felt like they needed to check off their cliche "Save Ran, Shinichi!" moment, but the entire scene after the crazy driving also felt like it ripped off movie 5's Grain of Rice and Ran+Conan bungee jumping scene. Felt like it was just there to pad out the movie.

The best scene, tho, was Amuro shopping at was Costco. That had my interest more than the mystery, haha.

Well, it was certainly better than the last 5 movies, at least.
Jan 25, 2019 12:40 PM

Feb 2013
The best part of the movie for me was the final part with Amuro's mad driving skills!
Mar 7, 2019 8:22 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
well this has been so far the least interesting DC movie I've seen.. I mean plot seemed nice as always just the contents bored me. Drama felt shallow and pointless as well.

Driving sequence probably was the most entertaining part.
Mar 16, 2020 6:32 PM
Mar 2015
Lol, just finished watching the movie. I feel like at this point, instead of giving Conan a soccer ball and his powered shoes, just give him a bazooka or something xD
Dec 28, 2021 7:51 PM

Jan 2008
So in the end, that mobi-attorney or whatever woman left, just like that, huh. She finds out the love of her life is alive after all...and she's like, "F all this, I'm out". Sucks for the ponytail guy. I was expecting them to get a happy ending, with them both now being let go from being cooperators. But she thew that away by slapping away his address, and stormed off like a would-be culprit villain-in-the-making with a chip on her shoulder. I think this is the only lingering bitter taste left in my mouth after seeing this movie, after being on my to-watch list for so long, but otherwise a good movie over all, even if it was pretty predictable.
Jul 14, 2022 6:02 AM

Nov 2021
Holy moly! The action sequences were insane! Conan & Amuro at the end: two best buddies.

I thought at first its gonna be about Black Organization. I guess I'll have to wait for that
neeJayJul 14, 2022 6:05 AM

Aug 6, 2022 8:44 PM

Jan 2016
Guess I’m one of the few that thought this was a meh movie. I was so confused all their ‘public security’ thing. Not sure if it was the subs translation that made it confusing or what. For most part I was often checking how far I had left to finish it. This national police thing is so convoluted. The things I liked in the movie was the crazy action scenes and AI’s reaction to trying to figure out the speed/timing of the satellite. Overall 6/10.

May 29, 2023 2:04 PM

Jul 2013
Man, this could very well be one of the best movies if they went all the way in with the idea of Kogoro getting framed and the conflict between Conan and Amuro

But then they had to pussy-footing around to end on the NASA hacking nonsense and pointless action scene...
Jan 4, 2:10 AM

Jan 2012
I'm not gonna mince words here: As far as Detective Conan films are concerned I thought that this one was, mostly, a dud. And I think I know why. It is not uncommon for a typical Conan case to require knowledge regarding Japanese history or language or culture or what have you in order to solve the case. In most Conan films this is typically displayed via Dr. Agasa's little quizzes for the kids. As an outsider looking in regarding that stuff I've grown accustomed to accepting my ignorance in these matters and just going with the flow. But it was more difficult for me to do in this movie because in this one it wasn't just Agasa's quiz.

On the surface, I should have liked this film. The Mouri family are ostensibly front and center, and seeing Eri in a film in particular is a rare treat. Yet instead of enjoying the potential interactions playing out I instead was treated to an interminably long scene in Eri's office explaining Japan's various police and law and government agencies. Now I understand WHY this happened, because of Amuro's central focus in the film, but I found it all so dry and boring that the film lost me in the first hour and never really got me back. I didn't care about the movie characters or their motivations, and while I don't mind Amuro he's not exactly one of my favorite characters. If I never have to hear(well, read) the term Public Security Bureau ever again that'd be a-ok by me.

I THINK I more or less understood the plot, but I never got truly invested in it. Or if I did my investment died during that expository scene in Eri's office early on. Besides Dr. Agasa's quiz this had other Conan film staples, but they were largely underwhelming and half-baked. We only really got one over-the-top, goofy Conan in danger scene and it was at the very end, long past the point of caring. I saw the Ran in danger moment coming a mile away, as it's another Conan movie staple, but with a mere 15 minutes left(yes, I checked the film's runtime multiple times while watching which is also not a good sign) I figured maybe they were skipping it this time. But no, they just decided it only needed a handful of minutes. Probably figured we needed more scenes of characters listening in on each other's conversations or explaining which agency does what. Bleh. The action just wasn't good enough in this one. An opening bombing, a falling NASA space probe or whatever it was, and some electrical malfunctions while Amuro does car tricks and the kids play with a drone? Not good enough. I'm not sure this was the worst Conan film of the 22 I've now seen, largely because some of them were watched over a decade ago now and my memory's not that great, but it's definitely in the bottom half. Generous 6/10.

More topics from this board

» About the Dub for this movie...

Dazel1412 - Jul 29, 2019

1 by DickTheBdayBoy »»
Oct 2, 2020 10:40 AM

» Did the movie just spoil the next *spoiler*

wolfwing - Nov 8, 2018

2 by TadanoMari »»
Aug 9, 2020 2:52 PM

» Zero the Enforcer Theme Song: "Rei-ZERO" by Masaharu Fukuyama (FULL)

Dazel1412 - Apr 13, 2018

1 by tsubasalover »»
May 3, 2018 9:25 PM

» Pv Detective Conan Movie 22

KalfKaneda - Feb 28, 2018

3 by Kuroshi_ »»
Apr 12, 2018 7:40 PM

» antipation thread [ANIME SPOILERS ONLY]

TheGeniusBaka - Dec 24, 2017

10 by Dazel1412 »»
Mar 7, 2018 12:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.