Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Devils' Line
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 22, 2018 1:06 PM

Jul 2015
Giiiiiirl that guy you can trust jerked off while licking your dried blood on his hand... He also came in your room in the middle of the night through the window... Hes also a vampire... Well she ain't dead yet so in a case like this I can see him being pretty trustworthy for a creepy stalker dude, plus he's protected her on more than one occasion...

Anyway, girl got a fever, dude is depressed because he's a vampire, usual couple problems, vampire serial killer running around shootin people in the head and made an attempt to kill main dude, girl is cute, kiss, good episode.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Apr 22, 2018 2:05 PM

Mar 2009
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Eh, I'm not sure I can stand Tsukasa's personality much anymore. She always acts so awkward around Anzai.

Umm..... Yeeeeaaahhhhh- That's because she's a virgin- And experiencing love and attraction for anyone the first time. Add to that, she doesn't know what might offend her non-human, soon-to-be boyfriend, who has told her several times, how dangerous his species/race is.... And the fact that a good friend she thought she could trust, betrayed her, as well as having her teacher go crazy and attack her...

How would most people act, given that info/background?
If they had never been in ANY SORT of romantic relationship, and had been somewhat shelterd growing up.
I doubt anyone like that, who was faced with a creature that looked human, but clearly was not, wouldn't be awkward as all hell.
Apr 22, 2018 2:15 PM

Mar 2009
Bfolls said:
I'm still waiting on some character development of tsukasa. Really wish she had more about her than "shes smartand takes good notes." Is she passionate about something? Can't they have her like actively pursuing a career or graduate school or something? I feel like this has some solid potential and I've enjoyed a lot of it so far but that one point is a really big negative so far

She is doing that....
They just left out most of the important info about her, in the anime. At this time in the manga, she's stated to have been going to collage.
She is a first-year graduate student at Keio University where she studied Humanities and Geography at the point in the manga, that correlates to these 3 aired episodes.
Also, she gets passionate about something later in the manga. I can't really discuss anything past this point in the manga. But she does. And, she throws herself whole heartedly into it.

Hachiko75 said:
I like this anime, I don't care what anyone says. Of course if it has vampires in it, people are going to whip out their Twilight notes to compare.

If you like the anime, you'll probably love the manga. Its 100 times better.
They've really messed the relationship up in the anime because of the pacing being all over the place.
windeen-windyApr 22, 2018 2:19 PM
Apr 22, 2018 2:29 PM

Mar 2018
windeen-windy said:
Bfolls said:
I'm still waiting on some character development of tsukasa. Really wish she had more about her than "shes smartand takes good notes." Is she passionate about something? Can't they have her like actively pursuing a career or graduate school or something? I feel like this has some solid potential and I've enjoyed a lot of it so far but that one point is a really big negative so far

She is doing that....
They just left out most of the important info about her, in the anime. At this time in the manga, she's stated to have been going to collage.
She is a first-year graduate student at Keio University where she studied Humanities and Geography at the point in the manga, that correlates to these 3 aired episodes.
Also, she gets passionate about something later in the manga. I can't really discuss anything past this point in the manga. But she does. And, she throws herself whole heartedly into it.

Hachiko75 said:
I like this anime, I don't care what anyone says. Of course if it has vampires in it, people are going to whip out their Twilight notes to compare.

They've really messed the relationship up in the anime because of the pacing being all over the place.

That's too bad they left that stuff out. I wish they had kept it. I think it's better to put out half of the story completely and hope it gets a second season to finish than try to make an abridged version fit into one season. I might check out the manga.
Apr 22, 2018 9:19 PM

Mar 2009
Bfolls said:
windeen-windy said:

She is doing that....

That's too bad they left that stuff out. I wish they had kept it. I think it's better to put out half of the story completely and hope it gets a second season to finish than try to make an abridged version fit into one season. I might check out the manga.

There are 52 chapters translated so far (crunchyroll just released chapters 53-58 for their premium members, and will be simul-publishing it in English. Its really much better, I don't know what they are trying to do with this anime. I'm not thrilled with it. But, I guess I'll keep watching it to see how much more of it they butcher.
Apr 22, 2018 11:28 PM

Jun 2016
And the romance continues, kinda generic in someway or another but not so much of a problem.

And Anzai can't have some good time can he?
Apr 23, 2018 2:06 AM

Mar 2014
Hmm I liked the previous ep more but this one was cool as well. Totally wasn't expecting Anzai getting shot.
LOL Tsukasa being jealous of Juliana. I like the banter between her and Anzai. I agree that the pace is a bit odd, so I'd like to take up the manga soon.
Apr 23, 2018 3:11 AM
May 2015
I think this is female friendly LOL
Apr 23, 2018 7:30 AM

Feb 2018
Well, this is not bad, but it's not anything special either, and it doesn't feel like it will be better.
I am consider dropping it... So far it feels like it will be a mediocre anime, which is kind of a waste of time.
Is the manga good?
Apr 23, 2018 1:24 PM

Mar 2009
Nemurasan said:

Much better. They seriously messed it up with this. Ep# 1 they animated about 80%-90% of chapter 1. For ep 2 they animated about 10%-15% of chapter 2 AND about 30%-40% of chapter 3 (adding things onto her confrontation with that ass of a teacher, that were not there).
For this episode they animated portions of chapter 4, 5 & 6 just for episode 3. They are cutting out little bits here and there, but added up, they leave out a lot of info. Like character personality building, world building and relationship building.
If you read all of my previous comments in this discussion, on pages 1 & 2, I explain a lot of what was left out, to others who either dropped it because these things were not better explained, or were thinking about dropping it.
They are leaving a lot of the reasons, for characters to react/behave how they are, to the events. And they aren't completely finishing off events the way they were in the manga. This makes the characters look stupid and/or useless.
windeen-windyApr 23, 2018 1:30 PM
Apr 23, 2018 2:57 PM
Mar 2018
So far I don't like it... Does it get better going forward?
Apr 23, 2018 9:48 PM

Oct 2008
Oh hey! The romance is blooming for both Anzai & Tsukasa
but man! we have a brutal headshotter assassin who really despises devils! And Anzai got wrecked and shot 2 times! That's gotta take a hard toll for him!
wow unexpectedly on the last part we have a new character showed-up!
5/5.

Apr 23, 2018 10:19 PM

Aug 2014
Hmm so far plot is ok, action is ok. The romanic is weird as hell. I understand love at first sight but sexually assaulted right from the get go and is some how ok with it sureeeee. I have no qualms about Anzai being a half vampire and a actual developing relationship but from the get go it's been Anzai just shows up whenever. Anzai would probably be in the same shape as Akimura if he didn't have the support system that he does and Akimura I assume was full vampire. In the anime at least she never goes and see Akimura that's pretty pathetic really. All in all it's just a story but there's just been a lot of forced relationship stuff going on like nobody but her girlfriend even questions it.
Apr 24, 2018 1:41 AM

Oct 2015
what is it with vampires and cringe coming always together in pair. Lol. Why are most anime tagged with Vampire so fucking shitty
Apr 24, 2018 3:37 AM

Mar 2009
BiSkoOt said:
So far I don't like it... Does it get better going forward?

No idea. The manga was NOWHERE near this bad. They've really messed it up s far.
Ep# 1 they animated about 80%-90% of chapter 1. For ep 2 they animated about 10%-15% of chapter 2 AND about 30%-40% of chapter 3 (adding things onto her confrontation with that ass of a teacher, that were not there).
For this episode they animated portions of chapter 4, 5 & 6 just for episode 3. They are cutting out little bits here and there, but added up, they leave out a lot of info. Like character personality building, world building and relationship building.

I HIGHLY recommend trying the manga to anyone thinking of dropping the story.
Apr 24, 2018 10:24 AM
May 2015
windeen-windy said:
Nemurasan said:

Much better. They seriously messed it up with this. Ep# 1 they animated about 80%-90% of chapter 1. For ep 2 they animated about 10%-15% of chapter 2 AND about 30%-40% of chapter 3 (adding things onto her confrontation with that ass of a teacher, that were not there).
If you read all of my previous comments in this discussion, on pages 1 & 2, I explain a lot of what was left out, to others who either dropped it because these things were not better explained, or were thinking about dropping it.
They are leaving a lot of the reasons, for characters to react/behave how they are, to the events. And they aren't completely finishing off events the way they were in the manga. This makes the characters look stupid and/or useless.

By what I read this anime is trying to fit all the chapters in less ep. Maybe this will be a 12 ep series, that's why they have messed up, I think.
Apr 24, 2018 5:45 PM
May 2009
I love the idea of the story. I like how it focuses on romance as well as whatever is going on around them. Unique and appeals to different genders. The manga and episodes thus far are decent. The relationship development between Anzai and Tsukasa is a bit fast in the anime since the story progression is. Since the anime only has 12 episodes, read the manga for more information.

I also jumped when he got shot. lol. Anyone else noticed the atmosphere created by the artwork? lots of dark colors and the vibe is perfect. I'm so glad I read the manga before watching! No complaints. :)
Apr 24, 2018 8:19 PM

Mar 2009
Ehh. If I were him, I would have gone for the hot onee-san voiced by Miyuki Sawashiro. Since she's also a vampire, at least you can have sex whenever you want, instead of having someone there to watch. Which is awkward.
Apr 24, 2018 9:14 PM

Mar 2009
Mormegil said:
Ehh. If I were him, I would have gone for the hot onee-san voiced by Miyuki Sawashiro. Since she's also a vampire, at least you can have sex whenever you want, instead of having someone there to watch. Which is awkward.

He has human blood as well...
She commented in the manga, that when they were together (and they were-on and off, until he met Tsukasa from what I understood), she still had issues controlling her blood-lust, when being intimate with him because of his human half.
She is a full vampire, unlike Anzai. And they have less self control than the half human vampires (like him).
She has to plaster on the make up to hide the dark circles under her eyes, she's not as safe as she seems.
She's not as self-assured as she seems, either. She's more like a big sister figure for him.
Apr 25, 2018 4:32 AM

May 2015
Oh my, they are both pathetic.
Apr 27, 2018 2:37 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Tsukasa always is very kind!!! Her personality is nice for this series because her understanding makes evolve the character!!!
Well, the snipper is another girl with a serious moral/personal problems!!!
Apr 28, 2018 6:16 AM

Apr 2015
Can't really fault the show THAT much(more so cos not much is really going on) but it's taking way too long for me to finish an episode, it feels like an hour.

Their relationship is, if not that clever or well-developed, at least cute enough. So far.
Apr 29, 2018 8:03 AM

Mar 2009
When Anzai ran off to confront the sniper, Tsukasa said "No, don't go!'" and then started opening the present.

(rofl) This was the funniest moment so far. XD
All these contribute to the weird pacing and character reactions of the anime. Might give the manga a try when I am free
Apr 29, 2018 9:38 AM
Jan 2011
evoniee said:
please make your post as review, this is absolute dogshit.

I called it like it is. Your reply to my post IS dogshit though. Try again.
Apr 30, 2018 10:48 PM

Mar 2009
Animeniac77 said:
evoniee said:
please make your post as review, this is absolute dogshit.

I called it like it is. Your reply to my post IS dogshit though. Try again.

I think that person was saying that the anime is "dogs#!t" not your post.
I THINK, from previous comments from that person, that I've seen, that they were agreeing with you. Not calling your post "dogs#!t".

That said, swearing to the extent of that post (the one that they wanted you to turn into a review) is against the MAL rules (as far as I understand them).
So, if you do write a review (just telling you what I would do, mind you, not telling you what to do), you should probably clean it up.
Also, "r€t@rded" is offensive.
As it is discriminatory/derogatory against people who have any sort of learning disabilities.

And that is one of the words used in the rules, as an example of things not acceptable.

So, I would leave that out as well....

Just my opinion.
I'm trying to be helpful here.
Hopefully you won't shoot the messanger, and that you will take my words as they are meant: offering them as helpful comments.
windeen-windyApr 30, 2018 11:01 PM
May 1, 2018 2:27 AM

Jun 2013
The animation is shit and Tsukasa is a terrible female character who can't stand up for herself, Anzai is Edward Cullen with a raging boner.

It's so bad but it's so fun to watch. I laughed when Anzai got punched in the balls and cried like a little bitch. I thought he had super speed since he was a demon, why couldn't he protect his sausage from that punch? Shit, I sound like I'm victim-blaming him now. I'm an asshole. Poor Anzai sausage.

Their kiss was underwhelming, maybe because the art is horrible but I started reading the manga and I prefer it to the Anime, as usual.
臭い-
May 4, 2018 3:55 PM

Sep 2013
Stupid assassin stopping the sex scene :'(
May 20, 2018 1:38 PM

Jul 2009
Tsukasa is so in love already...
May 24, 2019 10:26 AM

Sep 2012
her: i am not hes gf

me: ye right, then what u call this hes coming to ur home and u always cook for him, u have some srtious hard denyal isdues 😂😂😂
Nov 14, 2020 12:53 PM

May 2015
Honestly when you stop and think about it the rate that they get close is unnaturally fast but I love it. They dont waste any time at all and go straight to the romance.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Jun 15, 2021 4:22 PM
Mar 2021
In my opinion, Tsukasa is a very annoying and weak character so far, she doesn't seem to have a personality. She and Anzai's interactions are very unenjoyable because she is so awkward and is always nervous. Even Anzai himself lacks a personality, all we really know about him is that he works in the police force, he's a half breed, and he likes Tsukasa for some reason. I hope that my opinions change after a few more episodes

I also don't care about the romance because it seems so forced and fast-paced
Oct 26, 2021 8:45 AM

Jan 2021
Not gonna lie. I actually kinda like the romance. I think it's hot in fantasies when a woman holds the control of a powerful man or monster in her hands. Their use of sexual need driven by blood adds a great tension. There are very few anime that I think are sexy but this is one.

Though eww, how many Kleenex is that guy going to go through lying on his girlfriend's bed?
Dec 27, 2022 12:48 AM
Dec 2022
this was hot ass ass
Mar 15, 2023 9:50 PM
Aug 2021
So from my understanding, they are now unofficial partners she has a W friend though. Understandable that there is a killer going around killing vampires my question is how does she find them? Well, I guess actually some are easy if they have the eyebags it is usually a dead giveaway.
Nov 16, 2023 9:26 PM

Dec 2022
Sniper chick isn't wrong. The vampires in this anime seem like loose cannons, so I can see how they'd make enemies.

I think I went into this getting fooled by the demographic tag. This feels more like a shoujo romance anime with vampires than it does a seinen.

Shaded Horizon

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Devils Line Episode 12 Discussion

removed-user - Aug 16, 2018

25 by hellokittyluv23 »»
Mar 29, 4:32 PM

Poll: » Devils Line Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 14, 2018

140 by Karva1 »»
Mar 9, 1:04 PM

Poll: » Devils Line Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2018

184 by Karva1 »»
Mar 9, 12:54 PM

Poll: » Devils Line Episode 11 Discussion

removed-user - Aug 16, 2018

5 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 17, 2023 4:18 PM

Poll: » Devils Line Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 26, 2018

26 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 17, 2023 12:48 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.